PDA

View Full Version : MVC, Southland & Big Sky Returning Production Database

MikeyLoBets
August 9th, 2023, 04:30 PM
Hey All,

Just sharing this document I put together charting returning production in the MVC, Southland & Big Sky. Incoming transfers not included. Stats/Rosters taken from official team websites. More info about the project can be found on the "About this Document" tab. Hope you like it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-EesqhYj7aFV_DaS92Qeq93odL4L4o2O5xpBFjZbKk/edit?usp=sharing

SDFS
August 9th, 2023, 10:08 PM
Hey, I like the work. It would be interesting to limit the data set to MVC, Southland, Big Sky opponents. This would help eliminate skewed data (ie Non scholarship or P5 opponents). In addition, it would be interesting to not only see at percentages but the raw number of yards returning. In some cases 75% returning could be more that 100% returning in terms of actual yardage.

nodak651
August 10th, 2023, 09:40 AM
This is amazing. Thank you.

MSUBobcat
August 10th, 2023, 09:57 AM
Excellent work. Really highlights what a beast SDSU is going to be this year, especially on offense. 99.43% of passing, 97.36% of rushing, 99.81% of OL snaps!?!? xeekxxrotatehx I guess we can hope they regressed over the off-season...

FUBeAR
August 10th, 2023, 10:43 AM
Excellent work. Really highlights what a beast SDSU is going to be this year, especially on offense. 99.43% of passing, 97.36% of rushing, 99.81% of OL snaps!?!? xeekxxrotatehx I guess we can hope they regressed over the off-season...
FUBeAR is hoping the SDakSt SnowBunnies join the CFL before the FCS Season starts.

POD Knows
August 10th, 2023, 10:45 AM
Excellent work. Really highlights what a beast SDSU is going to be this year, especially on offense. 99.43% of passing, 97.36% of rushing, 99.81% of OL snaps!?!? xeekxxrotatehx I guess we can hope they regressed over the off-season...Baring injuries, they will be a once in a generation type of team. They only lost a couple on D as well.

MikeyLoBets
August 10th, 2023, 11:47 AM
Thanks all - appreciate the feedback and positive comments

uni88
August 10th, 2023, 05:12 PM
That had to have taken some effort and is awesome!

Keeper
August 11th, 2023, 01:16 AM
Very useful and expertly assembled, sir !

Where in the world did you happen to find the O-Line snaps? Just wow. xbowx

MikeyLoBets
August 11th, 2023, 11:39 AM

Thank you! I found the OL Snaps at PFF

lionsrking2
August 11th, 2023, 01:38 PM
Are you taking into account starters who missed last year but are back?

Redbird 4th & short
August 11th, 2023, 02:21 PM

this was a very nice improvement over another guys excel app ... his name escapes me at the moment. But lost track of him at some point .. maybe he never came back after pandemic. He had most of the same metrics, but did OL based only on Starts, not Reps

Great stuff !!!

edit: oh dang, just noticed your name ... it was you, Keeper .. right ?? Loved yours too, I donated a couple times. But OL reps is a nice improvement, as you already acknowledged.

MikeyLoBets
August 14th, 2023, 10:14 AM
this was a very nice improvement over another guys excel app ... his name escapes me at the moment. But lost track of him at some point .. maybe he never came back after pandemic. He had most of the same metrics, but did OL based only on Starts, not Reps

Great stuff !!!

edit: oh dang, just noticed your name ... it was you, Keeper .. right ?? Loved yours too, I donated a couple times. But OL reps is a nice improvement, as you already acknowledged.

Whoops - I had no idea. Wasn't trying to step on any toes, sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. It's all based on 2022 stats.

Redbird 4th & short
August 14th, 2023, 10:31 AM
Whoops - I had no idea. Wasn't trying to step on any toes, sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. It's all based on 2022 stats.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E628vlzUcAYS2Ah.jpg

WestCoastAggie
August 14th, 2023, 10:36 AM
Can we get one of these for the CAA and SoCon? #EastCoastBiasxdrunkyx

Puddin Tane
August 14th, 2023, 04:20 PM

skinny_uncle
August 18th, 2023, 07:33 PM

This is one issue. Then there is the impact of transfers.

uni88
August 18th, 2023, 10:51 PM
This is one issue. Then there is the impact of transfers.

Potential improvements, not issues.

It might not be perfect but it’s pretty damn cool.

RahRahRabbits
August 21st, 2023, 12:46 PM
Absolutely Awesome, Mr. LoBets! Fantastic work.