PDA

View Full Version : SDSU/Coach Eck

Catbooster
June 12th, 2023, 10:28 PM
This has been one of those off-seasons where I haven't been around here much at all, so my apologies if this has been discussed. I didn't find it in a quick search.

Coach Eck is just about to start his second season at Idaho, and has done a good job so far. When he took that job I'm guessing he didn't know Stig would be retiring a year later. Do you think he would have made the move to Idaho had he realized? Would he have had a shot at the SDSU HC job? Was Jimmy Rogers always next in line?

I'm not trying to imply that Rogers isn't the best choice for SDSU. And if Eck hadn't done so well with UI, it wouldn't have crossed my mind. It's just interesting timing and I don't recall whether Eck was firmly entrenched at SDSU at the time or not.

SDFS
June 13th, 2023, 12:24 AM
This has been one of those off-seasons where I haven't been around here much at all, so my apologies if this has been discussed. I didn't find it in a quick search.

Coach Eck is just about to start his second season at Idaho, and has done a good job so far. When he took that job I'm guessing he didn't know Stig would be retiring a year later. Do you think he would have made the move to Idaho had he realized? Would he have had a shot at the SDSU HC job? Was Jimmy Rogers always next in line?

I'm not trying to imply that Rogers isn't the best choice for SDSU. And if Eck hadn't done so well with UI, it wouldn't have crossed my mind. It's just interesting timing and I don't recall whether Eck was firmly entrenched at SDSU at the time or not.

Not overly connected to SDSU. But, it was generally understood that Jimmy Rogers was next in line. And I do agree that Eck really made a difference at Idaho.