PDA

View Full Version : And Congratulations to Kyle Shotwell...

Pauly LB
November 28th, 2007, 12:23 PM
...from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, as the 2006 winner of the Buck Buchanon Award was signed on Wednesday morning to the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad replacing linebacker William Kershaw who was signed off the Eagles practice squad by the Houston Texans.

Of course this means that Shotwell will be reunited with the 2005 winner of the Buchanon Award -- Chris Gocong who starts at linebacker for the Eagles.

Shotwell will be the fourth former Cal Poly Mustang currently in the NFL which also includes Gocong, Jordan Beck (winner of the 2003 Buchanon Award) with Denver, and Courtney Brown with Dallas.

LacesOut
November 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I wonder if he can block on kick off returns.............

Pauly LB
November 28th, 2007, 12:34 PM
I wonder if he can block on kick off returns.............

Shotwell is a pretty tough player who never avoided contact. I would expect that blocking on kickoff returns would be a strength for him. It is interesting that he had several tryouts including Oakland for the preseason and later with Green Bay and I believe Denver. The Eagles were high on Shotwell before the draft and then did not draft him. And now they brought him to Philadelphia in week 13 of 17 not for the purpose of a tryout but to sign him to the practice squad. Perhaps this points out some of the reasons that Philadelphia is struggling at 5 wins and 6 losses this season. Let's face it, the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia who also is known for booing Santa, needs help.

To your question / comment, I guess we will only know if he can block if and when he makes the active roster.

th0m
November 28th, 2007, 01:37 PM
That's funny. The 2006 Buchanan runner up is now already on the active roster for the Iggles. Good luck to Shotwell.

LacesOut
November 28th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Shotwell is a pretty tough player who never avoided contact. I would expect that blocking on kickoff returns would be a strength for him. It is interesting that he had several tryouts including Oakland for the preseason and later with Green Bay and I believe Denver. The Eagles were high on Shotwell before the draft and then did not draft him. And now they brought him to Philadelphia in week 13 of 17 not for the purpose of a tryout but to sign him to the practice squad. Perhaps this points out some of the reasons that Philadelphia is struggling at 5 wins and 6 losses this season. Let's face it, the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia who also is known for booing Santa, needs help.

To your question / comment, I guess we will only know if he can block if and when he makes the active roster.

Good info, thanks.

And I asked about blocking on kick offs because the Eagles stink in that phase of special teams. Well they pretty much stink in all phases, but especially on kick offs. nyuk nyuk!

Pauly LB
November 28th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Good info, thanks.

And I asked about blocking on kick offs because the Eagles stink in that phase of special teams. Well they pretty much stink in all phases, but especially on kick offs. nyuk nyuk!

The Eagle problems extend way beyond the players all the way to Coach Andy Reid. How can the coach have his mind on football when his family has sooooo many personal problems with two convicted felons. I read that the judge basically read the Reid Family the riot act when he imposed sentence on one of the sons. Pretty much said that going home would NOT be a good place for the sons to go when they are released. Evidently Coach Reid runs a tighter football team than family. The Eagles are going to have to win at least four of the next five in order to even have a chance.

And, like I said in a previous post, remember Philadelphia is a brutal place to play and probably an even worse place to coach.