PDA

View Full Version : So who you rooting for this weekend?

TheValleyRaider
November 16th, 2007, 09:01 AM
We've got a full slate of games with some kind of implication this weekend. Rivalry games, games with at-large births at stake, all kinds of fun stuff. So, aside from games involving your team (because I think we know who you're pulling for there), are there any other games you'll be keeping your eye on and pulling for a particular winner?

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Delaware to knock the bejeezus out of stinkin' Nova!

Eastern Washington to finish off its playoff push.

Georgia Southern to beat the marginally-FBS Colorado State Rumps.

TheValleyRaider
November 16th, 2007, 09:08 AM
For me

Maine over New Hampshire (just to make sure ;))
Albany over Central Connecticut St. (now we'll have beaten the NEC Champs)
Massachusetts over Hofstra (no need for another potential CAA bid)
Winston-Salem St. over Norfolk State (again, just to make sure)
Towson over James Madison (every win by our opponents makes us look better xnodx)
Colorado St. over Georgia Southern (open up all the spots I possibly can, plus I'm now something of a MWC fan)
Samford over Eastern Illinois (every little helps)
Alcorn St. over Jackson St. and/or Prairie View over Alabama A&M (it would make me feel better)

NYJMUSupporter
November 16th, 2007, 09:09 AM
JMU. We need to make sure this is not the last game for are seniors. I expect a big win by the Dukes this weekend and then its on to the playoffs.

danefan
November 16th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Holly Cross (sorry 'Gate guys)
UMass
Colorado State
Praire View
Winston Salem
Maine
Samford

I think that is everyone who has to win for the Danes to get an at-large....xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2007, 09:13 AM
For me

Towson over James Madison (every win by our opponents makes us look better xnodx)
Colorado St. over Georgia Southern (open up all the spots I possibly can, plus I'm now something of a MWC fan)
Alcorn St. over Jackson St. and/or Prairie View over Alabama A&M (it would make me feel better)

xhomerx xhomerx :p

Seahawks Fan
November 16th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Albany - They are the best team to represent the NEC in the GIC

Wagner to beat Jacksonville - 7-4 is an improvement over last year.

danefan
November 16th, 2007, 09:15 AM
For me

I am with you......and oh yeah, one addition:

HOLY CROSS!
Go Crusaders!xthumbsupx (sorry 'Gate guys)

RAMS83
November 16th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I would like for Hofstra to knock off UMass. I think if they do --they get in the playoffs. That way Fordham-Hofstra can meet in the first round. Our schools our close in location and there is a genuine dislike for each other. There is respect but you always want to outshine (beat) the guys across town). It would probably get 12-14k in attendance.

Im not sure if Im rooting for Colgate -- I do always root for PL teams against other conferences but if they do get in -- they may take away a matchup away from us UMass - Hofstra- JNU - Richmond--schools most Fordham fans would like to play.

Elon and Richmond Head Coaches are friends of mine so I would like to see them both win as well. Although Elon's not likely to playoffs.

ButlerGSU
November 16th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Delaware to knock the bejeezus out of stinkin' Nova!

Eastern Washington to finish off its playoff push.

Georgia Southern to beat the marginally-FBS Colorado State Rumps.

Check the scores of the games CSU lost...they are not marginal - they are only a few points away from being a 7 win team...we'll have our hands full all day long.

bamamountaineer1013
November 16th, 2007, 09:31 AM
I would love to see Georgia Southern get a win

Eaglesrus
November 16th, 2007, 09:35 AM
GEORGIA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY and (only since seeing post #3 in this thread) Holy Cross

bfg
November 16th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I agree with ram83. I can't believe I'm rooting for Hofstra but if they win we'd have a shot at playing them and that's a much shoter trip than the drive to Amherst. Also agree on attendance. UMass got <6,000 for the first round last year. Fordham/Hofstra could get >10,000.

And, of course, I'm rooting for Fordham.

pantheralum16
November 16th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Weber State. Just do not want to see EWU in the dome againxsmhx

TheValleyRaider
November 16th, 2007, 10:09 AM
xhomerx xhomerx :p

Umm, yeah :p

I asked "who are you rooting for?" not "who do you think will win?" xrotatehx

Just for that, I'm rooting for Yale too :p

RabidRabbit
November 16th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Rabbits over Bison for first conference crown since 1963! xthumbsupx

Holy Cross over Colgate (Holy Cross has three "good" losses, one bad)

AL A&M (SWAC in the play-offs xconfusedx )

Ga Southern with a FBS win over Colo St. (Keep them in the bottom 10) xthumbsupx

McNeese and UNI to go undefeated.

EKU to win (doesn't that mean no FCS losses for EKU)

Del & Del St. to win (want that first ever game)xthumbsupx

Montana St. (underdog) to expose Montana's weaknesses (maybe on the road after round 1?)

FCS Preview
November 16th, 2007, 10:19 AM
I agree with ram83. I can't believe I'm rooting for Hofstra but if they win we'd have a shot at playing them and that's a much shoter trip than the drive to Amherst. Also agree on attendance. UMass got <6,000 for the first round last year. Fordham/Hofstra could get >10,000.

And, of course, I'm rooting for Fordham.

If the game's at Hofstra, it will only get 10K if Fordham brings 7000. :D

griz37
November 16th, 2007, 10:26 AM
The Griz of course
Georgia Southern
EWU
South Dakota St.
Alabama A&M
Albany
Whoever plays Dayton

Fordham
November 16th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I would like for Hofstra to knock off UMass. I think if they do --they get in the playoffs. That way Fordham-Hofstra can meet in the first round. Our schools our close in location and there is a genuine dislike for each other. There is respect but you always want to outshine (beat) the guys across town). It would probably get 12-14k in attendance.

Im not sure if Im rooting for Colgate -- I do always root for PL teams against other conferences but if they do get in -- they may take away a matchup away from us UMass - Hofstra- JNU - Richmond--schools most Fordham fans would like to play.

Elon and Richmond Head Coaches are friends of mine so I would like to see them both win as well. Although Elon's not likely to playoffs.

Agree on Hofstra in a big way and for the purely selfish reason that it would make it an easy drive for me and many other Fordham fans. Add in some extra spice from our history with them and the fact their Ass't HC is our former HC and I think we'd get more play in the NY media from this matchup than any other. All good reasons to root for the Flying Pride.

Disagree on Gate. I would love to see 2 PL teams get in there. As much as they might trump us and get a game at UMASS over us, I think that would still put us at Richmond, at worst. Given how both of those teams have played, we'll be considerable underdogs against either so I don't really care. Again, it would be great to see 2 PL teams get in, so hope Gate takes care of business and can join us.

As far as 10,000 for Hofstra, I'm not sure what would happen due to this falling on Thanksgiving weekend ... but given that we pulled in ~ 8,500 in our 7,000 capacity stadium for HC, I think we'd travel across town fairly well and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see a crowd over 10,000 for it. Hope we get the chance to see, though.

terrierbob
November 16th, 2007, 11:12 AM
GEORGIA! SOUTHERN! xshhhx

CamelCityAppFan
November 16th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Too many games to keep up with to pick favorites,
so I'll follow App-UTC closely, of course, and....

Montana-Montana State!

I think I'm pulling for Montana State, just for the seeding and AGS board discussions that will result! xthumbsupx

appmountaineer
November 16th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Montana state!
and of course the game i will attend app state

Ronin
November 16th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Rabbits over Bison for first conference crown since 1963! xthumbsupx

Holy Cross over Colgate (Holy Cross has three "good" losses, one bad)

AL A&M (SWAC in the play-offs xconfusedx )

Ga Southern with a FBS win over Colo St. (Keep them in the bottom 10) xthumbsupx

McNeese and UNI to go undefeated.

EKU to win (doesn't that mean no FCS losses for EKU)

Del & Del St. to win (want that first ever game)xthumbsupx

Montana St. (underdog) to expose Montana's weaknesses (maybe on the road after round 1?)

Rabbits over Bison
Montana St over Montana

Both would probably be considered upsets.

ASUG8
November 16th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Rabbits over Bison
Montana St over Montana

Both would probably be considered upsets.

I'm with you, plus a huge GSU win.

DSUrocks07
November 16th, 2007, 11:35 AM
All of the "State" schools. xthumbsupx (I must visit the state of Appalachia one day xlolx ) Plus I enjoy when the unexpected happens, and this seems to be the year of the upsets.

Alabama A&M - SWAC represent!!

Delaware - I don't want anything to stop them from making the playoffs. Go Hens!! (until next week of course)

Oh and this other Delaware school...the name escapes me at the moment ;)

ASUG8
November 16th, 2007, 11:40 AM
All of the "State" schools. xthumbsupx (I must visit the state of Appalachia one day xlolx )

We'd be happy hosts for you and your guys to visit our state. :)

Go...gate
November 16th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Agree on Hofstra in a big way and for the purely selfish reason that it would make it an easy drive for me and many other Fordham fans. Add in some extra spice from our history with them and the fact their Ass't HC is our former HC and I think we'd get more play in the NY media from this matchup than any other. All good reasons to root for the Flying Pride.

Disagree on Gate. I would love to see 2 PL teams get in there. As much as they might trump us and get a game at UMASS over us, I think that would still put us at Richmond, at worst. Given how both of those teams have played, we'll be considerable underdogs against either so I don't really care. Again, it would be great to see 2 PL teams get in, so hope Gate takes care of business and can join us.

As far as 10,000 for Hofstra, I'm not sure what would happen due to this falling on Thanksgiving weekend ... but given that we pulled in ~ 8,500 in our 7,000 capacity stadium for HC, I think we'd travel across town fairly well and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see a crowd over 10,000 for it. Hope we get the chance to see, though.

Rooting for Fordham, Colgate, Princeton, Delaware, Yale, Lehigh, Army, VMI, Notre Dame, Penn State and Ohio State.

Saluki_man
November 16th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I am rooting for:

SIU
Montana St.
UMass

I also feel that Central Arkansas-McNeese St. matchup will be very interesting.

proasu89
November 16th, 2007, 03:14 PM
All of the "State" schools. xthumbsupx (I must visit the state of Appalachia one day xlolx ) Plus I enjoy when the unexpected happens, and this seems to be the year of the upsets.

Alabama A&M - SWAC represent!!

Delaware - I don't want anything to stop them from making the playoffs. Go Hens!! (until next week of course)

Oh and this other Delaware school...the name escapes me at the moment ;)

That would be a good OOC game

skinny_uncle
November 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM
UCA and Montana State just because they could help our seed.

Georgia Southern just because they are playing an FBS.

Mountain Panther
November 16th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Montana State
South Dakota State
UNI :D

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 16th, 2007, 05:01 PM
The kitties are gonna have the most fans ever this weekend, now if they would just show up to the game to actually cheer them, it would be awesome! :D

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 16th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Check the scores of the games CSU lost...they are not marginal - they are only a few points away from being a 7 win team...we'll have our hands full all day long.

I haven't seen GSU play, but I would think you would have a shot to win this. I think CSU is a pretty decent team, I saw them play once this year. If you can put them down early, I think you have a shot, they can run the ball pretty well though. Hope your boys did some tackling practice this week, they have some good sized backs :)

CamelCityAppFan
November 16th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I haven't seen GSU play, but I would think you would have a shot to win this. I think CSU is a pretty decent team, I saw them play once this year. If you can put them down early, I think you have a shot, they can run the ball pretty well though. Hope your boys did some tackling practice this week, they have some good sized backs :)

Oh yeah, they can do it. Foster is a one man wrecking crew. Thank God he was utilized to his potential last year...

Tod
November 16th, 2007, 05:53 PM
The Griz
EWU
Albany
Dayton
Colorado State
SDSU
UCA
UMass (though my heart says Hofstra)

I'd love to see Dayton get in, and that can only happen if a lot of bubble teams lose.

No SWAC team!

CopperCat
November 16th, 2007, 06:08 PM
The kitties are gonna have the most fans ever this weekend, now if they would just show up to the game to actually cheer them, it would be awesome! :D

Wtf are you talking about? There's been plenty of people at those games at kickoff. The team just needs to play in a way that keeps those fans there. MSU has probably been averaging between 13,500 and 13,900 this season.

Of course I'm pulling for the Cats.

citdog
November 16th, 2007, 06:13 PM
i think i'll cheer for The Citadel Bulldogs.

CatFan22
November 16th, 2007, 06:15 PM
MSU and EWU.

Intrepid
November 16th, 2007, 06:21 PM
I'm rooting for the following teams:

Delaware over 'Nova
Norfolk St. over Winston-Salem
Hampton over Southern Illinois

MR. CHICKEN
November 16th, 2007, 06:22 PM
WEBER STATE
COLORADO STATE
UMA$$
PRAIRIE VIEW A & M
DELAWARE

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 16th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Wtf are you talking about? There's been plenty of people at those games at kickoff. The team just needs to play in a way that keeps those fans there. MSU has probably been averaging between 13,500 and 13,900 this season.

Of course I'm pulling for the Cats.

I was talking to all the fair weather fans here that WON"T be making it to the game and cheering against the Griz, wasn't a knock on MSU at all believe it or not :)

nevadagriz
November 16th, 2007, 06:24 PM
I will be cheering for THE CITADELxthumbsupx

Who they playing?????:D

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 16th, 2007, 06:54 PM
UMASS...................and of course JMU, the game I will be at...

GO DUKES

Grizaholic17
November 16th, 2007, 06:58 PM
GO EWU EAGLES! Make the BSC proud

igo4uni
November 16th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Montana State
South Dakota State
UNI :D

Add Georgia Southern and that's a good list!!!

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
Go EWU baby!

skinny_uncle
I'm rooting for the following teams:

Delaware over 'Nova
Norfolk St. over Winston-Salem
Hampton over Southern Illinois
You are still sore about 2004 aren't you?

FCS Go!
November 16th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Eastern Washington
VMI
Norfolk St
Ga Southern
S. Dakota St
UMass
Towson
UC Davis
Sac St
S. Utah
C. Arkansas

Some of these are mean-spirited, most are selfish and a few are sympathy votes. Go Big Sky (Cats excluded)!

swaghook
November 16th, 2007, 07:15 PM
In support of a couple of underdogs and one top dog.

MT St good chance at an upset

SUU need a miracle but AGS.

and of course the Bison

IABison
November 16th, 2007, 09:42 PM
NDSU
UM
EWU
Southern Utah...xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xsmiley_wix

Appaholic
November 16th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Weber State
Montana State
Georgia Southern
Citadel
App St

TheBisonator
November 16th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Looks like it's just Bison fans cheering for NDSU tomorrow??

swaghook
November 16th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Looks like it's just Bison fans cheering for NDSU tomorrow??Everyone loves the underdog in a fight unless thier dog happens to be the top dog in the fight.

UMass922
November 16th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Albany
Yale
Georgia Southern

FCS Go!
November 16th, 2007, 11:04 PM
It would just be sooooo much simpler if the Bison lose...

I generally root for SDSU though, at lease when they don't play a Big Sky team, so don't get mad. xpeacex

ngineer
November 16th, 2007, 11:09 PM
In a curious way, I'm pulling for Bucknell to upset Fordham..Not because I wish the Rams and ill, just that it would be good for the Bison to have something to build on for next year. My daughter is a Bucknell grad, so I do have some affinity for the school and know that they've been through a hell of a season. I've been upset enough over our season. I can't imagine what they've gone through. Plus, regardless of outcome, Fordham has their ticket punched for the playoffs.

I'd also like to see the Hens clobber Villanova...just because. and the Crimson to upset the Eli--gotta pull for my legal buddy Ivytalk to win in the Bowl.

T-Dog
November 16th, 2007, 11:13 PM
THE Appalachian State University xsmiley_wix

and Montana State, Hampton, UCA and GaSo

BlueHen86
November 16th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Delaware - obviously
Yale - I grew up in New Haven
VMI - many VMI grads in my family tree
Idle - sorry Wofford, can't support you this weekend.:D

KiddBrewer
November 17th, 2007, 12:24 AM
app, georgia southern, and whoever is playing deleware.

griz&beer
November 17th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Griz..EWU..NDSU that is one good team you ND's have. .The cowboys of MSU. GSU ..UNI.. Cal Poly.. UNC.. SUU

GreatAppSt
November 17th, 2007, 01:58 AM
I will answer by GreatAppSt or GreatEagSt for a few hours today.xthumbsupx

th0m
November 17th, 2007, 02:20 AM
JMU ofcourse. Other bubble-teams to lose.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 17th, 2007, 03:46 AM
GEORGIA SOUTHERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll tell you, Statesoboro is PUMPED!!! I was at the bar last night, and the band was in between songs, I yelled "GEORGIA", and everyone else yelled back "SOUTHERN!!" we are READY for the POST SEASON!!! BRING ON CSU!!!!

appst97
November 17th, 2007, 04:28 AM
GSU!!

Cocky
November 17th, 2007, 09:26 AM
UMASS
Harvard
Holy Cross
EKU
South Dakota ST
EIU
Chattanooga
Morehead St
JSU homer pick because the game means zero.

eagle_13
November 17th, 2007, 09:39 AM
GEORGIA SOUTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
Weber St.
UMass
W&M
Towson
Winston Salem St. (kind of hard to pull for any Rams this weekend)
Holy Cross
Samford (Hard to pull for any bulldogs too!)
Praire View A&M

a bit homerish but i don't want to get Woofed!

Hail Southern!

citdog
November 17th, 2007, 10:07 AM
VMI - many VMI grads in my family tree

I wouldn't advertise that fact. VMI SUCKS! The Citadel will triumph over the "Fake Citadel" today.

Boogs
November 17th, 2007, 10:10 AM
I'm rootin' for Albany. I need an Albany win to get them later this year in the GiC

Sam Adams
November 17th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Massachusetts
Delaware
JMU
UNH
Albany
Yale
MSU
William&Mary
Southern Utah
Hampton
xsmiley_wix

Peems
November 17th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I think there are two teams everyone but their respective fans are cheering against:
The Griz and The Bison.