PDA

View Full Version : First Year Lafayette Head Basketball Coach Jordan Suspended by College

ngineer
February 21st, 2023, 03:47 PM
Reported on Lehigh Valley Live that Lafayette's basketball HC, Mike Jordan, has been placed on paid leave of absence while the school investigates complaints about his conduct as head coach. No other details given. Jordan was hired this past year to replace longtime head coach, Fran O'Hanlon, who was at Lafayette for over 20 years and was always well respected. Lafayette's team this year has lost 20 games, but has been competitive in the Patriot League. I will say this, I attended the Lehigh basketball game with the Leotards last month and was somewhat surprised by Jordan's conduct: yelling at the officials, major gesticulations of disgust with calls and his team's play, and yelling at the players. A significant departure from the temperament O'Hanlon was known for. Fran would get mad at times, but he didn't show up his players. Not sure if that is the problem or something else, but we shall see...

bonarae
February 21st, 2023, 04:39 PM
Probably at the same degree as New Mexico State's handling of the coaching investigation... xsmhx

ngineer
February 23rd, 2023, 12:19 PM
From what little I have read locally, seems that his yelling and swearing at players and demeaning them is the crux of the problem and that it was brought up before with him, but apparently no change. Don't know if they'll have him get anger management therapy or just terminate. It is his first HC position. Spent about 10 years after a decorated career at Penn playing on various teams throughout Europe. Then returned and was an assistant for 1 year at Colgate, 1 year at Bucknell and another year at Colgate before hired by Lafayette.