PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Rollins - NL MVP!

BlueHen86
November 20th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Congrats Jimmy!xthumbsupx

Marcus Garvey
November 20th, 2007, 01:20 PM
It is indeed a Happy Jimmy Rollins Day (http://www.bugsandcranks.com/philadelphia-phillies/happy-jimmy-rollins-day/)!

Ivytalk
November 20th, 2007, 01:31 PM
J-ROLL!!!xbowx xbowx xbowx

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 20th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Good Job Jimmy...I'm still mad over the tie beaker game so I didn't want Holiday to get it. Curse the Rockies xmadx

Although I'm happier for Jake Peavy of course :D

bandl
November 20th, 2007, 01:35 PM
:)

bandl
November 20th, 2007, 01:36 PM
This just posted on UNHW's blog:

The voting for NL MVP is a joke. There is no way that Josh Beckett wasn't on everyone's ballots. Obviously their opinions suck because they are wrong. He dominated the NL this season. Beckett should have won the NL MVP, as well as the NL Rookie of the Year, because let's face it, there is no rookie in the NL who is as good as Beckett.

Marcus Garvey
November 20th, 2007, 01:43 PM

The voting for NL MVP is a joke. There is no way that Josh Beckett wasn't on everyone's ballots. Obviously their opinions suck because they are wrong. He dominated the NL this season. Beckett should have won the NL MVP, as well as the NL Rookie of the Year, because let's face it, there is no rookie in the NL who is as good as Beckett.

I didn't realize that Bill Simmons posted on UNHW's blog. xthumbsupx

andy7171
November 20th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Way to go J-Roll!

bluehenbillk
November 20th, 2007, 02:06 PM
J-Roll, word to your mutha. Walked the walk this year after saying in preseason they'd win the East.

UNHWildCats
November 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I didn't realize that Bill Simmons posted on UNHW's blog. xthumbsupx
Oh please.... im more of a homer then Simmons xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

UNHWildCats
November 20th, 2007, 02:24 PM

Well he did homer off Philly in 2006 ;)

He went 2-4 with 2 runs and 2 RBI. His HR was the game winning hit :D

GannonFan
November 20th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Great reward for Rollins - played a difficult defensive position, had great offensive numbers, and hey, saying you're the team to beat and then backing it up has to go a little ways in votes. Well deserved, even with Holliday's superb season.

UMass922
November 20th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Great reward for Rollins - played a difficult defensive position, had great offensive numbers, and hey, saying you're the team to beat and then backing it up has to go a little ways in votes. Well deserved, even with Holliday's superb season.

Agreed. Very well deserved.

gmoney55
November 20th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Could have gone either way with those two, but as a Mets fan watching Rollins all year in those big games I'd go with him two. Backed it up with a huge season. Scariest thing about the Phillies is they have back-to-back MVPs and the guy that is their best player IMO isn't even one of them. They should be a dominant force in the NL for years, probably at least a few NL titles coming easily and one or two World Series rings.

foghorn
November 20th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Jimmy's my favorite Phil. Does it all, a gamer. Congrats Jimmy!xthumbsupx

Marcus Garvey
November 20th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Could have gone either way with those two, but as a Mets fan watching Rollins all year in those big games I'd go with him two. Backed it up with a huge season. Scariest thing about the Phillies is they have back-to-back MVPs and the guy that is their best player IMO isn't even one of them. They should be a dominant force in the NL for years, probably at least a few NL titles coming easily and one or two World Series rings.

I highlighted the important word there. They still have no pitching and a manager that only remembers his name because fans are screaming it at him in anger all time.

Zoo
November 20th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I was hoping Fielder would've won it seeing as how I'm from Milwaukee and all, but, congratulations to Jimmy Rollins on a great season.

ngineer
November 20th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I'm so happy for this. Rollins so deserved this award, but I kept thinking that people will be influenced by Holliday's BA..While Holliday had a great season, J-Roll did it all, at the bat and in the field. In terms of being the 'most valuable' to his respective team, Jimmy by far was more important to the Phillies than Halliday was to the Rockies.xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx