PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State

woffordgrad94
November 10th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Well, another one bites the dust. But OSU is far from done, contrary to what ABC/ESPN seems to think. Those announcers kept saying that the Buckeyes were probably out of the NC race now. I don't think that's true at all, considering all of the one-loss teams now and the fact that the two unbeatens left are relatively weak. Hawaii has no shot at playing in the NC game even if they don't lose, and Kansas will probably lose to Missouri or to Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship game (the Jayhawk's schedule has been quite light so far). I think OSU still has a chance if they beat Michigan. But I hope they don't, being that they handled the loss with so little class today. After the game, those guys wanted to fight Illinois!

CopperCat
November 10th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I'm glad OSU lost. They, along with USC, are one of the most overhyped teams in all of college sports. They have been proven to be beatable (by an unranked team no less) and I say let the other teams have a shot to go the NC game. How about Kansas or Missouri? Or Oregon? Those teams have taken care of business and not much is being said about them (with the exception of Oregon perhaps). Everybody says that the system doesn't favor you if you lose later in the season. I would agree, in which case OSU will be going to a lesser BCS game.

And that's just fine with me. I'm pretty damn tired of watching OSU and USC every year.

ucdtim17
November 10th, 2007, 07:09 PM
If LSU and Oregon win out, it should and will be them in the championship game

Pards Rule
November 10th, 2007, 07:11 PM
YES!! Despise OSU!!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 10th, 2007, 07:56 PM
This opens the door for Kansas. If they're the only unbeaten team from a major conference they have got to go. I think the pollsters will do some "tweaking". A Kansas-LSU or Kansas-Oregon would be a big draw IMO. It would be completely different and after Bosie State-Oklahoma game last year people are looking for a good story. If Kansas wins tonight and beats Top 5 Missouri and Oklahoma it would be the biggest rip in the last 20+ years.

Hammerhead
November 11th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I just want enough schools claiming that they deserve to play for the "championship" that the BcS in use now gets replaced by a play-off like every other level of college football.

patssle
November 11th, 2007, 02:00 AM
are one of the most overhyped teams in all of college sports

National Champions in 2002. A NC appearance last year. Undefeated until tonight this year. 10-2 in 2005, 12-1 in 2006, and currently 10-1.

I could care less about Ohio, I'm not a fan...but it seems the hype is warrented.

nwFL Griz
November 11th, 2007, 10:22 AM
National Champions in 2002. A NC appearance last year. Undefeated until tonight this year. 10-2 in 2005, 12-1 in 2006, and currently 10-1.

I could care less about Ohio, I'm not a fan...but it seems the hype is warrented.

The 2002 NC was handed to them by a bogus pass-interference call, and it became obvious that their 2006 team was extremely over-hyped/over-rated with the drubbing they took at the hands of the Gators. This team has skated the last couple of years on the back of a weak conference, and I'm glad they are eliminated from the NC race this year. (Unless Oregon, LSU, Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma lose another game each. Not to mention I think Michigan will handle them in the Big House)

Franks Tanks
November 11th, 2007, 12:05 PM

If Kansas wins out they absolutely deserve to go. They play #6 Missouri and will most likely play #5 Oklahoma in the Big 12 champioship game. Going undefeated and beating such highly ranked teams at the end of the year means they deserve to be there. Discussion then should be LSU or Oregon as the other team of they both win out--LSu will probabaly get the nod there even though I countinue to be very underwhelmed by the LSU offense or lack there of.

Franks Tanks
November 11th, 2007, 12:08 PM
This opens the door for Kansas. If they're the only unbeaten team from a major conference they have got to go. I think the pollsters will do some "tweaking". A Kansas-LSU or Kansas-Oregon would be a big draw IMO. It would be completely different and after Bosie State-Oklahoma game last year people are looking for a good story. If Kansas wins tonight and beats Top 5 Missouri and Oklahoma it would be the biggest rip in the last 20+ years.

The BCS computer experts do seem to think that beating Missori and Oklahoma will catapult there computer ranking into the top two as being undefeated is a very very importnat piece of the computer ranking. They are only being hurt by SOS now, but those two games will make the difference..They just have to win. If this happens to Kansas it will be a slight just as crappy as Auburn in 2004 and Penn State in 94-- both of those teams got robbed by crappy Big 12 chapms.

813Jag
November 11th, 2007, 01:37 PM
If Kansas wins out they absolutely deserve to go. They play #6 Missouri and will most likely play #5 Oklahoma in the Big 12 champioship game. Going undefeated and beating such highly ranked teams at the end of the year means they deserve to be there. Discussion then should be LSU or Oregon as the other team of they both win out--LSu will probabaly get the nod there even though I countinue to be very underwhelmed by the LSU offense or lack there of.
LSU with Matt Flynn starting at QB hasn't scored less than 28 points in any game, I don't think that's a lack of offense. Are they spectacular? No. But they get the job done, I hate to say it but they deserve to be where they are. If they get to the Championship they would have beaten 6 ranked teams.

Franks Tanks
November 11th, 2007, 02:01 PM
LSU with Matt Flynn starting at QB hasn't scored less than 28 points in any game, I don't think that's a lack of offense. Are they spectacular? No. But they get the job done, I hate to say it but they deserve to be where they are. If they get to the Championship they would have beaten 6 ranked teams.

I agree-- they are not overly impressive but they keep winning. If LSU and Kansas win out- they whould meet in the title game.

ucdtim17
November 11th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I agree-- they are not overly impressive but they keep winning. If LSU and Kansas win out- they whould meet in the title game.

That's a very big If. I'd say it's a better than 50% chance Oregon is in New Orleans

BlueHen86
November 11th, 2007, 03:46 PM
That's a very big If. I'd say it's a better than 50% chance Oregon is in New Orleans
That sounds about right.

The biggest problem that Oregon has is that the Big 12 champ will most likely be Kansas at 13 - 0, Oklahoma at 12 - 1 or Missouri at 12 - 1, any of whom could leapfrog over Oregon. That extra game (Big 12 Championship) works in favor of the Big 12 champ.

OB55
November 11th, 2007, 06:44 PM

Championship for what? xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

OB55
November 11th, 2007, 06:48 PM
There has never been, nor will there ever be a national champion in major college football until all the nonsense is dispensed with. Teams that think they have a national championship in their trophy case will eventually find out there is an * attached to it.

What a joke this whole mess is, BCS xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Shame that major college football to date has the same basic credibility of Barry Bonds.

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2007, 06:03 PM
The 2002 NC was handed to them by a bogus pass-interference call, and it became obvious that their 2006 team was extremely over-hyped/over-rated with the drubbing they took at the hands of the Gators. This team has skated the last couple of years on the back of a weak conference, and I'm glad they are eliminated from the NC race this year. (Unless Oregon, LSU, Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma lose another game each. Not to mention I think Michigan will handle them in the Big House)

Indeed that was one of the WORST pass interference calls I have EVER witnessed

griz37
November 12th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Indeed that was one of the WORST pass interference calls I have EVER witnessed
Ranks right behind the call that went against Navy in the 3rd OT against Notre Dame.

nwFL Griz
November 12th, 2007, 08:29 PM
The way LSU has been going, I don't think they'll win out. I forsee an Oregon vs. Big 12 champ BCS title game....which would be a heck of a game!