6. Idaho
5. Furman
4. Holy Cross
3. Montana State
2. North Dakota State
1. South Dakota State

MR. CHICKEN
May 2nd, 2023, 02:07 PM

.....JACKSON STATE @ 19..?...DELAWARE @ 23...?.....CAN J. STATE..... FUNCTION WHIFFOUT NEON...& HAND PICKED BUFFALOS...?....HENS TA FIELD 11 NEWBIES ON D....AN' NO INCUMBENT QB......xconfusedx.....BRAWK!

OhioHen
May 2nd, 2023, 02:55 PM
West Coast bias?

FUBeAR
May 2nd, 2023, 04:09 PM
Furman, Samford, Mercer, and Chattanooga all too low.

JK - Furman & Samford might be too low - they could be interchangeable at #4/#5, but Mercer had to rebuild their O-Line and lost quite a successful veteran at QB. Chattanooga fans will proclaim their Team the most talented in FCS and as odds-on favorites to win ‘another’ SoCon Championship & ‘another’ National Championship. FUBeAR doesn’t put a lot of stock into what Chattanooga fans say anymore.

ElCid
May 2nd, 2023, 07:43 PM
Like all "preseason" polls this is just a slight reshuffling of the previous season's final poll. It's certainly a safe starting point, but lacks any real analysis. Just wondering how many of these teams will be in poll come Oct or Nov.

nodak651
May 2nd, 2023, 07:50 PM
Look for teams with short term success to return to mean. UIW, SEMO, NCC, Holy Cross. Could be playoff teams but others will suprise.

fansincehighschool
May 2nd, 2023, 08:45 PM

.....JACKSON STATE @ 19..?...DELAWARE @ 23...?.....CAN J. STATE..... FUNCTION WHIFFOUT NEON...& HAND PICKED BUFFALOS...?....HENS TA FIELD 11 NEWBIES ON D....AN' NO INCUMBENT QB......xconfusedx.....BRAWK!

Where can I get that Tshirt? That is a good one.

ysubigred
May 2nd, 2023, 08:51 PM
Jeezzz... YSU in the top 25? Flightless birds will be lucky to win 6 games.

xchinscratchx

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
May 3rd, 2023, 07:13 AM
Look for teams with short term success to return to mean. UIW, SEMO, NCC, Holy Cross. Could be playoff teams but others will suprise.

Completely disagree with Holy Cross. They are loaded with experience and have arguably the best coach in FCS. This team is the real deal....

FUBeAR
May 3rd, 2023, 07:17 AM
Completely disagree with Holy Cross. They are loaded with experience and have arguably the best coach in FCS. This team is the real deal....
So, who do you think they’ll lose to in their 2nd Playoff game this year?

caribbeanhen
May 3rd, 2023, 09:05 AM
Where can I get that Tshirt? That is a good one.

best thing on the thread so far is definitely the T shirt

New Hampshire to high

Go Lehigh TU Owl
May 3rd, 2023, 10:45 AM
So, who do you think they’ll lose to in their 2nd Playoff game this year?

Could very well be to the #1 team/eventual champ like last year. As it is, such a loss doesn't disprove their ranking. Granted, their schedule is tough with two FBS games so odds are they will be on the road come playoff time....

caribbeanhen
May 3rd, 2023, 11:51 AM

I agree with you, problem is the FCS Three Headed Monster… The South Daktana State Bison

after that, anything goes

maybe we’ll get a Holy Cross Furman playoff game

crusader11
May 3rd, 2023, 11:54 AM
maybe we’ll get a Holy Cross Furman playoff game

I'd love for HC to drop an OOC game against the Ivy / NEC and pick up a game against a SoCon school!

wapiti
May 3rd, 2023, 12:17 PM
I know y’all can’t wait anymore so here it is

https://herosports.com/herder-2023-fcs-preseason-top-25-bzbz/

2023 FCS Preseason Top 25

25. Florida A&M
24. Gardner-Webb
23. Delaware
22. Northern Iowa
21. Youngstown State
20. Mercer
19. Jackson State
18. Southeastern Louisiana University
17. UC Davis
16. North Dakota
15. Montana
14. New Hampshire
13. North Carolina Central
12. Weber State
11. SEMO
10. Sacramento State
9. Incarnate Word
8. Samford
7. William & Mary
6. Idaho
5. Furman
4. Holy Cross
3. Montana State
2. North Dakota State
1. South Dakota State

North Carolina Central, Jackson State, Gardner-Webb, and Florida A&M do not belong in the top 25.

Sitting Bull
May 3rd, 2023, 01:29 PM
I know y’all can’t wait anymore so here it is

https://herosports.com/herder-2023-fcs-preseason-top-25-bzbz/

2023 FCS Preseason Top 2525. Florida A&M
24. Gardner-Webb
23. Delaware
22. Northern Iowa
21. Youngstown State
20. Mercer
19. Jackson State
18. Southeastern Louisiana University
17. UC Davis
16. North Dakota
15. Montana
14. New Hampshire
12. Weber State
11. SEMO
10. Sacramento State
9. Incarnate Word
8. Samford
7. William & Mary
6. Idaho
5. Furman
4. Holy Cross
3. Montana State
2. North Dakota State
1. South Dakota State

Unless I’m missing any from above, this new United Conference, that collection of juggernauts looking to go FBS, is it possible not one of them is a top 25 FCS team?

EKU05
May 3rd, 2023, 01:36 PM
Unless I’m missing any from above, this new United Conference, that collection of juggernauts looking to go FBS, is it possible not one of them is a top 25 FCS team?

I'm a little surprised we're not on this list. I think with Parker McKinney back we'll have a pretty elite offense. If the defense is passable we should be a top 25 team.

MR. CHICKEN
May 3rd, 2023, 01:53 PM
North Carolina Central, Jackson State, Gardner-Webb, and Florida A&M do not belong in the top 25.

....UMMM.....SO WHIFF UD/YOUNGSTOWN......6 SPOTS ARE OPEN.......AH'D FILL WHIFF C. ARKANSAS/S. ILLINOIS/U.T. MARTIN/ELON/CHATTANOOGA/E. KENTUCKY.......IN NO PARTICULAR ORDERAH.....OUTSIDE LOOKIN' IN.....BRYANT/CAMPBELL/ILLINOIS ST.........GOT ANY GUESS'S BOYS????????.......................DOODLE-DOO!

caribbeanhen
May 3rd, 2023, 02:00 PM

....UMMM.....SO WHIFF UD/YOUNGSTOWN......6 SPOTS ARE OPEN.......AH'D FILL WHIFF C. ARKANSAS/S. ILLINOIS/U.T. MARTIN/ELON/CHATTANOOGA/E. KENTUCKY.......IN NO PARTICULAR ORDERAH.....OUTSIDE LOOKIN' IN.....BRYANT/CAMPBELL/ILLINOIS ST.........GOT ANY GUESS'S BOYS????????.......................DOODLE-DOO!

Richmond losses a lot but so did Sac St

Sac St was lucky to beat Richmond in playoffs but you can count on them always being ranked and Richmond not

Where is Nova? Don’t tell me Philly

I agree Campbell is a sleeper

Carty has New Hampshire game circled on calendar

TribeNomad1
May 3rd, 2023, 02:31 PM
A bit nervous about the Tribe's opening game at Campbell. They showed athletic ability in our first matchup last year, but QB got hurried by pash rush and tossed some balls away. We lost our Def. C-Ord in the off season, but return both Pius and Lynn on the edges. LB by group, and tons there as well. Need to be a bit better on D at containing QB's on broken plays. Offense no issue, lost great OT, but most experienced OL in 2021 missed season and is back, meaning OL has five back. RB's strong, both QB's, Wilson and Mathis back. Offense should be very, very solid.

crusader11
May 3rd, 2023, 03:02 PM
Could very well be to the #1 team/eventual champ like last year. As it is, such a loss doesn't disprove their ranking. Granted, their schedule is tough with two FBS games so odds are they will be on the road come playoff time....

FUBeAR is still coming to terms that a New England / Patriot League team plays good football. It's hard for him to understand.

There's a strong argument to be made that HC was the second best FCS team last year. Given who returns and who departs, strong reason to believe HC will be even better in 2023.

FUBeAR
May 3rd, 2023, 03:26 PM
A bit nervous about the Tribe's opening game at Campbell. They showed athletic ability in our first matchup last year, but QB got hurried by pash rush and tossed some balls away. We lost our Def. C-Ord in the off season, but return both Pius and Lynn on the edges. LB by group, and tons there as well. Need to be a bit better on D at containing QB's on broken plays. Offense no issue, lost great OT, but most experienced OL in 2021 missed season and is back, meaning OL has five back. RB's strong, both QB's, Wilson and Mathis back. Offense should be very, very solid.
So, possibly a chance to upset Elon in Burlington, avenging last year’s loss to the Formerly Fightin’ Former Christians, a few weeks after that Campbell game?

TribeNomad1
May 3rd, 2023, 03:35 PM
So, possibly a chance to upset Elon in Burlington, avenging last year’s loss to the Formerly Fightin’ Former Christians, a few weeks after that Campbell game?

Back to that again, I see. Actually, soon after Campbell, we have C. Southern, who I see you blistered 24-19 last year. Any hints for us on how to hold off Chuck South?

ElCid
May 3rd, 2023, 03:46 PM

Don't know what G-W has coming back, but they took two of three decent FBS teams to the wire and won a playoff road game last season against a not terrible EKU team. They certainly are not top 10, but 20-25? Again depending on what they got coming back? I'm thinking this isn't a terrible placement everything else being equal. Not sure if they will be in my top 25, but at least on my radar. I'd probably have UTC or Richmond before them though. Or a couple others.

FUBeAR
May 3rd, 2023, 03:49 PM
FUBeAR is still coming to terms that a New England / Patriot League team plays good football. It's hard for him to understand.
Maybe. Just real hard to deny what FUBeAR has seen 4x with his own 2 eyes…

FURMAN -VS- COLGATE
DATE: 9/23/2017

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Furman

Colgate

Sep 11, 2010
Furman 45 vs. Colgate 15

Sep 13, 2008
Furman 42 @ Colgate 21

Dec 8, 2001
No. 5 Lehigh @
No. 4 Furman

NCAA Division I-AA Quarterfinal

W 34–17

FUBeAR
May 3rd, 2023, 03:54 PM
Back to that again, I see. Actually, soon after Campbell, we have C. Southern, who I see you blistered 24-19 last year. Any hints for us on how to hold off Chuck South?
Nah…other than suggesting spending some time studying & reviewing these 2 letters so that you are better able to distinguish them from one another…

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/031/292/Untitled-1.jpg

TribeNomad1
May 3rd, 2023, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=FUBeAR;3125041]Nah…other than suggesting spending some time studying & reviewing these 2 letters so that you are better able to distinguish them from one another…

Thx, I will search for context. That said, you guys looked solid in the playoffs last year, should be poised for a good year. Most here have watched a lot of football and understand the historical and repeating outcomes that provide the name for the very forum on which we post.

FUBeAR
May 3rd, 2023, 04:24 PM
Thx, I will search for context.

Context help…

Charleston Southern for Furman = W
https://sciencetrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/1f910509-equal.png
Elon for William & Mary = L

SFA 93
May 3rd, 2023, 06:16 PM
If UIW keeps it going with 3 different head coaches in 3 seasons that would be something and you would have to admit that program has arrived.

nodak651
May 3rd, 2023, 06:36 PM
On paper, is NDSU's roster better than any since their run began?

Professor Chaos
May 3rd, 2023, 09:06 PM
On paper, is NDSU's roster better than any since their run began?
Quite the opposite I'd say. Lost 7 guys to FBS via transfers along with a senior class that produced a draft pick, 4 undrafted free agents, and (at least) 2 more who got mini camp invites in the NFL.

Maybe they'll have guys underclassmen who step up since there's been virtually no room for underclassmen on the depth chart over the last couple years and they stay in the elite echelon of the FCS... maybe the losses are too much for them to overcome and they "fall back" into still a very good team but that's it.

FUBeAR
May 3rd, 2023, 09:23 PM
Quite the opposite I'd say. Lost 7 guys to FBS via transfers along with a senior class that produced a draft pick, 4 undrafted free agents, and (at least) 2 more who got mini camp invites in the NFL.

Maybe they'll have guys underclassmen who step up since there's been virtually no room for underclassmen on the depth chart over the last couple years and they stay in the elite echelon of the FCS... maybe the losses are too much for them to overcome and they "fall back" into still a very good team but that's it.
So - the bizuns only have 8 (or fewer) starters returning by FUBeAR’s cipherin’ [22-(7+1+4+~2)=~8] of the Professor’s post. How does that break down? Just ~4 on each side of the ball? Or something otherwise?

UNHWildcat18
May 3rd, 2023, 09:30 PM
best thing on the thread so far is definitely the T shirt

New Hampshire to high

Care to elaborate? we were a super young team last year, basically lost no one, gained a piece or two in the offseason. Hell with how much of a mess CMU was last season we could be walking into cockadoodledo land undefeated.

I think we need to prove a lot to people this year but I don't see UNH missing the playoffs.

caribbeanhen
May 3rd, 2023, 10:43 PM
Maybe. Just real hard to deny what FUBeAR has seen 4x with his own 2 eyes…

FURMAN -VS- COLGATE
DATE: 9/23/2017

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Furman

Colgate

Sep 11, 2010
Furman 45 vs. Colgate 15

Sep 13, 2008
Furman 42 @ Colgate 21

Dec 8, 2001
No. 5 Lehigh @
No. 4 Furman

NCAA Division I-AA Quarterfinal

W 34–17

December 19th 2003
Delaware 40
Colgate 0

caribbeanhen
May 3rd, 2023, 10:46 PM
If UIW keeps it going with 3 different head coaches in 3 seasons that would be something and you would have to admit that program has arrived.

I noticed they had multiple talented players last year, it really jumped off the page

OhioHen
May 4th, 2023, 06:10 AM
Context help…

Charleston Southern for Furman = W
https://sciencetrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/1f910509-equal.png
Elon for William & Mary = L
So what FUBeAR is saying is that beating Chuck South is not as impressive as a loss against Elon? xcoolx

OhioHen
May 4th, 2023, 06:13 AM

Do they "fall back" all the way to hosting a playoff game on Thanksgiving weekend? Or just to a low enough seed to not be guaranteed a home quarterfinal?

FUBeAR
May 4th, 2023, 07:14 AM
So what FUBeAR is saying is that beating Chuck South is not as impressive as a loss against Elon? xcoolx
Sure - in your corner of this planet…
https://anewscafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Bizarro-World.jpg

…that’s probably what Bizarro FUBeAR is saying.

Bisonator
May 4th, 2023, 07:38 AM
Do they "fall back" all the way to hosting a playoff game on Thanksgiving weekend? Or just to a low enough seed to not be guaranteed a home quarterfinal?
I'd say the latter, good enough to be a top 8 seed. All depends on injuries this team is not going to be as deep with all the attrition this off season.

Professor Chaos
May 4th, 2023, 07:48 AM
So - the bizuns only have 8 (or fewer) starters returning by FUBeAR’s cipherin’ [22-(7+1+4+~2)=~8] of the Professor’s post. How does that break down? Just ~4 on each side of the ball? Or something otherwise?
Returning starters is kind of tough to say because they had so many injuries last year it shook up the starters quite a bit. Going off of their week 1 starters from last year they lost 3 on the OL, their TE, 1 WR, the FB, and the RB so that's 4 returning starters of offense. On defense they lose both DE, 1 LB, and the entire secondary so 4 returning starters on defense as well. However, they also lost a backup WR, CB, and S that transferred who weren't starters last year but likely would've been this year.

Professor Chaos
May 4th, 2023, 07:59 AM

I'd say the latter, good enough to be a top 8 seed. All depends on injuries this team is not going to be as deep with all the attrition this off season.
I'd like to think they're a top 8 team regardless but we'll see. The defense really needs to improve from last year especially the D-line - they've got a ton of players with potential on the d-line they just need a few to step up. On offense they don't have "that dude" anymore like a Trey Lance, Christian Watson, or Hunter Luepke that can just take over a game. I think they'll go as their QB Cam Miller goes. He's heading into his 4th season of starting (although his first two seasons he split the starting duties) so he needs to step up and be the steadying force and they need to develop some semblance of a consistent passing game or they're going to get steamrolled by SDSU again.

caribbeanhen
May 4th, 2023, 08:51 AM
Care to elaborate? we were a super young team last year, basically lost no one, gained a piece or two in the offseason. Hell with how much of a mess CMU was last season we could be walking into cockadoodledo land undefeated.

I think we need to prove a lot to people this year but I don't see UNH missing the playoffs.

Cockadoodledo land …. Nice one

Bottom line is UNH is nothing special and I like to go round and round with KPSUL

The New Hampshire at Delaware game is a big early season game with some backstories to it as Carty was OC at UNH

circle it on the calendar

UNHWildcat18
May 4th, 2023, 06:16 PM

Bottom line is UNH is nothing special and I like to go round and round with KPSUL

The New Hampshire at Delaware game is a big early season game with some backstories to it as Carty was OC at UNH

Thanks I got a good chuckle out of it, to be honest I couldn't remember what town UD was in.

Hope UNH proves to be special this year. Going to be a great matchup come week 4

KPSUL
May 4th, 2023, 09:12 PM

I never miss the UNH games at Tubby Raymond Field, Cockadoodeldo land. Assuming the winds ain't above 70 mph high up on this WV ridge I live on, and the water don't rise too dang high down in the creek in the holler, I'll be there on September 23rd.

nodak651
May 5th, 2023, 11:34 AM

I think you misread my comment, because I agree with you. I've never been optimistic about our games vs NDSU but with the way things are shaping up so far, I think UND might finally pull out a win vs the mighty Bison. UND's entire O-line is back, and I believe all but 1 were underclassman. Combine that with the deepest receiving choir that we've ever had, Schuster back again, and the departures that you've had in the secondary, it could make for a pretty interesting game. UND's D sucked last year, but the D-line was beefed up a bit and we have a new D-coordinator, so hopefully they will be better, but there are still major question marks at Linebacker and with the DB's. May very well end up being a high scoring shootout - the complete opposite as last time NDSU was up in Grand Forks.

caribbeanhen
May 6th, 2023, 07:24 AM

There's a strong argument to be made that HC was the second best FCS team last year. Given who returns and who departs, strong reason to believe HC will be even better in 2023.

He understands it because he watches FCS games

admitting it is something he will never do

Has Holy Cross been active in the portal? Any pick ups ?

I ask because I think if you get Sluka just a little more help you can make a title run

Sluka is a fun player to watch

KPSUL
May 6th, 2023, 06:43 PM

I ask because I think if you get Sluka just a little more help you can make a title run

The only time I had fun watching Sluka play was when Max Oxendine hit him from the side and knocked his helmet 10 feet into the air.

VandalBasher
May 6th, 2023, 07:19 PM
Five pages of discussion and not a mention about Idaho’s #6 ranking? I’m really bullish on the Vandals this year. But, this ranking would mean a 9-2 team. We could only hope so. I’ll say Idaho should start in the Top 25 to be fair.

crusader11
May 7th, 2023, 03:46 PM

Chesney has made it known he has little interest in making NIL and, to a lesser degree, the portal, components of his program. He wants the four year kids.

That said, HC just picked this big boy up from Old Dominion (his brother is an OL with HC) -- https://twitter.com/CaronNair/status/1655240220361539586

McNair has four years of eligibility left.

clenz
May 7th, 2023, 09:32 PM

https://media.tenor.com/me1Yk0jRlHoAAAAC/huh-confused.gif

DFW HOYA
May 8th, 2023, 08:43 AM

Playing in what could be the weakest conference outside the Pioneer doesn't support the aspirations of Holy Cross as a national power. How many CAA schools could run the table in the PL?

wapiti
May 8th, 2023, 09:12 AM
Playing in what could be the weakest conference outside the Pioneer and HBCU's doesn't support the aspirations of Holy Cross as a national power. How many CAA schools could run the table in the PL?

Fixed it for you.

DFW HOYA
May 8th, 2023, 10:32 AM
Fixed it for you.

If you ran the Patriot vs the SWAC in this series, how many PL teams would win a game?

Holy Cross vs. Jackson St.
Fordham vs. Southern
Colgate vs. FAMU
Lafayette vs. Alcorn St.
Lehigh vs. Grambling St.
Bucknell vs. Bethune-Cookman
Georgetown vs. Mississippi Valley St.

caribbeanhen
May 8th, 2023, 11:33 AM
Playing in what could be the weakest conference outside the Pioneer doesn't support the aspirations of Holy Cross as a national power. How many CAA schools could run the table in the PL?

Well none as long as Holy Cross is this good

wapiti
May 8th, 2023, 03:22 PM
If you ran the Patriot vs the SWAC in this series, how many PL teams would win a game?

Holy Cross vs. Jackson St. HC by a mile
Fordham vs. Southern Fordham
Colgate vs. FAMU Colgate
Lafayette vs. Alcorn St. 50/50
Lehigh vs. Grambling St. 50/50
Bucknell vs. Bethune-Cookman 50/50
Georgetown vs. Mississippi Valley St. Edge to Georgetown

DFW HOYA
May 8th, 2023, 04:58 PM
Georgetown vs. Mississippi Valley St. Edge to Georgetown

You certainly have optimism for a team which has lost 17 of its last 20 by an average of 24 points a game, and hasn't won a home game since 2019. They are not well positioned right now.

caribbeanhen
June 1st, 2023, 11:16 AM
Hero sports preseason FCS top 25

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2023-preseason-top-25-bzbz/

How was this Top 25 ranking formed?
The HERO Sports FCS staff of Sam Herder, Daniel Steenkamer, and Zach McKinnell each did their own Top 25. Each slot was given a point total, and the three rankings were combined and ordered by total points.
Check out HERO Sports throughout the summer for in-depth previews of each Top 25-ranked team.
FCS Preseason Top 2525. Rhode Island
T23. Youngstown State
T23. Richmond
22. Gardner-Webb
21. Eastern Kentucky
20. Jackson State
19. Mercer
18. UC Davis
17. North Dakota
16. Montana
15. Southeastern Louisiana University
14. New Hampshire
T11. Weber State
T11. SEMO
10. Sacramento State
9. Incarnate Word
8. Samford
7. William & Mary
T5. Idaho
T5. Furman
4. Holy Cross
3. Montana State
2. North Dakota State
1. South Dakota State (3 first-place votes)
Received votes (ordered from most voting points to least): Northern Iowa, Chattanooga, Delaware, Southern Illinois, Austin Peay, Elon, Florida A&M

caribbeanhen
June 24th, 2023, 09:54 AM
Hero sports preseason FCS top 25

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2023-preseason-top-25-bzbz/

How was this Top 25 ranking formed?
The HERO Sports FCS staff of Sam Herder, Daniel Steenkamer, and Zach McKinnell each did their own Top 25. Each slot was given a point total, and the three rankings were combined and ordered by total points.
Check out HERO Sports throughout the summer for in-depth previews of each Top 25-ranked team.
FCS Preseason Top 25

25. Rhode Island
T23. Youngstown State
T23. Richmond
22. Gardner-Webb
21. Eastern Kentucky
20. Jackson State
19. Mercer
18. UC Davis
17. North Dakota
16. Montana
15. Southeastern Louisiana University
14. New Hampshire
T11. Weber State
T11. SEMO
10. Sacramento State
9. Incarnate Word
8. Samford
7. William & Mary
T5. Idaho
T5. Furman
4. Holy Cross
3. Montana State
2. North Dakota State
1. South Dakota State (3 first-place votes)
Received votes (ordered from most voting points to least): Northern Iowa, Chattanooga, Delaware, Southern Illinois, Austin Peay, Elon, Florida A&M

some interesting notes on NC Central ranking and schedule

They will be playing 3 CAA* teams in 2023
Campbell, North Carolina A&T and Elon

I like how Hero trio ranked them one spot above New Hampshire remembering how they whipped em last year

Should also be noted that North Carolina Central is ranked number 78 in the Massey index preseason rankings

We’re going to learn some things about NC Central this year

As far as Masseys preseason index, no clue, but I know it gets better as season goes along

* In name only

caribbeanhen
June 24th, 2023, 10:03 AM
Should also be noted that Northern Iowa is ranked number seven in preseason Massey, but in Hero sports preseason poll, they are others receiving votes

KPSUL
June 24th, 2023, 04:12 PM
some interesting notes on NC Central ranking and schedule

They will be playing 3 CAA* teams in 2023
Campbell, North Carolina A&T and Elon

I like how Hero trio ranked them one spot above New Hampshire remembering how they whipped em last year

Should also be noted that North Carolina Central is ranked number 78 in the Massey index preseason rankings

We’re going to learn some things about NC Central this year

As far as Masseys preseason index, no clue, but I know it gets better as season goes along

* In name only

That's where I ranked NCCU as well - post 2022 season. But the win @ UNH was not the only reason. The win in the Celebration Bowl contributed significantly as well; however, had they not lost decisively @ Campbell, I probably would have had them top 10. But _hit happens to most teams at least once a season. You'd think a fan of an FCS team that beats Navy and then ends up 4-4 in CAA conference play would understand that? xconfusedx

OhioHen
June 24th, 2023, 07:37 PM
You'd think a fan of an FCS team that beats Navy and then ends up 4-4 in CAA conference play would understand that? xconfusedx
Navy would probably finish mid-pack in the CAA, so beating them isn't that big of a deal.

ElCid
June 24th, 2023, 07:59 PM
Navy would probably finish mid-pack in the CAA, so beating them isn't that big of a deal.

No. Not sure if you were serious. According to Massey, an objective rating, only four FCS teams were above them last season, and the closest CAA team was 39 spots LOWER. Would they lose the occasional game to a CAA team? Sure. But middle of the pack is simply not accurate.

caribbeanhen
June 24th, 2023, 08:21 PM
That's where I ranked NCCU as well - post 2022 season. But the win @ UNH was not the only reason. The win in the Celebration Bowl contributed significantly as well; however, had they not lost decisively @ Campbell, I probably would have had them top 10. But _hit happens to most teams at least once a season. You'd think a fan of an FCS team that beats Navy and then ends up 4-4 in CAA conference play would understand that? xconfusedx

I remember your weak schedule last year... how bout that....