PDA

View Full Version : Pledge your allegiance

AZGrizFan
November 21st, 2007, 12:26 AM
So, how do you decide which team deserves your allegiance?

I say it goes to the college you attend and/or hometown; then where you and/or family (including spouse or significant other) are from, either originally or now; then the city you live in; then the teams where your children or friends' children or nieces and nephews etc., go to school.

Basing your allegiance on the sports record of the team is weak in college ranks. You have to have a connection. You have to pledge your allegiance.

I may have left Montana, but I am forever a Griz Goddess, among other things.

AZGrizFan
November 21st, 2007, 12:33 AM
I hate the school I attended, plus I was born and raised in Missoula. So, natch I'm a Griz fan. Doesn't hurt that they're always good. :D

AZGrizFan
November 21st, 2007, 12:41 AM
That doesn't answer the question. Beyond the obvious, where do you go from there?

Grizo406
November 21st, 2007, 05:42 PM
Beyond the obvious, where do you go from there?

Another voice from the obvious...I'd go for the tits, but that's just me, being me!??!xnodx xnodx xwhistlex

citdog
November 21st, 2007, 05:46 PM
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of The Confederate States of America. Each State maintaining it's sovereign and independent character.

and The Citadel Bulldogs!

Col Hogan
November 21st, 2007, 05:51 PM
As a Massachusetts native and UMass grad, I've been a Minuteman fan since the days of the Redmen...

I have lived all over the world, but have always been a Red Sox/Celtics fan...

As a kid, I was like most New Englanders and rooted for the NY Giants, since the AFL/Patriots did not exist...mid 60's I started rooting for the Boston Patriots and haven't looked back...

Living in the DC area, I take grief from the Nationals/Orioles/Redskins fans...TOUGH!!!!

Pards Rule
November 21st, 2007, 07:06 PM
Since I grew up exposed to Philly media, the Eagles. Never had an affection for Rutgers though but glad to see they are doing well. Lafayette as I went there. As for teams I hate, of course Cowboys, Giants and Skins (NFC rivals) and Penn State (cause I cant stand the Philly media infatuation with them) and Ohio State cause they got a completely bogus PI call to "win" the national championship.

OB55
November 21st, 2007, 08:19 PM
Another voice from the obvious...I'd go for the tits, but that's just me, being me!??!xnodx xnodx xwhistlex

Another classic post from my favorite porker;

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/download/file.php?avatar=65_1184379289.gif

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

ngineer
November 22nd, 2007, 09:51 AM
The school for whom I shed blood ....