PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Playoffs: Appalachian State (9-2) vs. James Madison (8-3)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Eaglegus2
November 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM
this is the most tired i have ever been in my life after a football game

i just looked in the mirror and i have 6 gray hairs that were not there before the game

It is good that Van Gooder wasn't coaching at App. You would have had a head full of gray hair like mine.xnodx xlolx xlolx

Congratulations to the Mountaineers. You represented the SoCon well.xthumbsupx

Wofford's win was just as good. Both of the games had my heart about to jump out of my chest from the excitement.

TheKDL
November 24th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I will say this, we got lucky. Our defense didn't play that well and our offense didn't do much better. JMU fell victim to turnovers and pretty good field position for ASU. I'm glad we won our worst played game of the season. I agree with you on Corey not having to pay for dinner or lunch, but don't forget that Devon Moore was the one who caught the 4th and 4 1st down to lead us to that score, if he drops that pass its over and our quest for 3 is shattered. I say thank you Devon Moore, you filled some pretty big shoes when it really mattered.

From what I understand McNeese and E.Washington are both pass heavy offenses, I think as long as we don't play an option offense we will do pretty good. I would like to play Wofford at home but we have been killed on the run all year. A rematch would be nice, but I think we would do better with a team that just doesn't option it much its hurt us all year.

ASU88
November 24th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Just got back from the game. I am exhausted! Can't believe we pulled that out.

Heard it referred to as "Miracle on the Mountain II" more than once.

I feel really bad for the JMU players and fans that made the trip. They deserved a W in this one and the mountain magic just came through again.

ASUPATCH
November 24th, 2007, 06:04 PM
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOOWOW HUGE PLAY LYNCH

Not to take anything away from Lynch but it was Tharrington with the strip and Pierre Banks with the recovery.

mcveyrl
November 24th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I got back a little bit ago and have to say...wow.

It was a great game by both teams. Obviously the call to go for it on fourth was horrible, but I'll have to say that I'm not too upset about the call to try to run it left at the end. For one, there was a chance that we could score a TD, that would've been much better than trusting our kicker (who missed an EP earlier in the game). Plus, I was on that side of the field and Landers was EXHAUSTED, he probably was more a risk to fumble than the ball carrier.

Either way, this will be a tough one to shake. We dominated the whole game and "WE LET 'EM OFF THE HOOK" (Dennis Green style :))

I'm not going to say ASU was "lucky" because that would discredit their effort all game. They played hard like we did. They got a couple of breaks late, but like others said, we got breaks earlier.

Congrats App, good luck next week.

ASUPATCH
November 24th, 2007, 06:12 PM

It was a great game by both teams. Obviously the call to go for it on fourth was horrible, but I'll have to say that I'm not too upset about the call to try to run it left at the end. For one, there was a chance that we could score a TD, that would've been much better than trusting our kicker (who missed an EP earlier in the game). Plus, I was on that side of the field and Landers was EXHAUSTED, he probably was more a risk to fumble than the ball carrier.

Either way, this will be a tough one to shake. We dominated the whole game and "WE LET 'EM OFF THE HOOK" (Dennis Green style :))

I'm not going to say ASU was "lucky" because that would discredit their effort all game. They played hard like we did. They got a couple of breaks late, but like others said, we got breaks earlier.

True keep in mind we dropped an INT that hit DJ Smith perfectly on the hands and the next play you ran a gimmick play on a fake FG ans scored. Both teams deserved to win. Luckily it was us.

TheKDL
November 24th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I hope that none of the JMU or ASU fans are making rude remarks about this game. It was a tough game and it was a terrible way to lose a game. I have looked at some other threads and all JMU and ASU fans are pretty nice about it all. This was a classic game and if JMU won I would be pulling for them all the way!

B&G
November 24th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Miracle at the Mountain 2, eh? I think JMU fans would call it the Travesty at Tweetsie.

T-Dogg
November 24th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Come on APPY!! I had no fingernails by the time Wofford played. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

bench
November 24th, 2007, 07:08 PM
The offense didn't play badly at all. They just didn't get to play enough.

YesAppCan
November 24th, 2007, 07:21 PM
This was an old fashioned, hard-nosed football game. Congrats to BOTH teams on this one.

lizrdgizrd
November 24th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Hate I missed this game, but glad we managed to pull out the win. JMU, great game and I'd love to keep playing you guys in or out of the playoffs for years to come! xthumbsupx

biggie
November 24th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Great game, still in shock over this and a lot of other games today. Just getting warmed up and completely horse for yelling at our defense. Look forward to the JMU game next year.

Mountain Man 2020
November 24th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Only bandwagon I ride on is the one that rode up and beat yall in Boone xlolx

This is true. For the record, I was pulling for y'all to get in. Just not on our side of the bracket!

back2back
November 25th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Congratulations App State! Boy, are you lucky that JMU called such bonehead plays, but a win is a win.

See you next week in "The Hole"!!

We made plays and won the game, while you made a bad prediction xoopsx xoopsx.

phillyAPP
November 25th, 2007, 07:40 AM

Thank you for being so nice. You guys beat us on the ground like a dog. I can't wait to go to Harrisonburg next year. I kinda feel sorry for your team they did a great job.

HaveFunKc
November 25th, 2007, 08:27 AM
The offense didn't play badly at all. They just didn't get to play enough.

Agreed here 100%. xthumbsupx Our offense did what they normally do. They were just as efficient as they have been all season. 28 points in 19.33 minutes. That comes down to 1.44 pts per 1 minute of offensive playing time. For 2007, APP avg 1.45 pts scored for every 1 min of offensive playning time... (42.8 pts/game @ 29.37 minutes)

So if App had just been on the field more, the scoreboard most likely would have read a lot higher on the ASU side... Now this is where you have to give a ton of credit to the JMU offense and coaching for keeping AE & company off the field as much as they did... (Awesome job Dukes!! xthumbsupx ) JMU came in a great game plan that was almost executed perfectly. They had our defense reeling throughout the entire game. But our D never gave up and thanks to some keys plays (turnovers) and that incredible stop (4th down on ASU 32), 28 on the scoreboard was enough for the W.

It has been said by others before, "the Heart of a Chapmion nevers gives up..." I think this game showed that with both teams. JMU and APP both showed the heart of true champions and that's why this game came down to the wire (watching that last fumble roll around on the ground - I nearly fell down five rows seats!!!! xeekx ). I can't wait for next year at JMU!!!