PDA

View Full Version : Constantly Updated FCS Prospect News

Smendy
November 16th, 2007, 03:56 PM
As a big FCS fan and NFL draft follower, I've always been on the look out for draft news regarding the small schoolers....Thanks to a link from a AGS poster a few years back, I found Draftdaddy.com's Blog and I've been checking it out at least a few days a week, since then!

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

In the last fews days, alone, they linked NFL draft related news for the following FCS stars: Josh Johnson, Jesse Padilla Matt Sherry, Kendall Langford, Kevin Richardson and Bobbie Williams. And if you go back into their archives, there dozens (hundreds?) FCS new notes...

Just thought I'd share that with AGS readers looking for draft news.

P.S: I don't always agree with their rankings (i.e. Flacco over Johnson and ranking a couple of D-2 stars over Cuff and Hightower seems weird), but they do a reasonable job ranking the small school prospects:

http://www.draftdaddy.com/nfldraft/smallSchoolers.cfm

bodoyle
November 18th, 2007, 10:41 AM
www.condraft.com
www.nfldraftscout.com

are good sites as well

Smendy
December 13th, 2007, 11:47 AM
The folks over at Draft Daddy posted a lot of good FCS links and info in the last few days -- I never knew the big DE from Gardner-Webb was a Pac-10 recruit?

smallcollegefbfan
December 13th, 2007, 01:30 PM
www.condraft.com
www.nfldraftscout.com

are good sites as well

NFL Draft Scout is pretty good. I have heard some things about condraft selling players over to agents. Not sure I would want a player on my team doing stuff for them nor would I put a lot in that. They seem to try and pub the players that agents want.

Smendy
December 13th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I like draftscout, also, SmallcollegeFBFan....but most of updated content there only goes to those that subscribe (pay) to the site. That means they have very little breaking news.

I guess what I like about Draft Daddy, is they admit in posts they aren't trying to be junior Kipers (scouting players), instead they mostly try to collect and put forth information on the players. That's why I come to AGS, also -- looking for info and links on the FCS players.

I rarely go to Condraft for the same reasons -- almost all the content is subscription based.....With so much free info out there (ESPN, NFL.com, ect.) what can they be doing that is worth dropping $XXX per year, or whatever the fee is?

Maybe that's why Condraft MIGHT be involved with agents -- giving praise to players in exchange for insider information?

mcveyrl
December 13th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Yea, you've kinda got to wonder about condraft...Their radio interview is with JMU DT John Baranowsky. A great talent, but I don't think many are projecting him to get drafted.

Smendy
December 13th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Yea, you've kinda got to wonder about condraft...Their radio interview is with JMU DT John Baranowsky. A great talent, but I don't think many are projecting him to get drafted.

Mcveyrl, I think any agent who thinks he can pump up players using websites is insane, but I'm sure they try to do it all the time. At the very least, these agents can tell their clients they are "creating a buzz".

The 32 NFL teams employ hundreds of scouts (collectively), I doubt what's said on any independent draftsite matters to them. If Baranowsky, for example, wants to get drafted, a 4.8 40 at a Pro Day will help a 100 times more than constant plugs on draft sites.