PDA

View Full Version : Semifinals: Richmond at Appalachian State

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ur2k
December 5th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Spdram:
I have the Towson game on my DVR. UR played a strange 1st half. Turnovers & missed field goals led to a 7 - 6 half time score. I assume this game was out of character for UR.

And, I totally agree with your second paragraph!

We left way too many points on the board in that game. It should have never come down to that last drive for them to win. But it happened, UR lost and it served as a wake-up call to the team and they haven't lost since.

Bettina90
December 5th, 2007, 11:31 AM
JMU'S offense was built to attack our exact weakness. The run game is and has been our downfall this season. Im not saying that Richmond cannot run, I know they can, and do it well. But honestly, if you put the two run games against each other, JMU wins every time. Dont get me wrong, I believe Richmond is a great team.

Hope that came through all right, but I do not agree with that. JMU's run game is much more-one dimensional, ASU could have and should have been able to sell out against it more to stop it but apparently they could not. Richmond's run game is equally good featuring an equally talented OL and equal if not better tandem (albeit a bit different in size and style) of RBs and a QB that can throw the ball better and to a better Receiving corps of both TEs and WRs.

Did anyone see the 4 balls Landers tried to throw at the end of the Delaware game when he had to move the team through the air? It was a bit windy but they were awful.

Richmond's run game is every bit as good as JMU's and with more balance to boot, IMO.

Bettina90
December 5th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Darn it, Ur2k, you beat me to it by just a smidge. I guess I took too long to explain mine.

biggie
December 5th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Update on tickets:

From what I see online through the ticketreturn.com site, there are a total of 23 reserved seats left. Then the grass tickets.

Looks good.

Mike G.
December 5th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Hope that came through all right, but I do not agree with that. JMU's run game is much more-one dimensional, ASU could have and should have been able to sell out against it more to stop it but apparently they could not. Richmond's run game is equally good featuring an equally talented OL and equal if not better tandem (albeit a bit different in size and style) of RBs and a QB that can throw the ball better and to a better Receiving corps of both TEs and WRs.

Did anyone see the 4 balls Landers tried to throw at the end of the Delaware game when he had to move the team through the air? It was a bit windy but they were awful.

Richmond's run game is every bit as good as JMU's and with more balance to boot, IMO.

You may be right, the numbers say that Richmond can run better. But app has a much better chance of stopping a strait foward run play. How JMU killed us, as did Georgia Southern xmadx (sore spot) Is with a QB that drops back and then runs, not unlike what Armanti does. When the apps pass rush, a moblie QB kills us.

Mike G.
December 5th, 2007, 11:39 AM
In case yall forgot, we beat Michigan with Mike Hart making several big plays. Who has a better run game, Richmond or Michigan?

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Update on tickets:

From what I see online through the ticketreturn.com site, there are a total of 23 reserved seats left. Then the grass tickets.

Looks good.

are you refering to this friday or the championship game???

MountaineerGuy
December 5th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Well considering we stopped their run game when mostly when Mike Hart was on the sidelines on the bike, and then he cut through our LB's and secondary basically all of the second half, I'd say Mich has the better overall run game, but I don't think we stopped their full-strength run game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of us at Mich, but this season has shown that just because we beat them doesn't mean we're the invincible juggernauts of the FCS. Not to mention we shouldn't use it as a way to justify being better than another team that has proven itself worthy of being in the semi's with us.

LacesOut
December 5th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Can't wait to see this one. Don't really care who wins, just looking forward to seeing both teams.

Good luck to both squads!

Bettina90
December 5th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Who has a better run game, Richmond or Michigan?

Honestly? It might be close. And Hightower/Vaughn might be a better pro prospects. And this is coming from a Michigan fan. Throw out Jake Long and UM's OL this year was brutal.

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 11:45 AM
In case yall forgot, we beat Michigan with Mike Hart making several big plays. Who has a better run game, Richmond or Michigan?

mike hart had over 200 yards!

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Honestly? It might be close. And Hightower/Vaughn might be a better pro prospects. And this is coming from a Michigan fan. Throw out Jake Long and UM's OL this year was brutal.

no its not... you cant even make that argument... michigan has the better ground game by far

biggie
December 5th, 2007, 11:47 AM
are you refering to this friday or the championship game???
This Friday.

I'm hoping for 23k+.

Bettina90
December 5th, 2007, 11:50 AM
no its not... you cant even make that argument... michigan has the better ground game by far

Ok. And you may very well be correct. But keep in mind that you are talking to someone that watched about 7 Richmond games this year and 8 Michigan games, as painful as that was. But you may be correct, I am just saying that beyond Jake Long and Mike Hart the ground game was ugly this year, and Hart got hurt in that game.

Anyway, this matchup is clearly one of the focal points of this game. And is how well Richmond can keep Edward's honest and make him beat them with his arm and not his legs.

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 11:50 AM
dont get your hopes up... seriously...

biggie
December 5th, 2007, 11:53 AM
dont get your hopes up... seriously...
With reserved seats selling out today, I would think 20k is pretty easy. We should at least set the record for playoffs. Although UR will probably contribute quite a bit.

jonmac
December 5th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Have not been to this site in a while, Scott Kadlub here, played at App from '93-'96, member of 75th Anniversary team. I was with the gentleman you are speaking about at the Furman game, when I do make it to a game, I live in Tampa, FL, I stand right there behind the visitor's section with some other ex-players and fans. I played with the older brother of the gentleman you are speaking about and was there when Charlie Cobb came into the stands.

It was good natured razing by both sides Furman/App during the first half. Once the game got out of hand was wend 2 Furman fans starting taking it a bit personal and got fired up. There was no cussing, just typical college football fans going at each other. We happen to be standing next to Charlie Cobb's brother who graduated from Furman (I bet that had nothing to do with it). Lets not bring up the names we were being called, the typical Hillbillies, rednecks, etc. (Funny, I was born in Chicago, grew up in Tampa, but because I play football at APP, I met that criteria).

In short, it was the Furman fans that turned once Corey Lynch returned the blocked field goal for a TD and the game was virtually over. So lets get facts straight. I spoke to Charile Cobb about the incident and it died down after a couple days.

I agree Charile Cobb is the right man for the job, this program should have been like this 12 years ago, when we had a good enough team to win 2 National Championships also, but the support was not there, some better coaches, No Roachel Laney there now and a different offense, and staying healthy for the most part now. I wish we had a better Div. I team scheduled for the first game in '95, we could have beat a lot of teams that year, that could have been the catalyst to start what is hapenning now with the program. No national Championships back then, but we are still the only undeafeated team, injuries and coaching killed us in the playoffs but what are you going do.

By the way I will be there Friday, and the best route to get tickets is to have somebody on a computer as soon as you know the Semi-final game is over and buy them through the NCAA website.

Scott, I was a manager your freshman year, good to hear from you. The person to which I was referring did not look at all what I remember you looking like. But it does sound like you were there. Sorry that I failed to mention that the 2 Furman fans did their part to keep it going as well. Seemed to me like it started out as good natured ribbing but might have gone too far on both sides. Glad to hear you're doing well and are able to make it up to games. BTW, I seem to remeber your dad being a real hoot and wearing some funny glasses along with your jersey, button, etc. Is he still crazy as that? I didn't get to meet him but was glad to see him with so much spirit. That was not our best year.xpeacex

CrackerRiley
December 5th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I will be disappointed if there are less than 21k people there...
how do we get 27k playing lenoir-rhyne and not even 17k in a playoff game?

ChickenMan
December 5th, 2007, 12:06 PM
I think Richmond is a better team than JMU.. on both sides of the ball. Richmond has a very good RB in Hightower and a very under-rated RB in Vaughan. Early in the seaon.. JMU's Landers was a pretty efficient passer.. but by the time he faced UR, UD and ASU he was a very erratic passer. Richmond's QB.. Ward will be the key to the game. Ward is a pretty good passer and he can also make big plays on the ground.. both by design or by breaking contain. If Ward has a good game UR will be tough to beat. ASU does have the big home field advantage and that is not to be taken lightly.. but Richmond has definately proven to be great 'road warriors' with wins at JMU, at Delaware and at Wofford. I'd rate the game as a toss up and in games like that.. turnovers are often the difference.

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 12:10 PM
how many fans will richmond be bringing....???

Bettina90
December 5th, 2007, 12:15 PM

I will assume that that is a rhetorical question. But regardless, I would guess you can count on less than 1,000.

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 12:20 PM
why would it be rhetorical? i was actually curious if anybody in the know would know how many... but thanks for your 1k guess... that sounds pretty plausible...

#72 App
December 5th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Good, thanks for asking, the person (if it is the same one who they had a picture of) I know very well, his brother was our long snapper Ware, anyway, that is exactly what happened, once it was a blowout, Furman no longer was having fun and took it personal, but hey who cares.

Yes, unfortunately, that is my dad, he's getting up there, I took him with me to the Michigan game for his last hooray, his body can't do that much anymore, but he is good.

Go Apps!

james_lawfirm
December 5th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I will be disappointed if there are less than 21k people there...
how do we get 27k playing lenoir-rhyne and not even 17k in a playoff game?

Playoff attendance seems a weird creature. Here are my thoughts:

1) For some reason, the reported number vs. the actual # of fans in the seats seems to differ substantially from regular season games. I don't know why this is. But, for ex., at the EWU game, there were folks on the grass & in the trees, and few seats empty (w/ the exception of one entire section in the visitors' side), and yet the reported # was @ 18k - It looked more like 21k+ to me. I know that at the JMU game, I had 5 season tickets paid for, only one of them scanned in right, and the ticket guy let us all in anyway. Is there a snafu since the NCAA ultimately gets the gate here? I don't know. I just know the reported number of fans at playoff games has always seemed low to me when compared to regular season games.

2) Unlike regular season games, folks have a harder time planning to attend. We did not know until Sunday afternoon that we were playing on Friday night. I know lots of alumni who must work. Some folks simply cannot get out of prior obligations. (Bless them.)

3) The playoffs seem to attract students sometimes & othertimes not - like when they're at Grandma's house for T'giving.

4) I cannot ever remember a Friday night game at Kidd Brewer with kickoff at 8:00 pm. My prediction: we either will have the worst attendance ever, or we will set records for a playoff game. My guess is the latter.

Mike G.
December 5th, 2007, 12:32 PM
you guys missed the michigan point. Your right that mike hart had 200+ yards, they ran all over us. My point is you can annihilate us with a ground attack and not put up enough points to win. We won, even though they had a great run game.

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 12:32 PM
I agree with everything you said except for point number four... i am a little worried... i would guess somewhere around 18-20 but not much more... as a student i have yet to miss a home game playoff or regular season and have made i believe about 7 away games in my four years... talking to other students i cannot believe the excuses they come up with... the 5 dollars is not usually the biggest reason amazingly...

roysboi12
December 5th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I hate I'm missing this one. I would like to see some real football played, but I have a Saturday morning exam in Chapel Hill. Go Apps!

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 12:34 PM
yes app does not have the best run defense but sort of like the NE PATS we are able to outscore any amount of points that another team puts up

'neers80
December 5th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I will be interested to hear your excuses a week from now. Whats it going to be? Start thinking early.
so whats your excuse for sitting at home while we continue to roll through the playoffs ... again?

bench
December 5th, 2007, 12:42 PM
so whats your excuse for sitting at home while we continue to roll through the playoffs ... again?

UMass thought they'd lose in the second round so they could get their Christmas rioting done earlier this year.

Bettina90
December 5th, 2007, 12:44 PM
why would it be rhetorical? i was actually curious if anybody in the know would know how many... but thanks for your 1k guess... that sounds pretty plausible...

I just figured that, at this point, that's kinda hard to tell. But my guess is that 1,000 would be the most that will make it down. I would love to be there but I can't take 8 hours of driving twice in 3 days. Holdin' out for the bigger picture....

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 12:45 PM

there is no good excuse so we dont really want to hear it...

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I just figured that, at this point, that's kinda hard to tell. But my guess is that 1,000 would be the most that will make it down. I would love to be there but I can't take 8 hours of driving twice in 3 days. Holdin' out for the bigger picture....

but if this is as far as richmond ever gets you will forever regret not coming... just saying!!!

Bettina90
December 5th, 2007, 12:51 PM
but if this is as far as richmond ever gets you will forever regret not coming... just saying!!!

I realize that, and I have family that live VERY close to the stadium down there. But I am gonna watch in my warm living room and hope for a road trip the next week.

And actually you are kind of wrong, I would be angry if I went down there and we lost....

biggie
December 5th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I agree with everything you said except for point number four... i am a little worried... i would guess somewhere around 18-20 but not much more... as a student i have yet to miss a home game playoff or regular season and have made i believe about 7 away games in my four years... talking to other students i cannot believe the excuses they come up with... the 5 dollars is not usually the biggest reason amazingly...
I think the night game brings a big hype to the game along with true National TV coverage. I would expect the students to show up more than on a Saturday Noon game.

What I'm disappointed in were some of the students I saw last Saturday, I always sit in the Student section (6) and usually the 1st couple rows. This time there was a group of 6-7 girls, an older couple and some others that did not stand up/cheer/anything and then most of them left at Half (as a lot do in that section every game actually). It was embarassing.

Hope the all the better student fans show up this time.

james_lawfirm
December 5th, 2007, 12:54 PM
UMass thought they'd lose in the second round so they could get their Christmas rioting done earlier this year.

That's pretty funny! xeekx

'neers80
December 5th, 2007, 12:55 PM
the problem isn't going to be getting the students there. its going to be the people who have to work and come up from charlotte, winston salem, greensboro and raleigh.

that's one of the reasons kickoff is set for 330 during the regular season on saturday's - to allow people exztra time to get up the mountain. its going to be tough for some people to take this friday and next friday off work.

biggie
December 5th, 2007, 01:08 PM
the problem isn't going to be getting the students there. its going to be the people who have to work and come up from charlotte, winston salem, greensboro and raleigh.

that's one of the reasons kickoff is set for 330 during the regular season on saturday's - to allow people exztra time to get up the mountain. its going to be tough for some people to take this friday and next friday off work.

Not for some of us. We have planned well and working at a Univ the people understanding college sports helps to let you off (at least early, I'm outta here at 3:30 on Friday).

Tickets: On ticketreturn seeing 7 reserved seats left. 4695 Grass tickets.

'neers80
December 5th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Not for some of us. We have planned well and working at a Univ the people understanding college sports helps to let you off (at least early, I'm outta here at 3:30 on Friday).

Tickets: On ticketreturn seeing 7 reserved seats left. 4695 Grass tickets.
where do you get those numbers?

boonegoon
December 5th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Are they bringing more lights for this game and towers for Cameras? Since the press box is gone I feel like the TV perspective is high schoolish. Does anyone know when the expected completion date is for the press box?

MountaineerGuy
December 5th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Are they bringing more lights for this game and towers for Cameras? Since the press box is gone I feel like the TV perspective is high schoolish. Does anyone know when the expected completion date is for the press box?

I think the idea is to have it done by the beginning of next season. Could be wrong

Mike G.
December 5th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Press box still says complete by 08 season. I dont know if thats gonna happen though.

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Press box still says complete by 08 season. I dont know if thats gonna happen though.

that is the word but i dont see it happening...

biggie
December 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Going on the Ticketreturn website and when you put in a number of tickets and the "adult" ticket it shows what is available. If you chose a section and click on the section link you will see how many are left. This is slightly flawwed since when some reserves them before they buy they don't show up, so there is fluctuation. Think I saw about 15-20 now.

For the Grass seats, just keep putting in a number high enough to where it says "No seats found".

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 01:38 PM

that is a good question...i have been wondering that each time he has been posting those numbers...

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Going on the Ticketreturn website and when you put in a number of tickets and the "adult" ticket is shows what is available. If you chose a section and click on the section link you will see how many are left. This is slightly flawwed since when some reserves them before they buy they don't show up, so there is fluxuation. Think I saw about 15-20 now.

For the Grass seats, just keep putting in a number high enough to where it says "No seats found".

well if that is accurate that is really awesome.. cuz those are some really good numbers...

biggie
December 5th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Also earlier today from GoASU.com

Good sign I think when they were seeing tickets going fast.

"LARGE, LOUD SEMIFINAL CROWD EXPECTED AT THE ROCK: Appalachian’s postseason attendance record will likely be in jeopardy on Friday night as The Rock hosts its first night game in six years.

Tickets are selling briskly for Friday’s semifinal showdown, as the Mountaineers will kick off under the lights for the first time in Boone since a 46-26 win over Liberty in the 2001 season opener.

An ASU postseason-record crowd of 18,040 attended last season’s 49-24 semifinal rout over Youngstown State. Also last year, Montana set the Division I FCS/I-AA semifinals attendance record when a boisterous crowd of 23,454 turned out on a Friday night in temperatures below 10 degrees for a semifinal matchup versus UMass.

For a chance to be a part of history, order tickets today. Tickets can be purchased online 24 hours a day by clicking here or from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. by phone at (828) 262-2079 or in person at the ASU athletics ticket office in the Holmes Center."

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 01:49 PM
yeah i read that online also and it was a pretty good article about the ticket situation... i hope the fact that the weather wont be TOOOOOO cold should help encourage more people to come...

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 01:55 PM
i just counted 23 tickets still available that are pretty well spread out according to the ticket return diagrams... i was unable to figure out how many were left on the hill though

biggie
December 5th, 2007, 01:57 PM
i just counted 23 tickets still available that are pretty well spread out according to the ticket return diagrams... i was unable to figure out how many were left on the hill though
Yeah I'm not sure if its their software or that many people going and reserving tickets and not buying them or what causes them to disappear for a while. Most of what I see is in Section 1A now.

for the Grass I just got 4710 a few minutes ago.

Sheesh, I'm a little bored at work.

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM
yeah i noticed that of the 23 I counted... 19 were in that section 1a that doesnt hardly make sense to me...

biggie
December 5th, 2007, 02:14 PM
yeah i noticed that of the 23 I counted... 19 were in that section 1a that doesnt hardly make sense to me...
Yeah, there's definately something a little weird, its not perfect.

I'm seeing now
1A = 23 seats
12 = 1 seat
13 = 1 seat

#72 App
December 5th, 2007, 02:19 PM
IT can't be cold enough, bring it on, night game in Boone does not happen very often, your playing for an unprecedent 3rd trip to the Champ game, Richmond is playing to bring down the champion at home, no excuses to not bring your A game as a player, coach, band member, FAN for either team, It should be a good, game. Glad I am coming to watch it.

There is a playoff for a reason, and especially with this college football year, anybody can beat anybody on any day. That rule does not apply here, Back to back Championships, home field, 62 points given up, whatever, it is the playoffs, win or got to "Nooga. Richmond has earned a right to be here, and I promise you they will compete.

URMite
December 5th, 2007, 02:20 PM

7! xlolx xlolx xlolx

Sorry, inside joke about our sometimes less than stellar attendance and our misleading reported figures when we do have a better than average crowd.xpeacex

APPride
December 5th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah I'm not sure if its their software or that many people going and reserving tickets and not buying them or what causes them to disappear for a while. Most of what I see is in Section 1A now.

for the Grass I just got 4710 a few minutes ago.

Sheesh, I'm a little bored at work.

grass seats sold so far are evidenced by what # seat they offer you

APPride
December 5th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I realize that, and I have family that live VERY close to the stadium down there. But I am gonna watch in my warm living room and hope for a road trip the next week.

And actually you are kind of wrong, I would be angry if I went down there and we lost....

Not me...I can honestly say that it would be a huge disappointment if we lose, but I will not be angry for going if we do. There is NO way I would miss the last home game put up by this team, these seniors etc. They have given us so much over the last few years, who wouldn't want to be there for the last hurrah...if that is what this game ends up being?

Fans that put contingincies on their support such as if they win such and such, then I will do _____, are not true fans...they are just (I dunno, whats the word I'm looking for?)

Appaholic
December 5th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Not me...I can honestly say that it would be a huge disappointment if we lose, but I will not be angry for going if we do. There is NO way I would miss the last home game put up by this team, these seniors etc. They have given us so much over the last few years, who wouldn't want to be there for the last hurrah...if that is what this game ends up being?

Fans that put contingincies on their support such as if they win such and such, then I will do _____, are not true fans...they are just (I dunno, whats the word I'm looking for?)

p_ssies?

ASUMountaineer
December 5th, 2007, 03:15 PM
p_ssies?

That could work.

APPride
December 5th, 2007, 03:21 PM
p_ssies?

yeah...thats it...see you @ THE ROCK!

mountaineertider
December 5th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Excuse Killers
Studying? Seriously, who's gonna be studying for an exam on Friday night?
Don't have $5? I'll pay for you.
Too cold? Welcome to Boone, it's only gonna get worse.
You know we'll win? What happened during the Wofford and GSU game?
Football is boring? Is the possibility of watching history boring?

Heard all of these, and they are all weak excuses. I've changed the minds of at least 3 people. Now to convince the rest!

Mike G.
December 5th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Da*n strait their lame excuses. If you go to school here, there is no excuse for not going if for no other reason than to make your school look good on tv. No excuses, just results at the rock.

Big Bubba App fan
December 5th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Listen...don;t take Richmond too lightly...i do think they will give a rough and tough game....mistakes i feel will be the desiding factor in this game..i can see App winning this thing in a close one...but then again...if muscue's happen....could be ugly in either direction....i bet both teams will be feeling this one sat. morning...praying for 3...if we are there...i'll be there in chatty...drop by ya'll....we'll be cooking in the parking lot

APPride
December 5th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Listen...don;t take Richmond too lightly...i do think they will give a rough and tough game....mistakes i feel will be the desiding factor in this game..i can see App winning this thing in a close one...but then again...if muscue's happen....could be ugly in either direction....i bet both teams will be feeling this one sat. morning...praying for 3...if we are there...i'll be there in chatty...drop by ya'll....we'll be cooking in the parking lot

bbubba, can you bring up a bunch o' those warm rolls from the Boxcar Grille ?? ummmmm...delicacies I tell ya...xnodx xnodx xnodx

Big Bubba App fan
December 5th, 2007, 04:08 PM
got ya APPride....those rolls are good....oh we will be doing eitehr wings....or brats...we did that last week....even gave chancellor Peacock one

Go...gate
December 5th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Going with Appy in this one.

proasu89
December 5th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Going with Appy in this one.

Thanks, Gate, hope you are right. That uneasy feeling I had last week w/ EWU has carried over. Well, it's either that or taco's and refried beans:o

Mountaineer#96
December 5th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks, Gate, hope you are right. That uneasy feeling I had last week w/ EWU has carried over. Well, it's either that or taco's and refried beans:o

If you ate those tacos and beans at Los Arcois I would blame that.......they got a 84 health rating.xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xeekx xeekx xnonox

AlphaSigMD
December 5th, 2007, 05:58 PM
If you ate those tacos and beans at Los Arcois I would blame that.......they got a 84 health rating.xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xeekx xeekx xnonox

Thats really too bad. That place was always pretty good until Dos Amigo's took off...

Mountaineer#96
December 5th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Thats really too bad. That place was always pretty good until Dos Amigo's took off...

Dos Amigos although a little bit more expensive is better CLEANER food. (for Mexican) ........but no margaritas!!!!! stupid liquor laws.

Griswold
December 5th, 2007, 06:09 PM
I need to ask for a favor!

I read that IF ASU wins then tickets for the NC game will go on sale 1 hour after the game Friday night. They will not go on sale till Monday over the phone, which like last year, the tickets will be gone by then. I'm trying to cover my bases here to make sure that I can get tickets. Please let me know if somebody is going to the game Friday night and is planning on purchasing NC game tickets afterwards and would be able to buy two of them for me. I was planning on going to the game when it was on Saturday but there is no way that I can make it Friday. I live in Raleigh and would be happy to meet up with someone here or if you don't live in Raleigh then I'd be happy to send you the money or meet you in 'Nooga!

Thanks for helping out a fellow Mountaineer! xthumbsupx

Feel free to PM me.

Appdad
December 5th, 2007, 06:43 PM
What restaurants, if any other than the Huddle House, are planning on being open AFTER the game?

Yosef@therock
December 5th, 2007, 07:15 PM
high schoolish is the track. I wish they'd tear the track up and get the fans closer to the field. If they'd let me I'd rent the bulldozer and do it myself.

Mike G.
December 5th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Hey appdad, i dont know about you adults, but for us its COOKOUT! no questions asked.

ASUMountaineer
December 5th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Hey appdad, i dont know about you adults, but for us its COOKOUT! no questions asked.

Just finished eating at CookOut in Huntersville. Love that place.

appmountaineer
December 5th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Cookout is amazing

ASUMountaineer
December 5th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Cookout is amazing

Dang straight...any place you can get chili and/ or a corndog as a side...crazy awesome.

Bettina90
December 5th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Having driven by the stadium probably 50+ times, and looking at some of the pictures you all are posting, it's hard to believe you guys generate as much noise as talked about. But I certainly take your word for it and will take note of it and how UR responds to it Friday night.

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 10:39 PM
I knew there was a reason everyone including me likes dos amigos better than los aricois but that score makes it obvious...

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Having driven by the stadium probably 50+ times, and looking at some of the pictures you all are posting, it's hard to believe you guys generate as much noise as talked about. But I certainly take your word for it and will take note of it and how UR responds to it Friday night.

I think it has a lot to do with the hill in the south endzone that traps the noise pretty well...

mistersykes
December 6th, 2007, 02:26 AM
I knew there was a reason everyone including me likes dos amigos better than los aricois but that score makes it obvious...

I prefer Los Arcoiris personally. It's too bad that they have a lower score, but that doesn't always mean that its dirty. I know they call them sanitation grades, but some of the things that they take off for are kind of ridiculous. And for repeated offenses, the scores go down a whole lot more, even if its not the worst thing in the world. I took a class in high school about NC food sanitation, and it was really interesting to learn some of the stuff. Some states don't even have sanitation grades!

Anyway, back to football! There's a lot of buzz on campus about the night game and I'm expecting a big and loud crowd! Proud to be a mountaineer!

phillyAPP
December 6th, 2007, 07:10 AM
I prefer Los Arcoiris personally. It's too bad that they have a lower score, but that doesn't always mean that its dirty. I know they call them sanitation grades, but some of the things that they take off for are kind of ridiculous. And for repeated offenses, the scores go down a whole lot more, even if its not the worst thing in the world. I took a class in high school about NC food sanitation, and it was really interesting to learn some of the stuff. Some states don't even have sanitation grades!

Anyway, back to football! There's a lot of buzz on campus about the night game and I'm expecting a big and loud crowd! Proud to be a mountaineer!

Everyone go to the thread APP State GET PUMPED !!!

They should pllay the video during pregame.

I expect the Rock to be loud during practice before the game until well after the game.

Is it friday yet? I am ready !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ball21
December 6th, 2007, 07:27 AM
I need to ask for a favor!

I read that IF ASU wins then tickets for the NC game will go on sale 1 hour after the game Friday night. They will not go on sale till Monday over the phone, which like last year, the tickets will be gone by then. I'm trying to cover my bases here to make sure that I can get tickets. Please let me know if somebody is going to the game Friday night and is planning on purchasing NC game tickets afterwards and would be able to buy two of them for me. I was planning on going to the game when it was on Saturday but there is no way that I can make it Friday. I live in Raleigh and would be happy to meet up with someone here or if you don't live in Raleigh then I'd be happy to send you the money or meet you in 'Nooga!

Thanks for helping out a fellow Mountaineer! xthumbsupx

Feel free to PM me.

I might have some extra tickets If ASU wins this tough game against Richmond on Friday night... I will know for sure come Sat. morning, after all my friends let me know they are in.. I might have up to 4-6 tickets.

Just PM and I will keep in touch !

GO APP

proasu89
December 6th, 2007, 08:03 AM

xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Dos Amigos only for me and the fam.xpeacex

biggie
December 6th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Its sad that yall have wondered away from Los Acros, was and is us 'ol skoolers' personal preference for Boone Mexican. Chicken Nachos with Spanish Rice on top rules. +12 Coronas.

Helped that Dos was only there like my last year. But Los has the better and cheaper food to me.

bamamountaineer1013
December 6th, 2007, 08:12 AM
For the first time in the playoffs, columnist Charles Burton (CSN) has picked us to lose. He has us as a touchdown dog...

http://collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=89401

appfan2008
December 6th, 2007, 08:14 AM

The scene on campus is awesome students really are getting excited for the game!!!

biggie
December 6th, 2007, 08:28 AM
For the first time in the playoffs, columnist Charles Burton (CSN) has picked us to lose. He has us as a touchdown dog...

And the first time we play on Friday, it balances out.

ApPlan
December 6th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I think it has a lot to do with the hill in the south endzone that traps the noise pretty well...

KBS is like a large speaker box. I lived in the apartments off of stadium drive, just above the stadium, and band practice used to rattle my dishes. xeekx

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2007, 08:40 AM
KBS is like a large speaker box. I lived in the apartments off of stadium drive, just above the stadium, and band practice used to rattle my dishes. xeekx

I agree that it's a loud stadium (especially if you're on the visitor's side). I would be interested to see exactly how the physics of it work though.

At first glance you would think that a lot of the sound would pass over the visitor's side or go out at the field house end. I guess it's the angle of the home side stands plus (as others have pointed out) the rest of the field is basically bowled in without actualy bleachers or seats.

However it works, it's loud!

Bettina90
December 6th, 2007, 08:48 AM
However it works, it's loud!

Maybe we will find out how quiet it can be Tomorrow night around 10:30.

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2007, 08:50 AM

Oh, it gets quiet quick too.

Just usually not for very long.:D

If App is within one or two scores, it's not going to get quiet for awhile.

james_lawfirm
December 6th, 2007, 08:59 AM
high schoolish is the track. I wish they'd tear the track up and get the fans closer to the field. If they'd let me I'd rent the bulldozer and do it myself.

This point has come up before. I have been to both sorts of stadiums - those with tracks, and those where the stands are right up to the field. I prefer having the track or at least the space between the stands and the field b/c otherwise there will always be a visibility problem for some fans and part of the sidelines. There is always the issue of putting some fans too close to the opposing team - probably not the best idea.

If your point really is you don't think the football stadium should be shared with the track team, I don't see one possible problem with sharing unless they want to have a track meet during a football game. Further, I don't think the track will go away anytime soon, so I don't think complaining about it will accomplish anything.

james_lawfirm
December 6th, 2007, 09:09 AM

Mr. Burton's point seems to be that ASU's Special Teams is our achilles heel exposed by EWU. Maybe. But, I bet Coach Moore has been working on things since last week. I would be surprised if things get as weird tomorrow night as they were last Saturday. I think the special teams will step up.

I also think Hightower is good, as is UR's QB. But, this is the type of Offense ASU does well against. Straight ahead rather than option/misdirection. Corey could get a few picks. And although they say they are keying on stopping Armanti, who has not said that? I think he will have a field day.

I predict a close game at first, but ASU by 10 - 14 at the end. Can't wait for tomorrow night.

lizrdgizrd
December 6th, 2007, 09:23 AM
I just hope none of the players gets hurt so that whoever wins (App xsmiley_wix) can go on to the Championship and win. xnodx

ASUMountaineer
December 6th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I just hope none of the players gets hurt so that whoever wins (App xsmiley_wix) can go on to the Championship and win. xnodx

Agreed. Hope both teams keep it clean. xrolleyesx

ASUdrummer
December 6th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Word around campus is that the coaches aren't letting ANYTHING by them this week. If there is such thing as over-preparation I believe it's this. They were in the field house from Sunday morning to sunrise Monday morning studying film and have been having late practices to get used to the lights and cold. Sounds like they're making sure our guys are ready for a great Richmond team. I'm pumped for a GREAT game! Go Apps!!!

APPride
December 6th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Word around campus is that the coaches aren't letting ANYTHING by them this week. If there is such thing as over-preparation I believe it's this. They were in the field house from Sunday morning to sunrise Monday morning studying film and have been having late practices to get used to the lights and cold. Sounds like they're making sure our guys are ready for a great Richmond team. I'm pumped for a GREAT game! Go Apps!!!

GOOD...wouldn't want the guys w/ ANY free time this week...stay focused! Look what happens when you give folks too much time to ponder the "what if's", "maybe might's" and "could possibly's"...

(hint, see AGS.com xlolx xrotatehx xeekx)

APPride
December 6th, 2007, 10:36 AM
hourly game day forcast...click over to Howard Knob webcam and see todays snow...

http://booneweather.com/Forecast/ASU

HiHiYikas
December 6th, 2007, 02:34 PM
If there are as many fans at this game as there have been views of this thread, we'll have an all-time playoff record for attendance.

ASUMountaineer
December 6th, 2007, 03:00 PM
If there are as many fans at this game as there have been views of this thread, we'll have an all-time playoff record for attendance.

Let's do it. I am ready for gameday, this is killing me sitting at the office.

APPride
December 6th, 2007, 03:16 PM
xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx
Let's do it. I am ready for gameday, this is killing me sitting at the office.

appfan2008
December 6th, 2007, 03:32 PM

the only the time the stadium gets quiet is when app has the ball... and then when that happens you can hear a pen drop but when the opponent has the ball no matter the score it gets rather loud... also tomorrow it should be cloudy which means it will be even louder with the sound being trapped by the clouds!

ASUMountaineer
December 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM
the only the time the stadium gets quiet is when app has the ball... and then when that happens you can hear a pen drop but when the opponent has the ball no matter the score it gets rather loud... also tomorrow it should be cloudy which means it will be even louder with the sound being trapped by the clouds!

Watch out for the clouds trapping the greenhouse gasses too...ahhhh!!!! xsmiley_wix

Sorry, couldn't resist yet another global warming joke. xpeacex

appfan2008
December 6th, 2007, 03:53 PM
thats cool... i just hope it doesnt decide to rain on us... the weather channel on their local on the eights just said there should be some pm showers tomorrow... damn that would suck...

lizrdgizrd
December 6th, 2007, 03:59 PM
thats cool... i just hope it doesnt decide to rain on us... the weather channel on their local on the eights just said there should be some pm showers tomorrow... damn that would suck...
Just check Ray's (http://www.booneweather.com/) weather center. He's right most of the time.

ERASU2113
December 6th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I wish they were calling for snow tomorrow.....supposed to be 40-45 at kickoff...before the temp jumps up to mid-50's by Monday

Oh and I've heard TONS of students saying they were going, even locals say they wanted to go to the game. The biggest reason: First time in a long time there has been a night game in Boone. It's going to be crazy in KBS tomorrow

Big Bubba App fan
December 6th, 2007, 05:27 PM
hey...what does the parking lot look like in chatty....i thought about bringing my camper and set it up in the parking lot and use it as tailgate central...or is it too crowded to take up 2 to 3 or maybe even 4 spaces...got to have room for the couch

ERASU2113
December 6th, 2007, 05:32 PM
There's a lot across from Finley, behind what would be considered the home side, where I've seen a lot of campers parked at. On the vistor's side where a majority of ASU fans have been the past two years would have space for ya if you got there early.

All that has to happen, is a win tomorrow night first

Big Bubba App fan
December 6th, 2007, 05:33 PM
would i need to bring my generator...or do they have power supply's there?...got to plug in my sat. tv

ERASU2113
December 6th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Not sure, you may want to bring it just to be safe

ASUdrummer
December 6th, 2007, 05:43 PM
hey...what does the parking lot look like in chatty....i thought about bringing my camper and set it up in the parking lot and use it as tailgate central...or is it too crowded to take up 2 to 3 or maybe even 4 spaces...got to have room for the couch

Attention App Fans:
Can we PLEASE have NO MORE of this until AFTER the game! We have absolutely no reason to talk about Chattanooga with a team like Richmond coming to our house tomorrow night. Bad mojo before a very important game...xnonono2x

Big Bubba App fan
December 6th, 2007, 05:43 PM
ok...thank you...how early should i get there...we are leaving at 7am from morganton...looking at 6 to 6.5 hrs to get there...aprox. 1 to 2 pm

Big Bubba App fan
December 6th, 2007, 05:45 PM
sorry asudrummer....didn;t mean to put the cart before the horse...but one can NEVER get too excited...but once again...forgive me

ERASU2113
December 6th, 2007, 05:48 PM
The only thing ASU really needs to do is stop Hightower (I'm an idiot), which will be hard for a defense that can't stop the run.

That's the story of the game....as it has been for most of the season for us. How well can we stop the run?

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2007, 05:49 PM
The only thing ASU really needs to do is stop Montgomery, which will be hard for a defense that can't stop the run.

That's the story of the game....as it has been for most of the season for us. How well can we stop the run?

Who the deuce is Montgomery???xconfusedx xconfusedx

Do you mean Hightower??

ASUdrummer
December 6th, 2007, 05:53 PM
sorry asudrummer....didn;t mean to put the cart before the horse...but one can NEVER get too excited...but once again...forgive me

No worries...I'm as excited as anyone! I just don't want to see any App fans look bad if we happen to...you know what.

james_lawfirm
December 6th, 2007, 05:54 PM

Do you mean Hightower??

You know, Montgomery - British 3rd Army. Eh, wot? xlolx

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2007, 05:55 PM
You know, Montgomery - British 3rd Army. Eh, wot? xlolx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

nice.

Big Bubba App fan
December 6th, 2007, 05:57 PM
i feel ya ...once again sorry about that...my bad for not showing enough class....but anyway...found out sat that chancellor Peacock likes my brats...so that might be the menu for the rest of the season

ERASU2113
December 6th, 2007, 05:57 PM

Do you mean Hightower??

That's who I meant...don't know who the heck I was thinking about

Granted, whoever wants to try the run the ball against our defense would be successful. Whether it's Hightower or a Montgomery xlolx :D

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2007, 05:59 PM
That's who I meant...don't know who the heck I was thinking about

No problem. I thought maybe I had missed somebody!

ERASU2113
December 6th, 2007, 06:01 PM
No problem. I thought maybe I had missed somebody!

Haha, well I mean when your team has so many successful runners against them...all the names just run together.

Probably was me just thinking of a combination of every runner we've faced xwhistlex xreadx xcoffeex

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Haha, well I mean when your team has so many successful runners against them...all the names just run together.

Probably was me just thinking of a combination of every runner we've faced xwhistlex xreadx xcoffeex

Like those AT&T commercials (I think)

Philawareapraugeacago.

ERASU2113
December 6th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Exactly one of those...

Harfostanders moments :D
(Mike Hart, Jayson Foster, Rodney Landers)

appfan2008
December 6th, 2007, 06:17 PM
should be a lot of fun tomorrow night i cant wait... i plan on arriving at the stadium sometime around 630... that should give me enough time to get a good seat where i always sit...man i cant wait

AppStateold299
December 6th, 2007, 06:21 PM
It sucks living so far away from App now. The only game I won't make during the playoffs. I hope the trend doesn't continue and there is plenty of support for our boys on the field.

appfan2008
December 6th, 2007, 06:28 PM
It sucks living so far away from App now. The only game I won't make during the playoffs. I hope the trend doesn't continue and there is plenty of support for our boys on the field.

Dont worry there is quite a bit of excitement around town and the fans will be ready and rocking tomorrow evening... it really should be an awesome atmosphere

HiHiYikas
December 6th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Dont worry there is quite a bit of excitement around town and the fans will be ready and rocking tomorrow evening... it really should be an awesome atmosphere
That's the great thing about Boone. I was over at U of R's campus today. I'm sure there are plenty of excited folks out there, but you really can't read that excitement just by driving through that part of town.

I really don't want ASU to lose, of course. If they do, however, I'd like to see Richmond win it all just to see if it would make a ripple up here.

Here (http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/sports.html)is the front sports page of the Richmond Times Dispatch's website. If you can find anything on that page about the game, let me know. I'm not seeing anything.

ERASU2113
December 6th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Here (http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/sports.html)is the front sports page of the Richmond Times Dispatch's website. If you can find anything on that page about the game, let me know. I'm not seeing anything.

Most likely if they did something earlier in the week and will do something tomorrow. Who knows though.

D1B
December 6th, 2007, 07:55 PM
App by 13

Nc App 32 SIU 34

Skjellyfetti
December 6th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Really enjoyed this article out of Richmond. Says alot about Moore that people always say, but still well written:

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/sports/more.PrintView.-content-articles-RTD-2007-12-06-0087.html

ERASU2113
December 6th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I know there has never been a team to win three straight championships. However, ASU became I think the sixth team to adance to semifinals three straight years.

Now I was wondering, has there been a team to make it to the championship three straight years? I'm guessing GSU did it, but not sure.

ASUMountaineer
December 6th, 2007, 08:04 PM
GSU did do it, 1998-2000. Won the NC in 1999 and 2000.

If not for the OT loss at Montana in the Semis, it would have been an all-SoCon NC game.

ERASU2113
December 6th, 2007, 08:24 PM
GSU did do it, 1998-2000. Won the NC in 1999 and 2000.

If not for the OT loss at Montana in the Semis, it would have been an all-SoCon NC game.

Yea figured so. They did it twice. Did it also in 1988-1990.

The all-SoCon NC would have been nice. In 1988 it happened with Furman/Ga. Southern http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=82976
Is where I found it. Kinda get bored at work xreadx

ASUMountaineer
December 7th, 2007, 06:05 AM
13 hours until kickoff. Work is going to kill me today, buying time before heading up the mountain.

APPride
December 7th, 2007, 06:06 AM
w/ everyone thinking run game from Richmond tonight, I bet they trick it up and try the passing route...D.J.'s gonna step up!
http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ/MGArticle/WSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173353768043

rjg129
December 7th, 2007, 08:06 AM
I cant wait...im leaving work early plan on getting to Boone 5ish....

Whats the latest word on tickets?

neersnbeers
December 7th, 2007, 08:16 AM
I can't twiddle my thumbs enough, I'm so excited!!! Plan on being up the mountain by 4. Thank god for a great secretary! Everyone be safe traveling. GO APPS!!!!

ASU88
December 7th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Wofford did a great job of killing us with the run, run, run and then executing trick pass plays when we cheated up too much in response.

You just know they've memorized that film. It's what I would do against us.

Taking a half day off of work. Will be in Boone by 2:00pm!!!!!

appheel
December 7th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I just noticed they opened up a bunch of tickets in sections 7 and 8. Were those returned by Richmond?

NM...I see the other thread now!

back2back
December 7th, 2007, 09:12 AM
-10 hours to kickoff and school got cancelled. I think I might watch the 05 and 06 Championships on DVD.

biggie
December 7th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Damn loaded with work today, but leaving at 3:30 anway.

MacThor
December 7th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I am curious from some of the comments and photos on this thread. Will ESPN have to bring in extra lights? It sure doesn't seem like the Rock is set up for night football.

Also, does anyone know which team will be wearing white?

ASUMountaineer
December 7th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I am curious from some of the comments and photos on this thread. Will ESPN have to bring in extra lights? It sure doesn't seem like the Rock is set up for night football.

More lights, I would think, would need to be brought in. I have no idea though. As to which team is wearing white. Unless something happened to Richmond's white ones, Richmond will be wearing white.

biggie
December 7th, 2007, 10:45 AM

At our usual 3:30 kickoff it is dark before the end, I'd say there is plenty of lighting. ESPN may bring in some things though, especially to help with the bad press box situation.

Almost 100% that we'll be in black as usual.

Black and Gold Express
December 7th, 2007, 10:47 AM

It's set up for night games. Most of the second half of home games played in November on are under the lights.

And UR is the visiting team, they'll be in white. We aren't like LSU who chooses to wear white at home. We'll be in all black.

APPride
December 7th, 2007, 11:16 AM
More lights, I would think, would need to be brought in. I have no idea though. As to which team is wearing white. Unless something happened to Richmond's white ones, Richmond will be wearing white.

when you look at the howards knob webcam

http://raysweather.com/Webcams/Howards+Knob

it looks like there are lights I do not remember seeing on the east (left) side...have they always been there this season?

Mike G.
December 7th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Man I feel for you guys at work, im psyched too, but i dont have any exams today, so im just sittin here, waiting in my dorm. ITS KILLIN ME. Time is goin backwards.

Mike G.
December 7th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Yes those lights have always been there. I think the stadium has enough lights. In August, cause of all the people practicing, the band had practice from 7:30 to 10 at night and it was really bright. I even wore sunglasses a couple of times, the glare on the empty bleachers was bad.

MacThor
December 7th, 2007, 12:29 PM
FWIW, the point spread is ASU -4 or -4.5, depending on the book. O/U 64.5.

Against playoff teams, ASU is 2-1 straight up, 0-3 against the spread.
UR is 5-0 SU, 5-0 ATS

MacThor
December 7th, 2007, 12:37 PM
More meaningless numbers:

The latest computer rankings (all the ones used in the CSN GPI):

Appalachian State: Massey 3 (Massey MOV 5), Sagarin 6, Laz 4, Sauceda 4, Self, 5, Ashburn 3, Keeper 1

Richmond: Massey 4 (MOV 1), Sagarin 4, Laz 2, Sauceda 2, Self 2, Ashburn 2, Keeper 2

Of course, computers don't play the games - let's have a great game tonight!

jonmac
December 7th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Starting to get a little depressed. Posting has slowed down which means many are on their way to Boone. Hate I can't be there. Depression will end when I am in front of TV hopefully by the 2nd half. Prior plans, ugh.

APPride
December 7th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Starting to get a little depressed. Posting has slowed down which means many are on their way to Boone. Hate I can't be there. Depression will end when I am in front of TV hopefully by the 2nd half. Prior plans, ugh.

I'm still w/ ya...but wheelin' outta the driveway in 10 minutes...signing off, unless I get on the aircard! GO APP!!!! xhurrayx

ASUMountaineer
December 7th, 2007, 01:37 PM

Like the picture jonmac, got to start the kids out young. xthumbsupx

jonmac
December 7th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Like the picture jonmac, got to start the kids out young. xthumbsupx

That's my nephew James. His mom and dad are State grads but the rest of my family are Mountaineers, minus a couple of wives.

Safe travels and enjoy the game.

GOAPPS!!!!

Philly Phoenix Phan
December 7th, 2007, 03:22 PM
App by 13. I saw Richmond beat Duke last year, and that was the most painful football game Ive ever witnessed. And Duke is a middling FCS team at best. (sidenote, just win the championship and get this over with, it kills me to root for you guys)

Bettina90
December 7th, 2007, 03:31 PM
App by 13. I saw Richmond beat Duke last year, and that was the most painful football game Ive ever witnessed. And Duke is a middling FCS team at best. (sidenote, just win the championship and get this over with, it kills me to root for you guys)

Thanks for the relevant info, our QB was making his 1st or 2nd start ever in that game, and most of our 65 freshman and sophomores on the team were still figuring out where the bathroom was on their dorm floor.

bench
December 7th, 2007, 03:39 PM
A couple of stats:

Expecting a close game? Since 2001, ASU is 11-8 in games decided by seven points or less. Richmond is 8-14.

The key factor may be which team can put 30 or more on the scoreboard. Since 2001, Appalachian is 45-5 when scoring 30 or more, with two of those losses this season. Richmond is 24-1, but is only 14-42-1 when scoring less than 30. Appalachian is 22-18 when held under 30. The Mountaineers have been held under 30 points just once this season, in their 28-27 win over JMU in the first round of the playoffs.

mountaineertider
December 7th, 2007, 03:49 PM
When do the gates open tonight?

appfan2008
December 7th, 2007, 03:55 PM
When do the gates open tonight?

6pm... 2 hrs before gametime just like they have all season!

mountaineertider
December 7th, 2007, 03:55 PM
sweet someone was trying to tell me 7 and it was throwing me off...off to the line it is!

appfan2008
December 7th, 2007, 03:58 PM
FWIW, the point spread is ASU -4 or -4.5, depending on the book. O/U 64.5.

Against playoff teams, ASU is 2-1 straight up, 0-3 against the spread.
UR is 5-0 SU, 5-0 ATS

interesting numbers but also pretty scary numbers... they sure are good...

appfan2008
December 7th, 2007, 03:59 PM
sweet someone was trying to tell me 7 and it was throwing me off...off to the line it is!

my goal is to leave my apartment after dinner at 615 and get to the gate when i always do at 630 (1.5 hrs before game time)

Mike G.
December 7th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Gametime baby, im out
GO APPS!

AppChicago
December 7th, 2007, 04:07 PM
God. My heart is pounding. It has been all day.

LET'S GO APP!

bench
December 7th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Let's do this.

http://www.virginmedia.com/microsites/movies/slideshow/stupid-characters/img_7.jpg

SO ILLmatic
December 7th, 2007, 04:21 PM
LOL

"Brick, where did you get a hand grenade?"

appfan2008
December 7th, 2007, 04:21 PM
God. My heart is pounding. It has been all day.

LET'S GO APP!

mine too i havent been able to stop thinking all day... i wonder how the players are doing never having had to wait all day like this... i guess they just think about how they prepared in high school

MacThor
December 7th, 2007, 04:22 PM
A couple of stats:

Expecting a close game? Since 2001, ASU is 11-8 in games decided by seven points or less. Richmond is 8-14.

The key factor may be which team can put 30 or more on the scoreboard. Since 2001, Appalachian is 45-5 when scoring 30 or more, with two of those losses this season. Richmond is 24-1, but is only 14-42-1 when scoring less than 30. Appalachian is 22-18 when held under 30. The Mountaineers have been held under 30 points just once this season, in their 28-27 win over JMU in the first round of the playoffs.

Well we can certainly throw out all the games pre-2004, since none of the current players were playing back then. (and Clawson wasn't UR's coach)

Really, the only relevant stats like these are from this season. Especially considering Richmond starts 17 underclassmen, and their defensive star and leading WR are freshmen.

ASU is 4-1 in games decided by seven or less, Richmond is 3-1.

ASU is 10-2 when scoring 30 or more, Richmond is 9-0. When held under 30, ASU is 1-0, Richmond is 2-2.

Versus common opponents, they both beat JMU by 1 (UR on the road) and Richmond beat Wofford, while Wofford defeated ASU.

Richmond Mountaineer
December 7th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Let's get it on. This has been the slowest day I can remember in a long time.

ball21
December 7th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Let's get it on. This has been the slowest day I can remember in a long time.

APP NATION is ready !!

Let's get started, this day has been dragging on forever. So let's get ready !!

Let's finish what we started with Michigan and let's go all the way!!

GO APP

AppChicago
December 7th, 2007, 04:41 PM
APP NATION is ready !!

Let's get started, this day has been dragging on forever. So let's get ready !!

Let's finish what we started with Michigan and let's go all the way!!

GO APP

Um. Unless "what we started" is our season....

Let's not end THAT quite yet. Not today, anyway. :D

ViennaSpider
December 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Nothing left now but to play the game. Go Spiders!

FCSFAN
December 7th, 2007, 06:55 PM
cmon over to the game thread!