PDA

View Full Version : Chasing History: New England (9-0) at Buffalo (5-4) Official Game Thread

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 07:05 PM
It's on!

Prediction 52-10

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Gay picked Losman, 2 plays TD PATS 7-0

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Brady to Moss TD

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Brady to Moss again 21-7 Patriots 7 seconds into 2nd qtr

Mountain Panther
November 18th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Just so you're not the only one who posts here UNH....;)

Did anyone see Randy Moss introduce himself? Instead of saying "Marshall" he said "The RAND University" for his school. WTF does that mean? Way to represent your alma mater, jackass.

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Brady to MOSS AGAIN!

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 08:28 PM
28-7 Pats 6:33 remaining 2nd Qtr.

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Just so you're not the only one who posts here UNH....;)

Did anyone see Randy Moss introduce himself? Instead of saying "Marshall" he said "The RAND University" for his school. WTF does that mean? Way to represent your alma mater, jackass.
The SoCon fans here paid him off xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Grizalltheway
November 18th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I see the headband is back with a vengeance. xbangx xbangx

tribe_pride
November 18th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I thought the Pats only really embarrassed teams that pissed them off earlier this year. Wow. This game is insane.

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 08:56 PM
guess what?

yup...

Brady to Moss AGAIN!

35-7 Pats 10 seconds left 1st half

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 08:57 PM
btw New England gets the ball first in the second half.

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Brady to Watson on 4th and 1

42-7

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Brady now has 38 TDs in his first 10 games. He may have 40 by the nights end lol

Killtoppers90
November 18th, 2007, 09:31 PM
This is sickening! The arrogance, the cheating, the overall lovefest makes me want to wretch! They are so setting themselves up for a big fall when it happens. And I for one cannot wait!

Zoo
November 18th, 2007, 09:45 PM
End of the 3rd quarter, New England on Buffalo's 1 yard line looking to extend their 42-10 lead.

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Kyle Eckel runs it in. 7 possessions, 7 TDs 49-10 Pats 14:55 remaining

Pats now have 404 points in 10 games.

minuteman65
November 18th, 2007, 09:53 PM
This is sickening! The arrogance, the cheating, the overall lovefest makes me want to wretch! They are so setting themselves up for a big fall when it happens. And I for one cannot wait!

Oh, I'm sorry, did you notice the Pats doing something illegal? Please share!

56-10

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Hobbs returns a fumble for a TD 55-10 p[ending XP

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 18th, 2007, 09:56 PM
lol, this is flippin' comical....i've never seen a profesional team embarass a league like this. The 1995 Bulls are the only thing that come close.

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 09:57 PM
56-10

Most points ever scored in a game by a Patriots team

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 09:58 PM
in 1979 they beat the Jets 56-3

SuperJon
November 18th, 2007, 10:07 PM
I don't mind playing your type of game and if the other team can't stop you, you score. What I had a problem with was going for it on 4th down up 28 as opposed to kicking it.

minuteman65
November 18th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I don't mind playing your type of game and if the other team can't stop you, you score. What I had a problem with was going for it on 4th down up 28 as opposed to kicking it.

Never know when you're gonna need those extra 4 points. xlolx

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 11:19 PM
It's on!

Prediction 52-10
well I was very close :p

Cleets
November 18th, 2007, 11:31 PM

Why...?
Please explain

DuckDuckGriz
November 19th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Part of the problem with teams that play the Patriots is that they get too wrapped up in the emotion that is playing the Patriots instead of just going out and doing what they do. You see alot of these teams get personal fouls when they play New England - the Pats O-line is absolutely demoralizing and there is nothing more frustrating.

UNHWildCats
November 19th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Maybe Belichick can lend the O-line to UNH next Saturday :p

DuckDuckGriz
November 19th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Maybe Belichick can lend the O-line to UNH next Saturday :p

It's in the midwest just have Santos pretend UNH is playing a Big 10 team and everything will work out.

UNHWildCats
November 19th, 2007, 12:16 AM
It's in the midwest just have Santos pretend UNH is playing a Big 10 team and everything will work out.
The way UNI fans are talking, we may not see them for a few weeks if UNH wins, they wont wanna show there faces here xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I think UNH has a great shot, and UNI should be pissed having top face such a potent offense in the 1st round, they got screwed over bad.

SuperJon
November 19th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Why...?
Please explain

I just think there's no use tacking on those extra four points when it's obvious that a) it's an easy three points and b) you're just going to score the next time you have the ball anyways.

Cleets
November 19th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I just think there's no use tacking on those extra four points when it's obvious that a) it's an easy three points and b) you're just going to score the next time you have the ball anyways.

Okay...
So what's the difference if you do then...
.................................................. .....

Here's my take:
I used to watch the 49ers run up the score (even in a super bowl) but they we're the NFL's golden Team... everybody admired their offensive efficiency

Now we've got a salary cap...
and "parity" is the goal and competitive balance is the normal Sunday routine... any given Sunday anybody can get beat

Well the cheating ugly Patriots have somehow figured out how to win... and since their punishment from the League they have lost all interest in pretending they care if you suck in comparison to them...

"It's your job to stop us.. not our job to punt for you" Quote: Tom Brady

Get used to it...
It's not classless it's called Capitalism - Get what you can and as much as you can... We preach it in this country

BTW: The 2nd string QB played the 4th quarter (that's a nice gift) and the 4th string Running back got 17 carries (seemingly back to back)

SO can we call a truce: The Patriots will play hard for 3 quarters... then give up the 4th quarter... hows that..? Good enough.. or should they only play the first half... xbawlingx

UNHWildCats
November 19th, 2007, 11:14 AM
http://redsox.travisliles.com/2007/11/record-setting-patriots-pats-56-bills.html

LacesOut
November 19th, 2007, 01:41 PM
My Iggles are next in line to get thrashed by the Patriots. I think I'll watch this game with my fingers covering my eyes!

UNHWildCats
November 19th, 2007, 02:13 PM
My Iggles are next in line to get thrashed by the Patriots. I think I'll watch this game with my fingers covering my eyes!
The entire Eagles fan base should cover their eyes. This could be the first game to clearly see if Belichick is indeed gonna shove everything down the throats of certain teams in reponse to the aftermath of spygate and Shula's mouth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3017964

SuperJon
November 19th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Like I said, I don't have a problem with you continuing to score if you are moving the ball that well. I just think if the other team stops you three times, kick the field goal, and then ram it down their throats the next time you have the ball.

UNHWildCats
November 19th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Like I said, I don't have a problem with you continuing to score if you are moving the ball that well. I just think if the other team stops you three times, kick the field goal, and then ram it down their throats the next time you have the ball.
Brady and Co. were just doing what there paid to do, do whatever they can to score everytime they have the ball.

tribe_pride
November 19th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Brady and Co. were just doing what there paid to do, do whatever they can to score everytime they have the ball.

Don't think he was blaming Brady and the offense. If they are on the field, they go for the score. Coaches decision whether or not to go for it on 4th down. Better watch out if (in reality when) they do that in the Jets game when they are up by 30 or 40 or so. We all remember why Brady got to play in the first place.

I know others have brought it up in other threads (maybe this one) but who the hell is your avatar. It's not very flattering.

UNHWildCats
November 19th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Don't think he was blaming Brady and the offense. If they are on the field, they go for the score. Coaches decision whether or not to go for it on 4th down. Better watch out if (in reality when) they do that in the Jets game when they are up by 30 or 40 or so. We all remember why Brady got to play in the first place.

I know others have brought it up in other threads (maybe this one) but who the hell is your avatar. It's not very flattering.
Ya the Bills tried that l;ast nite. Brady ran and was already sliding feet first when a Bills defender came in with a hit from behind. Brady was pissed.

TheValleyRaider
November 19th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Ya the Bills tried that l;ast nite. Brady ran and was already sliding feet first when a Bills defender came in with a hit from behind. Brady was pissed.

If Belichick isn't careful, someone isn't going to just "come close" xtwocentsx

UNHWildCats
November 19th, 2007, 06:10 PM
If Belichick isn't careful, someone isn't going to just "come close" xtwocentsx
if players indeed have that thought on their minds they should remember that Brady is just doing his job, if he has a problem with him doing his job they should take it up with Belichick not try to intentionally injury a fellow player.

tribe_pride
November 19th, 2007, 09:08 PM
if players indeed have that thought on their minds they should remember that Brady is just doing his job, if he has a problem with him doing his job they should take it up with Belichick not try to intentionally injury a fellow player.

You may be right but because Belichick is not in the field of play they go after the next most important figure on the team.

umassfan
November 20th, 2007, 04:20 AM
Here are my thoughts... there is no such thing as running up the score in NFL football. Its not like college where different schools put different money into their program. Pretty much every NFL team hit the cap. Therefore, they are all playing on the same level. If another team cant stop them... should they really stop trying. Also as mentioned on gamenight... whats running up the score more... kicking the fieldgoal or going for it on 4th down and the chance of not getting any points if the other team has enough balls to stop them.

tribe_pride
November 20th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Here are my thoughts... there is no such thing as running up the score in NFL football. Its not like college where different schools put different money into their program. Pretty much every NFL team hit the cap. Therefore, they are all playing on the same level. If another team cant stop them... should they really stop trying. Also as mentioned on gamenight... whats running up the score more... kicking the fieldgoal or going for it on 4th down and the chance of not getting any points if the other team has enough balls to stop them.

I don't think most people here are arguing with you on the first point. The big thing is the other team knows you are embarassing them and right or wrong may try to injure one of your star players if you keep them on the field or your players may get injured on their own. It's a risk a coach needs to decide on.

As for your 2nd point, it depends on the situation. This situation was 4th and 1 on the Buf 10 at the end of the 3rd with a 42-10 score. That's an easy conversion especially since NE had scored a TD on every single possession before that. (Wow) Going for it in that situation seems like they are trying to rub it in Buf's faces which is fine but expect some retaliation after that.

LacesOut
November 20th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I think Pittsburgh can beat them. Maybe. If they play a perfect game.

And if Brady and Moss both get kidnapped and miss the team bus to the stadium. LOL