PDA

View Full Version : GAME THREAD: Delaware Blue Hens at UNI Panthers

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Engy0
November 30th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I don't have a problem with anything that has been said from any of the Deleware fans (just kidding i know there is supposed to be an A) and I just sit back and laugh because it doesn't matter if it was a pee wee football game each teams fans are going to believe in them and in the spirit of football everyone should just realize it isn't exactly the end of the world if someone is bashing your team especially when it is your opponent in the second round of the playoffs. Many people are much different people outside of the forum and you never know you could meet a very nice UD fan at the game and it could turn out to be someone who was talking trash on here.

89Hen
November 30th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Never before have I witnessed such rude and obnoxious fans than the Delaware fans have been so far this week. Until this week my least favorite fans were Montana fans, but Delaware fans take the cake and by a large margin have taken the lead.

I rarely post on any board. Ussually I read and am amused and occasionally educated from the back and forth threads. Having read the threads on AGS and Panther Nation I am amazed at the lack of class UD fans have shown. Both teams are good and either may win depending on the day. Last week and during the year I always look forward to meeting fans of the opposing teams. This week is the exception. UD fans will be treated well by UNI and midwestern fans because that is our nature, but in the rare case you are not you have only yourselves to blame for the poor treatment. UNH fans were polite, well spoken and educated football fans and were treated as such. UD fans appear to be much different. Never have I wanted the UNI football team to beat another as I do this week. My hope is some of the posts from the threads make it to the players locker to serve as inspiration.
Very rude and obnoxious indeed....

Should be another shootout - UD's going to score a lot, UNI should as well. Will certainly be a fun one!!!

The game: Should be an awesome one. I don't think it is as easy as saying, UNI beat UNH, UNH beat UD therefore UNI will win easily. Delaware was on the road and was a different team in week 6, just like UNI will be different in Round 2 than Round 1. Flacco will finally not be throwing against 20-30 MPH wins for the first time in a month or more. The dome will be loud, fortunately Delaware signals the play and any audible from the sideline, so there won't be an issue with that. Perhaps a false start here and there but you'd expect that on the road. UD can be streaky, scoring 5,6,7,8+ straight possessions on offense. Their defense is suspect but fortunately their two good D-Ends will both be healthy and play. It is just a matter of making the plays...UNI did not play its best football against UNH, you are 13-0 for a reason. I am looking forward to making the trip out to the DOME.

I hear ya, Chi, but I wouldn't worry about anyone on UD returning a kickoff or a punt for a TD. It just ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Good luck and enjoy the game. Should be a lot of offense unless the UD team that played against Villanova shows up.

Just wanted to congatulate UNI on a thrilling win and UNH for a heck of a game in a very hostile environment. Hopefully, Delaware will bring its "A" game and give UNI a good battle.

Very different circumstances, true. However, there was no blizzard during the game and the field was completely clear. Also, while the Hens don't have a replacement for Johnson, we didn't have anything close to Flacco and Cuff in 2003.

Should be a fun game. Still trying to figure out how to get to Cedar Falls. xrotatehx

Congrats to UNI. The closeness of the game shows the strength of the CAA this year. Appy and UNI got pushed to the limit on their games with the 4th and 5th teams out of the CAA in the playoffs, but like good teams they found a way to win..

Looking forward to a great game on Saturday, hope a local TV station picks it up.

Yep. This game is likely to be a fourty something to fourty something game. xnodx

Should be a great one - I don't think either defense is going to shine this week. Haven't seen Flacco and Cuff play in perfect conditions in some time, what with the cold and blustery winds of the past month. I'm assuming the weather should be fine inside the dome??? :p

Would not surprise me a bit to see us pass to set up the run. We've done it before, and Flacco can make it work. As stout as your D has been against the run, I'd be a little surprised to see us tee it up and keep coming straight at you from the whistle. If our OC thinks he can beat you consistently at the LOS, he'll do it, but I think that's pretty unlikely. Over the season, we've just been under 50-50 in run-pass (504-400) but that's misleading, as we went totally to the run pretty early in games that we had well in hand.

I think most Hen fans are 50-50 on this game - The New Hampshire result gives us hope
We know that if we bring our A game, we feel that we can take a shootout
(remember Navy)
if not, we know our season will be over, our D has dissapointed us this year and yes injuries have played a role, but having said that, we know they do have some playmakers (#4, #11, #9, and we need #99 to show up big time) this group is very capable of making big plays, and they will need too if we think were going to win
Flacco and Cuff - they give us alot of hope, you'll be hard pressed to down both of them
Dropped balls - yes, weve had too many - Flacco doesnt care about breaking receviers fingers,
will be very interesting to see Flacco in the Barndome - I jsut hope he's under control and keeps the ball down (he's a very calm, cool and collected type though)
prediction Delaware 49 - UNI 45
What a bunch of a-holes at UD. xcoffeex

89 Panther
November 30th, 2007, 09:04 AM
No crying just an statement of opinion Blue Hen Nation and UDBlueLotFan. You both have assisted in making my point.

By the way if you want to talk smack there is a board for that, but I am sure either of you are probably challenged to just be able to turn on your computer. Go get ready for your pizza delivery jobs!

UDBlueLotFan
November 30th, 2007, 09:04 AM
I don't have a problem with anything that has been said from any of the Deleware fans (just kidding i know there is supposed to be an A) and I just sit back and laugh because it doesn't matter if it was a pee wee football game each teams fans are going to believe in them and in the spirit of football everyone should just realize it isn't exactly the end of the world if someone is bashing your team especially when it is your opponent in the second round of the playoffs. Many people are much different people outside of the forum and you never know you could meet a very nice UD fan at the game and it could turn out to be someone who was talking trash on here.

Exactly...Cheers. The first one is on me xthumbsupx

89Hen
November 30th, 2007, 09:06 AM
By the way if you want to talk smack there is a board for that, but I am sure either of you are probably challenged to just be able to turn on your computer. Go get ready for your pizza delivery jobs!
xcoffeex

UDBlueLotFan
November 30th, 2007, 09:13 AM
No crying just an statement of opinion Blue Hen Nation and UDBlueLotFan. You both have assisted in making my point.

Sorry slick, I fly jets for a living. I'll try and make sure my FA doesn't drop our lav waste over your house the next time I'm on my way to ORD(O'Hare)...sorry, I know that was bad taste xcoolx Here, if this makes you feel better..xsmoochx

ChickenMan
November 30th, 2007, 09:16 AM

you are taking this stuff waaay too seriously... xarguex

UNIFanSince1983
November 30th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Well Navy actually gave up 40+ points seven times this year. They infact gave up 62 to North Texas. And North Texas only has 2 wins.

My point was not to say we would have dominated with their schedule. We play FCS for a reason and not FBS. You guys just make it sound like it was such a great victory and you torched a great defense.

Either way beating Navy is impressive. They are a bowl team this year and that is impressive. I mean our FBS win was against Iowa State who only won 3 games. So you can't really compare stuff like this.

I have felt the entire time that because of the spread option attack that UNH ran I think it gave us some trouble. It was not an offense we get to see week in and week out. So they scored more points. If you guys run the same type of offense then yes you guys can score a ton of points on us. Either way tomorrow is the big day and I can't wait until 1pm. GO PANTHERS!

Blue Hen Nation
November 30th, 2007, 09:32 AM

If we're talking careers, let me know when you want to compare income. I'm fairly certain I'll win.

Rob Iola
November 30th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Either way tomorrow is the big day and I can't wait until 1pm. GO PANTHERS!

I'm with you 100%, well at least the "I can't wait until 1pm" part (although sadly I have to wait until 2pm). For all the talk I think the biggest question everyone's waiting to have answered (other than who wins) is if there's any discernable difference between the Gateway and CAA - UNI/UD and SIU/UMass should answer that, for this year at least...

UDBlueLotFan
November 30th, 2007, 09:43 AM
I'm with you 100%, well at least the "I can't wait until 1pm" part (although sadly I have to wait until 2pm). For all the talk I think the biggest question everyone's waiting to have answered (other than who wins) is if there's any discernable difference between the Gateway and CAA - UNI/UD and SIU/UMass should answer that, for this year at least...

Who will be eating crow come Sat.night? xpopcornx UNI, do you like your crow baked or fried? xdohx xnodx xnodx

Engy0
November 30th, 2007, 09:43 AM
If we're talking careers, let me know when you want to compare income. I'm fairly certain I'll win.

Hey now thats not fair it is approx. 25 - 30% more expensive to live in Delaware so that means that your thinking maybe flawed xsmiley_wix

Blue Hen Nation
November 30th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Back to football xthumbsupx :)

Engy0
November 30th, 2007, 09:50 AM
God is it illegal to have fun on these boards anymore? :(

GannonFan
November 30th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Never before have I witnessed such rude and obnoxious fans than the Delaware fans have been so far this week. Until this week my least favorite fans were Montana fans, but Delaware fans take the cake and by a large margin have taken the lead.

I rarely post on any board. Ussually I read and am amused and occasionally educated from the back and forth threads. Having read the threads on AGS and Panther Nation I am amazed at the lack of class UD fans have shown. Both teams are good and either may win depending on the day. Last week and during the year I always look forward to meeting fans of the opposing teams. This week is the exception. UD fans will be treated well by UNI and midwestern fans because that is our nature, but in the rare case you are not you have only yourselves to blame for the poor treatment. UNH fans were polite, well spoken and educated football fans and were treated as such. UD fans appear to be much different. Never have I wanted the UNI football team to beat another as I do this week. My hope is some of the posts from the threads make it to the players locker to serve as inspiration.

xcoffeex

Please, that couldn't be any more of a joke. The smack board is that, smack, and on these boards UD fans have been nothing but nice. So we think we're going to win (and most think it will be a really tight game) - how is that anywhere impolite, poorly spoken, and uneducated as you make us out to be? If you're going to complain, come with something worthy of complaining about.

DeW
November 30th, 2007, 10:48 AM
For those planning on attending the game...

The game is sold out and will go on regardless of the weather conditions. Calls have been coming in about the chance the game will be cancelled, however both teams are in town and the game will go on inside the climate-controlled UNI-Dome as scheduled. UNI-Dome doors open at 11:30 a.m. and fans are being encouraged to arrive early and drive carefully to the game.

pantheralum16
November 30th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Snow in the north up to 6 inches, but if you're coming up from the south, leave early. They are expecting a quick turnaround into ice early, and I was just briefly reminded during my lunch hour that it is deer season. As far as I remember deer and snowy roads don't mix too well....

Travel safe everyone!

Rob Iola
November 30th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Snow in the north up to 6 inches, but if you're coming up from the south, leave early. They are expecting a quick turnaround into ice early, and I was just briefly reminded during my lunch hour that it is Panther season. As far as I remember Panthers and Killer Chickens don't mix too well....

Travel safe everyone!

Wow! Yeah - that's a pretty gruesome forecast. Weather.com for Cedar Falls for Saturday afternoon (http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/hourbyhour/USIA0137?begHour=12&begDay=335)

Oh, and fixed it for you...

FightinBluHen51
November 30th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Wow! Yeah - that's a pretty gruesome forecast. Weather.com for Cedar Falls for Saturday afternoon (http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/hourbyhour/USIA0137?begHour=12&begDay=335)

oogly.

LacesOut
November 30th, 2007, 01:10 PM
NO turnovers, UNI. NO TURNOVERS!!!!!!!

Accomplish this task, and you just may win the game.

Good luck to both teams.

89Hen
November 30th, 2007, 01:34 PM

"feels like 10" at 1pm is not good. xeekx

UDBlueLotFan
November 30th, 2007, 02:55 PM
oogly.

That god we're playing in a dome xsmiley_wix Who said a dome was a bad idea? xoopsx

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2007, 02:59 PM
That god we're playing in a dome xsmiley_wix Who said a dome was a bad idea? xoopsx

Cmon ru kidding? Who wouldn't wanna play on a snow covered field? That's what December football is all about. They should ban domes.

UDBlueLotFan
November 30th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Cmon ru kidding? Who wouldn't wanna play on a snow covered field? That's what December football is all about. They should ban domes.

Just kidding!! Hence the xsmiley_wix . Did you look at that forecast though? Not snow, but freezing rain xsmhx Passing game would suck and footing wouldn't be any better. The game would probably be played between the 40 yrd lines all game xeekx

pantheralum16
November 30th, 2007, 03:12 PM

No, I don't suppose panthers and killer chickens mix too wellxlolx But I would put my money on a panther anyday, especially when they are hungry for thier first NCxthumbsupx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 30th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Just kidding!! Hence the xsmiley_wix . Did you look at that forecast though? Not snow, but freezing rain xsmhx Passing game would suck and footing wouldn't be any better. The game would probably be played between the 40 yrd lines all game xeekx

A game this big should not be played under crappy conditions.
Not a big fan of domes but in this case.....
I'm sure thats why they have a dome.

That said a bad field would favor UNI IMO.

FightinBluHen51
November 30th, 2007, 03:32 PM
A game this big should not be played under crappy conditions.
Not a big fan of domes but in this case.....
I'm sure thats why they have a dome.

That said a bad field would favor UNI IMO.
Bad fields are equalizers and always favor the visitor...just ask the Dolphins!

Barnstormer
November 30th, 2007, 04:02 PM
The END IS NEAR!!!! :)

Ronin
November 30th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Bad fields are equalizers and always favor the visitor...just ask the Dolphins!

Bad fields tend to favor the larger team and nullifies quickness.

Rob Iola
November 30th, 2007, 04:34 PM
So is there a good chance that by this time tomorrow, factoring in actual game updates, that not only will this thread be the biggest in AGS history (posts AND views), but that it might actually take down the AGS site and possibly the rest of the internet with it?

UDBlueLotFan
November 30th, 2007, 04:35 PM
The END IS NEAR!!!! :)

Iowa, the brown-eye, xeyebrowx ...I mean the pink-eye of America xlolx xlolx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 30th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Bad fields bring teams closer together. The undgerdog is helped by a bad field. You see more upsets in bad weather.

Polloloco
November 30th, 2007, 05:08 PM
;) Panthers... nuthin' but respect from this Southern hen. Way I see it my Hens have to play a purrrfect game to handle your panthers while your balance and homefield advantage might just allow you to play slightly better than last week and still pull out a victory. I think you knocked the rust off last week against UNH not so sure our athletic DE's can deal with your farm raised sides of beef up front for afull 60 minutes... but thats why we play the game. Thinkin' my Hens will find a way though. Hens 34-Pussycats 31

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2007, 05:18 PM
KEELER MENTIONED ON DUH RADIO.......DAT DUH GATEWAY.....IS UH RUN ORIENTED CONFERENCE.....AN' DAT NORFFERN IOWA'S TEAM IS BUILT TA STOP DUH PIGGY OVERAH..LAND......DIS MAY STYMIE....OMAR.....BUT PLAY INTA OURAH AIR GAME.....IFIN' FLACCO CAN CONTROL DUH FASTBALL...........OH YEAH......AN' OURAH D.......WILL NEED SOME GOOD LUCK.........AN'......UH LOTTAH MO' LUCK!............BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Bad fields bring teams closer together. The undgerdog is helped by a bad field. You see more upsets in bad weather

CHA-CHING!...............HENCE RHODEY'S.........HIGHLY UNLIKELY W...OVERAH DUH PILGRIMS....IN DUH NOR'EASTER.....UMMM-HUMMMxnodx

Polloloco
November 30th, 2007, 05:40 PM
"KEELER MENTIONED ON DUH RADIO.......DAT DUH GATEWAY.....IS UH RUN ORIENTED CONFERENCE.....AN' DAT NORFFERN IOWA'S TEAM IS BUILT TA STOP DUH PIGGY OVERAH..LAND......DIS MAY STYMIE....OMAR.....BUT PLAY INTA OURAH AIR GAME.....IFIN' FLACCO CAN CONTROL DUH FASTBALL...........OH YEAH......AN' OURAH D.......WILL NEED SOME GOOD LUCK.........AN'......UH LOTTAH MO' LUCK!............BRAWK!"

Boy, I SAAAY BOOOY, you hit the nail right on the head. I'm a bit concerned by these numbers however: UNI: + 13; Delaware +7. THAT THERE is a BIG difference in Turnovers.xeekx xeekx xeekx

UDBlueLotFan
November 30th, 2007, 05:58 PM
;) Panthers... nuthin' but respect from this Southern hen. Way I see it my Hens have to play a purrrfect game to handle your panthers while your balance and homefield advantage might just allow you to play slightly better than last week and still pull out a victory. I think you knocked the rust off last week against UNH not so sure our athletic DE's can deal with your farm raised sides of beef up front for afull 60 minutes... but thats why we play the game. Thinkin' my Hens will find a way though. Hens 34-Pussycats 31

I sure Talley saw more athletic 300+ OT's while at NDxwhistlex

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2007, 06:07 PM
KEELER...ALSO MENTIONED........FOOTBALL GAMES USUALLY LAST 2:45 OR SO....IN DUH GATEWAY CONFERENCE.......DUE TA RUN FIRST........HE LIKENS NEW HAMPSHIRES........HANGIN' WHIFF NORFFERN IOWA....DUE TO DUH 'CATS CHUCKIN' DUH BLADDERAH...AN' EXTENDIN' DUH PLAYIN' TIME...TA LIKE...3:15.......DUH PANTHERS D LADS WERE GASSED.......ALLOWIN' SANTOS TA GO AHEAD.........BUT DEN SANDERS.......GOT 'NOTHERAH CHANCE.....:(.....AWK!

Polloloco
November 30th, 2007, 06:18 PM
One thing you gots to know about Mr. Keeler is sometimes he can't separate the chicken s*** from the chicken salad. He means well and might just be gettin the farm boys to think 'bout some things, but 2:45 minutes of run stoppin,snot knockin' elapsed time is just as intense IF NOT MORE INTENSE as 3:15 minutes ( filled with 30 minutes of standin around with you hands on your hips) of run pass, pass run. ;)

Henwatcher
November 30th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I'd feel more confident if this game were being played outdoors in a real football stadium like football is meant to be played. However it isn't, so the Fightin' Blue Hens will just have to get it done indoors.

crunifan
November 30th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Yes,outdoors like a real stadium

Tomorrow's forcast calls for freezing rain, sleet, and then several inches of snow. With the temperature feeling like 10 degrees.

I don't know about you, but I think it sounds like a blast to sit in that for three hours!

Who would want to sit in a dome with 72 degree weather and no wind. Craziness...

Polloloco
November 30th, 2007, 07:06 PM
My Hens already handled the Princeton Tigers tonight in volleyball ( 3-1 advance to finals against St Johns tomorrow)... bring on those big bad UNI poottycats that you call the Panthers. Here Pooty, :D :D :D

93BlueHen
November 30th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Yes,outdoors like a real stadium

Tomorrow's forcast calls for freezing rain, sleet, and then several inches of snow. With the temperature feeling like 10 degrees.

I don't know about you, but I think it sounds like a blast to sit in that for three hours!

Who would want to sit in a dome with 72 degree weather and no wind. Craziness...

Better go 11-0 every year then because we know how you play outdoors in those conditions! 37-7.

bcrawf
November 30th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Did you notice in 05 we went to UNH in the freezing cold and won??

RadMann
November 30th, 2007, 08:38 PM
If I'm not mistaken the last time the Hens played indoors was one of the Boardwalk Bowls in Atlantic City long ago (late 60's??).

blukeys
November 30th, 2007, 11:07 PM
If I'm not mistaken the last time the Hens played indoors was one of the Boardwalk Bowls in Atlantic City long ago (late 60's??).

Last indoor Hen game. 1973 Atlantic City.

RadMann
December 1st, 2007, 06:10 AM
Pre-Game Articles/Info on Today's Game:

Northern Iowa looks to keep playoff push going against Delaware (Fox 42 - Iowa):
http://www.kptm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7431675&nav=menu606_4

Panther football: UNI will try to trip touchdown king (DEs Moines Register):
http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071201/SPORTS020702/712010349/1003/SPORTS

UD seniors hoping to survive a little longer (Opinion Piece - Wilmington News Journal):
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071201/SPORTS12/712010387/1002/SPORTS

UD gets peek at daunting dome (Wilmington News Journal):
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071201/SPORTS/712010377/1002/SPORTS

No ice, plenty of noise (Wilmington News Journal):
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071201/NEWS/712010349/1006/NEWS

UNI enters round two of football playoffs against Delaware (Radio Iowa):
http://www.radioiowa.com/gestalt/go.cfm?objectid=9246EBD8-D1E4-D7DE-5D774AF231426262

FCS playoffs: Allen former teammate of Delaware stars (WCF Courier):
http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2007/11/29/sports/local/doc474ee458dfeb6560397992.txt

Game Notes UD:
http://www.udel.edu/sportsinfo/football/fbnotes07-uni.pdf

Game Note UNI:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf

igo4uni
December 1st, 2007, 07:29 AM
Pre-Game Articles/Info on Today's Game:

Northern Iowa looks to keep playoff push going against Delaware (Fox 42 - Iowa):
http://www.kptm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7431675&nav=menu606_4

Panther football: UNI will try to trip touchdown king (DEs Moines Register):
http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071201/SPORTS020702/712010349/1003/SPORTS

UD seniors hoping to survive a little longer (Opinion Piece - Wilmington News Journal):
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071201/SPORTS12/712010387/1002/SPORTS

UD gets peek at daunting dome (Wilmington News Journal):
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071201/SPORTS/712010377/1002/SPORTS

No ice, plenty of noise (Wilmington News Journal):
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071201/NEWS/712010349/1006/NEWS

UNI enters round two of football playoffs against Delaware (Radio Iowa):
http://www.radioiowa.com/gestalt/go.cfm?objectid=9246EBD8-D1E4-D7DE-5D774AF231426262

FCS playoffs: Allen former teammate of Delaware stars (WCF Courier):
http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2007/11/29/sports/local/doc474ee458dfeb6560397992.txt

Game Notes UD:
http://www.udel.edu/sportsinfo/football/fbnotes07-uni.pdf

Game Note UNI:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf

Good list!! Thanks!!

weather at 7:20 CDT..........medium/heavy snow....18 degrees.....wind is blowing like crazy.........I live about 25 miles from the UNI-Dome.

RadMann
December 1st, 2007, 07:33 AM
igo4uni: Are you going to the game, or watching on TV?

RadMann
December 1st, 2007, 07:46 AM
Here we go, gotta get into the spirit!!

http://www.udel.edu/main/media/fight.mp3

igo4uni
December 1st, 2007, 08:19 AM
igo4uni: Are you going to the game, or watching on TV?

Going............89hen gave me his cell phone #............pm me yours and I'll call you from the fabulous UNI-Dome!! If you want.........of course I may sell your # to telemarketers!!

HI54UNI
December 1st, 2007, 08:43 AM
Anybody still want to play outside?

http://wp.myweather.net/wp/maps/?pub=ceda374365&s=ncentral_radar&v=r

Chi Panther
December 1st, 2007, 09:38 AM
Glad my flight got in on Friday.

I normally can see the dome from my parents backyard......not this morning....xsmhx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 1st, 2007, 09:47 AM
Anybody still want to play outside?

Absolutely!! ;)

Yikes, I would have had a nasty drive last weekend! At this time last Saturday, I was driving up US 218 from Mt. Pleasant to Waterloo. I was visualizing wind blown snow coming across the road and thinking how impossible it must be to keep the roads clear!

JMHO, but driving in the bad weather is much worse than standing in it to watch a football game!

You'll excuse me now as I go out for a bike ride to the beach!! :p :p :p :p

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 12:02 PM
Will there be alot of no shows today?

HensRock
December 1st, 2007, 12:09 PM
We are tailgating in an ice storm. All the UNI fans are going straight inside.

WIMPS!!!!!

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 12:15 PM
We are tailgating in an ice storm. All the UNI fans are going straight inside.

WIMPS!!!!!

I knew all us York county guys were tough!xbowx xbowx

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 12:17 PM
I hope you have some HOT DAMN out there today.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 01:00 PM
Is anyone going to do updates on this game?

Peems
December 1st, 2007, 01:02 PM
Just tuned in to gameplan, Showing some omar highlights

Peems
December 1st, 2007, 01:08 PM
UD got the ball first and on the first offensive play, an OL goes out hurt.

Peems
December 1st, 2007, 01:11 PM
Doesn't seem too loud in the UNI Dome.

Also of note KC is not wearing his shades

matboz
December 1st, 2007, 01:12 PM
second false start of this drive ... its gotta be LOUD in there

matboz
December 1st, 2007, 01:13 PM
Flacco goes DOWN! ... 4th and LONG!

Peems
December 1st, 2007, 01:14 PM
Great punt by UD, UNI will have the ball

Peems
December 1st, 2007, 01:18 PM
Where are all the UD fans? Cmon guys, I can't do both ASU/EWU and this game.:)

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 01:19 PM
Looks like your going to have to

matboz
December 1st, 2007, 01:20 PM
TD UNI! Corey Lewis with an excellent run!

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 01:21 PM
Is there a link to listen on line?

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 01:22 PM
TD UNI! Corey Lewis with an excellent run!

Let me guess...I open right, second back, off right tackle.

newsbreaker
December 1st, 2007, 01:22 PM
york, you can listen for free at www.unipanthers.com, but you have to register (for free) with CSTV to do so.

Good start cats!

TheValleyRaider
December 1st, 2007, 01:23 PM
Click the "Complete D-I Football Championship Information" link at the top

RadMann
December 1st, 2007, 01:24 PM
It looks like it will be a long day for UD running the shotgun in the UNI dome. They had no ability to run the O on the first series given the noise.

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 01:25 PM
Wow - UNI looks good!

Peems
December 1st, 2007, 01:29 PM
Flacco does have an arm though, wow

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 01:30 PM
6 in the box is an automatic 5-6 yards to Omar...

matboz
December 1st, 2007, 01:31 PM
UNI defense seems to be getting to Flacco ...

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 01:32 PM
Got the radio thanks

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 01:34 PM
Flacco!!!

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 01:35 PM
or not...

Peems
December 1st, 2007, 01:36 PM
4 rushes 64 yards 1 TD for Lewis so far...

matboz
December 1st, 2007, 01:39 PM
where are all the hens fans? ... doubt they're all at that game

Tod
December 1st, 2007, 01:40 PM

Glued to the tube? xnodx

mcveyrl
December 1st, 2007, 01:41 PM

Probably watching the game. I don't usually get on here if I'm watching the game on TV.

matboz
December 1st, 2007, 01:42 PM
I like to if I'm watching by myself ... makes me feel like I'm at a gamewatch party

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 01:42 PM
Hen fan here!

matboz
December 1st, 2007, 01:43 PM
I was at the Del - Del. State game last week ... you guys can really tailgate! (had a great time)

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 01:44 PM
UD did well to get off the field with only 3 points.

UD has to get something going....

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 01:44 PM
Hens settling down...

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 01:50 PM
3rd and 6 for UD big play

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 01:50 PM
Great start for UNI - but Cuff's starting to establish himself...

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 01:51 PM
UNI ball on their own 16....they can take this game over with a good drive here.

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 01:52 PM
96 looks great! Uhll not getting the job done...

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 01:55 PM
10-0 UNI after 1 quarter

Barnstormer
December 1st, 2007, 01:57 PM
there are some no shows here because of the weather... but it is still pretty full and loud.

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 01:58 PM
UNI is dominating the line on both ends.

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 01:59 PM
Hard to believe - but UD's secondary keeping them in the game...

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:01 PM
How did UD get the ball back...I lost the radio for a bit.

Grizalltheway
December 1st, 2007, 02:01 PM
there are some no shows here because of the weather... but it is still pretty full and loud.

Weather?!? You play in a dome!! :p

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:03 PM
1st and goal UD

HasBeenCat71
Can't believe that I'm not at the game, Can't get it on the radio, and don't have cable.

yorkcountyUNHfan
TD UD... we've got a ball game.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:04 PM
PAT blkd....10-6 UNI

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 02:06 PM
How do you let that block happen. wow.

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 02:09 PM
btw, astroturf sucks

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 02:11 PM
Sanders playing well - his O is starting to break down in front of him...

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:12 PM
UNH had a kid tear his ACL last week.

I guess they're looking into new turf but are limited as to what they can do because it need to come up for track.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:17 PM
It's funny the homerism (is that a word) is comming out of the UNI annoucers more and more as the gaem goes on.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:21 PM
What the He!! I just lost the feed again.:(

caribbeanhen
It's funny the homerism (is that a word) is comming out of the UNI annoucers more and more as the gaem goes on.

maybe they go home after today

keep passing the ball UNI

IST AND TEN HENS AT THE 20

8:09 2 QTR

matboz
hmm...I think they are at home

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:22 PM
FLACCO TO DUNCAN FOR 21 YDS 1 AND 10

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 02:23 PM
Henz D getting tough...

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:23 PM
hmm...I think they are at home

Vacation

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:24 PM
screen pass to cuff on 3rd and 5 - 1st down at uni 39

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:25 PM
flacco sacked for loss of 6

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:26 PM
pass to Michaud for 11

caribbeanhen
Flacco to duncan on 3rd and 5 complete to duncan to the 25
1st d

Rob Iola
Henz O settling down too...

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:27 PM
flacco finding his grooove now

complete to Love to the 13

1st down

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:27 PM
Have to listen on UD radio UNI feed keeps cutting out.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:28 PM
OMG a Casy Keeler car commercial....come on UNI get that feed going!xlolx

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 02:29 PM
Have to listen on UD radio UNI feed keeps cutting out.

If they can't say anything good about UD, they have to stay quiet...

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:30 PM
cuff for 1 yard to the 12

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:30 PM
false start - not good

mcveyrl
December 1st, 2007, 02:32 PM
score?

Tribe4SF
Hens take the lead!

eddyg
12-10 PAT blocked again

caribbeanhen
can you say the HENS have the lead???

Flacco to Agnone for 8 yard td

xp blocked again

Tribe4SF
December 1st, 2007, 02:33 PM
PAT blocked again. 12-10 UD.

caribbeanhen
12-10
Delaware

yorkcountyUNHfan
12-10 PAT blocked again

What the...

Mn_Moose
score?

12 - 10 Delaware

two blocked pat's against UD

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:34 PM
I've got to get the UNI feed back I liked those guys

LehighFan11
what is delaware doing????????????

caribbeanhen
KC better have a 2 pt conversion play ready

WildcatFan
December 1st, 2007, 02:35 PM
I've got to get the UNI feed back I liked those guys
I'd rather listen to car commercialsxthumbsupx

LehighFan11
UNI is having trouble with another CAA team...uhoh

caribbeanhen
the kicker was perfect for most of the season

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:36 PM
Johnny gray for 18 yards on option

Rob Iola
the kicker was perfect for most of the season

yeah, well 2pt attempts from here on out...

caribbeanhen
FUMBLE

eddyg
December 1st, 2007, 02:37 PM
19-10

caribbeanhen
EJ takes it in for a DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaware

touchdown

lets bring up the UNI Announcrs

WildcatFan
And the dome goes silentxbawlingx xbawlingx

Rob Iola
Meanwhile in Boone - ASU moves on 38-35

LehighFan11
December 1st, 2007, 02:38 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOO DELAWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! btw 360 is 2 plays behind ahh i have to stop reading this board

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:38 PM
wow -if your uni youve got to be saying WTF

we were dominating this game a few minutes ago

3:02 in 2 19-10 hens

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 02:39 PM
wOW!!!

bodoyle
December 1st, 2007, 02:39 PM
nice play.

watching appy and siu games on tv and uni on 360.com

great play

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM
Halfway to 37...

LehighFan11
December 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM
lets c if UNI is a championship team. Can they respond again?

eddyg
December 1st, 2007, 02:41 PM
Anyone else think the one announcer on WHY Horizon sounds exactly like ludacris?

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 02:42 PM
UNI's O losing their composure...

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 02:43 PM
nice 3rd down conversion for Sanders...

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:45 PM
sanders sacked back to the 20 yard line

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:46 PM
2 AND 10

MATT MARCORLLE OUT FOR NOW

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:48 PM
42 SECS

3RD and goal

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:49 PM
sanders has nobody open

4th down

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 02:50 PM
29 yard fg is good

19-13 delaware - man those xpoints (or lack of ) look big

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:50 PM
OK, 1 score game for the 2nd half

Griswold
December 1st, 2007, 02:52 PM
MASN just went to the UNI/DEL game after the ASU game and it sounds pretty quite in the dome. Is it just that UNI is losing or is it that the crowd is not into the game at all? Or both?

catbob
December 1st, 2007, 02:53 PM
Audio link?

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:57 PM
Audio link?

http://www.river947.com/pages/hensfootball.html

UNI's feed isn't working

matboz
December 1st, 2007, 03:05 PM
UNI feed is back up now

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:09 PM
UNI feed is back up now

Great thanks. I love these guys!

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM
Why don't they give it to that kid 40 times a game?

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM
Why don't they give it to that kid 40 times a game?

Wondering that myself...

AppStateSVX
December 1st, 2007, 03:18 PM
3rd and 11 for UNI

AppStateSVX
December 1st, 2007, 03:19 PM
1st and Goal from the 5

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:20 PM
to loud in the Dome for them?

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:20 PM
2nd and goal from the 8

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:21 PM
Oh no flag on the play...TD called back

AppStateSVX
December 1st, 2007, 03:21 PM
TD, but Pass Interference on the Offense negates

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM
2nd goal from the 23

T-Dog
December 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM
Pass interference on the defense now.

mcveyrl
December 1st, 2007, 03:23 PM
who has the ball?

yorkcountyUNHfan
Shouldn't that be half the distance to the goal?

GrizFoo
Just had to say, I love MASN...and NESN for that matter. A lot of FCS games have been on these channels and others in the sports pack on Direct TV this year.

Back to the game. xwhistlex

AppStateSVX
December 1st, 2007, 03:24 PM
that's what I thought. oh well

yorkcountyUNHfan
UNI on the UD 7

AppStateSVX
Touchdown UNI

mcveyrl
UNI on the UD 7

thanks.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:25 PM
UNI up 20-19

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:27 PM
OK UNI has the ball on the UD 23. 15 yard penalty on UD. The ball was placed on the UD 8. Should have it been 1/2 the distance to the goal...ball on the 12?

WildcatFan
December 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM
Let's go Delaware.

WildcatFan
December 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
First Down!!

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
Flacco's a pretty good QB:p

Huge pass on 3rd and 10

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:34 PM
Wow UD's rolling.

Who ever's got it last again this week

AppStateSVX
December 1st, 2007, 03:34 PM
sacked on the 35

AppStateSVX
December 1st, 2007, 03:38 PM
3rd and 17

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:39 PM
22-20 UD

AppStateSVX
December 1st, 2007, 03:39 PM
47 yard attempt is good

Mn_Moose
December 1st, 2007, 03:41 PM
22 - 20 with UD f.g.
UD down to one t.o. left
7:20 3rd period
Flaco is a strong q.b. he's gotten himself out of a few sacks already.

appfan2008
December 1st, 2007, 03:42 PM
how is the attendance in the dome with the weather outside?

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:43 PM
UNI to punt

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:45 PM
Another sack by UNI they are brining some preasure today!

Dblue
December 1st, 2007, 03:46 PM
I wanna BE there!! Great game.

FCS Preview
December 1st, 2007, 03:47 PM
How the heck did UD complete that pass?

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:47 PM
I love these UNI annoucers. you can tell by the tone of their voice what happens on the play.

FCS Preview
December 1st, 2007, 03:48 PM
Another 1st down for Delaware...

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:48 PM
1st and 10 UD on the UNI 19

FCS Preview
December 1st, 2007, 03:49 PM
TOUCHDOWN CUFF!!!!

Peems
December 1st, 2007, 03:50 PM
Omar!!! Barry better watch out, Omar is coming...

FCS Preview
December 1st, 2007, 03:50 PM
29-20, Delaware, 2:55 to go in the 3rd

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 03:51 PM
Man, what a game!

Dblue
December 1st, 2007, 03:51 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR! !!!!!!

TD

Rob Iola
December 1st, 2007, 03:52 PM
where are the UNI fans on AGS today?

Tribe4SF
Flacco playing a terrific game.

GO HENS!!!

FCS Preview
Great coverage on the kick by UD

Dblue
December 1st, 2007, 03:54 PM
At the Dome most likely, so we have the thread to ourselves.xrolleyesx

FCS Preview
December 1st, 2007, 03:54 PM
huge sack for the Hens

Seahawks Fan
December 1st, 2007, 03:55 PM
Go Blue Hens! xthumbsupx

AppStateSVX
December 1st, 2007, 03:56 PM
yeah, it's a good thing there aren't many UNI fans on here. They are at the Dome where they belong

sidenote - I really wish ASU had a dome

Skjellyfetti
December 1st, 2007, 03:57 PM

STRONGLY disagree

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:57 PM
yeah, it's a good thing there aren't many UNI fans on here. They are at the Dome where they belong

No you don't

AppStateSVX
December 1st, 2007, 03:59 PM
No you don't

i'm in NO way saying I don't love KBS, I freaking love that place.
I think a dome would be pretty nice sometimes though.

anyways, 3rd Down

Tod
December 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM
i'm in NO way saying I don't love KBS, I freaking love that place.
I think a dome would be pretty nice sometimes though.

anyways, 3rd Down

You and I seem to be in the wimp minority on this one. I like domes!

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM
The UNI feed died againxsmhx xsmhx xbawlingx :(

WildcatFan
December 1st, 2007, 04:03 PM
D........................FENSE

FCS Preview
December 1st, 2007, 04:03 PM
First down UNI

appfan2008
December 1st, 2007, 04:04 PM
no way should asu have a dome... the boone weather is the second best part of gameday in boone behind only the game!

yorkcountyUNHfan
Domes are fine if it's 10 freezing rain and windy...like Iowa in the fall.

Not in North Carolina

Rob Iola
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

FCS Preview
UNI STRIPPED! Delaware recovers the ball and the UNI drive is stalled in the red zone...

WildcatFan
December 1st, 2007, 04:05 PM
FUMBLE.............

Tribe4SF
Marcorelle!!! GO HENS!!!

AppStateSVX
fumble UNI. Delaware takes over

yorkcountyUNHfan
Wow , UD ball! What a turn over!

Rob Iola
Who Dat 28?!?

Tribe4SF
Sensational play by Matt!

WildcatFan
December 1st, 2007, 04:06 PM
Delaware announcer "and this crowd is very very silent"

yorkcountyUNHfan
The UNI D needs to step up right now!

thmst30
Well that fumble looked familiar.

FCS Preview
Completion UD ball inside UNI 30

mcveyrl
December 1st, 2007, 04:07 PM
score?

UDChE89
29-20 UD 12:06 left in the 4th

Rob Iola
OMAR!!!!

FCS Preview
December 1st, 2007, 04:08 PM
Cuff with big yardage again...close to another UDel 1st down

mcveyrl
29-20 UD 12:06 left in the 4th

thanks.

yorkcountyUNHfan
UNI's going to alot of #28 the rest of the way.

FCS Preview
3rd an 1
cuff for another 1st Down for UD

Thundar
WOW I didn't pick thisxoopsx

Dblue
December 1st, 2007, 04:09 PM
Kirkwood Highway, dude is good.

FCS Preview
December 1st, 2007, 04:09 PM