PDA

View Full Version : 2023 CAA Megathread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2023, 09:56 AM
11 am I think-- al the noon games were out at 10 am. if $ line is -140 or better I will stick to that, but anyway I am guessing -3.5 Hens - I will be on the road and unable to update. Peace- everyone enjoy.

Delaware 3 point favorite

https://www.oddstrader.com/ncaa-college-football/event/delaware-fightin-blue-hens-vs-villanova-wildcats/odds/?conid=22&divid=12&egid=44&eid=4700475&seid=38261

KPSUL
November 18th, 2023, 03:49 PM
So pretty obvious now, 4 CAA teams in the Playoffs Albany with the autobid, plus Villanova, Delaware and Richmond. No 7-4 teams at all in the conference.

Will Albany get a seed? I'd say yes. Albany and Nova come charging in, Delaware stumbles its way in, again.

Dane96
November 18th, 2023, 04:02 PM
Due to some dumbass rules, 'Nova gets the autobid.

I believe we will see 'Nova get 5-7 seed, Albany get an 8 seed, with Delaware and Richmond playing next weekend.

KPSUL
November 18th, 2023, 06:08 PM
Due to some dumbass rules, 'Nova gets the autobid.

I believe we will see 'Nova get 5-7 seed, Albany get an 8 seed, with Delaware and Richmond playing next weekend.

Since when do results vs UNH take precedence over head to head?

Just because the bloated CAA now has some convoluted method of picking the autobid doesn't mean the committee will seed Nova higher than the team that beat them by 3 TDs

MUHAWKS
November 18th, 2023, 06:58 PM
man, the hens really wrecked me! wtf happened--between that and the thumping at albany plus Hoops loss to Princeton, just an awful day! Nice going thought to all CAA playoff teams..LOL- this was BAD!!

MR. CHICKEN
November 18th, 2023, 07:37 PM
man, the hens really wrecked me! wtf happened--between that and the thumping at albany plus Hoops loss to Princeton, just an awful day! Nice going thought to all CAA playoff teams..LOL- this was BAD!!

......HENS LOST...FIRST TWO LEVELS UH QB....WHIFF INJURIES....WENT WHIFF TRUE FRESHMAN...SOMETIME IN SECOND Q THRU FINAL GUN......BUT DUH TRUE STORY WAS 'NOVA CAME TO PLAY....AN' FROM KICK-OFF TA END OF GAME.....TOTALLY OUT-PLAYED........DUH OUTTAH SYNC HENS!........AWK!

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2023, 08:56 PM
......HENS LOST...FIRST TWO LEVELS UH QB....WHIFF INJURIES....WENT WHIFF TRUE FRESHMAN...SOMETIME IN SECOND Q THRU FINAL GUN......BUT DUH TRUE STORY WAS 'NOVA CAME TO PLAY....AN' FROM KICK-OFF TA END OF GAME.....TOTALLY OUT-PLAYED........DUH OUTTAH SYNC HENS!........AWK!

Nova owns the Hens and it’s mostly coaching. That staff has Delawares number big time. Hens Made Nova look like they were a semi final team but chances are the Delaware effect will wear off in Rd 1 when Nova gets bounced out of the playoffs

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2023, 09:46 PM

We’ve been telling you all year the Hens hadn’t played anybody and you know what MUHAWKS… you shoulda listened a bit before you pizz your spare change away, No Delaware fan is making the bet you said you made

Also remember Albany, my “family member” Poffenbarger makes plays …. You didn’t see Albany as a threat if I’m remembering correctly

Delaware lost Sean Marker for the season and Ryan O’Conner was hurt just before him, not saying that was the difference in the game because it wasn’t. Nova was winning that game if Joe Flacco was the QB

GoBlueHens83
November 18th, 2023, 10:08 PM
If Delaware is without their top 2 QBs next week they might not win a playoff game, no matter who the opponent is.

Certainly a disappointing way to end the season, but I have the Villanova game marked off as an L at the beginning of the season until the Hens can prove they can beat them consistently.

KPSUL
November 18th, 2023, 10:32 PM
Nova owns the Hens and it’s mostly coaching. That staff has Delawares number big time. Hens Made Nova look like they were a semi final team but chances are the Delaware effect will wear off in Rd 1 when Nova gets bounced out of the playoffs

Probably impossible for Villanova to get bounced in a 1st round game since they will likely not play until the 2nd Round.

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2023, 06:30 AM
Another enjoyable ride bqck from the 302 as it has been every other season since 2004.

The 3rd week in November win for Villanova football is something we all can set our watch by. Every season the pundits here say Delaware is better and Nova isnt that good. Every season the result is the same.

I’m sure Blew Hen fans are awaiting that day where they move to the federal witness program of the Sun Belt or CUSA conference and drop Nova from their schedule.

Wouldn’t it be something to see the cheapskate selection committee route the Delaware- Duquesne/Lafayette winner to The Main Line for a 2nd round game? Oh that may set the mental health hot lines on overload from Wilmington to Smyrna.

Till we meet again……

GT11

PS: Sorry MUHAWKS, but as u gain valuable CAA experience & knowledge u will know to never bet against The Hoops School on the 3rd weekend in November. Spring game during a 100 year pandemic is your best bet!!

- - - Updated - - -

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2023, 06:43 AM
Probably impossible for Villanova to get bounced in a 1st round game since they will likely not play until the 2nd Round.

You’re so smart KPSUL

thank you for clarifying

The point is Villanova always looks good against the Hens, even when they’re not that good. For whatever reason they don’t look as good in the playoffs and it’s mostly because the Nova staff owns the Delaware staff and players on both teams sense the outcome

KPSUL
November 19th, 2023, 06:58 AM
You’re so smart KPSUL

thank you for clarifying

The point is Villanova always looks good against the Hens, even when they’re not that good. For whatever reason they don’t look as good in the playoffs and it’s mostly because the Nova staff owns the Delaware staff and players on both teams sense the outcome

And I was willing to give full credence to the fact that Delaware had to play 2/3rds of the game with a Freshman QB. Thanks for the more nuanced assessment.

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2023, 07:31 AM
2015 & 2017 Villanova beats Delaware with backup QBs.

2015: The reigning Walter Payton Award winner goes down with a season ending knee injury with Nova down 20-10 in the 3rd quarter. Enter backup QB Zach Bednarczyk making his college debut. ZB runs for 2 scores and the Cats win 28-24.

2017: a supposedly loaded Delaware team looking to clinch a CAA title taking on a 4-6 Nova team coming off back-to-back beatdowns at home to UNH 34-0 & JMU 33-0. Bednarczyk now the starter is done & Nova goes with their backup. Final 28-7 Nova. Luckily Delaware still got in the playoffs, but were sent to JMU for a certain playoff death.

So let’s not give any credence to the backup QB excuse.

GT11

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2023, 07:36 AM
2016 & 2018 Villanova beats Delaware with backup QBs.

2016: The reigning Walter Payton Award winner goes down with a season ending knee injury with Nova down 20-10 in the 3rd quarter. Enter backup QB Zach Bednarczyk making his college debut. ZB runs for 2 scores and the Cats win 28-24.

2018: a supposedly loaded Delaware team looking to clinch a CAA title taking on a 4-6 Nova team coming off back-to-back beatdowns at home to UNH 34-0 & JMU 33-0. Bednarczyk now the starter is done & Nova goes with their backup. Final 28-7 Nova. Luckily Delaware still got in the playoffs, but were sent to JMU for a certain playoff death.

So let’s not give any credence to the backup QB excuse.

GT11

FROM POST # 756

.....WHAT PART UH....'NOVA KICKED OURAH ASS.....DON'T YA UNDERSTAND?...............xdontknowx.............. ..BRAWK?

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2023, 07:44 AM

.....WHAT PART UH....'NOVA KICKED OURAH ASS.....DON'T YA UNDERSTAND?...............xdontknowx.............. ..BRAWK?

2015/17 Nova wins were also true freshman QBs……Your post isn’t the one I was referring to btw……Those open cock pit barrell rolls must have scrambled your cognitive abilities over time. Thank you for your service though!! xsalutexxpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2023, 07:48 AM
2015/17 Nova wins were also true freshman QBs……Your post isn’t the one I was referring to btw……Those open cock pit barrell rolls must have scrambled your cognitive abilities over time. Thank you for your service though!! xsalutexxpeacex

....AH WAS UH MORSE CODE INTERCEPTER/RADIO-PRINTER MAN.......COODAH USED SOME......DITTY DIT-DA-DA-DA-DITTY DIT....DITTY DIT-DA DA DA-DITTY DIT....YESTERDAY.......DOODLE-DOO!

ps.....REMEMBER DAT CODE......CASE YER EVERAH STUCK ON AN ISLAND......OR....YA'S DRAW....SOUFF DAKOTAH STATE...........BRAWK!

MUHAWKS
November 19th, 2023, 07:49 AM
We’ve been telling you all year the Hens hadn’t played anybody and you know what MUHAWKS… you shoulda listened a bit before you pizz your spare change away, No Delaware fan is making the bet you said you made

Also remember Albany, my “family member” Poffenbarger makes plays …. You didn’t see Albany as a threat if I’m remembering correctly

Delaware lost Sean Marker for the season and Ryan O’Conner was hurt just before him, not saying that was the difference in the game because it wasn’t. Nova was winning that game if Joe Flacco was the QB

Actually, I was told "we find out who Delaware is this week" against Towson freaking State-which i laughed at- so I basically lost what I made on The Hampton and Towson games- still not good. I can see the schedule I saw the cupcakes Carty played OOC sans PS but then I also saw the way The Hens beat similar teams that gave issues to other CAA and to me they looked a lot better. IT was an emotional wager and a loss, it happens, I am over it.

As for Albany I never said I do not see them as a "threat" just was not as bulled up as you. I mean every team is a threat? I was wrong there big time and you were right and not just b/c of what they did to us yesterday just b/c of what they did all year combined. I think and hope Albany can go be the CAA rep to take down one of the big boys. Listening to Del fans it wont be you guys. This is a tough biz making sports a part of who you are, some take it more seriously than others. I for one for whatever reason take it hard when my team sucks or misses chances eve though it it totally out of my control. It is what it is, but ne thing Football season teaches me is "The days are long but the years are short"- b/c just yesterday it was 95 degrees and July and I am filled with promise and anticipation and just trying to get through the summer and BOOM just like that it is over (for 80% of college teams). Cannot believe how fast it went. Was fun bantering with everyone, I will be around for the playoffs still wishing the best of health and luck to all CAA participants, love the fcs playoffs!!!

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2023, 08:07 AM
....AH WAS UH MORSE CODE INTERCEPTER/RADIO-PRINTER MAN.......COODAH USED SOME......DITTY DIT-DA-DA-DA-DITTY DIT....DITTY DIT-DA DA DA-DITTY DIT....YESTERDAY.......DOODLE-DOO!

ps.....REMEMBER DAT CODE......CASE YER EVERAH STUCK ON AN ISLAND......OR....YA'S DRAW....SOUFF DAKOTAH STATE...........BRAWK!

Thanks Mr. Chicken. We won’t need the code as CarribHen has us losing in the bye week.

- - - Updated - -

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2023, 09:04 AM
know very little about you, but this quote alone makes me love you. Fantastic stuff..

“MUHAWKS will be living in a tent by the Windmill on Ocean Ave”.

If I’m ever passing through Asbury Park again MUHAWKS I’ll find this place and stop by and say hello. I can bring you an Italian sub and a cup of Joe, maybe a pack of matches. I always carry an old basketball in the trunk just in case an old hoops star happens to be in the vicinity and wants to show off the old set shot for a game of H O R S E.
Does the name Brian Magid mean anything to anyone? That’s me from 3 before they had a 3

MRuler
November 19th, 2023, 09:05 AM
I profess the fact that I am not an FCS guru as most on this board are, but for the life of me cant understand how Albany didn't get the autobid since we beat Nova soundly. It doesn't matter I suppose if we have a better seed than Nova but Albany as have other programs have been hosed by the committee in the past. I think we got shut out in 2017 0r 2018 with a 7-4 record. I imagine we get a bye and play the winner of the Delaware-Laffy game. Would love to play Delaware as we didn't play in season.

I know almost nothing about teams from outside the CAA so Dane 96 thinks we will be headed to the Dakotas to play one of those powerhouses. That will be interesting to see what we are made of. In the 2019 playoffs we went out west we got handled. Time will tell.

Hawk keep your chin up Monmouth is a few plays away from being in the thick of things.

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2023, 09:06 AM

S O S …..

but not A B B A

MRuler
November 19th, 2023, 09:08 AM
S O S …..

but not A B B A

No Mama Mia??

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2023, 09:16 AM
No Mama Mia??

… _ _ _ …

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2023, 09:20 AM
I profess the fact that I am not an FCS guru as most on this board are, but for the life of me cant understand how Albany didn't get the autobid since we beat Nova soundly. It doesn't matter I suppose if we have a better seed than Nova but Albany as have other programs have been hosed by the committee in the past. I think we got shut out in 2017 0r 2018 with a 7-4 record. I imagine we get a bye and play the winner of the Delaware-Laffy game. Would love to play Delaware as we didn't play in season.

I know almost nothing about teams from outside the CAA so Dane 96 thinks we will be headed to the Dakotas to play one of those powerhouses. That will be interesting to see what we are made of. In the 2019 playoffs we went out west we got handled. Time will tell.

Hawk keep your chin up Monmouth is a few plays away from being in the thick of things..

Blame W&M letting Richmond create a 3-way tie & throw out your H2H advantage over Nova. xpeacex

Henny
November 19th, 2023, 10:12 AM
Another enjoyable ride bqck from the 302 as it has been every other season since 2004.

The 3rd week in November win for Villanova football is something we all can set our watch by. Every season the pundits here say Delaware is better and Nova isnt that good. Every season the result is the same.

I’m sure Blew Hen fans are awaiting that day where they move to the federal witness program of the Sun Belt or CUSA conference and drop Nova from their schedule.

Wouldn’t it be something to see the cheapskate selection committee route the Delaware- Duquesne/Lafayette winner to The Main Line for a 2nd round game? Oh that may set the mental health hot lines on overload from Wilmington to Smyrna.

Till we meet again……

GT11

PS: Sorry MUHAWKS, but as u gain valuable CAA experience & knowledge u will know to never bet against The Hoops School on the 3rd weekend in November. Spring game during a 100 year pandemic is your best bet!!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats GT, I realize winning graciously isn't your strong suit, so I'll just say the game was very good before Nova knocked out not just our starter but our 1A QB as well. We had the same hold over UMass before they went FBS and I guess the tables have been turned on the Hens. UD will have a new rival , maybe Liberty or possibly that same UMass squad. Hopefully you enjoyed the 18,000 crowd but It's a shame you won't be around to see UD's $100,000,00 stadium and practice facility upgrade. Best of luck in future seasons in the Coastal!

MUHAWKS
November 19th, 2023, 10:14 AM
so did Albany at least win "The CAA Title"?? and just not get the autobid? Like who gets the trophy? Pls tell me it was Albany.

Albany can and prob still will get the higher seed IMO- should not be a question but I guess with this stuff anything can happen. What are the chances that it is NOT Lafayette/Delaware? very little right.

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2023, 10:21 AM

......COMMITTEE...CURVE BALLS....ARE UH COMIN'.......BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2023, 10:26 AM
Congrats GT, I realize winning graciously isn't your strong suit, so I'll just say the game was very good before Nova knocked out not just our starter but our 1A QB as well. We had the same hold over UMass before they went FBS and I guess the tables have been turned on the Hens. UD will have a new rival , maybe Liberty or possibly that same UMass squad. Hopefully you enjoyed the 18,000 crowd but It's a shame you won't be around to see UD's $100,000,00 stadium and practice facility upgrade. Best of luck in future seasons in the Coastal!

Tbh, It was about 6,000 as the 3rd was ending as the loyal fans recognized another beatdown was upon them. Fortunately for your concessions sales Section H was pretty much full to the end.

Good luck in the G5 Federal Witness Protection program. It’s hard to be humble when every year all it’s about how great Delaware is and how important they are to the CAA/FCS & then comes the 3rd week of November & we beat you like its a bad PL team.

Enjoy all your state funded facilities. I think u may want to reconsider the Liberty rivalry comment. Might look a lot what you see from the Nova games for the past 15 years. You might try a few games with Delaware State.

This rivalry died years ago as did Delaware being a relevant FCS title contender. Its just the gohens.net faithfuls that can’t see it. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2023, 10:34 AM
so did Albany at least win "The CAA Title"?? and just not get the autobid? Like who gets the trophy? Pls tell me it was Albany.

Albany can and prob still will get the higher seed IMO- should not be a question but I guess with this stuff anything can happen. What are the chances that it is NOT Lafayette/Delaware? very little right.

...TWAS...UH 3WAY.....WHIFF 'NOVA/RICHMOND/ALBANY.........POINT DIFFERENTIAL RULE.....BROKE DUH TIE.......PER WRITE-UP...ON ALBANY SITE.......BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2023, 10:43 AM

...TWAS...UH 3WAY.....WHIFF 'NOVA/RICHMOND/ALBANY.........POINT DIFFERENTIAL RULE.....BROKE DUH TIE.......PER WRITE-UP...ON ALBANY SITE.......BRAWK!

Here is the article explaining Nova tie-breaker win:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/villanova-throttles-delaware-in-caa-showdown-wins-3-way-tiebreaker-for-championship/ar-AA1k9Q8a

Love the title btw.

GT11

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2023, 10:49 AM
33173...........YET?

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2023, 11:16 AM
.....CHICKEN SIGNIN' OFF LADS......TRAFFIC WILL BE LIKE THANKSGIVIN'.........II YEAR 'OL....I-MAC....IS SLOTH LIKE..............DOODLES & LUCK TA ALL!

Henny
November 19th, 2023, 12:47 PM
Tbh, It was about 6,000 as the 3rd was ending as the loyal fans recognized another beatdown was upon them. Fortunately for your concessions sales Section H was pretty much full to the end.

Good luck in the G5 Federal Witness Protection program. It’s hard to be humble when every year all it’s about how great Delaware is and how important they are to the CAA/FCS & then comes the 3rd week of November & we beat you like its a bad PL team.

Enjoy all your state funded facilities. I think u may want to reconsider the Liberty rivalry comment. Might look a lot what you see from the Nova games for the past 15 years. You might try a few games with Delaware State.

This rivalry died years ago as did Delaware being a relevant FCS title contender. Its just the gohens.net faithfuls that can’t see it. xpeacex

Well good luck to dead end Nova and its 87 fans in the SDSU bracket. Maybe you'll forge a new rival with Monmouth. I hear it's the Harvard of the Jersey shore HAHAHA!!!

KPSUL
November 19th, 2023, 12:47 PM

The CAA declares any teams tied with the best record "Co-Champions". They make no distinction with tie-breakers.

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2023, 01:07 PM
Well good luck to dead end Nova and its 87 fans in the SDSU bracket. Maybe you'll forge a new rival with Monmouth. I hear it's the Harvard of the Jersey shore HAHAHA!!!

Like Montana won’t put 70+ on your team if (it’s a big if) u beat Lafayette…..You can’t kid anyone here that a conference with Liberty, NMSU, SHSU, La.Tech, Jax State, MTSU, FIU, UTEP, & WKU (UMASS?) is appealing any Eastern football fan. If that is what it takes to stop the November ass-whoopings so be.

Delaware football is & has been average at best for years. Nova has owned you for a very long time. At least 87 fans are never disappointed playing the Blew Hens!!! Your fans left in big numbers with their heads hanging again! You were probably one of them!!

Monmouth at least knows how to beat Nova!! Be my pleasure to play them every season & create a COMPETITIVE rivalry!!

GL in the FBS witness protection conference. I’m sure that Jax State -Delaware rivalry will be a dousy.

The only thing I’ll miss about our game is the W. Along with carrib & Mr. Chicken here..

xpeacex

CHIP72
November 19th, 2023, 01:21 PM
Glad to see Villanova got a seed and a 1st round bye, but that probable 2nd round game against Youngstown State (who I've been wanting the CAA to poach from the MVFC BTW) won't be easy.

The Wildcats' 2nd round home game is also currently scheduled for the same day as the Big Five Classic at the Wells Fargo Center, and assuming the football playoff game date isn't switched, that will hurt attendance for the playoff game at Villanova Stadium.

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2023, 01:32 PM
Like Montana won’t put 70+ on your team if (it’s a big if) u beat Lafayette…..You can’t kid anyone here that a conference with Liberty, NMSU, SHSU, La.Tech, Jax State, MTSU, FIU, UTEP, & WKU (UMASS?) is appealing any Eastern football fan. If that is what it takes to stop the November ass-whoopings so be.

Delaware football is & has been average at best for years. Nova has owned you for a very long time. At least 87 fans are never disappointed playing the Blew Hens!!! Your fans left in big numbers with their heads hanging again! You were probably one of them!!

Monmouth at least knows how to beat Nova!! Be my pleasure to play them every season & create a COMPETITIVE rivalry!!

GL in the FBS witness protection conference. I’m sure that Jax State -Delaware rivalry will be a dousy.

The only thing I’ll miss about our game is the W. Along with carrib & Mr. Chicken here..

xpeacex

Gangy, when are you going to jump completely out of the Nova closet and explain your love for Monmouth?

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2023, 01:34 PM
Glad to see Villanova got a seed and a 1st round bye, but that probable 2nd round game against Youngstown State (who I've been wanting the CAA to poach from the MVFC BTW) won't be easy.

The Wildcats' 2nd round home game is also currently scheduled for the same day as the Big Five Classic at the Wells Fargo Center, and assuming the football playoff game date isn't switched, that will hurt attendance for the playoff game at Villanova Stadium.

Yes. YSU will certainly be a handful for Nova. Maybe we play on Friday night? We need all 87 fans there!! (that one is for u Henny)

xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2023, 01:42 PM
Gangy, when are you going to jump completely out of the Nova closet and explain your love for Monmouth?

You’ve discussed this in the past. Be my guest, but you may not have all your facts on that one.

xeyebrowx

xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2023, 01:44 PM
You’ve discussed this in the past. Be my guest, but you may not have all your facts on that one.

xeyebrowx

xpeacex

H O R S E for a 1,000?

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2023, 02:03 PM
H O R S E for a 1,000?

I got the winner of you & MUHAWKS since u have an old ball in your trunk!

Sorry I just like getting Henny all worked up. Last time he tried to recruit the Gohens.net geriatric unit after me if you recall. Lol.

I’m just busting Henny. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your Blue Hen family!!!

Nova has the week off thanks to you guys too!!! We have much to be thankful for especially the 3rd Saturday in November schedule each year!!

Go Louisiana Tech and UTEP!!

xpeacex

HensRock
November 19th, 2023, 03:39 PM
Congrats on yet another "Blew" Hen victory, GT11. I really do hope Villanova, Albany and Richmond represent the CAA well in the playoffs. Good luck!

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2023, 03:48 PM
Congrats on yet another "Blew" Hen victory, GT11. I really do hope Villanova, Albany and Richmond represent the CAA well in the playoffs. Good luck!

Same to you Hensrock.

KPSUL
November 19th, 2023, 03:56 PM
Hey, Mr. Chicken, just caught you browsing this thread, thought you'd signed off for the season???

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2023, 09:50 PM
Hey, Mr. Chicken, just caught you browsing this thread, thought you'd signed off for the season???

.....CHICKEN SIGNIN' OFF LADS......TRAFFIC WILL BE LIKE THANKSGIVIN'.........II YEAR 'OL....I-MAC....IS SLOTH LIKE..............DOODLES & LUCK TA ALL!

.....AH WAS SPEAKIN' UH COMPUTER TRAFFIC...AS EXPECTED POSTIN'S...WOOD SLOW DOWN AGS....AN' MAH OL' COMPUTER.......AS POSTERS WOOD AN' DID....COME OUT DUH WOOD WORK....TA DISCUSS/VENT.....AN' AH RETURNED LATER TA POST /READ COMMENTS.....GOOD LUCK TA ALL.....WAS MEANT....FO' DUH DANCERS.........PLEASE GET CARIBBEANHEN....TA TRANSLATE WHEN YER IN UH FOGGY POST....DOODLE-DOO!

KPSUL
November 20th, 2023, 01:40 PM

.....AH WAS SPEAKIN' UH COMPUTER TRAFFIC...AS EXPECTED POSTIN'S...WOOD SLOW DOWN AGS....AN' MAH OL' COMPUTER.......AS POSTERS WOOD AN' DID....COME OUT DUH WOOD WORK....TA DISCUSS/VENT.....AN' AH RETURNED LATER TA POST /READ COMMENTS.....GOOD LUCK TA ALL.....WAS MEANT....FO' DUH DANCERS.........PLEASE GET CARIBBEANHEN....TA TRANSLATE WHEN YER IN UH FOGGY POST....DOODLE-DOO!

Well, it's good to see you doing your part. It wouldn't be the same without our favorite yard-bird strutting around. And you don't want C-Hen catching up on total AGS posts, he's down by less than 1500 and closing fast.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2023, 02:11 PM
Well, it's good to see you doing your part. It wouldn't be the same without our favorite yard-bird strutting around. And you don't want C-Hen catching up on total AGS posts, he's down by less than 1500 and closing fast.

just honored that you are so Enamorado with Mr. chicken and to a lesser degree Caribbeanhen

KPSUL
November 20th, 2023, 06:32 PM
just honored that you are so Enamorado with Mr. chicken and to a lesser degree Caribbeanhen

Enamorado may bit of an over statement, maybe amistoso with Mr Chicken and more like fuego amigo with C-Hen

Sitting Bull
November 21st, 2023, 06:24 AM
Looks like Yoder will be back for us in 2024

https://twitter.com/evan_mangin/status/1726792204385911092?s=46&t=rR9U-3Th2m-0mavWoeBzjQ

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2023, 06:47 AM
Looks like Yoder will be back for us in 2024

https://twitter.com/evan_mangin/status/1726792204385911092?s=46&t=rR9U-3Th2m-0mavWoeBzjQ

....xeekx....UH O!

Tribe4SF
November 21st, 2023, 07:29 AM
....xeekx....UH O!

You betcha! Tribe loses six starters on defense but had good depth there. 9 starters back on offense and get DreSean Kendrick and Tyler Rose back at WR after missing all or most of the season. The other guy we're hoping returns is John Pius.

Sitting Bull
November 21st, 2023, 09:00 AM
A recap of 2023 Attendance

Avg all games/trend vs 2022
Delaware 15,564. (8%)
W&M. 10,268. +3%
UNH. 8,716. (19%)
Elon. 8,008. +9%
Hampton 7,442. +152%
Stony Brook. 6,447. +25%
Richmond. 6,165. (15%)
NC A&T. 5,920. (Missing 3 games)
UAlbany. 5,558. +6%
Maine. 5,138. (7%)
Villanova. 4,676. (34%)
Campbell. 4,164. (7%)
URI. 4,045. (12%)
Towson. 3,783. (32%)
Monmouth. 2,842. +13%

Top Crowds (11,000+)
NC A&T. (vs Towson). 21,500
Delaware. (vs Duquesne). 18,952
Delaware (vs Villanova). 17,718
Delaware (vs Elon). 16,722
Delaware (vs St Francis). 16,332
Hampton (vs NC A&T). 13,811
W&M (vs Towson). 13,713
UNH (vs Towson). 13,544
Delaware (vs NC A&T). 13,041
Elon (vs W&M). 12,705
W&M (vs Monmouth). 11,340
Elon (vs NC A&T) 11,257
Stony Brook (vs Delaware). 11,132

KPSUL
November 21st, 2023, 02:45 PM
A recap of 2023 Attendance

Avg all games/trend vs 2022
Delaware 15,564. (8%)
W&M. 10,268. +3%
UNH. 8,716. (19%)
Elon. 8,008. +9%
Hampton 7,442. +152%
Stony Brook. 6,447. +25%
Richmond. 6,165. (15%)
NC A&T. 5,920. (Missing 3 games)
UAlbany. 5,558. +6%
Maine. 5,138. (7%)
Villanova. 4,676. (34%)
Campbell. 4,164. (7%)
URI. 4,045. (12%)
Towson. 3,783. (32%)
Monmouth. 2,842. +13%

Top Crowds (11,000+)
NC A&T. (vs Towson). 21,500
Delaware. (vs Duquesne). 18,952
Delaware (vs Villanova). 17,718
Delaware (vs Elon). 16,722
Delaware (vs St Francis). 16,332
Hampton (vs NC A&T). 13,811
W&M (vs Towson). 13,713
UNH (vs Towson). 13,544
Delaware (vs NC A&T). 13,041
Elon (vs W&M). 12,705
W&M (vs Monmouth). 11,340
Elon (vs NC A&T) 11,257
Stony Brook (vs Delaware). 11,132

UNH Administration's plan to ruin Homecoming Football finally succeeds! Move Start time from 3:30 to 1:00, Restrict Parking on Boulder Field to Season Ticket holders until 4 days before the game. Charge $75 to park in the alcohol permitted, tailgating lot. The 13,000+ attendance was Family Day. A meager 8346 for Homecoming vs the Great Danes on a beautiful Day. Down from a previous average of 18,000 for homecoming.

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2023, 10:09 AM
UNH Administration's plan to ruin Homecoming Football finally succeeds! Move Start time from 3:30 to 1:00, Restrict Parking on Boulder Field to Season Ticket holders until 4 days before the game. Charge $75 to park in the alcohol permitted, tailgating lot. The 13,000+ attendance was Family Day. A meager 8346 for Homecoming vs the Great Danes on a beautiful Day. Down from a previous average of 18,000 for homecoming.

College football in the northeast is ________ ?

fill in the blank

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2023, 10:35 AM
WHACK?

UAalum72
November 23rd, 2023, 11:35 AM

fill in the blank
Of interest to family and friends of the players, older alumni, and almost nobody else

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2023, 12:18 PM
Of interest to family and friends of the players, older alumni, and almost nobody else

Yes indeed

and Caribbeanhen is the almost of the nobody else

as I am not an alumni of anywhere, no family members playing and I can’t even bribe my family to go to a college football game and two live in FCS towns

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2023, 03:28 PM

fill in the blank

...Fun, but nothing to obsess over.

rhowdyram
November 24th, 2023, 12:11 PM

fill in the blank

there to kill time until basketball/hockey season?

MUHAWKS
November 24th, 2023, 07:48 PM
HENS GIVING 7 TO THE PARDS

SPIDERS GIVING 6 TO NCCU

a little pissed ohio state Michigan second half will coincide with these but that is why i watch on my computer screens!

All the best to CAA participants and the dudes going to the games. This Del/Laf game is really intriguing and interesting. A couple weeks ago I would have said too big a step for The Pards and they are where Holy Cross was in 2019 when we beat them first round before they started to kick butt- but seems like Hens folks claim they are banged up and without a QB. Good thing they have the best RB in nation Marcus Yarns and will not need a QB.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2023, 08:16 PM
HENS GIVING 7 TO THE PARDS

SPIDERS GIVING 6 TO NCCU

a little pissed ohio state Michigan second half will coincide with these but that is why i watch on my computer screens!

All the best to CAA participants and the dudes going to the games. This Del/Laf game is really intriguing and interesting. A couple weeks ago I would have said too big a step for The Pards and they are where Holy Cross was in 2019 when we beat them first round before they started to kick butt- but seems like Hens folks claim they are banged up and without a QB. Good thing they have the best RB in nation Marcus Yarns and will not need a QB.

Hope Marcus is close to 100% but he missed a few games down the stretch due injury as well

He did play vs Nova and looked ok

The RB that spells Yarns is Cumby and he’s been out for several weeks as well

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2023, 08:36 PM
Hearing Brosmer from UNH to the portal

MUHAWKS
November 24th, 2023, 10:50 PM

wonder if that us bc UH losing guys and he thinks they wont be winner, OR he thinks he is FBS starter--- OR rumors flying that Santos is badly wanted by Columbia and he know that he will leave..

MUHAWKS
November 24th, 2023, 10:51 PM
Hope Marcus is close to 100% but he missed a few games down the stretch due injury as well

He did play vs Nova and looked ok

The RB that spells Yarns is Cumby and he’s been out for several weeks as well

was expecting more from you here C-HEN- clearly tried to dig at you and I dont even get ay song lyrics or MU trash talk!

ncspiderfan
November 27th, 2023, 08:06 AM

He is in, the tweet is posted on Spider board. Add to it Dylan Laube announcing for the draft as a grad.

Also there Holy Cross Sluka in portal as a grad.

MRuler
November 27th, 2023, 08:53 AM
He is in, the tweet is posted on Spider board. Add to it Dylan Laube announcing for the draft as a grad.

Also there Holy Cross Sluka in portal as a grad.

Unless they are trying their hand at the FBS level its crazy to leave. There are very few Jared Verse's out there. Both UNH and HC are very good programs and clearly they will both be starters next season.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2023, 08:57 AM
was expecting more from you here C-HEN- clearly tried to dig at you and I dont even get ay song lyrics or MU trash talk!

You want some trash MUHAWKS

just hang out the Jersey shore, Seaside Heights for starters

KPSUL
November 27th, 2023, 07:13 PM
wonder if that us bc UH losing guys and he thinks they wont be winner, OR he thinks he is FBS starter--- OR rumors flying that Santos is badly wanted by Columbia and he know that he will leave..

It took Brosmer about 20 minutes in the portal to get his first P5 offer: The Minnesota Golden Gophers. We (UNH fans who post to our Message Board) don't begrudge Max taking a shot with a P5 level team or top AAC, MT West or even JMU type G5. He gave us 3 full seasons. Now if he signed with some shaky G5 team or any FCS club I'm not sure we'd be so gracious.

I suspect Columbia would want Rick Santos, but I don't see him moving from Durham NH to NYC and likely making the same kind of money. Besides he's happy where he is, and he's said it more often than anyone except maybe Max Brosmer.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2023, 07:17 PM
Unless they are trying their hand at the FBS level its crazy to leave. There are very few Jared Verse's out there. Both UNH and HC are very good programs and clearly they will both be starters next season.

Dylan Laube has no more eligibility. He is one of a handful of FCS guys invited to the Senior Bowl and is being touted as a 3rd or 4th round NFL draft pick.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2023, 07:35 PM
You want some trash MUHAWKS

just hang out the Jersey shore, Seaside Heights for starters

With Delaware heading to the mighty Conf-USA, and you being the stalwart FCS fan we all know you to be, have you decided which FCS program you'll shift allegiance to? I'm thinking Monmouth should have the inside track. You learned so much about the Hawks through your many involved and lengthy discussions on AGS with MUHAWKS. Base on my recent visit to West Long Branch NJ, and the fantastic tour I got from MUHAWKS, I can assure you that it is a very nice school with great athletic facilities and one additional amenity a mere 3 miles down the road that would be a C-Hen necessity - a great beach. As a backup - UNH also has very nice beaches closer than any CAA school except for Monmouth - although I suspect the C-Hen might find NH coastal waters a bit chilly for his sensitive tail feather, and the salty, sarcastic northern New Englanders a bit harsh as well.

BisonFan02
November 27th, 2023, 08:07 PM
The CAA should take YSU.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2023, 08:47 PM
The CAA should take YSU..

I agree, if they became available. They are in FCS geographical "no-man's land" between the MVFC and the CAA.

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2023, 09:02 PM
With Delaware heading to the mighty Conf-USA, and you being the stalwart FCS fan we all know you to be, have you decided which FCS program you'll shift allegiance to? I'm thinking Monmouth should have the inside track. You learned so much about the Hawks through your many involved and lengthy discussions on AGS with MUHAWKS. Base on my recent visit to West Long Branch NJ, and the fantastic tour I got from MUHAWKS, I can assure you that it is a very nice school with great athletic facilities and one additional amenity a mere 3 miles down the road that would be a C-Hen necessity - a great beach. As a backup - UNH also has very nice beaches closer than any CAA school except for Monmouth - although I suspect the C-Hen might find NH coastal waters a bit chilly for his sensitive tail feather, and the salty, sarcastic northern New Englanders a bit harsh as well.

.....WHIFF WA-WA TEMPS........HITTIN' 108 OR SO......IN FLORIDA.....SOON CAN EXPECT.....UH COMFY 80.....UP BAH DUH ROCKS......
CRANKY PILGRIMS......WHOM TALK LIKE THEY'VE...UH MOUTHFUL UH COTTON......ARE IN DUH REAR VIEW MIRROR....NOW.......BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2023, 07:34 AM

I actually passed through Long Branch a few years ago and stopped at the Monmouth facility, walked right out on the field and took a few pictures. MUHAWKS is certainly in position to carry the CAA threads going forward….Passionate to a fault. He is a lighting rod of a fan and I have always liked him despite his little jabs he takes at me. Asbury Park is kind of charming, certainly a different feel than that mid jersey beach I was at several years ago. . . I kind of get the feeling that New Hampshire fans are a bit like Delaware fans, maybe a little bit tired of FCS?

maybe MUHAWKS can hit on one of his day trades and donate that 5 million to Monmouth so they can move up and also build the other half of the stadium….

Gangtackle11
November 28th, 2023, 09:56 AM
I actually passed through Long Branch a few years ago and stopped at the Monmouth facility, walked right out on the field and took a few pictures. MUHAWKS is certainly in position to carry the CAA threads going forward….Passionate to a fault. He is a lighting rod of a fan and I have always liked him despite his little jabs he takes at me. Asbury Park is kind of charming, certainly a different feel than that mid jersey beach I was at several years ago. . . I kind of get the feeling that New Hampshire fans are a bit like Delaware fans, maybe a little bit tired of FCS?

maybe MUHAWKS can hit on one of his day trades and donate that 5 million to Monmouth so they can move up and also build the other half of the stadium….

He’s trying to recoup his bet the farm sum he lost on the University of New-ARK vs. Nova. Last seen on the Asbury Circle mumbling something about “How did the FBS team lose?” Also waiting to reload on the UD - NMSU rivalry game next season.

xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 28th, 2023, 09:59 AM
CarribeanHen & MR.CHICKEN will now be found on ANYGIVENTUESDAY website. Please signup if you plan to follow.

xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
November 28th, 2023, 11:11 AM
He’s trying to recoup his bet the farm sum he lost on the University of New-ARK vs. Nova. Last seen on the Asbury Circle mumbling something about “How did the FBS team lose?” Also waiting to reload on the UD - NMSU rivalry game next season. xsmhx

xpeacex

.......BEARKATS.........BOOK IT!...........AWK!

ps...KC'S SQWAD......WAS IN EVERAH GAME.....CHECK DUH AF/BYU SCORES............TWO YEARS FROM NOW....SAMMY IS CONFERENCE CHAMPS.....AN' TEAM TA BEAT....xcoolx....AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 28th, 2023, 11:23 AM
CarribeanHen & MR.CHICKEN will now be found on ANYGIVENTUESDAY website. Please signup if you plan to follow.

xpeacex

......AN' YER STUCK WHIFF DUH..VERAH...INTERESTIN'....KPSUL & DUH HAWK.....ONE ALBANY GUY......MAINE JEFF......UH LONELY SPIDER.........AN' DUH WHEY-WARD RAM..........WHILST ERIN ANDREWS.....INTERVIEWS CARTY....&.....CARIBB....&....BIG BYRD......C-USA!

KPSUL
November 28th, 2023, 12:03 PM

No I really don't think NH fans are tired of FCS football. In general they like to take the short drive from Manchester, Nashua or Portsmouth for 5 games a year - maybe 2 RVs per game parked in Tailgating locations. We like playing Maine, URI, Dartmouth and Holy Cross as well as some of the long term Atlantic 10/CAA opponents like Villanova, Richmond, William & Mary and yes, your Blue Hens. The away and home series with Harvard will generate some excitement while a game with a Liberty or Middle TN State would generate none. Wal Marts in NH don't even carry UNH clothing. I'd say zilch interest in being like our neighbors UMass and UConn.

But seriously, some very avid AGS fans of former FCS teams all seem to just drift away. Hoping that doesn't happen to you and Master Chicken.

rhowdyram
November 28th, 2023, 01:29 PM

When did URI leave the CAA? URI has Narragansett Pier 5.5 miles from campus. That blows away anything New Hampshire has at a similar distance.

CHIP72
November 28th, 2023, 03:32 PM
The CAA should take YSU.
I've thought that for a while. With the CAA getting far away from its Yankee/A-10 Conference football roots, Youngstown State would make considerable sense on both sides IMO, provided YSU doesn't try to move up to join the MAC.

KPSUL
November 28th, 2023, 05:26 PM
When did URI leave the CAA? URI has Narragansett Pier 5.5 miles from campus. That blows away anything New Hampshire has at a similar distance.

Mainly concrete sea walls and parking lots; teenie tiny strip of sand.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2023, 05:40 PM

can you drink Narragansett beer on the Narragansett pier?

a pier is not really a playa

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2023, 05:47 PM
This is a playa

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipMUaDvgTkcGljiwItq_-JfnTv_WGp3dl0KctQAO=s1600
(c) Discover Puerto Rico Google

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipP7X0mxaEMONmb0O5MqygtfmsjLMwhLQoUztHnN=s1600

KPSUL
November 28th, 2023, 05:49 PM
can you drink Narragansett beer on the Narragansett pier?

a pier is not really a playa

TribeNomad1
November 29th, 2023, 06:07 AM
This is a playa

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipMUaDvgTkcGljiwItq_-JfnTv_WGp3dl0KctQAO=s1600
(c) Discover Puerto Rico Google

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipP7X0mxaEMONmb0O5MqygtfmsjLMwhLQoUztHnN=s1600

Nice! Been to PR a couple of times, very brief, enjoyed the beauty of the island. Wife fluent in Spanish so helped with getting around, she liked it more than I did.

MR. CHICKEN
November 29th, 2023, 07:26 AM
U OF D PRESS CONFERENCE 10:00 AM TA-DAY!...........AWK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9OmpbjGTNA

Gangtackle11
November 29th, 2023, 08:29 AM
CAA Public Service Announcement:

Please post relevant info on 2024 CAA teams only . Use the CUSA thread for your comments on anything Blew Hen related!!

Delaware:
https://tenor.com/view/boycott-cnn-g...75278259034962 (https://tenor.com/view/boycott-cnn-gif-17712575278259034962)

xpeacex

MRuler
November 29th, 2023, 08:44 AM

Please post relevant info on 2024 CAA teams only . Use the CUSA thread for your comments on anything Blew Hen related!!

Delaware:
https://tenor.com/view/boycott-cnn-g...75278259034962 (https://tenor.com/view/boycott-cnn-gif-17712575278259034962)

xpeacex

HAHAHAHA !!!! That is hilarious. I for one will miss the Delaware guys!!! Always fun reading Mr. C's posts. And how could any self respecting Albany fan not be a fan of Poff the Magic Dragon's Uncle caribbeanhen!!

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2023, 10:03 AM
HAHAHAHA !!!! That is hilarious. I for one will miss the Delaware guys!!! Always fun reading Mr. C's posts. And how could any self respecting Albany fan not be a fan of Poff the Magic Dragon's Uncle caribbeanhen!!

Hey, I’ve always been one to talk up talent when I see it regardless of what helmet they were wearing.

MUHAWKS
November 29th, 2023, 11:33 PM
These last several posts I have missed have been true gems- where has gang tackle been all my life? Oh wait, according to C-Hen he was a teammate of mine at The University of Monmouth.

Great weekend of ball coming up on both levels- Meaningful FBS games and Hens fans getting the chance to root for Youngstown State before they get sent packing by a Montana team that's own fans wanted the coach fired just a few weeks ago! I feel bad for Albany- Richmond seems like a "live dog"-- would be a shame if The Danes did not show up. Out of all 4 CAA I have no choice but to be pulling for the Danes more than anyone. Reece's Uncle called that early.. So the question is- does anyone truly think This is NOT Delaware's last game in FCS??? 17.5 is tough but may be a gift from what I saw. Is Carty a good enough X and O guy to actually have something ready?? And I am an LBI guy C-Hen-- Seaside is where we go as 17 year olds the morning after our prom to stay in crack den motels and get hammered all weekend.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2023, 12:04 AM
These last several posts I have missed have been true gems- where has gang tackle been all my life? Oh wait, according to C-Hen he was a teammate of mine at The University of Monmouth.

Great weekend of ball coming up on both levels- Meaningful FBS games and Hens fans getting the chance to root for Youngstown State before they get sent packing by a Montana team that's own fans wanted the coach fired just a few weeks ago! I feel bad for Albany- Richmond seems like a "live dog"-- would be a shame if The Danes did not show up. Out of all 4 CAA I have no choice but to be pulling for the Danes more than anyone. Reece's Uncle called that early.. So the question is- does anyone truly think This is NOT Delaware's last game in FCS??? 17.5 is tough but may be a gift from what I saw. Is Carty a good enough X and O guy to actually have something ready?? And I am an LBI guy C-Hen-- Seaside is where we go as 17 year olds the morning after our prom to stay in crack den motels and get hammered all weekend.

unconfirmed, but I have noticed over the years, and it goes back to the N Iowa playoff game, the Gangster does have some Monmouth blood in him….

MUHAWKS, The Hens are already plucked and no Xs and Os are going to help in this one, to many Jimmy and Joes busted up including my man Yarns. Lots of distractions this week is the Capt Obvious moment of this post.

I fully expect Albany will handle Richmond, but stranger things have happened. Reece better not call me after the game singing … we’re so sorry Uncle Albert … we are so sorry if we caused you any pain

Nova will not be as inspired for a Penguino dinner as they would be for another chicken dinner. Something tells me they will let this one get away in front of family and friends. They should win but it’s not Delaware

KPSUL
November 30th, 2023, 06:16 PM

Delaware:

xpeacex

Well the Hens do have one more game left as a CAAF member and next year they will be in limbo land between two realities.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2023, 06:40 PM
Well the Hens do have one more game left as a CAAF member and next year they will be in limbo land between two realities.

not looking forward to next year at all

MUHAWKS
December 4th, 2023, 03:03 PM
Prob not the right thing to post in this thread and not that anyone cares but Monmouth RB Jaden Shirden declares for NFL draft a few hours after being told he was 1 of 3 finalists for the Walter Payton award for the 2nd year in a row. Our stud WR Dymere Miller who entered portal a few days ago already has 8 FBS offers on day 1 including Rutgers, Pitt and Texas Tech. Our best CB also in portal and 2 OL have declared today. Add to it another 8 starters lost to graduation and it is starting to feel like D-3 may be the way to go LOL- happy for the kids, but tough to come back from this when you are already trying to "belong". Administration better step up to the plate quick! Delaware I now understand!

KPSUL
December 4th, 2023, 03:53 PM
Prob not the right thing to post in this thread and not that anyone cares but Monmouth RB Jaden Shirden declares for NFL draft a few hours after being told he was 1 of 3 finalists for the Walter Payton award for the 2nd year in a row. Our stud WR Dymere Miller who entered portal a few days ago already has 8 FBS offers on day 1 including Rutgers, Pitt and Texas Tech. Our best CB also in portal and 2 OL have declared today. Add to it another 8 starters lost to graduation and it is starting to feel like D-3 may be the way to go LOL- happy for the kids, but tough to come back from this when you are already trying to "belong". Administration better step up to the plate quick! Delaware I now understand!

Not sure why you think no one cares about Jaden Shirden declaring for the draft. How many years of eligibility did he have left? One? I'm sure I have a warped view of Jaden as the only 2 games in which I watched him play were the two UNH games and he really wasn't spectacular - but UNH has frequently sold out the passing game to stop the run. Dymere Miller 333 yards receiving may be the best example. It will be interesting to see how it works out for Shirden, but he must be getting guidance from knowledgeable sources to make that choice. It seems like the NFL increasingly looks at RBs as cannon fodder and saves it prime draft picks for QBs, WRs, OTs, DBs and DEs.

MUHAWKS
December 4th, 2023, 04:01 PM
Not sure why you think no one cares about Jaden Shirden declaring for the draft. How many years of eligibility did he have left? One? I'm sure I have a warped view of Jaden as the only 2 games in which I watched him play were the two UNH games and he really wasn't spectacular - but UNH has frequently sold out the passing game to stop the run. Dymere Miller 333 yards receiving may be the best example. It will be interesting to see how it works out for Shirden, but he must be getting guidance from knowledgeable sources to make that choice. It seems like the NFL increasingly looks at RBs as cannon fodder and saves it prime draft picks for QBs, WRs, OTs, DBs and DEs.

I just meant b/c we are i the midst of the playoffs. I agree 100% with your assessment of how The NFL views RB's= And yes you saw Jaden get held well in check 2x. From what I know scouts have told him late mid (5th-6th) but that is a grain of salt. RB's are essentially a dime a dozen unless they are legit pass catchers, blockers and/or ST guys. I DO think it is the right move for him b/c at that position only bad things can happen after havig 2 combined years with 3300 yards and 32 TD's leading FCS both years. Staying at MU DEF would NOT be an option and if he went to a mid tier FBS I cannot see his stock getting any better- His one big knock is size and that is not improving. He had one year left and frankly should have had 2 but we played him sparingly as a Freshman but IN more than 4 games. Laube may have more appeal b/c he is more diverse but I think better pure home run hitter is Shirden. It is about scheme too-- who knows, I hope both do well and both will def get their shot. UNH losing Max and Laube plus some other key guys you guys are not in as bad a shape as us, but sucks tis era we are in. Like a whole new team year to year.

KPSUL
December 4th, 2023, 04:32 PM
I just meant b/c we are i the midst of the playoffs. I agree 100% with your assessment of how The NFL views RB's= And yes you saw Jaden get held well in check 2x. From what I know scouts have told him late mid (5th-6th) but that is a grain of salt. RB's are essentially a dime a dozen unless they are legit pass catchers, blockers and/or ST guys. I DO think it is the right move for him b/c at that position only bad things can happen after havig 2 combined years with 3300 yards and 32 TD's leading FCS both years. Staying at MU DEF would NOT be an option and if he went to a mid tier FBS I cannot see his stock getting any better- His one big knock is size and that is not improving. He had one year left and frankly should have had 2 but we played him sparingly as a Freshman but IN more than 4 games. Laube may have more appeal b/c he is more diverse but I think better pure home run hitter is Shirden. It is about scheme too-- who knows, I hope both do well and both will def get their shot. UNH losing Max and Laube plus some other key guys you guys are not in as bad a shape as us, but sucks tis era we are in. Like a whole new team year to year.

If it ended with Brosmer and Laube I'd definitely agree with you. But we had two other early entries into the portal who had graduated from UNH with eligibility left - who knows what the next few days will bring? UNH has had a charmed existence it this era of almost unrestricted transferring and estimated NIL - that probably ends now.

No one at UNH; be they coaches, other players and serious fans have any hard feeling about Max Brosmer committing to Minnesota. He gave us 3 full seasons of football and always represented the school in an exemplary way. He's earned this move to the next level and a half we all wish him the very best. Laube gave all of his eligible years and obviously we all are pulling for him to end up in the NFL, drafted by the right team for him.

You didn't mention that Shirden's competition in the top 3 for the Payton are Brosmer and SDSU QB Mark Gronoski. Laube finished 6th in the voting and probably would have done better had teams not tried everything (out of bounds, far side of the field, pouch kicks and squibs) to keep kickoffs away from him the entire 2nd half of the season.

WestCoastAggie
December 5th, 2023, 02:04 PM
So, I don't get this conference.

Why go through all of that to invite A&T for members to look to join the SoCon? I gotta be honest here. The optics of this feel just icky. I know they're using "Bryant and Campbell" but I don't know if the eagerness to leave from some other members would be there if the CAA didn't have HBCUs.

I bet we'd hear 12/13 schools is just fine if A&T and Hampton weren't there. https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1732084907197755655

Dane96
December 5th, 2023, 02:32 PM

Why go through all of that to invite A&T for members to look to join the SoCon? I gotta be honest here. The optics of this feel just icky. I know they're using "Bryant and Campbell" but I don't know if the eagerness to leave from some other members would be there if the CAA didn't have HBCUs.

I bet we'd hear 12/13 schools is just fine if A&T and Hampton weren't there. https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1732084907197755655

Torn on this...I would hope HBCU inclusion is not the reason however, we live in a ****ed up world right now. Worse, both Elon and W&M voted for both schools to rebuild their flank (as they did with Campbell) in the South.

A the end of the day, the CAA's "numbered days" have been writing on the wall...irrespective of what some fans have written here. The league is TOO spread out with too many competing interests and levels both academically and athletically. "Some of the following went into the decisions (seemingly) for the schools that either voted for the current membership or moved into the league in the last 20 years:

We want t expand our general student recruitment base" (See: Elon, NU). "We want to be with academic equals" (See: Delaware and W&M) "We want a league not called the Big South" (See: Campbell). "We want a league not dominated by decisions made by BU and Vermont, and with football as a centerpiece" (See: Towson and Hofstra (at the time). "We want to get out of a crumbling league AND challenge ourselves" (See: Hampton and NC A&T). "We just want..." (UNCW). "We want to put ourselves at the center of attention, then we will move on up". (See: Charleston).

These things are not a melting pot, they are not unified...they are just "reasons". There is no core identity that the CAA schools share. And as a fan of a school rumored to be a target school (Albany), I'd prefer to wait this out as I strongly believe that the CAA as we know it is kaput within 2 years. I think Wilmington, Campbell, Elon, and W&M all end up in the Southern. I think A&T and Hampton end up in the MEAC or, for A&T, whatever level of FBS the G5 is now. I think Hofstra, SBU, Northeastern, Drexel, Towson, and Monmouth MERGE with the AE under a new name or the AE/CAA banner or, at the very least...cherry pick from the AE to make a new league with the CAA autobid. I think Fairfield or the Q end up in this league. I think LeMoyne or Wagner backfill in the MAAC.

I think CAA Football stays separate like the MVFC and goes north, with Richmond heading to the Southern and Nova being the key piece needed in CAA Football (battle between CAA and PL). I think the CAA goes hard at Fordham.

WestCoastAggie
December 5th, 2023, 02:43 PM
Torn on this...I would hope HBCU inclusion is not the reason however, we live in a ****ed up world right now. Worse, both Elon and W&M voted for both schools to rebuild their flank (as they did with Campbell) in the South.

A the end of the day, the CAA's "numbered days" have been writing on the wall...irrespective of what some fans have written here. The league is TOO spread out with too many competing interests and levels both academically and athletically. "Some of the following went into the decisions (seemingly) for the schools that either voted for the current membership or moved into the league in the last 20 years:

We want t expand our general student recruitment base" (See: Elon, NU). "We want to be with academic equals" (See: Delaware and W&M) "We want a league not called the Big South" (See: Campbell). "We want a league not dominated by decisions made by BU and Vermont, and with football as a centerpiece" (See: Towson and Hofstra (at the time). "We want to get out of a crumbling league AND challenge ourselves" (See: Hampton and NC A&T). "We just want..." (UNCW). "We want to put ourselves at the center of attention, then we will move on up". (See: Charleston).

These things are not a melting pot, they are not unified...they are just "reasons". There is no core identity that the CAA schools share. And as a fan of a school rumored to be a target school (Albany), I'd prefer to wait this out as I strongly believe that the CAA as we know it is kaput within 2 years. I think Wilmington, Campbell, Elon, and W&M all end up in the Southern. I think A&T and Hampton end up in the MEAC or, for A&T, whatever level of FBS the G5 is now. I think Hofstra, SBU, Northeastern, Drexel, Towson, and Monmouth MERGE with the AE under a new name or the AE/CAA banner or, at the very least...cherry pick from the AE to make a new league with the CAA autobid. I think Fairfield or the Q end up in this league. I think LeMoyne or Wagner backfill in the MAAC.

I think CAA Football stays separate like the MVFC and goes north, with Richmond heading to the Southern and Nova being the key piece needed in CAA Football (battle between CAA and PL). I think the CAA goes hard at Fordham.

I would love to see A&T stay in that second level of D1 with the G5 and "select" FCS schools. However, I suspect we're heading right back to the MEAC with the other HBCUs and HBCUs in general create their own "CFP" with backing by ESPN or someone that wants a big HBCU Bowl Game in December.

Tribe4SF
December 5th, 2023, 03:35 PM

Whoa a minute! Don't take Sam Herder's ramblings as indication that Elon or W&M is looking to get out. In fact that's not even what he said. He said Elon and W&M are "likely targets" if the SoCon wants to expand. Truth is he has no idea what he's talking about.

Sitting Bull
December 5th, 2023, 04:17 PM

Again, the only change that’s come forward is Delaware moving due to football aspirations.

If you’re looking for the glue that holds the CAA together, it’s regionality, rivalries and a joint commitment among the members to invest for the best possible spot for their athletic programs, to include facilities. Your scenario is built upon magical new conferences and members going backwards into conferences they paid to leave. It makes no sense.

Dane96
December 5th, 2023, 04:50 PM
Again, the only change that’s come forward is Delaware moving due to football aspirations.

If you’re looking for the glue that holds the CAA together, it’s regionality, rivalries and a joint commitment among the members to invest for the best possible spot for their athletic programs, to include facilities. Your scenario is built upon magical new conferences and members going backwards into conferences they paid to leave. It makes no sense.

My scenario is built on personal discussions with members of three different athletic departments, in addition to some very close and influential members of another school. Right now, the core issue with the CAA is two words: HIGH POINT. I can tell you right now, the push to include High Point is a massive red line for at least four different athletic departments.

I am not here to push agendas. In fact, I think the whole world of college sports is heading down a path that will forever ruin and blur the lines of what makes European sports so very different than college sports. (I.e., Europe, including non-league sides, is all PRO sports). I think every single FCS school and every school that isn't a "market team", "blue blood team", or just simply in an area where they are basically the only game / aka pro team in town is in trouble.

At the end of the day, 20-45 million athletic budgets will not be sustainable and schools will face a choice of regionalization and recognition, dropping divisions, or dropping sports. It will be economically driven.

So no, I don't believe a far flung conference of schools who are NOT like-minded is going to survive at any level. I think you will see more ECAC North, ECAC South, i.e. a return to the 60's-80's then you will see 16 team leagues that are not compact nor have much in common. It's an inevitability.

I do think allowing FOOTBALL to operate more like Hockey and Lacrosse (no need for a "league to sponsor") is a good way to get out of this mess.

Sitting Bull
December 5th, 2023, 05:15 PM
My scenario is built on personal discussions with members of three different athletic departments, in addition to some very close and influential members of another school. Right now, the core issue with the CAA is two words: HIGH POINT. I can tell you right now, the push to include High Point is a massive red line for at least four different athletic departments.

I am not here to push agendas. In fact, I think the whole world of college sports is heading down a path that will forever ruin and blur the lines of what makes European sports so very different than college sports. (I.e., Europe, including non-league sides, is all PRO sports). I think every single FCS school and every school that isn't a "market team", "blue blood team", or just simply in an area where they are basically the only game / aka pro team in town is in trouble.

At the end of the day, 20-45 million athletic budgets will not be sustainable and schools will face a choice of regionalization and recognition, dropping divisions, or dropping sports. It will be economically driven.

So no, I don't believe a far flung conference of schools who are NOT like-minded is going to survive at any level. I think you will see more ECAC North, ECAC South, i.e. a return to the 60's-80's then you will see 16 team leagues that are not compact nor have much in common. It's an inevitability.

I do think allowing FOOTBALL to operate more like Hockey and Lacrosse (no need for a "league to sponsor") is a good way to get out of this mess.

Very interesting on High Point - and given it’s in the leagues footprint, what the red line issue could be. Personally I think Fairfield is higher on the list.

As far as your comments on 16 team leagues that may not have 100% cohesion, I’m not seeing how the CAA is any different than the A10, CUSA, MAAC, Big South, Big East, etc. I would agree the Ivy and PL are very cohesive, but no one is aspiring to shift from the CAA to those leagues.

Dane96
December 5th, 2023, 05:36 PM
Very interesting on High Point - and given it’s in the leagues footprint, what the red line issue could be. Personally I think Fairfield is higher on the list.

As far as your comments on 16 team leagues that may not have 100% cohesion, I’m not seeing how the CAA is any different than the A10, CUSA, MAAC, Big South, Big East, etc. I would agree the Ivy and PL are very cohesive, but no one is aspiring to shift from the CAA to those leagues.

I honestly don't get the red line either considering the schools have voted in Campbell. It goes to your point of Delaware- "unhappy" with the CAA"s direction but then chooses to go to a league featuring the same mix of schools...even worse IMHO. However, maybe it's just an excuse used by the schools.

From what I am told, and this is universal, the Northern schools are a NO on High Point...and they believe Albany is a "shoo in" for one spot. If Charleston leaves, and my understanding is most school officials in the CAA believe they are gone, then the Northern schools are pushing for either Fairfield or Quinnipiac. Interestingly, I think Quinnipiac is the better all sport fit, while Fairfield is the better institutional fit.

Ultimately, I go back to the economics and the fact that this level of sport (mid-major and low-major) will be greatly impacted by whatever split happens. I just don't see far flung low level leagues lasting. I also agree with you that the A-10 fits the same "far flung" mode and I do not think they will keep their same makeup. I disagree on the Big East...that is P5 level basketball...and, unlike the WCC who really is limited to one major team, the Big East has enough power from market share and alumni base to move into the "split" group.

Conference USA is a joke.

The MAAC-- very cohesive league of like-minded Catholic schools. Not sure why you don't see them as cohesive.

As for the PL- Drexel, Northeastern, and probably Hofstra would jump at an invite, if offered. Zero doubt in my mind.

Sitting Bull
December 5th, 2023, 05:55 PM
I honestly don't get the red line either considering the schools have voted in Campbell. It goes to your point of Delaware- "unhappy" with the CAA"s direction but then chooses to go to a league featuring the same mix of schools...even worse IMHO. However, maybe it's just an excuse used by the schools.

From what I am told, and this is universal, the Northern schools are a NO on High Point...and they believe Albany is a "shoo in" for one spot. If Charleston leaves, and my understanding is most school officials in the CAA believe they are gone, then the Northern schools are pushing for either Fairfield or Quinnipiac. Interestingly, I think Quinnipiac is the better all sport fit, while Fairfield is the better institutional fit.

Ultimately, I go back to the economics and the fact that this level of sport (mid-major and low-major) will be greatly impacted by whatever split happens. I just don't see far flung low level leagues lasting. I also agree with you that the A-10 fits the same "far flung" mode and I do not think they will keep their same makeup. I disagree on the Big East...that is P5 level basketball...and, unlike the WCC who really is limited to one major team, the Big East has enough power from market share and alumni base to move into the "split" group.

Conference USA is a joke.

The MAAC-- very cohesive league of like-minded Catholic schools. Not sure why you don't see them as cohesive.

As for the PL- Drexel, Northeastern, and probably Hofstra would jump at an invite, if offered. Zero doubt in my mind.

Here’s the PL ytd in basketball

SCHOOL PL OVERALL
Colgate 0-0 4-4
American 0-0 4-5
Boston University 0-0 3-5
Navy 0-0 2-4
Bucknell 0-0 3-7
Holy Cross 0-0 2-7
Army West Point 0-0 1-7
Lehigh 0-0 1-7
Loyola Maryland 0-0 1-7
Lafayette 0-0 1-8

22-61 so far. That seems like a ridiculous jump for Hofstra, Drexel or Northeastern. Given basketball is their prime sport, it would really be a drop down that they would have to pay money to execute, And I do think Fairfield would be universally welcomed by CAA members.’

If Charleston were to leave - and I’m seeing this less and less as a probability - I think you would have to see where the Carolina and VA members might want to replace with a nearby member like a High Point. In the end, I think the collective will agree on a solution. It’s in the vested interest of all them.

MUHAWKS
December 5th, 2023, 09:15 PM
If it ended with Brosmer and Laube I'd definitely agree with you. But we had two other early entries into the portal who had graduated from UNH with eligibility left - who knows what the next few days will bring? UNH has had a charmed existence it this era of almost unrestricted transferring and estimated NIL - that probably ends now.

No one at UNH; be they coaches, other players and serious fans have any hard feeling about Max Brosmer committing to Minnesota. He gave us 3 full seasons of football and always represented the school in an exemplary way. He's earned this move to the next level and a half we all wish him the very best. Laube gave all of his eligible years and obviously we all are pulling for him to end up in the NFL, drafted by the right team for him.

You didn't mention that Shirden's competition in the top 3 for the Payton are Brosmer and SDSU QB Mark Gronoski. Laube finished 6th in the voting and probably would have done better had teams not tried everything (out of bounds, far side of the field, pouch kicks and squibs) to keep kickoffs away from him the entire 2nd half of the season.

you know what brother? does it even matter? with the news getting worse by the day (ncaa tier bs) and all the other crap, its over. Sucks..But yeah I did not mention Shirden's comp and I suspect Gronkowski wins.. I am just in sa state of disgust for now at the climate of one of my biggest passions.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2023, 11:06 PM
you know what brother? does it even matter? with the news getting worse by the day (ncaa tier bs) and all the other crap, its over. Sucks..But yeah I did not mention Shirden's comp and I suspect Gronkowski wins.. I am just in sa state of disgust for now at the climate of one of my biggest passions.

Watched “Gone with the Wind” very recently

the iconic last line of the movie as spoken by Scarlet O’Hara

“What will I do? Where will I go?”

this is how I feel right now about the new reality that the Delaware Blue Hens are going FBS…. FCS is where my heart is

MUHAWKS
what was the final line of the movie as spoken by Rhett Butler?

I ask because I think that’s where I’m headed

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2023, 08:10 AM

Aggie going back more than 10 years, I can honestly say Hen fans were grumbling about Stony Brook coming into the CAA and Albany before that. More recently the addition of Monmouth wasn’t exactly seen as enhancing the CAA. I’m only speaking to football. I would never tell you Hampton and your Aggies were welcome with open arms, but as to the reasons why is more in line with the reasons many Hen fans didn’t want Campbell and Bryant. It seemed like adding Bryant was when the Doppler effect hit the train station …. Sure race is part of it for a small minority of fans but I definitely don’t think so for the large majority and definitely not for the U of Delaware.

just my humble opinions

The Boogie Down
December 6th, 2023, 05:38 PM
I think the CAA goes hard at Fordham.

I think Fordham goes "hard no" at the CAA.

Sitting Bull
December 6th, 2023, 06:34 PM
The last thing the CAA needs is another football affiliate. Hard no here on Fordham.

The Boogie Down
December 6th, 2023, 06:43 PM
The last thing the CAA needs is another football affiliate. Hard no here on Fordham.

Nuh-uh-uhhh... My "hard no" came first. xnonox

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2023, 07:17 PM
Congrats to third cousin Griffin Woodell of Albany who might of been mentioned earlier this season

2023 Jerry Rice Award Voting ResultsFollowing is a breakdown of the voting results. A first-place vote was worth five points, a second-place vote four points, a third-place vote three points, a fourth-place vote two points and a fifth-place vote one point. The final number is the combined point total.
1. Eli Gillman, RB, Montana: 31-6-6-2-2-203 (tel:31-6-6-2-2-203)
2. MJ Flowers, RB, Eastern Illinois: 6-11-6-10-7-119 (tel:6-11-6-10-7-119)
3. Jawarn Howell, RB, South Carolina State: 6-6-2-10-1-81
4. Tye Niekamp, LB, Illinois State: 3-6-8-3-6-75
5. Griffin Woodell, RB, UAlbany: 3-4-8-5-2-67

Dane96
December 6th, 2023, 07:52 PM

I wrote that if the SPLIT occurred and somehow the northern CAA schools merged with some sort of AE / MAAC group, and the CAA Football banner headed with the remaining football schools, i.e. a league with 8 or 9 teams, they would push for Fordham./

Never said it would happen now or in the current CAA football iteration.

Edit: got rid of first part of my statement. it was irrelevant.

DFW HOYA
December 6th, 2023, 08:13 PM
Nuh-uh-uhhh... My "hard no" came first. xnonox

What is your preferred plan for Fordham?

The Boogie Down
December 6th, 2023, 09:44 PM
What is your preferred plan for Fordham?

Thank you for the question, DFW! This would be my dream football conference:

Holy Cross
Fordham
Villanova
Duquesne (must have a second side to their "stadium")
Georgetown (must have schollies)
Richmond

6 private schools, all w/decent endowments, all w/some sort of ancient FBS history and all w/at least three decades in what is now the FCS. By chance, except for Georgetown, all have also made recent playoff trips.

Anyway, it would be kinda hard to bring those 6 together but then I realized that w/Rhode Island, it could serve as the foundation for a new and actual A-10 Football Conference. First, Holy Cross would hafta jump to the A-10 for all sports. Then, the A-10 would hafta reach out to Villanova/Georgetown as affiliates. Not the craziest of scenarios considering other predictions made here. Davidson, in the process of building a new stadium, could also join if they added scholarships although I think Dayton is a PFL lifer.

Short of a new A-10 Football Conference however, I'd simply settle for Villanova joining the PL. Coincidentally, I just reached out to some who might know if there's any chance of Villanova finally making that move.

KPSUL
December 6th, 2023, 10:27 PM

Holy Cross
Fordham
Villanova
Duquesne (must have a second side to their "stadium") They don't have much of a 1st side either.
Richmond

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong! Can you tell me kids which one doesn't belong?
If you said "Richmond" than you'd be right boys and girls! All the others are "Catholic" institutions of higher learning.

MUHAWKS
December 6th, 2023, 10:29 PM
Watched “Gone with the Wind” very recently

the iconic last line of the movie as spoken by Scarlet O’Hara

“What will I do? Where will I go?”

this is how I feel right now about the new reality that the Delaware Blue Hens are going FBS…. FCS is where my heart is

MUHAWKS
what was the final line of the movie as spoken by Rhett Butler?

I ask because I think that’s where I’m headed

Well frankly my Hen, I DO give a damn! I will get over it, but honestly just saddened. And yes, FCS IMO, was one of the more pure form of sport. Big time enough were you see tons of guys playing on Sunday, but tight knit enough that you can develop a family. The allure of the road to The FCS playoffs and dreams of Frisco is far better than Saturday night against Kennesaw for the right to go to a bowl played on Dec 17th while people are at work. And for me, I now would not mind being back in the Old NEC trying to just dominate there and get lucky one year. I told everyone in my circle the second the NIL became real and transfer portal "thing" happened that it would destroy our growth. People were like "no way man everyone is in the same boat"... Yeah sure. I envision Monmouth fading into oblivion in this new world in both major sports. It is probably not as bad as I make it out to be but all I know is my passion is waning fast. And FYI I did see your not so subtle 3rd cousin Griffin Woodall post. I hope I am not considered a jinx but as Pard Rules knows, I have already laid into Albany -4.5 and money line. I watched the Idaho game and although I am semi impressed with their passing game at times, the Albany D line could really cause them issues. It is already my largest FCS bet of the year and I am not even done yet. Getting sick of living in this tent it is getting cold. Don't fuk me now Reece.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2023, 07:27 AM
Well frankly my Hen, I DO give a damn! I will get over it, but honestly just saddened. And yes, FCS IMO, was one of the more pure form of sport. Big time enough were you see tons of guys playing on Sunday, but tight knit enough that you can develop a family. The allure of the road to The FCS playoffs and dreams of Frisco is far better than Saturday night against Kennesaw for the right to go to a bowl played on Dec 17th while people are at work. And for me, I now would not mind being back in the Old NEC trying to just dominate there and get lucky one year. I told everyone in my circle the second the NIL became real and transfer portal "thing" happened that it would destroy our growth. People were like "no way man everyone is in the same boat"... Yeah sure. I envision Monmouth fading into oblivion in this new world in both major sports. It is probably not as bad as I make it out to be but all I know is my passion is waning fast. And FYI I did see your not so subtle 3rd cousin Griffin Woodall post. I hope I am not considered a jinx but as Pard Rules knows, I have already laid into Albany -4.5 and money line. I watched the Idaho game and although I am semi impressed with their passing game at times, the Albany D line could really cause them issues. It is already my largest FCS bet of the year and I am not even done yet. Getting sick of living in this tent it is getting cold. Don't fuk me now Reece.

I’m so proud
I challenged you on an old movie trivia question and you nailed it! Frankly MUHAWKS, I’m tired of getting blank stares from kids half my age that couldn’t pick Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger out of a lineup…. Might seem irrelevant but the ones that had no culture clue on my pop quizzes were usually the lesser performers

The thing is when diehards like yourself start to question your interest level because of the portal and Nil one can only think that we have come to the fork in the road and fans are choosing the I don’t give a damn road. How can a dying FCS survive after losing the diehards?

I think I mentioned Woodell earlier this season, made a nice run that made me say who the heck is that, followed by a TD reception. Was sold right then. He has the it factor. I think it was Albany72 that filled us in.

You know I don’t bet (not even on investing now as Treasurydirect is my friend) but if I did, those points Albany is getting would be my bet. I think Albany is the better team. The concern is obviously that stinking dome and the noise level. I do think Idaho is a tad overrated but I like McCoy and WR Hatten and would not be comfortable at all when Idaho has the ball going for the win, those two have chemistry. The other unknown is what will happen when Big Sky meets CAA? This is a great playoff match up and the kind of game the FCS needs more of. C’mon Richmond at Albany and Chatty at Furman…. No thanks!

As for Monmouth, why do you believe you’re not in the same boat with everyone else? Meaning it’s highly likely Monmouth and everyone else is going to lose your best players to the portal? Isn’t this opening the door for higher rated HS recruits to end up at the FCS level … basically prospects to be evaluated by the majors while playing in the minors

MUHAWKS
December 7th, 2023, 10:22 AM
I’m so proud
I challenged you on an old movie trivia question and you nailed it! Frankly MUHAWKS, I’m tired of getting blank stares from kids half my age that couldn’t pick Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger out of a lineup…. Might seem irrelevant but the ones that had no culture clue on my pop quizzes were usually the lesser performers

The thing is when diehards like yourself start to question your interest level because of the portal and Nil one can only think that we have come to the fork in the road and fans are choosing the I don’t give a damn road. How can a dying FCS survive after losing the diehards?

I think I mentioned Woodell earlier this season, made a nice run that made me say who the heck is that, followed by a TD reception. Was sold right then. He has the it factor. I think it was Albany72 that filled us in.

You know I don’t bet (not even on investing now as Treasurydirect is my friend) but if I did, those points Albany is getting would be my bet. I think Albany is the better team. The concern is obviously that stinking dome and the noise level. I do think Idaho is a tad overrated but I like McCoy and WR Hatten and would not be comfortable at all when Idaho has the ball going for the win, those two have chemistry. The other unknown is what will happen when Big Sky meets CAA? This is a great playoff match up and the kind of game the FCS needs more of. C’mon Richmond at Albany and Chatty at Furman…. No thanks!

As for Monmouth, why do you believe you’re not in the same boat with everyone else? Meaning it’s highly likely Monmouth and everyone else is going to lose your best players to the portal? Isn’t this opening the door for higher rated HS recruits to end up at the FCS level … basically prospects to be evaluated by the majors while playing in the minors

you nailed the bolded part- 100%!! agree on all- The reason I think we are ot in same boat is multi faceted. And when I say same boat I do not mean with Sacred Heart, I mean with established top 25 or similar teams that are either state schools or have large endowments. Our leadership is non committal and has more of a "happy to be here" attitude rather than "lets go be the next Holy Cross or even the new Delaware. Stupid as it sounds NJ is breeding ground for good HS Football and we have pipeline to DC area, VA etc. But we refuse to committ more money and in transfer portal era I think other schools just have greater chance of replacing talent than we do. Not for nothing but we arguable have the best RB in FCS and a top 5 WR and HAD a top 10 QB (Muskett). Those are all recruited ad developed guys- something we have done well with. What "type" of kid comes to MU for their last year? Not those types. And broken record or not, we offer a HS stadium, no crowds and now a HC who MAY have 2-3 years left and that has to be well known. We have zero NIL or budget for ay bells and whistles even in the nutrition category. Maybe it does not matter who knows, but as a private school that cost way too much and declining enrollment, we simply are not going to committ to what is needed to be a "have" as opposed to a have not. Rememeber, we are on our "way up" not already there, so to be trying to build in this era IMO is harder for someone not there yet. No excuses at all just how I feel. Yes it opens door for higher rated Hs kids to land FCS ad that is my point- Monmouth or Delaware (assuming they didnt leave).. MU or Nova? MU or a low tier FBS? what makes MU draw them? Its not that we are very good, it is not any sort of culture it def is not playing in frot of 12k at night with a crazy atmosphere , its not a training table or anything else. Add to it a HC who may not be there in your 3rd year, to me it adds up to chaos and a bunch of 3-8, 4-7 years. I mean dude Delaware was probably years away from being legit legit (SDSU, Montana etc) ad they have it all. Not sure how Albany did it honestly, so maybe I am being a baby who knows.. But doesnt seem like our admin/Prez etc committed.

Sandlapper Spike
December 7th, 2023, 11:30 AM
Here’s the PL ytd in basketball

If Charleston were to leave - and I’m seeing this less and less as a probability - I think you would have to see where the Carolina and VA members might want to replace with a nearby member like a High Point. In the end, I think the collective will agree on a solution. It’s in the vested interest of all them.

I'll be very surprised if College of Charleston isn't a member of the A-10 for the 2024-25 school year.

rhowdyram
December 7th, 2023, 12:04 PM

Holy Cross
Fordham
Villanova
Duquesne (must have a second side to their "stadium")
Richmond

6 private schools, all w/decent endowments, all w/some sort of ancient FBS history and all w/at least three decades in what is now the FCS. By chance, except for Georgetown, all have also made recent playoff trips.

Anyway, it would be kinda hard to bring those 6 together but then I realized that w/Rhode Island, it could serve as the foundation for a new and actual A-10 Football Conference. First, Holy Cross would hafta jump to the A-10 for all sports. Then, the A-10 would hafta reach out to Villanova/Georgetown as affiliates. Not the craziest of scenarios considering other predictions made here. Davidson, in the process of building a new stadium, could also join if they added scholarships although I think Dayton is a PFL lifer.

Short of a new A-10 Football Conference however, I'd simply settle for Villanova joining the PL. Coincidentally, I just reached out to some who might know if there's any chance of Villanova finally making that move.

Holy Cross to the A10? Why would there be any interest in that? Really the best plan would be for Fordham to move to the Patriot League in all sports.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2023, 12:25 PM
you nailed the bolded part- 100%!! agree on all- The reason I think we are ot in same boat is multi faceted. And when I say same boat I do not mean with Sacred Heart, I mean with established top 25 or similar teams that are either state schools or have large endowments. Our leadership is non committal and has more of a "happy to be here" attitude rather than "let’s fter go be the next Holy Cross or even the new Delaware. Stupid as it sounds NJ is breeding ground for good HS Football and we have pipeline to DC area, VA etc. But we refuse to committ more money and in transfer portal era I think other schools just have greater chance of replacing talent than we do. Not for nothing but we arguable have the best RB in FCS and a top 5 WR and HAD a top 10 QB (Muskett). Those are all recruited ad developed guys- something we have done well with. What "type" of kid comes to MU for their last year? Not those types. And broken record or not, we offer a HS stadium, no crowds and now a HC who MAY have 2-3 years left and that has to be well known. We have zero NIL or budget for ay bells and whistles even in the nutrition category. Maybe it does not matter who knows, but as a private school that cost way too much and declining enrollment, we simply are not going to committ to what is needed to be a "have" as opposed to a have not. Rememeber, we are on our "way up" not already there, so to be trying to build in this era IMO is harder for someone not there yet. No excuses at all just how I feel. Yes it opens door for higher rated Hs kids to land FCS ad that is my point- Monmouth or Delaware (assuming they didnt leave).. MU or Nova? MU or a low tier FBS? what makes MU draw them? Its not that we are very good, it is not any sort of culture it def is not playing in frot of 12k at night with a crazy atmosphere , its not a training table or anything else. Add to it a HC who may not be there in your 3rd year, to me it adds up to chaos and a bunch of 3-8, 4-7 years. I mean dude Delaware was probably years away from being legit legit (SDSU, Montana etc) ad they have it all. Not sure how Albany did it honestly, so maybe I am being a baby who knows.. But doesnt seem like our admin/Prez etc committed.

After reading that, I’m thinking Monmouth is actually doing it right. Declining enrollments all over the place and declining attendance everywhere but schools still building and expanding? Does it make sense? Keeping the half Stadium sounds smart.

Besides, the number of kids playing HS football is down, but schools keep moving up looking to fill those 22 xtra schollies with FBS talent. We need a numbers cruncher, a laptop and a Starbucks for some young bright mind to figure it out with the question being …. where would these 2024 HS players offered by FBS schools be playing 15 years ago? FCS is my off the cuff answer

The Boogie Down
December 8th, 2023, 01:50 AM
One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong! Can you tell me kids which one doesn't belong?
If you said "Richmond" than you'd be right boys and girls! All the others are "Catholic" institutions of higher learning.

Don't tell UConn, but they're surrounded by "Papists!" xshhhx

Holy Cross to the A10? Why would there be any interest in that? Really the best plan would be for Fordham to move to the Patriot League in all sports.

Holy Cross brings in the Boston market. As for Fordham, ok, but if we rejoined the Patsies in all sports, where would Rhodey go?

To be clear Fordham is 8-9 against Rhode Island in men's hoops over the past 12 seasons. All-time, Fordham is 31-41 vs Rhodey. Small edge URI but it's not like anyone is confusing them w/UConn. Oh and it's not like anyone is confusing URI football w/UConn either.

In fact, the last time the Rams' locked horns on the gridiron, Fordham won by like a million points. Then Rhodey did cry-cry. Then they never played again. Coincidentally, the last time Holy Cross met Rhode Island on the gridiron, Holy Cross won by like a million points. Then Rhodey did cry-cry. Then they never played again.

Me? I'd love for an A-10 Football Conference and giving Rhodey another shot at the "Catholic" big boys! xthumbsupx

mainejeff
December 8th, 2023, 12:31 PM
The best spot for URI is America East. Don't tell them that though. I just have to laugh the way everyone *****s on America East....I guess they are an easy target though.

ElonFirefighter
December 8th, 2023, 05:51 PM

Elon will not go back to the SoCon. We went to the CAA to better match where our students come from. Unless there is a complete collapse like when we left the Socon, App, GSU, Davidson CoC leaving.

TJT
December 17th, 2023, 12:07 PM
The football only members of the CAA need to break off and regain control of their futures. They should have a say in new members instead of non football schools deciding their fate. The best days of the CAA Football Conference are in the past and there is no longer a strong need to associate with the league. Now is the time to act and form a new league.

UNHWildcat18
December 18th, 2023, 09:14 AM
The football only members of the CAA need to break off and regain control of their futures. They should have a say in new members instead of non football schools deciding their fate. The best days of the CAA Football Conference are in the past and there is no longer a strong need to associate with the league. Now is the time to act and form a new league.

A lot of people agree but it would take a lot of work to make that happen, if the CAA loses a member or two and fails to attract say Albany, I think we should form a new league. However while the original members of the Yankee conference are around (Maine URI UNH) it would be unlikely to keep all of the oldest teams that came in the eighties (UR Nova W&M). Obviously the first two are associates but none of the 5 want to lose W&M as a football conference mate. Sadly they are the heart and center of the CAA all sports conference. So realistically a new league probably wouldn't include W&M which would suck.

In terms of other members for this, new conference. The AE would have to form the football conference. I would see them making a law for the new conference that allows the football members only to vote on admission not just auto entry if you join the AE for all sports. That being said I think Albany would be a shoe in and Bryant as well due to them being in the AE already, committing to facilities and being a part of approving and starting the conference. So that gives you UNH,Maine,URI,Nova,UR,Albany,Bryant if Nova and UR accept. That's 7.

As many of us on the AE board and various other ones have talked about. Ideally the AE could add 3 schools to just round out to 12(9/10 for football). Do we take 2 football schools and a bball school? or 3 football schools, all speculative. Can we even achieve this? It would take some schools leaving the CAA, no one from the AE leaving, and a few other moves to make it work.

Even if we did this and got what we wanted. Losing W&M as a football partner is something none of the Yankee programs want, and honestly Elon doesn't want to lose out on being with us either due to their strong presence in the north east for student body. I just cant see any kind of new all sports league where W&M wants to travel to UVM UNH Maine etc...

The CAA as is... is obviously not getting it done compared to the top of the MVFC and Big Sky and super bloated. having 4(7-1) teams is a ****ing joke.

mainejeff
December 18th, 2023, 09:39 AM
CAA Football isn't going anywhere.....don't like it? Go FBS like Delaware and JMU. Once Albany joins the CAA for all sports....it will solidify the existence of CAA Football even more.

Dane96
December 18th, 2023, 10:27 AM

This is an inaccurate statement: The CAA football members have control over new members BUT for the CAA all sport entries, meaning they had no say over the inclusions of A&T, Hampton, Monmouth, and Campbell. From a competitive perspective (not overall sport) none of those adds are very worrisome but for MAYBE Hampton...but Hampton isn't some "sisters of the poor" football school. In short, none of those adds were bad and ALL the schools had a say on Bryant.

As for breaking off...I don't agree with this argument at all. Is a 16 team league bizarrre? Yep. Will we see more of this: YEP. As the landscape changes you will see larger leagues at all levels, going back to the old days of the ECAC for individual sports.

Moreover, the football league breaking apart helps absolutely no one. Both leagues would be significantly weaker apart than they are together, from brand name, competition, and recruiting area standpoints. What I can see happening, again, is a breakup of the CAA at some point...and that changes the calculation. For the Southern schools (and this is a football equation only), getting together with the Southern Conference would be a must. From the Northern school standpoint, keeping Villanova and making a run at Fordham is a must.

There is a great interview with Chip Kelly from this week that discusses the ****show that is going on in sports. He's 100% right about his FBS thought process...and it equally applies to FCS. All of football should be broken out into "independent sport" status, allowing like minded schools to stick together and keeping all-sports schools affiliated with their regions and rivals. The CAA Football conference is a prime example of that type of scenario.

Dane96
December 18th, 2023, 10:32 AM
CAA Football isn't going anywhere.....don't like it? Go FBS like Delaware and JMU. Once Albany joins the CAA for all sports....it will solidify the existence of CAA Football even more.

I don't think we are going anywhere.

What we need to do in the AE is jettison NJIT, get UNH to up their facilities...and attract a couple of other members or old members that are dedicated. Other than the CAA Northern teams--and this is for all-sport only, not football--the CAA has lost its luster. Yeah, great baseball and softball. Track and Field- good because of one northern school and 1 and half southern schools (NU and A&T/W&M, respectively). Soccer, lax, etc...why travel when the sports are better in the AE. Additionally, right now I don't see the CAA ever getting to be "light years" ahead of the AE in basketball for a loooooooong time. We will probably trade places, up and down, for many years. When the CAA lost VCU, Richmond, ODU, and Mason...that's just too much to backfill.

KPSUL
December 18th, 2023, 01:47 PM
So both MaineJeff and Dane96 are right on the CAA-Football rules on voting, or not voting, on new football members. You guys are just focused on different aspects of the rule.. When the CAA-F was formed the charter/rules required CAA-F members to vote on admitting new football member, except for existing all sport CAA members who had the right to opt into football whenever they chose. I'd think that the exception was made to accommodate existing member at the time the /CAA-F was created, but who knows, perhaps the CAA administration was planning ahead to facilitate expansion and keep CAA-F only members from participating from the start. But I doubt the original football only members would have thought the rule would have applied to future all sports members who would opt into football 30 seconds after joining the conference with the original CAA-F members having no say what-so-ever. I'm pretty sure this is NOT how it works in the MVFC relative to new all sport MVC members.

So bottom-line, the CAA-F only members had no vote in what teams would join their football conference if you're talking about Monmouth, Hampton, NC A&T, and Campbell. Since Bryant was joining CAA-F only, I assume they did. I suspect some of the existing football teams were happy to re-balance to North - South distribution of teams.

I have no idea how the UNH Head Football Coach and AD actually feel about remaining in the CAA to play football given the significant changes of the past 2 years. All the public statements indicate that they are satisfied, even proud, of the association with the CAA. But who really knows what may be going on behind the scenes.

KPSUL
December 18th, 2023, 02:18 PM
I don't think we are going anywhere.

What we need to do in the AE is jettison NJIT, get UNH to up their facilities...and attract a couple of other members or old members that are dedicated. Other than the CAA Northern teams--and this is for all-sport only, not football--the CAA has lost its luster. Yeah, great baseball and softball. Track and Field- good because of one northern school and 1 and half southern schools (NU and A&T/W&M, respectively). Soccer, lax, etc...why travel when the sports are better in the AE. Additionally, right now I don't see the CAA ever getting to be "light years" ahead of the AE in basketball for a loooooooong time. We will probably trade places, up and down, for many years. When the CAA lost VCU, Richmond, ODU, and Mason...that's just too much to backfill.

I assume you mean the Basketball facility for UNH. It works given the level of fan interest in the UNH basketball programs. I don't think there are plans to build anything new, and the AE is not going strong arm UNH into doing anything. We don't play several sports the AE offers, but the UNH teams are very competitive in all we do, most seasons. Our men's Soccer team is arguably the premiere AE team across all sports over the past 6-7 years. And to understand UNH sports, you need to understand that Football, Hockey, Skiing and maybe even women's Gymnastics are a bigger deal at UNH than the sports we play in the AE, except for Men's Soccer.

Also what's wrong with NJIT? They had a good Men's soccer program this season.

ncspiderfan
December 18th, 2023, 09:59 PM
Elon will not go back to the SoCon. We went to the CAA to better match where our students come from. Unless there is a complete collapse like when we left the Socon, App, GSU, Davidson CoC leaving.

Herder seems to forget that Richmond and W&M are locked in the "Oldest Rivalry in the South". Richmond with the win this year now leads the series at 65-64-5.
Never say never, but I doubt you get one without the other, even if one is FB only wherever they might land. Add to that the majority of the Richmond fans think FB is a side show, and Richmond left the CAA to get in a better (more bids) BB conference and I honestly do not know anything about SoCon BB so do not know if that conference rate with the A-10. Richmond like Elon draws students from the north as well, so heading to SoCon does not seem like it is highly likely. W&M seems like an outlier for the SoCon as far as travel and even Richmond has much longer bus trips south than even to Nova and probably even Monmouth.
Throw in the fact that the last president at Richmond that tried to go Patriot League lasted a very short period of time after he announced those intentions, so there is that factor, but again things do and have changed for FCS. I feel sure money will make the decision in the long run.

All that said, I am of the opinion, the SoCon is clicking along again without App State and Ga Southern and the CAA will adjust to no JMU and Delaware in a few years or maybe sooner.

UNHWildcat18
December 19th, 2023, 06:23 AM
I assume you mean the Basketball facility for UNH. It works given the level of fan interest in the UNH basketball programs. I don't think there are plans to build anything new, and the AE is not going strong arm UNH into doing anything. We don't play several sports the AE offers, but the UNH teams are very competitive in all we do, most seasons. Our men's Soccer team is arguably the premiere AE team across all sports over the past 6-7 years. And to understand UNH sports, you need to understand that Football, Hockey, Skiing and maybe even women's Gymnastics are a bigger deal at UNH than the sports we play in the AE, except for Men's Soccer.

NJIT needs to put more money into athletics, especially mens basketball.

What also irks me is that the CAA keeps losing big venues and replacing them with.... sub par ones. We just tossed the ****ing standards for facilities out the window. I know UNH and URI were under that capacity but UNH isn't anymore and URI won't be for long. Even Maine is going to be way better with endzone seating and the track removed. Again this is all because it was adds forced on us by them joining the CAA all sports.

We lost
JMU 26k
UD 18.5k
ODU 20k
umASS 17k

We gained.....
Monmouth 4.2k
Hampton 12k(one ugly ass one at that, not sure if it can even hold 12)
Campbell 5.5k
Bryant 4.2k (soon to be 6-7k depending on new side, keeping endzone seating after rhode island fc leaves etc...)

I am excluding Elon Albany SBU and NCA&T because they were not bad adds in terms of their stadiums IMHO, smaller than the ones we lost yes but still close to the remaining schools.

It was very entertaining on tv and I saw so much traffic on social media about how cool it is when Montana/Montana St./NDSU/SDSU/Idaho have packed houses and the atmosphere is great. The NDSU/Montana game was great.

Tough to say social media would say the same if say Monmouth was ever to hold a semi final game.....

It's also just tough to keep adding more and more members with less in common, and trying to convince people to keep interested. IMHO

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2023, 08:24 AM
Albany Danes

congratulation's on a great season

Fun team to watch especially against FCS and G5 FBS teams

You ran up against a team that’s ranked 20th in the nation on their home field .. so remember that

Dane96
December 19th, 2023, 08:30 AM

Per my understanding, two things are being done to Ludlholm, (nothing major) to make the experience a bit nicer, including a club lounge utilizing the gym the coaches use to workout that overlooks the floor. Additionally, I know there is talk to repurchase a game floor for the Whit, so that UNH can play 3-5 games a year in the Whit and HS tourneys can be played. Those, are nice things that will help continue the upward facilities trajectory of the league.

As for NJIT, the problems that kept them from the AE for many years are still there. There is serious talk amongst ADs in the AE about "forcing the issue". The budget is by far the lowest in the league an represents a top-end NEC budget for athletics, high-end MEAC. That's simply out-of-touch in the AE. Most of their money is split between scholarships and facilities, almost 11 million out of a $20 million budget. It's almost an even split between schollys and facilities, and the latter is due to the arena they built. Yes, they don't have football...but the amount of money they spend on coaching compensation is some of the worst in the northeast, especially considering location. The support staff salaries are nearly a 1/3 to 1/2 (the latter is skewed by the football playing schools) of that of other AE schools.

Yes, they are taking over an off-campus former minor league stadium, which will DEFINITELY help. But overall, they need to invest in coaching, support staff, etc. so that they can help buttress themselves and the league. There is a reason they regularly finish at the bottom in most sports. In short, there is growing frustration with them. Lowell, is a perfect example-- they spend about 2 million more than NJIT but most of it is in the coaching/support staff required to build an overall athletic department.

Dane96
December 19th, 2023, 08:34 AM
NJIT needs to put more money into athletics, especially mens basketball.

What also irks me is that the CAA keeps losing big venues and replacing them with.... sub par ones. We just tossed the ****ing standards for facilities out the window. I know UNH and URI were under that capacity but UNH isn't anymore and URI won't be for long. Even Maine is going to be way better with endzone seating and the track removed. Again this is all because it was adds forced on us by them joining the CAA all sports.

We lost
JMU 26k
UD 18.5k
ODU 20k
umASS 17k

We gained.....
Monmouth 4.2k
Hampton 12k(one ugly ass one at that, not sure if it can even hold 12)
Campbell 5.5k
Bryant 4.2k (soon to be 6-7k depending on new side, keeping endzone seating after rhode island fc leaves etc...)

I am excluding Elon Albany SBU and NCA&T because they were not bad adds in terms of their stadiums IMHO, smaller than the ones we lost yes but still close to the remaining schools.

It was very entertaining on tv and I saw so much traffic on social media about how cool it is when Montana/Montana St./NDSU/SDSU/Idaho have packed houses and the atmosphere is great. The NDSU/Montana game was great.

Tough to say social media would say the same if say Monmouth was ever to hold a semi final game.....

It's also just tough to keep adding more and more members with less in common, and trying to convince people to keep interested. IMHO

Important note that Albany and SBU were told that they had to have a minimum of 8000 seats to join the league. Albany is only officially 8,500 "seats" but the capacity limit is 11,500 (technically), expandable (with all in ground infrastructure already in place) to 27,000. The point though, is Albany was originally going to build around a 4,500 Phase 1, and upped it to meet the league request. Albany originally wanted the full 27,000 but the state shot it down (looking at Senator Levalle who led the shoot down).

Dane96
December 19th, 2023, 08:37 AM
Albany Danes

congratulation's on a great season

Fun team to watch especially against FCS and G5 FBS teams

You ran up against a team that’s ranked 20th in the nation on their home field .. so remember that

Thank you. I've had time to think about it and simply put, if we had more rest and not the stupid schedule...we still probably lose by 30. We are not 59 points worse than SDSU...some of that travel/exhaustion had something to do with it. We were also down two key defensive players due to illness. That said, that SDSU team (I tortured myself and re-watched the game) is WAY better than the Baylor team we faced last year...like LIGHT YEARS better. They are definitely a Top 25-30 team in FBS.

UNHWildcat18
December 19th, 2023, 09:50 AM
Important note that Albany and SBU were told that they had to have a minimum of 8000 seats to join the league. Albany is only officially 8,500 "seats" but the capacity limit is 11,500 (technically), expandable (with all in ground infrastructure already in place) to 27,000. The point though, is Albany was originally going to build around a 4,500 Phase 1, and upped it to meet the league request. Albany originally wanted the full 27,000 but the state shot it down (looking at Senator Levalle who led the shoot down).

Oh yeah I remember that time, but due to the needs of the CAA all sports conference that simply got tossed aside. I'm glad you guys and others have the space to expand if needed.

I really hope Albany continues to do well and their attendance/fan base keeps growing.

KPSUL
December 19th, 2023, 12:00 PM
Thank you. I've had time to think about it and simply put, if we had more rest and not the stupid schedule...we still probably lose by 30. We are not 59 points worse than SDSU...some of that travel/exhaustion had something to do with it. We were also down two key defensive players due to illness. That said, that SDSU team (I tortured myself and re-watched the game) is WAY better than the Baylor team we faced last year...like LIGHT YEARS better. They are definitely a Top 25-30 team in FBS.

Traveling that far, and doing it twice, does take a toll on any team. You won't get many of the Montana or Dakota guys to acknowledge that, but it's true. Twice in the past 6 years there have been Western playoff teams traveling to the East Coast. Montana lost to JMU in 2021 28-6 and SDSU lost in 2017, 51-16. I went to both games and they were as one sided as the score indicates. The SDSU game was sweet revenge for me as I had traveled to Brookings the week prior and watch the Jacks stomp on a Cinderella 7-4 (CAA 4th Place) UNH team in the Quarterfinals 56-14.

KPSUL
December 19th, 2023, 12:20 PM
Per my understanding, two things are being done to Ludlholm, (nothing major) to make the experience a bit nicer, including a club lounge utilizing the gym the coaches use to workout that overlooks the floor. Additionally, I know there is talk to repurchase a game floor for the Whit, so that UNH can play 3-5 games a year in the Whit and HS tourneys can be played. Those, are nice things that will help continue the upward facilities trajectory of the league.

As for NJIT, the problems that kept them from the AE for many years are still there. There is serious talk amongst ADs in the AE about "forcing the issue". The budget is by far the lowest in the league an represents a top-end NEC budget for athletics, high-end MEAC. That's simply out-of-touch in the AE. Most of their money is split between scholarships and facilities, almost 11 million out of a $20 million budget. It's almost an even split between schollys and facilities, and the latter is due to the arena they built. Yes, they don't have football...but the amount of money they spend on coaching compensation is some of the worst in the northeast, especially considering location. The support staff salaries are nearly a 1/3 to 1/2 (the latter is skewed by the football playing schools) of that of other AE schools.

Yes, they are taking over an off-campus former minor league stadium, which will DEFINITELY help. But overall, they need to invest in coaching, support staff, etc. so that they can help buttress themselves and the league. There is a reason they regularly finish at the bottom in most sports. In short, there is growing frustration with them. Lowell, is a perfect example-- they spend about 2 million more than NJIT but most of it is in the coaching/support staff required to build an overall athletic department.

Good post, I appreciate the info - you know more about Lundholm gym than I do. While I'm an avid UNH Soccer fan I really don't track AE issues.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2023, 03:58 PM
Delaware at Colorado booked for 2025

have to admit that Boulders are better than little Stony Brooks

Sitting Bull
December 19th, 2023, 05:29 PM
Delaware at Colorado booked for 2025

have to admit that Boulders are better than little Stony Brooks

That’s a nice game!! Which btw, has nothing to do with the CAA. You could play them anytime you want.

Don’t understand why Hen fans keep complaining about their OOC schedules and somehow feel like it’s the CAAs fault.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2023, 05:36 PM
That’s a nice game!! Which btw, has nothing to do with the CAA. You could play them anytime you want.

Don’t understand why Hen fans keep complaining about their OOC schedules and somehow feel like it’s the CAAs fault.

I think the consensus is Bryant, Campbell and the Hamptons should have been out of conference games…

Sitting Bull
December 19th, 2023, 06:39 PM
I think the consensus is Bryant, Campbell and the Hamptons should have been out of conference games…

And Kennesaw and Sam Houston will soon be conference games. And you get to play them on Tuesday night - for the “exposure”. Good luck with that.

Again, congrats on the Colorado game but no need to knock Stony Brook.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2023, 07:57 AM
And Kennesaw and Sam Houston will soon be conference games. And you get to play them on Tuesday night - for the “exposure”. Good luck with that.

Again, congrats on the Colorado game but no need to knock Stony Brook.

hey, Long Island is where Stony Brook is, the knocks will keep on coming

solohawks
December 20th, 2023, 08:24 AM
The best spot for URI is America East. Don't tell them that though. I just have to laugh the way everyone *****s on America East....I guess they are an easy target though.

ive thought the same thing. They won't leave the A10 due to the money and conference payout disparity, but they do seem like perfect fit for the AE, especially as the A10 migrates south and west.

Sitting Bull
December 20th, 2023, 08:37 AM

An OOC of those three would probably been one of the tougher OOC schedules the Hens have booked over the last 20 years.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2023, 10:12 AM
An OOC of those three would probably been one of the tougher OOC schedules the Hens have booked over the last 20 years.

Well they tried a home and home with North Dakota State but yes generally it was weak and fans complained about it, but at the same time, the North Dakota State game barely made any difference attendance wise. I think that kind of showed em staying in FCS was not really going to work for the long haul

mainejeff
December 20th, 2023, 12:17 PM
Maine has Oklahoma, Montana State and Colgate next season. We should have been playing Delaware’s OOC schedule over the past decade.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2023, 12:29 PM
Maine has Oklahoma, Montana State and Colgate next season. We should have been playing Delaware’s OOC schedule over the past decade.

but the paychecks

Gangtackle11
December 21st, 2023, 06:26 PM
Wish I could fast forward 5 years and see the gohens.net complaints about having to play in Ruston, El Paso, Las Cruces, etc on Tuesday nights & the big boys don’t let them play in any $$$ games once they drop G5 schools like a hot potato.

Then again Carrib may be the only one still kicking over there in 5 years!!! He’ll be posting to himself. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2023, 06:47 PM
Wish I could fast forward 5 years and see the gohens.net complaints about having to play in Ruston, El Paso, Las Cruces, etc on Tuesday nights & the big boys don’t let them play in any $$$ games once they drop G5 schools like a hot potato.

Then again Carrib may be the only one still kicking over there in 5 years!!! He’ll be posting to himself. xpeacex

I’m not really all excited about the move up Gangster but judging only by gohens.net, I’m in the minority by a lot

rhowdyram
December 22nd, 2023, 08:10 AM

If the Atlantic 10 becomes a consistent one bid conference, then yeah, I'd rather be in the America East than the Atlantic 10. You wouldn't know it because of how deep our rebuild is after Dan Hurley, but we're a basketball school and there's not enough basketball schools in the America East. The Ryan Center just doesn't fit in with the other facilities in the conference either.

For us to fit in the America East there would either need to be a massive bump up in commitment to basketball from that conference or URI would have to completely reimagine their athletic department and accept that their biggest, most expensive facility is no longer useful to our University.

topher99
December 22nd, 2023, 10:56 AM
Elon QB Matthew Downing granted another year of eligibility and All-American Caleb Curtain decides to withdraw from the portal.

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2023, 01:12 PM
So the Campbell coach said I’ve had enough

what was his reason?

UNHWildcat18
December 22nd, 2023, 01:53 PM
If the Atlantic 10 becomes a consistent one bid conference, then yeah, I'd rather be in the America East than the Atlantic 10. You wouldn't know it because of how deep our rebuild is after Dan Hurley, but we're a basketball school and there's not enough basketball schools in the America East. The Ryan Center just doesn't fit in with the other facilities in the conference either.

For us to fit in the America East there would either need to be a massive bump up in commitment to basketball from that conference or URI would have to completely reimagine their athletic department and accept that their biggest, most expensive facility is no longer useful to our University.

URI does belong with America East teams like Albany Maine UNH Bing etc. I agree though your basketball facility, commitment and being in the A-10 just doesn’t warrant such a move. Would make no sense, makes sense for all other sports except basketball..

KPSUL
December 22nd, 2023, 02:00 PM

Paradoxical day to be asserting the massive advantage URI has currently playing in the Atlantic 10 over the AE - the perennial AE Men's Basketball "also ran", UNH, with I think a total of Zero NCAA Tournament Appearances, just yesterday evening beat URI in the Ryan Center 81-71.

TJT
December 23rd, 2023, 11:35 AM
Paradoxical day to be asserting the massive advantage URI has currently playing in the Atlantic 10 over the AE - the perennial AE Men's Basketball "also ran", UNH, with I think a total of Zero NCAA Tournament Appearances, just yesterday evening beat URI in the Ryan Center 81-71.

URI basketball is going through a pretty rough period at the moment. This was only the fourth win ever for UNH over URI in Kingston as the Wildcats are now 4-56 there. URI leads the all time series 96-19 as it has also dominated in Durham (40-15).

Gangtackle11
December 23rd, 2023, 01:49 PM
I’m not really all excited about the move up Gangster but judging only by gohens.net, I’m in the minority by a lot

The gohens.net crowd has been thirsty for FBS football for a long time especially since they have been exposed as nothing more than average FCS program.

The problem is FBS football won’t be FBS for many in a few years. Cherish the OOC game with Colorado now. In a few years they won’t play anyone not in the upper echelon of college football. Gone will be the $$$ games in FBS.

Delaware and many others will be left holding the bag w/o big paydays from the big boys. They will be relegated to Tuesday night football to pay the $$$ required to travel, etc. Eventually the economics won’t make sense & we’ll all be remembering the time schools like Delaware spent playing the warm up band to the main act.

The FCS will continue on with the large state schools out west dominating as the rest of eastern FCS teams play 2nd fiddle to the MVFC powers.

Good luck Delaware. You’ll finally get your chance to play Navy, Army, Temple, & the Conference of Misfit Toys. Just won’t make financial sense after awhile especially when your non-revenue sports are traveling long distances too! xpeacex

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2023, 09:52 PM
The gohens.net crowd has been thirsty for FBS football for a long time especially since they have been exposed as nothing more than average FCS program.

The problem is FBS football won’t be FBS for many in a few years. Cherish the OOC game with Colorado now. In a few years they won’t play anyone not in the upper echelon of college football. Gone will be the $$$ games in FBS.

Delaware and many others will be left holding the bag w/o big paydays from the big boys. They will be relegated to Tuesday night football to pay the $$$ required to travel, etc. Eventually the economics won’t make sense & we’ll all be remembering the time schools like Delaware spent playing the warm up band to the main act.

The FCS will continue on with the large state schools out west dominating as the rest of eastern FCS teams play 2nd fiddle to the MVFC powers.

Good luck Delaware. You’ll finally get your chance to play Navy, Army, Temple, & the Conference of Misfit Toys. Just won’t make financial sense after awhile especially when your non-revenue sports are traveling long distances too! xpeacex

https://www.artnet.com/WebServices/images/ll00088lldBOvGFgJUeR3CfDrCWvaHBOc3naD/graham-mckean-ebenezer-scrooge.jpg

Gangtackle11
December 24th, 2023, 03:59 PM
https://www.artnet.com/WebServices/images/ll00088lldBOvGFgJUeR3CfDrCWvaHBOc3naD/graham-mckean-ebenezer-scrooge.jpg

I know Carrib……having to rationalize all this isn’t for someone who roots for Delaware wants to consider. Reality has been harsh for Delaware fans for many seasons past…

Merry Xmas to you & all CAA posters (past, present, & future) xpeacex

KPSUL
December 24th, 2023, 07:11 PM
URI basketball is going through a pretty rough period at the moment. This was only the fourth win ever for UNH over URI in Kingston as the Wildcats are now 4-56 there. URI leads the all time series 96-19 as it has also dominated in Durham (40-15).

That was pretty much my point in mentioning the UNH win at Ryan. I certainly wasn't touting UNH Basketball prowess, the number don't surprise me at all and nor do a care much either. Unlike the other 5 New England state flagship universities, URI doesn't play in Hockey East so its all in with Basketball.

TJT
December 25th, 2023, 10:19 AM
That was pretty much my point in mentioning the UNH win at Ryan. I certainly wasn't touting UNH Basketball prowess, the number don't surprise me at all and nor do a care much either. Unlike the other 5 New England state flagship universities, URI doesn't play in Hockey East so its all in with Basketball.

Men's basketball has long been the main focus for URI athletics and it is the reason URI is not a member of the America East (URI is 223-40 [.848] all time vs UNH/UMaine/UVM). Many credit Rhode Island HOF Coach Frank Keaney with inventing the fast break in Kingston. The school was the first in New England to achieve national prominence facing off against Adolph Rupp's Kentucky team for the NIT Championship back in the 1940's when it was considered the pseudo national title. URI has the second most all time basketball wins in New England trailing only multiple national champion UConn.

KPSUL
December 25th, 2023, 05:32 PM
Men's basketball has long been the main focus for URI athletics and it is the reason URI is not a member of the America East (URI is 223-40 [.848] all time vs UNH/UMaine/UVM). Many credit Rhode Island HOF Coach Frank Keaney with inventing the fast break in Kingston. The school was the first in New England to achieve national prominence facing off against Adolph Rupp's Kentucky team for the NIT Championship back in the 1940's when it was considered the pseudo national title. URI has the second most all time basketball wins in New England trailing only multiple national champion UConn.

Impressive history no doubt. So what's wrong with the team this season and last? So far URI is looking like the 3rd best team in Rhode Island after Providence and Brown, and arguably 4th, if you consider Bryant beat Brown and URI did not.

mainejeff
December 25th, 2023, 08:18 PM
Maine baseball used to be a perennial College World Series team....times change.

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2023, 06:33 AM
Maine baseball used to be a perennial College World Series team....times change.

Billy Swift related to the pop star sensation ?

rhowdyram
December 26th, 2023, 08:12 AM
URI does belong with America East teams like Albany Maine UNH Bing etc. I agree though your basketball facility, commitment and being in the A-10 just doesn’t warrant such a move. Would make no sense, makes sense for all other sports except basketball..

Being in the A10 for men's basketball and America East for everything else wouldn't hurt my feelings at all, though obviously that option wouldn't be on the table.

We definitely fit in better with the America East schools, but men's basketball is too large a gap to bridge as is.

rhowdyram
December 26th, 2023, 08:13 AM

And we've got some posters on our message board already talking about firing Archie Miller or saying he should be in the hot seat. After 43 games at URI, after walking into a completely gutted program. The sky is falling in Kingston right now.

rhowdyram
December 26th, 2023, 08:31 AM
Impressive history no doubt. So what's wrong with the team this season and last? So far URI is looking like the 3rd best team in Rhode Island after Providence and Brown, and arguably 4th, if you consider Bryant beat Brown and URI did not.

David Cox was handed the reigns after Dan Hurley left for UConn, he was an assistant through most of Hurley's tenure and was head coach in waiting the last few years under Hurley. We would have actually owed him a six figure buy out if we didn't name him head coach when Hurley left.

First year was rough at times, but we went 18-15 (9-9). We still had talent left over from Hurley's last team here that went to the round of 32 and we had a top 60 or so recruiting class in the country. Year 2 we were projected to be in the tournament or on the bubble most of the year but collapsed at the end and weren't in the tournament conversation by the time the season was cancelled in March 2020. That team had three guys that have had a cup of coffee in the NBA plus two other players that got all A10 honors. Hurley had that program STACKED for his successor and it was set up to dance no later than year 2. Cox failed to do that.

That offseason is when the program hit the iceberg. One guy that had a cup of coffee in the NBA graduated, the other two transferred (one to UConn to follow Hurley and one to Kentucky). We only had one contributor left from our last tournament team, most of the top 60 recruiting class had left, and because we were losing transfers at twice the national average we were taking crazy chances on players. The next year we went 10-15 (7-10) but were worse than the record showed. Cox should have been fired then, but he was kept on an additional year and we went 15-16 (5-12). Cox was finally fired in March 2022.

Days later we hired Archie Miller with the promise of a renewed monetary dedication to the program. We opened up a practice facility this past summer and have committed to behind the scenes increases in charters, assistant coach salaries, and other enhancements. So far Archie hasn't been able to get the talent up to par. He only had one really good player left over from Cox' time here, and that player left for Pitt this past offseason. We've been chasing the rebuild in the portal and the results haven't been there, but we have a couple of promising young recruits that can be the foundation of the next good Rhody team. If we can keep them.

rhowdyram
December 26th, 2023, 08:33 AM
Too long, didn't read. Dan Hurley is a damn miracle worker, was successful at URI, and left the program in a position to succeed when he left. We hired the wrong replacement, kept them a year too long, and the program tanked. We hired a coach that's been successful before, but hasn't been successful in bringing in the right talent his first 43 games here. There are some promising young players, but who knows if we can keep them in the day and age of college athletics.

mainejeff
December 26th, 2023, 11:48 AM
I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer with URI basketball....but it feels like bad timing with the amount of funding that has gone into the hoops program. I don't see any future where URI ends up in a conference above current AE/CAA levels. The top programs in the A-10 are most likely looking for an exit plan and if they are replaced.....it will be programs from the current CAA.

rhowdyram
December 26th, 2023, 12:08 PM
You're not wrong, and it's not a great place to be. We're completely at the mercy of the Big East with no chance to ever join ourselves. Yet, at the same time there's a little bit of we need to do this because this is our only shot to be relevant athletically. We're never going to go FBS and I can't see another sport that can bring in the eyeballs, and money, that men's basketball will. In theory we could add a hockey program, but does that matter if we're not in Hockey East? Providence would never allow us in the Big East, would they also block us from Hockey East?

There's never been an easy time to be a mid-major, and this era seems worse than most.

mainejeff
December 26th, 2023, 12:37 PM
You're not wrong, and it's not a great place to be. We're completely at the mercy of the Big East with no chance to ever join ourselves. Yet, at the same time there's a little bit of we need to do this because this is our only shot to be relevant athletically. We're never going to go FBS and I can't see another sport that can bring in the eyeballs, and money, that men's basketball will. In theory we could add a hockey program, but does that matter if we're not in Hockey East? Providence would never allow us in the Big East, would they also block us from Hockey East?

There's never been an easy time to be a mid-major, and this era seems worse than most.

I hear ya. Maine is in a similar situation facility wise. I'm fine with their basketball arena plan at about 2.5-3K....that is in the right ballpark capacity wise for AE. It's the football portion of the plan that I am questioning....not knowing where CAA Football will be 5 or 10 years from now. I'd hate for them to waste $20 million or more on football facility improvements if the future of FCS is unsustainable because Maine s definitey not moving up to FBS either.

DFW HOYA
December 26th, 2023, 10:40 PM
You're not wrong, and it's not a great place to be. We're completely at the mercy of the Big East with no chance to ever join ourselves.

This doesn't sound like being at the mercy of anyone. It's like saying Butler is at the mercy of the Big 10 or something.

Instead, as the saying goes, be good enough so they'll recognize you.

rhowdyram
December 27th, 2023, 09:20 AM
This is silly. There is zero chance Providence would ever allow us in the Big East and there's zero reason for Fox, or another TV partner, to insist on adding a second school from the Rhode Island TV market.

Beyond that, the A10, and all of their schools, are at the mercy of the Big East. Every school would join in a cocaine heartbeat if invited and every school is hoping the Big East won't poach us again even though there's nothing we can do to stop it should the Big East decide to do it.

KPSUL
December 27th, 2023, 11:40 AM
This is silly. There is zero chance Providence would ever allow us in the Big East and there's zero reason for Fox, or another TV partner, to insist on adding a second school from the Rhode Island TV market.

Beyond that, the A10, and all of their schools, are at the mercy of the Big East. Every school would join in a cocaine heartbeat if invited and every school is hoping the Big East won't poach us again even though there's nothing we can do to stop it should the Big East decide to do it.

So how do you feel about URI's Football early signing recruits? You cleaned out Sacred Heart pretty bad, got a guy from Garden City Football Factory, and a receiver from Iowa State and several other transfers, but not many HS recruits.

rhowdyram
December 27th, 2023, 12:24 PM
So how do you feel about URI's Football early signing recruits? You cleaned out Sacred Heart pretty bad, got a guy from Garden City Football Factory, and a receiver from Iowa State and several other transfers, but not many HS recruits.

Normally it's not a good thing when you're cleaning out a 2-9 team, but our defensive backs coach came from Sacred Heart, so hopefully he's got extra insight into the players we're getting. That certainly seems the case with first team All-NEC DB Arsheen Jiles.

The mixture of transfers vs. high school caught me off guard and I'm not really sure what to think of it. We've got so many holes after the last two years that we'll take talent anyway we can, but it doesn't feel like we should be in a position to take a bunch of transfers and try to run back what we have, it feels like we should be trying to rebuild and be good in the 2025 and 2026 seasons.

KPSUL
December 27th, 2023, 04:22 PM
Normally it's not a good thing when you're cleaning out a 2-9 team, but our defensive backs coach came from Sacred Heart, so hopefully he's got extra insight into the players we're getting. That certainly seems the case with first team All-NEC DB Arsheen Jiles.

The mixture of transfers vs. high school caught me off guard and I'm not really sure what to think of it. We've got so many holes after the last two years that we'll take talent anyway we can, but it doesn't feel like we should be in a position to take a bunch of transfers and try to run back what we have, it feels like we should be trying to rebuild and be good in the 2025 and 2026 seasons.

UNH signed 16, the majority HS, but we also had transfers as well. An offensive lineman from Stonehill, and 3 guys from the Div2 level - probably our 2024 starting QB from Shepard and two all conference defensive guys from Shippensburg. We also signed a DB from Yale after early signing day. I really like seeing them taking a shot at quality D2 guys - we are beginning to see some of them do well, even at FBS schools. Very satisfied with the 12 HS Recruits we've signed.

I wouldn't worry much about only a few HS recruits on early signing day, they may more than make up for it on the next. Is their an heir apparent for Kasim Hill at QB?

rhowdyram
December 28th, 2023, 09:23 AM
UNH signed 16, the majority HS, but we also had transfers as well. An offensive lineman from Stonehill, and 3 guys from the Div2 level - probably our 2024 starting QB from Shepard and two all conference defensive guys from Shippensburg. We also signed a DB from Yale after early signing day. I really like seeing them taking a shot at quality D2 guys - we are beginning to see some of them do well, even at FBS schools. Very satisfied with the 12 HS Recruits we've signed.

I wouldn't worry much about only a few HS recruits on early signing day, they may more than make up for it on the next. Is their an heir apparent for Kasim Hill at QB?

The heir apparent for Hill is Devin Farrell, who should have three years of eligibility left. He's a three star (247sports) transfer from Virginia Tech that they had ranked as the 56th best quarterback in his class.

He was our backup this year and played limited reps over six games. Throwing he was 2 for 3 for 59 yards and a touchdown and he had 5 rushes for 31 yards.

WestCoastAggie
December 30th, 2023, 07:13 PM
Rumors are bubbling up about A&T heading back to the MEAC.

UNHWildcat18
December 30th, 2023, 07:19 PM
Rumors are bubbling up about A&T heading back to the MEAC.

Oh geez…depending on if certain schools leave the CAA I wouldn’t blame NCA&T and Hampton if they both went back. Could get back into that celebration bowl.

WestCoastAggie
December 30th, 2023, 07:28 PM
Oh geez…depending on if certain schools leave the CAA I wouldn’t blame NCA&T and Hampton if they both went back. Could get back into that celebration bowl.
It's all stupid. We are in the early days of our prospect phase of an $100 million dollar athletics capital campaign where we are to hear more details about in 2024. You don't do that to go back to a conference where no one spends over $20 million, even with the Celebration Bowl.

UNHWildcat18
December 30th, 2023, 08:03 PM
It's all stupid. We are in the early days of our prospect phase of an $100 million dollar athletics capital campaign where we are to hear more details about in 2024. You don't do that to go back to a conference where no one spends over $20 million, even with the Celebration Bowl.

Where is this even being talked about?

WestCoastAggie
December 30th, 2023, 08:17 PM
Where is this even being talked about?

The "source" is OffScript on Youtube.

Take that as you will. LOL.

caribbeanhen
December 30th, 2023, 11:14 PM
The "source" is OffScript on Youtube.

Take that as you will. LOL.

the rumor is Richmond, Elon and William & Mary to the Southern

Maine, UNH, Nova to the Patriot

The MEAC merges into the CAA

Stony Brook mercifully drops football

mainejeff
December 31st, 2023, 12:23 PM

Don’t get my hopes up!

Dane96
December 31st, 2023, 01:15 PM

April Fool's is 3 months away.

KPSUL
December 31st, 2023, 01:40 PM
Don’t get my hopes up!

Seems like wild speculation to me. Just another wish list that someone would like to see happen.

There are just too many better options out there when you add in the other 2 CAA-F only members from the Northeast. I don't see UNH or Maine accepting any offer that left the other CAA-F only teams in the Northeast, Albany and URI, out of the deal.

mainejeff
December 31st, 2023, 02:02 PM
Seems like wild speculation to me. Just another wish list that someone would like to see happen.

There are just too many better options out there when you add in the other 2 CAA-F only members from the Northeast. I don't see UNH or Maine accepting any offer that left the other CAA-F only teams in the Northeast, Albany and URI, out of the deal.

Agreed. The key element would be W&M, Elon and Richmond to the Southern. I don't care how it happens or what the league is called eventually as long as we can get back to building rivalries in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic.

Maine
UNH
URI
Bryant
Albany
Stony Brook
Monmouth
Villanova
Towson

Imagine having 8 games every season vs. those teams? It would be such a breath of fresh air.

caribbeanhen
December 31st, 2023, 04:48 PM
April Fool's is 3 months away.

haha

just trying to loosen up KPSUL for New Years Eve

KPSUL
December 31st, 2023, 06:36 PM
Agreed. The key element would be W&M, Elon and Richmond to the Southern. I don't care how it happens or what the league is called eventually as long as we can get back to building rivalries in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic.

Maine
UNH
URI
Bryant
Albany
Stony Brook
Monmouth
Villanova
Towson

Imagine having 8 games every season vs. those teams? It would be such a breath of fresh air.

It would be a very good conference, certainly better than the mash-up the CAA has become. However, as full sports members of the CAA, would Bryant, Monmouth, Stony Brook and Towson want to incur the cost of leaving the CAA and hassle of finding a conference for the rest of their teams?

So I'd guess the teams you suggest are just something you and I might want to happen, but highly unlikely. 8 of those teams in a separate conference that is part of the Coastal Athletic ASSOCIATION could be done easily. Since Towson is southern most they would be part of the South Conference of the CAA.

Sitting Bull
January 1st, 2024, 08:12 AM
It would be a very good conference, certainly better than the mash-up the CAA has become. However, as full sports members of the CAA, would Bryant, Monmouth, Stony Brook and Towson want to incur the cost of leaving the CAA and hassle of finding a conference for the rest of their teams?

So I'd guess the teams you suggest are just something you and I might want to happen, but highly unlikely. 8 of those teams in a separate conference that is part of the Coastal Athletic ASSOCIATION could be done easily. Since Towson is southern most they would be part of the South Conference of the CAA.

Bryant is a football affiliate, not full CAA. As affiliates, the New England 4 have a tight knit group. Expecting anyone else in the CAA to join a New England league is a pipe dream.

mainejeff
January 1st, 2024, 10:48 AM
Bryant is a football affiliate, not full CAA. As affiliates, the New England 4 have a tight knit group. Expecting anyone else in the CAA to join a New England league is a pipe dream.

Expecting anyone to join a 1 bid league that stretches from Boston to SC is also a pipe dream.

Sitting Bull
January 1st, 2024, 11:07 AM
Expecting anyone to join a 1 bid league that stretches from Boston to SC is also a pipe dream.

The CAA is NY to SC, full members, other than Northeastern which seems to prefer the company. It actually exists so no, it’s not a pipe dream. Just apparently a nightmare for you.

mainejeff
January 1st, 2024, 11:22 AM
The CAA is NY to SC, full members, other than Northeastern which seems to prefer the company. It actually exists so no, it’s not a pipe dream. Just apparently a nightmare for you.

If Northeastern is in the league....it is Boston to SC.

When Towson, Drexel, Hofstra and Northeastern joined......iit was am multi-bid league that stretched from Fairfax, VA to Wilmington, NC.....and included George Mason, VCU, JMU, ODU, W&M and UNCW.

W&M and UNCW are the only ones left.

That was then....this is now.

NY Crusader 2010
January 1st, 2024, 12:05 PM
If Northeastern is in the league....it is Boston to SC.

When Towson, Drexel, Hofstra and Northeastern joined......iit was am multi-bid league that stretched from Fairfax, VA to Wilmington, NC.....and included George Mason, VCU, JMU, ODU, W&M and UNCW.

W&M and UNCW are the only ones left.

That was then....this is now.

Nit-picking and slightly off topic but the CAA didn't become a multi-bid basketball league until the mid-2000's. In 2006 UNCW won the CAA tournament and Mason got in as an at-large the year they went to the Final Four. From 2006-2012 more often than not, the CAA had 2 bids and there may have been 1 or 2 years with three bids.

KPSUL
January 1st, 2024, 01:18 PM

Essentially my argument in my previous post. I'm not advocating for and certainly not predicting a break-away Northeast region centered Football conference made up primarily of former CAA teams. I do think the most logical thing for the CAA is two split into two Sub-Conferences of the Association. Had Delaware stayed there could have been 8 per Conference, now it would need to be one 7 team and one 8 team. Exactly how many in-conference vs other CAA conference games are played would need to be hashed out - but I'm thinking 6 in your own, 2 in the other CAA conference, and 3 or 4 OOC depending on the year. IF this doesn't happen the CAA-F is risking losing some of their historically strong and respected members be they from New England and New York or Virginia and NC.

KPSUL
January 1st, 2024, 01:26 PM
Nit-picking and slightly off topic but the CAA didn't become a multi-bid basketball league until the mid-2000's. In 2006 UNCW won the CAA tournament and Mason got in as an at-large the year they went to the Final Four. From 2006-2012 more often than not, the CAA had 2 bids and there may have been 1 or 2 years with three bids.

Please don't apologize, everyone else is doing it. xlolxxlmaox

mainejeff
January 1st, 2024, 01:37 PM
Essentially my argument in my previous post. I'm not advocating for and certainly not predicting a break-away Northeast region centered Football conference made up primarily of former CAA teams. I do think the most logical thing for the CAA is two split into two Sub-Conferences of the Association. Had Delaware stayed there could have been 8 per Conference, now it would need to be one 7 team and one 8 team. Exactly how many in-conference vs other CAA conference games are played would need to be hashed out - but I'm thinking 6 in your own, 2 in the other CAA conference, and 3 or 4 OOC depending on the year. IF this doesn't happen the CAA-F is risking losing some of their historically strong and respected members be they from New England and New York or Virginia and NC.

This. Maine shouldn't have to play a conference schedule consisting of games vs. W&M, Richmond, Campbell and Hampton in one season....while skipping Villanova, Monmouth, Delaware and Towson......who the hell made that schedule?

Tribe4SF
January 1st, 2024, 08:24 PM
This. Maine shouldn't have to play a conference schedule consisting of games vs. W&M, Richmond, Campbell and Hampton in one season....while skipping Villanova, Monmouth, Delaware and Towson......who the hell made that schedule?

What difference does it make? They're all flights anyway.

Dane96
January 2nd, 2024, 10:23 AM

Maine
UNH
URI
Bryant
Albany
Stony Brook
Monmouth
Villanova
Towson

Bingo. And here's the thing, it's not like the CAA is playing a yearly round robin. So losing a game vs. W&M, Richmond, and Elon every other year doesn't hurt the "bid" needle. Would I love to still play those teams, yep. And quite frankly...the CAA Football entity can stay what it is so long as the CAA itself doesn't break up. If the CAA breaks up...that's when W&M and Elon have a decision to make on where they go. That's a big if...

Dane96
January 2nd, 2024, 10:27 AM

Don't disagree with some of this but for potentially Northeastern. My understanding is that they have been actively and inactively (back door conversations) been working the PL and one other league for quite awhile (not the AE). Per my understanding, it's the PL or bust...with the bust being sticking with the CAA until a split happens, while strengthening the CAA north. Have that from multiple, close contacts to the NU situation. Who knows if its canary in a coal mine stuff. I certainly don't.

mainejeff
January 2nd, 2024, 10:55 AM
What difference does it make? They're all flights anyway.

They are not all flights.....Villanova and Monmouth are bus. And the other difference it makes is playing teams that our fans know or care about vs. no name schools in the South.

mainejeff
January 2nd, 2024, 10:59 AM
Don't disagree with some of this but for potentially Northeastern. My understanding is that they have been actively and inactively (back door conversations) been working the PL and one other league for quite awhile (not the AE). Per my understanding, it's the PL or bust...with the bust being sticking with the CAA until a split happens, while strengthening the CAA north. Have that from multiple, close contacts to the NU situation. Who knows if it's canary in a coal mine stuff. I certainly don't.

Northeastern athletics has fallen in terms of wins and profile since they left AE. Their baseball program has remained strong.....but all other programs really seem to be struggling. I feel like they are on the verge of pulling a BU....if they haven't already.

Tribe4SF
January 2nd, 2024, 12:44 PM
They are not all flights.....Villanova and Monmouth are bus. And the other difference it makes is playing teams that our fans know or care about vs. no name schools in the South.

You guys bus to Monmouth and Villanova? Monmouth is over 500 miles and a trip fraught with possible delays. Brutal on your student-athletes.

mainejeff
January 2nd, 2024, 01:54 PM
You guys bus to Monmouth and Villanova? Monmouth is over 500 miles and a trip fraught with possible delays. Brutal on your student-athletes.

Oh well....thems the breaks in FCS.

Anyway....you guys wanted Hampton, Campbell, NC A&T, etc......you play them!

centraljerseycat
January 2nd, 2024, 08:13 PM

I'm with my Maine and UNH brothers here. Not a fan of the new CAA which gets worse every year. Losing our main rival after '24 makes the conference even worse. Nova has nothing in common with the new southern additions. A new hybrid league of the northern CAA with some Patriot League schools would be much more interesting than the current mess.

UNHWildcat18
January 2nd, 2024, 08:47 PM
I'm with my Maine and UNH brothers here. Not a fan of the new CAA which gets worse every year. Losing our main rival after '24 makes the conference even worse. Nova has nothing in common with the new southern additions. A new hybrid league of the northern CAA with some Patriot League schools would be much more interesting than the current mess.

It’s all the CAA sports conferences fault….

dunbar
January 3rd, 2024, 08:12 AM

Maine flies BGR>PHL to Villanova.

mainejeff
January 3rd, 2024, 09:18 AM
Maine flies BGR>PHL to Villanova.

Cool....thanks.

It's about the opponents then. Villanova, Towson and Monmouth > NC A&T, Campbell and Hampton

ccd494
January 3rd, 2024, 09:40 AM
I can second Maine football flying to Villanova/Towson/Delaware. I'm not sure what they do with Stony Brook. I seem to recall it being a hybrid (team flies, equipment drives), but that may be old/inaccurate.

I think that the Olympic sports generally bus to every America East opponent except UMBC (not sure about NJIT, may be situation specific). Hockey East is a full bus league, obviously.

mainejeff
January 3rd, 2024, 09:44 AM
Maine is supposed to have Richmond, W&M and Campbell in Orono this fall.....what are the chances that happens?

caribbeanhen
January 3rd, 2024, 11:30 AM
Might be time to start the 2024 thread

Oh Ware oh Ware has ole Dela Ware gone

oh Where oh where could she be

NY Crusader 2010
January 3rd, 2024, 12:18 PM
I can second Maine football flying to Villanova/Towson/Delaware. I'm not sure what they do with Stony Brook. I seem to recall it being a hybrid (team flies, equipment drives), but that may be old/inaccurate.

I think that the Olympic sports generally bus to every America East opponent except UMBC (not sure about NJIT, may be situation specific). Hockey East is a full bus league, obviously.

I would guess you guys fly from Bangor => JFK or LGA and then bus to SBU. Not impossible that the team would bus to New London, take the ferry across the Sound but still that's gotta be 8-9 hours in total.

Equipment trucks typically drive much further distances than any team on a bus would. I think this must be cost and logistics related to lugging so much weight on an aircraft. The Miami equipment truck drove all the way from South Florida for the Pinstripe Bowl, for example.

Gangtackle11
January 5th, 2024, 11:32 PM
Might be time to start the 2024 thread

Oh Ware oh Ware has ole Dela Ware gone

oh Where oh where could she be

Try Ruston or El Paso on a Tuesday night….xpeacex

Tribe4SF
January 6th, 2024, 04:51 AM
I would guess you guys fly from Bangor => JFK or LGA and then bus to SBU. Not impossible that the team would bus to New London, take the ferry across the Sound but still that's gotta be 8-9 hours in total.

Equipment trucks typically drive much further distances than any team on a bus would. I think this must be cost and logistics related to lugging so much weight on an aircraft. The Miami equipment truck drove all the way from South Florida for the Pinstripe Bowl, for example.

Any team flying to Stony Brook flies into Islip/MacArthur Airport.

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2024, 06:25 AM
Any team flying to Stony Brook flies into Islip/MacArthur Airport.

if they don’t they will certainly regret it

The bus carrying Delaware fans from Newark to Stony took 7 hours this past August

Sitting Bull
January 6th, 2024, 11:46 AM

The bus carrying Delaware fans from Newark to Stony took 7 hours this past August

Better get used to it. Very soon you won’t be able to fly to most of your games in less than 7 hours.

ncspiderfan
January 6th, 2024, 12:35 PM

Wow on the 7 hours.

Richmond team been riding a bus up there every time they played them until this year and losing, I always thought Richmond was only about 7 hours. I guessed the $650K Michigan State paid them put enough in the budget that they finally chartered this year and barely won after the Spider QBs started dropping like flies. Hope they learned something.

WestCoastAggie
January 6th, 2024, 07:17 PM
Hopefully, A&T announces their OC hire within the next 2 weeks but our staff has been busy recruiting the transfer portal, grabbing a QB from UD and a LB from Valdosta State. Each one has 3 years of eligibility left.

Tribe4SF
January 8th, 2024, 03:00 PM
Reese Poffenbarger to Miami and Max Brosmer to Minnesota.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2024, 03:24 PM
Reese Poffenbarger to Miami and Max Brosmer to Minnesota.

Wow

Poff the magic dragon truly lives by the sea…

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2024, 03:29 PM
Hopefully, A&T announces their OC hire within the next 2 weeks but our staff has been busy recruiting the transfer portal, grabbing a QB from UD and a LB from Valdosta State. Each one has 3 years of eligibility left.

I never saw him play a down but hopefully he can contribute for the Aggies

Noah SandersHometown: Stafford, VA
2023: #16 QB 6-2, 206 lbs. So.

ElonFirefighter
January 8th, 2024, 04:52 PM

Most likely a case of, hay you haven't played for us before, you will not next year and as we move to FBS we will be going in a different direction

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2024, 05:28 PM
Most likely a case of, hay you haven't played for us before, you will not next year and as we move to FBS we will be going in a different direction

Yea, he just wasn’t going to play at Delaware, 2 QBs were hurt this year and 2 Freshman already jumped over him

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2024, 05:30 PM
Better get used to it. Very soon you won’t be able to fly to most of your games in less than 7 hours.

Stop SB

that’s not funny … well a little bit

WestCoastAggie
January 8th, 2024, 06:02 PM

Noah Sanders

Hometown: Stafford, VA
2023: #16 QB 6-2, 206 lbs. So.

Personally, I believe the Grad Transfer from Houston Christian will be our QB1 going into Spring Practice.

Sitting Bull
January 8th, 2024, 10:35 PM
Stop SB

that’s not funny … well a little bit

A funnier response could be given the fanbase, the bus had to make 12 pee stops within the 200 mile trip. 😎

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2024, 06:51 AM
A funnier response could be given the fanbase, the bus had to make 12 pee stops within the 200 mile trip. 

Well I wouldn’t go that route if I where you, just spent a week in the Burg and saw no one under 75

Sitting Bull
January 9th, 2024, 09:21 AM
Well I wouldn’t go that route if I where you, just spent a week in the Burg and saw no one under 75

Tourists from Delaware and Pennsylvania

MR. CHICKEN
January 9th, 2024, 10:41 AM
...JES' RECEIVED UD E-MAIL.....ANNOUNCIN'......DELAWARE TA PLAY......@.... WAKE FOREST 2025......AN' H/A....WHIFF BUFFALO 2029/30....AWK!

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2024, 11:58 AM
Tourists from Delaware and Pennsylvania

Was kind of dead, students on break and everything closed by 9pm except this one Italian joint next to the Food Lion…. Sals ? Was kind of a dive but it was either that or Taco Bell. Honestly the slow pace is fine with me, I’ve been busy the last 40 years and it’s time to relax 😎

WestCoastAggie
January 9th, 2024, 12:04 PM
...JES' RECEIVED UD E-MAIL.....ANNOUNCIN'......DELAWARE TA PLAY......@.... WAKE FOREST 2025......AN' H/A....WHIFF BUFFALO 2029/30....AWK!

Hosting Buffalo will draw the crowds. Great deal, Chickens!

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2024, 12:05 PM

Who will be the next FBS team to visit Newark Mr C ?

TribeNomad1
January 9th, 2024, 12:06 PM
Was kind of dead, students on break and everything closed by 9pm except this one Italian joint next to the Food Lion…. Sals ? Was kind of a dive but it was either that or Taco Bell. Honestly the slow pace is fine with me, I’ve been busy the last 40 years and it’s time to relax 

Sal's an institution in the Burg. This time of year is slow, always rainy and chilly. Theme parks not open, and the tourists that came once the heat broke are gone. No students either.

Sitting Bull
January 9th, 2024, 12:09 PM
Was kind of dead, students on break and everything closed by 9pm except this one Italian joint next to the Food Lion…. Sals ? Was kind of a dive but it was either that or Taco Bell. Honestly the slow pace is fine with me, I’ve been busy the last 40 years and it’s time to relax 😎

The area has grown so much toward Jamestown - that’s where most of the activity has moved. In CW area, the pubs across from Zable - Paul’s, Brickhouse and Green Leaf - are where the younger population would be with CW. A few newer places right in Merchants Square also popular with locals. The rest of CW to include the taverns are largely tourist. I remember Sals when I was a student.

I hope we can host you once more this year!

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2024, 12:11 PM
Sal's an institution in the Burg. This time of year is slow, always rainy and chilly. Theme parks not open, and the tourists that came once the heat broke are gone. No students either.

best thing about Sals was it was open so I liked it, my son will probably be there for another 1.5 years and of course The Hens won’t be visiting again …. Sad

MR. CHICKEN
January 9th, 2024, 12:12 PM
Who will be the next FBS team to visit Newark Mr C ?

....WAS WONDERIN' DUH SAME........WILL WE GET ONE......2024 OOC?....QUESTIONS ABOUND...xdontknowx....DOODLES!

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2024, 12:16 PM
The area has grown so much toward Jamestown - that’s where most of the activity has moved. In CW area, the pubs across from Zable - Paul’s, Brickhouse and Green Leaf - are where the younger population would be with CW. A few newer places right in Merchants Square also popular with locals. The rest of CW to include the taverns are largely tourist. I remember Sals when I was a student.

I hope we can host you once more this year!

I hope so but don’t think so.

So the settlers are making another go at it with Jamestown?

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2024, 01:24 PM
https://richmond.com/sports/college/schools/university-richmond/w-m-holds-tight-to-caa-affiliation-as-league-continues-to-evolve/article_e073dda2-ae55-11ee-8ab2-037dcf124033.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

mainejeff
January 9th, 2024, 02:12 PM
https://richmond.com/sports/college/schools/university-richmond/w-m-holds-tight-to-caa-affiliation-as-league-continues-to-evolve/article_e073dda2-ae55-11ee-8ab2-037dcf124033.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

W&M, etc might look down upon Maine....but we can give them an $80 million middle finger today....

https://goblackbears.com/news/2024/1/9/alfond-fund-maine-athletics-harold-alfond-foundation-announce-80-million-gift.aspx

This additional gift will bring the total for athletic facility improvements in Orono to $208 million.....has to be in the same ballpark as JMU and Delaware, no?

Personally I want to be with peer institutions that invest in athletics....and William & Mary just doesn't cut it in that regard.

Tribe4SF
January 9th, 2024, 02:27 PM
W&M, etc might look down upon Maine....but we can give them an $80 million middle finger today....

https://goblackbears.com/news/2024/1/9/alfond-fund-maine-athletics-harold-alfond-foundation-announce-80-million-gift.aspx

This additional gift will bring the total for athletic facility improvements in Orono to $208 million.....has to be in the same ballpark as JMU and Delaware, no?

Personally I want to be with peer institutions that invest in athletics....and William & Mary just doesn't cut it in that regard.

xlolx You've been better lately but here you are with a knee jerk reaction to an article that says things about people's reaction to being in the CAA with Maine that has no factual basis to it. How long will we have to wait for you to grow up again?

WestCoastAggie
January 9th, 2024, 02:59 PM

A&T is currently in the prospect phase of a $100 million dollar Athletics Capital Campaign. CAA teams are investing in athletics and academics. And I should know. Our Admin views Maine as a Peer.

mainejeff
January 9th, 2024, 03:04 PM
A&T is currently in the prospect phase of a $100 million dollar Athletics Capital Campaign. CAA teams are investing in athletics and academics. And I should know. Our Admin views Maine as a Peer.

Good to know.....now if we can get a few more CAA programs like W&M to invest some REAL $$$ as well!

Tribe4SF
January 9th, 2024, 03:33 PM
Good to know.....now if we can get a few more CAA programs like W&M to invest some REAL $$$ as well!

It's not our fault you're playing catchup.

Facilities - William & Mary Athletics (tribeathletics.com) (https://tribeathletics.com/facilities)

All In for W&M Athletics (tribeathletics.com) (https://tribeathletics.com/feature/allin)

mainejeff
January 9th, 2024, 03:58 PM
It's not our fault you're playing catchup.

Facilities - William & Mary Athletics (tribeathletics.com) (https://tribeathletics.com/facilities)

All In for W&M Athletics (tribeathletics.com) (https://tribeathletics.com/feature/allin)

Catching up....and surpassing. Any new donations lately?