PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Race and McFadden

blackfordpu
November 23rd, 2007, 06:48 PM
Did he win the Heisman tonight with his performance against LSU?

31 attempts, 205 yrds, 3 TD
3/5 passing, 34 yrds, 1 TD

SunCoastBlueHen
November 23rd, 2007, 07:04 PM
UF's Tebow wins the Heisman.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2007, 07:19 PM
I think it's going to come down to 4 people Reesing/Daniels, Tebow, White and McFadden. I think Reesing is the sleeper if he has a big game tomorrow night. His numbers are terrific and he could potentially be the QB of an undefeated #1 team. For that reason i would place him over Tebow. White has somewhat of a chance if he lights it up against Uconn and gets some help from some of the others. I believe McFadden is the best player, especially given his play and the team he's on. It'll be interesting.

blackfordpu
November 23rd, 2007, 08:41 PM

Overrated xthumbsupx

NSUDemon98
November 23rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
Did he win the Heisman tonight with his performance against LSU?

31 attempts, 205 yrds, 3 TD
3/5 passing, 34 yrds, 1 TD

Whether he wins the Heisman or not I am now a UA Razorback fan...at least for a little bit.

Screw LSU!!!

blackfordpu
November 23rd, 2007, 09:02 PM
Whether he wins the Heisman or not I am now a UA Razorback fan...at least for a little bit.

Screw LSU!!!

Why so bitter?

SunCoastBlueHen
November 23rd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Overrated xthumbsupx

Why do you feel Tebow is overated?

Show me a statistical comparison that shows someone who is more deserving. xcoolx

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
the Heisman voter at the New Hampshire Union Leader doesnt even have McFadden listed under the honorable mentions. xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

NSUDemon98
November 23rd, 2007, 09:55 PM
Why so bitter?

Same reason SHSU fans hate TAMU and why TxSt fans hate UT.

Franks Tanks
November 23rd, 2007, 10:38 PM
McFadden is probably the best player in the country right now. But since the Heisman voters typically ignore this point they will probably just give it to some medicore QB like they usually do.

813Jag
November 24th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Hopefully Tebow's Heisman status will go down tomorrow like Matt Ryan's did a couple of weeks ago. xreadx

blackfordpu
November 24th, 2007, 09:38 AM

While his passer rating is very good he ranks 22nd in the nation in passing yards. When was the last time a QB won the Heisman with numbers like that? He is tied for 10th in passing touchdowns with 26, that puts him even with QBs like Chase Clement from Rice. He is even with a kid from Rice, does he have a chance, I don't think so.

198/249 for a 68.5 completion percentage, however, he ranks 64th in pass attempts. He doesn't throw that much.

As for rushing TDs don't even go there. It is easy to score TDs when you are punching it in from the one yard line each time. If a RB had 45 TDs but only pushed each one in from a yard out does that make him Heisman worthy, no.

Don't get me wrong, he is having an outstanding year but I believe others are more deserving.

Reesing (Kansas) and Daniels (Missouri) are having incredible years and don't even have half the talent around them. Heisman should not be just about the highest profile QB on a high profile team but about the players that elevates his team to a new level. These two QBs have done this and lead their teams to BCS NC heights.

seantaylor
November 24th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Tebow is the best player in the country not named Jayson Foster.

spelunker64
November 24th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Colt Brennen...

ngineer
November 24th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Still some big games left for the others to perform on 'center stage' but McFadden sure is impressive and made a good case.

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM
dont count Matt Ryan out either

NDSUFREAK
November 24th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Darren McFadden deserves it because of that amazing game last night. 4 TDs including throwing for 1....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 24th, 2007, 10:53 PM
IMO McFadden and Pat White are the two most gifted athletes in college football that i've seen. If the award is a truely based on talent and leadership(MVP) then either one of those should win the award. We saw WVU without White against South Florida and Arkansas would be 4-8 without McFadden. I'll be happy if either one of them wins it.

blackfordpu
November 24th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Chase Daniel has got to be in the running after tonight.

SunCoastBlueHen
December 8th, 2007, 08:44 PM

While his passer rating is very good he ranks 22nd in the nation in passing yards. When was the last time a QB won the Heisman with numbers like that? He is tied for 10th in passing touchdowns with 26, that puts him even with QBs like Chase Clement from Rice. He is even with a kid from Rice, does he have a chance, I don't think so.

198/249 for a 68.5 completion percentage, however, he ranks 64th in pass attempts. He doesn't throw that much.

As for rushing TDs don't even go there. It is easy to score TDs when you are punching it in from the one yard line each time. If a RB had 45 TDs but only pushed each one in from a yard out does that make him Heisman worthy, no.

Don't get me wrong, he is having an outstanding year but I believe others are more deserving.

Reesing (Kansas) and Daniels (Missouri) are having incredible years and don't even have half the talent around them. Heisman should not be just about the highest profile QB on a high profile team but about the players that elevates his team to a new level. These two QBs have done this and lead their teams to BCS NC heights.

Told Ya. :D

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Running backs have to have ridiculously high stats to win the heisman. The last runningback to win it is Reggie Bush, who played on a team with a great passing game. Wide receivers have to be even more ridiculously prolific. The heisman trophy ought to be called "the best quarterback" trophy.