PDA

View Full Version : 2023 In-Person Game Schedule

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 9th, 2023, 09:31 AM
This is a traditional AGS thread that I am surprised hasn't been created yet. With that in mind....

Barring unforeseen circumstances (I bought K-State football and bball season tickets)
10/21 TCU at Kansas State
10/28 Houston at Kansas State
11/11 Baylor at Kansas State
11/25 Iowa State at Kansas State

Almost Certain
9/16 Cornell at Lehigh

Likely
9/23 Miami (FL) at Temple

So you're saying there's a chance...
9/9 Troy at Kansas State (might fly out to check on my place)
9/30 Clemson at Syracuse
11/18 Kansas State at Kansas or Lafayette at Lehigh (see how the week of Thanksgiving shakes out)

I really wish I could go to the Lehigh/Villanova scrap September 2nd but I'll be in D.C. that Friday night for a Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School game.

ST_Lawson
August 9th, 2023, 11:57 AM
9/9 - Illinois State at WIU
9/16 - Lindenwood at WIU
10/14 - Missouri State at WIU
10/28 - Southern Illinois at WIU
11/4 - WIU at Northern Iowa (not sure on this one yet...I want to since it'll be the last time we play at UNI as a member of the MVFC)
11/18 - South Dakota at WIU

All but one of my daughter's marching band competitions fall on the weekends of away games or our bye week, so I should be at all of WIU's home games this year. The one that is the same weekend as a home game is WIU's homecoming, and since I organize the Homecoming Alumni Band...I'm not really allowed to skip that one.

MSUBobcat
August 9th, 2023, 01:18 PM
Given our weak home schedule this season, we opted to not buy season tickets (will probably bite us in the a$$ next year with how quick they sold out this year - may not even be any available). We were able to jump on and get a couple tickets for:

9/2 - MSU vs Utah Tech for Gold Rush
11/11 - MSU vs EWU for Senior Day

We will attend any home playoff games, except if we play Round 1 Thanksgiving weekend, as we'll be in Costa Rica, but really hoping for a Top 8 seed.

Also contemplating the away game @Weber 9/23. Others are possible if they fall in our hands, which happens frequently from season ticket holders who can't make a game. We have tickets to Broncos (her team) vs. Vikings (my team) for Cat-Griz weekend, so for the first time in a long time, we won't be trying to shake down tickets to the Brawl.

KPSUL
August 9th, 2023, 01:55 PM
The five UNH home games (Dartmouth, Towson, Albany, Villanova, Maine) plus UNH @ Delaware, UNH @ Monmouth, and any 2nd round or later playoff game we are fortunate enough to play

Likely for the National Championship, regardless of the participants.

Also looking for another non-UNH game in New England during our bye week, Oct 7th. Thinking about Cornell @ Harvard , but anyone got a recommendation?

crusader11
August 9th, 2023, 02:43 PM
Also looking for another non-UNH game in New England during our bye week, Oct 7th. Thinking about Cornell @ Harvard , but anyone got a recommendation?

Fall afternoon in Hanover? Sign me up. Great town.

Playing Yale a great take, too.

Tribe4SF
August 9th, 2023, 02:56 PM
All Tribe games... home and away through the playoffs.

ST_Lawson
August 9th, 2023, 03:31 PM
We will attend any home playoff games

Oh...right...I'll be attending any home playoff games that WIU plays in also.

https://i.giphy.com/media/dC9DTdqPmRnlS/giphy.gif

FUBeAR
August 9th, 2023, 04:07 PM
Want to go to…

Sat 8/26 - Mercer vs. North Alabama (FCS Kickoff Classic in Montgomery, AL)
Thu 8/31 - Tennessee Tech @ Furman
Sat 9/2 - Mercer @ Ole Miss
Sat 9/9 - Furman @ South Carolina
Sat 9/16 - Furman @ Kennesaw (12 miles from FUBeAR’s compound)
Sat 9/24 - Mercer @ Furman

Front-Loaded enough??? 6 non-conflicting, interesting and/or fun games in a 4 week span.

Too much so…gonna catch the 1st one on ESPN (the main ESPN) … skeered of a Riverboat Fight breakin’ out there anyway. May host an ATL watch party with FUBeAR Jr (Mercer Alum / Former Player) & Friends.

Gonna skip FU’s opener also - turnaround for night game is just too icky - will re-subscribe to ESPN3 and catch it on the stream.

Just decided not to do The Grove in Oxford, MS. Little Miss FUBeAR attended there a couple of years, but she and new hubby decided to pass…along with FUBeAR Jr & spouse (also a Mercer Alum) passing. Long drive and hotels are about 10x normal rates on Football weekends. SEC Network+ is FUBeAR’s friend that Saturday.

Will attend the latter 3 above though.

Will figure out the rest with a Furman or Mercer game almost every weekend until the end of the season + Playoffs…and, of course…

…Will definitely attend the rematch of the Mercer @ Furman 9/24 game on 1/6/24 in Frisco

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 10th, 2023, 12:56 PM
All UNH games home and away except at Central Michigan. Playoff games should we be lucky enough to participate will depend on the site of the game.

Also, attending Boston College at Army during the UNH bye week. Haven't checked the composite schedule to see what games are feasible on 9/9 when UNH plays at CMU.

I attend most UNH games, but Tribe4SF is amazing with his perfect attendance year after year!!!! Kudos!!!!!!

MSUBobcat
August 11th, 2023, 02:17 PM
All Tribe games... home and away through the playoffs.

That is.... f*^#ing amazing. Especially getting to Chuck South and UAlbany. xbowx

Jiggs
August 11th, 2023, 04:42 PM
8/31 Samford vs Shorter
9/9 Samford @ Western Carolina
9/16 Samford @ Auburn
9/23 Samford vs Chattanooga
9/30 Samford vs ETSU
10/14 Samford vs Furman
10/28 Samford vs The Citadel

MUHAWKS
August 11th, 2023, 05:02 PM
Every Monmouth home game plus road games at Towson on 9/9, Lafayette 9/23, Albany 11/18 and have to chose either Elon 10/21 or W&M 10/28 to attend, way too much to drive to each in consecutive weeks and I do not miss work and I am scared to fly. Anyone here with thoughts on which one to go to (actual game aside) would appreciate comments. Not attending opener @ FAU b/c as above do not fly and it will be nice to watch us on ESPN + again after seeing the awful BS FLO all last year when I had to.

Also going to Columbia @Princeton Friday 9/29 night game and Marist @ Columbia 10/7 (MU BYE) as the new HC is a close friend.

Tribe4SF
August 11th, 2023, 05:23 PM
That is.... f*^#ing amazing. Especially getting to Chuck South and UAlbany. xbowx

Thanks! 7-hour drive to Chuck South and flight to Albany.

You said you'd be in Costa Rica for the first round. I was there last year the week of the Quarterfinal. Left early flying to Bozeman through Houston and Denver. Left Costa Rica at 1:00AM Friday (temperature 80) and landed in Bozeman at 1:00 PM Friday (temperature 18). Rental car was frozen shut. Interesting packing for Playa Hermosa and Bozeman!

Catbooster
August 16th, 2023, 12:53 PM
All of the Bobcat home games, including playoff home games, if any.

Probably 1 road game. Weber is most likely since it's the closest (375 miles) this season other than Missoula (those tickets are tough to get).

If MSU is fortunate enough to make it to Frisco, we'll probably be there (only added this for completeness - way too much could happen between now and then).

lionsrking2
August 16th, 2023, 01:13 PM
All of them

Reign of Terrier
August 16th, 2023, 03:13 PM
5 years ago I'd say all Wofford home games and a handful of away games I could drive to.

Now, it's just one game, against W&M in Williamsburg on September 9th

KPSUL
August 16th, 2023, 03:23 PM
Fall afternoon in Hanover? Sign me up. Great town.

Playing Yale a great take, too.

I was hoping your Harvard game @ Polar Park was that weekend, but Yale @ Dartmouth is a good alternative. But I'll likely go to Harvard as a recon for the UNH game there in 2024.

KPSUL
August 16th, 2023, 03:40 PM
Every Monmouth home game plus road games at Towson on 9/9, Lafayette 9/23, Albany 11/18 and have to chose either Elon 10/21 or W&M 10/28 to attend, way too much to drive to each in consecutive weeks and I do not miss work and I am scared to fly. Anyone here with thoughts on which one to go to (actual game aside) would appreciate comments. Not attending opener @ FAU b/c as above do not fly and it will be nice to watch us on ESPN + again after seeing the awful BS FLO all last year when I had to.

Also going to Columbia @Princeton Friday 9/29 night game and Marist @ Columbia 10/7 (MU BYE) as the new HC is a close friend.

They are both great places to attend a game, I've been to both three times for UNH games. Parking can be a challenge at W&M, Elon was also 9 years ago before they built an indoor athletic facility with a huge parking lot right across the street from Rhodes Stadium. If you are into traditional looking college towns, Williamsburg is pretty much as good as it gets. Both campuses are real nice. As are the stadiums- classic looking brick structures, although the visitor side at Zable has a huge void with no seats, between the 40 yard lines. (Probably why Virginia's premier School of Architecture is located at UVA)

But....If you want to see Monmouth win, you might have a better chance driving a bit farther to Elon... just my opinion!

MSUBobcat
August 16th, 2023, 04:26 PM
Thanks! 7-hour drive to Chuck South and flight to Albany.

You said you'd be in Costa Rica for the first round. I was there last year the week of the Quarterfinal. Left early flying to Bozeman through Houston and Denver. Left Costa Rica at 1:00AM Friday (temperature 80) and landed in Bozeman at 1:00 PM Friday (temperature 18). Rental car was frozen shut. Interesting packing for Playa Hermosa and Bozeman!

That's a crazy coincidence! We're going to Coco, barely a stone's throw away. My buddy from Bozeman bought a place down there in 2008 after we visited a neighbor. This will be my 3rd time down, first since Jan. 2018. Finally getting over to the Caribbean side this trip. They'll drop me and the lady off in San Jose and we'll fly out from there, and him and another buddy will go back to Coco, as he goes down for much of the winter (not sure how his wife doesn't cut off his balls, but it works for them!).

Tribe4SF
August 17th, 2023, 03:09 AM
That's a crazy coincidence! We're going to Coco, barely a stone's throw away. My buddy from Bozeman bought a place down there in 2008 after we visited a neighbor. This will be my 3rd time down, first since Jan. 2018. Finally getting over to the Caribbean side this trip. They'll drop me and the lady off in San Jose and we'll fly out from there, and him and another buddy will go back to Coco, as he goes down for much of the winter (not sure how his wife doesn't cut off his balls, but it works for them!).

Pura Vida! Can't wait to get back!

caribbeanhen
August 17th, 2023, 05:49 AM
5 years ago I'd say all Wofford home games and a handful of away games I could drive to.

Now, it's just one game, against W&M in Williamsburg on September 9th

and you will certainly get a taste of the old Colonial in The Burg….. Shorty’s for breakfast…. Old charm Diner

MSUBobcat
August 17th, 2023, 12:45 PM
Pura Vida! Can't wait to get back!

It's a great place. My first time there, there was a PricewaterhouseCoopers (Big 4 accounting firm, I'm a CPA) on the walk to the beach. I said I wasn't going to come back to the US. Sadly.... there was never anyone at the office to talk to about getting a job.

Buddy says it's getting too "Americanized" and I've noticed it's much more expensive for property (He bought a 2BR, 2 BA condo with a pool for each pod of condos in a "gated" community for $100k) so I'm looking for the next up-and-comer. I was thinking Ecuador but the assassination of the prez-candidate gives me pause. He's gonna check it out around Christmas.

CHIP72
August 21st, 2023, 04:31 PM
This is a traditional AGS thread that I am surprised hasn't been created yet.

I've been focused on other things (tennis in particular sports-wise), in part because I'll be attending relatively few college football games this season. :(

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 21st, 2023, 04:53 PM
The flight is booked so I can officially add Troy at Kansas State on 9/9 as a game I will attend.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been focused on other things (tennis in particular sports-wise), in part because I'll be attending relatively few college football games this season. :(

I understand! Life has me limiting my schedule as well!

CHIP72
August 21st, 2023, 05:03 PM
My planned, in-person 2023 college football schedule (all times Eastern):

DEFINITE/LIKELY GAMES
09/09 (Sat): Temple at Rutgers, 7:30 PM
09/16 (Sat): Georgia Southern at Wisconsin, 12:00 PM
10/28 (Sat): Lafayette at Georgetown, 12:30 PM

ONE (POSSIBLY TWO) OF THE FOLLOWING GAMES
09/23 (Sat): Miami (FL) at Temple, time TBA
10/07 (Sat): Texas-San Antonio at Temple, time TBA
10/20 (Fri): Southern Methodist at Temple, 7:00 PM
11/11 (Sat): Temple at South Florida, time TBA
11/25 (Sat): Memphis at Temple, time TBA

Miami/Temple is the most likely game, especially if I visit family at Thanksgiving. (If I visit the weekend before Thanksgiving, Memphis/Temple becomes a stronger possibility.) The college basketball schedule for various teams I follow will probably dictate the weekend of the visit. UTSA/Temple is a possibility if the Orioles and/or Phillies DON'T host LDS games that day (Orioles good chance to host game, Phillies very slim chance to host game). I'd like to do the Tampa trip (would probably also attend a Hurricanes/Lightning NHL game and Titans/Buccaneers NFL game if I go), but I've almost definitely ruled it out.

OTHER POSSIBLE GAMES
11/04 (Sat): Navy at Temple, time TBA (strong possibility if game starts at 3:30/4 PM ET, shortly after Suns/76ers NBA game at 1 PM ends)
11/04 (Sat): East Stroudsburg at Shepherd, 12:00 PM (unlikely, will probably attend Suns/76ers NBA game instead)
11/18 (Sat): Lafayette at Lehigh, 12:00 PM (strong possibility if I visit the family this weekend rather than during Thanksgiving)
11/18 (Sat): Villanova at Delaware, 1:00 PM (unlikely but possible if I don't visit the family this weekend)

In addition to games listed above, select DI-AA/FCS and/or D2 playoff games involving teams I follow that take place near the DC area (on 11/18, 11/25, or 12/9) are also possibilities.

Finally, I plan to attend two Philadelphia Eagles games NFL games for sure this fall (10/29 at Washington, 12/31 vs Arizona) and I could add a third game (12/17 at Seattle) depending on how the Eagles' and other various teams' seasons play themselves out.

I'm not thrilled about it, but I probably won't see Lehigh (or for that matter Penn or Villanova) in person this year - their schedule(s) just doesn't work out for me.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 09:54 PM
First live game of the year, Troy at #15 Kansas State. Barring any unexpected surprises, I'll be at the Cornell vs Lehigh game in Bethlehem next weekend!

https://scontent.fmci2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/375452095_7037428619622842_755955510491668207_n.jp g?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5614bc&_nc_ohc=9Se9rh2hqAIAX8EQWtP&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci2-1.fna&oh=00_AfDmTK0ArDX8YyukZvg-otnmBKqsypKpZsqUm8mJ0K9INg&oe=65015484

CHIP72
September 9th, 2023, 11:06 PM
Here was my view for the Temple/Rutgers game. The Scarlet Knights won 36-7, though the score was 13-7 early in the 4th quarter.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230910/71c3a4dbc6f47a56108e5e539833dfb9.jpg

I had to leave early in the 4th to ensure I could get the bus shuttle from the stadium to the New Brunswick train station (which didn’t actually didn’t go all the way to the train station for some reason; I had walk the final 2/3 or so of a mile), to ensure I could catch the NJ Transit SB train to Trenton, to ensure I could catch the Amtrak SB train to Washington (which I just got on).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2023, 11:21 PM
Here was my view for the Temple/Rutgers game. The Scarlet Knights won 36-7, though the score was 13-7 early in the 4th quarter.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230910/71c3a4dbc6f47a56108e5e539833dfb9.jpg

I had to leave early in the 4th to ensure I could get the bus shuttle from the stadium to the New Brunswick train station (which didn’t actually didn’t go all the way to the train station for some reason; I had walk the final 2/3 or so of a mile), to ensure I could catch the NJ Transit SB train to Trenton, to ensure I could catch the Amtrak SB train to Washington (which I just got on).

I kept track of the game on my phone! Terrible second half by the Owls and really a demoralizing loss to The State University of New Jersey. I really thought Temple had a shot to win! Warner/the offense is a mess right now. Not sure if it's a lack of talent around him or the staff stunting his development.

BTW, the chain link is so low class! Perfect though, for the Scarlet Knights! The Bill is Beautiful! https://scontent.fmci2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/376740061_7037429882956049_678735088472152112_n.jp g?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5614bc&_nc_ohc=W8zYsSXc_hoAX_07Lqi&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci2-1.fna&oh=00_AfAZIwzR0CkLX6nD7XqEFSHcXjcYWxiouHoC4xcf34uh Kw&oe=65020FA0

CHIP72
September 19th, 2023, 11:10 AM
Here was my view for Wisconsin’s 35-14 win over Georgia Southern:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230919/f1efff638ed8c87809881b70588d1455.jpg

(This photo was taken shortly after kickoff; most of the student section on the left eventually filled up.)

Similar to the Rutgers/Temple game a week earlier, the score was deceptive in this game. Georgia Southern outgained Wisconsin by about a 2-1 margin in the 1st half and had more yardage than the hosts for the game, but turnovers (GSU had 6, including 5 INTs; UW had 0) prevented the Eagles from leading at halftime and eventually allowed the Badgers to gain and retain control of the game starting in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

CHIP72
November 9th, 2023, 09:16 AM
It’s a little late, but here was my view for Lafayette’s 35-25 victory over host Georgetown:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231109/5990332403e7b444ca642a545a868fe0.jpg

The crowd breakdown was roughly 50/50 at this game.

Pards Rule
November 9th, 2023, 09:51 AM
It’s a little late, but here was my view for Lafayette’s 35-25 victory over host Georgetown:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231109/5990332403e7b444ca642a545a868fe0.jpg

The crowd breakdown was roughly 50/50 at this game.

I was at far visitors end with the Schaeffer bunch. Anyways will be at Lehigh. I just realized a few days ago...all my games this stunning second Troxell season have been or will be on road...Duke, Princeton, Georgetown, Lehigh. Hopefully the leopard and I will be 4-0. I an debating Fordham but prob not. BUT could I attend a HOME playoff game? There you fricking go!! GO PARDS!

kdinva
November 9th, 2023, 09:52 AM
Me: Wofford (win)...........UTC (shudda won)........WCU (fingers crossed)

Pards Rule
November 9th, 2023, 09:54 AM
All UNH games home and away except at Central Michigan. Playoff games should we be lucky enough to participate will depend on the site of the game.

Also, attending Boston College at Army during the UNH bye week. Haven't checked the composite schedule to see what games are feasible on 9/9 when UNH plays at CMU.

I attend most UNH games, but Tribe4SF is amazing with his perfect attendance year after year!!!! Kudos!!!!!!

Would you come back to Easton for playoff? Hey if we are in Durham Im going! We have much better team than 2013 - 10 years ago already! Should I book the Microtel in Dover lol

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 12th, 2023, 01:20 PM
Would you come back to Easton for playoff? Hey if we are in Durham Im going! We have much better team than 2013 - 10 years ago already! Should I book the Microtel in Dover lol

Sorry, I'm just seeing this. Alas, there will be no playoffs for my Wildcats, but yes I would have gone to Easton or Durham.

CHIP72
November 18th, 2023, 09:53 PM
Here was my view for the 159th edition of the most played rivalry in college football; Lafayette topped host Lehigh 49-21:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231119/581ad6cc9560f68985395b9566c9de3c.jpg

CHIP72
November 27th, 2023, 03:32 PM
Here was my view for what will probably be my final game of the 2023 season, Memphis’ 45-21 win over host Temple in front of an intimate crowd in Philadelphia:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231127/e518b84f228c28ba083f2547cfee553a.jpg