PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire @ Northern Iowa

Pages : 1 [2]

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2007, 01:54 PM
Heh. I'm started to get concerned about being able to hear the radio over this noise. I remember it was a bit tough at times to hear over how loud Hampton was.

Purple Reign
November 21st, 2007, 01:56 PM
UNI fans, who do you want to face UD or DSU?

Does not matter.

PR

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2007, 02:00 PM

Either. xthumbsupx

crunifan
November 21st, 2007, 02:34 PM
I'm gettting really pumped for this game! If UNI plays a normal, solid game we have a GREAT chance at getting to round 2!

Also, I hope you fans from New Hampshire have a good time out here. Let us know what you think of the Dome!

Khan4Cats
November 21st, 2007, 02:35 PM

Exactly, either. Doesn't matter who, just as long as we're playing Dec 1.

UNIFanSince1983
November 21st, 2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah either one, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't a little bit nervous about getting Delaware in the second round. With Flacco and Cuff that team just scares me a little bit. I guess New Hampshire does too with Ricky Santos.

DOME
November 21st, 2007, 02:43 PM
Exactly, either. Doesn't matter who, just as long as we're playing Dec 1.

Heck, pick the best players from both teams and bring a Del All Star Squad!

Purple For Life
November 21st, 2007, 02:45 PM
We will play whoever it takes to win a National Championship.

santosballnewhampshire
November 21st, 2007, 03:18 PM
if your scared of flacco and cuff your in for it bc we handled them w/ out santos..... under 100 for cuff

UNIFanSince1983
November 21st, 2007, 03:46 PM
I guess I should state just from what I've heard about them I was scared. Not so much of Cuff because every good running back we have played we have shut down pretty much. I have not seen Delaware play. I have seen Santos and I know he is a stud!

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't be looking ahead to be afraid of Delaware. UNH beat Delaware, soundly, regardless of the score, with their backup QB. Delaware did not have a particularly difficult schedule, IMO, either. I tend to think Santos is a much bigger challenge on this surface than Flacco would be. Santos is slippery, mobile and makes things happen. Flacco can throw it so hard he'll knock the WR off field, but I don't know if that's going to do it to knock UNI off.

Wildcat757
November 21st, 2007, 04:10 PM
This game has so much potential to be amazing if both teams bring their A-Game. Anyone know if this game will be televised / on the radio in New England??

UNIFanSince1983
November 21st, 2007, 04:11 PM
Well yeah I wasn't looking ahead. I am scared of UNH because of Santos ability. I was simply stating that not know much of UD or DSU that UD scared me slightly more than DSU. Not saying by any stretch of the imagination that we are just going to roll over UNH. I just simply think at this point in the season every team is good and can beat anyone else out there.

igo4uni
November 21st, 2007, 05:17 PM
This game has so much potential to be amazing if both teams bring their A-Game. Anyone know if this game will be televised / on the radio in New England??

If you get in your car right now, you can be in Cedar Falls for the kickoff!!

newsbreaker
November 21st, 2007, 05:24 PM
FWIW, this game is going to be a sell-out! The only tickets remaining are those at various retailers around the area, the University has sold all that they have on hand left!

igo4uni
November 21st, 2007, 05:27 PM
It looks like this game will sell out!!

http://www.wcfcourier.com/content/articles/2007/11/20/news/top_story/doc47435834e9734382006097.jpg
Fans on Tuesday lined up at the UNI ticket office to get tickets to Saturday's Panther playoff football game.

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071121/SPORTS020702/71121062

"Northern Iowa associate director of media relations Colin McDonough said at 4:20 p.m. today the UNI-Dome ticket office was sold out of tickets for Saturday's playoff football game between the top-ranked Panthers and New Hampshire."

This is awesome!!

JayJ79
November 21st, 2007, 05:27 PM
FWIW, this game is going to be a sell-out! The only tickets remaining are those at various retailers around the area, the University has sold all that they have on hand left!

I wonder if that includes the "500 for UNH fans"

igo4uni
November 21st, 2007, 05:29 PM

Damn, newsy.............beat me to it!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

UNI Pike
November 21st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Sold out = TV!!!!

Please Mr NCAA, TV on FSN, ESPN, or whoever so out of state folks can get it.

igo4uni
November 21st, 2007, 06:05 PM
It'll look like this and it will be loud!!!

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_wide/1480452.jpeg

Grizaholic17
November 21st, 2007, 06:08 PM

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_wide/1480452.jpeg

How many is it if sold out? about 18,000 or something? I think the griz are looking at 20,000...so you guys are doing awesome! Congrats.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 21st, 2007, 06:19 PM
To quote Flounder...and you must say this thru clenched teeth.

"OOOOOOOOh, this is gonna' be great!"

igo4uni
November 21st, 2007, 06:36 PM
How many is it if sold out? about 18,000 or something? I think the griz are looking at 20,000...so you guys are doing awesome! Congrats.

We had 17,000+ for SIU.....it depends on how many SRO tickets they are willing to sell.

newsbreaker
November 21st, 2007, 07:04 PM

You folks have no idea what you're in for. From what I can gather, in terms of "loud" there's UNI and Montana, and then everybody else. There have been games where in the stands you literally cannot talk to the person next to you.

Wanna check off at the line? HA!

igo4uni
November 21st, 2007, 07:52 PM
You folks have no idea what you're in for. From what I can gather, in terms of "loud" there's UNI and Montana, and then everybody else. There have been games where in the stands you literally cannot talk to the person next to you.

What?? I can't hear ya!! Huh???

Pantherpower
November 21st, 2007, 08:11 PM
I'm amazed and absolutely thrilled that this game is sold out (or approaching a sellout). That simply doesn't happen in the 1st round of the playoffs.

It's hard not to be proud right now if you're a Panther fan. This has been a long time coming. Folks who are Hawkeye and Cyclone fans are realizing that there's a pretty damned good brand of football being played in the UNI-Dome.

Need to keep this train running down the track all the way to Chattanooga!

Houndawg
November 21st, 2007, 08:37 PM

I don't think crowd noise was a factor, or much of an issue, in the SIU game. All it means for UNH is that Ricky won't hear the bullet that gets him.:D

clearthinker
November 21st, 2007, 08:43 PM
I don't think crowd noise was a factor, or much of an issue, in the SIU game. All it means for UNH is that Ricky won't hear the bullet that gets him.:D

Another classy post from a detassler---I mean Panther supporter

newsbreaker
November 21st, 2007, 08:43 PM

It wasn't as much of a factor this year as it has been in the past. SIU had two or three huge false start penalties in the 2005 game though. This year they handed out these towels which made no noise what so ever.

crunifan
November 21st, 2007, 08:44 PM

I will somewhat agree. I think SIU is so used to playing in the Dome that they go in expecting this noise. Playing here every two years (with huge crowds) helps SIU.

UNH on the other hand, has to my knowledge, never played in a dome. Therefore they are in for a suprise! They better not try any audibles at the line...

Houndawg
November 21st, 2007, 08:48 PM
I will somewhat agree. I think SIU is so used to playing in the Dome that they go in expecting this noise. Playing here every two years (with huge crowds) helps SIU.

UNH on the other hand, has to my knowledge, never played in a dome. Therefore they are in for a suprise! They better not try any audibles at the line...

Good point. This one won't be close. UNI could hit 40:00 TOP.

JayJ79
November 21st, 2007, 08:57 PM
I've noticed some interesting similarities between the two QBs.

23 year old Seniors.
4-year starters
Payton award finalists
Both have dealt with AC sprains in the throwing shoulders this season
From what it sounds like, neither were heavily recruited coming out of high school (I know Sanders walked on his first year, dunno about Santos).
Similar overall career numbers in efficiency and completion % (Sanders: 162.56, 69.43%; Santos: 157.28, 68.46%)
heck, even their names are similar: eRIC, RICky; SANders, SANtos

I've heard that Sanders is a big Red Sox fan. Don't know about Santos, but his listed hometown is not far from Boston. heh.

Santos has gotten more media hype, and has more passing yards and such. But I think that is more because the Wildcats seem to have a mostly pass-oriented offense, while the Panthers are more balanced, or even run-oriented.

In any case, there will be two great QBs taking the field in Cedar Falls on Saturday.

Barnstormer
November 21st, 2007, 10:10 PM
Sell-out baby!! First time in Dome playoff history I think. Also a little more then the 7700 we had against WSU in the first round two years ago. :-)

We had a good attendance year, especially when you note both Iowa State and University of Iowa are each about 90 minutes from Cedar Falls. Their stadiums hold a tad more then ours... But it's a Panther state this year, baby. :)

Herdman
November 21st, 2007, 10:12 PM
Has UNH seen an offensive line as big as UNI's? The Panthers may not have to throw the ball at all on Saturday. I'm looking less than 15 throws by Sanders.

crunifan
November 21st, 2007, 10:17 PM
Has UNH seen an offensive line as big as UNI's? The Panthers may not have to throw the ball at all on Saturday. I'm looking less than 15 throws by Sanders.

Most teams haven't seen a line as big as UNI's. If I recall, Iowa fans were saying that the only Big 10 team (that they played) that had a line bigger than ours was Wisconsin.

Herdman
November 21st, 2007, 10:17 PM
UNI fans, who do you want to face UD or DSU?I want DSU to win. I think they are the better team. But after UNI takes care of business with UNH I want to pound on UD next.

AAadict
November 21st, 2007, 10:18 PM
Players must take it one-game-at-a-time. Fans can look ahead. Best way for Hen's fans to get to UNI. Planes land in Cedar Falls? Trains in Waterloo? Help us Hen's fans take over UNI as we do at JMU, 'Nova, W&M, Richmond, Towson, etc.

JayJ79
November 21st, 2007, 10:27 PM
Sell-out baby!! First time in Dome playoff history I think. Also a little more then the 7700 we had against WSU in the first round two years ago. :-)

We had a good attendance year, especially when you note both Iowa State and University of Iowa are each about 90 minutes from Cedar Falls. Their stadiums hold a tad more then ours... But it's a Panther state this year, baby. :)

that was Eastern Washington (EWU)

Definitely psyched that it will be a sellout (assuming the tickets at the retail outlets get bought)

Herdman
November 21st, 2007, 10:28 PM
Players must take it one-game-at-a-time. Fans can look ahead. Best way for Hen's fans to get to UNI. Planes land in Cedar Falls? Trains in Waterloo? Help us Hen's fans take over UNI as we do at JMU, 'Nova, W&M, Richmond, Towson, etc.You can fly into Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, or Des Moines. If cost is a factor fly Southwest into Chicago and rent a car and take a nice 4.5 hour drive.

Go Hornets!

newsbreaker
November 21st, 2007, 10:36 PM
Players must take it one-game-at-a-time. Fans can look ahead. Best way for Hen's fans to get to UNI. Planes land in Cedar Falls? Trains in Waterloo? Help us Hen's fans take over UNI as we do at JMU, 'Nova, W&M, Richmond, Towson, etc.

Waterloo Regional has service from Minneapolis only. Cedar Rapids (60 minutes away) has service from Minn, O'Hare, STL and others). Des Moines (2 hours) is more extensive than that. Chicago O'Hare is about a 4-5 hour drive, Midway not much different.

skinny_uncle
November 21st, 2007, 10:39 PM
Most teams haven't seen a line as big as UNI's. If I recall, Iowa fans were saying that the only Big 10 team (that they played) that had a line bigger than ours was Wisconsin.
Corn-fed.
:D

Barnstormer
November 21st, 2007, 10:48 PM
that was Eastern Washington (EWU)

Definitely psyched that it will be a sellout (assuming the tickets at the retail outlets get bought)

Hehe... that's what I ment... not sure why I said Wash State. :)

WildCat In The Hat
November 21st, 2007, 11:29 PM
You can fly into Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, or Des Moines. If cost is a factor fly Southwest into Chicago and rent a car and take a nice 4.5 hour drive.

Go Hornets!

Since you guys have it already figured out-maybe there's no need to even play the games this weekend. Not real sure I'd count Santos out of any game before it happens. That shiny thing in his gym bag-it's a Payton award.

xpeacex

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2007, 12:30 AM
Another classy post from a detassler---I mean Panther supporter

SIU fan.

Mountain Panther
November 22nd, 2007, 12:36 AM
Since you guys have it already figured out-maybe there's no need to even play the games this weekend. Not real sure I'd count Santos out of any game before it happens. That shiny thing in his gym bag-it's a Payton award.

xpeacex

He carries his Payton award in his gym bag?

Kiddin'......I ain't lookin' past anyone. xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2007, 01:29 AM
what's a gym bag? xrotatehx

WyomingGrizFan
November 22nd, 2007, 04:31 AM

For what good it did Wisconsin.

P.S.-I guess I shouldn't be too derisive. Wisconsin did defeat Minnesota (1 - 11) 41 - 34. And the Badgers did finish conference 5 - 3 for a season record 9 - 3. Defeating the Citadel 45 - 31 along the way. But I was wondering, North Dakota State defeated Minnesota 27 - 21; does that make NDSU one point less a better team than Wisconsin? Be a team to watch out for methinks when they join the Gateway next year; let alone perhaps, the FCS Play-offs. Haven't heard too much from them lately though, for some reason.

Sam Adams
November 22nd, 2007, 07:28 AM
UNI should win the ballgame. If UNH is allowed to hang around - look out.

R.A.
November 22nd, 2007, 07:36 AM
Just so everyone knows, I merged the three UNH threads. We need to try to keep each match-up to one thread for today. xpeacex

I'm almost positive that another poster and myself started our threads simultaneously.

R.A.
November 22nd, 2007, 07:55 AM
I think anyone whos not a gateway fan will be rooting for UNH, if only to get UNI out of there rooting interests way for the remainder of the playoffs :p

Santos' 4th quarter miracle toss crushed the MEAC last season, now UNH gets awarded a bid over Norfolk State... trust me, UNH has very little friends in MEACLand..

newsbreaker
November 22nd, 2007, 08:15 AM

xpeacex

Fans are allowed to look around a little. In the middle of NE Iowa there is one purple cat with it's sites set firmly on your boys, and your boys only, friend.

We're not feeding him for Thanksgiving. That Cat is HUNGRY!

igo4uni
November 22nd, 2007, 08:56 AM
Mediacom is kicking the Squawkeye basketball team off the air in favor of airing the Panther football team!!!

It's a Panther State!!!

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071122/SPORTS020702/711220390/1003/SPORTS

Herdman
November 22nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Santos' 4th quarter miracle toss crushed the MEAC last season, now UNH gets awarded a bid over Norfolk State... trust me, UNH has very little friends in MEACLand..Outside of New Hampshire the only friend they have is the UMass AD.

Good luck against UD!

Herdman
November 22nd, 2007, 09:09 AM
Mediacom is kicking the Squawkeye basketball team off the air in favor of airing the Panther football team!!!

It's a Panther State!!!

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071122/SPORTS020702/711220390/1003/SPORTSThat's funny and well deserved!

Go Panthers!

WrenFGun
November 22nd, 2007, 09:15 AM
For the most part, the UNI fans have been nothing but classy here toward UNH fans. I'm a little tired of the select few who are doing nothing but bashing our chances and telling us that we have no shot, however. UNH has a quality win over Marshall in front of 33,000 not so friendly fans. UNH also played Montana three years ago, so they at least know what loud sounds like. They're surely not favored, but some fans are discounting the accomplishments of this team.

igo4uni
November 22nd, 2007, 09:36 AM
For the most part, the UNI fans have been nothing but classy here toward UNH fans. I'm a little tired of the select few who are doing nothing but bashing our chances and telling us that we have no shot, however. UNH has a quality win over Marshall in front of 33,000 not so friendly fans. UNH also played Montana three years ago, so they at least know what loud sounds like. They're surely not favored, but some fans are discounting the accomplishments of this team.

I wouldn't get too worried about folks on a message board, Wren. Most people know that UNH will be bringing a good team to Cedar Falls.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2007, 10:14 AM

It's a Panther State!!!

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071122/SPORTS020702/711220390/1003/SPORTS

If anyone could pop a tape into their recorder, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll be at the game. If it was feasible, I'd meet you Sunday or pay for the postage and the tape. Please PM me. Oh yeah, I'll probably be offline by Friday morning.

UNIFanSince1983
November 22nd, 2007, 10:19 AM
Both CFU and Mediacom will televise this football game. Just for those of you like me who live in CF and have CFU.

igo4uni
November 22nd, 2007, 10:20 AM
If anyone could pop a tape into their recorder, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll be at the game. If it was feasible, I'd meet you Sunday or pay for the postage and the tape. Please PM me. Oh yeah, I'll probably be offline by Friday morning.

If you don't get a response here...........go to www.panthernation.com.

I'd help you, but I don't get CFU or Mediacom.

Purple Reign
November 22nd, 2007, 10:25 AM

Respect, Panther Fans, Respect

PR

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 22nd, 2007, 10:38 AM
Now it's time for channel 9 out here to step up!

What would it take to send the feed out here?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2007, 10:38 AM
If you don't get a response here...........go to www.panthernation.com.

I'd help you, but I don't get CFU or Mediacom.

Already had a PM from a helpful Panther Fan. xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Purple For Life
November 22nd, 2007, 10:43 AM

I don't think anyone's trying to knock UNH, but it IS really, really, REALLY loud in the Dome. I've never been at Montana, but sometimes in the Dome I can't hear myself think, it's so loud. Even as a fan, there's points where I think it just can't get any louder and it does.

Don't go to the game with a headache! Pack some headache reliever, just in case! xpeacex

unicat87
November 22nd, 2007, 10:47 AM
I don't think anyone's trying to knock UNH, but it IS really, really, REALLY loud in the Dome. I've never been at Montana, but sometimes in the Dome I can't hear myself think, it's so loud. Even as a fan, there's points where I think it just can't get any louder and it does.

Don't go to the game with a headache! Pack some headache reliever, just in case! xpeacex

I had a horrible headache at the UNI-INdiana State game until the second quarter, when we had that game well in hand already! I hope the atmosphere this Saturday is as loud and electric as the last couple of weeks. I wish they would do the pre-game handshake, even for non-conference games. Anyone know if the UNI marching band will be there? They have been in championship form lately as well. :) xthumbsupx -unicat87

bcrawf
November 22nd, 2007, 10:49 AM
There will be a Pep Band there, but no marching.

The director couldn't make it a requirement because school is technically still on Fall Break. They will definitely be there if we can get by UNH and get a couple more home games...

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2007, 10:59 AM
I had a horrible headache at the UNI-INdiana State game until the second quarter, when we had that game well in hand already! I hope the atmosphere this Saturday is as loud and electric as the last couple of weeks. I wish they would do the pre-game handshake, even for non-conference games. Anyone know if the UNI marching band will be there? They have been in championship form lately as well. :) xthumbsupx -unicat87

That is something that isn't done in the CAA and IIRC got things off on the wrong foot in 2005 when UNI came on the field. Hopefully, if the pregame handshake is going to be done, then the ADs and Head Coaches have already spoken.

When even frigging Iona comes on the UNH field talking trash and woofing, unfortunately any pregame interaction isn't viewed as a pregame handshake ritual.

unicat87
November 22nd, 2007, 11:07 AM
There will be a Pep Band there, but no marching.

The director couldn't make it a requirement because school is technically still on Fall Break. They will definitely be there if we can get by UNH and get a couple more home games...

Very good then! :) -unicat87

unicat87
November 22nd, 2007, 11:09 AM
That is something that isn't done in the CAA and IIRC got things off on the wrong foot in 2005 when UNI came on the field. Hopefully, if the pregame handshake is going to be done, then the ADs and Head Coaches have already spoken.

When even frigging Iona comes on the UNH field talking trash and woofing, unfortunately any pregame interaction isn't viewed as a pregame handshake ritual.

That's one reason I like the ritual of a pre-game handshake, so that good sportsmanship can be emphasized. I always say, "let your playing do your talking." I expect an incredible classic game this Saturday, one which we will be talking about for a long time to come. :) -unicat87

Purple For Life
November 22nd, 2007, 12:42 PM
That's one reason I like the ritual of a pre-game handshake, so that good sportsmanship can be emphasized. I always say, "let your playing do your talking." I expect an incredible classic game this Saturday, one which we will be talking about for a long time to come. :) -unicat87

Well said! I think sometimes we forget that it's about good sportsmanship as well as competition. I know I've seen my fair share of kids at the games and I'd really hate to think that they'd see something unsportsmanlike and then think that that's acceptable to do to their friends on the playground or something. xnonono2x

WrenFGun
November 22nd, 2007, 06:00 PM
Any news on TV in this area yet fellas?

unicat87
November 22nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
Well said! I think sometimes we forget that it's about good sportsmanship as well as competition. I know I've seen my fair share of kids at the games and I'd really hate to think that they'd see something unsportsmanlike and then think that that's acceptable to do to their friends on the playground or something. xnonono2x

Indeed! Years ago, at the start of high school hockey games here, the announcer always said: "In the spirit of sportsmanship and competition, let's play hockey!" It helped the kids play with the class and style and respect for the other team and players that they should have. There's no doubt we UNI folk want to beat UNH and all others this year, but by the same token, we want to be good hosts as well. :)

-unicat87

Chi Panther
November 23rd, 2007, 10:17 AM
I can't function at work today.....Good thing the markets close early.......xthumbsupx

GO PANTHERS!!!!xbowx

UNHFan99
November 23rd, 2007, 10:46 AM
I cant wait either. UNH is gonna be ready to play and at the very least I expect a good game. Congrats on the sellout. Do you think you would have sold out if you had Dayton or another less known team? I am a Dayton fan also so i thought I would use them as an example. You probably would have sold out against GSU too I think but there arent many other teams as marketable as UNH.

UNIFanSince1983
November 23rd, 2007, 11:09 AM
I cant wait either. UNH is gonna be ready to play and at the very least I expect a good game. Congrats on the sellout. Do you think you would have sold out if you had Dayton or another less known team? I am a Dayton fan also so i thought I would use them as an example. You probably would have sold out against GSU too I think but there arent many other teams as marketable as UNH.

I think there is a chance it would have sold out with some other lesser known team with the way tickets have been going. I am not sure it would have happened but there was that chance. I mean we got over 15,000 for the Minnesota State-Mankato game. So who knows, I do think UNH helped for this to be a sellout.

Blue42
November 23rd, 2007, 11:55 AM
You probably would have sold out against GSU too I think but there arent many other teams as marketable as UNH.

The idea that UNH is marketable in the midwest is kind of funny. UNI sold out this game because they are 11-0 and #1 seed. They would've sold out regardless of who they played. The fans are coming out of the woodwork to get on this bandwagon because we're the only game in town right now.

I mean no disrespect to UNH here. I know they'll bring their A game. But it wasn't UNH's rep that drove the sell-out.

Purple For Life
November 23rd, 2007, 11:57 AM
I do think that the rematch factor helped, but it certainly wasn't probably the driving reason for the immense ticket sales.

Blue42
November 23rd, 2007, 12:03 PM
I had a Big 10 fan ask me the other day who UNI was playing in the playoffs. I told him New Hampshire. He reacted like we just got a 1st round bye.

I let him know that UNH handed Northwestern a 17 point beat down at NW last year. Still, no recognition.

The fact is that the marginal UNI football fan who is pushing this from attendance of 11k to 16.5k knows virtually nothing about UNH. App State or Montana would spike up tickets sales, but beyond that it won't make a ton of difference.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 01:04 PM
We sold out for Indiana State.

Purple For Life
November 23rd, 2007, 01:30 PM
We sold out for Indiana State.

True that! And Southern Utah...

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 01:32 PM
True that! And Southern Utah...

True that! And SIU...

See, I'm hip...........I said, "True that!"

unigriff
November 23rd, 2007, 01:33 PM
southern utah was not a sell out...it was under 16,000, (15,724)

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 01:35 PM
southern utah was not a sell out...it was under 16,000, (15,724)

Youngstown sell out??

unigriff
November 23rd, 2007, 01:37 PM
YSU had 16,528

JayJ79
November 23rd, 2007, 01:39 PM
I had a Big 10 fan ask me the other day who UNI was playing in the playoffs. I told him New Hampshire. He reacted like we just got a 1st round bye.

I think the dumb clueless look is just the norm for most Big 10 fans.....
j/k :p

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 01:41 PM
YSU had 16,528

So, that's a sell out!!!

unigriff
November 23rd, 2007, 01:42 PM
sure is;)

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 01:45 PM
I think the dumb clueless look is just the norm for most Big 10 fans.....
j/k :p

http://www.funfry.com/data/509/medium/fat_guy_sports_fan_womens_boots_short_shorts_funfr y_resize.jpg
Where do da Hakeyes play dis week??

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 01:46 PM
sure is;)

:D :D :D :D

I'm just giving you crap!!:D :D :D

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xreadx xreadx xcoffeex ;) :D :) xrotatehx xlolx xnodx :D :D :) :) xrotatehx xrotatehx xlolx xlolx xlolx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Purple For Life
November 23rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
http://www.funfry.com/data/509/medium/fat_guy_sports_fan_womens_boots_short_shorts_funfr y_resize.jpg
Where do da Hakeyes play dis week??

AH! AH! MY EYES! MY EYES! xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 02:06 PM
AH! AH! MY EYES! MY EYES! xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

Yes, he is kinda hot.xcoffeex xcoffeex

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 05:58 PM
OK, back to the game..........

JCPanthers
November 23rd, 2007, 06:08 PM
Any UNH fans in Iowa yet?

89Hen
November 23rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
Any UNH fans in Iowa yet?
There's one in Maryland. xthumbsupx GO UNH!

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 07:23 PM
There's one in Maryland. xthumbsupx GO UNH!

East Coast Bias.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 23rd, 2007, 07:25 PM
Going out on a limb - is there any video link available for this game?

JCPanthers
November 23rd, 2007, 07:26 PM
So far....nothing. Although it IS being picked up by our local cable providers.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 07:27 PM

nopers

89Hen
November 23rd, 2007, 07:31 PM
East Coast Bias.
Hell, I want another home game instead of one I probably wouldn't be able to even watch. xsmiley_wix

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 07:34 PM
Hell, I want another home game instead of one I probably wouldn't be able to even watch. xsmiley_wix

Now hen, we both know that 2nd round games are usually televised nationally......by someone.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 07:36 PM

Why don't you venture west of the Mississippi River and come to the fabulous UNI-Dome???

RadMann
November 23rd, 2007, 07:36 PM
Let's go UNH! A win would mean another home game for UD!!

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 07:38 PM
Let's go UNH! A win would mean another home game for UD!!

sigh.......................i give up!xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

SunCoastBlueHen
November 23rd, 2007, 07:39 PM
So far....nothing. Although it IS being picked up by our local cable providers.

nopers

Well, then. My wife will be very annoyed to find me following a game not involving Delaware on an internet audio feed. :)

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2007, 07:40 PM
Wow, Delaware State was garbage. Delaware also has some mad skills.

That being said, I think all the UNH fans were rolling in around 9pm and didn't want to hang out. :)

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 07:41 PM
I think all the UNH fans were rolling in around 9pm and didn't want to hang out. :)

Well..............you tried, Rob.

89Hen
November 23rd, 2007, 08:04 PM
BTW, just in case you guys win... to where would I fly to see the Hens at the UNI dome? xeyebrowx

SunCoastBlueHen
November 23rd, 2007, 08:07 PM
BTW, just in case you guys win... to where would I fly to see the Hens at the UNI dome? xeyebrowx

This guy can get you to the nearest cornfield.

http://musclebiplane.org/image3/Beech_17_Staggerwing_01.jpg

JCPanthers
November 23rd, 2007, 08:10 PM
Waterloo is the closest, but you are limited to Northwest Airlines.
Cedar Rapids is about 1 hour from Cedar Falls
Des Moines is 2 hours away.
Moline, IL is 2 hours away.
Minneapolis is 3.5 hours away.

89Hen
November 23rd, 2007, 08:44 PM
Waterloo is the closest, but you are limited to Northwest Airlines.
Cedar Rapids is about 1 hour from Cedar Falls
Des Moines is 2 hours away.
Moline, IL is 2 hours away.
Minneapolis is 3.5 hours away.
Thanks. Just looked up some flights from DC and it looks like $290 and 5 hours with a transfer either in Detroit or Minny. xeyebrowx May be a tough one. C'MON UNH! xsmiley_wix

Purple Reign
November 23rd, 2007, 08:47 PM
This guy can get you to the nearest cornfield.

http://musclebiplane.org/image3/Beech_17_Staggerwing_01.jpg

That's cool. Your university has a corporate plane ???????

PR

BlueHenBoy
November 23rd, 2007, 08:56 PM
Come'on you Northern Wildcats.

JCPanthers
November 23rd, 2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks. Just looked up some flights from DC and it looks like $290 and 5 hours with a transfer either in Detroit or Minny. xeyebrowx May be a tough one. C'MON UNH! xsmiley_wix
http://travel.travelocity.com/flights/AirSearch.do?SEQ=119587312787310232007

Fly into Moline....for $240.

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2007, 12:33 AM

If we win we expect 89Hen to be here.xthumbsupx

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Morning!

Man...it would figure that on game day, I'd have a small volcano erupt on my forehead. *grumblegrumble* Other than that, I'm really ready TO RUMBLE!!!!

Also, AGS is looking really farked up for me at work, and I don't know why.

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Well..............you tried, Rob.

I did meet up with one. Tony, Griff and I enjoyed the Pump Haus.

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I'm ready to go. I will be amped and WILL lose my voice today!!!

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'd have to drive through Iowa City!!!!xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'd have to drive through Iowa City!!!!xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

There's no way in hell that those in-breds in Iowa City would believe that you're from Delaware, not Michigan!!!

JCPanthers
November 24th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Morning!

Man...it would figure that on game day, I'd have a small volcano erupt on my forehead. *grumblegrumble* Other than that, I'm really ready TO RUMBLE!!!!

Also, AGS is looking really farked up for me at work, and I don't know why.
TMI:D

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 12:15 PM

Did it hit the mirror when you popped it??

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Hey...if that's the worst that happens today, I'll take it!!

Longnecker
November 24th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Ain't going to happen - UNI is a well oiled machine. Santos is playing his last game of football. UNI by over 20.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 02:51 PM
After watching two tight games, fans are still picking UNI by more than 20? Jeez. Fordham gives 9-2 UMass a scare, and UNH has more talent than Fordham.

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 02:57 PM
After watching two tight games, fans are still picking UNI by more than 20? Jeez. Fordham gives 9-2 UMass a scare, and UNH has more talent than Fordham.
if it comforts them to think its gonna be an easy game, so be it, by nights end the tears will be in their eyes. xcoolx

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 03:02 PM
if it comforts them to think its gonna be an easy game, so be it, by nights end the tears will be in their eyes. xcoolx

For the record, that was a WIU fan.

We'll see tonight.

Mn_Moose
November 24th, 2007, 03:03 PM

Your tear will be in my beer!

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Your tear will be in my beer!

No tears in any beer.............major beer drinking infraction...........15yd penalty and loss of down!!!

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 03:31 PM

HA!

DOME MAGIC!!!!

For some reason, you keep forgetting that. You've never played inside. Just you wait. I expect a lot of false start penalties to be called on New Hampshire! xrulesx xthumbsupx xlolx