PDA

View Full Version : GAME THREAD: Eastern at Appalachian State

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ERASU2113
December 1st, 2007, 04:22 PM
Wow great game!

That was by far one of our best games we've played all season. They actually looked, for a majority of the game, as a team worthy of a championship.

ncman071
December 1st, 2007, 04:39 PM
my only real gripe about this game was putting Trey in when the game still mattered considering we were up ten and the game still in reach. it sends a message to the rest of the team that the game is already over. thats when App gave up some big plays and let EWU right back in it. oh well, doesnt matter..one game away from chattenooga

Griz40
December 1st, 2007, 04:52 PM
my only real gripe about this game was putting Trey in when the game still mattered considering we were up ten and the game still in reach. it sends a message to the rest of the team that the game is already over. thats when App gave up some big plays and let EWU right back in it. oh well, doesnt matter..one game away from chattenooga
It is not a gripe for me but I was surprised at him coming in the game at that time. I will say that I loved it coming down to the wire but I honestly thought before Trey came in, it was shut down. As a fan of the Big Sky and a fan of good football, I was hoping this game came down to an exciting finish and it didn't disappoint. Just wasn't sure why the let-up on offense in the fourth happened from App.

bamamountaineer1013
December 1st, 2007, 05:24 PM
Indeed, things were clicking and damn if we didn't take our foot off of the gas.

It's the dreaded Jerry Moore cruise control...xlolx xlolx xlolx

jonmac
December 1st, 2007, 05:36 PM
It's the dreaded Jerry Moore cruise control...xlolx xlolx xlolx

Yeah, I think that's the last bit of Rob Best that Scott Satterfield has yet to exorcise from Coach Moore. I get the feeling that Scott would love to pour it on from the start. Not run it up mind you just be agressive from the get go and not let up. I think that is why Scott is not considered the Coordinator, Coach Moore just doesn't want to give it over to him yet. The reason I say Coach Moore gets it from Best is because I was able to overhear some of their headset talk in the early '90's and Coach Moore wanted to do some different things and Best somehow talked him out of it. Best definitely didn't like to take chances. I also remember Scott being a little frustrated with Best's conversativeness when he was our QB.

GreatAppSt
December 1st, 2007, 06:40 PM
It is not a gripe for me but I was surprised at him coming in the game at that time. I will say that I loved it coming down to the wire but I honestly thought before Trey came in, it was shut down. As a fan of the Big Sky and a fan of good football, I was hoping this game came down to an exciting finish and it didn't disappoint. Just wasn't sure why the let-up on offense in the fourth happened from App.

Jerry Moores prevent offense.xnodx

ERASU2113
December 1st, 2007, 06:58 PM
This is completely random but before EWU scored their last touchdown, Nichols threw a fade towards the back right corner of the end zone.

It sailed out of bounds and a couple of people jumped out of the way to dodge Boyce and I think Woazeah. Don't know if anyone saw it, but if you did you saw me cause I was the one that had to jump the most cause they were in a direct line for me.

Heck, I think Nichols was throwing the ball to me hahaha :)

trouthunter
December 1st, 2007, 07:02 PM
I did not get to watch the game, nice to see that Appy state totally MANHANDLED one of our fluffy big sky teams.

Sounded like it was a great game!

thmst30
December 1st, 2007, 07:14 PM
I did not get to watch the game, nice to see that Appy state totally MANHANDLED one of our fluffy big sky teams.

They played well, but were completely outplayed in every aspect but Special Teams for 99% of the game. I'm not underestimating the BSC, but the game wasn't as close as the score represented because App got lazy in the final minutes.

trouthunter
December 1st, 2007, 07:18 PM
They played well, but were completely outplayed in every aspect but Special Teams for 99% of the game. I'm not underestimating the BSC, but the game wasn't as close as the score represented because App got lazy in the final minutes.

If Wofford wins, who will host the game next week?

JohnStOnge
December 1st, 2007, 07:28 PM

They actually did dominate them to as far as offense vs. defense goes. The thing that kept EWU in the game was special teams. They got 14 point directly off special teams on a 51 yard fake punt play and a 78 yard KO return. And if I remember correctly they got a very short TD drive after a long kickoff return into App territory.

Special teams are part of the game, but App was a lot better in terms of being able to move the ball and stop the other team from moving the ball. I actually was hoping EWU would look good so as to make that debacle by McNeese last week look a little better. But they really didn't...except for those three big plays on special teams.

mtoliver
December 1st, 2007, 07:29 PM
at app

ASUG8
December 1st, 2007, 07:29 PM

Yep, no disrespect to the EW fans, but check the game stats to get an idea of what happened today. App switched from a run dominated offense to a balanced attack which the EW films didn't project. EW is a great team, but I think the two kickoff returns and lack of ASU special teams' response are what make the final score look closer than the game really was. I was behind the EW defensive bench and the D-coordinator was in their faces loud enough to be heard by all on the West Stands.

Congrats on a great season Eagles - I shook one of your players' hands at the end of the game and thanked his mom and her group for coming. Classy bunch of fans and players.

Syntax Error
December 2nd, 2007, 04:42 AM
Yes, great season Eagles and you'll be heard even louder next year. Nice win App but geez, those Eags have some kind of special teams hex on you! xnodx

psc2445
December 2nd, 2007, 07:03 AM
24-21 in the 3rd is well in hand? 38-35 with an onside kick possibly deciding it is well in hand?

Whatever. xrolleyesx

Having watched the game in person. I will say that i never got that uncomfortable feeling like we were going to lose. It could have been ugly, had EWU not made some great plays on special teams. Yes i realize special teams is 1/3 of the game, however it usually isnt the biggest factor. This was the best game we played all year barring porous play on kicks. I kept telling those around us that we couldnt put them away, for that i give EWU credit, but we couldnt have dominated much more in the first two phases of the game. I am really starting to like our chances.

NO disrespect intended, but I really think this game was a borderline domination by ASU

mountaineertider
December 2nd, 2007, 09:19 AM
Anyone know why Blake Elder got so many snaps today? I was genuinely suprised.