PDA

View Full Version : 2007 PLAYOFFS: New Hampshire at Northern Iowa >Official Game Thread<

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 09:54 PM
i called this upset as well as Woffords...
One for two ain't bad.;)

BlueHenBoy
Anyone have a description of the last play of the game that scored the touchdown? What happened with the coverage?

UNHWildCats
How did UNH lose 4 games?
same way as this one was lost... defense. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx this really sucks.... I just hope that all those who called for UNH to lose by 20+ admit they underestimated UNH and I hope Coulson admits UNH belonged too.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 09:55 PM
By playing in the CAA! xlolx

TELL 'EM LAD.............NOW GET READY FO':

Eaglegus2
November 24th, 2007, 09:55 PM

They didn't play the way they played tonight.

Great game!!

To bad someone had to lose the way this game was played.

Congratulations UNI!!

Khan4Cats
November 24th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Anyone have a description of the last play of the game that scored the touchdown? What happened with the coverage?

Man coverage, inside slot ran a deep post. UNH blitz didn't get to Sanders in time, speedster got behind coverage.

ChickenMan
PANTHERS WIN!!!

Bring on the Chickens. We'll get the frying pan going. Time for payback from 2003.

I won't promise a UD win.. but I garnentee you the 'Chickens' will put on a better show in the 'Dome' than UNI put on in the 'Tub'... ;)

UNHWildCats
Dear UNI

Please destroy everyone in sight on your way to Chatty and the title, so UNH can atleast claim in our minds to be the second best team ;)

Griswold
The same guy who fumbles to give UNH the ball to score is the same guy who caught that touchdown past.

That's awesome! Get example of not getting too down on yourself and putting a very bad misstake behind you. xbowx

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2007, 09:57 PM
same way as this one was lost... defense. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx this really sucks.... I just hope that all those who called for UNH to lose by 20+ admit they underestimated UNH and I hope Coulson admits UNH belonged too.

I've been praising Santos all night long.

And your defense did a good job of blitzing tonight.

But Ricky's arm was why you were in the game.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2007, 09:57 PM
OMAR!!!!!!!!

UNI Pike
November 24th, 2007, 09:58 PM
ESPN, how about that storyline? Maybe we can see a replay of this game at 3 AM some night. Richards.

Win or lose, that was a crazy game. Congrats to all, and I hope no one was injured.

Houndawg
November 24th, 2007, 09:58 PM

I underestimated them, but it sounds like UNI let them hang around with two missed FGs and a TD called back.

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2007, 09:59 PM
The legend of Eric Sanders continues.....

UNI Pike
November 24th, 2007, 10:00 PM
When's the UNI DE game, Friday or Saturday? Flying 2,000 miles for the game, so gotta get it right.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Dear UNI

Please destroy everyone in sight on your way to Chatty and the title, so UNH can atleast claim in our minds to be the second best team ;)

THANX....ALOT UNH.........WE WERE HERE FO' YA'LL.....:(...BRAWK!

OH BRUTTER!.....AH SWEAR!

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2007, 10:01 PM
TELL 'EM LAD.............NOW GET READY FO':

We can stop the run....the pass by Santos and Hill was more difficult....:D

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 10:04 PM

EVERAH HEAR O' FLACCO.........HE SHARED DUH CAAA OFFENSIVE PLAYER AWARD....WHIFF RICKY?

AN' WE'LL SHOW BETTERAH AT DUH DOME..DAN YA'LL DID AT DUH TUB!

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2007, 10:05 PM
EVERAH HEAR O' FLACCO.........HE SHARED DUH CAAA OFFENSIVE PLAYER AWARD....WHIFF RICKY?

AN' WE'LL SHOW BETTERAH AT DUH DOME..DAN YA'LL DID AT DUH TUB!

I know all about Flacco and Omar....

I will be making the trip back from Denver, CO....can't wait to meet the the Great Hen Fans from Newark!!!!!xbowx

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 10:06 PM
THANX....ALOT UNH.........WE WERE HERE FO' YA'LL.....:(...BRAWK!

OH BRUTTER!.....AH SWEAR!
only cause you wanted a home game. xcoolx

Houndawg
November 24th, 2007, 10:07 PM

What's your take on Santos and Hill?

SuperEagle
November 24th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Congrats to UNI.

The CAA was thisclose to going 5-0 today.

What is your obsession with the CAA? xconfusedx If you didn't catch it, UNI won the game. Props to UNH for making it one heck of a game, but more props to UNI for actually winning it.

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Anyone think Kackert wished he had dropped at the 1 yard line?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 24th, 2007, 10:11 PM
It's too bad that this game wasn't televised. Both of the quarterbacks are better and more exciting than any quarterback that played on ESPN or ESPN2 tonight.

joecooll6
November 24th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Just got back from the game and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!

Im gettin drunk.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 10:17 PM
This must have been one heckuva game to justify a 78 page thread.
xnodx

blackfordpu
November 24th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Just got back from the game and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!
Im gettin drunk.

Is there a better way to celebrate a huge win in the playoffs other than a hangover.xrotatehx

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2007, 10:18 PM
This must have been one heckuva game to justify a 78 page thread.
xnodx

The only undefeated team left, Uncky. xnodx

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I wish we could hear from Eric Sanders in the post game show. The Corey Lewis interview was awesome that kid is great!

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Congrats UNIxbowx and thank you for saving me from a Queer eye episode.xnodx xnodx

UNH SUPERFAN
November 24th, 2007, 10:32 PM
well... now the UNH fans know what the JMU fans feel like...

It feels pretty bad right now, I know that.

How do you get beat on a throw to the end zone when, really, that's the only option UNI had?????? Defense has KILLED us all year!!!!!

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Here's an F'ed up stat.....UNI only punted ONCE.....and only won by 3....WOW

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2007, 10:34 PM
How do you get beat on a throw to the end zone when, really, that's the only option UNI had??????

Because Sanders is a Payton finalist.

newsbreaker
November 24th, 2007, 10:36 PM
When you've got a guy who runs for 220...you talk to him!

UNI had almost 600 yards of offense tonight, to less than half that for UNH. UNI left a ton of points on the field (two missed FG, another they should have kicked late, the called back TD), but UNH just made the most of EVERY opportunity.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 10:37 PM
The only undefeated team left, Uncky. xnodx

By six yards.
Sorry, but I just had to point that out.
xnodx

Barnstormer
November 24th, 2007, 10:40 PM
awesome game.... dome was hella loud. i forgot to dvr the game, but ill dvr the panther replay tomorrow am and get some vids up... i want to see if that fumble of ours was really a fumble.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 10:40 PM
only cause you wanted a home game. xcoolx

WE WERE HERE FO' YA'LL...'CAUSE YER CAA FAMILY!

AN' WE CAN WIN NEXT WEEK WIFF-OUT YA......xnodx...SIMPLETON!

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 10:41 PM
How do you get beat on a throw to the end zone when, really, that's the only option UNI had?????? Defense has KILLED us all year!!!!!Because your DBs followed the seniors to the corners and let a freshman who had fumbled on the previous drive go right up the middle all by himself.

I loved Coach farley's comment that there wasn't much choice in kicking the FG or going for it. He said, "I wasn't going to lose by 1 point. I would rather go down by sling it around the same way we have done it all year. We got the #1 offense and they just get the job done when we need them to so there wasn't much to think about".

That's gutsy!

Official game time for next Saturday will be announced tomorrow at 2:00.

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2007, 10:42 PM
By six yards.
Sorry, but I just had to point that out.
xnodx

Maybe we can have a rematch and we will kick off from six yards further back. Then will you shut up???? ;) ;) ;) ;) :p :p :p :p :p

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Because your DBs followed the seniors to the corners and let a freshman who had fumbled on the previous drive go right up the middle all by himself.

I loved Coach farley's comment that there wasn't much choice in kicking the FG or going for it. He said, "I wasn't going to lose by 1 point. I would rather go down by sling it around the same way we have done it all year. We got the #1 offense and they just get the job done when we need them to so there wasn't much to think about".

That's gutsy!

Official game time for next Saturday will be announced tomorrow at 2:00.

HIGH probability of 6:35 Central on Saturday....

UNH SUPERFAN
November 24th, 2007, 10:43 PM
When you've got a guy who runs for 220...you talk to him!

UNI had almost 600 yards of offense tonight, to less than half that for UNH. UNI left a ton of points on the field (two missed FG, another they should have kicked late, the called back TD), but UNH just made the most of EVERY opportunity.
Actually in the first half UNH had the ball first and goal at the 6 and came away with nothing. That might have made the difference in the outcome.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda!!!!

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Maybe we can have a rematch and we will kick off from six yards further back. Then will you shut up???? ;) ;) ;) ;) :p :p :p :p :p

Will I shut up? No.
Win next week and then we can enjoy the rematch.
xthumbsupx
I told them all we should have been the #2 seed.
Now we are in effect.
We just got stuck in the same side of the bracket.

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Wow.

I only have a few things to say.

1. I damn near passed out in the fourth quarter from screaming so much and so hard.

2. I have never, ever, ever, EVER heard the Dome that loud. Ever. And we are very loud normally.

I TOLD YOU GUYS THE UNI-DOME WAS PRETTY LOUD, OH HOW YOU DOUBTED ME!

3. DOME MAGIC IS FOR REAL. DEAL WITH IT!!!!!

4. Sanders for Payton. 'Nuff said.

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Wow.

I only have a few things to say.

1. I damn near passed out in the fourth quarter from screaming so much and so hard.

2. I have never, ever, ever, EVER heard the Dome that loud. Ever. And we are very loud normally.

I TOLD YOU GUYS THE UNI-DOME WAS PRETTY LOUD, OH HOW YOU DOUBTED ME!

3. DOME MAGIC IS FOR REAL. DEAL WITH IT!!!!!

4. Sanders for Payton. 'Nuff said.
The loudness of the dome didnt seem to effect UNH much.

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 11:16 PM

Having been there in person, I completely disagree, and not because I'm a UNI fan. I have to seriously wonder what the decibel level is in there. My ears are ringing like I just came back from a rock concert. The place ERUPTED when the game was over. Loudest thing ever.

JayJ79
November 24th, 2007, 11:26 PM

Would have to agree with you there. The Wildcats played a great game, and seemed to deal with the crowd noise well. Congrats UNH, you represented yourselves quite well.

JayJ79
November 24th, 2007, 11:31 PM
awesome game.... dome was hella loud. i forgot to dvr the game, but ill dvr the panther replay tomorrow am and get some vids up... i want to see if that fumble of ours was really a fumble.

When I talked to Rima last monday, he said that ESPN wouldn't allow them to do the usual replay show. Though I hope things have changed and they end up doing it

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 11:35 PM
The UNH fans that were there were trying to make noise. I almost felt bad for them. It was like trying to fill a keg with a spoon.

Barnstormer
November 24th, 2007, 11:36 PM
When I talked to Rima last monday, he said that ESPN wouldn't allow them to do the usual replay show. Though I hope things have changed and they end up doing it

Boooooo... That's no good. Maybe they will let them show a highlite or two... the game winner being one of them. :)

strike00
November 24th, 2007, 11:40 PM
UNH put up a heck of an effort. It's too bad their season had to end the way they played tonight.

Too many points left on the field for UNI. But they were able to pull it out. Where was the safety on the last touchdown pass?

amazing game.

Barnstormer
November 24th, 2007, 11:51 PM
We moved the ball great. Sanders 314 yards passing, Lewis 220 yards rushing. The FG's we missed were both around 50 yards, so I don't consider them automatic. That kick return was huge. I've never seen a hole so big.. that dude can fly too.

I was in the other end of the stands for two of the plays I would like to see again. One of them was the touchdown pass that was called back, some folks said they hit our guy out, so he could have come back in... not sure, didn't see it.

The other was our fumble. Again, i was on the far end of the field, but it looked like he hit the ground then the ball came out.

Who knows... the only reason I mention it is because they are Big Sky refs. :)

We did not have an answer for Santos. That boy can throw, and he can move when he needed to. We did have almost a 10 minute time of possesion advantage, so the less time Santos could be on the field, the better.

We had our chances to build a nice lead and couldn't do it. Props to UNH for fighting back like they did.

JayJ79
November 24th, 2007, 11:52 PM
When's the UNI DE game, Friday or Saturday? Flying 2,000 miles for the game, so gotta get it right.

All games in the 2nd round (quarterfinals) are played on Saturday Dec. 1.
Game time will be announced tommorrow at 2 p.m., though Farley said it would be another 6:35 p.m. game.

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 11:53 PM
There were some really crappy non-calls. Especially when Sanders got hit in the throat. Farley was out a ways on the field giving the refs a piece of his mind.

Barnstormer
November 24th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Great goal-line stand by the UNH defense.. held us to a FG. That was a huge stop.....

UMass922
November 24th, 2007, 11:59 PM

The same way they lost this one: their defense can't keep up with their offense. They gave up 36 points per game in those four prior losses.

Still, I am wildly impressed by how the Wildcats represented themselves tonight. I'm one of those who didn't think UNH belonged (I would have taken Villanova instead), and they proved me wrong. I really didn't think they had another game like this in them; they seemed to have faded down the stretch, with the loss to Northeastern and the loss to UMass in which they scored only seven points. But this was a classic Santos-era UNH game: lots of points, and decided in the final minute.

Congrats to UNI on the win. Two more Gateway-CAA games coming up next week--we can only hope they'll be as good as this one.

EDIT: Also bear in mind that four of UNH's five losses were: at JMU, at Richmond, at UMass, at UNI. The loss at Northeastern was the only head-scratcher.

Mn_Moose
November 25th, 2007, 12:18 AM
I just hope that all those who called for UNH to lose by 20+ admit they underestimated UNH and I hope Coulson admits UNH belonged too.

Yep I underestimated UNH. They played a great game. Watching the option from the gun was quite impressive.
FWIW, C.F. television coverage sucked! Do they know the zoom works two ways? All they did was zoom in. Must have missed nearly half the plays.

Reed Rothchild
November 25th, 2007, 12:42 AM
What's your take on Santos and Hill?

Hill was good, but Santos showed that he is truly a special player. FCS will miss him and its too bad he was hurt this year and couldn't have been showcased more. He is one of the best quarterbacks I have EVER seen in FCS.

Reed Rothchild
November 25th, 2007, 12:46 AM

You're right. UNH was very well equipped to handle the noise. They had their plays called very quickly and never relied on adjustments at the line. The UNI post game radio show commented on how fast the Wildcats called their plays and made their reads.

I think the noise helped the UNI players more than it hindered UNH.

HI54UNI
November 25th, 2007, 01:25 AM
What a game! I think my heart stopped at the end.

I was really impressed with how UNH handled the noise. Santos and his crew played a great game.

JayJ79
November 25th, 2007, 02:45 AM
FWIW, C.F. television coverage sucked! Do they know the zoom works two ways? All they did was zoom in. Must have missed nearly half the plays.

Yeah, their production could use some improvement in some ways. But for a local crew that doesn't have a whole lot of experience producing football games (at least not much beyond highschool games), they do an okay job.
Or at least it is better than nothing.

JayJ79
November 25th, 2007, 02:49 AM
That was a SAD defensive attempt on that last drive. However, UNI made the plays they needed. ****

SAD defensive attempt by both teams on the last couple drives.
But good quarterbacks (and offenses) contribute to defenses looking SAD, and there were two pretty good ones in this game.

wloopanther
November 25th, 2007, 03:28 AM
I have heard the dome much louder than that....

Any Southern Illinois game has been louder.....

Purple Reign
November 25th, 2007, 09:55 AM
All games in the 2nd round (quarterfinals) are played on Saturday Dec. 1.
Game time will be announced tommorrow at 2 p.m., though Farley said it would be another 6:35 p.m. game.

The game will be at 6:35 PM Sat, pending a conversation with ESPN. They could change the time.

PR

WildCat In The Hat
November 25th, 2007, 10:13 AM
WE WERE HERE FO' YA'LL...'CAUSE YER CAA FAMILY!

AN' WE CAN WIN NEXT WEEK WIFF-OUT YA......xnodx...SIMPLETON!

I'm rooting for you Chicken. I think you have a great shot at this win. This game, if nothing else, brought UNI back to earth a little. In Delaware they are going to see a team that can run as well as pass-and also play better D than UNH.
At this point, I'm hoping the Hens take it all. It'll be another CAA champ and we can say we beat the National Champs this year (sorry, it's all we have left).

Go CAA! Go Hens!!

xpeacex

Wildcat757
November 25th, 2007, 10:38 AM
I sense a UNH-UNI Rivalry starting to form. xthumbsupx

Pantherpower
November 25th, 2007, 10:49 AM
The joy of victory courtesy of the DM Register. I imagine Eric is saying something to the effect of "Boy, Montari, you didn't have to make the GW catch THAT dramatic!":)

http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=D2&Dato=20071125&Kategori=SPORTS0207&Lopenr=711250801&Ref=PH&Item=33&Maxw=600&Maxh=500

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2007, 11:12 AM
I understand Delaware is a very good team. But I think UNI had so much trouble because of how good Santos is and the offense that UNH runs. We don't get to see that spread option offense in the Gateway. From what I saw Delaware runs a more traditional offense that we see in the Gateway. I am not saying that Delaware cannot win. In fact I am very nervous especially with players like Flacco and Cuff. All in all that was a great game last night and am hoping for another good one next weekend. GO PANTHERS!!!

WildcatFan
November 25th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Just back from Iowa - what a great game (except for last 12 seconds of course!!).

Impressed with the dome - what a great facility, you should be proud. What was up with the instant reply screen only showing UNI plays - thought that was against NCAA playoff rules? Not complaining, just curious.

OK now Delaware it is up to you. Some of my favorite road trips have been to your stadium - of course the outcomes of the games may have had something to do with thatxsmiley_wix Best of luck next week.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2007, 11:44 AM
I sense a UNH-UNI Rivalry starting to form. xthumbsupx

I dunno. We're up to 2 meetings and I doubt we'd ever meet outside of the playoffs.

santosballnewhampshire
November 25th, 2007, 12:12 PM
great game just very dissapointed

Mountain Panther
November 25th, 2007, 12:14 PM
What was up with the instant reply screen only showing UNI plays

That's interesting...I've never thought about that. And I have no idea if we're breaking NCAA rules. :o

pantherfan
November 25th, 2007, 12:31 PM

Agreed. Your coaching staff had your offense ready for this one. Having Santos take the play calls rather than relaying them in was a great move. As was running the called plays and not trying to audible. An audible is great when it works, but can lead to turnovers when key players don't hear correctly. Honestly, UNHs offensexbowx handled the Dome noise better than I've ever seen...xcoffeex

bcrawf
November 25th, 2007, 12:49 PM
You're right. Santos made it seem like he has played in the Dome with that type of noise (And it was louder than the SIU game in there last night) 100 times, like it was easy and he thrived in it. That guy is going to play football for a long time somewhere whether it be Canada or in the Arena League or in the NFL or wherever. That guy is a winner!!

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Did anyone happen to tape the game? I thought my parents were going to but apparently they didn't. If someone did and can let me copy it or get me a copy that would be greatly appriciated!

I might have to watch that one a few more times, I honestly still can hardly believe what happened in the dome last night. The best football game I have ever been to in person (or at least in a long time)

newsbreaker
November 25th, 2007, 03:22 PM
That's interesting...I've never thought about that. And I have no idea if we're breaking NCAA rules. :o

There were plays where UNH wasn't on the field? Someone should look into that.

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2007, 03:31 PM
They never replayed the questionable calls though. Like the reciever called for illegal touching and the fumble by Montari. I mean we are in our own stadium of course we are going to show our own replays it makes sense. I don't think we were breaking rules considering they had those special ncaa playoff highlights in there too. They were probably told what they could and couldn't show by the NCAA prior to the game.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2007, 03:58 PM
http://http://www.kcrg.com/sports/11798736.html?video=YHI&t=a (http://www.kcrg.com/sports/11798736.html?video=YHI&t=a)

From panthernation

video highlights including the game winner.

UMass922
November 25th, 2007, 06:49 PM
That guy is going to play football for a long time somewhere whether it be Canada or in the Arena League or in the NFL or wherever.

Agreed. I hope he gets a fair shot in the NFL, but if he doesn't, his game is very well suited to either the CFL or the AFL. I'm sure there are teams in both of those leagues that would be very happy to have him.

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 25th, 2007, 10:29 PM
They never replayed the questionable calls though. Like the reciever called for illegal touching and the fumble by Montari. I mean we are in our own stadium of course we are going to show our own replays it makes sense. I don't think we were breaking rules considering they had those special ncaa playoff highlights in there too. They were probably told what they could and couldn't show by the NCAA prior to the game.

I couldn't understand the illegal touching call myself, being on the opposite sideline. However, a sideline photographer caught the "fumble" on film and, indeed, the ball was actually out of Montari's hands BEFORE his knee hit the ground. A LOCAL photographer from Waterloo media, to boot!

Irrespective of the calls, we all witnessed an absolutely riveting, emotion-filled, draining football classic. Good luck to both UNI & Delaware. It should be close and entertaining -- probably just not as magical as the UNI vs UNH passion play.

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 25th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I wish we could hear from Eric Sanders in the post game show. The Corey Lewis interview was awesome that kid is great!

On the way back after the game, I listened to Corey Lewis' radio interview. He was fantastic -- well spoken, humble, fun, cool. Must be a great kid. Great spokesman for the UNI program. xthumbsupx

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 25th, 2007, 10:39 PM
UNH Defense BLEW IT!!

Not really. Eric Sanders won it. Give credit where credit is due.

Purple For Life
November 25th, 2007, 10:53 PM
On the way back after the game, I listened to Corey Lewis' radio interview. He was fantastic -- well spoken, humble, fun, cool. Must be a great kid. Great spokesman for the UNI program. xthumbsupx

So you got to hear the "chickin' in a basket" bit? I was laughing in my car trying to fight the traffic out.

What did you think of the Dome?

DOME
November 25th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Best game I've ever been to!
Said hi to a few UNH fans, nice bunch. I will note that a couple of them were drinking Goose Island and that brewery was founded and is still run by a UNI Alum.
C'mon Blue Hens!!

UNHWILDCATS05
November 26th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Wow... well I still can't speak... and I can't stop replaying that last 1:12 in my mind... but what an incredible game... definitely up there as one of the best I have ever been too... Loved the dome, the atmosphere was great. I was very impressed by how loud the crowd got at the right times (i.e. not when UNI was on offense and it seemed on every third down for UNH)... also, everyone out there that we met was great... especially great to meet PantherRob... I am very proud of the team... they gave it their all and showed EVERYONE that they deserved to be in the playoff field... Rickey will be missed, but I am already excited for next year and counting down the days...

Now onto hockey season... GO CATS!!!

UNIFanSince1983
November 26th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Still curious if anyone has that on VHS or DVD that they can let me borrow or get me a copy of? I would be very very appriciative if you could do that for me.

Purple For Life
November 26th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Oh yeah...you guys do hockey up there!

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2007, 05:49 PM
you can have as long a drives as you want, but if Santos can drive down when he has the ball then it wont matter. high or low scoring, I really think this game will come down to who has the ball last.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Good call

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah, but a lot of folks could say that UNH don't deserve to be in the play-offs this year too. Thank God they had the UMass AD in their pocket. xthumbsupx xbeerchugx

AS for last year, that was last year and the Panthers are using that as motivation to prove just how good they are on a national level just not in the Gateway.

If you want to compare 7 and 4 teams...I would put last years 7-4 Panthers up against this years 7-4 Wildcats any day of the week. You'd probably have a better chance due to Sander's injury.

When you wanna play?

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Just got back from UNI.

Great place for college football.

Love the new basketball court.

Great game...great time.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2007, 06:09 PM
I'm going to try out for UNH's defense next season. 5'10, 148 DT? I'm sure I'd help.

I'd show up to watch your try out.xsmiley_wix

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Well we'll see what the second half brings. UNI has given up 2 second half touchdowns in the last 5 weeks.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

But you score alot tooxmadx xmadx

blukeys
November 26th, 2007, 06:19 PM
So the big question is. Did UNH belong in this game or was this a plot by the UMASS AD to put 5 CAA teams in the playoffs?

The second questin is: Why is everyone ragging on UNH getting into the playoffs and not Eastern Illinois????

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Well, Santos, time to try and do what no one else has done against us all year. Score more than 30 (actually 24)

I said before the game we needed 40...and thought they could do itxpeacex

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2007, 07:00 PM

I just read thru this whole thread and thats one point that stuck out.

"We left points on the field" and "we can't stop any body".

There were great plays made by both teams on both sides of the ball.

This ain't gymnastics...there are 11 other guys out there trying to not let you do what you want to do.

Sometime you need to tip your cap to the play of the other guys.xpeacex

newsbreaker
November 26th, 2007, 07:02 PM
york, missing two field goals and going for it on 4th down inside FG range two other times has nothing to do with the other 11 guys...those are all on us.

D1B
November 26th, 2007, 07:03 PM
So the big question is. Did UNH belong in this game or was this a plot by the UMASS AD to put 5 CAA teams in the playoffs?

The second questin is: Why is everyone ragging on UNH getting into the playoffs and not Eastern Illinois????

Many, knowlegable posters thought UNI got jipped getting UNH and not Eastern Illinois. Souther should have been playing UNH.

I though UNH was going to win the game as soon as the brackets were announced. Thankfully I was wrong.

No one, outside of the OVC thinks much of anyone in that conference. It's a hair above the SWAC or MEAC. In fact I think the MEAC and OVC should hava a play in game the week after the final regular season game, winner is the 16th team. Give the other 15 teams, an additional week break before the playoffs really begin.

unicat87
November 26th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Just got back from UNI.

Great place for college football.

Love the new basketball court.

Great game...great time.

I'm happy you enjoyed visiting UNI. And a tip of the hat to UNH for a hard-fought game. -unicat87

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2007, 07:25 PM
york, missing two field goals and going for it on 4th down inside FG range two other times has nothing to do with the other 11 guys...those are all on us.

We missed one too...had 1st and goal...it happens.

I did question not kicking the feild goal on 4th but coach makes the call and you live (or die) with it.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I'm happy you enjoyed visiting UNI. And a tip of the hat to UNH for a hard-fought game. -unicat87

Did I talk to you before the game?

Are you the guy with the purple and yellow knit beer coozie?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 26th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Said hi to a few UNH fans, nice bunch. I will note that a couple of them were drinking Goose Island and that brewery was founded and is still run by a UNI Alum.
C'mon Blue Hens!!

That was me! I went to the Goose Island Brewery last season while on my Northwestern trip so I bought a six pack when I saw it in the store in Waterloo. I had no idea Goose Island was founded and run by a UNI Alum. I don't think that is a curse like going to Crapsville before your team loses though! :p :p xlolx xlolx xlolx

BTW, that Honker's Ale was fantastic!!!! Did you notice that I switched to Leinenkuegel after you told me that fact? xnodx xrotatehx xlolx

Just got back to a computer after the long travel. It was a very long drive to St. Louis Sunday after drowning the sorrows Saturday night!! And now it feels like I've been reading this thread for two hours!!!

Great to meet Panther Rob and Jay 79!!! As well as many other folks in Panther Nation. Will try to write more tomorrow.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 26th, 2007, 11:34 PM
UNH Defense BLEW IT!!

Having seen the game in person, I have to agree with VT 53. While I'm just as frustrated as everybody else, I prefer to look at the finish as UNI won the game, UNH didn't lose it.

I recall talking with UNHWILDCATS05 after the game about how many completed passes there were on that final drive where the UNI receiver went down to a knee immediately after the catch (and first down so the clock stopped) to save time. There were at least two occurrences and running for a couple extra yards could have wasted those final seconds!

But what is most surprising is nobody is talking about the play that IMHO won the game for UNI. Sanders was about to be sacked (remember, no timouts left) and he throws this awful wounded duck type throw forward and in the vicinity of a receiver to avoid a penalty. Incomplete pass stopped the clock. If he got sacked, I'm not sure UNI has enough time left to complete the drive. My hat's off to Eric Sanders, that was one heady play right there!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx Multiple outstanding plays by UNI on that drive.

The person who said whoever had the ball last wins was spot on!!

TCisMYhero
November 26th, 2007, 11:44 PM
http://www.dollytakesthecake.com/Music/TheCatch.mp3

JayJ79
November 27th, 2007, 12:11 AM
But what is most surprising is nobody is talking about the play that IMHO won the game for UNI. Sanders was about to be sacked (remember, no timouts left) and he throws this awful wounded duck type throw forward and in the vicinity of a receiver to avoid a penalty. Incomplete pass stopped the clock. If he got sacked, I'm not sure UNI has enough time left to complete the drive. My hat's off to Eric Sanders, that was one heady play right there!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx Multiple outstanding plays by UNI on that drive.

If it's the play I'm thinking of, from what I hear, Sanders even threw that left handed. And whether it was near a receiver or not is moot, as he was outside the tackle box, so all he had to do was get it past the line of scrimmage.

blukeys
November 27th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Many, knowlegable posters thought UNI got jipped getting UNH and not Eastern Illinois. Souther should have been playing UNH.

I though UNH was going to win the game as soon as the brackets were announced. Thankfully I was wrong.

No one, outside of the OVC thinks much of anyone in that conference. It's a hair above the SWAC or MEAC. In fact I think the MEAC and OVC should hava a play in game the week after the final regular season game, winner is the 16th team. Give the other 15 teams, an additional week break before the playoffs really begin.

A very good idea.

For the record it is my view that Eastern Illinois should have never been picked for the playoffs period. I am totally opposed to 2 teams from the OVC or MEAC being selected until one of these conferences actually wins a playoff game in the 21st century.

In terms of bad picks for the playoffs UNH is head and shoulders above Eastern Illiniois based solely on performance. UNH proved they belong on the field on Saturday. EIU and EKU did what OVC teams do. LOSE.

I am continually amazed that Southern Conference advocates continue to rip UNH for taking the "GSU SPOT" in the playoffs. Those who do so are just demonstrating a blind bigotry and hatred of the CAA. The fact is UNH showed on the field that they were a quality team. Those SoCON UNH rippers are just PO'd that the CAA had 5 teams picked. They never looked at the rest of the field to realize that EIU had no business in this field above teams like UNH, NOVA, and GSU.

UNHWILDCATS05
November 27th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Oh yeah...you guys do hockey up there!

#6 in the country baby!!! - Thank GOD I have something else to throw myself into!!

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 27th, 2007, 09:56 AM
http://www.dollytakesthecake.com/Music/TheCatch.mp3

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 27th, 2007, 11:07 AM
If it's the play I'm thinking of, from what I hear, Sanders even threw that left handed. And whether it was near a receiver or not is moot, as he was outside the tackle box, so all he had to do was get it past the line of scrimmage.

JMHO, but getting it past the line of scrimmage was a challenge! If he did throw it left handed, then he should be getting even more kudos for a terrific play!

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 27th, 2007, 11:10 AM
JMHO, but getting it past the line of scrimmage was a challenge! If he did throw it left handed, then he should be getting even more kudos for a terrific play!

He did

WrenFGun
November 27th, 2007, 12:49 PM
I'm about as devastated as I can possibly be, and I've been avoiding this thread like the plague for the last three days. Between UMass, twice, last season, NU, UNI, Richmond...I'm not sure how much more I can take of this. Congratulations to UNH for making a game of it when not many thought they would. It's a shame our defense couldn't cut it, as per the norm.

Good luck to Northern Iowa. You've got a game bunch and you beat us at our best. I hope the CAA proved the pundits wrong. 3 Wins, almost 2 more. I'm going back into my shell, now.

Purple For Life
November 27th, 2007, 01:02 PM

He did, and that's why he's a stud. xthumbsupx Always comes through in the clutch. xrulesx

unicat87
November 27th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Did I talk to you before the game?

Are you the guy with the purple and yellow knit beer coozie?

No, not me, sorry. I wished I would have gotten the chance to say hello to some of you NH folk, but it didn't happen. I think we have the start (I hope) of a good inter-regional (friendly, and given the Sean Taylor situation, FB rivalries should always be firendly) rivalry. -unicat87

AndrewFU21
November 27th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Anyone have a video clip from that game winning catch?

unigriff
November 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM
its on youtube... search UNI vs. UNH

Skjellyfetti
November 27th, 2007, 03:16 PM
He did, and that's why he's a stud. xthumbsupx Always comes through in the clutch. xrulesx

http://www.alumni.appstate.edu/championship/wallpaper/Images/HunterRun_sm.jpg

xlolx :D

Purple For Life
November 27th, 2007, 05:04 PM
http://www.alumni.appstate.edu/championship/wallpaper/Images/HunterRun_sm.jpg

xlolx :D

Hey, he was a sophomore then. He's learned a couple of things in the two following seasons.

Let's wait until Sunday, eh?

Skjellyfetti
November 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Hey, he was a sophomore then.

You're right. You also said he "always" comes through in the clutch. Just pointing out that on the big stage he did not. Just some harmless ribbing.

Purple For Life
November 27th, 2007, 05:18 PM
You're right. You also said he "always" comes through in the clutch. Just pointing out that on the big stage he did not. Just some harmless ribbing.

Well, from what I have seen this year instead of being an outside spectator in 2005 (SIGH) he's come through in the clutch every time this season.

crunifan
November 27th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I agree COMPLETELY with the Delaware fan that said that Eastern Illinois should be the one being questioned, not New Hampshire. I know that I, along with many other posters thought UNI got one of the hardest (if not the hardest) first round opponent out of the seeds. Luckily we got by.

Also, I want to point out how classy the New Hampshire fans have been. I can't imagine how disappointing it would be to lose like that, and it would be so incredibly easy to get mad and say things like UNH lost it and UNI didn't deserve to win, but you guys have been so complimentary of our team, our dome, and our program. You guys have been class acts! xthumbsupx

Also, who thought it was hilarious that the NCAA decided to show the 2005 National Championship recap on the video board at the end when they did? As if UNI fans weren't pissed enough seeing UNH starting to come back from 10 behind...perfect timing NCAA!

UNHWildCats
November 27th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I agree COMPLETELY with the Delaware fan that said that Eastern Illinois should be the one being questioned, not New Hampshire. I know that I, along with many other posters thought UNI got one of the hardest (if not the hardest) first round opponent out of the seeds. Luckily we got by.

Also, I want to point out how classy the New Hampshire fans have been. I can't imagine how disappointing it would be to lose like that, and it would be so incredibly easy to get mad and say things like UNH lost it and UNI didn't deserve to win, but you guys have been so complimentary of our team, our dome, and our program. You guys have been class acts! xthumbsupx

Also, who thought it was hilarious that the NCAA decided to show the 2005 National Championship recap on the video board at the end when they did? As if UNI fans weren't pissed enough seeing UNH starting to come back from 10 behind...perfect timing NCAA!
For me it was easier to handle the loss the way it had happened as opposed to a blowout, sure in a blowout its just depressing most of the game and with the way it ended there will be what if's running through everyones heads for months, but im happy knowing we could play with anyone anytime. Yes UNH has had a couple bad games, but I think the UNI game proves it was bad games (vs UMass, Northeastern) and not a bad UNH team.

And again, nothing against Delware, but I would be happier seeing UNI win every game now til there champions by 30+ :p

igo4uni
November 27th, 2007, 07:19 PM
but I would be happier seeing UNI win every game now til there champions by 30+ :p

Woo Hoo!! We have an east coast fan!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

WSBE
November 27th, 2007, 08:59 PM

This is my first post in a while because I was travelling over TG & I couldn't log in!! I also couldn't access my email so there was no way even to reset my password. However, I did take babysitting duties Saturday night while the rest of the family went out to dinner. The kids were in bed early of course! So there I was with a few Bud Lights & the UNH radio broadcast streaming live. Circa 1950! It was very cool to follow this thread while the game was on. AGS makes FCS so much better for the real fans. It was really tough to not chime in! I could talk about the game all night but 'you' realize that it's time to move on & appreciate the next round of matchups. As Redsox fans, we know all about "wait till next year". All that said......my response to the kind words of UNI fans; we couldn't say enough about your program, your team, & your fans. To us, we are only envious of what you have created. In very simple terms, I read on this thread last week a UNI fan saying something like "he would be the fat guy in the crowd with the Jonny Gray jersey"....then another UNI fan joked "there would be 100 fat guys in UNI jerseys". That in a nut shell is what is missing at UNH (100 fat guys in Ricky Santos jerseys). We might only have 20. I think that if people in our area realized the potential of UNH football & the caliber of football that is in our backyard; everything would follow. One of the things that blew me away were the pages & pages of threads commenting on the UNH team & especially Ricky Santos...the impressions you all had with your own eyes was overwhelming. Not too many players garner that kind of unsolicited respect for the game, FCS, etc. It blew me away....you guys have the #1 team in the country, still undefeated and just delivered one of the most spectacular finishes of the year; but your focus was on the losing team!? Impressive. Think of what UNI-UNH has created - 2 playoff games in 4 years that went down to the last play....I wish FCS fans would let the selection process rest & just realize that the best teams in FCS made the playoffs...the superstars brought their A-game, the teams colectively delivered better football than FBS is putting on prime time these days; & did it with class. I'm happy to be a part of it. Go CAA the rest of the way. And a reminder to RJ & the rest of the young UNH squad: Ricky's off-season last year started the day after the UMASS loss. That's what it takes.

rcny46
November 27th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Woo Hoo!! We have an east coast fan!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Make that two!xnodx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 27th, 2007, 10:23 PM
C'mon Blue Hens!!

That was me! I went to the Goose Island Brewery last season while on my Northwestern trip so I bought a six pack when I saw it in the store in Waterloo. I had no idea Goose Island was founded and run by a UNI Alum. I don't think that is a curse like going to Crapsville before your team loses though! :p :p xlolx xlolx xlolx

BTW, that Honker's Ale was fantastic!!!! Did you notice that I switched to Leinenkuegel after you told me that fact? xnodx xrotatehx xlolx

Just got back to a computer after the long travel. It was a very long drive to St. Louis Sunday after drowning the sorrows Saturday night!! And now it feels like I've been reading this thread for two hours!!!

Great to meet Panther Rob and Jay 79!!! As well as many other folks in Panther Nation. Will try to write more tomorrow.

Just to be clear, you visited with UNHWILDCATS05 and YorkCounty too. I was absolving them of the purchase of the Goose Island brewskis! :p xlolx

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Just to be clear, you visited with UNHWILDCATS05 and YorkCounty too. I was absolving them of the purchase of the Goose Island brewskis! :p xlolx

It was great to meet all of you. It's too bad it's playoff time. Meeting people isn't as fun when someone's season will be over.

JayJ79
November 28th, 2007, 04:14 AM

Alas, the eyes in the back of his head must have been closed on that play, as he didn't see Murrell behind him as he reached out to knock the ball loose.