PDA

View Full Version : 2023 CAA Megathread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Tribe4SF
January 9th, 2024, 04:01 PM
Catching up....and surpassing. Any new donations lately?

Read the links. Doubt you'll surpass us. Glad Maine is committed to athletics.

UNHWildcat18
January 9th, 2024, 08:13 PM
Many fans and students do not see those schools as peers…. New members and New England schools….. I wont argue thoughts on W&Ms thoughts on CAA conference based sports because frankly I don’t give a ****, but what a lazy writer. URI Maine and UNH during the Yankee conference years invited UD UR and Nova in 1986/1988 and then JMU and W&M in 93. So apparently they did think we were their peers for specifically football. I don’t disagree about a lot of the new members and he mentioned Sun Belt/A-10 schools as being peers like ODU and JMU Richmond so I kinda get it that at least.

Again I don’t say I disagree about all sports, if W&M wants to measure manhood length with the PL schools for all sports…whatever.

How can I really be mad though, this was the New England schools football conference and we lost it. Now arguably a team at the centerpiece of mucking it up is unhappy… figures.

mainejeff
January 9th, 2024, 08:37 PM
Many fans and students do not see those schools as peers…. New members and New England schools….. I wont argue thoughts on W&Ms thoughts on CAA conference based sports because frankly I don’t give a ****, but what a lazy writer. URI Maine and UNH during the Yankee conference years invited UD UR and Nova in 1986/1988 and then JMU and W&M in 93. So apparently they did think we were their peers for specifically football. I don’t disagree about a lot of the new members and he mentioned Sun Belt/A-10 schools as being peers like ODU and JMU Richmond so I kinda get it that at least.

Again I don’t say I disagree about all sports, if W&M wants to measure manhood length with the PL schools for all sports…whatever.

How can I really be mad though, this was the New England schools football conference and we lost it. Now arguably a team at the centerpiece of mucking it up is unhappy… figures.

I think that you summed up the thoughts of many of us. Gonna be interesting to see W&M have to man up and lead the way instead of riding the coat tails of Delaware and JMU.

Go...gate
January 10th, 2024, 12:32 AM
the rumor is Richmond, Elon and William & Mary to the Southern

Maine, UNH, Nova to the Patriot

The MEAC merges into the CAA

Stony Brook mercifully drops football

All sports or football only?

If football only, maybe URI should consider joining up as well.

Go...gate
January 10th, 2024, 12:42 AM
Don't disagree with some of this but for potentially Northeastern. My understanding is that they have been actively and inactively (back door conversations) been working the PL and one other league for quite awhile (not the AE). Per my understanding, it's the PL or bust...with the bust being sticking with the CAA until a split happens, while strengthening the CAA north. Have that from multiple, close contacts to the NU situation. Who knows if its canary in a coal mine stuff. I certainly don't.

If only Northeastern had not dropped football. Hofstra as well.

Go...gate
January 10th, 2024, 12:48 AM
I'm with my Maine and UNH brothers here. Not a fan of the new CAA which gets worse every year. Losing our main rival after '24 makes the conference even worse. Nova has nothing in common with the new southern additions. A new hybrid league of the northern CAA with some Patriot League schools would be much more interesting than the current mess.

They would be a good fit with our football schools.

Tribe4SF
January 10th, 2024, 04:24 AM
Ain't the internet grand? Writer quotes W&M AD saying the school is committed to the CAA... implies that fan base and students don't like northern football members... trolls take that as fact and suddenly W&M is a bogeyman.

UNHWildcat18
January 10th, 2024, 08:48 AM
Ain't the internet grand? Writer quotes W&M AD saying the school is committed to the CAA... implies that fan base and students don't like northern football members... trolls take that as fact and suddenly W&M is a bogeyman.

I mean it’s not really that I took it as fact except for the fact he might believe that. However it’s extremely lazy writing is all, to presume feelings of the fans and students, without anything to support it.

Also yes the CAA all sports CAAFB members are partially to blame for the current state. It’s you guys worrying about the all sports conference that de facto has gotten teams that make little sense added to the football conference. One could argue it’s the AE teams fault for Bryant and I’d take that on the chin. However all of the affiliates can absolutely point the finger for other adds.

UNHWildcat18
January 10th, 2024, 08:51 AM
Ugh oh, I wonder what this could be… probably not an ESPN+ deal….

https://twitter.com/CAAFootball/status/1745083084238635216

MR. CHICKEN
January 10th, 2024, 09:23 AM
Ugh oh, I wonder what this could be… probably not an ESPN+ deal….

https://twitter.com/CAAFootball/status/1745083084238635216

..........CAA TA RELEASE 2024 SKEDS....??.......xdontknowx.......BRAWK?

.........TRESSOLINI.......DIS MORNIN'..........SAYS UD IS EXPECTED.........TA RELEASE TA-DAY...AWK?

caribbeanhen
January 10th, 2024, 09:32 AM

..........CAA TA RELEASE 2024 SKEDS....??.......xdontknowx.......BRAWK?

.........TRESSOLINI.......DIS MORNIN'..........SAYS UD IS EXPECTED.........TA RELEASE TA-DAY...AWK?

here it is

2024 Delaware Football Schedule
8/29 – Bryant
9/14 – at NC A&T *
9/21 – Penn
9/28 – Sacred Heart (Parents & Family Weekend)
10/5 – at Monmouth *
10/12 – Maine *
10/19 – at Richmond *
10/26 – UAlbany * (Homecoming)
11/9 – Rhode Island *
11/16 – Campbell *
11/23 – at Villanova *

* CAA game

UNHWildcat18
January 10th, 2024, 09:36 AM
Right you are Mr.Chicken. 2024 schedules are out

Southsider
January 10th, 2024, 09:41 AM
here it is

2024 Delaware Football Schedule
8/29 – Bryant
9/14 – at NC A&T *
9/21 – Penn
9/28 – Sacred Heart (Parents & Family Weekend)
10/5 – at Monmouth *
10/12 – Maine *
10/19 – at Richmond *
10/26 – UAlbany * (Homecoming)
11/9 – Rhode Island *
11/16 – Campbell *
11/23 – at Villanova *

* CAA game

Last winning season for a while. Enjoy!

MR. CHICKEN
January 10th, 2024, 09:43 AM
WELP....THOUGHT WE MIGHT UH SEEN UH LOW LEVEL FBS OOC...POSSIBLY UH.....C-USA ONE...xcoolx.......NOT!

Sitting Bull
January 10th, 2024, 09:53 AM

Personally I’m glad to hear Manns position. Not a fan of either the PL as a home or some G5 conglomeration. If he thinks the fanbase isn’t plugged into New England rivalries, what will they think of Kentucky/Texas/Louisiana games.

The New England four to me make the league stronger in my view. Even OOC, past games with Harvard, Holy Cross and Dartmouth filled Zable. Part of that was interest - the other, those schools brought in a lot of fans unlike Maine/URI/UNH.

As it’s set up now, we would likely play just one per year anyway. I think they are an important component though not as important as a solid all sports home from W&M perspective.

MR. CHICKEN
January 10th, 2024, 10:01 AM
Personally I’m glad to hear Manns position. Not a fan of either the PL as a home or some G5 conglomeration. If he thinks the fanbase isn’t plugged into New England rivalries, what will they think of Kentucky/Texas/Louisiana games.

The New England four to me make the league stronger in my view. Even OOC, past games with Harvard, Holy Cross and Dartmouth filled Zable. Part of that was interest - the other, those schools brought in a lot of fans unlike Maine/URI/UNH.

As it’s set up now, we would likely play just one per year anyway. I think they are an important component though not as important as a solid all sports home from W&M perspective.

....EASY TA UNDERSTAND....DUH TRAVELLIN' ASPECT...IS UH DETERRENT..........WILLIAMSBURG....IS UH GOOD DRAW.....FO' DUH HISTORY......WHICH HELPS BOOST DUH VISITORS....BURG ATTENDANCE.......AWK!

Dane96
January 13th, 2024, 06:57 PM
Puff the magic dragon is cooked. Cam Ward (as many of us expected and I had some insight on) is QB 1 at the U. he just spurned the NFL to go to Coral Gables. It was a very naive decision on Poff's part to think he was QB 1 option 1 or 1a. Like the kid a lot, I think he did himself a massive disservice. The portal is a shark infested world and your fortunes can change on a dime.

caribbeanhen
January 13th, 2024, 07:36 PM
Puff the magic dragon is cooked. Cam Ward (as many of us expected and I had some insight on) is QB 1 at the U. he just spurned the NFL to go to Coral Gables. It was a very naive decision on Poff's part to think he was QB 1 option 1 or 1a. Like the kid a lot, I think he did himself a massive disservice. The portal is a shark infested world and your fortunes can change on a dime.

Well at least he’s in Miami

he should get the heck back in the portal

Dane96
January 13th, 2024, 08:49 PM
Well at least he’s in Miami

he should get the heck back in the portal

was absolutely not ready for that jump. Could have stayed at Albany and kept up the progress. He’s a two time transfer and zero doubt has lost credits. It was a poor move and as much as I like him, he got bailed out quite a bit by his receivers and his level is likely Sun Belt.