PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'Em - Week 2

DFW HOYA
September 3rd, 2023, 12:18 PM
A tough run for the PL this upcoming week. Holy Cross could spring the upset, but few others on this week's schedules.

Holy Cross (1-0) at Boston College (0-1), 12:00 pm
Sacred Heart (0-1) at Georgetown (1-0), 12:30
Lehigh (0-1) at Merrimack (0-1), 4:00
Lafayette (1-0) at Duke (0-1), 6:00
Fordham (1-1) at Buffalo (0-0), 6:00
VMI (0-0) at Bucknell (0-1), 6:00
Colgate (0-1) at Villanova (0-0), 6:00

Pards Rule
September 3rd, 2023, 12:26 PM
Yikes - Duke.

The Cats
September 3rd, 2023, 12:30 PM

bonarae
September 3rd, 2023, 05:02 PM
BC
Sacred Heart
Merrimack
Duke
Buffalo
VMI
'Nova

Go...gate
September 3rd, 2023, 07:40 PM
Please give me a couple of days.

Pards Rule
September 4th, 2023, 08:07 AM
Please give me a couple of days.

Well granted. If we can keep Duke to a 3 score game I will be elated. After Duke we play the Columbia Lions who we havent faced in a while. The Lions will be in Easton.

Wolffan
September 4th, 2023, 01:39 PM
Boston College
Sacred Heart
Merrimack
Duke
Buffalo
VMI
Villanova

Yep, 0-7 for the PL. Georgetown may be the closest.

ngineer
September 4th, 2023, 01:53 PM
Would love to see the Saders pull the upset, but I'll go with the head.. BC 31-21

I thought Hoyas were playing Stonehill, but see it is SHU, who gave Laughyette a close one. All things being equal, I will lean toward SHU, but wouldn't be shocked if Hoyas pull this out. SHU 21-17.

A real measuring stick game for Lehigh, both physically and emotionally. How do they respond to a beat down? If this were at Goodman, I'd go with the Mountain Hawks; but on the road in a stadium totally unfamiliar, I go with home field advantage...Merrimack 24-21

Credit to 'pards for scheduling this. I've been trying to get our administration to 'play up' more frequently against good academic schools. I think Duke's speed will be a big difference maker, 35-17

Fordham at Buffalo is interesting. PL schools have frequently shuffled off to the down-low and come out with the up-set! Rams, 38-35.

Bucky gave a good accounting last week, and I expect them to build off that showing. Bison, 19-17

Colgate has two tough opening games, and while 'nova isn't Syracuse, the 'nova I saw on Saturday, would probably give the Orange a good game. Big, a lot of 5th year players, quickness.If Colgate stays within three scores, I will be surprised. Villanova, 42-17

NY Crusader 2010
September 4th, 2023, 08:26 PM
Boston College 38 Holy Cross 27
Sacred Heart 26 Georgetown 14
Merrimack 33 Lehigh 27
Duke 37 Lafayette 10
Buffalo 48 Fordham 23
Bucknell 24 VMI 23 (OT)
Villanova 42 Colgate 10

NY Crusader 2010
September 4th, 2023, 08:28 PM
Would love to see the Saders pull the upset, but I'll go with the head.. BC 31-21

I thought Hoyas were playing Stonehill, but see it is SHU, who gave Laughyette a close one. All things being equal, I will lean toward SHU, but wouldn't be shocked if Hoyas pull this out. SHU 21-17.

A real measuring stick game for Lehigh, both physically and emotionally. How do they respond to a beat down? If this were at Goodman, I'd go with the Mountain Hawks; but on the road in a stadium totally unfamiliar, I go with home field advantage...Merrimack 24-21

Credit to 'pards for scheduling this. I've been trying to get our administration to 'play up' more frequently against good academic schools. I think Duke's speed will be a big difference maker, 35-17

Fordham at Buffalo is interesting. PL schools have frequently shuffled off to the down-low and come out with the up-set! Rams, 38-35.

Bucky gave a good accounting last week, and I expect them to build off that showing. Bison, 19-17

Colgate has two tough opening games, and while 'nova isn't Syracuse, the 'nova I saw on Saturday, would probably give the Orange a good game. Big, a lot of 5th year players, quickness.If Colgate stays within three scores, I will be surprised. Villanova, 42-17

PL definitely has a winning record all-time against Buffalo. For sure, only FBS program the league can say that about. Not counting games by PL members before league was founded, in which case we'd be 3-0 all time against Georgia.

Wolffan
September 4th, 2023, 08:50 PM
Buffalo was actually pretty good last year and should be about the same this year (mid pack MAC).

Fordham '23 is a very long way from Holy Cross '22 so I figure Buffalo will win by three touchdowns or more.

Franks Tanks
September 4th, 2023, 09:08 PM
Well, Duke is up 13-7 on Clemson right now. Hopefully, the Dukies will wear themselves down a bit this evening.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 4th, 2023, 09:51 PM
Duke is up 20-7 with about 10 minutes left in 4Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 4th, 2023, 10:27 PM
Duke takes down #9 Clemson 28-7!!

Blue Devils will be in the Top 25, maybe even fringe Top 15 tomorrow. They are legit! They were good last year!

gravalico
September 5th, 2023, 05:44 AM
Taking Holy Cross vs. BC just to keep things interesting. Don't actually believe it.

SHU over Georgetown

Merrimack over Lehigh

Duke will hand the Leopards their own ass but the Leopards will have a bright spot or two (no pun intended) in the loss.

Fordham over Bucknell

VMI over Bucknell

Villanova destroys Colgate - no bright spots.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
September 5th, 2023, 05:52 AM
Taking Holy Cross vs. BC just to keep things interesting. Don't actually believe it.

SHU over Georgetown

Merrimack over Lehigh

Duke will hand the Leopards their own ass but the Leopards will have a bright spot or two (no pun intended) in the loss.

Fordham over Bucknell

VMI over Bucknell

doubleheader

Southsider
September 5th, 2023, 08:56 AM

SHU over Georgetown

Merrimack over Lehigh

Fordham over Bucknell

VMI over Bucknell

TAKE BUCKY! I watched the end of VMI game against Davidson. Not much to see there!

gravalico
September 5th, 2023, 10:30 AM
doubleheaderFordham over Buffalo is what I meant to say.

ngineer
September 5th, 2023, 11:52 AM
Duke takes down #9 Clemson 28-7!!

Blue Devils will be in the Top 25, maybe even fringe Top 15 tomorrow. They are legit! They were good last year!

Holy Sheet! I knew Duke was 'improved', but didn't see that coming. I guess "a little Dab will do ya"!!xsmiley_wix
This can have varying impacts on this week's games. Will the Dookies be so in love with themselves that they don't take the 'pards seriously? Also interesting as to how Clem reacts to being taken to the woodshed by El Duke'

CrusaderBob
September 5th, 2023, 03:08 PM
Actually the PL is 3-0-1 against Georgia all-time. Fordham tied them 7-7 in 1936 in their 1 and only meeting.

KPSUL
September 5th, 2023, 04:11 PM
Holy Cross (1-0) at Boston College
Sacred Heart (0-1) at Georgetown
Lehigh (0-1) at Merrimack
Lafayette (1-0) at Duke
Fordham (1-1) at Buffalo
VMI (0-0) at Bucknell
Colgate (0-1) at Villanova

Looks like an 0-fer for the Patriot this weekend

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 5th, 2023, 06:44 PM
When was the last time a PL team played an AP Top 25 1-A/FBS squad? A ranked Navy team in the last 10-15 years? Have to go back even further? When Colgate or Holy Cross were 1-A/FBS themselves? Nothing stands out....

NY Crusader 2010
September 5th, 2023, 06:55 PM
When was the last time a PL team played an AP Top 25 1-A/FBS squad? A ranked Navy team in the last 10-15 years? Have to go back even further? When Colgate or Holy Cross were 1-A/FBS themselves? Nothing stands out....

Wow great trivia...I know this game was mentioned recently on AGS but unfortunately it just misses being the answer to your question:

In November 2018, Army beat Colgate 28-14, in what was a back-and-forth battle most of the afternoon. The Cadets were NOT ranked heading into that matchup, however the win over Colgate launched them into the AP poll at #23 that following Monday. Army would go on to finish the season at #20 in the Coaches' Poll and #19 AP.

The 2018 BC team that demolished Holy Cross nibbled at the Top 25 a couple of times but neither started nor finished the season ranked. Nor were they ranked for our Week 2 game.

In 2019, Holy Cross lost the season opener to Navy 41-7. The Midshipmen actually came in with lukewarm expectations but rode the strength of perhaps the best defense Navy's had in decades to finish the season with a win over Kansas State in the Liberty Bowl and a final ranking of 20. The mastermind of that defense, Brian Newberry, is now the Navy head coach. That same season we also lost to Syracuse 41-3. That year, the Orange started the season at #22 but dropped out for good after getting thumped by Maryland Week 2. Thus, they were unranked by the time we played them.

In 2015, Colgate lost the opener at Navy 48-10 and the Mids that year would conclude the season at #18 with 11-2 record. However, they didn't break into the rankings until Week 10.
Could the answer to this really go all the way back to Flutie's squad in the "last" Holy Cross-BC game in 1986?

caribbeanhen
September 5th, 2023, 06:55 PM
I’m feeling good vibes for Bucknell and Gtown

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 5th, 2023, 07:34 PM
Wow great trivia...I know this game was mentioned recently on AGS but unfortunately it just misses being the answer to your question:

In November 2018, Army beat Colgate 28-14, in what was a back-and-forth battle most of the afternoon. The Cadets were NOT ranked heading into that matchup, however the win over Colgate launched them into the AP poll at #23 that following Monday. Army would go on to finish the season at #20 in the Coaches' Poll and #19 AP.

In 2019, Holy Cross lost the season opener to Navy 41-7. The Midshipmen actually came in with lukewarm expectations but rode the strength of perhaps the best defense Navy's had in decades to finish the season with a win over Kansas State in the Liberty Bowl and a final ranking of 20. The mastermind of that defense, Brian Newberry, is now the Navy head coach. That same season we also lost to Syracuse 41-3. That year, the Orange started the season at #22 but dropped out for good after getting thumped by Maryland Week 2. Thus, they were unranked by the time we played them.

In 2015, Colgate lost the opener at Navy 48-10 and the Mids that year would conclude the season at #18 with 11-2 record. However, they didn't break into the rankings until Week 10.
Could the answer to this really go all the way back to Flutie's squad in the "last" Holy Cross-BC game in 1986?

I got the answer....I think....I have no recollection of this game. Likely because of what happened the next year at the Linc...

10/13/2012 #21/#20 Cincinnati 49 Fordham 17

The Bearcats finished the season 10-3, ranked #23 in the final Coaches Poll but unranked in the Final AP Poll...

The Boogie Down
September 5th, 2023, 08:55 PM
I got the answer....I think....I have no recollection of this game. Likely because of what happened the next year at the Linc...

10/13/2012 #21/#20 Cincinnati 49 Fordham 17

The Bearcats finished the season 10-3, ranked #23 in the final Coaches Poll but unranked in the Final AP Poll...

One of the few times I was "okay" with a loss. Saturday night game on ESPN3. I think streaming was free back then but maybe someone w/a better memory can verify that for me.

Anyways, Cincy had already beaten Pitt and Va Tech but Fordham came out strong. Rams were only down 7-3 and driving deep midway through the 2nd when a sack and 90 yard fumble return put the Bearcats up 14-3. Rams came right back and kicked a FG to get within 14-6 at the half. At that point Fordham had more yards, first downs and ToP but that one play was the difference. Second half was all 'Cats but even so I knew Moorhead could coach and could see his team was close to making some noise. Which is what happened the next year at the Linc-lol

Pards Rule
September 6th, 2023, 08:06 AM
I was just thinking the same lines this morning as I scanned the USA Top 25. I was thinking, in my knowledge of Leopard ball since my frosh year in 1980, I dont believe LC has ever played a D1 top 25 team. This would be an interesting LC sports dept trivia question. I will ask LC football FB page that very question.

Pards Rule
September 6th, 2023, 08:07 AM
Whats the line on Duke game? They are #24 in D1 rankings this week.

ngineer
September 6th, 2023, 11:00 AM
I’m feeling good vibes for Bucknell and Gtown

Both games are winnable if Bison and Hoyas play error free ball. I see both being one score victories for whoever win.

Sader87
September 6th, 2023, 12:11 PM
BC was somewhere in the Top 10 I believe when they made their penultimate trip to Fitton in 1984. HC was in its 3rd year at 1-AA. Flutie was transported to NYC quickly after game's end to accept the Heisman that night.

HC actually hung tough for a half, only down 17-10 at half, ultimately losing 45-10.

this was the week after the "Miracle in Miami" Flutie to Phelan game. BC went on to defeat Houston in the Cotton Bowl that year.

MR. CHICKEN
September 6th, 2023, 12:38 PM
BC was somewhere in the Top 10 I believe when they made their penultimate trip to Fitton in 1984. HC was in its 3rd year at 1-AA. Flutie was transported to NYC quickly after game's end to accept the Heisman that night.

HC actually hung tough for a half, only down 17-10 at half, ultimately losing 45-10.

this was the week after the "Miracle in Miami" Flutie to Phelan game. BC went on to defeat Houston in the Cotton Bowl that year.

........PHELAN'S BRO...KEVIN....WR....PLAYED @ YOU-DEE 1980-82......AWK!

Pards Rule
September 6th, 2023, 12:44 PM

Great flashback 87!

gravalico
September 6th, 2023, 12:53 PM
........PHELAN'S BRO...KEVIN....WR....PLAYED @ YOU-DEE 1980-82......AWK!Phelan played at my high school (Archbishop Carroll). He gave me a shout out while broadcasting highlights in the 93 Lafayette vs. Lehigh game on ESPN. Said something to the effect of, "Can't pass up calling out a fellow Carroll Patriot as he gets the lead block for Erik Marsh". Pretty much fell out of my seat.

RichH2
September 6th, 2023, 03:56 PM
Whats the line on Duke game? They are #24 in D1 rankings this week.

New line today Duke. -37.5

Go...gate
September 6th, 2023, 10:34 PM
Boston College 33, Holy Cross 27

Georgetown 30, Sacred Heart 28

Lehigh 28, Merrimack 24

Duke 48, Lafayette 14

Buffalo 35, Fordham 20

VMI 23, Bucknell 10

Villanova 34, Colgate 14

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 7th, 2023, 08:47 AM
Sacred Heart 28 Georgetown 17
Villanova 45 Colgate 6
Bucknell 24 VMI 21
Boston College 34 Holy Cross 30
Buffalo 45 Fordham 24
Duke 40 Lafayette 13
Merrimack 27 Lehigh 20

RichH2
September 7th, 2023, 11:40 AM
Massey

Nova. 38-14
SHU. 27-24
BC. 36-17
Merr. 27-23
Buff. 42-21
Duke. 45-3
VMI. 27-20

CHIP72
September 7th, 2023, 03:12 PM
Just curious if any Lafayette fans are making the trip to Durham for the Leopards' game at Duke?

I won't be there (heading to central/north Jersey for Temple/Rutgers), but I can provide some insights about attending a game at Wallace Wade Stadium (was there last season for TU's season opener against the Dukies, a game where the less said the better). The highlight of the trip was being able to actually enter Cameron Indoor Stadium (located near the north end of the stadium) and check it out for a little bit before the football game.

As some of you may already know, I'll note Duke's campus is largely separated from much of the rest of Durham, mostly existing in its own world. This is in sharp contrast to nearby Chapel Hill (which I also visited during the aforementioned trip), probably one of the best college towns in the U.S. aesthetically-speaking, where part of North Carolina's campus extends very close to downtown. (The Dean Smith Center has a remote location on UNC's campus though, likely due to the fact it didn't open until the mid-1980s, long after much of the campus was developed.)

Pards Rule
September 8th, 2023, 06:46 AM
New line today Duke. -37.5

Means folks were taking Pards and 42

Pards Rule
September 8th, 2023, 06:49 AM
Just curious if any Lafayette fans are making the trip to Durham for the Leopards' game at Duke?

I won't be there (heading to central/north Jersey for Temple/Rutgers), but I can provide some insights about attending a game at Wallace Wade Stadium (was there last season for TU's season opener against the Dukies, a game where the less said the better). The highlight of the trip was being able to actually enter Cameron Indoor Stadium (located near the north end of the stadium) and check it out for a little bit before the football game.

As some of you may already know, I'll note Duke's campus is largely separated from much of the rest of Durham, mostly existing in its own world. This is in sharp contrast to nearby Chapel Hill (which I also visited during the aforementioned trip), probably one of the best college towns in the U.S. aesthetically-speaking, where part of North Carolina's campus extends very close to downtown. (The Dean Smith Center has a remote location on UNC's campus though, likely due to the fact it didn't open until the mid-1980s, long after much of the campus was developed.)

Yes Im going! Please advise. Drove by UNC campus many years ago while doing real estate for Maaco. Chapel Hill apparently outlawed body shops so I focused on nearby Carrboro. Couldnt find anything reasonable for franchisee

CHIP72
September 8th, 2023, 07:07 AM
First bit of advice is I-95 in northern Virginia between the DC Beltway and Fredericksburg may be a real pain, especially today (Friday) and Sunday afternoon. Try to avoid it if you can. (Driving on the Delmarva Peninsula on US 301 between northern Delaware and between Fredericksburg and Richmond may be a better option.)

There are some hotels within a long walking distance of Wallace Wade Stadium. It may be helpful to stay in one of them.

Wallace Wade Stadium's reserved seats (stadium-style seats) lack legroom, so keep that in mind as a consideration.

The stadium is oriented almost exactly north-south, so the setting sun could be an issue in some of the east (visitor's sideline) seats.

In most of the stadium, you walk down to the seats (i.e. the stadium is built in a bowl). Sitting near the top of the section, especially on the east/visitor's sideline, means less walking (though it could also mean more sun in your eyes early in the game).

If Cameron Indoor Stadium is open, check it out. You'll walk by it from the main parking lots north of the stadium. The main stadium entrance is also on the north side.

TribeNomad1
September 8th, 2023, 07:44 AM
First bit of advice is I-95 in northern Virginia between the DC Beltway and Fredericksburg may be a real pain, especially today (Friday) and Sunday afternoon. Try to avoid it if you can. (Driving on the Delmarva Peninsula on US 301 between northern Delaware and between Fredericksburg and Richmond may be a better option.)

There are some hotels within a long walking distance of Wallace Wade Stadium. It may be helpful to stay in one of them.

Wallace Wade Stadium's reserved seats (stadium-style seats) lack legroom, so keep that in mind as a consideration.

The stadium is oriented almost exactly north-south, so the setting sun could be an issue in some of the east (visitor's sideline) seats.

In most of the stadium, you walk down to the seats (i.e. the stadium is built in a bowl). Sitting near the top of the section, especially on the east/visitor's sideline, means less walking (though it could also mean more sun in your eyes early in the game).

If Cameron Indoor Stadium is open, check it out. You'll walk by it from the main parking lots north of the stadium. The main stadium entrance is also on the north side.

ALWAYS avoid I-95 north of Richmond. This weekend be aware of I-64 West, as Uva (Charlottesvile) and VT (Blacksburg) both have home games at noon.

CHIP72
September 8th, 2023, 08:39 AM
I should note Wallace Wade Stadium has a good setting for a football game. It actually reminded me a little bit of Fisher Stadium ironically enough, though it is obviously much bigger than what Lafayette has. Wallace Wade, which has a horseshoe design, also has some similarities to Scott Stadium (Virginia), Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium (East Carolina), and Byrd/Maryland Stadium (Maryland).

crusader11
September 8th, 2023, 08:47 AM
7-0 last week and 7-1 on the season. This figures to be a tough week for the PL. Could very easily be an 0-fer. Here goes --

Holy Cross (1-0) at Boston College (0-1) -- Like I'm going to take BC? Bit of heart over head, but after watching BC's performance against NIU, I legitimately like our chances and think we are better in some areas, most importantly, QB. We are only into week 2 of the season, and Jeff Hafley as already concocted a QB issue for his team. It seems like Castellanos is going to be getting most of the snaps on Saturday, yet he's more of a runner than passer. I trust Jake Dobbs to neutralize him. HC 30-24.

Sacred Heart (0-1) at Georgetown (1-0) -- Hoyas in a minor upset. Hard to glean much from their game against Marist, but it does seem like SHU has taken a step back from where they were in recent years. Hoyas seem like they have a few nice skilled players. Georgetown 27-20.

Lehigh (0-1) at Merrimack (0-1) -- I think Merrimack is legitimately good. I saw enough out of them against HC that makes me think they're somewhere in the vicinity of a top 40-50 team. They are tough up front and have a competent QB. Lehigh still isn't there. Merrimack 27-17.

Lafayette (1-0) at Duke (0-1) -- Take the check and get back to Easton safely. Duke 48-14.

Fordham (1-1) at Buffalo (0-0) -- Nice opportunity for Fordham in a realistic FBS game where they SHOULD be competitive. Not expecting them to legitimately contend for a win, but I'll be disappointed if the supposed second best PL team can't keep it within a few scores against a middling MAC team. Buffalo 40-20.

VMI (0-0) at Bucknell (0-1) -- Bucknell actually looked like they were organized and had a clue against JMU. Something I didn't really see at all last season. Offense still isn't there, but their defense hung in there for a while. I think that could be enough against a VMI team who barely squeaked by Davidson at home. Bucknell 20-16.

Colgate (0-1) at Villanova (0-0) -- I'm going to keep saying Colgate is a rudderless program until they're not. I think Lehigh and Colgate are right around the same talent level, and Nova totally overwhelmed Lehigh. Have no reason to believe they won't roll through Colgate. Villanova 38-14.

Pards Rule
September 8th, 2023, 09:28 AM
7-0 last week and 7-1 on the season. This figures to be a tough week for the PL. Could very easily be an 0-fer. Here goes --

Holy Cross (1-0) at Boston College (0-1) -- Like I'm going to take BC? Bit of heart over head, but after watching BC's performance against NIU, I legitimately like our chances and think we are better in some areas, most importantly, QB. We are only into week 2 of the season, and Jeff Hafley as already concocted a QB issue for his team. It seems like Castellanos is going to be getting most of the snaps on Saturday, yet he's more of a runner than passer. I trust Jake Dobbs to neutralize him. HC 30-24.

Sacred Heart (0-1) at Georgetown (1-0) -- Hoyas in a minor upset. Hard to glean much from their game against Marist, but it does seem like SHU has taken a step back from where they were in recent years. Hoyas seem like they have a few nice skilled players. Georgetown 27-20.

Lehigh (0-1) at Merrimack (0-1) -- I think Merrimack is legitimately good. I saw enough out of them against HC that makes me think they're somewhere in the vicinity of a top 40-50 team. They are tough up front and have a competent QB. Lehigh still isn't there. Merrimack 27-17.

Lafayette (1-0) at Duke (0-1) -- Take the check and get back to Easton safely. Duke 48-14.

Fordham (1-1) at Buffalo (0-0) -- Nice opportunity for Fordham in a realistic FBS game where they SHOULD be competitive. Not expecting them to legitimately contend for a win, but I'll be disappointed if the supposed second best PL team can't keep it within a few scores against a middling MAC team. Buffalo 40-20.

VMI (0-0) at Bucknell (0-1) -- Bucknell actually looked like they were organized and had a clue against JMU. Something I didn't really see at all last season. Offense still isn't there, but their defense hung in there for a while. I think that could be enough against a VMI team who barely squeaked by Davidson at home. Bucknell 20-16.

Colgate (0-1) at Villanova (0-0) -- I'm going to keep saying Colgate is a rudderless program until they're not. I think Lehigh and Colgate are right around the same talent level, and Nova totally overwhelmed Lehigh. Have no reason to believe they won't roll through Colgate. Villanova 38-14.

Lafayette needs to show up. The check is guaranteed so do it for yourselves guys! This one you will remember for the rest of your lives! Get Malik Hamm (on IR now) to give a pep talk there or on Zoom! Departing now from Long Beach Island NJ. George, have Trox give me the podium for 5 minutes lol! Hey, great advice from late Flyers Coach Fred Shero before first Stanley Cup: Win today and walk together forever...In this case, keep it close and walk together forever!

gravalico
September 8th, 2023, 09:40 AM
Lafayette does need to show up. And as good as our fast little running backs did last weekend, Duke will shut that down real quick. We need another reliable dimension to our offensive attack. I would love to see quick release screens and passes out to the flats. Partly because I don't think our QB will have the full four seconds to set up in the pocket and go through all of his reads. This is just such a huge mountain to climb.

RichH2
September 8th, 2023, 05:43 PM
Buffalo over Fordham. Probably not close

Duke over Pards. A butt whupping

Bucknell over VMI Bison have a D but scant evidence of any O

Nova over Gate. Not close.

Hoyas over SHU. Wishful thinking but they have a shot

Lehigh over Merrimack A solute Homer pick. No rationale basis whatsoever. Merrimack a good team but I think our O will show up this week.🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Boston College edges Holy Cross. BC showed very little vs NIU

LUHawker
September 8th, 2023, 08:14 PM
I’m going to get in on this action after a looong hiatus.

BC over HC
FORDHAM over Buffalo
Duke over LC
G’Town over SHU
BUCKY over VMI
MERRIMACK over Lehigh - Lehigh has shown ZERO offensive capability for a long time, so all the optimism for Lehigh to put up points is soundly unfounded. Until that changes, got to go with MU.

Leopard Loyalist
September 8th, 2023, 10:05 PM
Perfect so far, but that surely won't last. I'm going against the league in every game this week, even though I suspect one or two will come out with a victory.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 10:06 AM
I'm about to head over to the Bill for Troy vs K-State. Going to be keeping a close eye on the proceedings in Chestnut Hill!

Pards Rule
September 9th, 2023, 10:58 AM

Thanks always do 301 run from Delaware 1 to the Ashland VA merge with 95. Love little historic town of Port Royal VA (where Booth was killed) on the Rappanhannock River. Great restaurant on the river at the bridge called Randolphs on the River. Great water views. Outdoor seating too BUT yesterday at 95 degrees in Port Royal I passed and ate inside there. Great seafood but Im a landlubber but things for me too. Great to hang out at team hotel bar and meet Tavani! He is now employed back at Lafayette in fundraising. Got a picture of him. And then he took a picture of my back as I was wearing a Ross Schuerman jersey #29 I bought in 2013! Wore it to #150. Im here with the stuffed leopard whose going to the game of course! Mild tstorms and rain this AM but it breaks the heat and humidity. Good for the team! Met new basketball coach Matt McGarvey too. They took charter out of ABE. Duke pay for it? I heard last night we are getting 400K to play.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 12:15 PM
Does anyone if there is streaming available for Merrimack home games?

BC is up 14-7 on HC

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 12:38 PM
Just announced Lehigh at Merrimack will be played at Harvard Stadium. Anyone know why?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 12:41 PM
Hoyas 14 SHU 3 7:09 2Q

It's half in Manhattan so i'm getting caught up...

RichH2
September 9th, 2023, 12:42 PM
Just announced Lehigh at Merrimack will be played at Harvard Stadium. Anyone know why?

NEC Front Row is site for streaming. LU not sure video can be arranged from Harvard. Stay tuned.

LU will have audio feed.

RichH2
September 9th, 2023, 02:15 PM
The livestream is on according to LU football.

RichH2
September 9th, 2023, 02:16 PM
Updated injury.
Padezanin out. Worthy out. Jablonski gametime decision.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 02:17 PM
Replacing THIS view with some PL/FCS action before Texas vs 'Bama and Temple vs Rutgers later!

https://scontent.fmci2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/376761031_7037428076289563_7705502389441921187_n.j pg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5614bc&_nc_ohc=uDB54-y4ZdoAX-ye2aJ&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci2-1.fna&oh=00_AfCd-daNhRISCiUq_yHrsgHpiMBQXP54lobMl9xJSGGzLw&oe=65027AC9

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 02:18 PM
The livestream is on according to LU football.

Sounds good!

RichH2
September 9th, 2023, 02:36 PM
4:00. Start time may be iffy for LU given current weather delay at BC.

RichH2
September 9th, 2023, 02:58 PM
Lehigh game delayed

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 03:00 PM
Lehigh game delayed

Naturally! Really nasty situation back East! Saw the game was moved to Harvard Stadium due too storm damage at Merrimack. Hopefully it's a safe night for all. Does Harvard Stadium have permanent lights?

RichH2
September 9th, 2023, 04:44 PM
6:15 game start for Lehigh.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 04:54 PM
TD Bison!
Bucknell 14 VMI 7 6:22 4Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 05:07 PM
Bucknell is having a great start of the year!

Bison 21 VMI 7 3:26 4Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 05:14 PM
Not so fast? VMI quickly responds...but their 2 pt conversion attempt fails

Bucknell 21 VMI 13 1:31 4Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 05:21 PM
Bucknell 21 VMI 13 Final

Bucknell and Georgetown appear much improved. Lehigh and Colgate you're on the clock....

Franks Tanks
September 9th, 2023, 05:25 PM
7-7 in Durham. Dinoble leads a very impressive TD drive for Lafayette. No question, he’s our guy at QB.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 06:13 PM
Merrimack 3 Lehigh 0 5:54 2Q

Franks Tanks
September 9th, 2023, 06:21 PM
21-7 Duke. Not bad, really, the play from DiNoble is the highlight of the 1st half. He’s made some quality throws.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 06:26 PM
TD Lehigh!!

Lehigh 7 Merrimack 3 0:56 2Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 06:27 PM
Buffalo 21 Fordham 20 Half

crusader11
September 9th, 2023, 06:55 PM
This has been a really good showing so far today for the league.

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 07:07 PM
Lehigh up 14-6 to start second half. Offense starting to click. LU scored two tds late in half and now receives to start 3 rd quarter. Silbor with some ferric throws

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 07:19 PM
Merrimack scores on long drive. Goes for two and Lehigh stops. 14-12 5 min left in third.

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 07:23 PM
Air Lehigh may be back!! Silbor hits Jamiel on a bomb followed by Garcia gash. Inside the the five

- - - Updated - - -

Air Lehigh may be back!! Silbor hits Jamiel on a bomb followed by Garcia gash. Inside the the five, but Silbor picked off!

Go...gate
September 9th, 2023, 07:29 PM
Villanova 7, Colgate 3, 5:10 remaining in the first quarter. A weather delay of over an hour has occurred.

Go...gate
September 9th, 2023, 07:32 PM
Villanova 14, Colgate 3, 1:09 left in the first quarter.

- - - Updated - - -

A LOT of heavy weather in the Northeast.

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 07:40 PM
Lehigh with a big stop on 4th and 5 at their 30. 8:40 left in game.

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 07:42 PM
Silbor sacked on third and long. Lehigh punts . Merrimack with ball at own 32

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 07:43 PM
Silbor sacked on third and long. Lehigh punts . Merrimack with ball at own 32

Just got back in! Need to find a way!!

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 07:46 PM
LU has lost a couple OL and DLs. Merrimack facing 4th and five. Own 40 punting

- - - Updated - - -

7:05 left

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 07:47 PM
LU has lost a couple OL and DLs. Merrimack facing 4th and five. Own 40 punting

- - - Updated - - -

7:05 left

Yikes! That is not good! Hopefully it's nothing serious!

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 07:49 PM
On third and long Merrimack hit for face mask. First down LU at own 35

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 07:51 PM
Buffalo 37 Fordham 33 8:03 4Q

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 07:53 PM
M has ball own 38 3:22 to play

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 07:55 PM
Edmonds on a 30 yard run! Ball on LU 29. Lehigh defender down

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 07:57 PM
Edmonds on a 30 yard run! Ball on LU 29. Lehigh defender down

Appreciate the updates! I opted not to stream given the weather variable. I'm left with the espn scoreboard otherwise...

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 07:58 PM
Lehigh with a huge sack! 4th and 25!

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 08:00 PM
Sacked again!!!!!!! Lehigh leading 14-12 with 1:36 remaining.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 08:01 PM
Sacked again!!!!!!! Lehigh leading 14-12 with 1:36 remaining.

Heck yeah!!

- - - Updated - - -

Fordham 40 Buffalo 37 2:32 4Q

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 08:03 PM
LU with ball , 3rd and 15 O:36

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 08:05 PM
LU punting from own 48. M sending thenhouse

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 08:06 PM
MC on own 18

- - - Updated - - -

2 & 10. 14 sec

ngineer
September 9th, 2023, 08:08 PM
Lehigh wins 14-12!! What a gutsy win! Talk about improving from week one to week two!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 08:08 PM
Lehigh wins 14-12!! What a gutsy win! Talk about improving from week one to week two!!

Awesome job by all involved! Bring on Cornell!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 08:10 PM
Buffalo misses a 54 yard FG with 37 seconds left!! Bulls have two timeouts left...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 08:12 PM
Fordham wins! Helluva day for the PL! Ohh what could have been in Chestnut Hill....

CHIP72
September 9th, 2023, 08:19 PM
Though I didn’t see it, nice win for Lehigh in their weather-delayed game with Merrimack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go...gate
September 9th, 2023, 08:23 PM
Congratulations to the Engineers!

- - - Updated - - -

Villavova 28, Colgate 10, halftime.

RichH2
September 9th, 2023, 08:30 PM

A W. Gritty and tough but team bounced back tonite and from last week. O sputtered,made mistakes...but came back from them all. D was outstanding making clutch plays all game.
A heck of a day for the PL Are we back ??

Go...gate
September 9th, 2023, 08:49 PM
Villanova 35, Colgate 10, 12:41 remaining in the third quarter.

Go...gate
September 9th, 2023, 09:24 PM
Villanova 35, Colgate 10, a little over seven minutes remaining in the third quarter.

We may be in another weather delay.

Go...gate
September 9th, 2023, 09:27 PM
Villanova 35, Colgate 19, 11:46 remaining in the game.

Go...gate
September 9th, 2023, 09:37 PM
Villanova 42, Colgate 19, 7:07 remaining in the game.

Go...gate
September 9th, 2023, 09:51 PM
Villanova 42, Colgate 19, final.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 09:55 PM
Villanova 42, Colgate 19, final.

Next week the Quakers start their year in Hamilton! Time to turn the tide....

Pards Rule
September 10th, 2023, 08:20 AM
Pards lost but were playing with them through most of 3 qtrs. THREE horrid ACC ref hose calls really sapped our momentum. That first down that wasnt inside Duke 20 would have been TD. We wouldnt have won of course but would have been a 21 point spread instead of 28. Pards beat the 42 spread however.

gravalico
September 10th, 2023, 08:28 AM
Pards lost but were playing with them through most of 3 qtrs. THREE horrid ACC ref hose calls really sapped our momentum. That first down that wasnt inside Duke 20 would have been TD. We wouldnt have won of course but would have been a 21 point spread instead of 28. Pards beat the 42 spread however.Agreed. We're not talking about calls that would have changed the outcome but man, the score would have been a better reflection of what took place on the field. The two 4th down plays as you refer to and then there was the one where Marco jumped to try to bat down the pass. He ends up on the business end of a suplex by the blocking back only to be called for "leaping". Leaping? Wtf is leaping? To say nothing of at least 3 obvious uncalled holds on the Blue Devils I saw from 500 miles away. And you just got the sense that it was ACC folks looking out for their own. Let's not make this at all embarrassing, Lafayette. Take your paycheck and get the hell out of here. I asked John last night if it was just me or were the refs utterly brutal. Let's just say he concurred.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 10th, 2023, 08:31 AM
Pards lost but were playing with them through most of 3 qtrs. THREE horrid ACC ref hose calls really sapped our momentum. That first down that wasnt inside Duke 20 would have been TD. We wouldnt have won of course but would have been a 21 point spread instead of 28. Pards beat the 42 spread however.

No shame in the 'Pards performance! As long as they got out of Durham in one piece with a check in hand that's all that matters. They drew the short straw a bit in terms of having to play THIS good of a Duke team. I'm not a big P5 FBS game guy but I'll grant a pass for Duke, Vandy, Northwestern, Stanford, Wake Forest, Boston College and even Syracuse, Purdue, Rutgers and Georgia Tech if you have proven to be "respectable" over some time.

crusader11
September 10th, 2023, 08:38 AM
Lafayette had it to 14-7 midway through the 2Q and were driving. Refs screwed them on a bad spot after they went for it on 4th and 1 in Duke’s territory. They weren’t going to win this game, but going into halftime at 14-7, 14-14 or 21-14 obviously makes a big difference.

Their showing in Durham was encouraging.

PL, across the board, had a great week.

NY Crusader 2010
September 10th, 2023, 09:29 AM
Though I didn’t see it, nice win for Lehigh in their weather-delayed game with Merrimack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange chain of events with Merrimack "hosting" Lehigh at Harvard Stadium due to a campus-wide power outage. A W is a W. Hopefully the start of something in Bethlehem.

NY Crusader 2010
September 10th, 2023, 09:31 AM
Could this be the start of a league-wide turn-around in the Patriot? Honestly, every team except Colgate is playing at or above expectations.

Southsider
September 10th, 2023, 09:50 AM
Could this be the start of a league-wide turn-around in the Patriot? Honestly, every team except Colgate is playing at or above expectations.

After watching Bucky against JMU I knew they were vastly improved. I also saw parts of VMI Davidson, so was pretty confident of a BU W! Let's keep it going everyone!

crusader11
September 10th, 2023, 09:54 AM
Through two weeks, the PL is 8-7. Very good considering the competition (FBS, CAA). Winning the games the league "should" be winning.

Let's see how we do against the Ivy next week (four games).

5-0 NEC
1-0 SoCon
1-0 PFL
1-4 FBS
0-3 CAA

RichH2
September 10th, 2023, 10:26 AM
Through two weeks, the PL is 8-7. Very good considering the competition (FBS, CAA). Winning the games the league "should" be winning.

Let's see how we do against the Ivy next week (four games).

5-0 NEC
1-0 SoCon
1-0 PFL
1-4 FBS
0-3 CAA

+1

Franks Tanks
September 10th, 2023, 10:26 AM
Agreed. We're not talking about calls that would have changed the outcome but man, the score would have been a better reflection of what took place on the field. The two 4th down plays as you refer to and then there was the one where Marco jumped to try to bat down the pass. He ends up on the business end of a suplex by the blocking back only to be called for "leaping". Leaping? Wtf is leaping? To say nothing of at least 3 obvious uncalled holds on the Blue Devils I saw from 500 miles away. And you just got the sense that it was ACC folks looking out for their own. Let's not make this at all embarrassing, Lafayette. Take your paycheck and get the hell out of here. I asked John last night if it was just me or were the refs utterly brutal. Let's just say he concurred.

The 4th down plays were both so bad. Especially the spot on our 4th down try which was short by 1/4 of an inch. But the kids competed hard all game and made some nice plays. Best part is our QB’s willingness to throw down the field with accuracy. He’s going to make some plays with his feet and arm against PL defenses.

On to a winnable game against Columbia. We really need this one, as it’s our weakest remaining non-conference opponent.

Congrats to Georgetown and Lehigh, and Cahill’s 1st win. Hopeful the league is getting back to the point where we are winning the vast majority of games against NEC competition. Next, we’ll work on doing better against the Ivy’s.

NY Crusader 2010
September 10th, 2023, 12:46 PM
I'll be picking Laffy over Columbia. Go 'Pards.

ngineer
September 10th, 2023, 10:09 PM
Strange chain of events with Merrimack "hosting" Lehigh at Harvard Stadium due to a campus-wide power outage. A W is a W. Hopefully the start of something in Bethlehem.

Very proud of how the team handled the adversity on this trip. Kids ate an early lunch for the expected kickoff at 4 p.m....but then with the weather delays the game didn't start to almost 6:30. Talk about running on an empty tank. I was most impressed with how our defense played 'invigorated'. Especially in the fourth quarter you could tell they were playing to win as opposed to playing not to lose. The defense played aggressively. We ran BLITZES rather than playing "prevent". Silbor got a chance to showcase his arm. Threading the needle on some tight coverage. There were a fair share of mistakes made, but they were overcome without head hanging. I saw real growth in the past week. Had a couple kids leave the game, hopefully to return next week as Cornell is a team we are capable of beating and should have beaten last year. They do have a very good QB from last year, so no way an easy game. But there is cause for optimism on South Mountain!

Ivytalk
September 11th, 2023, 07:57 AM
Most of the Ivy thread posters are predicting that the Patriot teams will take three of the four Ivy matchups this week. The exception: Penn over Colgate. One brave soul is predicting a Yale upset of HC. Not me.xpeacex