PDA

View Full Version : Delaware State (10-1) at Delaware (8-3) - PLAYOFF GAME THREAD

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Joe, good luck to the Rams tomorow.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Unless you have coached and played where you can offer:

-talent was in favor of UD
-execution by DSU was awful
-nerves go the best of DSU
-DSU was slower
-DSU won their games in dramatic fashion against weaker opponents.

If you are a journalist, I would agree that what you wrote would be the way to go.

As a football FAN...and students of the game, many of us are beyond disappointed.I have coached and played. Your take was posted here already. No need to be too repetitive as you try to smack me. xrolleyesx This isn't smack on me day, it is discuss the game day. xreadx

Dane96
November 23rd, 2007, 03:30 PM
Yes...DSU should be very proud of their season.

igo4uni
DUDE, you have 732 post in one month.........self controlxrulesx

................I won't even say it...............xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

RationalGriz
Saying why you think that would help.

What game are you watching. Even if DSU does not turn the ball over, this game is not close. Delaware defense is miles better than the DSU offense, and vice-versa.

Dane96
I have coached and played. Your take was posted here already. No need to be too repetitive as you try to smack me. xrolleyesx This isn't smack on me day, it is discuss the game day. xreadx

I honestly wasn't smacking you at all...just bringing the point of others.

Curious, where have you coached and played? In all seriousness.

AZGrizFan
November 23rd, 2007, 03:31 PM
smack ---------------------->

Do you guys have any self control or respect?

It's not smack if it's true. Besides, we're all entitled to our opinion....our just happens to be right! xlolx xlolx xlolx

As expected, DSU didn't belong in the playoffs... xcoolx xcoolx

RadMann
November 23rd, 2007, 03:31 PM
Agreed. Congratulations to Delaware State on a great season.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2007, 03:32 PM
So you are telling me, that it is unreasonable to assume that this game is a joke because Delaware has basically put up 44 unanswered points on the supposed #10 team in the nation? That this number ten team has not effectively ran, passed, or really done anything against a lower ranked team?

My reasoned thought is telling me that the number ten team in FCS should be able to at least score ONE touchdown...or even ONE field goal against a lower ranked opponent. Not get completely blown out, where your only points come after the Blue Hens took out their first string.

I can understand you trying defend the Hornets players, they have undoubtedly worked hard this year. But they have just played flat out horrible.Those are poll ranks, DSU was rated #27, UD #10. I am not defending any one but trying to tell these smackers to keep that stuff where it belongs.............. not on this board.

Mountaineer
November 23rd, 2007, 03:32 PM
Saying the Hornets have had a great season (which they have) and should be proud (they should) doesn't mean that they deserved a spot in the round of sixteen.

Fumble..Del recovers..

Dane96
November 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
Mr. Zen himself, Phil Jackson, analyzes teams all day-- not considered smack.

In any event, this game was a combo of two things...just like the ESPN announcers stated:

-buzz saw of UD right now
-overmatched

As Donnan is saying, DSU gets credit...but UD is the better team.

Let's see if these two teams can meet again soon...would be great for the state of Delaware.

Syntax Error
It's not smack if it's true. Besides, we're all entitled to our opinion....our just happens to be right! xlolx xlolx xlolx
As expected, DSU didn't belong in the playoffs... xcoolx xcoolxMore typical. Smack and give unreasoned opinion and claim it is fine here. Wrong. Read the definition. Smack goes on the smack board. Unreasoned opinion tends to mean spouting of the ignorant.

Syntax Error
Under 3 minutes to go, 44-7 UD leading DSU

JoltinJoe
November 23rd, 2007, 03:35 PM
Joe, good luck to the Rams tomorow.

Thanks. I think we're seeing today just how good the CAA is.

We need to play our best tomorrow.

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
Congrats Hens...Onto the next round!

AZGrizFan
More typical. Smack and give unreasoned opinion and claim it is fine here. Wrong. Read the definition. Smack goes on the smack board. Unreasoned opinion tends to mean spouting of the ignorant.

As opposed to koolaid-drinking blindness to the obvious?

Tell me ONE thing DSU did today that showed they belonged on the same field as the Hens. Just one.... xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

Dane96
Congrats to 89Hen, Henfan, and all the others in Blue Hen land- Good luck in round 2!

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2007, 03:37 PM

Tell me ONE thing DSU did today that showed they belonged on the same field as the Hens. Just one.... xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex
they did eventually get a TD, does that count? :D

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2007, 03:37 PM
Congrats to 89Hen, Henfan, and all the others in Blue Hen land- Good luck in round 2!
nah, the Santos Nightmare for Hen fans will continue next weekend :p

RationalGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 03:38 PM
I am not going to say that DSU did not belong in the playoffs, because as the winner of the MEAC they did. But the outcome of the game does not surprise me.

Pards Rule
Thanks. I think we're seeing today just how good the CAA is.

We need to play our best tomorrow.

Indeed..we hung in there with UMASS for nearly all of 3 quarters. We really missed our 6-5 receiver Joe Ort who had to leave the game with back spasms early in the 2nd quarter. You need your whole artillery for UMASS bro!!

Syntax Error
Tell me ONE thing DSU did today that showed they belonged on the same field as the Hens. Just one.... xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeexGo away. We are watching football here and trying to talk about it without smackers.

RationalGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 03:39 PM
Go away. We are watching football here and trying to talk about it without smackers.

I am not seeing any smack, he asked you a question.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2007, 03:40 PM
FINAL UD 44 DSU 7

Now take all your anti-MEAC smack to the smack board

UNHWildCats
Go away. We are watching football here and trying to talk about it without smackers.
But uis it really smack ones its proven as a fact? Dont get mad, honest question.

Pards Rule
Game over 44-7 Delaware FINAL

igo4uni
I am not seeing any smack, he asked you a question.

I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2007, 03:41 PM
I am not seeing any smack, he asked you a question.I didn't see a question mark. Here's one for you, how many games involving MEAC teams have you seen this year?

JoltinJoe
November 23rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
Saying the Hornets have had a great season (which they have) and should be proud (they should) doesn't mean that they deserved a spot in the round of sixteen.

Fumble..Del recovers..

No need to kick a team when it's down, though.

Pards Rule
Syntax, good season for the Hornets...I feel sorry for the coach. He looks like a class guy.

Dane96
We are talking about it.

DSU could not stop ANY gap penetration by UD. They had zero answer for Flacco...but not many teams have this year...the kid is amazing. It takes a top notch D to confuse that kid...and there are few out there.

I think DSU did a good job in the second half adjusting. 2nd string or 1st...those kids came out and competed in the 2nd half for DSU.

Nice classy shake of hands by two very good coaches. What they have done in DSU in a short time...is pretty darn impressive.

Tribe4SF
Sad to see the disparity in this game. I was surprised by the extent of the talent differential in this one. I knew our league was good this year, but I didn't see this coming.

Let's roll CAA, and make it 5 for 5 this week!xthumbsupx

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Lets see these 2 teams play again....

Dane96
November 23rd, 2007, 03:44 PM
Ditto, NDSUFreak.

RationalGriz
I have seen several on tv. How many have you seen? What during the season had you seen, including today, to suggest that what happened today to DSU, and for the matter, the entire MEAC, to suggest that today was a bad day for DSU, and would not be the norm.

Syntax Error
But uis it really smack ones its proven as a fact? Dont get mad, honest question.Yes, it is smack to say that the MEAC does not deserve an AQ based on this game.

Bye everybody!

Great game UD!!!!! Better luck next year DSU and congrats on a magical season!!!!!!!!!! You finally got in the door at Delaware Stadium, hope it's not the last time!

wapiti
Lets see these 2 teams play again....

and make it a yearly occurence

cats2506
I didn't see a question mark. Here's one for you, how many games involving MEAC teams have you seen this year?

One, but they didnt look very good to me. Your point?

Dane96
November 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Wait-- It was not smack for all these years to say the NEC doesnt deserve an auto-bid?

Double standard- SAD!

That being said, I am not an advocate of taking away autos-- just adding it. But that is for another thread.

UDChE89
November 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Well, the game's over (I'm in upstate NY and was watching the game with my youngest brother who went to two UD games while I was in school). I was hoping for a closer game but feared that what did happen would happen.

DSU should be proud for what they accomplished this year. They won a few by the skin of their teeth and the ball bounced their way a few times this year. Didn't really happen that way this time around.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 23rd, 2007, 03:48 PM
Taking a step back here - I was less than impressed with the Delaware second / third string offensive line play. xmadx

That doesn't bode so well for next season.

blackfordpu
November 23rd, 2007, 03:50 PM
What the hell happened in this game?

Was anyone expecting that outcome?

SunCoastBlueHen
November 23rd, 2007, 03:52 PM

The obvious difference was line play. The Hornets couldn't match up physically.

RadMann
November 23rd, 2007, 03:54 PM
DSU had a big line, but they were big and slow.

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Congrats Suncoast! I guess you will have UNH next up?

andy7171
November 23rd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Well Congrats to Delaware and especially the Blue Hen coaching staff for getting the teams head straight after two losses. THAT was the team that smoked my Tigers!

And YES on paper, THAT was the outcome we all expected, at least those of us who follow the CAA and MEAC.

Alos Congrats to Del State on a great year. DSUHornet, you have NOTHING to be ashamed of. Great season!

Monarch History
November 23rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Great win for Delaware and the CAA.xnodx
Hope the many injuries to Delaware starters were not to serious.xsmhx

SunCoastBlueHen
November 23rd, 2007, 04:02 PM

I think UNH will be very competitive, but UNI is a damn good football team.

Wildcat757
November 23rd, 2007, 04:05 PM
I am going out on a limb here, but I think the UNH-UNI game will be a little closer than this was.

Barnstormer
November 23rd, 2007, 04:06 PM

UNH has to actually play their game first, dont ya think?

Jaxhen
November 23rd, 2007, 04:13 PM
Congrats to Delaware State on a great season. Keep your heads up. Al Lavan seems like a classy coach.

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2007, 04:16 PM
UNH has to actually play their game first, dont ya think?

Whats the spread on Sagarin on this one??

YoUDeeMan
November 23rd, 2007, 04:16 PM
Congrats to Delaware State on a great season. Keep your heads up. Al Lavan seems like a classy coach.

Lavan is a class act and he has DSU headed in the right direction. xnodx xthumbsupx

cougarpines
November 23rd, 2007, 04:21 PM
I think UNH will be very competitive, but UNI is a damn good football team.

Good luck tomorrow UNH. UD would love to see you next week (in the nost sincere terms).

blukeys
November 23rd, 2007, 04:22 PM
I didn't see a question mark. Here's one for you, how many games involving MEAC teams have you seen this year?

I have attended two games this year prior to today at UD. How many have you attended????

For the record I was not surprised by the UD-DSU result. The MEAC is much inferior to the CAA. Today's game which pitted the 3rd or 4th best CAA team against the MEAC champion is illustrative of the difference between the CAA and the MEAC.

The MEAC lost by 30 + points to the CAA 3rd or 4th place team. The MEAC REP could not get any offensive yardage against the 3rd place team in the South Division of the CAA. One needs to draw their own conclusions.

Syntax Error, give me your expertise regarding MEAC teams. I have been attending MEAC games since the 80's. Tell me more about FAMU, SCSU, HU, and DSU that I don't already know.

I can get DSU tickets for any game you want. I attend games there and at Wesley. What is your commitment south of the CANAL?????

UMass922
November 23rd, 2007, 04:23 PM

Yeah, pretty much. I was hoping it wouldn't be, but I figured DSU would just be overmatched and that turned out to be the case. Still, the Hornets were a great story this year, and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of them.

dgreco
November 23rd, 2007, 04:24 PM
score update?

UDChE89
November 23rd, 2007, 04:25 PM
the refs should have called illegal team on the field.the grizz don't want no part of the hens.

The Griz didn't like their first taste of the Hens....

UDChE89
November 23rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
I attend games there and at Wesley.

Now all UD and DSU fans need to be heading to Dover tomorrow to cheer on Wesley in their playoff game against Muhlenberg. It's amazing that there are only three football playing colleges in Delaware and they're all in the playoffs.

JohnStOnge
November 23rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Whats the spread on Sagarin on this one??

UNI -19.57 by Sagarin
UNI -20 by Dunkel

BlueHen86
November 23rd, 2007, 04:31 PM
score update?
Nothing to update, the score hasn't changed since the game ended.:p

Big Dawg
November 23rd, 2007, 04:42 PM
In typical MEAC fashion the conference champion failed to show up.

What happened the last time ASU met a MEAC champion(okay we weren't the champ that year, but that makes it worse)...FAMU 44 ASU 29

Don't give me that "typical" isht.

blueballs
November 23rd, 2007, 04:43 PM
Best 16 teams huh??? There are 6 teams in the SoCon that would take DSU to the woodshed just like UD did and at least that many in the CAA that would... utterly disgraceful...xnonono2x

SunCoastBlueHen
November 23rd, 2007, 04:43 PM
UNI -19.57 by Sagarin
UNI -20 by Dunkel

I think UNI is certainly the favorite in this game, but I would take UNH and the points per the Sagarin / Dunkel ratings. xnodx

Big Dawg
November 23rd, 2007, 04:45 PM
Regardless of the score today, I think that DSU and UD should make this game an annual ballgame. You're the two biggest schools in the state, just play the game.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2007, 04:47 PM
Tough break. Delaware State could never get in their offense, really. I saw some talented players, but they didn't execute and they really had to if they wanted to win.

I do hope this happens more often. Delaware State would be much more valuable than West Chester to a schedule. Good luck to the MEAC next season, work on that OOC so you're better prepared for these games. I do wonder if perhaps SC. St or Norflolk would've played better, given they both seem a bit more explosive.

Congrats UD.

ChickenMan
November 23rd, 2007, 05:29 PM
I was at the game today and I really can't say that I was surprised by UD's domination.. DSU just doesn't have enough offense to hang with UD. I had seen DSU twice this year and knew that their offense wasn't very impressive. UD's offense had it's 1st 'bad' game of the year last week.. but the Hens were true to form today and that was way too much for DSU.

Houndawg
November 23rd, 2007, 05:32 PM
Best 16 teams huh??? There are 6 teams in the SoCon that would take DSU to the woodshed just like UD did and at least that many in the CAA that would... utterly disgraceful...xnonono2x

And three more in the Gateway. Hell, Indiana State would be licking their chops to get these guys.

strike00
November 23rd, 2007, 05:37 PM
Hell, Indiana State would be licking their chops to get these guys.

Oh come on now, lets not go crazy:p

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 05:43 PM
Now all UD and DSU fans need to be heading to Dover tomorrow to cheer on Wesley in their playoff game against Muhlenberg. It's amazing that there are only three football playing colleges in Delaware and they're all in the playoffs.

Will it be a sellout??

Menudo
November 23rd, 2007, 05:58 PM
I think most us were actually expecting to watch a football game today, not a scrimmage. xthumbsupx

In typical MEAC fashion the conference champion failed to show up.

Hampton may have not won, but we always showed up.

YoUDeeMan
November 23rd, 2007, 06:17 PM
Regardless of the score today, I think that DSU and UD should make this game an annual ballgame. You're the two biggest schools in the state, just play the game.

We did just play the game. xnodx xlolx xlolx

UDChE89
November 23rd, 2007, 06:19 PM
Will it be a sellout??

It's entirely possible... Wesley's in the Div III playoffs for the second or third year in a row.. last year I believe they made it to the semis.. there's at least one former Blue Hen on the team

Big Dawg
November 23rd, 2007, 06:23 PM
We did just play the game. xnodx xlolx xlolx

You know what I mean...xlolx

Make it annual...a friendly little in-state rivalry

SunCoastBlueHen
November 23rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
This is a decent Delaware team, but possibly the best team Delaware State has ever fielded. Based on the outcome, I don't see a real "rivalry" happening at this juncture...

Big Dawg
November 23rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
You're right Delaware State has no where to go but up...why not play them, again.

I mean I don't know the history between UD and West Chester but I'm sure a game against DSU would be much better...plus I think it would be a good thing for the state.

You're the two largest schools in Delaware.

89Hen
November 23rd, 2007, 06:34 PM
This is a decent Delaware team, but possibly the best team Delaware State has ever fielded. Based on the outcome, I don't see a real "rivalry" happening at this juncture...
Just home from the game and this was my first thought. This was probably the best chance DSU would ever have to play UD tough. xeyebrowx

Nice turnout from DSU fans. Largest visiting crowd to ever come to UD and from what I saw, the least amount of smack between fans, players however... the DSU players took the field and came to the North Endzone where they proceeded to try to egg on the fans. What a stupid thing to do. It was clear to me at that point that they were waaaay too emotional for this game.

An interesting note, it seemed DSU had no players between 180 and 280 pounds. Their players were either very slow, huge linemen, or little speedsters, nothing between. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

RadMann
November 23rd, 2007, 06:36 PM
This thread below from the WVU board may give some insight. UD has everything to lose in such a series, financially and otherwise. I almost hate to say it because it sounds as if I have something against DSU. I don't, I just don't think such a series is good for UD's program. Maybe once every 5 years at UD would be ok. Maybe.....

http://westvirginia.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=33&mid=106356355&sid=891&tid=106356355&style=1

89Hen
November 23rd, 2007, 06:37 PM
I'm sure a game against DSU would be much better...
For DSU. The other thing that was clear was that an annual game would be a BAD thing for UD. DSU probably brought 4,000 fans. That's too many when you normally sellout with the opponent bringing 400. If the Hens had trouble selling out, then I'd say the game were a great idea.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Stadium: Delaware Stadium Attendance: 19765

Largest crowd ever for a UD opening round playoff game there

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=89208

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2007, 06:58 PM
by far

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2007, 07:03 PM

Have to be with the Mules on this one - coached by former Lafayette player Mike Donnelly.

BlueHenBoy
November 23rd, 2007, 07:07 PM
The atmosphere under the stands before the game was amazing. A lot of tension between the fans, very friendly though. I wish the game had been closer.

blukeys
November 23rd, 2007, 07:16 PM
The atmosphere under the stands before the game was amazing. A lot of tension between the fans, very friendly though. I wish the game had been closer.

No one cares about all of that. The reports in the paper will say this was a great success and a competitive game. The News Journal will say this needs to be a home and home series otherwise UD is a bunch of racists.

You need to get with the program. UD has some RA's who will get you thinking right!!!!xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

RadMann
November 23rd, 2007, 07:26 PM
Below is an article on the game from a local paper. Some of the comments from readers at the bottom of the page were interesting like the person who said regarding the DSU band "They were fantastic. Allbeit, rude, classless and disrespectful but musically they were more powerful and had much better music.". Now that has to be one of the most back-handed compliments I've ever read. ;)

I wonder what prompted such comments?

http://delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071123/NEWS/71123033

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/112307abv.html

aggie6thman
November 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
I don't know if DSU would want to play another game against Delaware after the result today. Yikes, they looked awful. Guess that solves that question.

FightinBluHen51
November 23rd, 2007, 08:36 PM
Below is an article on the game from a local paper. Some of the comments from readers at the bottom of the page were interesting like the person who said regarding the DSU band "They were fantastic. Allbeit, rude, classless and disrespectful but musically they were more powerful and had much better music.". Now that has to be one of the most back-handed compliments I've ever read. ;)

I wonder what prompted such comments?
That's what happens when your band starts playing while you're on offense, as well as continues to play ridiculously loud and atrociously out of tune when you have a man down on the field. That's not just low class, that's now class.

The fans that I saw in the stands and the few around me were very pleasant (even the lady I had to remind that there wasn't any smoking allowed in the stands). I do wish it had been a bit more competitive, but I rather have a game NOT be close in the playoffs. Roll 'em, rest 'em, repeat.

Ivytalk
November 23rd, 2007, 08:46 PM
From my perch in Section H, Row J, the Hens looked as dominant as anywhere else at The Tub. The Del State fans in my area were friendly enough, but they were obviously frustrated at the outcome. The aisles were crowded all day: too much view-blocking socializin' and not enough game-watchin', IMHO.

Ud1Hens
November 23rd, 2007, 08:58 PM
For anyone who believes that UD's domination of Del. St. solves anything:

The game makes sense that it should be played but clearly these two teams are on different levels talent wise. If this was the score of the game when Del. St. was ranked higher than UD and had a better record, what would have happened if UD played them when UD was top 5 in the nation and Del. St. had 2 or 3 wins like it was in the past? It would have been considered ignorant if UD won big against a program that was trying to find itself once again. I am sure the local media will find another way around the facts (44-7) and say that DSU deserves a rematch in the near future or else UD is scared again. It is only an issue when DSU is "good." Of course DSU wants this game again because they can only go up from that embarassment. Delaware did what they had to do not only to advance but also to shut some loud mouths up.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2007, 09:00 PM
If this was the score of the game when Del. St. was ranked higher than UD and had a better record, what would have happened if UD played them when UD was top 5 in the nation and Del. St. had 2 or 3 wins like it was in the past?AGS man, AGS.

YoUDeeMan
November 23rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
You know what I mean...xlolx

Make it annual...a friendly little in-state rivalry

Why? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

No one has answered my question. If you were a fan of Delaware...the STATE of Delaware...not DSU or UD, then why would you want them to play in the regular season? xconfusedx xconfusedx

Seriously.

I have rooted for both teams for longer than most of the posters on here have been alive. And I've wanted them to play a game.

But even a simple fan can do the math.

It would essientially be a playoff elimination game. If Delaware loses to DSU and doesn't win it's conference, then they probably don't make the playoffs. If DSU loses to UD, and doesn't win their conference, they probably don't make the playoffs.

It really is that simple.

Why hurt either team if you are a serious fan rooting for teams from Delaware?

On the other hand, if you are a UD fan, the game has nothing but negatives. If you are a DSU fan, of course you want a shot at the best. So it is a win for DSU only.

Not exactly a valid reason to play the game annually. xrolleyesx

Hey, I hope they both have success and meet every year in the playoffs. In fact, I hope they are both seeded so that they can meet later...possibly in the championship game.

But don't come in here and claim how it would be good for the state of Delaware to have these two teams play on a regular basis in the regular season. That is flat out bull*****. xnodx

Ud1Hens
November 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Well said Cluck U...it is easy to see a situation from miles away (or in our case, on ESPN) and determine what is right and wrong.

RadMann
November 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Cluck U: You make good points, but I think the even bigger argument against a regular season game is that games would need to be scheduled at Dover every other year, and that is a poor proposition given their facilities. Maybe someday when DSU improves to the point of the two programs being potential true rivals, then it will be time.

SU Jag
November 23rd, 2007, 09:33 PM
That's what happens when your band starts playing while you're on offense, as well as continues to play ridiculously loud and atrociously out of tune when you have a man down on the field. That's not just low class, that's now class.

The fans that I saw in the stands and the few around me were very pleasant (even the lady I had to remind that there wasn't any smoking allowed in the stands). I do wish it had been a bit more competitive, but I rather have a game NOT be close in the playoffs. Roll 'em, rest 'em, repeat.

HBCU bands always play during the game. I'm sorry that you're not use to that!

patssle
November 23rd, 2007, 10:19 PM
I remember a thread that once claimed one of the Delewares refused to play the other. Which one was it? Not trying to start an arguement...genuine question.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2007, 10:20 PM
Why?West Chester. DSU is D-I.

blukeys
November 23rd, 2007, 10:42 PM
HBCU bands always play during the game. I'm sorry that you're not use to that!

Then someone needs to inform them of the NCAA rules in playoff games as that is off limits. xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox

Since our guys can't do it we expect HBCU teams to play by the same rules.

blukeys
November 23rd, 2007, 11:05 PM
Mr. Change the subject Syntax Error called me out on How many MEAC games I attended this year. I responded with the following post. So far He has not responded.

I have attended two games this year prior to today at UD. How many have you attended????

For the record I was not surprised by the UD-DSU result. The MEAC is much inferior to the CAA. Today's game which pitted the 3rd or 4th best CAA team against the MEAC champion is illustrative of the difference between the CAA and the MEAC.

The MEAC lost by 30 + points to the CAA 3rd or 4th place team. The MEAC REP could not get any offensive yardage against the 3rd place team in the South Division of the CAA. One needs to draw their own conclusions.

Syntax Error, give me your expertise regarding MEAC teams. I have been attending MEAC games since the 80's. Tell me more about FAMU, SCSU, HU, and DSU that I don't already know.

I can get DSU tickets for any game you want. I attend games there and at Wesley. What is your commitment south of the CANAL?????

So Mr. Syntax Error when are you going to tell us of your extensive in person knowledge of the MEAC???? Or are you going to chuck and jive as I have seen you do on other threads when knowledgeable folks actually call you out.

In addition to the above I have met and discussed football with 4 of the last 5 DSU Head coaches.

Let's see if Syntax Error continues to ignore this post as he did the last.

BlueHen86
November 23rd, 2007, 11:08 PM
West Chester. DSU is D-I.
West Chester isn't demanding home and home.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2007, 11:13 PM
West Chester isn't demanding home and home.Is DSU? Officially or according to fishwrap?

BlueHen86
November 23rd, 2007, 11:19 PM
Is DSU? Officially or according to fishwrap?
Yes, they have in the past. Also, they want a larger than normal ticket allotment for the games played in Newark.

Personally, I'd prefer DSU over West Chester on the schedule, but DSU is not in a position to make demands on UD. If DSU is willing to agree to the same arrangement as West Chester I'm all for scheduling DSU.

BlueHen86
November 23rd, 2007, 11:20 PM
Is DSU? Officially or according to fishwrap?
Why are you ignoring blukeys?xeyebrowx

blukeys
November 23rd, 2007, 11:45 PM
Why are you ignoring blukeys?xeyebrowx

Because he has no adequate answer!!!!xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2007, 11:50 PM
Because he has no adequate answer!!!!xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx xthumbsupxbluekeys is a pal of mine. Did I miss something?

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2007, 11:54 PM
Yes, they have in the past. Also, they want a larger than normal ticket allotment for the games played in Newark.

Personally, I'd prefer DSU over West Chester on the schedule, but DSU is not in a position to make demands on UD. If DSU is willing to agree to the same arrangement as West Chester I'm all for scheduling DSU.Seems as if DSU travels to UD better than anyone else and you feel they are not in a position to make demands then no one can. Seems rather self-serving but whatever.

pitpen
November 24th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Seems as if DSU travels to UD better than anyone else and you feel they are not in a position to make demands then no one can. Seems rather self-serving but whatever.

According to the official attendance, WCU out attended DSU.xsmiley_wix

Syntax Error
November 24th, 2007, 12:19 AM
According to the official attendance, WCU out attended DSU.xsmiley_wixToday. "The game was played before a Delaware Stadium post-season record crowd of 19,765, the third highest first round attendance in NCAA FCS playoff history."

xnodx

BlueHen86
November 24th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Seems as if DSU travels to UD better than anyone else and you feel they are not in a position to make demands then no one can. Seems rather self-serving but whatever.

Can you back up that statement? West Chester sells out, and they don't ask for a home game or extra tickets.xeyebrowx

By the way EVERY school has the right to be self serving. Unless you are willing to foot their athletic budget you have no right to tell them what to do.xnonono2x

BlueHen86
November 24th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Today. "The game was played before a Delaware Stadium post-season record crowd of 19,765, the third highest first round attendance in NCAA FCS playoff history."

xnodx

And it still didn't out draw the WCU game.

BlueHen86
November 24th, 2007, 12:22 AM
bluekeys is a pal of mine. Did I miss something?

Yeah, you haven't answered his question.

pitpen
November 24th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Today. "The game was played before a Delaware Stadium post-season record crowd of 19,765, the third highest first round attendance in NCAA FCS playoff history."

xnodx

I guess we'll have to wait until WCU moves up to D-I to compare the attendance:)

Big Dawg
November 24th, 2007, 01:06 AM
It would essientially be a playoff elimination game. If Delaware loses to DSU and doesn't win it's conference, then they probably don't make the playoffs. If DSU loses to UD, and doesn't win their conference, they probably don't make the playoffs.
season.

So it's fear that you would slip up and lose to DSU...I figured that much. But how much do you wanna bet that if DSU would've or merely shown up today that this game would have been on future schedules?xcoffeex

Look you two are he ONLY "big" schools in the state...and NO ONE has justified playing West Chester...but hell, it's not my state or my issue. Ya'll do what you feel is best for ya'll.

IMO, though, I do believe that game should be played annually.

pitpen
November 24th, 2007, 01:35 AM
So it's fear that you would slip up and lose to DSU...I figured that much. But how much do you wanna bet that if DSU would've or merely shown up today that this game would have been on future schedules?xcoffeex

Look you two are he ONLY "big" schools in the state...and NO ONE has justified playing West Chester...but hell, it's not my state or my issue. Ya'll do what you feel is best for ya'll.

IMO, though, I do believe that game should be played annually.

I think DSU showed up today. It was tough to tell, though.

Syntax Error
November 24th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Yeah, you haven't answered his question.What question?

Syntax Error
November 24th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Can you back up that statement? West Chester sells out, and they don't ask for a home game or extra tickets.
By the way EVERY school has the right to be self serving. Unless you are willing to foot their athletic budget you have no right to tell them what to do.xnonono2xYes, the DSU game rang up about 5K extra than any previous UD opening round playoff game. Why are you not willing to admit that? West Chester is a regular season game and UD regularly sells them all out, no matter who plays. I have no right and I am not telling UD what to do.

Syntax Error
November 24th, 2007, 01:51 AM
I guess we'll have to wait until WCU moves up to D-I to compare the attendance:):)

Intrepid
November 24th, 2007, 06:47 AM
I was watching the game at work, by halftime it became too painful for me to watch. But there is hope, DSU was 1-10 four years ago and they're improving every year. Al Lavan is doing a great job at DSU and things will get better for years to come. It was a great for the Hornets and for that I said Congratulation to them, also congrats to the Blue Hens on their victory, good luck next week.

devilhen
November 24th, 2007, 08:24 AM
nah, the Santos Nightmare for Hen fans will continue next weekend :p

Love to see the Wildcats @ Delaware Stadium. A fitting end to Santos' career!!

Don't get me wrong, I like UNH & I think (against the thoughts of many) that UNH has a very real chance of beating UNI. Good luck!xpeacex

BlueHen86
November 24th, 2007, 09:26 AM
What question?
See post #557 of this thread.xreadx

Sam Adams
November 24th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Nice job winning the 4th quarter DSU xcoffeex

BlueHen86
November 24th, 2007, 09:32 AM
What question?
See post #600 of this thread.xreadx

BlueHen86
November 24th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Yes, the DSU game rang up about 5K extra than any previous UD opening round playoff game. Why are you not willing to admit that? West Chester is a regular season game and UD regularly sells them all out, no matter who plays. I have no right and I am not telling UD what to do.

I will admit that. In fact, I'm all in favor of UD hosting DSU in the first round of the playoffs - every year.xlolx