PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Phil Steele Pre-season A-A teams, Conf. teams

kdinva
July 28th, 2023, 01:25 PM
https://philsteele.com/2023-phil-steele-draftscout-fcs-preseason-all-american-teams/

clenz
July 28th, 2023, 01:58 PM
Explain how Theo Day gets 4th team All-American but 2nd team all-conference when the 1st team all-conference guy doesn't make any All-American team.

Also if SDSU doesn't win every single game 45-3 it has to be a let down even if they win the title. 8 first team all conference players on offense, 6 on defense. Something like 15 total on the all american teams.

They should make the best of the best NDSU teams look like a JV team, right?

caribbeanhen
July 28th, 2023, 02:49 PM
Thank you Kindly Kdinva for putting this up!

POD Knows
July 28th, 2023, 03:01 PM
Explain how Theo Day gets 4th team All-American but 2nd team all-conference when the 1st team all-conference guy doesn't make any All-American team.

Also if SDSU doesn't win every single game 45-3 it has to be a let down even if they win the title. 8 first team all conference players on offense, 6 on defense. Something like 15 total on the all american teams.

They should make the best of the best NDSU teams look like a JV team, right?Yea, I looked at all of the SDSU guys on these teams and thought WTF but then looking at it again and knowing who these guys are I didn't really have an issue with any of them. I thought the SDSU team last years was a "generational" type team but this year's team might be better. Football is weird though, we will see.

MSUBobcat
July 28th, 2023, 03:52 PM
Touchdown Tommy is first team Big Sky QB, but 2nd team All American AP on special teams??? I get that he's a bit of a running QB, but that IS his position. He lined up at not-QB for a handful of plays last year when they brought in Chambers under center to add a wrinkle to the formation.

uni88
July 28th, 2023, 06:32 PM

They should make the best of the best NDSU teams look like a JV team, right?

I counted 2 SDSU players on the 1st team defense with 4 more on the 2nd team and another on the 3rd team. The also have 2 players on the 3rd team offense so 17 of their 22 starters made Steele's preseason all conference. Plus their Punter was 3rd team and PK was 4th team.