PDA

View Full Version : James Madison @ App State

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ASUMountaineer
November 20th, 2007, 09:13 PM
As a JMU student and resident of Fairfax (NoVa) ... I like to consider myself northern. But the state of Virginia as a whole should still be considered southern...although for you old schoolers out there...watch out....the state is starting to turn blue...and faster than some of you may want to think xnodx xnodx

yeah, many southern states will start to see that, what with all the northerners that are leaving the crap states and moving south. xsmhx

asufan87
November 20th, 2007, 09:14 PM
...although for you old schoolers out there...watch out....the state is starting to turn blue...and faster than some of you may want to think xnodx xnodx

Then it's a good thing I left the Old Dominion when I did!!!xnodx

ASUG8
November 20th, 2007, 10:35 PM
As a JMU student and resident of Fairfax (NoVa) ... I like to consider myself northern. But the state of Virginia as a whole should still be considered southern...although for you old schoolers out there...watch out....the state is starting to turn blue...and faster than some of you may want to think xnodx xnodx

Same could be said about Raleigh, Greensboro, Charlottte. A Southern accent is unusual at most grocery stores around here. The Yanks are invading - where's Citdog?xconfusedx

JmuSkinsfan
November 20th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Same could be said about Raleigh, Greensboro, Charlottte. A Southern accent is unusual at most grocery stores around here. The Yanks are invading - where's Citdog?xconfusedx

Ahhhh, it's a beautiful thing xsmiley_wix

ASUG8
November 20th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Ahhhh, it's a beautiful thing xsmiley_wix

Beautiful? Mostly why it's better up North because."..or "it sucks down here because....". Stay home. The South always has and will be beautiful, we just don't need to hear about how the grocery stores in Rochester were better - you moved here, we never even visited.

JmuSkinsfan
November 21st, 2007, 12:26 AM
Beautiful? Mostly why it's better up North because."..or "it sucks down here because....". Stay home. The South always has and will be beautiful, we just don't need to hear about how the grocery stores in Rochsester were better - you moved here, we never even visited.

Hey hey, I'm just giving you guys a hard time. I'm more of a city person, or suburbs person, but I also love the old country. I hear its beautiful down in Boone...and I love it in the Valley...don't get too sensitive!:D

JmuSkinsfan
November 21st, 2007, 12:28 AM
Beautiful? Mostly why it's better up North because."..or "it sucks down here because....". Stay home. The South always has and will be beautiful, we just don't need to hear about how the grocery stores in Rochsester were better - you moved here, we never even visited.

Hey hey, I'm just giving you guys a hard time. I'm more of a city person, or suburbs person, but I also love the old country. I hear its beautiful down in Boone...and I love it in the Valley...don't get too sensitive!:D

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2007, 06:08 AM

That's true, I live by Lake Norman and it's nothing but Yanks down here now. Most of my clients are yanks who sold their houses in Long Island (or DC, Boston, etc.) and can live like kings down here.

HiHiYikas
November 21st, 2007, 07:29 AM
lol....Virginia is STILL the South, and Chick-Fil-A is plenty big up here. I always laugh at people who think Virginia is Northern. Come to Richmond, Harrisonburg, Charlottesville, Lexington, Roanoke, etc....and if you still think Virginia is Northern, I will laugh. Do not lump D.C. and surrounding areas into the rest of Virginia. Thanks
And I always cry when a Virginia waitress looks at me funny for ordering sweet tea.

xbawlingx

(Nah, Virginia is very much Southern - Come on up to Richmond, and I can show you all our runner up trophies from the Civil War.)

Dukie95
November 21st, 2007, 07:44 AM
There's an invisible line in Virginia that runs east-west from about Fredricksburg through Woodbridge all the way to Front Royal. Except for Manassas - they're actually in West Virginia. ;)

If you stop seeing Hardees driving north, you know you're there...below that line, people still understand sweet tea and grits.

I was born and raised in the "southern" part of Virginia - in fact, my mom went to App St. Now I live in Arlington, which is at the heart of the northern, blue part of the state. They really are different worlds.

proasu89
November 21st, 2007, 07:53 AM
There's an invisible line in Virginia that runs east-west from about Fredricksburg through Woodbridge all the way to Front Royal. Except for Manassas - they're actually in West Virginia. ;)

If you stop seeing Hardees driving north, you know you're there...below that line, people still understand sweet tea and grits.

I was born and raised in the "southern" part of Virginia - in fact, my mom went to App St. Now I live in Arlington, which is at the heart of the northern, blue part of the state. They really are different worlds.

I do love the South Boston accent. Just think Ward Burton if anyone doesn't know what I mean.xlolx

bandl
November 21st, 2007, 07:58 AM

The line does NOT run through Woodbridge...the south can have Woodbridge. xsmhx

Cranium716
November 21st, 2007, 08:17 AM
The line does NOT run through Woodbridge...the south can have Woodbridge. xsmhx

We could just give Woodbridge to West Virginia too. The South doesn't want it either!

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
November 21st, 2007, 08:25 AM
Notable misses to the previous list:

Cafe Portafino - Great food, often laden with garlic. Good wine list, good beer list and its right on River's Street accross from Mellow Mushroom.

Boone Drug(parson's choice) and Our Daily Bread (jamaican turkey sandwich) on King St. are also great for lunch on friday or before the game if you don't tailgate.

Chic-fil-a. Virginians "might" not know the wonders of CFA. Its rough to find up north.

Storie Street Grill in Blowing Rock has a great menu

Six Pence Pub in Blowing Rock is overpriced, but has really good pubfare, if you are into that kinda thing.

Tiajuana Fats in Blowing Rock is good tex-mexican food, and fairly cheap liquor.

Dos Amigo's is better, cheaper and more authentic mexican food. (but no liquor)

JMU has a chick-fil-a on campus and another one in Harrisonburg xthumbsupx

also I am from NJ, went to JMU, now live in Arlington. I moved from a blue state to what I thought was a red state. I just didnt move far enough south :(

Charlotte is the next stop on my list before Charleston, SC xthumbsupx

Cranium716
November 21st, 2007, 08:34 AM
Charlotte is the next stop on my list before Charleston, SC xthumbsupx

Charleston is quite possibly the best city in the country! The South has amazing places to live like Wilmington, NC; Greenville, SC; Savannah, GA...and what does the crappy north have? Philly? Newark? Baltimore? DC? The only semi-nice city up north that I've been to is Providence, RI.

But back to football...what do you guys think the spread on this game would be (since you can't bet on FCS games until the semifinals :( )?

Borat
November 21st, 2007, 08:34 AM
A word of caution to folks coming into Boone from outside the area. Expect to see lots of state troopers between Wilkesboro and Boone on Hwy 421. I've noticed a lot more police activity in that area, not sure if it is related to the traffic heading "Up the Mountain" to Boone on game days. Either way, once you get to Wilkesboro it is a good idea to stick to the speed limit until you get to Boone. Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving to all, see you on Saturday!

bandl
November 21st, 2007, 08:35 AM
Notable misses to the previous list:

Cafe Portafino - Great food, often laden with garlic. Good wine list, good beer list and its right on River's Street accross from Mellow Mushroom.

Boone Drug(parson's choice) and Our Daily Bread (jamaican turkey sandwich) on King St. are also great for lunch on friday or before the game if you don't tailgate.

Chic-fil-a. Virginians "might" not know the wonders of CFA. Its rough to find up north.
Storie Street Grill in Blowing Rock has a great menu

Six Pence Pub in Blowing Rock is overpriced, but has really good pubfare, if you are into that kinda thing.

Tiajuana Fats in Blowing Rock is good tex-mexican food, and fairly cheap liquor.

Dos Amigo's is better, cheaper and more authentic mexican food. (but no liquor)

Hate to burst your bubble there....but there are literally dozens of Chic-fil-a's in Northern Virginia, DC and the MD suburbs. Oh, and there plenty of Chic-fil-a's as far north as Pittsburgh And Philadelphia.

phillyAPP
November 21st, 2007, 08:43 AM
A word of caution to folks coming into Boone from outside the area. Expect to see lots of state troopers between Wilkesboro and Boone on Hwy 421. I've noticed a lot more police activity in that area, not sure if it is related to the traffic heading "Up the Mountain" to Boone on game days. Either way, once you get to Wilkesboro it is a good idea to stick to the speed limit until you get to Boone. Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving to all, see you on Saturday!

Borat, it is diffficult to take you seriously with that picture BUT you are right.

BEWARE OF THE "BARNEY PHIFFS" on Route 421 going both ways. Cruise Control area.

ASU88
November 21st, 2007, 09:28 AM
Yes, yes, yes ... I can confirm about the State Troopers covering the last 30 miles to Boone.

Once I slow down to go through Wilkeboro, I always hit cruise the rest of the way in.

They WILL getcha!

appfan2008
November 21st, 2007, 09:35 AM
I can as well... everytime i go through that stretch down to wilkes they are sitting through there every mile or so... i keep it to under 60 in the 55... it is hard to do less as it is so flat and straight through there and wide open

biggie
November 21st, 2007, 09:58 AM
I can as well... everytime i go through that stretch down to wilkes they are sitting through there every mile or so... i keep it to under 60 in the 55... it is hard to do less as it is so flat and straight through there and wide open
I have lived just SE of Wilkesboro most of my life and on 421 start being on the lookout anywhere W of hwy 115 exit. Especially where it goes from 65 to 55, then all the way til you park.

Coming down the hill into Boone as it drops to 35 is a favorite little speed trap, cause most people don't want to hit there brakes when coasting in to town.

Hoboken Dukes
November 21st, 2007, 10:13 AM
wow, a couple blindside shots against manassas! i'm manassas born and raised, went to jmu, and live in hoboken now and work in nyc. have a ton of fam from philly and go there all the time, and was down in chucktown and raleigh this past sept. think that pretty much covers the towns mentioned in this thread.

the north and south each have their own pluses and minuses. take each place for what it has to offer and you'll be fine wherever you go.

plus, the ladies up here are suckers for a light southern twang. they flock like the salmon of capistrano.

james_lawfirm
November 21st, 2007, 10:58 AM
wow, the ladies up here are suckers for a light southern twang. they flock like the salmon of capistrano.

When I first read this post, I thought it said they flop like salmon. OK, it was flock. And what the heck is capistrano?

Son, when you come down here, it would be my suggestion that you leave such language in northern Va., if you don't want to be mis-understood.

Reminds me of various redneck jokes like:

Highway patrolman to redneck speeder: Boy, you got any ID?
Redneck speeder: 'Bout what?

In all seriousness, welcome to Boone this Saturday. Have fun, play hard, and good luck.

DuckDuckGriz
November 21st, 2007, 11:00 AM
When I first read this post, I thought it said they flop like salmon. OK, it was flock. And what the heck is capistrano?

Son, when you come down here, it would be my suggestion that you leave such language in northern Va., unless you don't want to be mis-understood.

Reminds me of various redneck jokes like:

Highway patrolman to redneck speeder: Boy, you got any ID?
Redneck speeder: 'Bout what?

In all seriousness, welcome to Boone this Saturday. Have fun, play hard, and good luck.

James James James - see my avatar for a hint. xreadx

ASUG8
November 21st, 2007, 11:04 AM

Sorry - that kind of thing must be a bit of a hot button for me, since I get a barrage of it daily. xnodx

appybybirth
November 21st, 2007, 12:20 PM
This is probably the most friendly thread I have ever seen. Any predictions? I know everyone is busy talking about speed limits, but what about a thought on the game.

Given App is hitting on all cylinders, I don't think this will be close. Can anyone confirm JMU's QB is out for the game?

App 44
JMU 21

JMU2004
November 21st, 2007, 12:44 PM
JMU's biggest loss since 2003 was the 21-10 setback to ASU, so I have to believe that this will be a close game.

If JMU gets healthy, I think we can run on ASU. If we can run, we can control the clock and keep the mighty ASU offense off the field and wear down the suspect D. That will be Coach Matthews plan, and if we can excute it, JMU should be able to win.

If our run game is shut down, I expect ASU should win fairly easily.

This is a +- 10 point game either way. ASU is a 7 point favorite at home, so these are 2 evenly matched teams.

SoCon48
November 21st, 2007, 12:52 PM
This is probably the most friendly thread I have ever seen. Any predictions? I know everyone is busy talking about speed limits, but what about a thought on the game.

Given App is hitting on all cylinders, I don't think this will be close. Can anyone confirm JMU's QB is out for the game?

App 44
JMU 21

ASU 32
JMU 31

appybybirth
November 21st, 2007, 12:55 PM
So is your QB playing or no? A game time decision? If he is out, App should win handly right?

appybybirth
November 21st, 2007, 01:03 PM
I look at it this way, all App's defense has to do is keep teams to under 30 and it will be three in a row no question. The problem is, I am not sure they can do it. I just don't see JMU being able to outscore App. I would be shocked if this was a 10 point game.

denverfan
November 21st, 2007, 01:05 PM
App. State should win by 21. JMU is not near the team they were a few years ago when they won it all. My bets are on Appy State to win it all.

james_lawfirm
November 21st, 2007, 01:07 PM
James James James - see my avatar for a hint. xreadx

Whaz 'at mean? M R DUCKS? M R NOT.

appybybirth
November 21st, 2007, 01:09 PM
Three touchdowns is exactly where i am at on this one. I don't know where the said 7 point spread is coming from, but I will take App against the points any day.

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
November 21st, 2007, 01:14 PM
Landers is questionable. He wants to play, says he is going to play, so my assumption is that he will play. How well he plays, no idea. Dudzik(the backup) has taken all the snaps in practice though. No matter who starts/plays:

JMU: 31
App: 28

and yes, blahblahblah Michigan blahblahblah over 30 every game blahblahblah @ the Rock

JMU wins in a tight fought battle between two great programs and schools xthumbsupx :D

SoCon48
November 21st, 2007, 02:18 PM

App 44
JMU 21

ASU 32
JMU 31

SoCon48
November 21st, 2007, 02:19 PM
Whaz 'at mean? M R DUCKS? M R NOT.

LOL

JMU2004
November 21st, 2007, 02:24 PM
I look at it this way, all App's defense has to do is keep teams to under 30 and it will be three in a row no question. The problem is, I am not sure they can do it. I just don't see JMU being able to outscore App. I would be shocked if this was a 10 point game.

We heard the same nonsense from UD, who probably have a better QB and RB than ASU. Thats taking nothing away from AE and Richardson, but Flacco and Cuff will be NFL draft picks. Flacco should go in the 1st day.

GreatAppSt
November 21st, 2007, 02:37 PM
We heard the same nonsense from UD, who probably have a better QB and RB than ASU. Thats taking nothing away from AE and Richardson, but Flacco and Cuff will be NFL draft picks. Flacco should go in the 1st day.
better NFL prospect QB does not always = better college QB.xtwocentsx Mr. Cuff and Mr. Richardson could be twins, I have seen and met them both.

citdog
November 21st, 2007, 02:41 PM
App by 24pts

JMU2004
November 21st, 2007, 02:43 PM
better NFL prospect QB does not always = better college QB.xtwocentsx Mr. Cuff and Mr. Richardson could be twins, I have seen and met them both.

I agree. I was just making the point that JMU has played a big time offense before.

JmuSkinsfan
November 21st, 2007, 02:47 PM
App. State should win by 21. JMU is not near the team they were a few years ago when they won it all. My bets are on Appy State to win it all.

You clearly haven't paid much attention to this year's JMU team and are probably just looking at our record. I hate to be a homer, but our two FCS losses were by a combined 4 points.

UD (37-34): Refs gave a fumble to UD that all parties agreed was a horrible call....set the momentum for the game early. Then JMU fumbled on a drive in the closing minutes while marching for a potential game winning score. JMU had 4 turnovers, UD had 0. One less turnover by JMU and they win that game..

UR (17-16): Simply put...this was the worst game I have ever seen JMU play. Had they completed a couple passes or gotten an extra yard here or there on the runs, this game is the other way around. No excuses for this one...

I was a senior in high school in 2004 when JMU won it all and did not catch any of their games...so I cannot comment on this...but there are some fans who think this JMU team has more potential and all-around talent than that 2004 team. And the scary thought is, almost everyone on offense is returning.

Landers will play. This is probably a ploy by MM to get App. State to focus on other players instead of Landers. I won't predict a score...but you App fans who think this will be an easy win... I can't wait to talk on Sunday. Hopefully JMU pulls this one out...and they should...if they can run all over App. And it won't be as high scoring as some of you may think...simply because JMU can win the TOP and keep your offense off the field....

And our defense aint bad. We finally got our starting CB Scottie McGee back after he missed a few games (UR and UD)...and he made a ton of great plays last week...so don't sleep on this JMU team...I think you will find that most knowledgeable fans see this game being close...and not a blowout...

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 03:13 PM
I was a senior at JMU in 2004 and watched almost every game. I was at the UD game we won at home. The W and M game we lost by a 50 yard field goal. The semi final we beat Wand M and the final in chatty against the griz. This years team is better than 04 and next years will be even better. Nothing against Rascati but Landers is better. He has more of a pressence on the field. HE can take over the game. Next year he is going to be a force and probably win the payton or be a finalist. OH and dont have any worries he will be running all over that cupcake run defense of ASU on SAT. The man came back into the Towson game after he got hurt. A week of rest and some tape.
HE will be knocking through them cupcakes. GET OFF ME. JMU is going to run the ball all day for 300 yards. ASU's high powered offense will be sitting on the sideline itching to get into the game.

JMU 34 ASU 24

proasu89
November 21st, 2007, 03:15 PM
I was a senior at JMU in 2004 and watched almost every game. I was at the UD game we won at home. The W and M game we lost by a 50 yard field goal. The semi final we beat Wand M and the final in chatty against the griz. This years team is better than 04 and next years will be even better. Nothing against Rascati but Landers is better. He has more of a pressence on the field. HE can take over the game. Next year he is going to be a force and probably win the payton or be a finalist. OH and dont have any worries he will be running all over that cupcake run defense of ASU on SAT. The man came back into the Towson game after he got hurt. A week of rest and some tape.
HE will be knocking through them cupcakes. GET OFF ME. JMU is going to run the ball all day for 300 yards. ASU's high powered offense will be sitting on the sideline itching to get into the game.

JMU 34 ASU 24

speechless:D

Black and Gold Express
November 21st, 2007, 03:16 PM
I have no doubt JMU will play tough and solid, they always do. However, ASU has one huge edge in this game that cannot be denied. The best player on either team will be handling every snap for ASU. Armanti is healthy now, and his passing game is almost back to 2006 form.

JMU can win the TOP all they want. Our offense has never needed much time to score in bunches, and JMU's defense is not the best we will have faced (and scored over 30 against). And while our defense is not the same as the last 2 years, they are not swiss cheese either. They'll make big plays when needed, many times enabling a permanent shift in momentum.

When all is said and done, ASU should win this game by two scores or more. The score may not show how good a game it was though.

Appguy
November 21st, 2007, 03:16 PM
Flacco should go in the 1st day.

Flacco will lucky to be a free agent pick up and get on a practice squad, Cuff could go late rounds though

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 03:17 PM
AS u will be SATURDAY AFTERNOON. at least you wont have along drive home being speechless.

asknoquarter21
November 21st, 2007, 03:17 PM
so is the whole team better now or is the QB better now?

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 03:19 PM
I believe I specifically answered that question maybe you should read the post again

asknoquarter21
November 21st, 2007, 03:20 PM
im looking forward to seeing the seats empty at half time

elder in the 4th quarter

JMU better hope they arent on offense first

asknoquarter21
November 21st, 2007, 03:25 PM
it takes a good team to win a national championship

guess it takes a better team to lose in the first round

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 03:26 PM
your right elder will be playing in the fourth quarter because armanti will be knocked out of the game and your stadium will be half empty because all the ASU fans will be leaving early. Dont worry you will get your wish

KiddBrewer
November 21st, 2007, 03:29 PM
ha i knew when this thread started off friendly it would soon escalate.....i love it, cant wait til saturday.:D

KiddBrewer
November 21st, 2007, 03:29 PM
your right elder will be playing in the fourth quarter because armanti will be knocked out of the game and your stadium will be half empty because all the ASU fans will be leaving early. Dont worry you will get your wish

you been to the rock before? just curious

asknoquarter21
November 21st, 2007, 03:30 PM
down 18 points in the 4th quarter to GSU it was hard to find many empty seats.

ASU fans are leaving the same time JMU is getting ready for spring practice

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 03:35 PM
You remember that day well. You remember that feeling well. I should not have to tell you this but Come prepared bring your tissues and your blankets. Get ready to do alot of crying and sitting in the cold.

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 03:35 PM
I wish i could make it to THE PEBBLE this weekend I would bring you some for u.

ASU88
November 21st, 2007, 03:36 PM
I'm not looking for a blowout in this one.

ASU has had trouble putting teams away this year, even with very sizable leads. Also, most teams have been able to find enough success against our defense to score close to 30 points if not more.

So, while ASU brings in the best, most explosive offense they've had, that is offset somewhat by their tendancy to give up yards and points.

However, in a close game between two evenly matched teams, I'll take the home team.

ASU - 31
JMU - 27

(I hope)

asknoquarter21
November 21st, 2007, 03:39 PM

YOUR NOT EVEN GOING!!!

hmm...i hope the crowd isnt a factor in the game xlolx

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 03:43 PM
I wish I could go. I dont have any effect on the game and that does not mean thousands of faithful JMU fans wont go. I will be watching on TV in my warm house. Then going to check out my second favorite team for free.

GO DUKES GO SPIDERS

The Moody1
November 21st, 2007, 03:48 PM
YOUR NOT EVEN GOING!!!

hmm...i hope the crowd isnt a factor in the game xlolx

This Alexale clown is the worst smack talker I have read in a while. At least he MAY still be able to pull for his beloved Spiders after Saturday. What kind of a dip stick has two favorite teams in the same conference? xlolx

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
November 21st, 2007, 03:50 PM
This Alexale clown is the worst smack talker I have read in a while. At least he MAY still be able to pull for his beloved Spiders after Saturday. What kind of a dip stick has two favorite teams in the same conference? xlolx

yeah, especially Richmond xnonox xconfusedx

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2007, 03:50 PM
Yes, yes, yes ... I can confirm about the State Troopers covering the last 30 miles to Boone.

Once I slow down to go through Wilkeboro, I always hit cruise the rest of the way in.

They WILL getcha!
Been there, done that, paid my $300.

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 03:51 PM
You are truly stupid. I have lived in Richmond my entire life and graduated from JMU. Is that to hard to understand for an ASU grad

GannonFan
November 21st, 2007, 03:51 PM
I wish I could go. I dont have any effect on the game and that does not mean thousands of faithful JMU fans wont go. I will be watching on TV in my warm house. Then going to check out my second favorite team for free.

GO DUKES GO SPIDERS

Thousands??? You think?? You guys couldn't even get 500 to come to Newark and that game was scheduled more than a year in advance. You guys had to cancel a bus (that's right, couldn't fill a bus) because of lack of interest. I think JMU's got a real good and big fanbase, they really do, but they aren't known as a very good travelling fanbase. I'm sure the game being on some television and the noon start will greatly diminish the presence of Dukes fans at the game.

james_lawfirm
November 21st, 2007, 03:54 PM
You are truly stupid. I have lived in Richmond my entire life and graduated from JMU. Is that to hard to understand for an ASU grad

Let's be nice, or I'll tell the moderator.

alexale23
Exactly who the ell wants to go to Newark. You answered your own statement

citdog
Thousands??? You think?? You guys couldn't even get 500 to come to Newark and that game was scheduled more than a year in advance. You guys had to cancel a bus (that's right, couldn't fill a bus) because of lack of interest. I think JMU's got a real good and big fanbase, they really do, but they aren't known as a very good travelling fanbase. I'm sure the game being on some television and the noon start will greatly diminish the presence of Dukes fans at the game.

ONE BUS? The Greenville, SC The Citadel Club filled up a WHOLE BUS just with members on their trip this year.

bench
November 21st, 2007, 03:56 PM

Will this in turn greatly diminish the presence of streamers?

citdog
November 21st, 2007, 03:56 PM

the difference betwixt to and too must not be taught at jmu. why not two, too?xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 03:59 PM
just because JMU fans can afford to drive and do not have to take a bus. DOes not mean anything

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2007, 03:59 PM

First, it's "you're."

Second, last time Elder came in to replace an injured QB in the playoffs he threw a TD on his first play and App marched to Chattanooga to win the NC. I won't be too worried if it came to that.

I think it will be closer than any black and gold at KB will want. I think the final score will be 31-21 Appalachian, but will be closer than the score would indicate.

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 04:01 PM
This is a chat forum if you noticed. THis is not an English class why dont u go back and proof read all the posts and email the people who made a mistake

The Moody1
November 21st, 2007, 04:01 PM

Oh, yeah it is so obvious from your posts that you grew up in Richmond. xoopsx

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2007, 04:03 PM

I wish you could too, I bet you'd look quite manly in all that purple. Hey newby, what's with all the hostility? You need to get some BoJangles and some beer and the world will work itself out. We should really be against all those Yankee teams in your conference.

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2007, 04:06 PM
This is a chat forum if you noticed. THis is not an English class why dont u go back and proof read all the posts and email the people who made a mistake

That's a good come back. It's not my fault your grammar is poor. I was just trying to help out. But, you're right, I haven't noticed that this is a chat forum. Thank you for pointing that out. Have you not learned how to quote what you're referencing yet? It helps the chat forum stay fluid...check into it.

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 04:06 PM
are u calling me a newbie. YOu can clearly see I have been registered one month longer than you. Why would u say that.

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2007, 04:09 PM
are u calling me a newbie. YOu can clearly see I have been registered one month longer than you. Why would u say that.

Because you're struggling with how to quote. It's ok, let's burry the hatchet. I am curious though, as to why you are so hostile Appalachian?

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 04:10 PM
Because you're struggling with how to quote.

ARE U HAPPY

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2007, 04:11 PM
ARE U HAPPY

SWEET...nice form. xbeerchugx

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 04:13 PM
do u fee manly in yellow?

DuckDuckGriz
November 21st, 2007, 04:15 PM

How much is the fee for yellow

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2007, 04:16 PM

Not really, that's why I usually wear black.

bench
November 21st, 2007, 04:16 PM

I pee mainly in yellow, if that's what you're asking.

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 04:18 PM
yes exactly know your talking

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 04:21 PM
I wish you could too, I bet you'd look quite manly in all that purple. Hey newby, what's with all the hostility? You need to get some BoJangles and some beer and the world will work itself out. We should really be against all those Yankee teams in your conference.

I would rather be the guy wearing purple than the guy that gets beat by the guy wearing purple.

JMU2004
November 21st, 2007, 04:24 PM
wow.... This thread had been great, and one poster turns it into a pissing match. Alexale, be quiet please. Or go to the smack board. Or, go play on the spider board......Are you sure you aren't a spider impersonating a JMU fan? It wouldn't be the first time thats happened.....

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 04:25 PM
ARE u sure you are not an ASU fan?

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 04:27 PM
why dont you congrats ASU a little more on being the champs Im sure they would like to hear it

citdog
November 21st, 2007, 04:28 PM
We should really be against all those Yankee teams in your conference.

ASUMountaineer has promise! xthumbsupx xrulesx xnodx

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2007, 04:31 PM
ASUMountaineer has promise! xthumbsupx xrulesx xnodx

Thanks citdog.

citdog
November 21st, 2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks citdog.

you're quite welcome!xthumbsupx

JMU2004
November 21st, 2007, 04:39 PM
why dont you congrats ASU a little more on being the champs Im sure they would like to hear it

it's called sportsmanship. You CAN be a fan and classy at the same time.

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 04:46 PM
Well maybe its time to take it down. Considering we are about to play them. IT could be misunderstood as something else. Why on earth would you be congrats to a team we are about to go to battle against.

KiddBrewer
November 21st, 2007, 04:49 PM
hey james madison fans, i used to have a good opinion on your fan base....til someonexcoffeex xoopsx xlolx showed up

JMU2004
November 21st, 2007, 04:49 PM
Well maybe its time to take it down. Considering we are about to play them. IT could be misunderstood as something else. Why on earth would you be congrats to a team we are about to go to battle against.

noted...you are right and I will take it down until after the game.

ASU88
November 21st, 2007, 05:00 PM
Alex, my friend, YOU aren't battling anyone ...

... relax ...

... or I'll be inclined to think you are the 10-year old brother, or perhaps sister, of a JMU student rather than an actual student ... actual students not being predisposed to such idiocy in each and every post!

ASUG8
November 21st, 2007, 05:27 PM
yes exactly know your talking

Is English you second or third language? Just checking, because 1) you can't spell, 2)your postings border on nonsense. Take another valium, or go kick the dog or something. This isn't even the smack forum - take it there.

I look forward to a hard fought game on both sides, and I hope the Boonies show the Dukes some good hospitality Saturday. Go Apps!

JmuSkinsfan
November 21st, 2007, 05:36 PM
Hahaha. This thread started to slow a bit til Alexale came to the rescue.

I'm still not sure if anyone addressed my post from page 30 where I brought up some points as to why this game may be closer than most think. I really do think JMU has a shot to win this one.

As far as home field goes...haven't many of you already expressed that you'll probably see no more than 50% of the stadium filled? I mean, that's still a decent number, but it's nothing this JMU team hasn't had to deal with all year...

citdog
November 21st, 2007, 05:37 PM
or go kick the dog or something.

don't do that!xmadx xmadx xlolx

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
November 21st, 2007, 05:46 PM
Let me address a few things:
1) JMU did cancel the bus for the alumni from Harrisonburg but that was because most fans are planning on making a weekend of it and going down on their own
2) JMU sold most of its allotment, so including the band around 1,400 JMU faithful give or take a few should be present (we received 1000 tickets + 200 student tickets + band)
3) The streamers will be out in full force along with a few other surprises we have for ASUxthumbsupx
4) Alex, chill man. Obviously they want to correct your spelling and grammar, so just do a quick recheck before you hit "Submit Reply". It's all good. But I love the enthusiasm. But Richmond? really?
5) Most of us staying at the Broyhill and from the sounds of it, probably tailgating in Greenwood (?) Lot, will any of you fine folks be there? If so, shoot me a PM, love to share a beverage with opposing fans.
6) ASU fans last year were pretty brutal towards us, so I am just hoping everyone is in a festive better mood this time around.
7) Looking forward to a great game and JMU win so next year will be for the best of 3 matchupxthumbsupx

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 05:46 PM
i appreciate the support jmuskinsfan. There was a jmu fan congrats ASU on their titles here earlier. AS far as CITDOG goes he is just mad cause his team is at home doing pushups

citdog
November 21st, 2007, 05:48 PM
i appreciate the support jmuskinsfan. There was a jmu fan congrats ASU on their titles here earlier. AS far as THE CITDOG goes he is just mad cause his team would have won the pissant conference jmu plays in

accuracy can be fun!

Griz40
November 21st, 2007, 05:48 PM
DaveK did you move???? Change your name???

CID1990
November 21st, 2007, 05:49 PM

I pee mainly in yellow, unless I been drinkin.

CID1990
November 21st, 2007, 05:50 PM
I pee mainly in yellow, if that's what you're asking.

Darn, I should read through all the posts before getting clever.

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
November 21st, 2007, 05:52 PM
guys, yellow pee isnt good. try drinking some more water. may be dehydratedxsmiley_wix

The Moody1
November 21st, 2007, 05:57 PM
As far as home field goes...haven't many of you already expressed that you'll probably see no more than 50% of the stadium filled? I mean, that's still a decent number, but it's nothing this JMU team hasn't had to deal with all year...

Judging from what I have read about our ticket sales there should be well over 16k in attendance. That is more like 98% filled.

APPST '93
November 21st, 2007, 05:59 PM
JMU's biggest loss since 2003 was the 21-10 setback to ASU, so I have to believe that this will be a close game.

If JMU gets healthy, I think we can run on ASU. If we can run, we can control the clock and keep the mighty ASU offense off the field and wear down the suspect D. That will be Coach Matthews plan, and if we can excute it, JMU should be able to win.

If our run game is shut down, I expect ASU should win fairly easily.

This is a +- 10 point game either way. ASU is a 7 point favorite at home, so these are 2 evenly matched teams.

UNC-37
JMU-14

mcveyrl
November 21st, 2007, 06:13 PM
In the words of Ron Burgundy...that escalated quicly...

Anybody heard about the status of Landers??

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 06:16 PM
yeah LAnders has been eating Creampuffs all week getting ready for ASU run defense

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
November 21st, 2007, 06:24 PM
yeah LAnders has been eating Creampuffs all week getting ready for ASU run defense

xlolx now that is funnyxnodx

APPST '93
November 21st, 2007, 06:32 PM

Actually, they were pastries delivered courtesy of Van Wilder. xsmiley_wix

JmuSkinsfan
November 21st, 2007, 06:40 PM
Landers will play. Don't worry. MM is just trying to throw a wrench in ASU's planning. Hell, after he went out of the game, he came back in and made that acrobatic 24 yard TD run down the sideline.

I thought ASU's stadium held 27,000? How is 16K 98%??

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 06:46 PM
The PEBBLE holds 16,650

mcveyrl
November 21st, 2007, 06:46 PM
Actually, they were pastries delivered courtesy of Van Wilder. xsmiley_wix

:pumpuke: :pumpuke: :pumpuke:

Grossest scene in any movie EVER!!

Landers will play. Don't worry. MM is just trying to throw a wrench in ASU's planning. Hell, after he went out of the game, he came back in and made that acrobatic 24 yard TD run down the sideline.

No, their attendance is 27K, 16K is 98% of capacity. Like when we have 16K and Bridgeforth only holds 14K, only more.

APPST '93
November 21st, 2007, 06:48 PM
:pumpuke: :pumpuke: :pumpuke:

Grossest scene in any movie EVER!!

Funny as sh$t though...

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 06:55 PM
But they taste so goodhttp://www.lewismoten.com/wp-content/vanwilderpastrie.jpg

KiddBrewer
November 21st, 2007, 07:27 PM

we had roughly 162% of capacity of attendance this year.....not too shabbyxrolleyesx

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 21st, 2007, 07:40 PM
I'm looking forward to a great game between two great programs. This will be my first trip to the Rock.

I'm not a big fan of the smack board, but Alex, you need to take your crap over there.

Go Dukes.......

phillyAPP
November 21st, 2007, 07:46 PM
I'm looking forward to a great game between two great programs. This will be my first trip to the Rock.

I'm not a big fan of the smack board, but Alex, you need to take your crap over there.

Go Dukes.......

Thank you for saying that. It sounds better coming from you. We all will have a great time in Boone and see great football without the smack.

I can't wait until saturday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMU2004
November 21st, 2007, 07:47 PM

Go Dukes.......

Amen

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2007, 08:08 PM
Hahaha. This thread started to slow a bit til Alexale came to the rescue.

I'm still not sure if anyone addressed my post from page 30 where I brought up some points as to why this game may be closer than most think. I really do think JMU has a shot to win this one.

I agree with you. I can easily see this game going back and forth with a lot of scoring. Landers reminds me of Collier down at Wofford. Good size, athletic, rushing QB. We're going to have to put together (finally) a whole game up front on defense to slow this guy down, even if he's only 80%. I predicted ASU would win 31-21, but it will be closer than that score shows. Although, I'm hoping for another game like the Western game. :D

APPride
November 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM
wow.... This thread had been great, and one poster turns it into a pissing match. Alexale, be quiet please. Or go to the smack board. Or, go play on the spider board......Are you sure you aren't a spider impersonating a JMU fan? It wouldn't be the first time thats happened.....

Wow, stop reading this thread for an afternoon and all this nonsense pops up...whatever his agenda is, I ain't falling for it...such as him posing as those new App posters "claiming 21 points easy" on the victory margin, etc.! xnonox please...

ASUG8
November 21st, 2007, 08:19 PM
The PEBBLE holds 16,650

Aren't you up past your bedtime?

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 21st, 2007, 08:26 PM

Don't get him started........he's probably already wet the bed and his mom is changing the sheets.......

JMU2004
November 21st, 2007, 08:28 PM

Don't bait him.... I do not want him representing JMU on these boards.

alexale23
November 21st, 2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah im up past my bedtime. its 930 u fool.

DUKES

appsfan
November 21st, 2007, 08:36 PM

Go Dukes.......

You will enjoy the environment here. BTW, what is your estimated head count for the band members that will make the game?

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 21st, 2007, 08:49 PM
You will enjoy the environment here. BTW, what is your estimated head count for the band members that will make the game?

My son is guessing around 200 of the 385 will make the trip. Road games are volunteer basis only, unless it's the final. I know the entire band went to W&M and Chatty in 2004.

What about ASU band? I'm looking forward to hearing them.

appsfan
November 21st, 2007, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure as I don't have a contact in the band. However, based on what some other posters have said, I would expect most (85% to 90%) there.

appybybirth
November 21st, 2007, 10:28 PM
I am glad people finally started to talk about the game as opposed to speed limits and tailgates. I just wonder, do JMU folks honestly think they will win. I mean, I went into Michigan and thought ASU had no shot. They ended up winning, but I didn't say, oh, I knew it all along.

App State 41

JMU 21

JMU2004
November 21st, 2007, 10:59 PM
I am glad people finally started to talk about the game as opposed to speed limits and tailgates. I just wonder, do JMU folks honestly think they will win. I mean, I went into Michigan and thought ASU had no shot. They ended up winning, but I didn't say, oh, I knew it all along.

App State 41

JMU 21

I think we have a solid shot. JMU is a more physical team, while ASU is more skilled. Coach Moore will say the same thing. JMU was killed by a bad call on PI last year(The video is on youtube, and it is obvious) and 2 trips in the redzone with a total of 3 points.. We were down 21-3 before we knew it. We actualy outgained ASU by around 100 yds. Of course, this was when AE came into the picture, and he is much better than Elder.

As I said earlier.... If JMU can run the ball, and avoid turnovers, then we will win. Obviously, it will depend on our health.

ASU
November 21st, 2007, 11:03 PM
lol....Virginia is STILL the South, and Chick-Fil-A is plenty big up here. I always laugh at people who think Virginia is Northern. Come to Richmond, Harrisonburg, Charlottesville, Lexington, Roanoke, etc....and if you still think Virginia is Northern, I will laugh. Do not lump D.C. and surrounding areas into the rest of Virginia. Thanks

But since you are in a Northern dominated athletic conference....people start thinking that way.

Mountaineer#96
November 21st, 2007, 11:12 PM
As I said earlier.... If JMU can run the ball, and avoid turnovers, then we will win. Obviously, it will depend on our health.

Isn't that what every team attempts to accomplish........ I am going to make this simple. You guys will run the ball, our secondary and special teams will likely force some turnovers. What JMU as a football team should be concerned about is :
A. Can you stop our offense?
B. Can your offense put up more than 35 on our D? (even that won't give ya a win just ask WCU)
C. Will the Ingle Martin ice curse return?
D. Why isn't this game on TV?
E. Stop your players from giving our team loads of locker room pinup material ......
ie: "Sophomore cornerback Scotty McGee was even more outspoken.“Who cares?” McGee said Sunday. “Who cares? We’re playing football and anything can happen on any given day. I’m not worried about that. I’m not worried about what they did to Michigan. That don’t matter. We’re going down there, the James Madison Dukes are going to show them how to play. It’s as simple as that.” - taken from The Daily News & Record

I think Scotty needs to shut up.......

grayghost06
November 21st, 2007, 11:36 PM
App by 24pts

Now I know we're gonna win. CitDog took the Rebs to win against Sherman xlolx

ASU
November 22nd, 2007, 12:19 AM

General Lee and hundreds of thousands are turning over right now hearing you use Sherman to represent a Virginia school. Maybe you ARE in the right conference, just where you belong. Certainly makes me want the score to be a run-a-way now. I thought you guys had Some class before hearing that.

BDKJMU
November 22nd, 2007, 02:05 AM

GO DUKES GO SPIDERS

xeekx xconfusedx Thats like saying GO HOKIES. Go WAHOOS, or whatever UVGay says. Or if you're in NC, Go TARHEELS. Go WOFFPACK. Any JMU fan who roots for UR has got issues. xnonox That just sounds plain confused.

BDKJMU
November 22nd, 2007, 02:52 AM
UNC-37
JMU-14

I know, excuses are like you know what....

But UNC did
-block a punt, recovered at JMU 1 yard line- scored a TD.
-Partially blocked another punt- scored TD after that.
-Landers funbled his 1st snap. UNC threw a long TD pass right after that.
-Had another long bomb completion that set up a TD.
-Landers threw a pick (wasn't really his fault, receiver bobbled it that was returned I think it was the JMU 12 and UNC got a field goal here.

As you can see UNC got 4 TDs set up by special teams or long balls. Never just drove the the field on JMU. JMU punting was horrible- UNC's avg 1st half starting possession was JMU's 40 something.

Rushing wise it was UNC 100 yards on 34 carries, 2.9 a carry, JMU rushing for 150 on 44 carries, 3.4.
Passig wise UNC had 227, JMU 100.
Total offense was 327 UNC, 250 JMU

JMU was playing without BOTH starting corners (one still recovering from offseason hamstring surgery and the other suspended for a DUI- they were both back the following week against UNH), going against by far the best receivers JMU has faced all year. One as a true freshman last year was 3rd in the ACC in receiving, broke most of the UNC freshman receiving records, and was the leading returning receiver in the ACC. Another was honorable mention All ACC, and JMU was trying to cover those guys with backup corners.

JMU2004
November 22nd, 2007, 03:05 AM
Isn't that what every team attempts to accomplish........ I am going to make this simple. You guys will run the ball, our secondary and special teams will likely force some turnovers. What JMU as a football team should be concerned about is :
A. Can you stop our offense?
B. Can your offense put up more than 35 on our D? (even that won't give ya a win just ask WCU)
C. Will the Ingle Martin ice curse return?
D. Why isn't this game on TV?
E. Stop your players from giving our team loads of locker room pinup material ......
ie: "Sophomore cornerback Scotty McGee was even more outspoken.“Who cares?” McGee said Sunday. “Who cares? We’re playing football and anything can happen on any given day. I’m not worried about that. I’m not worried about what they did to Michigan. That don’t matter. We’re going down there, the James Madison Dukes are going to show them how to play. It’s as simple as that.” - taken from The Daily News & Record

I think Scotty needs to shut up.......

Hey Hoss. I will play this game with you all day......

JMU will be a stiff challenge.

Aside from that statement, I am tired of trash talk. I like to think that JMU and ASU, as future 1A conference mates, are over trash talking. If you look at ASU and JMU enhancements, you will see that it is obvious that we are joined at the hip. ASU is going to 30,000-40,000.. JMU is expanding to the EXACT same demensions. I really don't want to bicker with ASU.............

APPST '93
November 22nd, 2007, 06:33 AM
I know, excuses are like you know what....

But UNC did
-block a punt, recovered at JMU 1 yard line- scored a TD.
-Partially blocked another punt- scored TD after that.
-Landers funbled his 1st snap. UNC threw a long TD pass right after that.
-Had another long bomb completion that set up a TD.
-Landers threw a pick (wasn't really his fault, receiver bobbled it that was returned I think it was the JMU 12 and UNC got a field goal here.

As you can see UNC got 4 TDs set up by special teams or long balls. Never just drove the the field on JMU. JMU punting was horrible- UNC's avg 1st half starting possession was JMU's 40 something.

Rushing wise it was UNC 100 yards on 34 carries, 2.9 a carry, JMU rushing for 150 on 44 carries, 3.4.
Passig wise UNC had 227, JMU 100.
Total offense was 327 UNC, 250 JMU

JMU was playing without BOTH starting corners (one still recovering from offseason hamstring surgery and the other suspended for a DUI- they were both back the following week against UNH), going against by far the best receivers JMU has faced all year. One as a true freshman last year was 3rd in the ACC in receiving, broke most of the UNC freshman receiving records, and was the leading returning receiver in the ACC. Another was honorable mention All ACC, and JMU was trying to cover those guys with backup corners.

By the way, we are great at blocking punts and FG's. I hope you fixed that area.

Sam Adams
November 22nd, 2007, 07:21 AM
By the way, we are great at blocking punts and FG's. I hope you fixed that area.

Why would an app fan hope JMU fixed that area? Don't you want App to win the ball game? xpopcornx

ASUMountaineer
November 22nd, 2007, 07:35 AM
Hey Hoss. I will play this game with you all day......

JMU will be a stiff challenge.

Aside from that statement, I am tired of trash talk. I like to think that JMU and ASU, as future 1A conference mates, are over trash talking. If you look at ASU and JMU enhancements, you will see that it is obvious that we are joined at the hip. ASU is going to 30,000-40,000.. JMU is expanding to the EXACT same demensions. I really don't want to bicker with ASU.............

Luckily, neither school can start the process for at least four years.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 22nd, 2007, 07:40 AM

App State 41

JMU 21

On selection Sunday, everyone had App St winning a 3rd straight. That may happen and it may not.

Does JMU have a chance in this game....yes indeed.......capable of winning this game.....yes indeed........

What makes you think we can't win?

ASUMountaineer
November 22nd, 2007, 07:43 AM
On selection Sunday, everyone had App St winning a 3rd straight. That may happen and it may not.

Does JMU have a chance in this game....yes indeed.......capable of winning this game.....yes indeed........

I concur, no one game UMass a chance to beat Montana last year. JMU is better than a lot of people think. I wouldn't say I'm worried because I am always confident when App steps on the field--but, anything can happen.

phillyAPP
November 22nd, 2007, 07:54 AM

Maybe its his birthrite, the fact is JMU can win it will be determined by players on the field not by any of us. Mistakes and execution will determine the game unless the referees mess things up.

ASU loves the playoffs because we don't get the same lame refs from the SoCon.

It should be a great first round game.

KiddBrewer
November 22nd, 2007, 08:35 AM
I concur, no one game UMass a chance to beat Montana last year. JMU is better than a lot of people think. I wouldn't say I'm worried because I am always confident when App steps on the field--but, anything can happen.

actually...i had a perfect bracket last year....hope im right againxcoffeex xrulesx

Mountaineer#96
November 22nd, 2007, 08:51 AM

Thats sorta low buddy.........don't use history as an insult.

ASU
November 22nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
Thats sorta low buddy.........don't use history as an insult.

Agree.....think of all the guys fighting overseas who would love to take a few hours out and just watch this game. James Madison doesn't need to be anyone except itself. Appalachian and James Madison have a long football tradition and should just take pride in that. Win or lose I hope that it is a clean played game that is not decided by a field goal at the end. Hope that there is a clear winner. xbandwagonx

alexale23
November 22nd, 2007, 11:30 AM
xeekx xconfusedx Thats like saying GO HOKIES. Go WAHOOS, or whatever UVGay says. Or if you're in NC, Go TARHEELS. Go WOFFPACK. Any JMU fan who roots for UR has got issues. xnonox That just sounds plain confused.

Why cant I root for my home town team to win. If they play each other. Im not confused. Why does it matter who I root for when they dont play each other. Why is that so hard for you to understand. When they play each other
I know who to root for.

The Moody1
November 22nd, 2007, 12:21 PM
When they play each other
I know who to root for.

Let me guess. You root for whoever is winning.

alexale23
November 22nd, 2007, 01:42 PM
I sure hope your stupidity is not a reflection of you education. I have lived in Richmond all my life. why cant i root for them. Last year I went to the JMU RICHMOND game and was all JMU. I was heckling their fans when we crushed them.

Peems
November 22nd, 2007, 01:52 PM

That's not true at all. When people say stuff like "no one gives us a chance" it's plain not true. There are many people who think JMU can win and many who think ASU can win. Just like when people thought UMass could win or Montana could win. I will agree that more people think ASU will win this game over JMU

AlphaSigMD
November 22nd, 2007, 02:03 PM

Maybe I dangled a participle in there somewhere. I wasn't meaning to imply the Virginia is the north, or that certainly wasn't my intention in writing the post...I mean, Richmond was the the capital of the confederate states of america for a while.

BUT, I have had difficulty finding CFA in Virginia on the way up to NJ, but there are several in maryland on the 12 mile stretch on I-81. Its also really tough to find it in NJ.

Also, according to my girlfriend, a LOT of the students from JMU come from the northeast and new england area.(apparently a lot of students have both Elon and James Madison on their short list of schools as No. 1 or No. 2 options, and they siphon off the other's admissions) So they may not have access to them at home. I know I have to drive 25 minutes to get to the closest CFA in NJ. I think there are a few in the boston suburbs though.

Either way, Backyard Burger is also AWESOME! I forgot to mention that, and I KNOW there are not too many of those around!xthumbsupx

The Moody1
November 22nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
I sure hope your stupidity is not a reflection of you education. I have lived in Richmond all my life. why cant i root for them. Last year I went to the JMU RICHMOND game and was all JMU. I was heckling their fans when we crushed them.

You are the poster boy for stupidity. Grow a set and pick a team, loser. If Richmond would have won I am sure you would have heckled JMU fans. By the way only a weak punk heckles opposing fans at a game. I am sure you did it from a distance. Is 23 your age or your IQ?

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 22nd, 2007, 02:28 PM
Maybe I dangled a participle in there somewhere. I wasn't meaning to imply the Virginia is the north, or that certainly wasn't my intention in writing the post...I mean, Richmond was the the capital of the confederate states of america for a while.

BUT, I have had difficulty finding CFA in Virginia on the way up to NJ, but there are several in maryland on the 12 mile stretch on I-81. Its also really tough to find it in NJ.

Also, according to my girlfriend, a LOT of the students from JMU come from the northeast and new england area.(apparently a lot of students have both Elon and James Madison on their short list of schools as No. 1 or No. 2 options, and they siphon off the other's admissions) So they may not have access to them at home. I know I have to drive 25 minutes to get to the closest CFA in NJ. I think there are a few in the boston suburbs though.

Either way, Backyard Burger is also AWESOME! I forgot to mention that, and I KNOW there are not too many of those around!xthumbsupx

If you don't have In-N-Out Burger you don't have S%*T

Peems
November 22nd, 2007, 02:35 PM

xnodxxnodx

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1055/562411329_ccfb14c6fe.jpg

The Moody1
November 22nd, 2007, 03:18 PM

I won't respond to your personal attacks due to your obvious immaturity. Are we supposed to be impressed because you heckled another teams fans? I am sure if Richmond would have won you would have heckled the JMU fans (from a safe distance, of coarse). Tell Mommy you enjoyed the Turkey and be in bed by 9:00. ;)

AlphaSigMD
November 22nd, 2007, 03:26 PM

LET ME MAKE THIS PERFECTLY CLEAR:

The SOUTH has Chick-fil-a, Backyard Burger, Bojangles, Varsity and Cookout Burger.

The West has in-and-out burger and jack-in-the-box, both of which are not nearly as good as even backyard burger. The only reason in-and-out burger is even all that popular is because the celebrities like paris hilton and her cronies are seen eating there after hours. I piss on your in-and-out burger.xlolx

The Southern food chains got their reputation the old fashioned way, they EARNED it. (by being the best damn fast food on the planet).xthumbsupx

alexale23
November 22nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
Dont worry Moody all your insults will mean nothing after Saturday when your mouth will be shut. You will have no reason to post anything because you will be sitting at home stunned and out of the playoffs. When that happens dont come on here crying about how you should have won.

JmuSkinsfan
November 22nd, 2007, 04:55 PM
Anyway, back to the game. I'm excited to go to Boone for the first time. I hope I remember it...the bus trip down will be a doozie (SIC)! :)

Best of luck to ASU...but I really am getting sick of these "we will win by 3 scores" posts...because that shows pure ignorance. ASU is good, and yes, you did carry the flag for FCS and beat Michigan, for which I am grateful. But you showed your vulnerability in losing to Wofford, and your defense seems to be struggling. JMU could EASILY be hosting this game in Harrisonburg had it not been for a blown call in the UD game and a couple dropped passes against UR. It will be a close game, and maybe the scoreboard will not indicate this, but believe me when I say the game will be hard fought and come pretty close to the wire...

KiddBrewer
November 22nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
this threads more about competition between regions of the US, and personally i love it.

appsfan
November 22nd, 2007, 05:59 PM
I have unscientifically compared the stats of both teams and the score I come up with is : ASU 31 - JMU 28. It should be a good game and I hope that we do get a late score to make the margin a bit wider (to keep me from having a stroke late in the game.) Go Mountaineers!

appstate1998
November 22nd, 2007, 06:36 PM
none of those compare to Hilltop Drive-In. If you have ever lived in boone and haven't eaten at this hole in the wall grease pit...you haven't lived

Monarch History
November 22nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
I'll be glad when the battle can be fought on the field and not on these boards.xblahblahx

I think this could be one of the best games this weekend.xthumbsupx

appmountaineer
November 22nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Go apps! i look foreward to meeting the JMU band members

ERASU2113
November 22nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
be sure to dress warm Saturday........gonna be a little chilly ;)

Mountaineer#96
November 22nd, 2007, 09:56 PM

AGREED....... Alpha having sampled a ton of burgers Inn-n-Out is hands down the best. Go APP!!

feb18blacksunday
November 22nd, 2007, 10:07 PM
Come on over to Peppers and have a Jean Lawson Special, you'll forget the other corporate place. The game will be decided by the kickin game in my opinion.

Longhorn
November 22nd, 2007, 10:36 PM
Foster is quite possibly the fastest player in the FCS sans Dexter Jackson (200 yard SoCon Champ). Landers is much bigger than Foster, but no one not even AE has the speed of Foster.

This game will come down to who can stop the other team's QB and of course turnovers.

I agree with you. AE is very quick, not particularly big, but you can't hit or tackle what you can't catch. I honestly thought he was the biggest single factor in your win over JMU in '06.

I've not seen Foster play yet, and I'm really hoping I get to catch him on TV next year. The reports of Foster's play are very impressive. Don't know how Lander's speed stacks up to Foster, but Landers is a legit sub 4.4 guy....I've seen reports of around 4.38...which was why so many FBS schools wanted Landers to play CB. If Lander's ankle is still bothering him come Saturday, or JMU doesn't get our 1st team CAA C (Lemn) back from his ankle injury, the Dukes may not be as much of a threat running the ball.

Longhorn
November 22nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
I just wonder, do JMU folks honestly think they will win.

If our OL and QB we're 100% I'd feel very confident in predicting a JMU win. And even tho I'm certain Landers will play, how effective he'll be, and how well a patched up OL plays in front of him is anybody's guess. The game will be +/- 10 points either way.

GreatAppSt
November 23rd, 2007, 12:33 AM
I'll be glad when the battle can be fought on the field and not on these boards.xblahblahx

I think this could be one of the best games this weekend.xthumbsupx
It will be but until then this is the best we have, and it's fun.xthumbsupx

Hoboken Dukes
November 23rd, 2007, 12:42 AM
not sure if this has been posted before, haven't seen it yet. but on the weekly radio show that mmathews did on on wed night in harrisonburg, he told a story about how his staff exchanged constructive criticism with the app state staff after the game last year.

said they were extremely honest, "some of what they said hit our assistant coaches between the eyes, and some of what we said hit their assistant coaches between the eyes." mentioned that jmu told app state that we thought the older qb they had, elder, wasn't as good as edwards.

app state told our staff that holloman was the best back we had. mm responded that they were thinking of redshirting him that very week. app state staff said their d players mentioned how fast he was when they came back to the sideline.

apologies if this is common knowledge here.

oh yeah,
jmu 34
app 27

SoCon48
November 23rd, 2007, 04:40 AM
none of those compare to Hilltop Drive-In. If you have ever lived in boone and haven't eaten at this hole in the wall grease pit...you haven't lived
AMEN!!
And the nicest family on the planet. I was going there way back in 1968 believe it or not, with my 2 year old. The gentleman has turned it over to his kids.

SoCon48
November 23rd, 2007, 04:41 AM
I agree with you. AE is very quick, not particularly big, but you can't hit or tackle what you can't catch. I honestly thought he was the biggest single factor in your win over JMU in '06.

I've not seen Foster play yet, and I'm really hoping I get to catch him on TV next year. The reports of Foster's play are very impressive. Don't know how Lander's speed stacks up to Foster, but Landers is a legit sub 4.4 guy....I've seen reports of around 4.38...which was why so many FBS schools wanted Landers to play CB. If Lander's ankle is still bothering him come Saturday, or JMU doesn't get our 1st team CAA C (Lemn) back from his ankle injury, the Dukes may not be as much of a threat running the ball.

Exactly, but all you hear in the App camp is how Elder has been screwed over.xcoffeex

APPride
November 23rd, 2007, 06:07 AM

Exactly, but all you hear in the App camp is how Elder has been screwed over.xcoffeex

watch out if Elder gets in...He will be extra motivated to stomp JMU because of that well known "advice" last year ! xsmiley_wix

ASUMountaineer
November 23rd, 2007, 06:37 AM
That's not true at all. When people say stuff like "no one gives us a chance" it's plain not true. There are many people who think JMU can win and many who think ASU can win. Just like when people thought UMass could win or Montana could win. I will agree that more people think ASU will win this game over JMU

That's what I said, every team always has a chance. Anything can happen.

KiddBrewer
November 23rd, 2007, 08:46 AM
watch out if Elder gets in...He will be extra motivated to stomp JMU because of that well known "advice" last year ! xsmiley_wix

i missed that one, what was the advice?

citdog
November 23rd, 2007, 09:11 AM

i am unfamiliar with who these "Rebs" are. I am familiar with the Army of the Confederate States of America, a sovereign nation which was born, lived, and died without ever commiting a sin.

your user name is Gray Ghost, the nickname for John Mosby, the Partisan Leader and you post that?

APPride
November 23rd, 2007, 09:15 AM
i missed that one, what was the advice?

After the JMU game last yr, JMU coach Matthews told Coach Moore to start AE instead of Trey. http://goasu.com/article/11324/

Hoboken Dukes
November 23rd, 2007, 09:26 AM
kidd, check page 42 on this thread, i heard about this advice for the first time yest when listening to the jmu radio show. pretty unique situation, i've never heard of it happening before.

The Moody1
November 23rd, 2007, 09:37 AM

Exactly, but all you hear in the App camp, from a small but vocal few, is how Elder has been screwed over.xcoffeex[

Fixed it for you.

bodoyle
November 23rd, 2007, 09:57 AM
i saw you guys said this game was on espnu saturday...i have espnu and it says fordham umass.

still no television for this game?xbawlingx

Hoboken Dukes
November 23rd, 2007, 11:12 AM
i saw you guys said this game was on espnu saturday...i have espnu and it says fordham umass.

still no television for this game?xbawlingx

game was picked up by comcast on channel CN8. i believe it's available in the entire state of va, also up to ny (although philly comcast is showing the roundball classic from the palestra on sat)

i believe it will also be streamed on the cn8 website.

bodoyle
November 23rd, 2007, 11:48 AM
I have that station up here in Chicago. GOt a sports package.

Thanks! :)

Appaholic
November 23rd, 2007, 12:52 PM

The Smack thread is over there.....or have your parents blocked that part of the sight......

BTW, if your mommy drives you down to the game Sat, be sure to have her pack your mittens and scarf......and don't be too upset, but I think Tweetsie has shut down for the season.....xcoffeex (this is coffee...grown-up drink)

mistersykes
November 23rd, 2007, 04:15 PM
Apparently, neither CSS nor CN8 reaches Raleigh. I guess I'll have to listen on the radio. Anybody know which stations pick up the ASN feed in the triangle?

Appaholic
November 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Alright....I'm heading to Boone.....gonna freeze my a$$ off and love every minute of it.....word of advise to JMU fans (and App fans for that matter).....if inebriated, do not, I repeat, DO NOT attempt to walk down the metal drainage pipe on the grassy hill behind the south end zone restrooms......trust me on this one....:o

APPride
November 23rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
Apparently, neither CSS nor CN8 reaches Raleigh. I guess I'll have to come up for the game. Anybody know which stations have the cheapest gas so I can drive up for less than the tickets cost?

as they say around here "fixed it for ya" :)

citdog
November 23rd, 2007, 04:42 PM
Alright....I'm heading to Boone.....gonna freeze my a$$ off and love every minute of it.....word of advise to JMU fans (and App fans for that matter).....if inebriated, do not, I repeat, DO NOT attempt to walk down the metal drainage pipe on the grassy hill behind the south end zone restrooms......trust me on this one....:o

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

APPride
November 23rd, 2007, 04:49 PM

APPahol, was that YOU!! xlolx xlolx xlolx

BTW, did you see that golf cart attempt the hill during halftime earlier in the season, where the goofballs driving took a mean crash into the brick fence column at the bottom xeekx xeekx xoopsx xoopsx

ASU88
November 23rd, 2007, 04:50 PM

I can't believe you didn't find someone in authority and demand they have it removed! xlolx

citdog
November 23rd, 2007, 05:03 PM
I can't believe you didn't find someone in authority and demand they have it removed! xlolx

gotta respect AUTHRATIE!

alexale23
November 23rd, 2007, 05:48 PM
The Smack thread is over there.....or have your parents blocked that part of the sight......

BTW, if your mommy drives you down to the game Sat, be sure to have her pack your mittens and scarf......and don't be too upset, but I think Tweetsie has shut down for the season.....xcoffeex (this is coffee...grown-up drink)

Actually your mom is coming to pick me up. We are going to have a great weekend together. Saturday is going to be very special xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

ERASU2113
November 23rd, 2007, 06:10 PM
High of 37 tomorrow.......possible snow in the morning.....nothing that great. Bundle up! :D

ERASU2113
November 23rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
I'll be there and for the unfortunate who can't go/watch/listen to the game....I'll have the game story up before kickoff at noon

ERASU2113
November 23rd, 2007, 06:22 PM
Apparently, neither CSS nor CN8 reaches Raleigh. I guess I'll have to listen on the radio. Anybody know which stations pick up the ASN feed in the triangle?

Goto goasu.com and look for Appalachian Sports Network. You might be able to google it. There's a story from last year about the coverage expanding coverage.

Hoboken Dukes
November 23rd, 2007, 07:11 PM
bad news, doesn't look like there's any bars in arlington that will be showing the game. have to go to grevey's out in f'in fairfax i believe. the problem is that on the mid-atlantic feed for cn8 they're showing the philly roundball classic. the only way to get the game is if you have one of the old school direct tv dishes where you can program it to take a feed from another part of the country.

this is a g-damn disgrace.

http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=70934

appsfan
November 23rd, 2007, 07:43 PM
Come on over to Peppers and have a Jean Lawson Special, you'll forget the other corporate place. The game will be decided by the kickin game in my opinion.

I agree that the Jean Lawson is one of the best sandwiches around- it is my favorite. I might have to get one after the game.xthumbsupx

ERASU2113
November 23rd, 2007, 07:53 PM
I agree that the Jean Lawson is one of the best sandwiches around- it is my favorite. I might have to get one after the game.xthumbsupx

I'm glad I didn't see someone mention the Jean Lawson earlier. I would have called Boone Take Out to have them bring one to me xlolx xlolx xlolx

JMUSaxMRD
November 23rd, 2007, 08:16 PM
Well the JMU band reports at 530am to campus to head to Boone! I'm ready for a good game!

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 23rd, 2007, 09:08 PM
I just arrived in Wilkesboro.....I'll have a 35 minute drive to the stadium and plan to get there around 10. Can't wait....

Col Hogan
November 23rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
bad news, doesn't look like there's any bars in arlington that will be showing the game. have to go to grevey's out in f'in fairfax i believe. the problem is that on the mid-atlantic feed for cn8 they're showing the philly roundball classic. the only way to get the game is if you have one of the old school direct tv dishes where you can program it to take a feed from another part of the country.

this is a g-damn disgrace.

http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=70934

I forget the name of the sports bar on 23rd in Arlington...they would not put it on a screen for you?

ERASU2113
November 23rd, 2007, 09:25 PM
I just arrived in Wilkesboro.....I'll have a 35 minute drive to the stadium and plan to get there around 10. Can't wait....

Traffic will be a breeze until you hit Boone around 10 probably earlier than that. Less than 14 hours away.....

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 23rd, 2007, 09:29 PM
Traffic will be a breeze until you hit Boone around 10 probably earlier than that. Less than 14 hours away.....

Do you suggest arriving earlier and what parking will be available at that time? I don't mind a short hike to the stadium.

mistersykes
November 23rd, 2007, 09:53 PM
Goto goasu.com and look for Appalachian Sports Network. You might be able to google it. There's a story from last year about the coverage expanding coverage.

Yeah, I found it. Thanks Erik. 850am is picking it up. I just wish it was on tv around here.:( Wish I could be there to see it! Go get em Apps!

JMU_Fan_2007
November 23rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
Does anyone know if cn8 will be streaming the game tomorrow?

ERASU2113
November 23rd, 2007, 11:03 PM
Do you suggest arriving earlier and what parking will be available at that time? I don't mind a short hike to the stadium.

It really depends on how many people will be at the game. There may be some spots on the edge of campus that you can park in that's free. Around Holmes Convocation Center, that area may be the best to find a spot open around 10am. It's not exactly a hike either. You walk down Rivers Street towards Kidd Brewer and get to see the whole campus.

bench
November 23rd, 2007, 11:08 PM

If I understand right, unless it's a sidewalk, marked NO PARKING, or you're blocking traffic or a fire hydrant, any patch of green or pavement you find is fair game on game days. If you want to park in the lots closest to the stadium, you will probably want to be there no later than nine-ish. Of course, this being a noon game kind of throws my experience out the window. The closer lots have generally been filled three hours before kickoff. Tomorrow your mileage may vary.

BDKJMU
November 23rd, 2007, 11:14 PM
If I understand right, unless it's a sidewalk, marked NO PARKING, or you're blocking traffic or a fire hydrant, any patch of green or pavement you find is fair game on game days. If you want to park in the lots closest to the stadium, you will probably want to be there no later than nine-ish. Of course, this being a noon game kind of throws my experience out the window. The closer lots have generally been filled three hours before kickoff. Tomorrow your mileage may vary.

Plus you gotta figure there isn't going to be the 27-28k+ fans that there have been for ASU games this year. What is the best guess out there with the students on break. 16-18k?

bench
November 23rd, 2007, 11:24 PM
Plus you gotta figure there isn't going to be the 27-28k+ fans that there have been for ASU games this year. What is the best guess out there with the students on break. 16-18k?

Something like that. Also consider it's a noon game versus the usual 3:30 kickoff, so I'd expect a bit more than last year's first round, but not that much more.

For the record, I'd like to ask the committee to retroactively give the Big South an automatic bid to the playoffs, so maybe then App wouldn't have to play such a damn scary team in the first round. I don't know if I can handle the nailbiter I'm sure is in store for us tomorrow. Good luck to the Dukes, and hopefully the App that is capable of beating anyone will show up tomorrow.

BDKJMU
November 24th, 2007, 12:17 AM
All 3 JMU players that had minor ankle injuries in the last week+ that have been listed as questionable I heard will play. Thats both JMU o-lineman who were questionable (Lemm, #62, All CAA Center, and Sherman, #76, right tackle). Landers I heard will dress and give it a go. If he's healthy, probably nailbiter. If he's not bale to continue, or is obviously hobbled, ASU fans would then have nothing to worry about, it would be ASU by 2-3 TDs.

Unfortunately, the realist in me doesn't see Landers at 100%, and ASU by 10.
http://www.jmusports.com/downloads1/29156.pdf?ATCLID=1324363&SPSID=71029&SPID=8113&DB_OEM_ID=14400

BDKJMU
November 24th, 2007, 12:19 AM
‘Like A Mirror’
Dukes, App State Play Same Offense
http://www.dnronline.com/search_details.php?AID=13495&CHID=3&key=JMU%20football&title=&author=&channelid=

Obviously Coaches Matthews and Moore are buds..

ERASU2113
November 24th, 2007, 12:26 AM
‘Like A Mirror’
http://www.dnronline.com/search_details.php?AID=13495&CHID=3&key=JMU%20football&title=&author=&channelid=

Obviously Coaches Matthews and Moore are buds..

They are...except as Coach Moore says...the friendship is put on hold for a week, I don't know who he is.

bench
November 24th, 2007, 12:50 AM
‘Like A Mirror’

That right there. That's what scares me. The realist in me sees an effective Landers and 52-48 shootout, and I don't know which side has the bigger piece of it.

JMUSaxMRD
November 24th, 2007, 04:08 AM
Up too early, but I'll so be in Boone for kickoff!

ASUMountaineer
November 24th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Heading up the mountain. Go Mountaineers!

MountaineerMania54
November 24th, 2007, 06:11 AM
at 7am it is a blustery 16.7 degrees in Booner...dress warm folks

Appdad
November 24th, 2007, 06:18 AM

BRRRRRR

We're here!

Appdad
November 24th, 2007, 06:21 AM

up to 16.9 already!

MountaineerMania54
November 24th, 2007, 07:00 AM
that just means you gotta drink more bourbon

T-Dog
November 24th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Went out for Hardee's in Boone at 7 and it's definitely cold. Got some friends in the band and they don't have to report until 10 so they're happy they don't have to freeze doing practice and tailgate playing.

Parked in Greenwood and walked across campus to get a taste of the cold. I saw Appy Claus ready and then Jerry Moore pulled up as I walked past the gate in his little Toyota. Stadium Lot was almost deserted but I saw the regular die harts in Raley, River St and Greenwood with the flags up and the alcohol out. xsmiley_wix No JMU fan sightings yet. xnonono2x

It isn't going to get much warmer and if the wind kicks in....oh boy. xeekx

I'm going to head out soon to walk around before getting in line before the gates open at 10 with the other die hart student fans. Won't be that many of us as the wine and cheese crowd won't dare come but that's okay. We're use to it around playoff time. Just means better seats for me. xthumbsupx

Appdad
November 24th, 2007, 07:42 AM
At least the sun will be up the entire game. That is the best thing about the noon start.

The cold won't affect any players, they are running around and get to go in for halftime. It's the fans who are subjected to 6 hrs of cold. lol

Hoboken Dukes
November 24th, 2007, 09:58 AM
up at 5:30, caught the 6:45 train outta NYC, watched Rocky Balboa on the way down.

i think my boy Duke (appropriate) said it best, which describes the offensive strategy today:

So, what we'll be calling on is good ol’ fashion blunt force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle Appy State's ancestors. Every time we hit them with a shot, it's gotta feel like they tried kissing the express train. Yeah! Let's start building some hurtin' bombs!

GO DUUUUUUUUUKES

JMU_Fan_2007
November 24th, 2007, 10:59 AM
anybody found a video stream of this game online?

bodoyle
November 24th, 2007, 11:03 AM
anybody found a video stream of this game online?

I cant even find it on the tv. I have the UMASS game on ESPNU, but on CSS there is no football.

AppChicago
November 24th, 2007, 11:08 AM
www.goasu.com. It's streaming there.

JMU_Fan_2007
November 24th, 2007, 11:10 AM
www.goasu.com. It's streaming there.

video or audio? I have the JMU audio from JMUSports.com

AppChicago
November 24th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Audio. Can't find video.

JMU_Fan_2007
November 24th, 2007, 11:12 AM
app st fumble, jmu recovers!

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Yahoo Sports isn't updating on this. Typical.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 11:13 AM
JMU recovers fumble!

JMU_Fan_2007
November 24th, 2007, 11:19 AM
dukes are moving the ball well

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 11:21 AM
TD Dukes! Way to go! The execution was great!

alexale23
November 24th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Got SPRINKLES FOR THAT RUBBERBAND DEFENSE

JMU_Fan_2007
November 24th, 2007, 11:23 AM
sounds like the jmu fans are louder than the appst fans

AppIAA
November 24th, 2007, 05:39 PM
thats cause the new/temporary press boxes were right above them..

App didnt have a great attendance (because of thanksgiving break) but the ones that did come back were the loud ones..

especially on JMUs last 2 drives

Appguy
November 24th, 2007, 05:43 PM
RUBBERBAND DEFENSE

you mean that rubberband defense that took the ball away from your offense with your team losing?

TheKDL
November 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM
you mean that rubberband defense that took the ball away from your offense with your team losing?

HAHA

Sorry you had to go down like that JMU, you played a great game.

Appaholic
November 24th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Actually your mom is coming to pick me up. We are going to have a great weekend together. Saturday is going to be very special xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

You're right Alex, it was a special....almost dark when it ended, so I doubt you saw the final....but your team choked.......enjoy pulling for the Spiders, c@cksucker...

Longhorn
November 24th, 2007, 08:38 PM
You're right Alex, it was a special....almost dark when it ended, so I doubt you saw the final....but your team choked.......enjoy pulling for the Spiders, c@cksucker...

classy...xeyebrowx

jbuggASU
November 24th, 2007, 08:40 PM
JMU is a great team and should have won that game. With that said, the fans that showed up were great! I will take the few true fans over 30,000 fair weather fans any day! xthumbsupx

appsfan
November 24th, 2007, 08:59 PM
I just got home from THE ROCK. Well, the game was a bit closer than 28-27 than my prediction (31-28) but a win is a win and I'll take a minor miracle on the mountain each week. In regard to smackmouth Alex, this type of win is better than a blowout since you were close you could taste it but had it taken away (ha,ha,ha) no offense intended to the real JMU fans. I don't think we'll have to put up with him any more until next fall. Go Apps!

JmuSkinsfan
November 24th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I just got home from THE ROCK. Well, the game was a bit closer than 28-27 than my prediction (31-28) but a win is a win and I'll take a minor miracle on the mountain each week. In regard to smackmouth Alex, this type of win is better than a blowout since you were close you could taste it but had it taken away (ha,ha,ha) no offense intended to the real JMU fans. I don't think we'll have to put up with him any more until next fall. Go Apps!

Good game. This one hurts. A lot. I don't want to say "I told you so," because we lost...but where are all those App. fans who were saying you were gonna win by 3 scores?

I'm just reaching at this point for something to be happy about. I have never been so heart broken. Good luck the rest of the way. Nice score prediction though! Very Close.

P.S. I was there. Your fans made a lot of noise on those last two drives. I don't know what hurt more...the fumble...or hearing the fans react to the fumble. Either way, it was a great experience...and I look forward to hosting you guys in the 'Burg next year...

appsfan
November 24th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Good game. This one hurts. A lot. I don't want to say "I told you so," because we lost...but where are all those App. fans who were saying you were gonna win by 3 scores?

I'm just reaching at this point for something to be happy about. I have never been so heart broken. Good luck the rest of the way. Nice score prediction though! Very Close.

P.S. I was there. Your fans made a lot of noise on those last two drives. I don't know what hurt more...the fumble...or hearing the fans react to the fumble. Either way, it was a great experience...and I look forward to hosting you guys in the 'Burg next year...

Yes and we were this >< close to having the shoe on the other foot. Thanks for the good wishes and I'm sure you guys will be more than ready for us when we come to the 'Burg.

mountaineertider
November 24th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I'll take some crow on not thinking JMU could hold ASU under 30, but a W is a W and we're still dancing.

Good game Dukes. See you next fall.

APPride
November 24th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Good game. This one hurts. A lot. I don't want to say "I told you so," because we lost...but where are all those App. fans who were saying you were gonna win by 3 scores?I'm just reaching at this point for something to be happy about. I have never been so heart broken. Good luck the rest of the way. Nice score prediction though! Very Close.

not many App fans were saying that...in case you couldn't figure it out Alexale was posing as an App fan under 3 different usernames stiring up that 21 point stuff xnonox ...

bench
November 24th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Show me legitimate App posters who thought this would be a three-score game and I'll slap hell out of them for being stupid.

feb18blacksunday
November 24th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Like Coach Moore said JMU was one of the top teams to get to play. It was a battle. Costly turnover and bad decesion on that 4th down. We were lucky to get the win. JMU congrats to a well played game.

Appaholic
November 25th, 2007, 12:44 PM
classy...xeyebrowx

Longhorn:

referring to Alexale23....have nothing but respect for REAL JMU fans....not cocky pre-teens posing as JMU fans and talking trash...sorry if you took offense, not my intention.....Your team as well as your fans represented JMU well in Boone.....poseurs such as AlexAle do not.......see his earlier posts.....

Appaholic
November 25th, 2007, 12:45 PM

Unles we play Richmond.....Alex changes his team allegiance more often than his underwear....