PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 2, Fall 2023

Preferred Walk-On
September 9th, 2023, 10:09 PM
With 4 games currently in the second half and one starting very late, I am posting this week's How They Fared. I have indicated approximately where each game is that has not finished on the sheet, and I will update them early tomorrow morning. However, everything else should be up-to-date.

To access this week's HTF, CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WsBlaCii5dDL_AELbaOyK4XWep5CT_aW92gp9XGwekM/edit?usp=sharing). Enjoy!

Catbooster
September 9th, 2023, 11:42 PM
Thanks once again, PWO.

I'm reviewing scores and stats...UCA beat the Texas College Steers. And I can't help but wonder why any school would choose castrated cattle as their mascot.

The Cats
September 10th, 2023, 05:27 AM
Hoping to see some love for the Catamounts in the voting, after they knocked off #8 Samford, 30-7.

kdinva
September 10th, 2023, 06:39 AM
thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Hoping to see some love for the Catamounts in the voting, after they knocked off #8 Samford, 30-7.

that was a Dusty Rhodes type a$$ whuppin.....

MR. CHICKEN
September 10th, 2023, 07:34 AM
HAWAII 31
ALBANY 20

MONTANA 43
UTAH TECH 13

SAC STATE 34
TAMC 6

OREGON STATE 55
UC DAVIS 7

SFA 93
September 10th, 2023, 10:05 AM
Thanks once again, PWO.

I'm reviewing scores and stats...UCA beat the Texas State Steers. And I can't help but wonder why any school would choose castrated cattle as their mascot.

Yep, less aggressive and raised for meat. lol

grizband
September 10th, 2023, 12:28 PM
Thanks once again, PWO.

I'm reviewing scores and stats...UCA beat the Texas State Steers. And I can't help but wonder why any school would choose castrated cattle as their mascot.
The Texas State Bobcats are an FBS team, formerlyof the FCS Southland Conference. UCA played the Texas College Steers, who have now lost two games by a combined score of 166-2.

Catbooster
September 10th, 2023, 01:09 PM
The Texas State Bobcats are an FBS team, formerlyof the FCS Southland Conference. UCA played the Texas College Steers, who have now lost two games by a combined score of 166-2.
Good catch, thanks.

FUBeAR
September 10th, 2023, 02:08 PM
Heck yeah - FUBeAR thinks most intelligent & objective voters will have a tough time deciding if WCU belongs within the Top 10 or just outside of it.

Who knows, though, what unintelligent, biased ‘homer’ voters will do?

Assuming things go as expected, the Catamounts will have a chance to show whether or not they belong in the Top 5 on 10/21

Preferred Walk-On
September 10th, 2023, 02:10 PM
Heck yeah - FUBeAR thinks most intelligent & objective voters will have tough time deciding if WCU belongs within the Top 10 or just outside of it.

I guess the real question is "Did Samford deserve to be Top 10?"...but I'm sure there is ample data at this point to justify that. ;)

FUBeAR
September 10th, 2023, 02:13 PM
I guess the real question is "Did Samford deserve to be Top 10?"...but I'm sure there is ample data at this point to justify that. ;)
No - that is NOT the “real question.” That IS just one of many questions voters might ask themselves this week.

crusader11
September 10th, 2023, 02:14 PM
Heck yeah - FUBeAR thinks most intelligent & objective voters will have tough time deciding if WCU belongs within the Top 10 or just outside of it.

Samford drops out of my 25 and WCU moves to #18.

The right way to do these early season polls is to entirely re-rank each week depending on the results of what happened ON THE FIELD. We aren't ranking performance in 2022. Yes, we need to use that as a bit of a barometer to do the preseason ranking, but it does a huge disservice to teams when voters decide to "slot vote" based on their initial preseason rankings.

There is zero point zero reason for Samford to be above WCU in a poll, yet I am sure many will have this because Samford was in the top ten and WCU not ranked.

Preferred Walk-On
September 10th, 2023, 03:37 PM
No - that is NOT the “real question.” That IS just one of many questions voters might ask themselves this week.

Fair point. But it is A "real question". I guess one that just the voters need to ask themselves.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2023, 10:28 AM
There is about a 1/2 hr. left for anyone that needs to toss in their ballot and is waiting until the last minute.