PDA

View Full Version : Reason to attend UNH Home Games

Go Green
September 17th, 2023, 09:58 AM
It wasn't fun for Dartmouth fans to watch last night's game against the Wildcats.

But UNH had the most adorable doggie go out and retrieve the tee after UNH kickoffs! Don't know how long UNH had had the dog retrieve the tee, but here's a video of the doggie doing his/her work from last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X3PU0nvE4w

KPSUL
September 17th, 2023, 01:31 PM
I think it started last season, he is a big hit. Were you in the old stands off the Field House? They only listed 8330 attendance, but I don't think the home side has ever been fuller. Not as many tailgaters on Boulder Field.

Here's my repost from a CAA Thread, I'd like to get your thoughts:
Dartmouth contained him(Dylan Laube) better than anyone so far this year - a mere 223 all purpose yards, 180 rushing. Because of the high winds, the return game was non-existent. Dartmouth only kicked-off twice, both times with the wind and the ball landed beyond the end zone. The punts with the wind ended up in the endzone, and into the wind they were skied and only traveled about 25 yards - a fair catch was the only good option.
The passing game was very limited by the wind as well. Dartmouth got most of their passing yards on their last two drives - they got plenty of yards but they didn't score on either. UNH up 24-7 was in a prevent/dime defense while Dartmouth was completing very short passes.

Dartmouth surprised me a bit, the game was competitive until the last half of the 4th QTR. I was particularly impressed with their tackling.

Good luck during the remainder of your season!

Go Green
September 17th, 2023, 04:50 PM
I think it started last season, he is a big hit. Were you in the old stands off the Field House? They only listed 8330 attendance, but I don't think the home side has ever been fuller. Not as many tailgaters on Boulder Field.

Here's my repost from a CAA Thread, I'd like to get your thoughts:
Dartmouth contained him(Dylan Laube) better than anyone so far this year - a mere 223 all purpose yards, 180 rushing. Because of the high winds, the return game was non-existent. Dartmouth only kicked-off twice, both times with the wind and the ball landed beyond the end zone. The punts with the wind ended up in the endzone, and into the wind they were skied and only traveled about 25 yards - a fair catch was the only good option.
The passing game was very limited by the wind as well. Dartmouth got most of their passing yards on their last two drives - they got plenty of yards but they didn't score on either. UNH up 24-7 was in a prevent/dime defense while Dartmouth was completing very short passes.

Dartmouth surprised me a bit, the game was competitive until the last half of the 4th QTR. I was particularly impressed with their tackling.

Good luck during the remainder of your season!

UNH is a great team and most likely the best we will face this season.

I was pleasantly surprised with Dartmouth's defense, and very disappointed with Dartmouth's offense. I thought our QB threw like ****. He's a great runner. But we can't blame his inaccuracies on injuries anymore.

Yes, our backup QB played fine. Our receivers (aside from Scott) didn't do him many favors by dropping several catchable balls. Against a good team like UNH, we are not going to win if we play sloppy football like that.

The Granite Bowl trophy is yours for the year. Hopefully we get it back next time!!

And I paid the $30 to FloSports to watch the game. They made efforts to show the doggie after every kickoff. I haven't been to UNH since we tied you guys 21-21 my sophomore year (1990). :)

KPSUL
September 17th, 2023, 05:02 PM
UNH is a great team and most likely the best we will face this season.

I was pleasantly surprised with Dartmouth's defense, and very disappointed with Dartmouth's offense. I thought our QB threw like ****. He's a great runner. But we can't blame his inaccuracies on injuries anymore.

Yes, our backup QB played fine. Our receivers (aside from Scott) didn't do him many favors by dropping several catchable balls. Against a good team like UNH, we are not going to win if we play sloppy football like that.

The Granite Bowl trophy is yours for the year. Hopefully we get it back next time!!

And I paid the $30 to FloSports to watch the game. They made efforts to show the doggie after every kickoff. I haven't been to UNH since we tied you guys 21-21 my sophomore year (1990). :)

WR Scott had a fantastic game, and the RB Q Jones is a solid FCS rusher. From that one game it seems to me that Dartmouth would be better off with Cadwallader as the primary QB with Howard coming in frequently to bring a dual threat to the QB game. As poor as he threw the ball, you could count the number of FCS QBs who are better than him at running the ball on one hand.