PDA

View Full Version : Bluebloods 2023 Preseason All-Americans

SU DOG
June 14th, 2023, 01:06 PM
https://www.thebluebloodscfb.com/the-bluebloods-2023-fcs-preseason-all-american-team/

KPSUL
June 15th, 2023, 08:14 PM
Matthew Sluka selected as 2nd Team, All Purpose? Since when did passing yards count towards all purpose statistics? If that was the case, A QB would lead the All Purpose Yardage standings every season.

He's a strong candidate for 1st, 2nd or 3rd Team QB, but unless he starts returning Kick-offs and Punts, and catching his own passes, he's not an all-purpose running back.

What am I missing here?

caribbeanhen
June 16th, 2023, 11:13 AM
Matthew Sluka selected as 2nd Team, All Purpose? Since when did passing yards count towards all purpose statistics? If that was the case, A QB would lead the All Purpose Yardage standings every season.

He's a strong candidate for 1st, 2nd or 3rd Team QB, but unless he starts returning Kick-offs and Punts, and catching his own passes, he's not an all-purpose running back.

What am I missing here?

no idea but whatever the reasoning is it won’t make any sense

crusader11
June 16th, 2023, 12:05 PM

What am I missing here?

Yeah, really should be “wild card” instead.

caribbeanhen
June 16th, 2023, 01:43 PM

Hey crusader, are you ready for Sluka to shock the Midwest this year?

what are the odds ?

KPSUL
June 16th, 2023, 02:09 PM

He should be on one of those Pre-Season AA Teams. No returning QB contributed as much to the success of their team than Sulka did last season. They likely were too singularly focused on passing yardage.

crusader11
June 16th, 2023, 02:38 PM
Hey crusader, are you ready for Sluka to shock the Midwest this year?

what are the odds ?

After we beat BC in week two, don’t think there will be much shocking anyone.

FUBeAR
June 16th, 2023, 03:13 PM
No returning QB contributed as much to the success of their team than Sulka did last season.
SU DOG and FUBeAR can likely name 2.

SU DOG
June 17th, 2023, 08:53 AM
SU DOG and FUBeAR can likely name 2.

Yeah, and they are both returning healthy and seemingly in mid-season form this spring.

NY Crusader 2010
June 17th, 2023, 09:12 AM
They have Mellott listed as AP as well...strange.

caribbeanhen
June 17th, 2023, 10:00 AM
After we beat BC in week two, don’t think there will be much shocking anyone.

Hope you beat BC, and if you do they will just say BC is horrific

crusader11
June 17th, 2023, 10:24 AM
Hope you beat BC, and if you do they will just say BC is horrific

I think we legitimately garnered the respect of the Bunnies and their fans last December. Whether others in the Valley or Large Sky took notice, unsure.

KPSUL
June 17th, 2023, 10:35 AM
I think we legitimately garnered the respect of the Bunnies and their fans last December. Whether others in the Valley or Large Sky took notice, unsure.

Incredible 3 Qtrs by HC, but losing the 4th 21 - 0, the final score, 41-21, just looks like another Eastern School playoff whuppin in the Dakotas.

SteelSD
June 17th, 2023, 06:02 PM
Incredible 3 Qtrs by HC, but losing the 4th 21 - 0, the final score, 41-21, just looks like another Eastern School playoff whuppin in the Dakotas.
Oh man, don’t start this. Don’t need to listen to the HC fans complain more about that last TD pass and how we should have just knelt on the ball because the clock doesn’t stop on 4th down in their world.

crusader11
June 17th, 2023, 08:50 PM
Oh man, don’t start this. Don’t need to listen to the HC fans complain more about that last TD pass and how we should have just knelt on the ball because the clock doesn’t stop on 4th down in their world.

Were HC fans complaining?

Chesney was using timeouts on that final drive by SD State, signifying it was still game on. If he was content running out the clock, then it would have been poor form by Stig to try and punch one last one in. But, he didn’t. Fair game.

SteelSD
June 18th, 2023, 01:03 AM
Were HC fans complaining?

Chesney was using timeouts on that final drive by SD State, signifying it was still game on. If he was content running out the clock, then it would have been poor form by Stig to try and punch one last one in. But, he didn’t. Fair game.
Yes they were. A few quotes regarding the play from your boards:

Bush move going for that last SD score. One to remember down the road. >:D

No that was an a$$$ move by the coach on 4th down- he went down a few pegs in my opinion

Wow what a classless move by the Jackrabbits. Terrible

Back in the day, we would have called that a “douche move”.

Bush leaguers. Was going to root for them but not now. Hope MSU kicks their butts.

A bush league move.

KPSUL
June 18th, 2023, 06:46 AM

No that was an a$$$ move by the coach on 4th down- he went down a few pegs in my opinion

Bush leaguers. Was going to root for them but not now. Hope MSU kicks their butts.

A bush league move.

You guys agree, Chesney brought it on himself by calling time-outs when SDSU had the ball at the end of the game. Who cares what butt hurt fans say on a homer message board.

crusader11
June 18th, 2023, 07:04 AM

A bush league move.

Fair. I thought you were talking about around these parts.

Those fans / posters on Crossports are wrong.

caribbeanhen
June 18th, 2023, 07:28 AM
You guys agree, Chesney brought it on himself by calling time-outs when SDSU had the ball at the end of the game. Who cares what butt hurt fans say on a homer message board.

exactly

I’m sure Chesney had no real problem with it

SteelSD
June 18th, 2023, 11:13 AM
Ok, my initial response was more meant to be tongue in cheek. I simply responded to a question with the quotes I gave. I know his message boards work and I understand most knowledgeable fans understand what happened at the end of the game. Certainly would have expected to Chesney to do what he did because he was giving his team whatever chance to win he could. Full props to what HC did in that game. And Sluka just balled out in that game. He’s very deserving of All America mentions.