PDA

View Full Version : Vikings To Give Williamson's Check Back

blackfordpu
November 10th, 2007, 04:47 PM
He is going to donate the check to charity in honor of his grandmother. That is how to honor someone. He seems like a stand up guy.

MINNEAPOLIS -- Grieving Troy Williamson will get his last game check back.

Vikings coach Brad Childress called reporters Saturday to share the news, citing a need to change course that "came ringing back" to him following a weekly meeting with the veteran players on his leadership committee.

Last week, Williamson left the team to be with his family in South Carolina after the death of his grandmother, Celestine, to whom he was very close. An older brother of Williamson's, Carlton, has also been in and out of a coma following a September car crash.

In a statement issued by his agent, David Canter, Williamson thanked those who spoke up for him and offered support to his family during a trying time. He said he'll donate the returned check to charity in honor of his grandmother.

"My wish is that the issue is over, and that I can now go about being a football player and putting this matter behind me," Williamson said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3103651

Col Hogan
November 10th, 2007, 05:09 PM
The Vikings had to do this...it was right...and the negative attention was unbearable...

And a classy move by Williamson to donate it to charity...