PDA

View Full Version : Which players do you think are sure shots to get drafted this year?

DSUHornet
November 28th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Which players, no matter the conferences, have sure shots of being selected in the 2008 draft?

Mountaineer#96
November 29th, 2007, 08:28 AM
ASU - OL Kerry Brown #76

SunCoastBlueHen
November 29th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Unfortunately, not many players at this level are sure shots to be drafted at this point. FCS players will greatly help or hinder their chances of getting drafted in the next few months by way of the post season exhibition games and the various "Pro Days" / NFL testing sessions that take place.

That being said, I think Delaware QB, Joe Flacco has an excellent chance to be drafted. xthumbsupx

bodoyle
November 29th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Jerome Simpson - WR CCU #19

smallcollegefbfan
November 29th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I would say there are 10-12 who are locks at this point.

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tenn State- Senior Bowl and Shrine Bowl bound
QB Joe Flacco, Delaware
WR Jerome Simpson, CCU
OG Kerry Brown, App State
CB Antwaun Molden, EKU
QB Josh Johnson, USD
OT Chad Rinehart, UNI
OT Demetrius Bell, NW State
FB Jerome Felton, Furman
DE Brian Johnston, Gardner-Webb
DE Kendall Langford, Hampton

There are about 10-15 more who I could see getting drafted. Those guys for sure though.

appfan2008
November 29th, 2007, 12:21 PM
kerry brown will be a very good pro guard...:)

asu3peat
November 29th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Do you think K. Brown will find it difficult transitioning from a shotgun spread offense (zone blocking) scheme to an under center smash mouth game? Or do you think scouts will try and draft him into a zone blocking scheme he is use to?

Thundering_Herd
November 29th, 2007, 03:48 PM
P Mike Dragosavich, North Dakota State University.
You could see Nate Safe (OL) and Joe Mays (LB) playing in the pros too!

2002jack
November 29th, 2007, 05:48 PM

I think Dragosavich has a good shot at the Pros. But, will he get drafted??

UNH 40
November 29th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately, not many players at this level are sure shots to be drafted at this point. FCS players will greatly help or hinder their chances of getting drafted in the next few months by way of the post season exhibition games and the various "Pro Days" / NFL testing sessions that take place.
That being said, I think Delaware QB, Joe Flacco has an excellent chance to be drafted. xthumbsupx

Even with great pro day performances the chances of getting a legit shot as an FCS play are not that great. Former UNH All-Conference and All-American guard Tucker Peterson posted better numbers than almost every single Guard on the board.

225 lb Bench: 26
40 time: 4.96
20 yard shuttle: 4.27
3 cone drill: 7.16
Broad Jump: 9'7"
Verticle: 36 inches
Height 6'3"
wieght 297

with those numbers he was projected by many as a rising prospect that could possibly be drafted and without a doubt being a priority free agent. to be picked up emediately following the last pick. Not only did he not get drafted (which was a long shot anyways) but he didn't even recieve a call from a team until the day after the draft. Went to Redskins Mini Camp and was cut after. Sadly FCS players even the best ones (Dave Ball) have a black mark on them just because of the competition level. It is completely rediculous how many good players fall through the cracks because of this.

ASUG8
November 29th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Jayson Foster - he'd spank Michael Vick as a running QB.

smallcollegefbfan
November 29th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Do you think K. Brown will find it difficult transitioning from a shotgun spread offense (zone blocking) scheme to an under center smash mouth game? Or do you think scouts will try and draft him into a zone blocking scheme he is use to?

Broncos run zone blocking schemes. Brown is a project anyway, as are most FCS and D2 OL who go to the NFL. It will take a couple years before he is ready more than likely.

smallcollegefbfan
November 29th, 2007, 08:03 PM
I think Dragosavich has a good shot at the Pros. But, will he get drafted??

I almost said him but it is so hit and miss with kickers and punters that I don't think he is a lock. He should though, but we know how that goes when someone should.

TwinTownBisonFan
November 30th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I would think that Safe and Mays have a good shot at a late round pick, Drago will probably sign with someone during camp. I like the idea of someone taking a flier on Steve Walker. Watching him this season he has shown poise and precision, the kind of guy who makes the NFL as a third string backup, and ends up being a starter. (Rich Gannon anyone?)

I will say that watching FCS guys go undrafted last year, esp. David Ball, who knows what the thinking is in the NFL.

Peems
December 1st, 2007, 01:12 AM
Josh Johnson is the safest bet out of anyone I believe xtwocentsx

UNHFan99
December 1st, 2007, 01:01 PM
I think Flacco is the safest bet, because he fits what the NFL is looking for. Reminds me alot of Matt Schaub or Derek Anderson.

mvemjsunpx
December 2nd, 2007, 03:28 AM
I believe G Matt Alfred of Eastern Washington is a likely draft pick.

Also Delaware State WR Shaheer McBride, though maybe not since his Senior season wasn't his best.

Youngstown (& former Ohio State) TE Louis Irizarry will probably get selected if the scouts think he can stay healthy.

Hoyadestroya85
December 3rd, 2007, 12:04 PM
Matt Sherry- TE, Villanova has an outside shot at being Mr. Irrelevant.. he's the most sure handed Tight End I have ever seen and he can block as well.. he'd make a good H-Back

UNHFan99
December 3rd, 2007, 06:52 PM
Joe Flacco just mentioned as second most intriguing QB in the Draft behind Colt Brennan by Mortenson on Monday Night NFL live.

I still think Ricky is the best playmaker, but Flacco is impressive.

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
I don't see anyone from UNH being drafted, though it's possible someone could give Santos or Pammer a shot very late.

As for the NFL, Josh Johnson and Joe Flacco look like two of the bets to get drafted. I wonder if Omar Cuff has a shot, too.

DSUHornet
December 8th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I almost said him but it is so hit and miss with kickers and punters that I don't think he is a lock. He should though, but we know how that goes when someone should.

yea. i think our kicker, Peter Gaertner is going to play on Sundays but i really doubt he will be drafted. he hit a good number of 45+'s under pressure for us this year.

DSUHornet
December 8th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Also Delaware State WR Shaheer McBride, though maybe not since his Senior season wasn't his best.

Yea, shy was fighting injury all year long. still managed to touch all three recieving records though, shattering two of them.

Chi Panther
December 9th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I think Flacco is the safest bet, because he fits what the NFL is looking for. Reminds me alot of Matt Schaub or Derek Anderson.

I say Drew Bledsoe....

Rob Iola
December 9th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I say Drew Bledsoe....

Drew's more an Eric Sanders kinda guy, dontcha think? xnodx

BluehenJK
December 10th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Flacco is more mobile than Bledsoe but thats a compliment. Bledsoe played in the league a long time and was a Super Bowl QB. Flacco is a definite draft pick. Cuff is interesting. He might get drafted late but I think will definitely be in a camp and has a shot if he gets with the right team.

dwtime
December 11th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Jerome Simpson - WR CCU #19

Simpson's 40 time is the same as David Ball's. Too slow for the NFL then.

I-AA Fan
December 11th, 2007, 02:22 PM

Hey Thunder:

Unless you hail from Huntington WV, and follow a team which is no longer a member of the SoCon ...you may want to change your name. I can appreciate your reasoning though.

I-AA Fan
December 11th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Joe Flacco just mentioned as second most intriguing QB in the Draft behind Colt Brennan by Mortenson on Monday Night NFL live.

I still think Ricky is the best playmaker, but Flacco is impressive.

Flacco is a potential pro (note is said "pro") QB, but this is a down year for QB's with a couple of studs & no one else. That should give him a look, but not much else. Flacco's up side is arm strength and height ...down side is slowness in reads (if the Salukis could tackle...Flacco would have spent more time on the ground than standing up), no vertical movement in the pocket, and not overly speedy. He is too big & slow for a WR or coverage man. He is not nimble enough for a TE (a position which is all but extinct in the NFL outside of Cleveland and Pittsburgh)...if he Flacco goes to the next level, it will be strictly as a QB.

YSU's Irizzary is truly a gifted player, well above the FCS level. However, his performance was not at all what people expected at YSU (he actually became the #2 TE behind Junior Derrick Bush). His time with the Buckeye's may be good enough to get him looked at, but not long enough to put him in the draft. He is the fastest TE I have ever seen & truly what the position has become in the NFL, more of a receiver/x-back. He literally cannot be covered across the middle. He should ace his combines, but he had better bring a tube of super glue to every camp. The guy will leap into the air & make the most improbable catches look easy; but he could not catch one wide-opened over the middle if his life depended on it.

TheKDL
December 12th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Flacco and Josh Johnson will go yes!

Kerry Brown I have heard as high as round 3 as low at 6th
Corey Lynch late 2nd day 6-7th round
Kevin Richardson late 2nd day 6-7th round
I have seen Dexter Jackson possibly 7th but not likely.
A buddy and I were talking about Julian Rauch making it, not on his PAT or field goals but for kickoffs. I know thats a long shot but if he does go to the NFL it would most likely be FA signing.

AmsterBison
December 12th, 2007, 05:32 AM
Hey Thunder:

Unless you hail from Huntington WV, and follow a team which is no longer a member of the SoCon ...you may want to change your name. I can appreciate your reasoning though.

Hehe, BAH! "Thundering Herd" has been an unofficial alternate nickname for NDSU athletic teams since at least 1928 according to the google news archive search I just did. Heck, Marshall didn't even start their JUCO football team until 1935 (that's from college football data warehouse).

spelunker64
December 12th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Hey Thunder:

xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xnonono2x

Hehe, BAH! "Thundering Herd" has been an unofficial alternate nickname for NDSU athletic teams since at least 1928 according to the google news archive search I just did. Heck, Marshall didn't even start their JUCO football team until 1935 (that's from college football data warehouse).

xnodx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Flacco is a potential pro (note is said "pro") QB, but this is a down year for QB's with a couple of studs & no one else. That should give him a look, but not much else. Flacco's up side is arm strength and height ...down side is slowness in reads (if the Salukis could tackle...Flacco would have spent more time on the ground than standing up), no vertical movement in the pocket, and not overly speedy. He is too big & slow for a WR or coverage man. He is not nimble enough for a TE (a position which is all but extinct in the NFL outside of Cleveland and Pittsburgh)...if he Flacco goes to the next level, it will be strictly as a QB.

YSU's Irizzary is truly a gifted player, well above the FCS level. However, his performance was not at all what people expected at YSU (he actually became the #2 TE behind Junior Derrick Bush). His time with the Buckeye's may be good enough to get him looked at, but not long enough to put him in the draft. He is the fastest TE I have ever seen & truly what the position has become in the NFL, more of a receiver/x-back. He literally cannot be covered across the middle. He should ace his combines, but he had better bring a tube of super glue to every camp. The guy will leap into the air & make the most improbable catches look easy; but he could not catch one wide-opened over the middle if his life depended on it.

Was it poor tackling or size and strength that kept him on is feet?