PDA

View Full Version : 2023 CAA Megathread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

rhowdyram
August 29th, 2023, 10:07 AM
With Albany winning on Saturday and 7 CAA teams in action Thursday, including two conference games, now might be a good time to move on from the off-season thread. In that spirit, URI has listed our two deep for Thursday night's game at Georgia State. It's page 10 of these game notes if you want to see the whole thing:

https://gorhody.com/documents/2023/8/28/URIFootballNotes_G01.pdf

A few surprises:

Gabe Sloat has gone from 3rd down back to starting RB with Jaden Griffin his backup. It appears that both of them jumped Jaylen Smith in the depth chart with transfers Ja'Den McKenzie and Deon Silas not cracking the two deep.

It looks like walk-on freshman Ty Groff beat out Dylan Shank for first team kicker. Both of these players would be getting their first college action after both of the kickers who got action last year moved on. Our kicking game was definitely an issue last year and had a massive effect on our one point loss at William & Mary. Harrison Leonard had misses from 31 and 37 in that game, and you have to think his struggles were a big part of our decision to go for two on the last play of the game instead of kicking the extra point and going to overtime.

WestCoastAggie
August 29th, 2023, 11:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAEq5Py4gXI

KPSUL
August 29th, 2023, 01:44 PM
A few surprises:

It looks like walk-on freshman Ty Groff beat out Dylan Shank for first team kicker. Both of these players would be getting their first college action after both of the kickers who got action last year moved on.

Clearly not a good name for a placekicker!

KPSUL
August 29th, 2023, 01:49 PM

Does UAB still play home games on Legion Field?

caribbeanhen
August 29th, 2023, 01:54 PM

that’s funny

congratulations

MR. CHICKEN
August 29th, 2023, 01:59 PM

.....UAB PLAYS @ PROTECTIVE STADIUM (47,100) CAPACITY.....IT WAS BRAND NEW IN 2021.....BRAWK!

rhowdyram
August 29th, 2023, 02:19 PM

hahaha clearly! We've kind of laughed about it/cringed about it on our board off and on for about a year now.

WestCoastAggie
August 29th, 2023, 02:53 PM

They built a new stadium and no longer use Legion Field.

WestCoastAggie
August 29th, 2023, 03:13 PM
hahaha clearly! We've kind of laughed about it/cringed about it on our board off and on for about a year now.

Hopefully, he never shanks one.

KPSUL
August 29th, 2023, 03:28 PM
that’s funny

congratulations

Thanks! But where's my reputation+ ?

caribbeanhen
August 29th, 2023, 03:38 PM
Thanks! But where's my reputation+ ?

in the gutter. 😂

KPSUL
August 29th, 2023, 05:39 PM
in the gutter. 
Great! That's a big improvement from "in the pits"

bonarae
August 29th, 2023, 07:36 PM
About time that the CAA has its own megathread. Now if the Big Sky posters on CS can only come back... xrulesx

caribbeanhen
August 30th, 2023, 08:29 PM
Saw this on gohens today

a nice review on the talent Delaware has assembled at WR

On paper I think you can make a strong case for this being the best overall group of WR talent ever assembled in Newark. Have to go back at least 13 years to even compare

Tomorrow night it gets real and I can’t wait to see this group in action and see if they can play up to the hype.

The group is led by 5th year senior #17 Jourdan Townsend. A player who in my view, underperformed his talent level until last year and boom suddenly flourished in the Carty offense. Talent breeds talent and when the wide receiver position was upgraded last year, it just gives a player like Townsend a little bit more space to operate in and he performed surgery… also a multi dimensional player. Great to have him for one more year

#8 Chandler Harvin - this is a Carly type wide receiver …a big playmaker. All you have to do is look at the Navy game when on a broken play, 2 athletes improvising connect on a game-winning touchdown pass that put Delaware in the playoffs. Harvin is worth every penny. Good coaches realize Playmakers are often more important than calling plays. We are very fortunate to have Harvin back on the team for one more year.

#12 Kim Wimberly graduate student transfer from Harvard hometown, Slidell, Louisiana

Ill just shut up for a minute and say if Kym is healthy, you guys are gonna be very happy ​

Check him out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hYW_sTTGUFU

#19 Jalyn Witcher
Yes, I hyped him up big time last year and I admit I was surprised they redshirted him. Let’s not forget that at Presbyterian in 2021, he was FCS freshman all American. Granted a huge chunk of his stats game against some horrible teams so what we’re going to get from Witcher at this point is just a guess for me. I don’t know. Hopefully he will contribute. I still think he has the talent to contribute in a big way.

#5 Joshua Youngblood another grad student transfer via K State and Rutgers - well I’m sure we’ve all seen the sensational special teams play from 2019 Kansas State but honestly, he hasn’t done much at the wide receiver position in his collegiate career, I’m sure Carty will find ways to get him the ball and let his natural talent take over. We might have a special player here. His calling might be kick off returns.

#2 JoJo Bermudez - sophomore transferred from Cincinnati. He’s here because he’s fast not sure if we’re going to see him or not on Thursday night. His New Jersey high school stats are spectacular and has anybody noticed that our Coach really likes the Jersey boys…

# 80 Phil Lutz - the great experiment, another graduate student, and another New Jersey kid. When I heard we were getting yet another wide receiver transfer even I said another wide receiver??? When you watch his D3 he looks great but of course that was Division III and it’s very interesting to see how the D3 All American is going to translate to the FCS. Something tells me he’s gonna have his moments and who knows, maybe he even better than Brett Buckman was… 39 receptions will be hard for him to replicate though. I’m interested to see what he does after he catches the ball.

#20 Ja’Carree Kelly True Fr out of Gainesville Florida, the same Gainesville that Michael Johnson was from. Some of our keen practice observers (Henjohn/MP) have commented on his speed. With so many receivers in the mix maybe will see him for 3 or 4 games this year and he will get a red shirt.

#15 James Collins senior Delaware boy who has contributed the last few years. He adds depth and experience to the wide receivers

while doing this I noticed that it’s going to be important to restock as most of these guys are only going to be here this year.

So this can really be a special group and whoever the quarterback is, it’s been said that we’re going to see both tomorrow night, he is very lucky to have this collection of talent

WestCoastAggie
August 31st, 2023, 12:47 PM
https://bluedeathvalley.com/2023-preseason-preview-part-2-the-defense/

A season preview of A&T's defense.

UNHWildcat18
September 1st, 2023, 06:20 AM
Well so far, the outcomes were pretty well predicted. I think URI got the shaft at the end there but they put up a good fight.

Tribe4SF
September 1st, 2023, 06:31 AM
Campbell impressed against W&M. Team speed evident and defense better. Took our defense until mid-second quarter to adjust to a quick paced offense with excellent QB play from Malik-Williams. He completed his first 9 passes.

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2023, 07:23 AM
Campbell impressed against W&M. Team speed evident and defense better. Took our defense until mid-second quarter to adjust to a quick paced offense with excellent QB play from Malik-Williams. He completed his first 9 passes.

totally agree on Campbell, they have some athletes at least

Rhode could finally be a playoff team this year, that 4th and 1 and the spot / measurement was like watching an election… funny things going on

I thought Stony Brook looked bad, no surprise really

Delaware WRs are for real and they will need to be this year as good offenses will score points on The Hens

RB Marcus Yarns…. Remember that name

KPSUL
September 1st, 2023, 07:52 AM
Surprised by how quickly Campbell got out of the blocks. The better team won the game, but the Camels had a lot of talented players on the field and should win some conference games. URI had the best performance of the evening against an average Sun Belt team. URI QB Kasim Hill plays like an old war horse, as soon as you're ready to write the Rams off, he throws a perfect deep ball, or runs for a 1st down (gets up limping) and next thing you know they're back in the game. I didn't watch as much of the DE @ SB game, really none of the 2nd half, as the game wasn't as close as the other two. Early in the game, SB was getting pressure on Delaware's O'Conner (something the SeaWolves normally do very well), but past the 1st couple series Delaware was the far better team, and there is no reason to think they won't be a player in the conference championship and playoffs battle.

Didn't watch any of Elon @ Wake Forest or NC A&T vs UAB. Both game were decided in the 1st half, and while 3 games are too many to try to watch simultaneously, try to watch 5 games and you'll get almost nothing out of it. Although neither game was the worst kind of FBS over FCS blow out.

rhowdyram
September 1st, 2023, 08:15 AM
Rhode could finally be a playoff team this year

From your keyboard to God's ears.

KPSUL
September 1st, 2023, 09:46 AM
From your keyboard to God's ears.

Your guys didn't get a final shot to win or tie the game due to a poor call, but they certainly made a statement to the rest of the conference, and especially the CAA Pick'em posters who said URI would lose by "a lot".

W&M, Delaware and URI all looked like potential playoff teams, and maybe Campbell as well.

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 1st, 2023, 01:50 PM
Rhody game was fun and of course Kasim Hill with 4 TDs and 408 yds was the leader for you guys, does he have 2 or 3 years left(LOL).
He all seriousness he is a warrior and looks like he is knocked out and gets back up and throws for a TD. To think his first two years at Maryland he beat Texas twice according to the commentators.
Attendance was 15,543, that was the most empty stadium I have seen for that many people, I would have said 1,550 or so.

Had to watch our ex-QB Fagnano make his debut for UConn against NCSU and takes the huskies straight down the field on the opening drive for a score and looked like an all-american but the Wolfpack made adjustments and UConn only had one other score on a long run in a 24-14 loss, interesting game for UConn next week against Geogia State.

FUBeAR
September 1st, 2023, 02:03 PM
Seems odd to FUBeAR that we’re all set to anoint a Team that finished under .500 in 2022 and that finished next to last in a known-to-be-weak conference as a stone-cold-lock 2023 Playoff Team because they came out the gate 0-1 this year with a double-digit loss.

Probably just FUBeAR being weird, but it seems maybe those 3 shiny new letters they posted on their Football website has a lot more to do with that sentiment than any success the Camels have manifested on the field.

KPSUL
September 1st, 2023, 02:53 PM
Seems odd to FUBeAR that we’re all set to anoint a Team that finished under .500 in 2022 and that finished next to last in a known-to-be-weak conference as a stone-cold-lock 2023 Playoff Team because they came out the gate 0-1 this year with a double-digit loss.

Probably just FUBeAR being weird, but it seems maybe those 3 shiny new letters they posted on their Football website has a lot more to do with that sentiment than any success the Camels have manifested on the field.

Apparently you didn't watch the W&M at Campbell game, perhaps to busy watching SOCON teams beat up on Division 2 opponents. Here's something for you to consider when trying to understand the challenges SOCON teams have getting at-large playoff bids; when you schedule a Division 2 opponent you will end up with one less chance for a Division 1 win and therefore a diminished opportunity of being selected by the committee.

SteelSD
September 1st, 2023, 02:56 PM
Seems odd to FUBeAR that we’re all set to anoint a Team that finished 0-10 in 2022 and that finished LAST in a known-to-be-weak conference as a stone-cold-lock 2023 Playoff Team because they came out the gate 0-1 this year with a double-digit loss.

Probably just FUBeAR being weird, but it seems maybe those 3 shiny new letters they posted on their Football website has a lot more to do with that sentiment than any success the LIONS have manifested on the field.
Fixed for you.

FUBeAR
September 1st, 2023, 03:33 PM
Apparently you didn't watch the W&M at Campbell game, perhaps to busy watching SOCON teams beat up on Division 2 opponents. Here's something for you to consider when trying to understand the challenges SOCON teams have getting at-large playoff bids; when you schedule a Division 2 opponent you will end up with one less chance for a Division 1 win and therefore a diminished opportunity of being selected by the committee.
Ahhh…the old, meaningless “I’m rubber, you’re glue” response.

Watch a CAA game? Bwahahjahajha!!! Ain’t nobody tryna f with Flo. Y’all got that channel all to yourselves.

Anyway…guess you got nuffin’ as to how this also-ran, afterthought of a Team magically becomes a Playoff Team by losing (another) game by double digits. It’s a cool story bro’ …just wonderin’ how it happened. But no worries…FUBeAR already knows.

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2023, 04:06 PM
Rhody game was fun and of course Kasim Hill with 4 TDs and 408 yds was the leader for you guys, does he have 2 or 3 years left(LOL).
He all seriousness he is a warrior and looks like he is knocked out and gets back up and throws for a TD. To think his first two years at Maryland he beat Texas twice according to the commentators.
Attendance was 15,543, that was the most empty stadium I have seen for that many people, I would have said 1,550 or so.

Had to watch our ex-QB Fagnano make his debut for UConn against NCSU and takes the huskies straight down the field on the opening drive for a score and looked like an all-american but the Wolfpack made adjustments and UConn only had one other score on a long run in a 24-14 loss, interesting game for UConn next week against Geogia State.

I just saw Hill get rocked in the first quarter. He probably is missing some teeth he got right back up.

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2023, 04:09 PM
Surprised by how quickly Campbell got out of the blocks. The better team won the game, but the Camels had a lot of talented players on the field and should win some conference games. URI had the best performance of the evening against an average Sun Belt team. URI QB Kasim Hill plays like an old war horse, as soon as you're ready to write the Rams off, he throws a perfect deep ball, or runs for a 1st down (gets up limping) and next thing you know they're back in the game. I didn't watch as much of the DE @ SB game, really none of the 2nd half, as the game wasn't as close as the other two. Early in the game, SB was getting pressure on Delaware's O'Conner (something the SeaWolves normally do very well), but past the 1st couple series Delaware was the far better team, and there is no reason to think they won't be a player in the conference championship and playoffs battle.

Didn't watch any of Elon @ Wake Forest or NC A&T vs UAB. Both game were decided in the 1st half, and while 3 games are too many to try to watch simultaneously, try to watch 5 games and you'll get almost nothing out of it. Although neither game was the worst kind of FBS over FCS blow out.

don’t underestimate how bad Stony Brook is

Chalupa Batman
September 1st, 2023, 04:10 PM
Ahhh…the old, meaningless “I’m rubber, you’re glue” response.

Watch a CAA game? Bwahahjahajha!!! Ain’t nobody tryna f with Flo. Y’all got that channel all to yourselves.

Anyway…guess you got nuffin’ as to how this also-ran, afterthought of a Team magically becomes a Playoff Team by losing (another) game by double digits. It’s a cool story bro’ …just wonderin’ how it happened. But no worries…FUBeAR already knows.

After double checking both this thread and the Week 1 score thread I didn't see any post mention "Campbell" & "playoffs" together, so not sure where you got that people are annointing them a stone-cold-lock playoff team this year. But by all means, keep on arguing against this take no one has made.

FUBeAR
September 1st, 2023, 04:25 PM
After double checking both this thread and the Week 1 score thread I didn't see any post mention "Campbell" & "playoffs" together, so not sure where you got that people are annointing them a stone-cold-lock playoff team this year. But by all means, keep on arguing against this take no one has made.
#21 et al - ur usually better than this. Nervous about the game tomorrow?

Chalupa Batman
September 1st, 2023, 04:35 PM
#21 et al - ur usually better than this. Nervous about the game tomorrow?

Ah you're right, thanks. I skimmed the first part of the post that was URI related and missed the other part. But still, someone saying that "maybe" Campbell looks like a "potential" playoff team is a far cry from them annointing Campbell a stone-cold-lock playoff team.

SteelSD
September 1st, 2023, 05:28 PM
Funny how a certain poster was willing to do that very thing for a certain week 0 team because they played a game within 10, but heavens no you can’t say that about Campbell. The hypocrisy runs deep with that poster.

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2023, 05:46 PM
HENS HIGHLIGHTS

Ryan O'Connor (https://bluehens.com/sports/football/roster/ryan-o-connor/27287) finished 24-of-38 passing for 346 yards and a touchdown.
Zach Marker (https://bluehens.com/sports/football/roster/zach-marker/27358) also completed four passes for 68 yards
Marcus Yarns (https://bluehens.com/sports/football/roster/marcus-yarns/27316) led the rushing attack with 107 yards on 11 carries with two scores
Chandler Harvin (https://bluehens.com/sports/football/roster/chandler-harvin/27276) caught five passes for 100 yards, while Kym Wimberly (https://bluehens.com/sports/football/roster/kym-wimberly/27372) also had five catches for 81 yards and a touchdown.
Nine different receivers caught a pass.

FUBeAR
September 1st, 2023, 05:57 PM
Ah you're right, thanks. I skimmed the first part of the post that was URI related and missed the other part. But still, someone saying that "maybe" Campbell looks like a "potential" playoff team is a far cry from them annointing Campbell a stone-cold-lock playoff team.
Poetic license and/or extradigital discernment

MUHAWKS
September 1st, 2023, 06:45 PM
Regardless of how Campbell ends the season record wise, it is crystal clear they have enormous talent. They have tons of dangerous skill guys, a very good QB, a defense that swarms to the ball and a huge and talented O line. They are 100% talented. Whether they are "good" or not we will see in terms of figuring out how to win. As a Monmouth guy who played these guys every year it has been the same with them since we started. Ultra talented, tons of good skill guys, some FBS transfers and 3-4 star guys who "turned down" FBS for Minter and Campbell and the results in The Big South were-

2018- 6-5, smoked by Kennesaw, smoked by Monmouth

2019- 6-5- lost to 3 to Kennesaw, smoked by Monmouth

2020- 0-4 but played all FBS games instead of the Spring Big South, almost beat Georgia Southern,

2021- 3-8, beat handily by Kennesaw and Monmouth

2022- 5-6 - whatever

So they have done literally NOTHING for 5 years and have had the same type of teams. I told people The Big South was not that far off from The CAA when you take away the TOP 2-3 maybe 4 CAA teams. I have no gripe here just find it funny that people saw last night what I and others already knew- Campbell is loaded with talent. But they have been for a while now. I will admit THIS talent they have is a step or 2 above what they have had in terms of depth but so will their level of overall competition be too. So I see it as a relative wash. Am I underhandedly trying to give teams like Monmouth more credit by writing this? 100%. We routinely beat them with ease. Is every year different? Sure it is. Am I wary of playing them? ALWAYS- b/c they ALWAYS have talent. But "losing" and looking good, even to the # 4 team in the country means very little right? I am NOT looking forward to playing them and frankly and way more scared of them than even Elon and UNH. So I am not a Campbell hater at all. I am just saying this is a similar type team to the teams we and KSU routinely beat. Loaded with talent, look great in spots, cannot put it all together. Not sure whether it is coaching, too many 3-4 star guys who chose FCS, just not sure. That is all.

MR. CHICKEN
September 1st, 2023, 10:33 PM
Regardless of how Campbell ends the season record wise, it is crystal clear they have enormous talent. They have tons of dangerous skill guys, a very good QB, a defense that swarms to the ball and a huge and talented O line. They are 100% talented. Whether they are "good" or not we will see in terms of figuring out how to win. As a Monmouth guy who played these guys every year it has been the same with them since we started. Ultra talented, tons of good skill guys, some FBS transfers and 3-4 star guys who "turned down" FBS for Minter and Campbell and the results in The Big South were-

2020- 0-4 but played all FBS games instead of the Spring Big South, almost beat Georgia Southern,

2022- 5-6 - whatever

So they have done literally NOTHING for 5 years and have had the same type of teams. I told people The Big South was not that far off from The CAA when you take away the TOP 2-3 maybe 4 CAA teams. I have no gripe here just find it funny that people saw last night what I and others already knew- Campbell is loaded with talent. But they have been for a while now. I will admit THIS talent they have is a step or 2 above what they have had in terms of depth but so will their level of overall competition be too. So I see it as a relative wash. Am I underhandedly trying to give teams like Monmouth more credit by writing this? 100%. We routinely beat them with ease. Is every year different? Sure it is. Am I wary of playing them? ALWAYS- b/c they ALWAYS have talent. But "losing" and looking good, even to the # 4 team in the country means very little right? I am NOT looking forward to playing them and frankly and way more scared of them than even Elon and UNH. So I am not a Campbell hater at all. I am just saying this is a similar type team to the teams we and KSU routinely beat. Loaded with talent, look great in spots, cannot put it all together. Not sure whether it is coaching, too many 3-4 star guys who chose FCS, just not sure. That is all.

...YOU KNOW CAMPBELL SO WELL.......WHY DID YOU TAKE 'EM..TA BEAT WM & MARY....IN CAA PICK'EM....xconfusedx....BRAWK?

KPSUL
September 1st, 2023, 10:52 PM

2022- 5-6 - whatever

I do appreciate your experience and insight concerning Campbell, and you're right, that was the first time I saw them play. I've also never disparaged Monmouth, I think they are a solid football program. The clear difference I saw between Campbell and W&M was one of maturity, handling pressure and probably effective game planning and management. But as almost everyone agrees here, Campbell appears to be loaded with talented players. But W&M is as close to a "stone-cold-lock playoff team" as exists in the CAA so losing to them by ten points is nothing to be ashamed about, nor does it eliminate a team from playoff contention. After reading all the commentary on the W&M @ Campbell game, I don't think saying Campbell may be a potential playoff team is terribly controversial. I'm could also say that about several other conference teams at the moment to include Monmouth, and if they had retained Musket, I'd be saying they are a likely playoff contender.

MUHAWKS
September 2nd, 2023, 06:11 AM
...YOU KNOW CAMPBELL SO WELL.......WHY DID YOU TAKE 'EM..TA BEAT WM & MARY....IN CAA PICK'EM....xconfusedx....BRAWK?

haha, b/c # 1 it ain't for $$$ and # 2 b/c I DO know the Camels well I thought they could win. (turned ball over going inside the W&M 10 and at their own 10) was really the difference in game.

MUHAWKS
September 2nd, 2023, 06:17 AM
I do appreciate your experience and insight concerning Campbell, and you're right, that was the first time I saw them play. I've also never disparaged Monmouth, I think they are a solid football program. The clear difference I saw between Campbell and W&M was one of maturity, handling pressure and probably effective game planning and management. But as almost everyone agrees here, Campbell appears to be loaded with talented players. But W&M is as close to a "stone-cold-lock playoff team" as exists in the CAA so losing to them by ten points is nothing to be ashamed about, nor does it eliminate a team from playoff contention. After reading all the commentary on the W&M @ Campbell game, I don't think saying Campbell may be a potential playoff team is terribly controversial. I'm could also say that about several other conference teams at the moment to include Monmouth, and if they had retained Musket, I'd be saying they are a likely playoff contender.

Yeah I suck at getting my point across - wait, what is my point? haha-- And just so YOU know, when I say more scared to play them than UNH, it is NOT b/c I think UNH is not very good it is b/c I "know" what you have (have a lot) but Campbell has the ability to do some crazy stuff, score quick, the speed etc.. ITs a different "style" and once again, lose to The Camels, get ***** on, beat em, get no credit, whereas UNH a close loss looks ok a win look great- Hope you understand I a sure you do. I am scorned from the Big South years of beating a team like Campbell by 30 and being told you still suck!

MR. CHICKEN
September 2nd, 2023, 07:23 AM
haha, b/c # 1 it ain't for $$$ and # 2 b/c I DO know the Camels well I thought they could win. (turned ball over going inside the W&M 10 and at their own 10) was really the difference in game.

.....WELP.......DEY LIVED UP...TA YER ASSESSMENT....................BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2023, 08:40 AM
Yeah I suck at getting my point across - wait, what is my point? haha-- And just so YOU know, when I say more scared to play them than UNH, it is NOT b/c I think UNH is not very good it is b/c I "know" what you have (have a lot) but Campbell has the ability to do some crazy stuff, score quick, the speed etc.. ITs a different "style" and once again, lose to The Camels, get ***** on, beat em, get no credit, whereas UNH a close loss looks ok a win look great- Hope you understand I a sure you do. I am scorned from the Big South years of beating a team like Campbell by 30 and being told you still suck!

Do the you Hawks have a chance to pull of an upset down in Florida? Just know I’ll be pulling for your boys tonight

Tribe4SF
September 2nd, 2023, 08:41 AM

Total offense - W&M 452 Campbell 310
first downs - W&M 27 Campbell 21
3rd down conversion - W&M 8-15 Campbell 2-8

The garbage time TD at the end made the game seem closer than it was in the second half. The 71 yards on that drive gave the Camels positive yardage in the second half. Prior to the drive they were at -2 for the half.

MR. CHICKEN
September 2nd, 2023, 08:59 AM
Do the you Hawks have a chance to pull of an upset down in Florida? Just know I’ll be pulling for your boys tonight

....CORPORAL MASTERSON...TA CUSTER......"DO WE HAVE UH CHANCE?"...............BRAWK!

....CUSTER TA MASTERSON....."TELL GABBY, HAIRCUTS FO' EVERAH ONE....PRONTO!"..............AWK!

FUBeAR
September 2nd, 2023, 09:00 AM

The garbage time TD at the end made the game seem closer than it was in the second half. The 71 yards on that drive gave the Camels positive yardage in the second half. Prior to the drive they were at -2 for the half.
Why you wanna dis a CAA Playoff Team like that? C'mon man!!

MR. CHICKEN
September 2nd, 2023, 09:15 AM
Why you wanna dis a CAA Playoff Team like that? C'mon man!!

...DUH HAWK GAVE DUH SCOUTIN' REPORT......REMINDS DUH CHICKEN UH HI-SKOOL......SO MUCH PROMISE.....BUT...... FLUNKED GEOMETRY.......BRAWK!

....AN'..AH ENDED UP...IN UH CHAT ROOM...........WHIFF NOTHIN'...REALLY TA SAY...........AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
September 2nd, 2023, 09:28 AM

...YIKES!....SHOODAH BEEN 34-17......AN' TRIBE WAS TRAVELLIN'..........IFIN' AH WAS MONTANA ST.......AH'D THROW DUH MONTANA GAME...........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2023, 11:15 AM
...DUH HAWK GAVE DUH SCOUTIN' REPORT......REMINDS DUH CHICKEN UH HI-SKOOL......SO MUCH PROMISE.....BUT...... FLUNKED GEOMETRY.......BRAWK!

....AN'..AH ENDED UP...IN UH CHAT ROOM...........WHIFF NOTHIN'...REALLY TA SAY...........AWK!

you still have the magic lol

Tribal
September 2nd, 2023, 11:41 AM
Campbell is loaded, but like Caribbean wrote, it came down to a veteran, mature, well-coached team playing smart ball. Campbell’s offense look great on their first few drives but nothing much after that until their final “we already lost so let’s sling it vs the winners” drive. The Humps will really threaten down the road. I’m curious to see how their Maine HC game turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MUHAWKS
September 2nd, 2023, 12:36 PM

Gun to my head their chances are there ONLY with perfection and a little game luck. If this were like a bottom 5-10 FBS team I would say 100%, but Herman seems to have them bought in and they have tons of big time FBS guys with experience from major teams plus a lot of guys returning from a not awful team. Plus the coaching change seems to have helped. I do not know enough in whole about FAU to give a legitimate opinion though. I can say that in my view this is def the most talent and depth WE have had. Our D line alone is totally revamped and deep. I think our defense will shock people this year when compared to last. The big question mark is QB. as I watch Muskett as we speak look decent in last drive I wonder if we still had him I would not only say we have a chance but know we do. So, if our QB can play well I say yes we have a punchers chance. What is needed to win IMO?

1. Win turnover battle
2. Bend but do not break in terms of letting up big plays (dont let 22 yards become 62 yards)
3. Shirden does his thing
4. dont "lose" special teams

If those 4 happen I think this is a game late into 2nd half (assumign FAU is not some mysterious top 25 team)

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2023, 02:35 PM
Gun to my head their chances are there ONLY with perfection and a little game luck. If this were like a bottom 5-10 FBS team I would say 100%, but Herman seems to have them bought in and they have tons of big time FBS guys with experience from major teams plus a lot of guys returning from a not awful team. Plus the coaching change seems to have helped. I do not know enough in whole about FAU to give a legitimate opinion though. I can say that in my view this is def the most talent and depth WE have had. Our D line alone is totally revamped and deep. I think our defense will shock people this year when compared to last. The big question mark is QB. as I watch Muskett as we speak look decent in last drive I wonder if we still had him I would not only say we have a chance but know we do. So, if our QB can play well I say yes we have a punchers chance. What is needed to win IMO?

1. Win turnover battle
2. Bend but do not break in terms of letting up big plays (dont let 22 yards become 62 yards)

If those 4 happen I think this is a game late into 2nd half (assumign FAU is not some mysterious top 25 team)

the way the FCS is looking Nationally, I’ll say chances slim to none

MUHAWKS
September 2nd, 2023, 03:25 PM

Hear that- Look its an 11/12 game season so some of the stuff we are seeing - who knows how much it matters. Can Marist be THAT bad? Is Gtown not terrible? Is Merrimack legit? Is Holy Cross letting down this year? Is Nova good again? Is Lehigh same old Lehigh? Who the F knows, but based off of some of the stuff I have seen already- could be shaping up as a weekend to EXPECT a game like Monmouth tonight to be close. Butler hanging with Montana? I mean really we are ot gaining much info this week regardless.

MUHAWKS
September 2nd, 2023, 03:37 PM

I will tell you this- I took a 15 minute drive to the NY state border to put a non small sum on The Hawks + 26.5

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2023, 03:44 PM
I will tell you this- I took a 15 minute drive to the NY state border to put a non small sum on The Hawks + 26.5

degenerate 😂

I’ll be watching and pulling for you

Lehigh is just horrible
Marist pathetic
Gtown lucky they were playing Marist
Merrimack a little tougher than the overrated Holy Cross expected
Stoner Brook is bad
Del State is D3

lets see how my step son Puffenbarger does tonight

KPSUL
September 2nd, 2023, 03:45 PM
you still have the magic lol

I agree, Mr Chicken is an AGS superstar, too bad a lot of the newer members don't take the time to understand his posts. I actually enjoy the old bird brain, even when he's roasting me!

MUHAWKS
September 2nd, 2023, 03:54 PM

100% true - however IF you are a Campbell fan (not me) you may be saying "who knows what happens if we do not fumble as we are going into score after W&M defense looked lost" and then also ay be thinking "and then we stop them and fumble inside our red zone" THAT is what makes Campbell, Campbell and W&M # 4 (aside from W&M being really good too)... That is CAA football right? So yes W&M shut em down for sure after the initial burst but IMO the 34-24 score was indicative of overall talent to talent b/c again, Campbell literally turned the game around at least 10 and maybe 14 pts by 2 turovers at awful sports on field. Not saying W&M did not cause em, just saying, I think W&M will beat teams way worse this year.

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2023, 04:20 PM
I agree, Mr Chicken is an AGS superstar, too bad a lot of the newer members don't take the time to understand his posts. I actually enjoy the old bird brain, even when he's roasting me!

We’re agreeing too much. I’m gonna go take a shower

KPSUL
September 2nd, 2023, 04:29 PM
We’re agreeing too much. I’m gonna go take a shower

Good! We'll get a break for a while. You could use some rest after 21,630 posts!

Southsider
September 2nd, 2023, 04:36 PM
degenerate 

I’ll be watching and pulling for you

Lehigh is just horrible
Marist pathetic
Gtown lucky they were playing Marist
Merrimack a little tougher than the overrated Holy Cross expected
Stoner Brook is bad
Del State is D3

lets see how my step son Puffenbarger does tonight

So true. I was extremely disappointed today. Expected a better effort. FWIW, Nova looked very good (I think)

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2023, 05:04 PM
Good! We'll get a break for a while. You could use some rest after 21,630 posts!

21.630? is that how many yards Jiffy Laube got today ?

KPSUL
September 2nd, 2023, 06:00 PM
Congratulations to Hampton for their win over Gambling 35-31!

KPSUL
September 2nd, 2023, 06:01 PM
21.630? is that how many yards Jiffy Laube got today ?

230 All purpose yards, but he only played 2.5 quarters and ran back 1 punt for a TD. Used sparingly on Special Teams.

UNHWildcat18
September 2nd, 2023, 08:30 PM
Ugh is Morgan State going to win the MEAC this year? Or did Richmond lose a lot more than we thought this offseason?…..

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2023, 08:32 PM
Ugh is Morgan State going to win the MEAC this year? Or did Richmond lose a lot more than we thought this offseason?…..

Richmond should be burnt to the ground

KPSUL
September 2nd, 2023, 08:58 PM

It might be hard to do, Robins Stadium is all brick and aluminum.

KPSUL
September 2nd, 2023, 09:06 PM

1. Win turnover battle

So how many of the 4 things happened? Or were there other things that happened you didn't anticipate. But if you got 26 point, looks like you won your bet!

MR. CHICKEN
September 2nd, 2023, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by MUHAWKS https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=3138638#post3138638)

1. Win turnover battle

So how many of the 4 things happened? Or were there other things that happened you didn't anticipate. But if you got 26 point, looks like you won your bet!

SHIRDEN'S THING = 66YDS. 24 CARRIES LONG 22 YDS
NO "D" IN MONMOUTH = DEFENSE GAVE UP 5 TD PASSES

Tribal
September 2nd, 2023, 09:46 PM
100% true - however IF you are a Campbell fan (not me) you may be saying "who knows what happens if we do not fumble as we are going into score after W&M defense looked lost" and then also ay be thinking "and then we stop them and fumble inside our red zone" THAT is what makes Campbell, Campbell and W&M # 4 (aside from W&M being really good too)... That is CAA football right? So yes W&M shut em down for sure after the initial burst but IMO the 34-24 score was indicative of overall talent to talent b/c again, Campbell literally turned the game around at least 10 and maybe 14 pts by 2 turovers at awful sports on field. Not saying W&M did not cause em, just saying, I think W&M will beat teams way worse this year.

We can say that both ways. Our WR burned the Campbell DB by several yards but dropped the deep bomb. Had he caught that, and stayed on his feet, he could have walked into the endzone. As it was, we had to punt and that was blocked and that led to a Campbell FG. 10 point swing. We can “but had that happened then this” to death.

MUHAWKS
September 2nd, 2023, 11:14 PM

we actually won the turnover battle, we did NOT do # 2- let up monster big plays on horrible missed tackles. 3 was awful, Shirden had nothing. Specials was a wash. After seeing the game we were not going to win- they are good. I think 7-8 win bowl type team. I think we played average at best but a lot of that was FAU- I am actually more optimistic about MU now then I was before the game and yes I got the cover and that ad much more going on us over Towson.

MUHAWKS
September 2nd, 2023, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by MUHAWKS https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=3138638#post3138638)

1. Win turnover battle

You will eat your words eventually this season. FAU would beat every CAA team and my guess is win 7-8 FBS games this year. They are good and their RB is VERY good. We let up less points to them than Delaware and William and Mary did to TOP FCS teams in the playoffs when they game counted for a whole lot more. Long season- you wait and see.

Tribe4SF
September 3rd, 2023, 05:48 AM

Their defense will be fine but losing Udinski and Herres left a gaping hole in their offense. Apparently their o-line did not impress.

WestCoastAggie
September 3rd, 2023, 06:18 AM

4 turnovers, including a muffed punt inside of 3 minutes of the 4th quarter will do it.

Also, Coach Wilson from Morgan State did have a knack of knocking off vastly stronger PWIs while at Bowie State in the regular season and playoffs.

We gotta start looking at them and NCCU as a potential MEAC at-large bid.

Some of the degens here should give Morgan State a vote in the AGS poll this week.

TribeNomad1
September 3rd, 2023, 06:27 AM

There were things burned here a few years ago..........

Tribe4SF
September 3rd, 2023, 07:05 AM
4 turnovers, including a muffed punt inside of 3 minutes of the 4th quarter will do it.

Also, Coach Wilson from Morgan State did have a knack of knocking off vastly stronger PWIs while at Bowie State in the regular season and playoffs.

We gotta start looking at them and NCCU as a potential MEAC at-large bid.

Some of the degens here should give Morgan State a vote in the AGS poll this week.

Morgan State turned it over 3 times as well. Telling stat is UR giving up 5 sacks.

UNHWildcat18
September 3rd, 2023, 07:16 AM

Their forum is burning to the ground, that’s for sure lol

TribeNomad1
September 3rd, 2023, 08:11 AM
Their forum is burning to the ground, that’s for sure lol

Have not checked, but I bet. I am not shedding any tears for them. Now just more whine than cheese for that group.

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2023, 08:19 AM
Have not checked, but I bet. I am not shedding any tears for them. Now just more whine than cheese for that group.

I’ve only seen one Richmond poster on here recently and he has been great, the ones that are gone probably moved to Harrisonburg area

MR. CHICKEN
September 3rd, 2023, 08:34 AM
You will eat your words eventually this season. FAU would beat every CAA team and my guess is win 7-8 FBS games this year. They are good and their RB is VERY good. We let up less points to them than Delaware and William and Mary did to TOP FCS teams in the playoffs when they game counted for a whole lot more. Long season- you wait and see.

....WHAT WORDS ARE EDIBLE.....IN DAT REPLY?...........

...MIGHT WANNA CHECK DUH OWLS SKED....B/4...YOUSE PREDICT..DUH FUTURE.......WHIFF LIKES UH CLEMSON/ILLINOIS/UTSA/TULANE....BRAWK!

....AH'D DRIVE TA NORFFERN JERSEY/NEW YAWK LINE.........
...TA LAY STACK UH DUCATS....ON SOUFF DAKOTA STATE/MONTANA STATE....TA PLUCK OWL FEATHERS.................💵............DOODLE-DOO!

MRuler
September 3rd, 2023, 08:37 AM
Hats off to Albany. They battled for 60 minutes but Marshall was the better team. Thankfully we didn't suffer any serious injuries. Poff the "Magic Dragon" continues to be a great QB and scampered for a huge score!! I thought for minute we had it. Marshall was HUGE!!! The home crowd were stunned. I never like these money games as they are almost impossible to win and I fear injuries. With that being said off to HI. Another money game. I am sure the kids love playing in these games but IMO they shouldn't have played two FBS teams in one season. We have a legit chance next week but still don't like these games.

MR. CHICKEN
September 3rd, 2023, 08:52 AM
Morgan State turned it over 3 times as well. Telling stat is UR giving up 5 sacks.

.....GUESS DEY LEFT DEY'RE HEART...IN SACREMENTO...........BRAWK!

TribeNomad1
September 3rd, 2023, 09:14 AM
.....GUESS DEY LEFT DEY'RE HEART...IN SACREMENTO...........BRAWK!

Well, San Fran a bit south from Sacramento, but Richmond Cap. of Virginia (and once the darn ol' South) & Sacramento the Cap. of Cali, so they have that going.

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2023, 09:23 AM
Hats off to Albany. They battled for 60 minutes but Marshall was the better team. Thankfully we didn't suffer any serious injuries. Poff the "Magic Dragon" continues to be a great QB and scampered for a huge score!! I thought for minute we had it. Marshall was HUGE!!! The home crowd were stunned. I never like these money games as they are almost impossible to win and I fear injuries. With that being said off to HI. Another money game. I am sure the kids love playing in these games but IMO they shouldn't have played two FBS teams in one season. We have a legit chance next week but still don't like these games.

Haha Puff the Magic Dragon … like it

after his bootleg for the touchdown, Marshall really woke up.

Thought Albany looked good and definitely a playoff candidate as long as the Dragon is healthy

KPSUL
September 3rd, 2023, 09:28 AM

That statement now in bold, is well, too bold. It is a speculative over-statement about an opponent after 1 game that really no one could accurately answer. You got a clearly tougher opponent than Maine and a similar opponent to URI and Albany. FAU finished 4-4 in arguably the worst FBS conference last season, 4-7 overall against FBS competition. Also your season is not over and in the toilet. You still have Shirden who will still role up big yards in other games, some great receivers, as well as the human bowling ball from Harvard who will get you into the endzone when other backs wouldn't.

MR. CHICKEN
September 3rd, 2023, 09:35 AM
That statement now in bold, is well, too bold. It is a speculative over-statement about an opponent after 1 game that really no one could accurately answer. You got a clearly tougher opponent than Maine and a similar opponent to URI and Albany. FAU finished 4-4 in arguably the worst FBS conference last season, 4-7 overall against FBS competition. Also your season is not over and in the toilet. You still have Shirden who will still role up big yards in other games, some great receivers, as well as the human bowling ball from Harvard who will get you into the endzone when other backs wouldn't.

....AN' ON...DUH OTHERAH HAND.............THERE'S DUH "D"..................BRAWK!

MUHAWKS
September 3rd, 2023, 10:09 AM

I mean arent most thing we all say on here an opinion? To say FAU would beat every CAA team is not THAT bold? I am probably the only one who watched every play of the game. It is just my honest take from the information I have which like everyone else's is limited. You use "last year" as a proxy which shocks me b/c you are too astute for that. You realize they have a new QB, new HC and staff, all with big time experience? They had multiple big time transfers who saw real time at legit schools. And they returned almost everyone to begin with from last years average to subpar team. They are Big, Fast and deep, have a RB that will play in the NFL, a QB with big time experience and a very talented D line. I disagree big time that we got a similar opponent (Marshall/Georgia State) based on what I saw and using YOUR analysis basing things on "last year" we beat Albany last year and URI was a 7 OT loss, so to even compare what they did against their FBS opponent to what we did makes very little sense if you are judging on "perception". I know what I saw ad FAU is a big, fast team with an experienced new HC and QB and "system" in terms of mentality. Only time will tell. and of course our season is not over- like I said I am more optimistic now! The amount of total information we have right now is too small for anyone to be "right" or "wrong" on anything..It is my opinion, I respect yours for sure.

MUHAWKS
September 3rd, 2023, 10:13 AM

....WHAT WORDS ARE EDIBLE.....IN DAT REPLY?...........

...MIGHT WANNA CHECK DUH OWLS SKED....B/4...YOUSE PREDICT..DUH FUTURE.......WHIFF LIKES UH CLEMSON/ILLINOIS/UTSA/TULANE....BRAWK!

....AH'D DRIVE TA NORFFERN JERSEY/NEW YAWK LINE.........
...TA LAY STACK UH DUCATS....ON SOUFF DAKOTA STATE/MONTANA STATE....TA PLUCK OWL FEATHERS.............................DOODLE-DOO!

The words you will eat is there is no "D" in Monmouth. Of course taken literally, you are right Chicken, There is no D in the spelling so in a game of court you win! yay! But your witty ways clearly meant our D sucks, and those are the words you will eat sir. I know FAU's schedule and I maintain they will be a 7-8 win Bowl team. Thinking that SDSU/MS beats FAU is certainly not a wild opinion but def not a layup. The TP 2-3 FCS teams every year are better than about 2/3 of FBS so IMO its a relatviely even matcup as I see FAU as prob in the 40's-50's in FBS- but that is not what I said- I said they would beat every CAA team and I guess we will just never know. The receipts are all here tho..

MUHAWKS
September 3rd, 2023, 10:17 AM

....AN' ON...DUH OTHERAH HAND.............THERE'S DUH "D"..................BRAWK!

Why does nobody talk about how awful The URI defense is? Let up 42 to Georgia State!! a 4-8 team from last year! Oh but they "played" close games! URI let up 46 to awful Monmouth "last year"!! URI has no D!!-- No, instead they are thought of as a playoff team b/c they "lost close" to a ***** FBS team! talk about being emotional! But all good bro!

KPSUL
September 3rd, 2023, 10:45 AM
I mean arent most thing we all say on here an opinion? To say FAU would beat every CAA team is not THAT bold? I am probably the only one who watched every play of the game. It is just my honest take from the information I have which like everyone else's is limited. You use "last year" as a proxy which shocks me b/c you are too astute for that. You realize they have a new QB, new HC and staff, all with big time experience? They had multiple big time transfers who saw real time at legit schools. And they returned almost everyone to begin with from last years average to subpar team. They are Big, Fast and deep, have a RB that will play in the NFL, a QB with big time experience and a very talented D line. I disagree big time that we got a similar opponent (Marshall/Georgia State) based on what I saw and using YOUR analysis basing things on "last year" we beat Albany last year and URI was a 7 OT loss, so to even compare what they did against their FBS opponent to what we did makes very little sense if you are judging on "perception". I know what I saw ad FAU is a big, fast team with an experienced new HC and QB and "system" in terms of mentality. Only time will tell. and of course our season is not over- like I said I am more optimistic now! The amount of total information we have right now is too small for anyone to be "right" or "wrong" on anything..It is my opinion, I respect yours for sure.

So I watched about the same, one third, of the Monmouth, Albany, and Maine games. Although I watched the most of the 1st half of Monmouth, and more of Albany and Maine in the 2nd half as they were the closer games. I really don't have much of a opinion as to the relative strengths of Marshall vs FAU. FIU had a dismal 2022, one win and blown out in games with mediocre teams. No, the previous year's performance is not always a reliable indication, but neither is bringing in a bunch of transfers or a new coach. As often as not transfers change nothing, New coaches are a 3 edged sword (possible in 5th dimension). They occasionally turn the program around in one season. They also can fail to inspire anyone or force in a system that doesn't work with the players in place. Finally, they may need two or three seasons to get the program up to speed - in my experience that is the most common.

MUHAWKS
September 3rd, 2023, 12:55 PM
So I watched about the same, one third, of the Monmouth, Albany, and Maine games. Although I watched the most of the 1st half of Monmouth, and more of Albany and Maine in the 2nd half as they were the closer games. I really don't have much of a opinion as to the relative strengths of Marshall vs FAU. FIU had a dismal 2022, one win and blown out in games with mediocre teams. No, the previous year's performance is not always a reliable indication, but neither is bringing in a bunch of transfers or a new coach. As often as not transfers change nothing, New coaches are a 3 edged sword (possible in 5th dimension). They occasionally turn the program around in one season. They also can fail to inspire anyone or force in a system that doesn't work with the players in place. Finally, they may need two or three seasons to get the program up to speed - in my experience that is the most common.

Right, and fine, but my point is- WE BEAT ALBANY last year and We went to 7 OT with URI the game was literally as even as could be. So if we are just going to base FBS team status off of last year why even go that far, let's just look at what actually happened between said teams last year and that was Monmouth beating Albany and although losing to URI it was 7 OT which any reasonable person would call as even as it gets. Listen at the end of the day who cares, I get it- the season will play out and we will see what happens, but I saw an FAU team that looked pretty good, a middle of the pack FBS team that I think will win 7-8 games and compete. Losing by 3 scores to them and doing some decent things in the game has me optimistic. Losing in "closer" fashion to what may be worse FBS teams, even FBS teams whatever means nothing. Look at Delaware last year- We put up 49 on Villanova and won- Delaware destroyed us and it was not even close. Yet Nova beats Delaware. Let me guess "But it is a rivalry game".. This board has so many excuses and caveats it is laughable. I do not mean that against you or eve anyone in particular and it is not meant in a combative way either, this is all fun for me and although I take MU football seriously, it is not THAT big of a deal to where I would ever like get mad at someone, but there is tons of inconsistency on this board all the time and it stems from bias. I am guilty of it too at times, but I am going to at least call it out when I see it.

The FACTS are Delaware and W&M got taken to the woodshed in the FCS playoffs by FCS teams and looked horrible scoring 13 total points combined in games that meant a lot. But "Chicken" says SDSU and MS would beat FAU so it must be true!! FAU was sort of down last year so let's disregard how many serious players they have and the possibility that the new HC is legit and just the eye test b/c of last year even though last year the teams in question played even games. No, lets give Albany tons of credit for losing to a Marshall team that for all we know will be 3-8 and beating a Fordham team that is a shell of its former self. Certainly Albany must be a playoff type team! But no chance in hell FAU is way better than last year. While we are at it, Lets not talk about how the URI defense let up 42 points (the same as MU did) but instead focus on their 9th year QB keeping them in the game, so they must be good too! How many people saw Richmond losing to Morgan State? There are no real "facts" yet- Last year I was given very little credence for all the "close" calls MU had (losing to Fordham, URI, UNH, Towson and Maine) by a combined 29 pts with 2 of those being playoff teams and 3 of them being literally 1 play. No No No, it was "welcome to the CAA MU" like we got embarrassed or something.. But now we care if teams lose close games to possible crap FBS teams. Albany is a good team but I watched the whole Fordham game, some of the Marshall game and saw them last year- To say they are a playoff team as some are is laughable. They MAY indeed be but not bc they beat a Fordham team who is probably like a 60th type ranked FCS team and had a close call with an FBS. People are very emotional and quick to judge IMO. I think FAU is a god FBS team based on what I saw and would beat the entire CAA. I think Monmouth is an improved team from a team who was a few plays away from 8-9 wins. But the difference between winning/losing is sometimes just some little things so Yes we need to go off of result and result only and the facts are Albany has beaten an average FCS and lost to an FBS that we do not really know how they are. URI lost to an FBS that we are not sure about. Noe of us know anything but yet we like to use caveats that work to our advantage when making an argument. I do it at times but I am way out numbered here.

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2023, 12:58 PM
KPSUL, my game watching last night was pretty much the same as yours.

Of the 3 FBS teams, FAU had the better athletes and they looked better than Marshall to me.

Albany looked better than Monmouth, The Magic Dragon makes Albany pretty good

FIU looked horrible, I thought Maine played physical but just not good enough

Nova pounds Lehigh every year it seems and then crazy things happen

Dear William & Mary, can you put a nice beating on our friends from the Southern conference next week for bragging rights … pretty please

Delaware? Watch the Skill positions, just might be the best overall group in the CAA and they will need to be as the D is young … playing True Freshman

Dane96
September 3rd, 2023, 01:12 PM
MUHAWKS, interacted with you for many years on this board and other boards during our NEC days. Why is it that you are so angry these days, it seems a far departure from your previous years posting. Everything seems like you are trying to prove Monmouth belongs. Monmouth belongs...and everyone knows it if they understand the game of football. Lighten up a bit, you are pretty knowledgeable and likeable...just seems like you are going 150 miles an hour since your entrance into the CAA. I (and gather many) have great respect for the Monmouth program.

KPSUL
September 3rd, 2023, 01:46 PM
KPSUL, my game watching last night was pretty much the same as yours.

Of the 3 FBS teams, FAU had the better athletes and they looked better than Marshall to me.

Albany looked better than Monmouth, The Magic Dragon makes Albany pretty good

FIU looked horrible, I thought Maine played physical but just not good enough

Nova pounds Lehigh every year it seems and then crazy things happen

Dear William & Mary, can you put a nice beating on our friends from the Southern conference next week for bragging rights … pretty please

Delaware? Watch the Skill positions, just might be the best overall group in the CAA and they will need to be as the D is young … playing True Freshman

Some good points here. As far as FAU vs Marshall I don't think I've seen, or researched, either team enough to make a judgment. Of course if Marshall was playing the better CAA team, than it would seem FAU had more opportunities to look good. But being that I'm now living in the Wild and Wonderful WV myself, maybe I'm a bit bias.

In addition to W&M hosting Wofford, Campbell travels to THE Citadel this Saturday.

You don't have to talk up Delaware for my benefit, I had them 18th in the Pre-Season poll. The UNH season schedule looking tougher after weeks 0 and 1. Delaware, Albany, URI, Maine and Villanova all had + starts to their seasons.

MUHAWKS
September 3rd, 2023, 01:51 PM
MUHAWKS, interacted with you for many years on this board and other boards during our NEC days. Why is it that you are so angry these days, it seems a far departure from your previous years posting. Everything seems like you are trying to prove Monmouth belongs. Monmouth belongs...and everyone knows it if they understand the game of football. Lighten up a bit, you are pretty knowledgeable and likeable...just seems like you are going 150 miles an hour since your entrance into the CAA. I (and gather many) have great respect for the Monmouth program.

Why dont you GFY...

Haha JOKING!! Love it- good post, well said...My bad man, It is not intended that way at all! text/email/forums a bad venue to gage true emotion and meaning. I am def not angry, just a loser when it comes to this b/c I put Monmouth Football way way up there on my list- greater than any pro team ever, more important than pretty much anything sans family/work. Yes I am trying to prove we belong. Not that anything said/done on this board matters enough to change that but in the FCS the "starting point" matters tons. Start out ranked 10th and after 4 weeks u are 2-2 and you are one win away from being one win away from being ranked. Start out nowhere and after 4 weeks are 3-1, you are at best RV. I HATE "perception is reality"... We got zero respect for anything we did in the Big South b/c the CAA guys thought it was NEC 2.0- But Campbell goes out and looks pretty good against the CAA best and it was like "wow"!! But that is the Camels we faced and routinely beat. Monmouth's claim to fame "beating Kennesaw once"- I have heard- I mean I am def not the one who ranked KSU routinely in the top 5-10 here every week (and we beat them 2 x by a lot) . Lose to Sam Houston by 1 score while driving to win and it is an after thought bc was Spring season, but you guys "almost " beat Marshall and people are talking playoffs after being 3-8 last year! I have to do everything I can to bring awareness LOL-- I agree that some have respect for us and frankly I do not care what people think b/c in the end MU has to prove it with wins, but "you cannot get halfway pregnant" you know? Either losing close games matter or they do not. We lost 4 games last year by a few plays to Fordham, UNH, URI and Towson, all teams with winning records, 2 playoff teams and 1 who was on the bubble. The Maine loss we played our worst game of the year other than Delaware and still had a shot. We bring everyone back who matters (replaced QB- up for debate) added some transfers who fill huge voids at key positions, have a new DC and defense in general, and we will have to get tp 6-1 before anyone eve cares, I guarantee it. Yet somehow I see you guys being RV close to ranked this week. Same for URI. And why? I saw it with Kennesaw too often, they were raked ahead of us AFTER we beat them!! So that is a bit where it comes from Dane, but I promise you it is not meant to be combative, rude or in any way like that dosh kennesaw had on here.

For the record, I root for ALL CAA teams every week when we do not play, I like and respect the Albany program, am always nervous to play you. No grudges or ill will here maybe I suck at writing? I also drink a lot of coffee. IDK..but thanks for chiming in..I am really hoping that last game of season in cold November Albany weather is for the playoffs for both of us.. I love that trip for some reason- brings back memories when I went to HVCC prior to MU! Have some other good Mu/Albany memories too from the NEC.. peace.

KPSUL
September 3rd, 2023, 02:03 PM
FAMU vs Jackson State game about to start, could be a good one.

Another HBCU game on ESPN; meanwhile the CAA is keeping a low profile on Flo.

MUHAWKS
September 3rd, 2023, 02:08 PM

Just a couple small examples other than albany/URI-- Richmond started top 20, lose a game they should never lose- will go to 0-2 after Michigan State most likely- will then pounce on Delaware State and Stony Brook and probably be right there around 25th or high RV whereas we could be 3-1 (not saying we will be) but if we were, will be below them, 100%. Fordham- loses to you guys, beats Wagner who is bad, and will still be right there in top top 30 ish. Play FBS after so will get "benefit of doubt" in loss and be 1-2 and still prob in top 40. Thene they play freaking stonehill, Gtown, Lehigh, Stony Brook! They will most likely be 5-2 heading into the HC game and right there in the top 30!! ALL b//C OF RECENCY BIAS.. Yet we will have to work wonders to even get near them with the same record if we do with a much harder schedule. And it def matters. Perception is reality and come committee time for at large all this stuff matters..

The Cats
September 3rd, 2023, 02:10 PM

It has nothing to do with anything, just thought it was interesting to compare an old WCU logo to this, Dog meet what we called, Huggy Cat (used around 2004 thru 2008).

https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/35/2724/full/western_carolina_catamounts_logo_primary_20032480. png

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2023, 02:29 PM
Why dont you GFY...

Haha JOKING!! Love it- good post, well said...My bad man, It is not intended that way at all! text/email/forums a bad venue to gage true emotion and meaning. I am def not angry, just a loser when it comes to this b/c I put Monmouth Football way way up there on my list- greater than any pro team ever, more important than pretty much anything sans family/work. Yes I am trying to prove we belong. Not that anything said/done on this board matters enough to change that but in the FCS the "starting point" matters tons. Start out ranked 10th and after 4 weeks u are 2-2 and you are one win away from being one win away from being ranked. Start out nowhere and after 4 weeks are 3-1, you are at best RV. I HATE "perception is reality"... We got zero respect for anything we did in the Big South b/c the CAA guys thought it was NEC 2.0- But Campbell goes out and looks pretty good against the CAA best and it was like "wow"!! But that is the Camels we faced and routinely beat. Monmouth's claim to fame "beating Kennesaw once"- I have heard- I mean I am def not the one who ranked KSU routinely in the top 5-10 here every week (and we beat them 2 x by a lot) . Lose to Sam Houston by 1 score while driving to win and it is an after thought bc was Spring season, but you guys "almost " beat Marshall and people are talking playoffs after being 3-8 last year! I have to do everything I can to bring awareness LOL-- I agree that some have respect for us and frankly I do not care what people think b/c in the end MU has to prove it with wins, but "you cannot get halfway pregnant" you know? Either losing close games matter or they do not. We lost 4 games last year by a few plays to Fordham, UNH, URI and Towson, all teams with winning records, 2 playoff teams and 1 who was on the bubble. The Maine loss we played our worst game of the year other than Delaware and still had a shot. We bring everyone back who matters (replaced QB- up for debate) added some transfers who fill huge voids at key positions, have a new DC and defense in general, and we will have to get tp 6-1 before anyone eve cares, I guarantee it. Yet somehow I see you guys being RV close to ranked this week. Same for URI. And why? I saw it with Kennesaw too often, they were raked ahead of us AFTER we beat them!! So that is a bit where it comes from Dane, but I promise you it is not meant to be combative, rude or in any way like that dosh kennesaw had on here.

For the record, I root for ALL CAA teams every week when we do not play, I like and respect the Albany program, am always nervous to play you. No grudges or ill will here maybe I suck at writing? I also drink a lot of coffee. IDK..but thanks for chiming in..I am really hoping that last game of season in cold November Albany weather is for the playoffs for both of us.. I love that trip for some reason- brings back memories when I went to HVCC prior to MU! Have some other good Mu/Albany memories too from the NEC.. peace.

Are you mad Bro?

ha just kidding, you didn’t seem mad to me and probably one of the most “real” persons on here

I love your love for Monmouth football, I just don’t love Monmouth football and you will be reminded frequently

MR. CHICKEN
September 3rd, 2023, 02:30 PM
Just a couple small examples other than albany/URI-- Richmond started top 20, lose a game they should never lose- will go to 0-2 after Michigan State most likely- will then pounce on Delaware State and Stony Brook and probably be right there around 25th or high RV whereas we could be 3-1 (not saying we will be) but if we were, will be below them, 100%. Fordham- loses to you guys, beats Wagner who is bad, and will still be right there in top top 30 ish. Play FBS after so will get "benefit of doubt" in loss and be 1-2 and still prob in top 40. Thene they play freaking stonehill, Gtown, Lehigh, Stony Brook! They will most likely be 5-2 heading into the HC game and right there in the top 30!! ALL b//C OF RECENCY BIAS.. Yet we will have to work wonders to even get near them with the same record if we do with a much harder schedule. And it def matters. Perception is reality and come committee time for at large all this stuff matters..

...AH DOUBT....ARACHNIDS.....WILL EVEN BE IN POLL DIS WEEK........BUT DUDE.....YER MOPIN'....ALL OVERAH DUH THREADS.....POOR HAWKS DON'T GET FAIR SHAKE.......JUST WIN...IT'LL TAKE CARE O' ITSELF......PLENTY UH TOP 25'ers....WILL GET LOSSES.....ALOT UH THESE TEAMS WILL CANNIBALIZE......LISTEN TO YER ALBANY PAL.......AWK!

ps......ONE MO' WORD UH ADVICE......"DECAF".............BRAWK!

ps/ps....PENN STATE....HARDLY OVER-RATED...DEY'RE 8th IN DUH LAND......WHIFF TWO UH BEST RECRUITIN' CLASSES...IN LAST 5 YEARS........C'MON MAN!

ps/ps/ps....GET UH COPY UH ATHLON/LINDYS....STUDY UP.......DOODLE-DOO!

WestCoastAggie
September 3rd, 2023, 03:48 PM
It has nothing to do with anything, just thought it was interesting to compare an old WCU logo to this, Dog meet what we called, Huggy Cat (used around 2004 thru 2008).

https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/35/2724/full/western_carolina_catamounts_logo_primary_20032480. png

Word is both schools might have used the same designer back in the day. We mostly use the head and the interlocked A&T nowadays.

MUHAWKS
September 3rd, 2023, 07:12 PM
KPSUL- am i making this up or did i read in a prior post you live in west virginia? or was it another unh fan? or have i lost mind

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2023, 08:22 PM
Some good points here. As far as FAU vs Marshall I don't think I've seen, or researched, either team enough to make a judgment. Of course if Marshall was playing the better CAA team, than it would seem FAU had more opportunities to look good. But being that I'm now living in the Wild and Wonderful WV myself, maybe I'm a bit bias.

In addition to W&M hosting Wofford, Campbell travels to THE Citadel this Saturday.

You don't have to talk up Delaware for my benefit, I had them 18th in the Pre-Season poll. The UNH season schedule looking tougher after weeks 0 and 1. Delaware, Albany, URI, Maine and Villanova all had + starts to their seasons.

I really wasn’t talking them up for you, others read this stuff ya know.

I think they now have a great group of skill positions players. Have I said that yet? I cannot say it enough.

The Defense is the big question mark. The Stony Brook game was a good warm up. I think the Stoners are really bad so despite only giving up 13 points, I would say the better teams in the CAA are going to give the Delaware some big problems starting with Jiffy Laube…. Game might be a track meet type of game and thank goodness we don’t have a track

KPSUL
September 3rd, 2023, 08:32 PM
KPSUL- am i making this up or did i read in a prior post you live in west virginia? or was it another unh fan? or have i lost mind

Yep, I live in Mercer County, WV. I buy season tickets to UNH and also plan on going to the Delaware and Monmouth games on the road, as well as any playoff games after the 1st Round. I fly out of Charlotte which is a little less than 3 hours from my home. The Delaware game is the only one I'll drive to.
I used to live in VA, 30 mins from JMU, and I'd go to 11 FCS games a year including UNH home games, usually more including UNH and JMU playoff games.

MUHAWKS
September 3rd, 2023, 08:43 PM
Yep, I live in Mercer County, WV. I buy season tickets to UNH and also plan on going to the Delaware and Monmouth games on the road, as well as any playoff games after the 1st Round. I fly out of Charlotte which is a little less than 3 hours from my home. The Delaware game is the only one I'll drive to.
I used to live in VA, 30 mins from JMU, and I'd go to 11 FCS games a year including UNH home games, usually more including UNH and JMU playoff games.

yep THAT is exactly why I asked b/c I recall you saying all the games you go to. So you also have a "good sickness" and I love it!! Did you play there? Go there? Where does the loyalty come from that is a lot of time and $$ to follow a team. I am down with it 100% just curious. (also part of my trying to be more human program that Dane 96 suggested)...

KPSUL
September 3rd, 2023, 09:06 PM
yep THAT is exactly why I asked b/c I recall you saying all the games you go to. So you also have a "good sickness" and I love it!! Did you play there? Go there? Where does the loyalty come from that is a lot of time and $$ to follow a team. I am down with it 100% just curious. (also part of my trying to be more human program that Dane 96 suggested)...

I graduated from UNH and later got a graduate degree 15 years later. I didn't play football at UNH. The majority of games I've gone to in the past 12 years were UNH games, but when I lived in VA I went to a lot of other games - mainly at JMU's Bridgeforth Stadium. I'm pretty sure I went to the Monmouth game @ JMU in 2019 since UNH was not in the playoffs that year. I know I went to a Monmouth @ Liberty game about 8 years ago(you guys won) - I'd always go to one Liberty game a year - when they were FCS. I went to the last JMU FCS home playoff game in 2021, vs Montana.

We can chat more about this before the UNH @ Monmouth game later this season.

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2023, 09:18 PM
I graduated from UNH and later got a graduate degree 15 years later. I didn't play football at UNH. The majority of games I've gone to in the past 12 years were UNH games, but when I lived in VA I went to a lot of other games - mainly at JMU's Bridgeforth Stadium. I'm pretty sure I went to the Monmouth game @ JMU in 2019 since UNH was not in the playoffs that year. I know I went to a Monmouth @ Liberty game about 8 years ago(you guys won) - I'd always go to one Liberty game a year - when they were FCS. I went to the last JMU FCS home playoff game in 2021, vs Montana.

We can chat more about this before the UNH @ Monmouth game later this season.

are you hooking up with MUHAWKS at the Monmouth game?

MUHAWKS
September 4th, 2023, 09:34 PM
are you hooking up with MUHAWKS at the Monmouth game?

May as well right? I am always there so if someone travels like that I def want to meet them! Downside is it is 12 noon start- but I have cut down on my beer intake pre game anyway- used to get ***** faced but end up just being tired and eating too much after and then having to drive. I have passes to our "in stadium" club where they do pre game and half time food/drinks - it is mid level ad they usually do a decent job, but with noon start and last home game I have feeling maybe not. That invitation is available to anyone here who comes to an MU games.

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2023, 09:56 PM
May as well right? I am always there so if someone travels like that I def want to meet them! Downside is it is 12 noon start- but I have cut down on my beer intake pre game anyway- used to get ***** faced but end up just being tired and eating too much after and then having to drive. I have passes to our "in stadium" club where they do pre game and half time food/drinks - it is mid level ad they usually do a decent job, but with noon start and last home game I have feeling maybe not. That invitation is available to anyone here who comes to an MU games.

Good stuff and thanks

Sober is the real high, put the cerveza down MUHAWKS….. less bathroom time and more game watching

MUHAWKS
September 4th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Good stuff and thanks

Sober is the real high, put the cerveza down MUHAWKS….. less bathroom time and more game watching

Those are facts- Of course there is always a time and place but def not needed anymore- funny story- we played URI at their place opening week 2008. I took my then girlfriend and Mom up there for a little Newport BS day and then the game. There was a big MU contingent up there and I drank a lot and had the small shot bottles in pocket for stands. Ended up being a good close game although 3 pt loss for the good guys. Late in game I was at the far end of the visitor side up in the stands and I am a loud guy at games. Some New England loser kept pointing at me and my boy (had left Mom and girl in the 1Q to sit with the crew) and he was yelling "d-2 garbage" like real prik.Swearing at me, so Im like wait right there Ill be down say it to my face (I was about 240 lbs in still in college shape and hammered).. Well two cops meet me and I am telling you they were worse than this dude- Wouldn'tlet me talk, Im like sir this guy is pointing and swearing at me in front of kids, I am just coming to see whats up. I will ever forget it- Was Labor day w/e and he goes" one more word and you wont be heading back to Jersey until Tuesday"... So even hammered I am not dumb and that guy stood there and laughed at me, kept talking smack and the cops did nothing. I later say the guy laughing with the cops, so was total hometown jam job. Needless to say my Mom drove back to the Hotel. Took a small nap and ate 2 steaks at The Capital Grille in Providence I think.. But yeah I kind of like the feeling of not being hung over at 4 pm anymore..Although I will say being able to buy beer at the Delaware game last year was cool. I thin I ate 5 slices of that pizza and a chick filet sandwich too..

KPSUL
September 4th, 2023, 10:48 PM

Sounds good, we'll definitely make a point to meet one another. I have met several AGS members at away games. I'll likely be tailgating with the UNH contingent - that far from home, mainly family and friends of players, but I enjoy meeting fans from other teams as well.

MUHAWKS
September 4th, 2023, 10:59 PM
Sounds good, we'll definitely make a point to meet one another. I have met several AGS members at away games. I'll likely be tailgating with the UNH contingent - that far from home, mainly family and friends of players, but I enjoy meeting fans from other teams as well.

UNH may have as many fans there as us-- a true shame.. I never understood it. Most HS football down there is Friday night and we are not in comp with Rutgers. How can only 2k fans come to watch a decent college team. We have made the playoffs 3 times in last 6 years, have had several guys on NFL teams and a few more in Canada, play a decent schedule and "the only game in town"... Student turnout is even worse. I, along with another alumni are pushing for lights and night games although think that would only entice students since then we WOULD be in comp with HS's...It is REALLY disappointing. Not sure if you have ever been to Monmouth but the campus is beautiful and clean, it is less than 1 mile from the real beach, and campus sneaks up on you in the middle of just a regular town. Yet gameday is a joke. There is ample and I mean AMPLE tailgating space all within at most a 400 yard walk to the "stadium". There are even 2 "sides"- 1 side where I park which is all MU people and the other huge lot where out of town teams set up shop. When Monmouth basketball had their 2 REalLY good years winning 25+ games both years and beating Rutgers, Notre Dame, Memphis, UCLA, Georgetown among others (lost in conf finals both times and no at large) almost every game was sold out, about 4,000 in what I consider one of the best and most intimate mid major arena around.. So there was a demand for hoops when we were good but Football no. Even the Holy Cross home game was barely full. I wish I knew how to improve it- more of a wine and cheese crowd too for the ones actually there. Not that anyone here would give away any advice as it would only help us but some thoughts were- get a marching band as opposed to the pep band in the stands, get an alcohol license, change PA announcers and get food trucks and the like.. It is one of the reasons we only have 1 side which aesthetically sucks. Rant ovah.

UNHWildcat18
September 5th, 2023, 06:26 AM
UNH may have as many fans there as us-- a true shame.. I never understood it. Most HS football down there is Friday night and we are not in comp with Rutgers. How can only 2k fans come to watch a decent college team. We have made the playoffs 3 times in last 6 years, have had several guys on NFL teams and a few more in Canada, play a decent schedule and "the only game in town"... Student turnout is even worse. I, along with another alumni are pushing for lights and night games although think that would only entice students since then we WOULD be in comp with HS's...It is REALLY disappointing. Not sure if you have ever been to Monmouth but the campus is beautiful and clean, it is less than 1 mile from the real beach, and campus sneaks up on you in the middle of just a regular town. Yet gameday is a joke. There is ample and I mean AMPLE tailgating space all within at most a 400 yard walk to the "stadium". There are even 2 "sides"- 1 side where I park which is all MU people and the other huge lot where out of town teams set up shop. When Monmouth basketball had their 2 REalLY good years winning 25+ games both years and beating Rutgers, Notre Dame, Memphis, UCLA, Georgetown among others (lost in conf finals both times and no at large) almost every game was sold out, about 4,000 in what I consider one of the best and most intimate mid major arena around.. So there was a demand for hoops when we were good but Football no. Even the Holy Cross home game was barely full. I wish I knew how to improve it- more of a wine and cheese crowd too for the ones actually there. Not that anyone here would give away any advice as it would only help us but some thoughts were- get a marching band as opposed to the pep band in the stands, get an alcohol license, change PA announcers and get food trucks and the like.. It is one of the reasons we only have 1 side which aesthetically sucks. Rant ovah.

I admit I’m pretty overall disappointed in the attendance of the new comers since last year. Monmouth and Hampton were both bad, even Campbell had a disappointing showing against W&M. Will be telling what each of the 4 schools have the rest of the season. I feel like NCA&T is gonna be the only one to really have a good showing all season.

I think UNH is in for a great year of attendance.

Sitting Bull
September 5th, 2023, 07:20 AM
I admit I’m pretty overall disappointed in the attendance of the new comers since last year. Monmouth and Hampton were both bad, even Campbell had a disappointing showing against W&M. Will be telling what each of the 4 schools have the rest of the season. I feel like NCA&T is gonna be the only one to really have a good showing all season.

I think UNH is in for a great year of attendance.

I think Campbell has a base. The crowd was about 85% capacity on a Thursday night just after a hurricane swept through. I think they actually average near 100% capacity, that’s pre CAA. Nothing but growth down there.

I don’t know if anyone noticed the size of the Elon contingent at Wake Forest. It was quite impressive.

I agree overall assessment. The league is building some nice fan bases.

UNHWildcat18
September 5th, 2023, 07:40 AM
I think Campbell has a base. The crowd was about 85% capacity on a Thursday night just after a hurricane swept through. I think they actually average near 100% capacity, that’s pre CAA. Nothing but growth down there.

I don’t know if anyone noticed the size of the Elon contingent at Wake Forest. It was quite impressive.

I agree overall assessment. The league is building some nice fan bases.

Forgot the game was a Thursday. I have to agree with you, Elon travels very well. I was very impressed with how many fans showed for the game last year at UNH.

ElonFirefighter
September 5th, 2023, 08:49 AM
Forgot the game was a Thursday. I have to agree with you, Elon travels very well. I was very impressed with how many fans showed for the game last year at UNH.

Elon has a unique fanbase. Until around 2000 we were more of a local "NC biased school" so a lot of older alumni live in the area. So we travel very heavy to ACC games. After that we became more of an international school, very heavy on the East coast. This was one reason for the move from the SoCon(Local) to the CAA(Coastal). At the same time our enrollment grew. This lead to the spread of alumni between the two groups to being similar in size.

FUBeAR
September 5th, 2023, 09:39 AM
Elon has a unique fanbase. Until around 2000 we were more of a local "NC biased school" so a lot of older alumni live in the area. So we travel very heavy to ACC games. After that we became more of an international school, very heavy on the East coast. This was one reason for the move from the SoCon(Local) to the CAA(Coastal). At the same time our enrollment grew. This lead to the spread of alumni between the two groups to being similar in size.
So...when did y'all become the Formerly Fightin' Former Christians?

International, huh? To FUBeAR, you'll always be that small NAIA college, with a pretty good Football program, over there in Alamance County, just past Burlington.

KPSUL
September 5th, 2023, 09:51 AM

International, huh? To FUBeAR, you'll always be that small NAIA college, with a pretty good Football program, over there in Alamance County, just past Burlington.

US News Ranking, National Universities (out of 443 Universities):

Furman #45
Elon #89
Mercer #166

ElonFirefighter
September 5th, 2023, 12:29 PM

99-00. By international I was referring to our student base. As far as recruiting early 2000's we started looking outside a homegrown state. You are correct with two national titles we were pretty good. As a NC native I miss our days in the SoCon, as apparently you do with your pick for us to beat Wake. We may no longer be a fighting Christian, but you will always be Furman University Christian Knights. BYW I always like that

MUHAWKS
September 5th, 2023, 03:23 PM
LOL on this email...

Hey there!

We want to ask you a few questions about your experience using FloFootball. We will use this feedback to improve our offerings so we can better show your sport the love it deserves.

This survey will take about five minutes to complete, and we truly value your feedback.

Thank you!

Click Here (https://flosports.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8ImjZ2dZlk3hGMm?Q_DL=H4J0bmx9quxMihc_8ImjZ2dZlk 3hGMm_CTR_29mFaoWwftW9LV8&Q_CHL=email) to start the survey
Opt Out (https://flosports.qualtrics.com/CP/Register.php?OptOut=true&RID=CTR_29mFaoWwftW9LV8&LID=UR_5o5gAScrZ6BcCaO&DID=EMD_H4J0bmx9quxMihc&CLID=BT_3kIl4ZHtDzkTDj0&BT=Zmxvc3BvcnRz&_=1)

This is an automatically generated email. Please do not "Reply" to this invitation.https://ecp.yusercontent.com/mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fflosports.qualtrics.com%2FW RQualtricsContacts%2FWatermark.php%3FUID%3DUR_5o5g AScrZ6BcCaO%26EMD%3DEMD_H4J0bmx9quxMihc%26CGC%3DCT R_29mFaoWwftW9LV8%26SV%3DSV_8ImjZ2dZlk3hGMm&t=1693945308&ymreqid=0b60b2b0-7f17-c56a-1cfb-aa0008010d00&sig=W5cUGOU0Vgt_euDkPNI9yw--~D

caribbeanhen
September 5th, 2023, 04:29 PM
LOL on this email...

Hey there!

We want to ask you a few questions about your experience using FloFootball. We will use this feedback to improve our offerings so we can better show your sport the love it deserves.

This survey will take about five minutes to complete, and we truly value your feedback.

Thank you!

Click Here (https://flosports.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8ImjZ2dZlk3hGMm?Q_DL=H4J0bmx9quxMihc_8ImjZ2dZlk 3hGMm_CTR_29mFaoWwftW9LV8&Q_CHL=email) to start the survey
Opt Out (https://flosports.qualtrics.com/CP/Register.php?OptOut=true&RID=CTR_29mFaoWwftW9LV8&LID=UR_5o5gAScrZ6BcCaO&DID=EMD_H4J0bmx9quxMihc&CLID=BT_3kIl4ZHtDzkTDj0&BT=Zmxvc3BvcnRz&_=1)

This is an automatically generated email. Please do not "Reply" to this invitation.https://ecp.yusercontent.com/mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fflosports.qualtrics.com%2FW RQualtricsContacts%2FWatermark.php%3FUID%3DUR_5o5g AScrZ6BcCaO%26EMD%3DEMD_H4J0bmx9quxMihc%26CGC%3DCT R_29mFaoWwftW9LV8%26SV%3DSV_8ImjZ2dZlk3hGMm&t=1693945308&ymreqid=0b60b2b0-7f17-c56a-1cfb-aa0008010d00&sig=W5cUGOU0Vgt_euDkPNI9yw--~D

Hire Mr Chicken and MUHAWKS as announcers

MUHAWKS
September 5th, 2023, 10:29 PM

Honestly I thought the CAA would leverage Monmouth's arrival and relationship with ESPN to make the switch. I know enough has been said about the topic and it is what it is but really just puzzling, but whatever. I tried to watch SB/Delaware on one screen, Campbell/W&M on another and I had Elon/Wake on another- the latter being ESPN and it Flo wet out at least 6 times and then I saw the game was "behind" the actual game, like I was watching stuff that had happened 7 minutes prior. I have 4 large screens for trading with Bloomberg and like 4 other programs and have great speed NEVER an issue- so I decided to put 3 ESPN + games on at same time this w/e ad it was perfect, no flaws, no hiccups. Just totally bizarre.

caribbeanhen
September 6th, 2023, 07:07 AM
Honestly I thought the CAA would leverage Monmouth's arrival and relationship with ESPN to make the switch. I know enough has been said about the topic and it is what it is but really just puzzling, but whatever. I tried to watch SB/Delaware on one screen, Campbell/W&M on another and I had Elon/Wake on another- the latter being ESPN and it Flo wet out at least 6 times and then I saw the game was "behind" the actual game, like I was watching stuff that had happened 7 minutes prior. I have 4 large screens for trading with Bloomberg and like 4 other programs and have great speed NEVER an issue- so I decided to put 3 ESPN + games on at same time this w/e ad it was perfect, no flaws, no hiccups. Just totally bizarre.

He was a day trader
one way lotto ticket yea

It took me so long
to find out
I found out

Inset famous guitar riff

rhowdyram
September 6th, 2023, 08:57 AM
Updated Massey standings:

1. Delaware 8-0
2. Villanova 7-1 (1-0 vs. other 7-1 teams)
3. William & Mary 7-1
4. Rhode Island 7-1 (0-1 vs. other 7-1 teams)
5. Richmond 6-2
6. Elon 5-3 (higher ranked than UNH)
7. New Hampshire 5-3
8. Albany 4-4
9. Monmouth 3-5
10. Towson 2-6 (1-0 vs other 2-6 teams)
11. NC A&T 2-6 (1-1 vs. other 2-6 teams, projected to beat Campbell)
12. Campbell 2-6 (1-1 vs. other 2-6 teams)
13. Maine 2-6 (0-1 vs. other 2-6 teams)
14. Stony Brook 0-8 (higher ranked than Hampton by Massey)
15. Hampton 0-8

KPSUL
September 6th, 2023, 09:11 AM

1. Delaware 8-0
3. William & Mary 7-1
5. Richmond 6-2
7. New Hampshire 5-3
8. Albany 4-4
9. Monmouth 3-5
15. Hampton 0-8

I wouldn't recommend making your playoff travel plans yet, based on a Massey early season projection.

rhowdyram
September 6th, 2023, 09:14 AM
I'm certainly not. I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic though. I'm more interested in the trends than anything else.

rhowdyram
September 6th, 2023, 09:22 AM
No changes in the two deep from last week for us.

https://gorhody.com/documents/2023/9/6/URIFootballNotes_G02.pdf

I was pretty interested going into the opener about the running back position because it was kind of a surprise how they were ranked. In terms of carries in week 1, Gabe Sloat, listed RB 1, got 8 carries; Jaden Griffin, RB 2, got 1; Deon Silas, transfer from Iowa State got 10; and Ja'Den McKenzie, transfer from West Chester, got 1. It seems like the two-deep at RB is just a suggestion so far and that we'll be going with the hot hand during each game and game to game.

MR. CHICKEN
September 6th, 2023, 10:32 AM

....VERAH FEW WOOD...UNDERSTAND ME..&...DUH HAWK....MIGHT SMACK ME....WHIFF HIS MIKE......BRAWK!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 6th, 2023, 01:43 PM

I think you will find many on this forum who have that "good sickness"!!! Probably topic for another thread but I"d love to see if anyone has seen his team play at more venues and in more states than Tribe4SF. As for me I've attended UNH Football games at 49 venues in 26 states. Just notched a new venue last week at Stonehill and plan for another at Monmouth in November. I plan to be at Monmouth with 3-4 alum friends, two from NH and the 1-2 from South Joisey as well as KPSUL. I'll be at Delaware with another alum friend from PA and KPSUL as well as catching up with Henfan, a former AGS participant. I'm guestimating that I've attended at least 85-90% of UNH's games starting in the 2004 season. Plan to attend 10 of 11 this year.

I really ramped up my attending games in the early 2000's when I first joined FCS Message Boards and saw how other fans traveled to follow their team. I've enjoyed many tailgates with members of this community. I'm a little older than KPSUL. I started at UNH in the Fall of 1968 and still recall upperclassmen in the dorm saying if you don't go home for the weekend, you're EXPECTED to attend the football game. Not that I had to have my arm twisted, attending games back then was a norm.

ElonFirefighter
September 6th, 2023, 04:35 PM
I
I really ramped up my attending games in the early 2000's when I first joined FCS Message Boards and saw how other fans traveled to follow their team.

Back then where they still using corkboard and thumbtacks????

MUHAWKS
September 6th, 2023, 09:34 PM
I think you will find many on this forum who have that "good sickness"!!! Probably topic for another thread but I"d love to see if anyone has seen his team play at more venues and in more states than Tribe4SF. As for me I've attended UNH Football games at 49 venues in 26 states. Just notched a new venue last week at Stonehill and plan for another at Monmouth in November. I plan to be at Monmouth with 3-4 alum friends, two from NH and the 1-2 from South Joisey as well as KPSUL. I'll be at Delaware with another alum friend from PA and KPSUL as well as catching up with Henfan, a former AGS participant. I'm guestimating that I've attended at least 85-90% of UNH's games starting in the 2004 season. Plan to attend 10 of 11 this year.

I really ramped up my attending games in the early 2000's when I first joined FCS Message Boards and saw how other fans traveled to follow their team. I've enjoyed many tailgates with members of this community. I'm a little older than KPSUL. I started at UNH in the Fall of 1968 and still recall upperclassmen in the dorm saying if you don't go home for the weekend, you're EXPECTED to attend the football game. Not that I had to have my arm twisted, attending games back then was a norm.

Great stuff!- anything you need as the date approaches, just message me. You guys are old enough to be My Dad and that is if you started late! Ha ha I am playing around- ow you have me thinking about the venues. 26 states and 49 venues is a ton. I am going to guess I have seen Monmouth at about 35-40 different venues. Every old NEC site (7), all the Patriot league sites sans Georgetown(6), 7 current CAA sites, 3 Big south sites, 2 IVY, plus a bunch of weird places like CW Post, Old Dominion, Jacksonville, St. Johns (RIP), St.Peters (RIP), Lasalle (RIP), Iona (RIP), Kent State, Delaware State, JMU and I may be missing a few. The ones I regret not going to the most- Montana and Montana State, Northern Iowa, Central and Eastern Michigan, Coastal Carolina, Liberty and Kennesaw.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 8th, 2023, 11:07 AM
Great stuff!- anything you need as the date approaches, just message me. You guys are old enough to be My Dad and that is if you started late! Ha ha I am playing around- ow you have me thinking about the venues. 26 states and 49 venues is a ton. I am going to guess I have seen Monmouth at about 35-40 different venues. Every old NEC site (7), all the Patriot league sites sans Georgetown(6), 7 current CAA sites, 3 Big south sites, 2 IVY, plus a bunch of weird places like CW Post, Old Dominion, Jacksonville, St. Johns (RIP), St.Peters (RIP), Lasalle (RIP), Iona (RIP), Kent State, Delaware State, JMU and I may be missing a few. The ones I regret not going to the most- Montana and Montana State, Northern Iowa, Central and Eastern Michigan, Coastal Carolina, Liberty and Kennesaw.

Write them down now while you're young! I created a spreadsheet one winter a few years ago and it really tested my memory. I have a couple of places I think I went to but couldn't recall for sure and had nothing I could find to validate it. Luckily, I have a pretty good memory and had some stuff in a scrapbook from the 70's that helped me build my list.

I've been lucky that UNH has made the playoffs often and I could travel -- GA Southern, Hampton, Northern Iowa (2), Southern Illinois, Villanova, Bethune-Cookman, Delaware, Wofford, SE Louisiana, Central Arkansas, South Dakota State and Holy Cross. And able to travel to FBS gamnes -- Rutgers, Northwestern, Army, Ball State, Pitt (2), Toledo (2), Minnesota, Central Michigan, San Jose State, San Diego State, Colorado and Florida International. Had the foresight to go to games at GA State and ODU during their brief stay in the CAA. Didn't see Vermont dropping football so I missed out on a state that is now virtually impossible to notch without a huge change to the college football world.

My biggest mistake and loss was not going to Marshall. I checked flights but didn't make a reservation. I booked a hotel and when I went back to reserve a flight a couple of weeks later, they were booked solid. And I wasn't then a savvy enough traveler then to book a reasonably nearby location and drive to Huntington from there. For example, I flew into St. Louis and drove 5.5 hours to UNI which was significantly less expensive than flying into Iowa or even Minneapolis. And I didn't have enough of a window to drive to WV.

rhowdyram
September 8th, 2023, 11:42 AM
There's two ways online I've found to track games online. One is the AC Memento app. It started up about two months ago so you can only go back to the 2013 college football season as of now, but they're adding past seasons for different leagues at a pretty good clip. The other is sportslogbook.com. They have more US leagues for checking in and it's easy to add stuff that they don't already have on their site.

WestCoastAggie
September 8th, 2023, 12:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/live/cAEq5Py4gXI?si=EXdd8qw5NxDVSKas

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2023, 02:13 PM
There's two ways online I've found to track games online. One is the AC Memento app. It started up about two months ago so you can only go back to the 2013 college football season as of now, but they're adding past seasons for different leagues at a pretty good clip. The other is sportslogbook.com. They have more US leagues for checking in and it's easy to add stuff that they don't already have on their site.

for tracking historical games / seasons the Massey site works nice

https://masseyratings.com/cf1985/6516

in 3 seconds I can see Rhode opened the 1985 season losing to Delaware and didn’t lose again until first round of playoffs against Furman

I think you’ll roll The Stoners tonight, they stink

rhowdyram
September 8th, 2023, 02:19 PM
Sorry, I was talking about tracking games you've attended in person.

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2023, 02:58 PM
Sorry, I was talking about tracking games you've attended in person.

gotcha but it can still work if you know the approximate year or who the game was against but I’m sure whatever you’re talking about will work to

WestCoastAggie
September 9th, 2023, 07:37 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/game-penn-state-looming-potential-083523551.html

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2023, 07:48 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/game-penn-state-looming-potential-083523551.html

Delaware still doesn’t have a place to go but the Tuxedo is coming out of the closet

the Big development is the old stuffy codgers on the BoT have given the thumbs up on exploring the move to FBS

The MAC is getting some attention from the fans anyway as the most viable option including UMass in a package deal

Sitting Bull
September 9th, 2023, 08:14 AM
The recap from the URI game looks like the enthusiasm is getting reignited in Kingston. Great to see URI creating some excitement.

Sitting Bull
September 9th, 2023, 08:19 AM
Delaware still doesn’t have a place to go but the Tuxedo is coming out of the closet

the Big development is the old stuffy codgers on the BoT have given the thumbs up on exploring the move to FBS

The MAC is getting some attention from the fans anyway as the most viable option including UMass in a package deal

There will always be those who want to be bigger but the winner out of this seems to be UMass. It’s like a program that made a huge mistake begging for a partner to bail them out. I don’t think it’s a bad move for Delaware but it’s hard to see how this is some great shift for fans or the full sports program.

You’ll have to create a new board, Any Given Tuesday Night.

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2023, 08:55 AM
There will always be those who want to be bigger but the winner out of this seems to be UMass. It’s like a program that made a huge mistake begging for a partner to bail them out. I don’t think it’s a bad move for Delaware but it’s hard to see how this is some great shift for fans or the full sports program.

haha good one

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2023, 08:57 AM
The recap from the URI game looks like the enthusiasm is getting reignited in Kingston. Great to see URI creating some excitement.

Yes and take anything you see in a Stony Brook game with a grain of salt, they are a mess

MR. CHICKEN
September 9th, 2023, 09:06 AM

....TWOSDAY/WEDNESDAY EVENIN'S....WILL NOT BE FUN....IN NOVEMBER......BUT WHAA NOT ADD UCONN & DUH PENGUINS.....TOO.......AWK?

....NEWARK IGNORED DUH BISONSSSSS......ON UH NICE SATURDAY........CAIN'T WAIT FO' CHILLY DRIZZLE........DURIN' DUH WEEK........BAWK!

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2023, 09:15 AM
....TWOSDAY/WEDNESDAY EVENIN'S....WILL NOT BE FUN....IN NOVEMBER......BUT WHAA NOT ADD UCONN & DUH PENGUINS.....TOO.......AWK?

....NEWARK IGNORED DUH BISONSSSSS......ON UH NICE SATURDAY........CAIN'T WAIT FO' CHILLY DRIZZLE........DURIN' DUH WEEK........BAWK!

Mr C, as a long time Newark resident, what’s your general feeling about a move to FBS and how it might ignite the fan base? My apologies if you answered that question in your last post.

rhowdyram
September 9th, 2023, 09:16 AM

It really feels like we're so close to a true turning point with the program. Three winning seasons in a row (2 if you don't count Covid spring) so you have fans starting to come back and you've got a student body that sold out their allotment and then some last night. That's somewhere between 1200 and 1500 students. We've got a $42 million stadium renovation starting after the 2024 season. If we can just bust down the playoff door this year with the renovation on the horizon we could really be on to something.

rhowdyram
September 9th, 2023, 09:18 AM
Yes and take anything you see in a Stony Brook game with a grain of salt, they are a mess

Boy howdy, you're not kidding. They showed more fight against each other on their own sideline than anything they showed URI in the field of play outside of the late cheap shot on Kasim Hill.

MR. CHICKEN
September 9th, 2023, 09:40 AM
Mr C, as a long time Newark resident, what’s your general feeling about a move to FBS and how it might ignite the fan base? My apologies if you answered that question in your last post.

...PUT......'NOTHERAH WAY.........GOES AGIN' MAH GRAIN......THERE ARE FANS WHOM...SIT 'ROUND ME....WHOM....DON'T KNOW INCOMIN'.....TEAMS RECORDS...OR WHERE OOC TEAMS ARE FROM... (AH'M SERIOUS)......AH'LL BE 'SPLAININ'....DUH RUNNIN' CLOCK....TO 'EM...TIL DUH 'NOVA GAME....DERE'LL BE NO EFFORT ON DEY'RE PART....TO ATTEND.....NOVEMBER WEEKNIGHTS WON'T BE UH HAPPENIN'......NOPE-A-DOODLE-DOO!

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2023, 10:27 AM

...PUT......'NOTHERAH WAY.........GOES AGIN' MAH GRAIN......THERE ARE FANS WHOM...SIT 'ROUND ME....WHOM....DON'T KNOW INCOMIN'.....TEAMS RECORDS...OR WHERE OOC TEAMS ARE FROM... (AH'M SERIOUS)......AH'LL BE 'SPLAININ'....DUH RUNNIN' CLOCK....TO 'EM...TIL DUH 'NOVA GAME....DERE'LL BE NO EFFORT ON DEY'RE PART....TO ATTEND.....NOVEMBER WEEKNIGHTS WON'T BE UH HAPPENIN'......NOPE-A-DOODLE-DOO!

I appreciate the insight and how are you able to focus on the the game with so many fans asking for autographs and selfies…. If they only knew!

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2023, 11:50 AM
totally agree on Campbell, they have some athletes at least

Rhode could finally be a playoff team this year, that 4th and 1 and the spot / measurement was like watching an election… funny things going on

I thought Stony Brook looked bad, no surprise really

Delaware WRs are for real and they will need to be this year as good offenses will score points on The Hens

RB Marcus Yarns…. Remember that name

who remembers?
boom Yarns to the house

MR. CHICKEN
September 9th, 2023, 11:52 AM
xhypedxxhurrayx

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2023, 04:01 PM
Dylan Jiffy lube Laube having a spectacular game

KPSUL
September 9th, 2023, 04:43 PM
Dylan Jiffy lube Laube having a spectacular game

371 all purpose yards, 295 receiving.

UNHWildcat18
September 9th, 2023, 04:45 PM
Kids an animal. Heartbreaking loss for UNH, hope CMU wins a lot of MAC games..

UNHWildcat18
September 9th, 2023, 09:13 PM
Hampton sucks, that is all.

WestCoastAggie
September 9th, 2023, 09:22 PM
I don't think A&T is winning a game this year. Not with that anemic passing game. Not with that porous defense.

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2023, 09:24 PM
I don't think A&T is winning a game this year. Not with that anemic passing game. Not with that porous defense.

Do you play Stony or Hampton?

WestCoastAggie
September 9th, 2023, 09:25 PM
Do you play Stony or Hampton?

Have you seen our passing game?

Tribal
September 9th, 2023, 11:07 PM
W&M’s decisive win @Campbell will look a lot better in a few weeks. They can beat good teams and, I think, they will.

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2023, 06:32 AM
W&M’s decisive win @Campbell will look a lot better in a few weeks. They can beat good teams and, I think, they will.

I generally agree, but W&M left some points out in the RZ

Wofford D was very physical, Yoders bully act didn’t go very far meaning he usually brings the physical to the Defense, but I thought Wolford put the physical on him.

Woffords offense is nothing scary though

Tribal
September 10th, 2023, 06:47 AM
I generally agree, but W&M left some points out in the RZ

Wofford D was very physical, Yoders bully act didn’t go very far meaning he usually brings the physical to the Defense, but I thought Wolford put the physical on him.

Woffords offense is nothing scary though

I tried to convey that our win at Campbell will be viewed as a good one down the road (vice beating the preseason bottom-dweller) because the Humps are good. I’m glad we played them early.

To your point, Yoder averaged over 5 ypc and I’d love to know his yards after first contact. That number may not be to his average but I bet it’s significant. As far as that overall game, I feel both sides were very physical and Wofford’s QB will feel it for a few days.

Sitting Bull
September 10th, 2023, 06:55 AM
Campbell playing at Monmouth next week will be a very interesting game.

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2023, 07:03 AM
I tried to convey that our win at Campbell will be viewed as a good one down the road (vice beating the preseason bottom-dweller) because the Humps are good. I’m glad we played them early.

To your point, Yoder averaged over 5 ypc and I’d love to know his yards after first contact. That number may not be to his average but I bet it’s significant. As far as that overall game, I feel both sides were very physical and Wofford’s QB will feel it for a few days.

and El Citadel is bad, we know Campbell has talent but they ain’t over the hump just yet. As Sitting Bull said next weeks game vs Monmouth will be a good one

mainejeff
September 10th, 2023, 08:35 AM
UNH, Albany and URI are pretty good.

MR. CHICKEN
September 10th, 2023, 08:43 AM
UNH, Albany and URI are pretty good.

.....AN' DEY'RE.......ALL ON "DUH BEARS"...DOCKET......xeekx.....BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2023, 09:47 AM
Have you seen our passing game?

I just saw this on Flo Hilights, speed

Taymon Cooke 80 Yd Kickoff Return (Owen Daffer PAT failed)

mainejeff
September 10th, 2023, 10:03 AM

.....AN' DEY'RE.......ALL ON "DUH BEARS"...DOCKET......xeekx.....BRAWK!

Plus games at Campbell, William & Mary and Richmond.xdrunkyx

WestCoastAggie
September 10th, 2023, 10:40 AM
I just saw this on Flo Hilights, speed

Taymon Cooke 80 Yd Kickoff Return (Owen Daffer PAT failed)

You have way more hope than I do at this point.

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2023, 11:36 AM
You have way more hope than I do at this point.

after I wrote the Boulevard of broken dreams song lyrics for you and MUHAWKS? I was just trying to
splice the mainbraids a little bit for you

MUHAWKS … might have to revise my lyrics for Monmouth

UNHWildcat18
September 10th, 2023, 11:43 AM
MUHAWKS about to give us a giant bible verse on their win over Towson.

MUHAWKS
September 10th, 2023, 02:07 PM
Not a giant verse but here are my thoughts after week 2- I am just sitting down to my computer after the pleasant 3.5 hour drive back from Towson. Also sent some duckets to the bank account for my winning week which was made a hell of a lot better by Maryland allowing you to bet on college games in own state. Took some work but The Hawks laying 3.5 came through!

On the to real stuff- I think the only "obvious" 100% things are- W&M is good and UNH is good perhaps very good.

Delaware is a huge unknown IMO- clearly a good team but yesterday told us nothing. URI is probably very good, but I want to see more. CAA play and "almost" beating a bad FBS to me are night and day. Same goes for The Danes. I have watched both play full games and I am just not going to sit here and be in total awe yet. Capable and certainly very possible but I want to see more. Certainly the Fordham result from yesterday makes one think Albany may be very good, but ?????

Elon puzzles me. I opined in the pick em that an Elon loss could start the falling apart of their season. They still have to play Campbell, W&M, Nova, Delaware and also Monmouth, A&T on the road, NC Central, Richmond and Hampton. I know they are OOC games, but we know Elon is capable. Like they are not "down" to where they are not good, so you want a win against them to mean something but it is entirely possible they start 1-4.

Anyway in terms of what I am here for. THE MONMOUTH UNIVERSITY HAWKS! - Obviously no matter what we do, nobody will "believe" until very late in the season, even if we beat Campbell this week, and that is fine and also fair. But my honest thoughts are that Towson is a decent team. Their schedule is brutal so they could go 2-9 and still not be "bad" but mark my words, they WILL ruin someone's playoff chances. They have a lot of athletes and are capable but I am not under any sort of illusion that we beat a "good" team last night. What I can say is this- I told everyone "if" Monmouth's defense can be a "decent" unit we will make noise. I also said that assuming our offense would be as good as last year. From what I have seen after 2 weeks, our offense is OT as good as last year, YET and it has very little to do with QB. In fact, McCray is playing very well and is building some confidence. He made several nice throws in tight windows and I think will just keep getting better each week. So far in 2 weeks, teams are keying on Shirden and we yet still stick to run first which is fine but the offense just is not "clicking" yet. But I like what I see from the defense. The difference in the D line is night and day and the transfers are making an impact. Towson put up 52 pts on us last year with some of the same dudes, and almost 500 yards (260 rushing). Last night we held them to 23 points and 275 TOTAL yards only 75 rushing. And I have to let it be known that their first TD came off a turnover in our own territory. So after the quick 10-0 Towson lead, we then went on a 42- 13 "run" with 4 sacks and forced 3 turnovers. In a week to week league where you are looking for identity and improvement, last night was a big one for us. I am not saying we have a dominating defense, but I am saying those who think our D is similar to last year are in for a surprise. They still miss tackles and let up big plays but we are more aggressive, have more size and speed and depth and actually have guys who can "get home" on blitzes and 1 on 1's on the DL. If they keep improving like I think they will- I think the D has a chance to be good. And I really like our offense even though so far something seems just a tad off and I think frankly it has bee not the play calling but the lack of "mix"- meaning we have been predictable- running on running downs, passing on passing downs, not totally adjusting to the D.

This week will surely tell the tale as Campbell is talented. In my view we will need to score in the 40's, not b/c I think our D sucks but just b/c I think Campbells offense is that good and we are susceptible to big plays ad they will make them. We really need our offense to break out this week. The best thing that happened to us against Towson was adversity. It was 7-0 in the blink of an eye and 10-0. We were missing tackles and seemed almost lost. We were not clicking but stayed in it and then started making plays. The momentum fed on itself and Towson would not go away so we had several times where we faced "adversity" and battled back and actually turned it into our own momentum.

Not 100% sure what to totally think but that was a must win for us and we got it. Now we have a chance to beat a good team next week before playing 3 games that "on paper" we should win (I still respect Lafayette but I said on paper). So without getting ahead of myself, beat Campbell and we could have a great chance of being 5-1 with just an FBS loss heading into the tough part ( @ elon, @ W&M, Stony Brook, UNH the @ Albany) 3-2 in those games puts us right there in the at large conversation. I told our fans on our fan page Towson would dictate the season- a loss and it is essentially over, yes over in week 2. A win and it changes the trajectory in a major way. We will find out a lot this week for sure. Of note is that we played almost the entire 2nd half without our top 3 safeties. 2 hurt, one sitting for an unknown reason. All should be ready this week but we actually played our best defense with moving guys around (Morales our CB moved to FS and some young guys playing CB)..

At this point, I am happy that our defense has shown "improvement". Of note ( I knew about this when it happened) but it became public last week is that long time DC Andy Bobik resigned 2 weeks before the opener. Nobody really knows why. It was not health, he was not fired, just not sure, but so far it has seemed to help in terms of being aggressive and energy. Mostly b/c the other games lack intrigue or meaning but also b/c of legit reasons, MU/Campbell is the CAA game of the week IMO for sure.

Tribal
September 10th, 2023, 06:02 PM
The Newer Testament

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2023, 06:32 PM
What is the word on Nova WR Hayek? He’s on roster as grad student but has no stats in first 2 games

rhowdyram
September 10th, 2023, 08:08 PM

1. Delaware 8-0
3. William & Mary 7-1
5. Richmond 6-2
7. New Hampshire 5-3
8. Albany 4-4
9. Monmouth 3-5
15. Hampton 0-8

After week 2:

1. William & Mary 8-0 (higher Massey than Delaware)
2. Delaware 8-0
3. Villanova 7-1 (projected to beat Rhode Island
4. Rhode Island 7-1
5. Richmond 6-2
6. Monmouth 5-3
7. New Hampshire 4-4 (1-0 against 4-4 teams)
8. Elon 4-4
9. Albany 4-4 (0-1 against 4-4 teams)
10. Campbell 3-5
11. Maine 2-6
12. Towson 1-7 (projected to beat NC A&T)
13. NC A&T 1-7
14. Stony Brook 0-8 (higher Massey rating than Hampton)
15. Hampton 0-8

MUHAWKS
September 10th, 2023, 08:38 PM
After week 2:

1. William & Mary 8-0 (higher Massey than Delaware)
2. Delaware 8-0
3. Villanova 7-1 (projected to beat Rhode Island
4. Rhode Island 7-1
5. Richmond 6-2
6. Monmouth 5-3
7. New Hampshire 4-4 (1-0 against 4-4 teams)
8. Elon 4-4
9. Albany 4-4 (0-1 against 4-4 teams)
10. Campbell 3-5
11. Maine 2-6
12. Towson 1-7 (projected to beat NC A&T)
13. NC A&T 1-7
14. Stony Brook 0-8 (higher Massey rating than Hampton)
15. Hampton 0-8

laughable where UNH is-- I know its "just massey" but come on

TribeGuy
September 10th, 2023, 08:51 PM
Yes, Week 3 could be an early foretelling. HAWKS over Camels will answer so many questions. I worry for West Long Branch fans. Fear ensues. Their DB-field will give up far more than their Superhero Shirden can deliver. Monmouth has not proved they are multi-dimensional on offense.

"...you have entered a dimension beyond space and time... you have entered the CAA"

rhowdyram
September 10th, 2023, 08:51 PM
laughable where UNH is-- I know its "just massey" but come on

Massey has them losing at Delaware, at Rhode Island, vs Villanova, and at Monmouth. What are your thoughts on those 4 games?

mainejeff
September 10th, 2023, 09:22 PM
Massey has them losing at Delaware, at Rhode Island, vs Villanova, and at Monmouth. What are your thoughts on those 4 games?

Delaware - W
URI - W
Villanova - L
Monmouth - W

bonarae
September 10th, 2023, 09:34 PM
Week 3 Pick'em thread is up: https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?338881-2023-CAA-Pick-em-Week-3

MUHAWKS
September 10th, 2023, 09:55 PM

Regardless, as of "now" especially with the recency bias clearly assigned to Delaware, having UNH below Monmouth (pains me to say) and Richmond is absurd, same for Nova. Or am I not understanding the rankings? These are taken from overall massey current rankings right? Not current plus predictions? Anyway- If I had to say ow- UNH beats URI, Delaware and Nova and loses to Monmouth!! IDK man..

MUHAWKS
September 10th, 2023, 10:07 PM
Yes, Week 3 could be an early foretelling. HAWKS over Camels will answer so many questions. I worry for West Long Branch fans. Fear ensues. Their DB-field will give up far more than their Superhero Shirden can deliver. Monmouth has not proved they are multi-dimensional on offense.

"...you have entered a dimension beyond space and time... you have entered the CAA"

It may answer some, or it may not? If we beat them, will you "buy into" us? Or only if we lose will it answer that we are just still also rans? What if it is a one score game? What does that answer other than both teams would be 1-1 in the CAA if MU loses. If we win, I guarantee you, we still will get no respect and that is fine for now and preferred.

I am mighty worried for a lot of reasons. The first is and I am on record BEFORE THE SEASON saying this- Campbell is good. Loaded with talent and it is all over the field. They have had that for years now however but have not learned how to put it all together. We played them several times in the big south but this is no doubt their most talented team. So far Shirden has been pedestrian but to say we have not proven to be multi dimensional seems a reach. It def was not true last year. FAU not a good tell and Towson game we ran for 200 and threw for 240 with 2 TD's through the air. It is a week to week league for 11 or 12 of the 15 teams and most are a work in progress with the possibility/capability to get better and find an identity. Our Defense is much much better than last year, but much better than awful may still not be "good", but eye test wise JUST based on Towson it seems we have 10-11 DL that rotate and play and at a high level, a deep and good tackling LB corps and a host of talented DB's. Being able to get a pass rush and get home on a blitz works wonders for our DB's in terms of coverage. We will find out soon enough but once we make a few plays The Camels will remember how we owned them for 4 years and self destruct.

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2023, 05:44 AM
Not for nothing dude but do you guys suck this year? B/c I watched the SB game and although it was clear you guys were way better, the score was 24-13 in the 4th qtr and SB ran for 170 yards. URI also did not totally dismantle them. I am NOT saying SB is good but they have some grit and for whatever reason you guys needed some late stuff to truly put them away.

Stony is a mess, when you suck you better have grit at the very least

After 2 games, Delaware is the great unknown. Lost one of the two QB’s that had been playing on Saturday, throwing arm in a sling. Back up is a true Freshman. DL is maybe average. Strength of the team are the WRs and RBs and they will need to be as the Defense lost 9 starters from last year. Taking both games played so far with a grain of salt

RB Marcus Yarns is good

El Citadel is bad, toss that game out when evaluating Campbell. The QB makes them a threat vs any team in CAA

I saw some of Monmouth game, it was closer than final score indicated but that doesn’t mean much because you won, you’re right the DL looked better. McCray is a little bit like Rhode QB Hill but not quite as good but won’t lose games for you. A game manager. Shirden getting lots of carries and taking a lot of hits and they add up.

would not be laying any bets on the Campbell Monmouth game that I know

MRuler
September 11th, 2023, 05:46 AM
MU Hawk, just win and respect will follow. Who cares if no one respects your program. Let them overlook at their own risk. Look Albany has always been a strong program/consistent winner. From D3 to D2 to NEC(NCAA's 2011). Albany has always won consistently and played in several post season/playoffs etc. When we entered the CAA we have had only a handful of good teams and made the playoffs once in 2019. Other than that we have been considered a door mat.

The two "close losses" as you mention this season doesn't impress you. I get it, "they" view UA a stronger team at this point then MU. A loss is a loss but I would bargain to say both Marshall and Hawaii as well as FAU would win the CAA so those losses look better than easier wins against FCS programs.

As Al Davis used to say, "JUST WIN BABY"

MUHAWKS
September 11th, 2023, 07:16 AM
MU Hawk, just win and respect will follow. Who cares if no one respects your program. Let them overlook at their own risk. Look Albany has always been a strong program/consistent winner. From D3 to D2 to NEC(NCAA's 2011). Albany has always won consistently and played in several post season/playoffs etc. When we entered the CAA we have had only a handful of good teams and made the playoffs once in 2019. Other than that we have been considered a door mat.

The two "close losses" as you mention this season doesn't impress you. I get it, "they" view UA a stronger team at this point then MU. A loss is a loss but I would bargain to say both Marshall and Hawaii as well as FAU would win the CAA so those losses look better than easier wins against FCS programs.

As Al Davis used to say, "JUST WIN BABY"

The 2 FBS losses impress me. I like Albany. The point was aimed at Caribbeanhen saying "I think everything in the caa is good" he implied that I assign "good" ratings to CAA teams too easy which is not true I only do that to my own team haha! But Its actually others who jump the gun based on the emotion of 1-2 games. Imagine if the DE from FSU never left!

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2023, 07:22 AM
The 2 FBS losses impress me. I like Albany. The point was aimed at Caribbeanhen saying "I think everything in the caa is good" he implied that I assign "good" ratings to CAA teams too easy which is not true I only do that to my own team haha! But Its actually others who jump the gun based on the emotion of 1-2 games. Imagine if the DE from FSU never left!

it was meant to say MUHAWKS assigns the good team label to every team Monmouth is playing on Saturday

MUHAWKS
September 11th, 2023, 07:37 AM
it was meant to say MUHAWKS assigns the good team label to every team Monmouth is playing on Saturday

Well it seems that this upcoming Saturday we are all in agreement, we are playing a good team..

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2023, 09:17 AM
Well it seems that this upcoming Saturday we are all in agreement, we are playing a good team..

A talented team is what we agree on

Post 179 speaks more about just how good Campbell might be … let’s see if they can get over the top

WestCoastAggie
September 11th, 2023, 12:15 PM
Will A&T rediscover the forward pass this week?

KPSUL
September 11th, 2023, 02:16 PM
Will A&T rediscover the forward pass this week?

Hopefully! You have 2 losses but they were to a pretty solid FBS and the Celebration Bowl Champs who lost very little offensive production this off season with both Davius Richard and Latrell Collier returning.

MUHAWKS
September 12th, 2023, 06:04 PM
A talented team is what we agree on

Post 179 speaks more about just how good Campbell might be … let’s see if they can get over the top

For sure, perhaps the most overall talented team in the CAA or close to it. But you are right, whether they are a good "team" is yet to be seen. They are certainly at worst a team that can beat pretty much anyone and loaded with talent all over the field. I am hoping it is still the "old" Campbell who we played in TBS- where they had talent all over but just something missing-- Did not know how to win. I have quickly come to see that The CAA is much about that- "knowing how to win".. doing the small things, not compounding problems and cutting losses (not letting 20 yards turn into 70 on passes and kick returns). I love the CAA this year from the standpoint that I truly think it is a week to week league much like the NFL where the difference can be razor thin. We all "think" we know whats up but in reality, stuff 4-5 weeks from now can not go as we think. Albany could end up being the best 3-5 team in the nation after week 9. Or they could be 6-2 and ranked in the top 15. So many different scenarios. I think The CAA is good and balanced enough that 2023 will still be a "win 8 in the caa and get in" deal for the playoffs. Before the season I thought based on last years woeful playoff showing that this would be the year but I have changed my mind.

KPSUL
September 12th, 2023, 07:19 PM
Not going to quote any one particular post, instead I'm addressing several things written in recent ones. I would not agree that Marshall and FAU would definitely win the CAA. I would say they would be in the hunt, but maybe not even a favorite. Hawaii would be one of the favorites, but not a sure thing. As far as other FBS G5(or is it G6 now?) teams playing the CAA Weeks 0, 1 and 2: FIU would be a mediocre CAA team, Georgia State and CMU equal to the Aloha guys, UAB perhaps the best of the lot by a smidgen.

Every team in the CAA has talented player. It is pointless to think you have a comparative talent meter just by watching highlight films and parts of games on TV.

The two best teams in the conference at the moment are at the top primarily because they have seasoned players experienced in executing the style of play chosen by coordinators and position coaches that understand and buy into their HC's system. You can probably guess which two teams I currently see as best in the CAA, but here's a hint: One school has a statue of the 5th President on Campus, and they'll be playing a school on Oct 7th that has a statue of the 3rd President. The other school has a prominent alumni without a statue, but he was the guy who skated around the rink at the end of the movie "Slap Shot" wearing a jock strap.

caribbeanhen
September 12th, 2023, 07:44 PM
Just remember who the CAA lost to in the playoffs last year

South Dakota St at Brookings

Montana State at insert name of hipster cool Mountain town here

#2 ranked Sac St at Sac St

The other two losses were Holy Cross and Furman

all these teams were top 10

You can say the CAA performance was abysmal, I say it was kind of expected

And guess what, the best teams in the CAA are not ready to beat those top 3 teams this year either

The committee knows the CAA can be competitive in these playoff games and they love filling out the bracket with teams from CAA due to the breadth of pretty good FCS teams

MUHAWKS
September 12th, 2023, 07:46 PM
Not going to quote any one particular post, instead I'm addressing several things written in recent ones. I would not agree that Marshall and FAU would definitely win the CAA. I would say they would be in the hunt, but maybe not even a favorite. Hawaii would be one of the favorites, but not a sure thing. As far as other FBS G5(or is it G6 now?) teams playing the CAA Weeks 0, 1 and 2: FIU would be a mediocre CAA team, Georgia State and CMU equal to the Aloha guys, UAB perhaps the best of the lot by a smidgen.

Every team in the CAA has talented player. It is pointless to think you have a comparative talent meter just by watching highlight films and parts of games on TV.

The two best teams in the conference at the moment are at the top primarily because they have seasoned players experienced in executing the style of play chosen by coordinators and position coaches that understand and buy into their HC's system. You can probably guess which two teams I currently see as best in the CAA, but here's a hint: One school has a statue of the 5th President on Campus, and they'll be playing a school on Oct 7th that has a statue of the 3rd President. The other school has a prominent alumni without a statue, but he was the guy who skated around the rink at the end of the movie "Slap Shot" wearing a jock strap.

Well I WILL QUOTE something from your post- this "Every team in the CAA has talented player. It is pointless to think you have a comparative talent meter just by watching highlight films and parts of games on TV"

While I am not even outright disagreeing with it- IMO it contradicts your entire first paragraph. If one cannot think teams have comparative talent by watching a game or two, how can you then have a real opinion on said FBS schools and how they would fare in the CAA or who among them is even the best? What do you truly know about any of those teams?

However, this part- The two best teams in the conference at the moment are at the top primarily because they have seasoned players experienced in executing the style of play chosen by coordinators and position coaches that understand and buy into their HC's system. Is spot on in my view- And it does not even have to refer to the best teams NOW, it is probably most years. It is what separates good from great or average from good BECAUSE as you said every team has talented players. Some teams clearly have more or less than most however- And this is why Football is so great- You def need some talent but on top of that you need good and opportune coaching, health, some luck, and leaders and a system/process that is bought into.

MUHAWKS
September 12th, 2023, 07:55 PM
Just remember who the CAA lost to in the playoffs last year

South Dakota St at Brookings

Montana State at insert name of hipster cool Mountain town here

#2 ranked Sac St at Sac St

The other two losses were Holy Cross and Furman

all these teams were top 10

You can say the CAA performance was abysmal, I say it was kind of expected

And guess what, the best teams in the CAA are not ready to beat those top 3 teams this year either

The committee knows the CAA can be competitive in these playoff games and they love filling out the bracket with teams from CAA due to the breadth of pretty good FCS teams

Fair, but do not leave the part out about "how" the losses occurred. ANYONE, LITERALLY ANYONE can go and get blown out by a top team man. SDSU 42- 6 over Hens after playing an NEC school. Montana State 55-7 over The CAA's BEST! after beating a Big south team. Richmonds performance I cannot say a bad word about. Elon lost 31-6 was not even close. And I will get smoked by guys for this but UNH payed 2 Patriot league teams. Fordham has an abysmal defense all year and losing to Holy Cross in somhwta close fashion is nothing to be ashamed about but the FACTS are the CAA had a horrendous showing in the playoffs. Period. So if you thin it was expected fine, but does not say too much for The CAA any which way you cut it. And clearly I am not talkingmy book here so to speak b/c my team could not even compete with those teams. But not including how bad 3 of the losses were is really sort of absurd no? There are 30 teams who could have lost by 40-50 pts or never been in a game against Furman.

KPSUL
September 12th, 2023, 08:14 PM
Well I WILL QUOTE something from your post- this "Every team in the CAA has talented player. It is pointless to think you have a comparative talent meter just by watching highlight films and parts of games on TV"

While I am not even outright disagreeing with it- IMO it contradicts your entire first paragraph. If one cannot think teams have comparative talent by watching a game or two, how can you then have a real opinion on said FBS schools and how they would fare in the CAA or who among them is even the best? What do you truly know about any of those teams?

However, this part- The two best teams in the conference at the moment are at the top primarily because they have seasoned players experienced in executing the style of play chosen by coordinators and position coaches that understand and buy into their HC's system. Is spot on in my view- And it does not even have to refer to the best teams NOW, it is probably most years. It is what separates good from great or average from good BECAUSE as you said every team has talented players. Some teams clearly have more or less than most however- And this is why Football is so great- You def need some talent but on top of that you need good and opportune coaching, health, some luck, and leaders and a system/process that is bought into.

I think you misunderstood the main point I was trying to make: A team is not the sum of the individual talent of their players, and even if it was, it is far too elusive to measure individual talent. Actually, I think you've said essentially the same in several posts. I do think it is far easier to assess the quality of a team after they have play some games(the more games the more valid the assessment), and in the end, that's what counts, not the talent of individual players. So while I seldom delve into individual player talent comparison, I do like to compare the quality of teams and I've had some success doing it.

So my assessment of the G6 teams played by the CAA so far is just that, my assessment. I did watch a lot of most the games, some of all, all of a couple. I was hoping to have a little fun, and hear from other AGSer that watched at least parts of several of the FBS games to get other opinions. Instead I got a poorly focused critique of the logic of my argument. What's next professor, fixation on spelling and syntax?

MUHAWKS
September 12th, 2023, 09:17 PM
I think you misunderstood the main point I was trying to make: A team is not the sum of the individual talent of their players, and even if it was, it is far too elusive to measure individual talent. Actually, I think you've said essentially the same in several posts. I do think it is far easier to assess the quality of a team after they have play some games(the more games the more valid the assessment), and in the end, that's what counts, not the talent of individual players. So while I seldom delve into individual player talent comparison, I do like to compare the quality of teams and I've had some success doing it.

So my assessment of the G6 teams played by the CAA so far is just that, my assessment. I did watch a lot of most the games, some of all, all of a couple. I was hoping to have a little fun, and hear from other AGSer that watched at least parts of several of the FBS games to get other opinions. Instead I got a poorly focused critique of the logic of my argument. What's next professor, fixation on spelling and syntax?

Ok man- I suck- apologies.

KPSUL
September 12th, 2023, 09:55 PM
Ok man- I suck- apologies.

You're being too hard on yourself. That last jab of mine probably sucks too. For my punishment I'm going to go and listen to Kevin Callahan's CAA weekly call. (If I thought it was really bad, I'd have to listen to Chuck Priore!)

MUHAWKS
September 12th, 2023, 10:12 PM
You're being too hard on yourself. That last jab of mine probably sucks too. For my punishment I'm going to go and listen to Kevin Callahan's CAA weekly call. (If I thought it was really bad, I'd have to listen to Chuck Priore!)

Grain of salt brother- I don't take anything personally, this is all good stuff. I always listen to the weekly CAA calls- I will listem to ours, the team we just played and the team we are about to play. I love having those to listen to. But, good joke on SB..

Tribe4SF
September 13th, 2023, 03:06 AM

That team with the statue of the 5th President on campus also has a statue of the 3rd President just off campus because he was also an alum. In the words of that school's President after a 2009 football victory over the Oct. 7th opponent... " Mr. Jefferson's first university just beat Mr. Jefferson's second university! Feels awesome!"

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2023, 06:07 AM
Grain of salt brother- I don't take anything personally, this is all good stuff. I always listen to the weekly CAA calls- I will listem to ours, the team we just played and the team we are about to play. I love having those to listen to. But, good joke on SB..

You guys are listening to those calls…. Big-time degenerates 😂

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2023, 06:28 AM
You guys are listening to those calls…. Big-time degenerates 

xlolx

MRuler
September 13th, 2023, 06:59 AM

No disrespect to "the Presidential teams" but I stand by my statement, that FAU, Hawaii, Central Mich, and Marshall would win the CAA going away. Yes the CAA represented themselves well against those FBS programs but the CAA lost. Those FBS teams are much bigger, faster and have more depth with 85 schollies vs 63. That is why when an FCS team wins its always by a hair.

Sitting Bull
September 13th, 2023, 07:40 AM
No disrespect to "the Presidential teams" but I stand by my statement, that FAU, Hawaii, Central Mich, and Marshall would win the CAA going away. Yes the CAA represented themselves well against those FBS programs but the CAA lost. Those FBS teams are much bigger, faster and have more depth with 85 schollies vs 63. That is why when an FCS team wins its always by a hair.

So Hawaii and Marshall win home games against the CAA team picked 12th - by 10 and 4 points respectively - yet they would sweep through the CAA going away. Get real.

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2023, 08:28 AM
So Hawaii and Marshall win home games against the CAA team picked 12th - by 10 and 4 points respectively - yet they would sweep through the CAA going away. Get real.

to be fair, rarely does anyone "sweep through the CAA" going away. Yes I know that is what ruler said, but maybe it was just emotional. Even W&M last year- beat hampton by 6, escaped URI by 1, and lost to Elon. so, yes "going away" might be an over statement but single game results dont mean too much. ***** happens on certain saturdays. Albay may very well lose to some average CAA teams who would get rolled by Hawaii and Marshall.Las year Monmouth beat Nova who beat Delaware and MU was crushed by delaware. I could list dozens of examples which is why I tok isue with what KPSUL SAID.. watching a game or even 2 gives us no real bility to judge how good that team is. I am NOT someone who over rates the FBS but if you had a gun to your head with Hawaii, CM, Marshall or W&M, UNH and whoever, would be very tough not to take theFBS>

Sitting Bull
September 13th, 2023, 09:00 AM
to be fair, rarely does anyone "sweep through the CAA" going away. Yes I know that is what ruler said, but maybe it was just emotional. Even W&M last year- beat hampton by 6, escaped URI by 1, and lost to Elon. so, yes "going away" might be an over statement but single game results dont mean too much. ***** happens on certain saturdays. Albay may very well lose to some average CAA teams who would get rolled by Hawaii and Marshall.Las year Monmouth beat Nova who beat Delaware and MU was crushed by delaware. I could list dozens of examples which is why I tok isue with what KPSUL SAID.. watching a game or even 2 gives us no real bility to judge how good that team is. I am NOT someone who over rates the FBS but if you had a gun to your head with Hawaii, CM, Marshall or W&M, UNH and whoever, would be very tough not to take theFBS>

I watched us beat Charlotte by 17 last year on the road, a game that ended with us running the clock out inside their 10 yd line, on the road. Charlotte won 3 FBS games last year. Anyone who thinks G5 teams could just sweep in as the actual visitor to most any top 40 FCS team is just being naive.

The line is very thin between G5 and top FCS.

I remember when Marshall moved up, first year, and literally swept the MAC. They probably would have won the MAC during all their FCS championship years.

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2023, 09:13 AM
I watched us beat Charlotte by 17 last year on the road, a game that ended with us running the clock out inside their 10 yd line, on the road. Charlotte won 3 FBS games last year. Anyone who thinks G5 teams could just sweep in as the actual visitor to most any top 40 FCS team is just being naive.

I remember when Marshall moved up, first year, and literally swept the MAC. They probably would have won the MAC during all their FCS championship years.

VERY VERY TRUE..I have been telling some guys I know that are always in awe of "FBS transfers" or "playing an FBS school" that the top 5 FCS teams would beat half the FBS schools. I know that flies in the face of what I was saying a bit, but "decent" FBS teams like 45-60th type teams over an 11 game season just based on most of the fcs/fbs I see would find a ways to grind it out and most of the games versus the bottom 5-6 CAA would be 3+ score wins.. But at the end of the day I am with you in general..

crusader11
September 13th, 2023, 09:28 AM

QFT.

Put the bottom 30 FBS teams and top 30 FCS teams in a blender then take them out. Good luck identifying which ones are the FBS schools.

WestCoastAggie
September 13th, 2023, 10:00 AM
https://youtube.com/shorts/hgBM6bfIGRI?si=Al3RwLj18hTiYimw

MRuler
September 13th, 2023, 11:01 AM

Then why doesn't the CAA have more FBS scalps? So what you are saying is Marshall who beat Notre Dame and was in a bowl game wouldn't run through the CAA? Seriously? Where a team is ranked means nothing. Stony Brook or "top tier" CAA teams have lost to FBS teams. Yes I think Marshall or Hawaii or 95% of the FBS would beat the top of the CAA going away. MU Hawk it wasn't emotional. Just a fact

Get Real

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2023, 12:12 PM
Then why doesn't the CAA have more FBS scalps? So what you are saying is Marshall who beat Notre Dame and was in a bowl game wouldn't run through the CAA? Seriously? Where a team is ranked means nothing. Stony Brook or "top tier" CAA teams have lost to FBS teams. Yes I think Marshall or Hawaii or 95% of the FBS would beat the top of the CAA going away. MU Hawk it wasn't emotional. Just a fact

Get Real

well I mean technically it cannot be a fact but nonetheless I basically agree with you-I just do not think it would be a run away, hands down, no problems type thing like it would if a top 20 FBS school were to do it

Sitting Bull
September 13th, 2023, 12:17 PM

Get Real

The CAA average a few each year. 2 last year. And always the road team. If the CAA hosted every MAC or CUSA team, I would give us probably half the wins.

Do some research. Marshall barely beats UAlbany at home yet they would boatrace through the CAA? Get real.

MRuler
September 13th, 2023, 12:56 PM
The CAA average a few each year. 2 last year. And always the road team. If the CAA hosted every MAC or CUSA team, I would give us probably half the wins.

Do some research. Marshall barely beats UAlbany at home yet they would boatrace through the CAA? Get real.

What FBS wins are you referring to that the CAA has won? Certainly not your games against Virginia! How did Delaware hold up against Penn State? Yes, Rhody went toe to toe with GA State and UNH did as well with CM. Research? Do some of your own! MARSHALL BEAT Notre Dame and was in a Bowl game!! And your telling me they wouldn't run through the CAA? Dude stop putting so much weight on how good you think W&M is or the rankings. If Marshall or 95% of FBS teams played a CAA schedule they would win 99% of the time. Yes, we get it, W&M is ranked higher than UA (for now) so W&M would have defeated Marshall. I've seen the results and not wowed by W&M's results. I dont care if UA or W&M dont win another game they would still lose 99% of the time vs FBS

Sitting Bull
September 13th, 2023, 12:59 PM
What FBS wins are you referring to that the CAA has won? Certainly not your games against Virginia! How did Delaware hold up against Penn State? Yes, Rhody went toe to toe with GA State and UNH did as well with CM. Research? Do some of your own! MARSHALL BEAT Notre Dame and was in a Bowl game!! And you’rtelling me they wouldn't run through the CAA? Dude stop putting so much weight on how good you think W&M is or the rankings. If Marshall or 95% of FBS teams played a CAA schedule they would win 99% of the time. Yes, we get it, W&M is ranked higher than UA (for now) so W&M would have defeated Marshall. I've seen the results and not wowed by W&M's results. I dont care if UA or W&M dont win another game they would still lose 99% of the time vs FBS

Do some research. You’re living some Marshall G5 fantasy.
Dude

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2023, 12:59 PM
I see MRuler is a member for 8 years but only 40 posts! This is good! Keep going Ruler!!! The Danes baby!! do you like gattusso?

Sitting Bull
September 13th, 2023, 01:02 PM
What FBS wins are you referring to that the CAA has won? Certainly not your games against Virginia! How did Delaware hold up against Penn State? Yes, Rhody went toe to toe with GA State and UNH did as well with CM. Research? Do some of your own! MARSHALL BEAT Notre Dame and was in a Bowl game!! And your telling me they wouldn't run through the CAA? Dude stop putting so much weight on how good you think W&M is or the rankings. If Marshall or 95% of FBS teams played a CAA schedule they would win 99% of the time. Yes, we get it, W&M is ranked higher than UA (for now) so W&M would have defeated Marshall. I've seen the results and not wowed by W&M's results. I dont care if UA or W&M dont win another game they would still lose 99% of the time vs FBS

Let me help you out.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/fcs-wins-vs-fbs-teams-all-time-victories-upsets

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2023, 01:04 PM
Here is a question I have for some of the old timer CAA guys- I think we all agree that NOW, even the CAA best just do not come close to the TOP 3-4 FCS powers which is not a slight, its the same thing in FBS where even Notre Dame and Penn State and similar seem to not be close to Georgia, Bama etc.. Not saying that cant change but you get the point. My question is this- NOT including JMU, was the CAA just better back when Richmond, Delaware, Nova weere making it far or winning it all? Hell even Towson was in the championship game.. OR, is it that The montanas, Dakotas etc are just that much better now..

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 13th, 2023, 01:20 PM
Hurricane Lee is making landfall in Maine on Saturday and although it will be a tropical storm at that point 50mph winds are predicted with power failures as well. Hearing rumblings that game may be moved to Friday night, that would be awesome although it may have helped us to play it in the rain and wind and maybe keep Kasim from throwing those deep routes(LOL). Expect some final decision shortly.

UNHWildcat18
September 13th, 2023, 01:26 PM
Here is a question I have for some of the old timer CAA guys- I think we all agree that NOW, even the CAA best just do not come close to the TOP 3-4 FCS powers which is not a slight, its the same thing in FBS where even Notre Dame and Penn State and similar seem to not be close to Georgia, Bama etc.. Not saying that cant change but you get the point. My question is this- NOT including JMU, was the CAA just better back when Richmond, Delaware, Nova weere making it far or winning it all? Hell even Towson was in the championship game.. OR, is it that The montanas, Dakotas etc are just that much better now..

So Many factors gone into why the NDSU's of the world and now SDSU even MSU have started to separate out a bit. Having Hampton lose at home to a team that lost to a D2 team the previous week doesn't help the conference look strong.......That's for damn sure

KPSUL
September 13th, 2023, 02:41 PM
https://youtube.com/shorts/hgBM6bfIGRI?si=Al3RwLj18hTiYimw

I respect Coach Oliver and became bit of a NCCU fan after they beat us (UNH) last season, but even more after beating Coach Prime University in the Celebration Bowl. But he's doing an apples to grapes comparison talking about NCA&T vs NCCU as if it was a routine MEAC game. It is an intra-state rivalry game with a 90 year history between arguably the two best HBCU programs of the last 8 years. Richmond vs William & Mary and UNH vs Maine create considerably more enthusiasm than an average CAA game, particularly when a conference championship or playoff bid is on the table for the home team.

I do understand that he may be upset by losing two long term MEAC family members over the past two years and now down to a six team conference.
Where do you see benefits for NCA&T and Hampton in moving to the CAA?

KPSUL
September 13th, 2023, 02:55 PM
Hurricane Lee is making landfall in Maine on Saturday and although it will be a tropical storm at that point 50mph winds are predicted with power failures as well. Hearing rumblings that game may be moved to Friday night, that would be awesome although it may have helped us to play it in the rain and wind and maybe keep Kasim from throwing those deep routes(LOL). Expect some final decision shortly.

Having the same thoughts about Dartmouth vs UNH. Dartmouth could only benefit from a game in heavy rain and high winds vs UNH as they feature an offense that relies heavily on a QB who is more of a power runner than a passer. (Nick Howard). The detailed forecast is calling for the intense period of the storm to hit Durham, NH late morning and early afternoon on Saturday. A 6pm start may just mean light rain and winds around 18mph. Of course Hurricane forecasting is challenge at best. The storm could speed up, slow down or change course. Changing a game time could result in worse conditions than the original start time. Good luck with whatever is decided and don't hit the Shotsie Board to hard!

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM

The CAA is a shadow of what it was, watched an old game on youtube recently and it was JMU at Richmond 2008, Ward was the Richmond QB and the old downtown stadium was rockin, the quality of that game was at a much higher level than we see today. South Dakota St and North Dakota st were non factors at the time as they were starting to transition up from D2. Delaware handled S Dakota St easily at home in 2010 but people were saying that team would be a factor soon enough. The real rival in those days was Appalachian State who won 3 in a row right in middle of CAA dominance. By the time Towson went to finals the CAA was a non factor vs Dakota minus JMU of course

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 13th, 2023, 03:59 PM
UMaine-Rhody game moved to Friday night at 6:30.

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2023, 08:34 PM
UMaine-Rhody game moved to Friday night at 6:30.

wow-- i want eve paying attention to the storm.. should favor Maine at least a bit? or would it have been better to play in outright dog ***** I guess

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 14th, 2023, 07:05 AM
Playing Saturday would have been better for us in driving rain and wind may have kept Kasim from beating us long. Not sure we have even tried a long pass this year(YUCK)
OH well, get to stay dry Friday and enjoy home opener. I wish our coach would give update on injuries, he is old school for a young coach and won't comment on that subject.

caribbeanhen
September 14th, 2023, 07:33 AM
You guys can complain about FloSports all you want, but do you know what? it works!

ESPN + nothing but problems

Using Roku with ESPN app, it won’t replay games and tells you to check your Internet service which is working fine. Flosports will play the replays without a problem. It does tell me I’m subscribed

Cell phone was working on week 1, but now it’s telling me I need to sign up. I signed up on August 29th.

Customer support? Pure comedy until your disconnected with no follow up at all.

I wish there was a way I could’ve downloaded the transcript of that conversation. If it was a bot, they have improved the human like quality but still dumb as a rock. On cell phone it tells me I’m not subscribed…

Anyway, Flo told me to tell ESPN to kiss my grits

MUHAWKS
September 14th, 2023, 07:43 AM
You guys can complain about FloSports all you want, but do you know what? it works!

Using Roku with ESPN app, it won’t replay games and tells you to check your Internet service which is working fine. Flosports will play the replays without a problem. It does tell me I’m subscribed

Cell phone was working on week 1, but now it’s telling me I need to sign up. I signed up on August 29th.

I wish there was a way I could’ve downloaded the transcript of that conversation. If it was a bot, they have improved the human like quality but still dumb as a rock. On cell phone it tells me I’m not subscribed…

I have had some issues with APP at time as well, but NEVER had even one single issue when I watch on computer which is what I use so I can watch multiple games at time..Do me a favor and try and do exactly what you are doing on your desktop/lapto, I bet you wont have issues. The one thing I do have an issue with with espn is that I will go to watch and tells me I need to login at times, even though its already saved and every other site "remembers" that I am logeed in ie- amazon, starz, etc- I will continue to complain about FLO!!

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2023, 07:44 AM

.....AH PAY....COMCAST....FO' NFL PACKAGE....AN' DEY GO....AN' PUT DUH THURSDAY NIGHTERS...........ON PRIME......(laugh ta keep from crying')....xlolx>xbawlingx.........F%#&***^@!

ps.....AN' TA-NITE....IT'S IGGLES......AWK!

TribeNomad1
September 14th, 2023, 07:59 AM
I have had some issues with APP at time as well, but NEVER had even one single issue when I watch on computer which is what I use so I can watch multiple games at time..Do me a favor and try and do exactly what you are doing on your desktop/lapto, I bet you wont have issues. The one thing I do have an issue with with espn is that I will go to watch and tells me I need to login at times, even though its already saved and every other site "remembers" that I am logeed in ie- amazon, starz, etc- I will continue to complain about FLO!!

Me too with +. One day auto log on, next day says I need to log on??

MUHAWKS
September 14th, 2023, 08:06 AM
Me too with +. One day auto log on, next day says I need to log on??

correct and I NEVER rememeber my p/w so i have to get the code sent to email and after you put code in it asks basically if you want to just log in or chage p/w and its lways right at kickoff so I dont spend the xtra minute lol and just log in so I have to do it every time lol

caribbeanhen
September 14th, 2023, 08:06 AM

Good advice but right now I’m lap topless 😀

Next week I’ll give it a shot, but I like to use the cell phone to watch games propped up on dash and the laptop is no good for that

rhowdyram
September 14th, 2023, 09:01 AM

Weird, I run ESPN+ through my PS5 and it's an outstanding experience, far better than Flo.

rhowdyram
September 14th, 2023, 09:03 AM
No changes in the 2-deep this week for Rhody. There was worry about Kasim Hill after leaving the Stony Brook game last week, but he was a full participant in practice Monday and is in line for the start tomorrow.

caribbeanhen
September 14th, 2023, 09:06 AM
Weird, I run ESPN+ through my PS5 and it's an outstanding experience, far better than Flo.

What is a PS5?

A play station? Lmao I haven’t seen one of those since my Atari pong game in 1980.

WestCoastAggie
September 14th, 2023, 09:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/live/puVWh4xKbPc?si=dn_0LHGwmtO99eRn

The first 30 minutes of the show speaks to how A&T was able to get a pair of games (Aggie/Eagle & GHOE) in major media markets across the country with flexibility of our new CBS Network/FloSports media deal.

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2023, 09:11 AM
No changes in the 2-deep this week for Rhody. There was worry about Kasim Hill after leaving the Stony Brook game last week, but he was a full participant in practice Monday and is in line for the start tomorrow.

Not for nothing dude but do you guys suck this year? B/c I watched the SB game and although it was clear you guys were way better, the score was 24-13 in the 4th qtr and SB ran for 170 yards. URI also did not totally dismantle them. I am NOT saying SB is good but they have some grit and for whatever reason you guys needed some late stuff to truly put them away.

....HUMMM!......FUNNY.....MU...NEVERAH MENTIONED DAT.....xsmhx.....HUMMMM!

rhowdyram
September 14th, 2023, 09:39 AM
I mean, I don't know how they define dismantle but we were up 28-7 at the half and most of the second half had the same energy as the second half of a preseason NFL game because Stony Brook was so overmatched and we didn't seem to want to go for a complete blowout. Maybe we should have put them away by more than 3 TD's? But yeah, Kasim Hill didn't play the last 11 minutes of the game after leaving on a late and low hit and Stony Brook scored their second TD with 3 minutes left playing their starters against our second and third string defensive players. We won by 21 and it wasn't even really that close.

Also, as for the grit comment, the most amount of grit I saw out of Stony Brook happened on their own sidelines in the fourth quarter. On two occasions coaches had to separate players who were fighting with each other.

MUHAWKS
September 14th, 2023, 09:44 AM

....HUMMM!......FUNNY.....MU...NEVERAH MENTIONED DAT.....xsmhx.....HUMMMM!

why would i mention it, he left half way thru the 4th qtr? Hypocrisy bro- when Monmouth wins 42-23 its "but it was 28-23 in the 4th.. when Monmouth LOSES to URI in 7 OT or is beating UNH middle 4th it means nothing. Hilarious. We all possess bias, but in this case Kasim leaving middle 4th ( I think we was ou for ONE drive) it is truly meaningless. And the point is- Stony Brook may be bad but so far they have not gotten embarassed and they played supposedly 2 of the top CAA schools..

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2023, 09:52 AM
why would i mention it, he left half way thru the 4th qtr? Hypocrisy bro- when Monmouth wins 42-23 its "but it was 28-23 in the 4th.. when Monmouth LOSES to URI in 7 OT or is beating UNH middle 4th it means nothing. Hilarious. We all possess bias, but in this case Kasim leaving middle 4th ( I think we was ou for ONE drive) it is truly meaningless. And the point is- Stony Brook may be bad but so far they have not gotten embarassed and they played supposedly 2 of the top CAA schools..

Not for nothing dude but do you guys suck this year? B/c I watched the SB game and although it was clear you guys were way better, the score was 24-13 in the 4th qtr and SB ran for 170 yards. URI also did not totally dismantle them. I am NOT saying SB is good but they have some grit and for whatever reason you guys needed some late stuff to truly put them away

......HMMM!.....YOU SAID LIKEWISE....'BOUT HENS STONY BROOK EFFORT....AWK!

MUHAWKS
September 14th, 2023, 10:00 AM
I mean, I don't know how they define dismantle but we were up 28-7 at the half and most of the second half had the same energy as the second half of a preseason NFL game because Stony Brook was so overmatched and we didn't seem to want to go for a complete blowout. Maybe we should have put them away by more than 3 TD's? But yeah, Kasim Hill didn't play the last 11 minutes of the game after leaving on a late and low hit and Stony Brook scored their second TD with 3 minutes left playing their starters against our second and third string defensive players. We won by 21 and it wasn't even really that close.

Also, as for the grit comment, the most amount of grit I saw out of Stony Brook happened on their own sidelines in the fourth quarter. On two occasions coaches had to separate players who were fighting with each other.

To be clear- nothing I said was aimed at URI, a team I like and think is good. I am just stating what I see. Really Really good teams who play against really bad teams, more often than not, win by scores like 49-10 or similar. sure things happen in a game or week to week when it does not happen but put up all those points against FBS and the SB holding to 35 instead of like 60. The last SB TD really p*ssed me off as it screwed my parlay which included URI. Anyway I just want consistency really and I am willing to adhere to whatever everyone else thinks. Do final scores matter? Does s game being close in the 4th matter? How do we judge? URI and DEL are clearly light years ahead of SB and would beat them 100 out of 100 times .But MU caught a bit of slack for being "close" with Towson before pulling away. I see that as more impressive to put some away whe the other team is actually i the game and "trying" than getting a couple late scores to make it loo bigger after already clearly winning. Again, most of my angst stems still from last year b/c we had 2 very close losses to playoff teams (leading both in 4th qtr) and then the 7 OT game with you guys, which using the logic of some here should have made us raked a bit higher to start the year (not top 25 but somwhere in the 30-40 rage).. But whatever- Not a big deal.

MUHAWKS
September 14th, 2023, 10:03 AM
Not for nothing dude but do you guys suck this year? B/c I watched the SB game and although it was clear you guys were way better, the score was 24-13 in the 4th qtr and SB ran for 170 yards. URI also did not totally dismantle them. I am NOT saying SB is good but they have some grit and for whatever reason you guys needed some late stuff to truly put them away

......HMMM!.....YOU SAID LIKEWISE....'BOUT HENS STONY BROOK EFFORT....AWK!

Are you ok man? Yes I did, who is denying that? was 24-13 game with SB "driving" early in the 4th? If they are THAT BAD and you guys are a top 20 team I am saying either SB is not THAT bad or you guys are not THaT good. I dont think wht I am saying is far fetched.

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2023, 10:08 AM
To be clear- nothing I said was aimed at URI, a team I like and think is good. I am just stating what I see. Really Really good teams who play against really bad teams, more often than not, win by scores like 49-10 or similar. sure things happen in a game or week to week when it does not happen but put up all those points against FBS and the SB holding to 35 instead of like 60. The last SB TD really p*ssed me off as it screwed my parlay which included URI. Anyway I just want consistency really and I am willing to adhere to whatever everyone else thinks. Do final scores matter? Does s game being close in the 4th matter? How do we judge? URI and DEL are clearly light years ahead of SB and would beat them 100 out of 100 times .But MU caught a bit of slack for being "close" with Towson before pulling away. I see that as more impressive to put some away whe the other team is actually i the game and "trying" than getting a couple late scores to make it loo bigger after already clearly winning. Again, most of my angst stems still from last year b/c we had 2 very close losses to playoff teams (leading both in 4th qtr) and then the 7 OT game with you guys, which using the logic of some here should have made us raked a bit higher to start the year (not top 25 but somwhere in the 30-40 rage).. But whatever- Not a big deal.

....DUDE...MAH POINT IS....YOUSE SAID DUH SAME 'BOUT HENS/STONY 4TH QUARTER.......AN MONMOUTH HAD DUH SAME SCENARIO WITH TOWSON.....BUT DERE'S SOMETHIN' WRONG WHIFF ME FO' CALLIN' OUT HAWKS 4TH Q EFFORT.....WHEN YOU DID DUH SAME TA HENS.......NOT WASTIN' ANY MORE BREATH ON YA......AWK!

rhowdyram
September 14th, 2023, 10:10 AM

Fair enough. In person it felt like we were content in the second half, really even toward the end of the first half, to just keep the clock moving and weren't really running the offense we would have been if the game was in doubt. Maybe we should have kept going to win by a larger margin and get some style points, but with where we've been I'm thrilled by winning a conference game by 21, having the game never in doubt in the second half, and having a completely intact two-deep going into our next game.

MUHAWKS
September 14th, 2023, 10:17 AM
....DUDE...MAH POINT IS....YOUSE SAID DUH SAME 'BOUT HENS/STONY 4TH QUARTER.......AN MONMOUTH HAD DUH SAME SCENARIO WITH TOWSON.....BUT DERE'S SOMETHIN' WRONG WHIFF ME FO' CALLIN' OUT HAWKS 4TH Q EFFORT.....WHEN YOU DID DUH SAME TA HENS.......NOT WASTIN' ANY MORE BREATH ON YA......AWK!

wow- you are not as astute as I thought. You are comparing me calling out a top 20 team's effort against the leagues worst to a 5-6 team (us) from last year playing against a team who beat us last year who many picked to beat us. THAT IS THE POINT. If you cannot see the difference then your + del bias and anti MU bias is now fully clear.

caribbeanhen
September 14th, 2023, 10:42 AM

When Stony came out in second half and had some success running the ball it should be noted that Delaware had several starters on the bench, including the D line. Both Delaware games so far haven’t really told us much

Stony Brook is just a really bad team right now devoid of talent

MUHAWKS
September 14th, 2023, 10:44 AM
When Stony came out in second half and had some success running the ball it should be noted that Delaware had several starters on the bench, including the D line. Both Delaware games so far haven’t really told us much

Stony Brook is just a really bad team right now devoid of talent

were they hurt? why are starters on the bench in a game that is still relatively close?

caribbeanhen
September 14th, 2023, 10:49 AM

I haven’t seen one Delaware fan brag on Delaware this year with the exception of MUHAWKS…

caribbeanhen
September 14th, 2023, 10:53 AM
were they hurt? why are starters on the bench in a game that is still relatively close?

well, Marcus Yarns ran one from 52 yards at the start of the third-quarter that put Delaware up 24-3. I’m guessing Carty was comfortable and given how bad Stony looked, he figured it was time to take a look some non starters

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2023, 10:56 AM
wow- you are not as astute as I thought. You are comparing me calling out a top 20 team's effort against the leagues worst to a 5-6 team (us) from last year playing against a team who beat us last year who many picked to beat us. THAT IS THE POINT. If you cannot see the difference then your + del bias and anti MU bias is now fully clear.

WE ARE STARTIN' 9 NEW PLAYERS ON DEFENSE...DELAWARE IS NOT THE SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR YET.....SAM HERDER AH BELIEVE...PICKED US 6TH IN CONFERENCE.....AH HAVE US @ 7/8.....DELAWARE'S OWN SPORTS WRITER.....SAYS WE'RE NOT AS GOOD AS OUR POLL POSITION......YER SADLY MISTAKEN IFIN' YOU GO BY LAST YEAR......NO HEN FAN ON HERE...HAS BRAGGED ABOUT HOW STRONG OUR TEAM IS...WETHER WINNIN' BAH 50...OR 1.....IT'S UH WIN.....SOME GOOD TEAMS IN OUR CONFERENCE...ARE GONNA ESCAPE...BAH UH FG OR LESS....TA DUH A&T'S....STONY'S/HAMPTON'S........DOODLE-DOO!....

YOU BIASLY WROTE...... HAWKS WENT ON 42-13 RUN.....AN' MADE IT SOUND LIKE UH SOUTH DAKOTA STATE RUNAWAY......WHEN IN FACT......TIGERS.....WERE NIPPIN' @ YER TAIL FEATHERS.....WHIFF 5 MINUTES TA GO......BAWK!

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2023, 01:41 PM
https://udreview.com/reports-delaware-open-to-leaving-caa-for-move-up-to-fbs-conference-destination-yet-to-emerge/

Basically the Godfathers on the BoT have given the green light for an FBS move but no suitors now but a facelift in the works

WestCoastAggie
September 15th, 2023, 02:27 PM
https://udreview.com/reports-delaware-open-to-leaving-caa-for-move-up-to-fbs-conference-destination-yet-to-emerge/

Basically the Godfathers on the BoT have given the green light for an FBS move but no suitors now but a facelift in the works

"Motivating Delaware is, in part, the new-look CAA that has introduced institutions perceived as further apart from the Hens in athletic identity, resources and success. While James Madison (aside from its leap past Delaware in on-field results in latter years) was seen as perhaps the league’s closest peer of the Blue Hens in school size and football-oriented commitment to athletic success, certain newcomers to the CAA, among them Hampton University and 2024 football-only add Bryant University, are not of comparable pedigree or institutional profile to Delaware."

So basically, they don't like rubbing elbows with the Black Schools and those they feel are "academically inferior"? Yikes!

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2023, 02:35 PM
"Motivating Delaware is, in part, the new-look CAA that has introduced institutions perceived as further apart from the Hens in athletic identity, resources and success. While James Madison (aside from its leap past Delaware in on-field results in latter years) was seen as perhaps the league’s closest peer of the Blue Hens in school size and football-oriented commitment to athletic success, certain newcomers to the CAA, among them Hampton University and 2024 football-only add Bryant University, are not of comparable pedigree or institutional profile to Delaware."

So basically, they don't like rubbing elbows with the Black Schools and those they feel are "academically inferior"?

Who’s they?

For what’s it’s worth, I’m just fine with Delaware staying in FCS but as far as fans go, I’m in the minority.

and UD has been “rubbing elbows” with Del St for almost 20 years now so I don’t think that’s really it

WestCoastAggie
September 15th, 2023, 02:40 PM
Who’s they?

For what’s it’s worth, I’m just fine with Delaware staying in FCS but as far as fans go, I’m in the minority.

According to the paragraph in the article... UD.

And to be totally honest, I suspected this would occur once A&T accepted the invite and many experts in the HBCU sector said the same thing. I was hopeful that this wouldn't be the case as I've advocated A&T making this move for years.

MR. CHICKEN
September 15th, 2023, 02:53 PM
According to the paragraph in the article... UD.

And to be totally honest, I suspected this would occur once A&T accepted the invite and many experts in the HBCU sector said the same thing. I was hopeful that this wouldn't be the case as I've advocated A&T making this move for years.

....UMMMM!......WE PLAY DELAWARE STATE..2024/25/26/27/29........AH TOO....WOOD STAY FCS....IFIN' IT WAS....UP TA ME.....AWK!

....AN' NORFOLK STATE IN '24....TOO!