PDA

View Full Version : Jason Hunter (former ASU DE) - playing great D for GB on T'giving

james_lawfirm
November 22nd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Anybody else see Jason Hunter playing for Green Bay at right DE on Thanksgiving day? He had at least one sack on the Lions QB, although I did not get to see the whole game.

For those non-ASU fans, Hunter was the DE who stripped the ball from UNI's Eric Sanders to cause a fumble that bounced to Marcus Morrell, the other DE who ran it back for the game winning TD in the 2005 Nat'l Champ. game. Or maybe Morrell stripped it and Hunter ran it back.

But, anyway, its good to see him doing well in the NFL. He is somewhat larger than he was at ASU - listed at 6'5", 275 lbs.

CharlestonAppFan
November 22nd, 2007, 05:19 PM
I watched part of the game today and saw him doing very well; he's #57 and looks like he was playing DLine. He's put on some weight since his playing days at ASU. I think he was the one who stripped Sanders and Murrell ran the ball in for the touchdown; both are playing in the NFL.

feb18blacksunday
November 22nd, 2007, 10:00 PM
He played well. xthumbsupx

boonedocks
November 23rd, 2007, 12:38 AM
Charleston and James, you guys have it switched. Marques Murrell stripped Sanders, and Hunter ran it back for the touchdown. I did Hunter play a lot today, getting good pressure on Kitna. So I was excited.

Pantherpower
November 23rd, 2007, 10:30 AM
Anybody else see Jason Hunter playing for Green Bay at right DE on Thanksgiving day? He had at least one sack on the Lions QB, although I did not get to see the whole game.

For those non-ASU fans, Hunter was the DE who stripped the ball from UNI's Eric Sanders to cause a fumble that bounced to Marcus Morrell, the other DE who ran it back for the game winning TD in the 2005 Nat'l Champ. game. Or maybe Morrell stripped it and Hunter ran it back.

But, anyway, its good to see him doing well in the NFL. He is somewhat larger than he was at ASU - listed at 6'5", 275 lbs.

I'm a non-ASU fan and yes, I am aware of who he is!;) Thanks for the reminder!xbawlingx

appfan2008
November 23rd, 2007, 10:03 PM
so awesome that hunter is getting some time... he is and was quite the player

CharlestonAppFan
November 26th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Charleston and James, you guys have it switched. Marques Murrell stripped Sanders, and Hunter ran it back for the touchdown. I did Hunter play a lot today, getting good pressure on Kitna. So I was excited.

Thanks for that clarification; I was too busy jumping up and down in the endzone stands that I couldn't remember who did what. At that point, I didn't care cause we took the lead with a few minutes to go. Oh and the alcohol had an effect as well xthumbsupx

ERASU2113
November 26th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for that clarification; I was too busy jumping up and down in the endzone stands that I couldn't remember who did what. At that point, I didn't care cause we took the lead with a few minutes to go. Oh and the alcohol had an effect as well xthumbsupx

I was standing on the sideline right in line with where Hunter picked the ball up.

It was one of the greatest moments I ever saw watching an ASU game.

AppStateSVX
November 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
that's great to hear. I met him a few times while he was here, one time Jason and Richie were waiting outside the Holmes Center and they talked to a group of us for a while after the game, relating stories from Nooga

asu7
November 28th, 2007, 12:30 PM
this is good to hear ... I hate GB tho ... maybe I will have to take that back since he is playing there ... But we all know who else is playing there .... GRRRR what to do what to do LOL