PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas vs LSU...CBS

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 04:56 PM
This has been a great game so far and LSU just got a TD called back after an ineligible reciever down field....Tied 21-21 8 mins in the 4th....

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 04:58 PM
LSU continues to shoot themselves in the foot

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:06 PM
TOUCHDOWN ARKANSAS!!!! 28-21 with 5 mins to go

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Now LSU is in the red zone threatening to score...

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:13 PM
3rd and goal for LSU with 1:10 to go

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:16 PM
4th down for LSU...

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
OHH MY GOODNESS!!!! RIGHT BEFORE A POTENTIAL TD ARKANSAS CALLS A TIMEOUT!! NO TD FOR LSU!! Still 4th and Goal for LSU

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:21 PM
WOW, NOOOWWW LSU scores a TD...a pass nearly dropped

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:22 PM
IS ANYONE WATCHING THIS GAME OR WHAT!!??

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:29 PM
Game going to overtime

Peems
November 23rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
I'm watching, just rather watch it than post about it

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:32 PM
i'm just showing my excitement for the game :D

Peems
November 23rd, 2007, 05:35 PM
It is exciting. GO HOGS!!!

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:39 PM
4th down for Arkansas..

DuckDuckGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 05:40 PM
LSU pulling it out of their ass every week is getting obnoxious.

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
first down hogs!!

DuckDuckGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 05:43 PM
Darren McFadden for Heisman I say after this one. Holy moly.

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:44 PM
2nd and 10

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:45 PM
TOUCHDOWN ARKANSAS!!!!!!!

DuckDuckGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 05:48 PM
Watching LSU fans who keep thinking the game is over - doing the thing where they raise their arms then put them over their head. It's humorous.

DuckDuckGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 05:48 PM
It feels like Arkansas has been pulling everything out of their play book for this one.

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:49 PM
Another TOUCHDOWN for McFadden!!!! 41-35 Arkansas!!

NDSUFREAK
It feels like Arkansas has been pulling everything out of their play book for this one.

I definitely think that same thing. Especially the Hog Formation

Peems
McFadden is making LSU look like MTSU

DuckDuckGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 05:50 PM
Can LSU pull another miracle

DuckDuckGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 05:51 PM
Flynn can thank his receivers / tight end for saving his @$$ multiple times in this one. They are fighting hard.

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:52 PM
stuffed on the qb run....3rd and goal

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:53 PM
touchdown lsu

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:54 PM
"Another normal night in Baton Rouge....UFF DA!!"
haha, we've got a norweigian in the house :D

DuckDuckGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
Wonder how many years this team has shaved off the life of LSU fans.

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 05:59 PM
new set of downs for the hogs

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 06:00 PM
TOUCHDOWN RAZORBACKS!!!
3rd OT so 2 point conversion coming

DuckDuckGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 06:00 PM
touchdown

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 06:02 PM
2 point conversion gooooood!

DuckDuckGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 06:03 PM
Jesus is Arkansas going to cover the receivers underneath sometime

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
geez, LSU scores a td as well....need the 2 pointer

DuckDuckGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 06:05 PM
wowwwwwwwwww

NDSUFREAK
2 pointer no good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LSU LOSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

DuckDuckGriz
Man I hate it when players do that "shush thing" especially after a game.

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Man I hate it when players do that "shush thing" especially after a game.

haha, who cares, they won!

Zoo
November 23rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
Awesome game to watch! :D Good game by both teams.

Arkansas prevails in 3 OT's, 50-48 over LSU.

catamount man
November 23rd, 2007, 06:22 PM
woo pig sooey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Hawgs!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

blackfordpu
November 23rd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Great game, one of the best of the year.

Now what in the BCS? Any way Kansas and Mizzou play in the championship game too, like UM and OSU almost did last season?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2007, 07:03 PM
For the love of god i hope Ohio State does not get to sleeze their way into the title game. I don't think i can handle another Buckeye borefest. Them making it would be as bad as Nebraska in '01 and Oklahoma in '03. I am deffinately hoping for a Kansas/Missouri vs. West Virginia title game.

CosmoVixen24
November 23rd, 2007, 10:01 PM
I'm an LSU fan, and even had/have friends play, but my God, I'm so sick and tired of watching them barely get by week by week. Arkansas deserved to win, and I totally give them that game. I've officially lost three years off of my life xsmhx

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 01:08 AM
I'm an LSU fan, and even had/have friends play, but my God, I'm so sick and tired of watching them barely get by week by week. Arkansas deserved to win, and I totally give them that game. I've officially lost three years off of my life xsmhx

LSU needs to play Bon Jovi's "Livin on the Edge" at their games from now on. Gotta hand it to them though they get it done when they need to (except tonight) - good luck in the SEC title game.

813Jag
November 24th, 2007, 06:56 AM
It feels so good to come home and watch the Tigers get beat. xlolx Baton Rouge was so quiet last night.

Ivytalk
November 24th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Arkansas just had its way with the LSU defense last night. The Tigers couldn't get the big stop down the stretch against the Razorbacks' "big 3."

buckp
November 24th, 2007, 08:24 AM
I'm an LSU fan, and even had/have friends play, but my God, I'm so sick and tired of watching them barely get by week by week....

Totally agree! You can't consistently win that way and it finally caught up with the Tigers. :o

....I've officially lost three years off of my life xsmhx

I feel drained also....;)

CosmoVixen24
November 24th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Totally agree! You can't consistently win that way and it finally caught up with the Tigers. :o

You've got that right!

I feel drained also....;)

So do I... and it's now Saturday morning!

CosmoVixen24
November 24th, 2007, 08:43 AM
LSU needs to play Bon Jovi's "Livin on the Edge" at their games from now on. Gotta hand it to them though they get it done when they need to (except tonight) - good luck in the SEC title game.

True. Very true. They've had a very good season. Can't wait for the SEC title game!

seantaylor
November 24th, 2007, 09:50 AM
LSU is the most overated team in the country. They are going to get drilled in their BCS game.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 11:43 AM
LSU is the most overated team in the country. They are going to get drilled in their BCS game.

I will be willing to bet that they don't.

CopperCat
November 24th, 2007, 11:55 AM

Arizona St. was overrated. They got trounced by USC. LSU plays legitimate teams week in and week out. They are tested every single time they take the field. I'm not so sure you can say that about the Pac-10. LSU certainly has some issues they need to shore up, but they are NOT overrated.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Arizona St. was overrated. They got trounced by USC. LSU plays legitimate teams week in and week out. They are tested every single time they take the field. I'm not so sure you can say that about the Pac-10. LSU certainly has some issues they need to shore up, but they are NOT overrated.

USC would take anyone at this point - to say the Pac 10 is not battle tested is just speculation xcoffeex

CopperCat
November 24th, 2007, 12:11 PM
USC would take anyone at this point - to say the Pac 10 is not battle tested is just speculation xcoffeex

I vehemently disagree. If USC or Oregon played either division of the SEC, they probably would find themselves in the Meineke Car Care Bowl, not the BCS.

And btw, as of right now, only half of the Pac 10 is bowl eligible. Every team except for two (Vandy and Mississippi) in the SEC are bowl eligible. I know that doesn't tell the whole story, but it still makes you think.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 12:18 PM
I vehemently disagree. If USC or Oregon played either division of the SEC, they probably would find themselves in the Meineke Car Care Bowl, not the BCS.

And btw, as of right now, only half of the Pac 10 is bowl eligible. Every team except for two (Vandy and Mississippi) in the SEC are bowl eligible. I know that doesn't tell the whole story, but it still makes you think.

Do you really expect me or anyone to believe that USC wouldn't be successful in the SEC?

It's hard to have a winning season when Pac 10 teams have been beating eachother. Case in point California - rolled through their OOC schedule (including SEC Tennessee) and now will be lucky to finish in the top 4 of the Pac 10. Oregon also dominated their OOC and have 2 losses in the Pac 10 - if they were fully healthy it would be tough for a team like LSU (who, judging from last night, struggles against versatile running tandems) - they would have had a decent shot.

CollegeSportsInfo
November 24th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I have ABC West and ABC East and neither showed the game. Had to watch it online.

I was actually putting together a quick update on the final 5 teams in the BCS Hunt during that game and had to change it to 4 right before posting.

BCS Championship Predictions: Final 4 and Playoff Drums (http://collegesportsinfo.com/blog)

NDSUFREAK
November 24th, 2007, 04:18 PM

ASU is NOT overrated. A USC team that played like that on Thursday could beat anyone in the country. USC was healthy on both sides of the ball. ASU is a legit team

seantaylor
November 24th, 2007, 05:29 PM
USC would take LSU to the woodshed. Vandy got drilled at home today to Weak Forest. Go SEC.

CosmoVixen24
November 25th, 2007, 06:18 AM

Ditto! Right there with you! I think they can be better coached as well, but they are very talented. Overrated is FAR from the truth xnodx

CosmoVixen24
November 25th, 2007, 06:22 AM
USC would take LSU to the woodshed. Vandy got drilled at home today to Weak Forest. Go SEC.

I don't think that would be the case...

GeauxColonels
November 25th, 2007, 11:25 AM
There's the problem with your argument right there. You're using VANDY against Wake Forest to test the strength of the league?! That would be like saying that a Stanford win over Baylor would prove that the Pac-10 is better then the Big XII. You CAN'T judge them like that.

I have no doubt that USC could compete in any league in the country and be successful so I'll leave it at that.

But looking at LSU, if their D-coordinator had any balls he would have blitzed the Hogs when Casey Dick was in at QB which would have definitely changes the game. Instead, he had as much time as he wanted to and it showed. ANY QB with that much time would be as successful as him.

As far as McFadden, he should have won the Heisman LAST YEAR and Arkansas would have beaten the Tigers in Little Rock had Houston Nutt and his team let McFadden play like they did this year. It's not that LSU has problems with teams that have dual running threats, it's that they have problems against McFadden and Felix Jones. These 2 guys are INCREDIBLE and I will be ecstatic when they're gone.

That being said, you all that watched the game saw how many times the Tigers shot themselves in the foot with dropped passes, bad throws and stupid penalties....and it took 3 OVERTIMES to beat them. I'm not sure on this, but - besides Hawai'i - LSU may be the only team in the country that hasn't lost a game in regulation. Both losses are 3OT losses to good teams when the Tigers played probably their worst games of the season.

That being said, they don't deserve a shot at the BCS title even if WVU somehow loses to Pitt and Oklahoma beats Missouri in the Big XII title game.

I hope Bo Pelini goes to Nebraska and gives up 80 points to Iowa State. The way his defense has played in the last half of the season reminds me of his first game against Arizona State in Tempe right after Katrina. The Sun Devils ate up the field through the air and LSU needed several miravles to squeak out the win. They gave all kinds of excuses that the players needed to learn his defense and the hectic 2 weeks prior to the game were big factors...but we now know that that was his TRUE defensive scheme - sit back and let opposing teams sling it down field while he looks completely dumbfounded on the sideline. Absolutely PATHETIC!!!!

seantaylor
November 25th, 2007, 04:22 PM
There's the problem with your argument right there. You're using VANDY against Wake Forest to test the strength of the league?! That would be like saying that a Stanford win over Baylor would prove that the Pac-10 is better then the Big XII. You CAN'T judge them like that.

I have no doubt that USC could compete in any league in the country and be successful so I'll leave it at that.

But looking at LSU, if their D-coordinator had any balls he would have blitzed the Hogs when Casey Dick was in at QB which would have definitely changes the game. Instead, he had as much time as he wanted to and it showed. ANY QB with that much time would be as successful as him.

As far as McFadden, he should have won the Heisman LAST YEAR and Arkansas would have beaten the Tigers in Little Rock had Houston Nutt and his team let McFadden play like they did this year. It's not that LSU has problems with teams that have dual running threats, it's that they have problems against McFadden and Felix Jones. These 2 guys are INCREDIBLE and I will be ecstatic when they're gone.

That being said, you all that watched the game saw how many times the Tigers shot themselves in the foot with dropped passes, bad throws and stupid penalties....and it took 3 OVERTIMES to beat them. I'm not sure on this, but - besides Hawai'i - LSU may be the only team in the country that hasn't lost a game in regulation. Both losses are 3OT losses to good teams when the Tigers played probably their worst games of the season.

That being said, they don't deserve a shot at the BCS title even if WVU somehow loses to Pitt and Oklahoma beats Missouri in the Big XII title game.

I hope Bo Pelini goes to Nebraska and gives up 80 points to Iowa State. The way his defense has played in the last half of the season reminds me of his first game against Arizona State in Tempe right after Katrina. The Sun Devils ate up the field through the air and LSU needed several miravles to squeak out the win. They gave all kinds of excuses that the players needed to learn his defense and the hectic 2 weeks prior to the game were big factors...but we now know that that was his TRUE defensive scheme - sit back and let opposing teams sling it down field while he looks completely dumbfounded on the sideline. Absolutely PATHETIC!!!!

Okay. How about USC losing at home to Clemson?