PDA

View Full Version : UMass vs UNI

Col Hogan
November 9th, 2007, 04:47 AM
For the NC....not yet...

But in Basketball, this weekend the UMass squad travels to UNI to open the season. They play Cal Poly on Friday..Northern Illinois on Saturday...and host UNI on Sunday...

A freshman heavy squad, UMass has been picked in the pre-season poll 8th in the A-10 (yep, we're still A-10 for all sports except football and hockey). Some of the freshmen look like they will be big contributors so it could be a good season...

Last year the expectations were a bit higher than the eventual outcome (post-season NIT, and a short stay in the tourney at that xoopsx )

CollegeSportsInfo
November 9th, 2007, 01:41 PM
I expect it to be a down year with the loss of three starting players. The freshmen look solid so hopefully us UMass fans will finally get to see a team in a few years that is tourney worthy.

Umass74
November 9th, 2007, 06:43 PM
UMass went on a 26-2 run with 10 minutes to go to smoke Cal Poly 90-64 (http://umassathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/110907aaa.html) :)

Next up Northern Illinois on Saturday then UNI on Sunday.

Col Hogan
November 9th, 2007, 07:00 PM
UMass went on a 26-2 run with 10 minutes to go to smoke Cal Poly 90-64 (http://umassathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/110907aaa.html) :)

Next up Northern Illinois on Saturday then UNI on Sunday.

Just read the story on the UMass Athletics page...good late run for a season opening win.....xthumbsupx

RabidRabbit
November 9th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Congrats for getting out west to play!!!!xthumbsupx

pantherclaw
November 9th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Northern Illinois is absolutly terrible, it got so bad i yelled to Jacobson abotu midway through the second half if i could put on a jersey and play, it was a quiet moment so maybe he heard me.

FarSouth Bison
November 10th, 2007, 07:17 AM
I bet Coach Jacobson could still drain the three's like he did when he played back here in North Dakota.

Col Hogan
November 10th, 2007, 07:03 PM
UMass 53 Northern Illinois 37 at the half...

Col Hogan
November 10th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Final score

UMass 102 - Northern Illinois 87

OK, UNI...you're next...

What should we expect????

PantherRob82
November 10th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Tough to say. We didn't match up well with Cal Poly but beat down Northern Illinois. Could go either way.
Didn't get to see either UMass game.

DOME
November 11th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Welp uni wins 75 68 :)

Kind of nice having an undefeated football team and basketball team!

Hopefully we can see UMass again next door in the dome xsmiley_wix

Umass74
November 11th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Congrats. UMass was stone cold shooting. It ended up closer than I thought it was going to be for awhile.

How about UMass-UNI in Chattanooga .xnodx

Col Hogan
November 11th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Congrats to the UNI BBall team...good win tonight to win your tourney...

I got to listen to some of the games...UMass has a good team that is Frosh-heavy and needs to come together...I think this weekend helped them prepare for some of the big games coming up...

Now, I don't want to see you guys in football until we get to 'Nooga....

crunifan
November 11th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I'd say it was a pretty successful weekend in the world of Panther athletics.

Friday:

Volleyball wins at Evansville
UNI Women's Basketball beat Colorado State
UNI Men's Basketball beat Northern Illinois

Saturday:

Football has third straight sellout witness a68-14 win over Indiana State
Volleyball win 10th straight at SIU
UNI Men's Basketball beat Cal Poly

Sunday:

UNI Men's Basketball beat UMass

Not a bad weekend at all...