PDA

View Full Version : Official Champions League 2007/08 thread

Pages : [1] 2

bandl
November 5th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Alright folks…we’re getting into the second go-round of the Group Stage now. xthumbsupx And it’s about time we started a thread on this. xnodx There are tons of intriguing matches coming up. There’s also quite a bit of drama to unfold in each of the groups. xreadx Notably:

Group A – Liverpool sits in last place with 1 point and only a miracle will advance them to the knock-out. Go FC Porto!!!
Group B – Chelsea should win easily, but it is still wide open for second place, as the last 3 teams are within 1 point of each other
Group C – Real Madrid should advance easily, while Werder Bremen has been a disappointment
Group D – AC Milan is tied on top with Shaktar, who is quite a surprise in this group
Group E – Barcelona and the Rangers have all but already advanced to the knock-out
Group F – Man U only has won all 3 matches thus far, while Roma looks to be in good shape for second place
Group G – Inter Milan is in front with 6 points, but Fenerbance and PSV are 1 and 2 points back respectively. IMO, this is the most interesting group because any 1 of these 3 can advance. Go PSV!!! xrulesx
Group H – Arsenal is arguably the best team in the tourney this year, with 11 goals scored and 0 allowed in 3 wins. They will advance easily. Sevilla should take second place without much problem considering the bottom two teams in the group.

Upcoming matches this week (my choices in bold):
FC Porto v Marseille
Liverpool v Besiktas - Liverpool is eliminated here
Schalke 04 v Chelsea
Valencia v Rosenborg
Lazio v Werder Bremen
Olympiakos v Real Madrid
Celtic v Benfica
Shakhtar Donetsk v AC Milan
Barcelona v Rangers
Lyon v VfB Stuttgart
Man Utd v Dynamo Kiev
Sporting Lisbon v Roma
Fenerbahce v PSV Eindhoven
Inter Milan v CSKA Moscow
Slavia Prague v Arsenal
Steaua Bucuresti v FC Sevilla

Who do you got winning?

Let the debates begin!! xsmiley_wix

citdog
November 5th, 2007, 12:24 PM
SOCCER IS FOR COMMUNISTS

bandl
November 5th, 2007, 12:33 PM
SOCCER IS FOR COMMUNISTS

Thanks for your typical, well thought out comment. Your vast knowledge on the subject is appreciated and undeniably original. As I am fairly certain that no one on this board has ever uttered such deep thoughts as 'soccer is for communists'. I feel enlightened now.

citdog
November 5th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks for your typical, well thought out comment. Your vast knowledge on the subject is appreciated and undeniably original. As I am fairly certain that no one on this board has ever uttered such deep thoughts as 'soccer is for communists'. I feel enlightened now.

YOU'RE VERY WELCOME BANDL! NOW GO EAT AN ORANGE SLICE!

TheValleyRaider
November 5th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Arsenal looks pretty good so far, albeit against arguably the worst group in the tournament. Still, they've beaten the opposition soundly each time, and there's every reason to believe they'll take all 9 points on the second go-round. I could see them struggling in either of their road games, as they don't seem to travel well to Eastern Europe (Slavia Prague), and Sevilla is not an easy place to visit. I could also see Wenger mixing up the sides a bit if we clinch early to get other players some time on the field. Of course emptying the bench means starting Jens Lehmann and Gilberto ;)

bandl
November 5th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Arsenal looks pretty good so far, albeit against arguably the worst group in the tournament. Still, they've beaten the opposition soundly each time, and there's every reason to believe they'll take all 9 points on the second go-round. I could see them struggling in either of their road games, as they don't seem to travel well to Eastern Europe (Slavia Prague), and Sevilla is not an easy place to visit. I could also see Wenger mixing up the sides a bit if we clinch early to get other players some time on the field. Of course emptying the bench means starting Jens Lehmann and Gilberto ;)

xlolx I could think of worse back-ups! xcoolx

bandl
November 5th, 2007, 12:43 PM
btw, Ronaldo is in the line-up with Milan for the first time this CL season. Will he have an impact? Or will he be barfing up italian sausage and pasta by the 2nd half? xconfusedx

bandl
November 5th, 2007, 12:47 PM
And will Valencia, only 1 point out of second, make a run in Group B with their new coach, Koemann? xconfusedx

And how will the loss of Koemann effect PSV? :( Sadly, I think they are in too much shock and turmoil internally to really be a challenge going forward.

Grizalltheway
November 5th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Alright folks…we’re getting into the second go-round of the Group Stage now. xthumbsupx And it’s about time we started a thread on this. xnodx There are tons of intriguing matches coming up. There’s also quite a bit of drama to unfold in each of the groups. xreadx Notably:

Group A – Liverpool sits in last place with 1 point and only a miracle will advance them to the knock-out. Go FC Porto!!!
Group B – Chelsea should win easily, but it is still wide open for second place, as the last 3 teams are within 1 point of each other
Group C – Real Madrid should advance easily, while Werder Bremen has been a disappointment
Group D – AC Milan is tied on top with Shaktar, who is quite a surprise in this group
Group E – Barcelona and the Rangers have all but already advanced to the knock-out
Group F – Man U only has won all 3 matches thus far, while Roma looks to be in good shape for second place
Group G – Inter Milan is in front with 6 points, but Fenerbance and PSV are 1 and 2 points back respectively. IMO, this is the most interesting group because any 1 of these 3 can advance. Go PSV!!! xrulesx
Group H – Arsenal is arguably the best team in the tourney this year, with 11 goals scored and 0 allowed in 3 wins. They will advance easily. Sevilla should take second place without much problem considering the bottom two teams in the group.

Upcoming matches this week (my choices in bold):
FC Porto v Marseille
Liverpool v Besiktas - Liverpool is eliminated here
Schalke 04 v Chelsea
Valencia v Rosenborg
Lazio v Werder Bremen
Olympiakos v Real Madrid
Celtic v Benfica
Barcelona v Rangers
Lyon v VfB Stuttgart
Man Utd v Dynamo Kiev
Sporting Lisbon v Roma
Slavia Prague v Arsenal

Who do you got winning?

Let the debates begin!! xsmiley_wix

No kidding. Except for maybe Schalke, all of the German teams have laid an egg so far. xnonono2x

I think the favorites have to be Arsenal and Barcelona right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch of the final two years ago, depending on how the draw works out. As long as Man U and AC Milan don't win, I'm happy. xnodx

Blue Hen Nation
November 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM
FC Porto v Marseille
Liverpool v Besiktas - xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx
Schalke 04 v Chelsea
Valencia v Rosenborg
Lazio v Werder Bremen
Olympiakos v Real Madrid
Celtic v Benfica
Barcelona v Rangers
Lyon v VfB Stuttgart
Man Utd v Dynamo Kiev
Sporting Lisbon v Roma
Slavia Prague v Arsenal

TheValleyRaider
November 5th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I think the favorites have to be Arsenal and Barcelona right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch of the final two years ago, depending on how the draw works out.

I could go for that xnodx

Revenge for Paris! And show Henry what he could have been a part of xnodx

I will say, I expect Liverpool to survive this week, at least. No way they go spinning out of the competition at Anfield. Hope springs eternal for the Reds...for now.

Dane96
November 5th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Liverpool looks like ****...all around. I swear to everything that is holy, every time Crouch takes the pitch, something good happens. He leaves him on the bench way to long and has insane substitution patterns. Benitez needs to go. On a brighter note, I may be going to see them Dec. 15- Man U is visiting.

bandl
November 6th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Liverpool looks like ****...all around. I swear to everything that is holy, every time Crouch takes the pitch, something good happens. He leaves him on the bench way to long and has insane substitution patterns. Benitez needs to go. On a brighter note, I may be going to see them Dec. 15- Man U is visiting.

Truer words have never been spoken! xnodx Crouch scored in the 19th minute, and Benayoun has a hat trick already. Liverpool is up 4-0 with 30 minutes to go. xthumbsupx

All other games are either tied or 1-up... xcoffeex

Blue Hen Nation
November 6th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Liverpool has always played well under pressure. On that note, what the hell did Benayoun eat this morning - wow!

bandl
November 6th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Liverpool has always played well under pressure. On that note, what the hell did Benayoun eat this morning - wow!

Make that 5-0....Gerrard decided to help out a bit by adding another goal xeekx

I just hope they used up all their magic now before their match with FC Porto (who is tied with Marseilles)... :o

Blue Hen Nation
November 6th, 2007, 03:20 PM
They're pissed about the 0-0 tie to Blackburn.

Blue Hen Nation
November 6th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Goal Porto

bandl
November 6th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Goal Porto

F&CK YEAH!!!!

xthumbsupx

bandl
November 6th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Goal Liverpool

Babel

6-0

bandl
November 6th, 2007, 03:25 PM
And will Valencia, only 1 point out of second, make a run in Group B with their new coach, Koemann? xconfusedx

And how will the loss of Koemann effect PSV? :( Sadly, I think they are in too much shock and turmoil internally to really be a challenge going forward.

Appears not...Valencia is down 0-2 xsmhx

Hopefully PSV will do better tomorrow. xnodx

Blue Hen Nation
November 6th, 2007, 03:25 PM
6-0 in the Champions League - what's up?

bandl
November 6th, 2007, 03:26 PM
6-0 in the Champions League - what's up?

No, no...it's 7-0. Babel just scored again!!! xeekx

Blue Hen Nation
November 6th, 2007, 03:27 PM
You're kidding me

Blue Hen Nation
November 6th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I'm starting to feel sorry for them

bandl
November 6th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I'm starting to feel sorry for them

I'm not. xlolx

Porto moves into first xthumbsupx , Liverpool climbs into third, 3 points behind Besiktas. It's still possible that they can pull out a miracle and advance. ;)

Porto - 8
Marseilles - 7
Liverpool - 4
Besiktas - 3

BTW...it's 8-0 now. Crouch scored again. xcoffeex

DuckDuckGriz
November 6th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I don't know what's goin on but it's not a Travis Red Sox/Patriots/Northeast love fest thread so carry on xthumbsupx

Blue Hen Nation
November 6th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Looking forward to 11/28 v. Porto & 21/11 v. Marseille. It's going to get real interesting.

Blue Hen Nation
November 6th, 2007, 03:37 PM
8-0 lol

SuperJon
November 6th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I decided, "Screw this, I'm taking a nap" when it got to be 4-0.

I just pray the Reds didn't use up all of their goals today since they haven't been able to score in the EPL all season.

appfan2008
November 6th, 2007, 06:03 PM
I don't know what's goin on but it's not a Travis Red Sox/Patriots/Northeast love fest thread so carry on xthumbsupx

I agree except I know what is going on but dont care... but yes please do carry on

Peems
November 6th, 2007, 11:05 PM
What games are on TV tomorrow?

TheValleyRaider
November 7th, 2007, 12:30 AM
What games are on TV tomorrow?

ManU's game at home (Dynamo Kiev, is it?) is on ESPN2

3 others will be on ESPN Deportes

Arsenal-Slavia Prague is not among them

Blue Hen Nation
November 7th, 2007, 07:34 AM
ManU's game at home (Dynamo Kiev, is it?) is on ESPN2

3 others will be on ESPN Deportes

Arsenal-Slavia Prague is not among them

ManU and Arsenal should roll on these guys.

bandl
November 7th, 2007, 02:33 PM
ManU and Arsenal should roll on these guys.

At halftime for all matches, 17 goals scored total in the 8 matches today. Not a one by scored by Arsenal, and only 1 shot (not on target). xeekx

FU Arsenal. xnodx

Dane96
November 7th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I decided, "Screw this, I'm taking a nap" when it got to be 4-0.

I just pray the Reds didn't use up all of their goals today since they haven't been able to score in the EPL all season.

Well...maybe Benitez can show some emotion. Did you see that jackal all game? I really can't stand the man!

That was a pasting!!!

I think Liverpool has a shot to pull out of the round...but they better figure out the PL quick!

TheValleyRaider
November 7th, 2007, 05:20 PM
At halftime for all matches, 17 goals scored total in the 8 matches today. Not a one by scored by Arsenal, and only 1 shot (not on target). xeekx

FU Arsenal. xnodx

Gunners still beat Slavia 7-0 on aggregate xlolx

Weak effort, but still through to the next round xnodx xpeacex

Next match: EPL on Monday at Reading
Next Champions League match: 11/27 at Sevilla

Grizalltheway
November 7th, 2007, 06:17 PM

FU Arsenal. xnodx

BTW bandl, what did you think of seeing Bayern in person?

bandl
November 7th, 2007, 08:48 PM
BTW bandl, what did you think of seeing Bayern in person?

GRRRRRRRR....I didn't get to go. xmadx

I went to a bullfight instead. :)
Which was quite alright with me, I'd already seen some soccer while I was over there in Portugal, but had never seen a bullfight. xnodx

bandl
February 13th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Bump

CL knock-out stage starts next week. xthumbsupx

Go FC Porto!!!

bandl
February 13th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Bump

CL knock-out stages start next week. xthumbsupx

Go FC Porto!!!

bandl
February 18th, 2008, 08:13 AM
BUMP

Liverpool.....hahahahahahahahahahahaha....that's all I'll say about them for now, they are embarassed enough :p

bandl
February 18th, 2008, 08:19 AM
My picks in bold

Schalke - Porto xnodx
Roma - Real Madrid
Olympiacos - Chelsea
Liverpool - Internazionale xlolx
Celtic - Barcelona
Lyon - Man. United
Fenerbahçe - Sevilla
Arsenal - Milan xconfusedx

SuperJon
February 18th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Liverpool, for the love of all that is holy, please don't get embarrassed at home again.

Grizalltheway
February 18th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I'd love to watch the Arsenal-AC Milan match tomorrow night, but I've got to go to a play in Potsdam. xmadx

Peems
February 18th, 2008, 06:57 PM
What's the TV Schedule looks like for tomorrow?

Peems
February 18th, 2008, 07:00 PM
EDIT: I lied here is the ESPN schedule for the upcoming days

http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnTopics?topic=ESPN_UEFA2

bandl
February 19th, 2008, 11:17 AM
giddyup...2.5 hours away....xthumbsupx

Dane96
February 19th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I'd love to watch the Arsenal-AC Milan match tomorrow night, but I've got to go to a play in Potsdam. xmadx

Stop making us jealous...sheesh! :D

BTW, I really liked Potsdam...cool little town. Is the play in one of the old buildings on the palace grounds? Or is it in "downtown" (cough, cough) Potsdam.

Peems
February 19th, 2008, 11:30 AM
giddyup...2.5 hours away....xthumbsupx

I got the day off today, have to run some errands but I'll be watching!!!

U?

bandl
February 19th, 2008, 11:34 AM
I got the day off today, have to run some errands but I'll be watching!!!

U?

Of course!!!!...I purchase the Live Match Video from UEFA.com so I can watch the matches that aren't on TV. I either don't have all the channels, or I don't want to wait around to watch the recorded match later in the day.

bandl
February 19th, 2008, 01:46 PM
It's on! xthumbsupx

Interesting tidbit...FC Porto is playing today at Arena AufSchalke, where they won the 2004 CL final. xnodx

Peems
February 19th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Currently watching Liverpool vs. Inter

Go Milan!!!

bandl
February 19th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Schalke is already up 1-0 on Porto!! xsmhx

bandl
February 19th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Currently watching Liverpool vs. Inter

Go Milan!!!

F Yeah Go Milan!!

Raf probably played all his reserves today in an effort to 'keep things fresh' xrolleyesx

Honest question...why are Benayoun and Crouch on the bench for LP? If they are slightly injured or recovering from an injury, I understand. But if not, both players have more than enough stamina to play the full 90 minutes and they both WILL make things happen.

Peems
February 19th, 2008, 01:56 PM
F Yeah Go Milan!!

Raf probably played all his reserves today in an effort to 'keep things fresh' xrolleyesx

Honest question...why are Benayoun and Crouch on the bench for LP? If they are slightly injured or recovering from an injury, I understand. But if not, both players have more than enough stamina to play the full 90 minutes and they both WILL make things happen.

Did the same thing last year when in the CL final. When Crouch finally came on Liverpool scored.

Side note, the reason I like Milan so much is because of Adriano, but no Adriano this year xsmhx

bandl
February 19th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Did the same thing last year when in the CL final. When Crouch finally came on Liverpool scored.

Side note, the reason I like Milan so much is because of Adriano, but no Adriano this year xsmhx

EXACTLY. Why not let him make a few things happen instead of sending him out there when it might be too late?

Inter hasn't lost in something like 5 months...Cruz and Ibrihamovic (sp?) are pretty good attackers! xthumbsupx

SuperJon
February 19th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Why Peter Crouch doesn't play is beyond me. I'd be pissed if I was him. I like Kuyt and Torres, but Crouch needs to be in the game in some aspect. He's too good and is too much of a matchup problem to be on the bench.

Oh, and as a Liverpool fan, that double yellow was a joke.

bandl
February 19th, 2008, 03:23 PM
As it stands now…

Crouch was brought in the 64th minute, but it might be too late…if Liverpool doesn’t win today, they will be eliminated when they play in Italy. xrulesx

FC Porto is playing without Boswinga today…but if they can hold Schalke to one goal today and dominate the pitch like they have today, then they should be able to score a couple in Porto next match. xnodx

Roma is up 2-1 on RM!! WTF xeekx

Chelsea seems dead set on a draw, they are playing extremely conservative today. xcoffeex

bandl
February 19th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Kuyt and Gerrard score in the last 6 minutes...LP up 2-0!

SuperJon
February 19th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I would have Steven Gerrard's babies right now.

Peems
February 19th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Why Peter Crouch doesn't play is beyond me. I'd be pissed if I was him. I like Kuyt and Torres, but Crouch needs to be in the game in some aspect. He's too good and is too much of a matchup problem to be on the bench.

Oh, and as a Liverpool fan, that double yellow was a joke.

As a Milan fan I completely agree:D

Better luck for the blue in three weeks.

SuperJon
February 19th, 2008, 06:05 PM
The second one might deserve a yellow, simply because he was one of the last defenders. The first one didn't deserve a yellow.

Grizalltheway
February 20th, 2008, 06:50 AM
As it stands now…

Crouch was brought in the 64th minute, but it might be too late…if Liverpool doesn’t win today, they will be eliminated when they play in Italy. xrulesx

FC Porto is playing without Boswinga today…but if they can hold Schalke to one goal today and dominate the pitch like they have today, then they should be able to score a couple in Porto next match. xnodx

Roma is up 2-1 on RM!! WTF xeekx

Chelsea seems dead set on a draw, they are playing extremely conservative today. xcoffeex

Just today? They're one of the most boring teams in the world to watch. xsmhx

bandl
February 20th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Just today? They're one of the most boring teams in the world to watch. xsmhx

Very true...which baffles me because they have some of the most electrifying players in the world...Drogba, Essien, Shevchenko, Ballack (well maybe not anymore), Ashley Cole, Joe Cole, etc... :(

Wonder how far ahead they'd be in the EPL if Mourinho was still there? xconfusedx

bandl
February 20th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Today's matches

My picks in Bold

Celtic - Barcelona - could go either way, Barca has been much less than stellar recently, only scoring more than 1 gaol once in their past 8 matches
Lyon - Man. United
Fenerbahçe - Sevilla
Arsenal - Milan - can the Gunners recover after getting their asses whooped in the FA Cup last week? xconfusedx

Dane96
February 20th, 2008, 09:50 AM
bandl....don't mess with my Sevilla boys!

Sevilla has been on fire of late...and should dispatch fenerbahce. 2-1 Sevilla.

ISUMatt
February 20th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Arsenal will recover today!

ISUMatt
February 20th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Toure out in the 5th minutes with a leg injury...Senderos on

ISUMatt
February 20th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Celtic 2-1 Barcelona
Fenerbahce 1-1 FC Sevilla
Arsenal 0-0 AC Milan
Lyon 0-0 Man U

-all games thru 40th minute

bandl
February 20th, 2008, 03:04 PM
bandl....don't mess with my Sevilla boys!

Sevilla has been on fire of late...and should dispatch fenerbahce. 2-1 Sevilla.

If it wasn't for Edu's OG, Sevilla would be down 2-0 to Fenerbahce right now... xcoolx

bandl
February 20th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Celtic 2-1 Barcelona
Fenerbahce 1-1 FC Sevilla
Arsenal 0-0 AC Milan
Lyon 0-0 Man U

-all games thru 40th minute

I knew Celtic would make a good game out of it! xnodx
tied up 2-2 now though

Peems
February 20th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Still 0-0 between AC Milan and Arsenal

bandl
February 20th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Lyon is up 1-0 over Man. U. WTF xeyebrowx ...English team losing to a French team. Hell yeah though!

blur2005
February 21st, 2008, 11:38 AM
Typical Tevez. Scores a late goal to salvage a tie, kind of like he did against Tottenham a couple weeks ago.

TheValleyRaider
February 21st, 2008, 03:05 PM
On the one hand, Arsenal can feel good about keeping Milan off the scoreboard in London. The Rossoneri now must win outright at the San Siro to advance.

On the other hand, the Gunners missed one or two great opportunities to score, and got nothing to show for being the better team on the pitch. They must score in Milan to put the pressure on the Holders. Every goal Arsenal puts on the board means an extra goal Milan needs

Blue Hen Nation
February 22nd, 2008, 02:15 PM
How bout those Reds giving it to highly lauded Inter.

bandl
February 22nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
How bout those no-names giving it to the highly lauded Liverpo0l.

Fixed it for ya
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

http://u-reds.com/images/logos/barnsley200x200.gif

Blue Hen Nation
February 22nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
Typical of Liverpool to scratch the FA and Prem for a run at the Champions League cup. I watched the whole game and figured it was going to a re-play before Howard embarassed Itandje (i.e., near post) in the 93rd. How that all unfolded I'll never know?

bandl
February 22nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
Typical of Liverpool to scratch the FA and Prem for a run at the Champions League cup. I watched the whole game and figured it was going to a re-play before Howard embarassed Itandje (i.e., near post) in the 93rd. How that all unfolded I'll never know?

Honest question....as a Reds fan, which would you prefer?

I'm generally not a EPL fan (I prefer the Dutch and Portuguese leagues), but I do appreciate the EPL. I think that I would always prefer the CL, then the league title, then any of the cups. To me, the CL is the best of the best. Even the UEFA Cup IMO is generally a second-rate competition until the last few rounds.

Blue Hen Nation
February 22nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
Given that Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005, I would love to see them shift gears and make a legitimate run at the Prem; however, I don't see it happening in the next three to five years. ManU and Arsenal are young and have many successful years ahead of them.

Que Sera Sera was ment to be, its gonna be.

bandl
March 4th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Second match of the first knockout round starts today.

Today's match-up/Aggregate
My picks in bold

Celtic - Barcelona 2-3
Lyon - Man. United 1-1
Fenerbahçe - Sevilla 3-2
Arsenal - Milan 0-0

Peems
March 4th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Many white people will tell you that they are very into soccer. But be careful, it’s a trap.

If you then attempt to engage them about your favorite soccer team or talk about famous moments in soccer history, you are likely to be met with blank stares. This is because white people don’t actually enjoy watching soccer, they just like telling their friends that they are into it.

In fact, the main reason white people like soccer is so they can buy a new scarf. As you may or may not know, many soccer teams issue special scarves, and white people cannot get enough of them!

Most white people choose a favorite soccer team based on either a study abroad experience or a particularly long vacation to Europe or South America. When they return, they like to tell their friends about how great “football” is and that they are committed to ‘getting more into’ now that they have returned home.

Some white people take this charade so far as to actually play in adult soccer leagues or attend a local professional match.

The best method for exploiting this is to ask a white person who their favorite football team is and how they came to be fans. This will allow them to tell you about their time abroad and feel as though they have impressed you with their knowledge. Once they have finished talking, it is acceptable to ask for favors.

Note: Europeans are actually into Soccer and are exempt from this entry, however they are free to use it to their advantage when in North America.

Too true xlolx. I won't be able to watch the games today but the post above is hilarious. You know where it's from xnodx

bandl
March 4th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Many white people will tell you that they are very into soccer. But be careful, it’s a trap.

If you then attempt to engage them about your favorite soccer team or talk about famous moments in soccer history, you are likely to be met with blank stares. This is because white people don’t actually enjoy watching soccer, they just like telling their friends that they are into it.

In fact, the main reason white people like soccer is so they can buy a new scarf. As you may or may not know, many soccer teams issue special scarves, and white people cannot get enough of them!

Most white people choose a favorite soccer team based on either a study abroad experience or a particularly long vacation to Europe or South America. When they return, they like to tell their friends about how great “football” is and that they are committed to ‘getting more into’ now that they have returned home.

Some white people take this charade so far as to actually play in adult soccer leagues or attend a local professional match.

The best method for exploiting this is to ask a white person who their favorite football team is and how they came to be fans. This will allow them to tell you about their time abroad and feel as though they have impressed you with their knowledge. Once they have finished talking, it is acceptable to ask for favors.

Note: Europeans are actually into Soccer and are exempt from this entry, however they are free to use it to their advantage when in North America.

Too true xlolx. I won't be able to watch the games today but the post above is hilarious. You know where it's from xnodx

That is so true!! xlolx xnodx

While I played soccer most of my life, and I always did my best to keep up with European soccer, I certainly wasn't quite as avid as I am now. It wasn't until after I had seen matches in Portugal and Holland that I really became a fanatic. xthumbsupx

BTW, at halftime
Milan-Arsenal 0-0
Sevilla-Fenerbahce 3-1
Barca-Celtic - 2-1
Man U-Lyon - 1-0

TheValleyRaider
March 4th, 2008, 03:57 PM
ARSENAL WINS IN THE SAN SIRO!

First English side ever to beat AC Milan there xhurrayx xhurrayx

Fabregas about 10 minutes from time with a low blast from halfway past midfield, then Adebayor finished off a pass across the box from Walcott

What a match! xnodx

blur2005
March 4th, 2008, 06:55 PM

Fortunately, I do not fit this stereotype at all.

On the CL, I watched the Sevilla game here and was really surprised Fenerbahce managed to pull it off. Sevilla was definitely the better team throughout the game but the Turkish side's keeper was money in PKs.

Grizalltheway
March 5th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Looks like there were some sweet matches last night, too bad none of them were on Austrian TV. xmadx At least Real-Roma will be on ORF tonight. xrotatehx

bandl
March 5th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Fortunately, I do not fit this stereotype at all.
On the CL, I watched the Sevilla game here and was really surprised Fenerbahce managed to pull it off. Sevilla was definitely the better team throughout the game but the Turkish side's keeper was money in PKs.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

haha...sure you don't! You're young though, so of COURSE you won't admit it yet! Give it a few years.

BTW, where were you born/raised?

cue the defensive remarks.................NOW!!!

Peems
March 6th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I definitely fit the soccer one. Though the way I picked my team was through FIFA 07!!! xlolx

bandl
March 6th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I definitely fit the soccer one. Though the way I picked my team was through FIFA 07!!! xlolx

FIFA 07 rocks! I am currently in the process of taking a chump 1.5 star club as a manager from the lowliest english league to the EPL. Right now I'm a 3.5 star club and I'm leading the Football League Championship (2nd tier english league) and will be promoted to the EPL soon, where I will be pummeled week-in and week-out only to be relegated! xnodx xsmhx

Peems
March 6th, 2008, 12:41 PM
FIFA 07 rocks! I am currently in the process of taking a chump 1.5 star club as a manager from the lowliest english league to the EPL. Right now I'm a 3.5 star club and I'm leading the Football League Championship (2nd tier english league) and will be promoted to the EPL soon, where I will be pummeled week-in and week-out only to be relegated! xnodx xsmhx

Just keep buying those points and soon you can make the lowliest player the next Henry!

Grizalltheway
March 6th, 2008, 01:52 PM

If you like that, try fifa 08. The gameplay is much improved. xnodx

As a side note, Bayern just destroyed Anderlecht, 5-0. xwhistlex

Grizalltheway
April 1st, 2008, 08:20 AM
Schalke v. Barcelona and Manure v Roma on tap tonight. I expect Man U to fair pretty well against Roma (Ronaldo is playing out of his mind at the moment) and we'll see what little (compared to Barca) Schalke can do. xnodx

bandl
April 1st, 2008, 08:24 AM
Schalke v. Barcelona and Manure v Roma on tap tonight. I expect Man U to fair pretty well against Roma (Ronaldo is playing out of his mind at the moment) and we'll see what little (compared to Barca) Schalke can do. xnodx

Totti is out against Man U....so they're f&cked.

and Barca is without Messi, Deco and possibly Eto'o and Ronaldinho! xeekx They could be out of commission even before the second match!

TheValleyRaider
April 1st, 2008, 04:57 PM
Finals from ESPN Soccernet:

Roma 0-2 Man Utd (Ronaldo 39', Rooney 66')
Schalke 0-1 Barcelona (Krkic 12')

Going home, both winners look good for a huge Semifinal

Blue Hen Nation
April 2nd, 2008, 08:53 AM
Chelsea should make easy work of Fennerbahce today. Liverpool will beat Arsenal 2 - 0. Arsenal has been in poor form of late and won't be able to tame Torres.

Grizalltheway
April 2nd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Chelsea should make easy work of Fennerbahce today. Liverpool will beat Arsenal 2 - 0. Arsenal has been in poor form of late and won't be able to tame Torres.

Well Liverpool may yet win, but it won't be 2-0. xrulesx

bandl
April 2nd, 2008, 02:43 PM
Well Liverpool may yet win, but it won't be 2-0. xrulesx

SSSHHHHH.....don't tell him that the Gunners scored first... ;)

ISUMatt
April 2nd, 2008, 02:49 PM
1-1 @ half

bandl
April 2nd, 2008, 03:37 PM

3 goals have been scored in the Chelsea/Fenerbahce match...none by a Chelsea player.... xeyebrowx

The Gunners tied the Reds up 1-1... xeyebrowx

TheValleyRaider
April 2nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
3 goals have been scored in the Chelsea/Fenerbahce match...none by a Chelsea player.... xeyebrowx

The Gunners tied the Reds up 1-1... xeyebrowx

1-1 Arsenal going up to Anfield

Arsenal's picked up some big wins in recent Champions League matches at the Bernabeu and the San Siro (first English side to do so in both places :D), what's a trip to the Merseyside? :D xsmiley_wix

Peems
April 2nd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Totti is out against Man U....so they're f&cked.

and Barca is without Messi, Deco and possibly Eto'o and Ronaldinho! xeekx They could be out of commission even before the second match!

All you need is

http://soccerlens.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/henry-barcelona.jpg

mcveyrl
April 8th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Today's definitely the more exciting of the next two.

We know at least one English side will go out, but The Blues aren't looking so hot either...

bandl
April 8th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Today's definitely the more exciting of the next two.

We know at least one English side will go out, but The Blues aren't looking so hot either...

Let's go Fenerbahce and Arsenal!!! xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
April 8th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Let's go Fenerbahce and Arsenal!!! xthumbsupx

Second that. I'm sick of Liverpool dogging it in the Premier League just so they can win the CL. xnodx

Grizalltheway
April 8th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Great goal from the Gunners, ahead 2-1 on aggregate. xpopcornx

mcveyrl
April 8th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Second that. I'm sick of Liverpool dogging it in the Premier League just so they can win the CL. xnodx

It looks like whoever loses that one is out of any kind of championship (PL or CL) this year.

BTW, Chelsea evens it up with a goal from Ballack at the 4 minute mark. That'll be enough.

Grizalltheway
April 8th, 2008, 02:12 PM
It looks like whoever loses that one is out of any kind of championship (PL or CL) this year.

BTW, Chelsea evens it up with a goal from Ballack at the 4 minute mark. That'll be enough.

I'm not familiar with this name, but he sounds like traitorous scum. xcoolx

mcveyrl
April 8th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I'm not familiar with this name, but he sounds like traitorous scum. xcoolx

Those are relative terms...:D

bandl
April 8th, 2008, 02:14 PM

Why will that be enough??? That's the first goal Chelsea has scored this round, and all Fenerbahce has to do is outscore them by 1... xconfusedx

mcveyrl
April 8th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Why will that be enough??? That's the first goal Chelsea has scored this round, and all Fenerbahce has to do is outscore them by 1... xconfusedx

I'm saying if it holds. It'll be even, but Chelsea wins on the away goal, right?

Grizalltheway
April 8th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Amazing header by Sami Hyypia. This is turning into a real barn-burner. xnodx

bandl
April 8th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I'm saying if it holds. It'll be even, but Chelsea wins on the away goal, right?

Got it....if it holds. Yeah, they win on the away goal. But even if it's an own-goal?? :p

mcveyrl
April 8th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Got it....if it holds. Yeah, they win on the away goal. But even if it's an own-goal?? :p

At this point I'm sure they'll take what they can get...

bandl
April 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
You know....on paper, Chelsea should be, by far, the best club in the world and should win every trophy. A Cole, J Cole, Essien, Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Carvahlo, Kalou...plus two chumps by the names of Shevchenko and Alex on the bench. xcoolx

What's up with that???? xconfusedx

Grizalltheway
April 8th, 2008, 02:34 PM
You know....on paper, Chelsea should be, by far, the best club in the world and should win every trophy. A Cole, J Cole, Essien, Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Carvahlo, Kalou...plus two chumps by the names of Shevchenko and Alex on the bench. xcoolx

What's up with that???? xconfusedx

They're the Yankees of soccer.

bandl
April 8th, 2008, 02:43 PM
They're the Yankees of soccer.

BOOYAH BIATCHES!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx

mcveyrl
April 8th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Man, both these games are looking good...

Wish I wasn't just watching the MSN ticker...xbawlingx

bandl
April 8th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Man, both these games are looking good...

Wish I wasn't just watching the MSN ticker...xbawlingx

if you're at a computer, www.uefa.com

mcveyrl
April 8th, 2008, 03:11 PM
if you're at a computer, www.uefa.com

Yea, not at a point where I could really watch. I didn't even DVR the Liverpool-Arsenal game. At least if I had done that I could avoid this thread and watch it later.

mcveyrl
April 8th, 2008, 03:27 PM
SON OF A DEUCE! Why didn't I record this thing!!!????

mcveyrl
April 8th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Wow.

Just....

Wow.

BTW: I've switched to the ESPN Gamecase which is much better...getting zero work done now.

Grizalltheway
April 8th, 2008, 03:31 PM
What a joke of a penalty call. That ref should be ashamed of himself. xsmhx

bandl
April 8th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Well those games are settled. xsmhx xsmhx

Damn Swedes...

mcveyrl
April 8th, 2008, 03:33 PM

Commentary on Gamecast said it was a pretty cheap call.

Grizalltheway
April 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Commentary on Gamecast said it was a pretty cheap call.

Incidental contact and the Liverpool player went straight to ground. ****in' Liverpool. xbangx xbangx

mcveyrl
April 8th, 2008, 03:40 PM
There goes my dream scenario where Barca beats Arsenal on Henry's hat trick...

SuperJon
April 8th, 2008, 03:45 PM
It was a 50/50 call on the penalty. I've seen it called and I've seen it not called.

Adebayour missed an easy opportunity in the 2nd half that could've put the game away for Arsenal.

Walk on with hope in your heart.

TheValleyRaider
April 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM

And after they completely missed the call at the end of the 1st leg that could very well have made it 2-1 Arsenal going North

I know that's football (as the saying goes), but the Gunners are xpissedx and they have every right, that's for sure xmadx

Blue Hen Nation
April 8th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Boys, it's that time again.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_eBOpLP_g

xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

Blue Hen Nation
April 8th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Now it's time for Schalke and Roma to play catch up.

Grizalltheway
April 22nd, 2008, 08:28 AM
Another snore fest on tap tonight, Liverpool vs. Chelsea at Anfield. Boooo 3 English teams in the semi-finals. xmadx

Blue Hen Nation
April 22nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
Another snore fest on tap tonight, Liverpool vs. Chelsea at Anfield. Boooo 3 English teams in the semi-finals. xmadx

I agree, this match has the makings to be colossal bore. With that said, my prediction is Liverpool 2-1. Goals by Torres and Babel.

Blue Hen Nation
April 22nd, 2008, 01:54 PM
THE LINE-UPS

Liverpool: Reina, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Kuyt, Babel, Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Torres.

Subs: Itandje, Hyypia, Riise, Benayoun, Crouch, Pennant, Lucas.

Chelsea: Cech, Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, A Cole, Lampard, Makelele, Ballack, J Cole, Drogba, Malouda.

Subs: Hilario, Shevchenko, Obi, Kalou, Alex, Belletti, Anelka.

Blue Hen Nation
April 22nd, 2008, 02:15 PM
It's been a decent first half of football (so far).

Grizalltheway
April 22nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
It's been a decent first half of football (so far).

Agreed. A little cagey, but a huge improvement over '05.

Blue Hen Nation
April 22nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
Goal Kuyt

Grizalltheway
April 22nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
Yikes. I'd call Chelsea the Buffalo Bills of the CL, but they haven't even made it to the final yet. xlolx

Blue Hen Nation
April 22nd, 2008, 02:48 PM
Grant's coaching future relies on a Champions League trophy.

Reed Rothchild
April 22nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
Do they carry EVERY player off in a stretcher when they go down???

Blue Hen Nation
April 22nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
Do they carry EVERY player off in a stretcher when they go down???

In Europe, just the Italians and the Portuguese lol.

Grizalltheway
April 22nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
In Europe, just the Italians and the Portuguese lol.

And Drogba. xnodx

Blue Hen Nation
April 22nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
IMO Liverpool needs two goals going to Stamford Bridge. xnodx

Dane96
April 22nd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Good g-d...I am going to go kill myself right now.

Blue Hen Nation
April 22nd, 2008, 03:38 PM
Damn Norwegians - argh!

Grizalltheway
April 22nd, 2008, 03:39 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx Gotta love own goals! xnodx xnodx

Blue Hen Nation
April 22nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
Not a good result leading up to play at Stamford Bridge. Things are looking grim for Liverpool.

Grizalltheway
April 22nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Not a good result leading up to play at Stamford Bridge. Things are looking grim for Liverpool.

Grim indeed. Methinks Chelsea will go back to playing "Mourhino ball" next week and do everything possible to shut Liverpool's attack down. Should be interesting to see.

SuperJon
April 22nd, 2008, 09:14 PM

Thought the same thing.

TheValleyRaider
April 22nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Grim indeed. Methinks Chelsea will go back to playing "Mourhino ball" next week and do everything possible to shut Liverpool's attack down. Should be interesting to see.

Just don't let the Reds into the box. Trust me.... xmadx xoopsx xwhistlex

Grizalltheway
April 23rd, 2008, 07:07 AM
Just don't let the Reds into the box. Trust me.... xmadx xoopsx xwhistlex

xnodx xnodx Arsenal got screwed in that game.

Blue Hen Nation
April 23rd, 2008, 08:09 AM
Another big one today boys. Considering Barca's poor peformance of late, I'll take The Reds 1-0.

ISUMatt
April 23rd, 2008, 08:31 AM
hmmm I think Barca walks away with a 1-1 draw

Blue Hen Nation
April 23rd, 2008, 08:57 AM
Here's the latest on the leading scorers in the Champions League

Cristiano Ronaldo 7 Man. United
Steven Gerrard 6 Liverpool
Lionel Messi 6 Barcelona
Raúl González 5 Real Madrid
Dirk Kuyt 5 Liverpool
Fernando Torres 5 Liverpool
Zlatan Ibrahimović 5 Internazionale
Deivid 5 Fenerbahçe
Frédéric Kanouté 5 Sevilla
Luis Fabiano 4 Sevilla

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/statistics/players/typestat=gs/index.html

Grizalltheway
April 23rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
I have to go to some dumbazz play tonight instead of watching this potentially great game. I am not a happy camper. xflamemadx xflamemadx

bandl
April 23rd, 2008, 09:14 AM
I have to go to some dumbazz play tonight instead of watching this potentially great game. I am not a happy camper. xflamemadx xflamemadx

I didn't know you had a boyfriend....not that that's a bad thing....but congrats! :)

TheValleyRaider
April 23rd, 2008, 09:15 AM
xnodx xnodx Arsenal got screwed in that tie.

Fixed it

Bad penalty calls at the end of both games xnonono2x

Blue Hen Nation
April 23rd, 2008, 09:18 AM

Clearly you're being punished for something.

TheValleyRaider
April 23rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
Back when I was in London in '06, I had to go to a play instead of getting to watch the first leg of Arsenal-Juventus. Needless to say, not thrilled, but as it turned out, the Tube route I took back to my flat went partway along the line that connects to Arsenal stop (where the stadium is), so afterwards, I got to sit amongst the happy Gunner masses after their 2-0 victory. The point I think I'm trying to make is that perhaps there will be some other way you'll experience the game than just getting to see it xthumbsupx

Of course, it would probably help to be in either England/Spain, and not Germany in this instance xchinscratchx

Grizalltheway
April 23rd, 2008, 09:36 AM
I didn't know you had a boyfriend....not that that's a bad thing....but congrats! :)

It's for a class, smartazz. xrulesx xmadx And no, it's not "how to please your boyfriend 101". xnonox

Blue Hen Nation
April 23rd, 2008, 09:38 AM
He got a rep point for that one lol. xlolx

Grizalltheway
April 23rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Back when I was in London in '06, I had to go to a play instead of getting to watch the first leg of Arsenal-Juventus. Needless to say, not thrilled, but as it turned out, the Tube route I took back to my flat went partway along the line that connects to Arsenal stop (where the stadium is), so afterwards, I got to sit amongst the happy Gunner masses after their 2-0 victory. The point I think I'm trying to make is that perhaps there will be some other way you'll experience the game than just getting to see it xthumbsupx

Of course, it would probably help to be in either England/Spain, and not Germany in this instance xchinscratchx

Or Austria. Soccer here is just something to keep people occupied between ski seasons. xreadx

Grizalltheway
April 23rd, 2008, 10:43 AM

BTW, having read the play, it looks like there's a good chance there'll be some frontal (female) nudity. I'll keep my fingers crossed.xnodx

Blue Hen Nation
April 23rd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Vidic is out of the line up due to a stomach illness. Thierry Henry and Bojan benched - wow!

Blue Hen Nation
April 23rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
Gonna be a good one.

Blue Hen Nation
April 23rd, 2008, 01:55 PM
dup post....sorry

mcveyrl
April 24th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Who else cheered with much applause when the "world's greatest" missed the PK???

By the way...missed it by a mile!!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Grizalltheway
April 24th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Who else cheered with much applause when the "world's greatest" missed the PK???

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Just watched the highlights...that was Beckham style!! xlolx

Blue Hen Nation
April 24th, 2008, 10:14 AM
The way ManU played, they desrved to lose that game.

Grizalltheway
April 24th, 2008, 10:24 AM

Given the fact that they are ManU, they deserve to lose every game. xnodx

Blue Hen Nation
April 24th, 2008, 11:05 AM
No arguements from this camp

mcveyrl
April 24th, 2008, 11:33 AM

I think possession was 65-35 and shots were approximately 18-6.

Ridiculous. Barca will be kicking themselves if they don't pull it out in the second leg.

SuperJon
April 25th, 2008, 10:53 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx

It was a big game. Did you really expect him to show up?

Grizalltheway
April 25th, 2008, 11:27 AM
It was a big game. Did you really expect him to show up?

No, but I did expect him to cry after he missed that. xlolx

bandl
April 25th, 2008, 11:28 AM
No, but I did expect him to cry after he missed that. xlolx

Then his mascara would have run...the horror, the HORROR!!!!! xwhistlex

mcveyrl
April 25th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Then his mascara would have run...the horror, the HORROR!!!!! xwhistlex

A buddy of mine who has a ridiculous temper is a HUGE Man U. fan (he's not gay, I don't know what his problem is). I would have loved to have heard his reaction. Instead I just called him laughing!!

Blue Hen Nation
April 25th, 2008, 02:13 PM
It's not fair coach....whimper.....whimper.

Grizalltheway
April 26th, 2008, 03:19 AM
It's not fair coach....whimper.....whimper.

xlmaox

Man, I can't wait to watch the Euro this summer. xpopcornx

Blue Hen Nation
April 29th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Predictions going into the matches.....

Today
ManU 1
Barca 0

Tomorrow
Chelscum 2
Liverpool 1

mcveyrl
April 29th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Predictions going into the matches.....

Today
ManU 1
Barca 0

Tomorrow
Chelscum 2
Liverpool 1

I'm actually recording today's match so that I can watch it with my father-in-law and wife, so I will not be participating in today's forum.

Go Barca!!

Blue Hen Nation
April 29th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Rooney and Vidic "riding the pine" with injuries.

Blue Hen Nation
April 29th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Goal ManU

An amazing half-volley into the top corner from P. Scholes in the 14 minute

bandl
April 29th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Why is Henry sitting for Barca? Fresh legs for the second half?

Blue Hen Nation
April 29th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Why is Henry sitting for Barca? Fresh legs for the second half?

He's not happy about playing in Spain and management knows it. In fact, he's made it public that he wants to return to London to play ball so he can be closer to his daughter. Can't blame the guy for that right?

bandl
April 29th, 2008, 02:37 PM
He's not happy about playing in Spain and management knows it. In fact, he's made it public that he wants to return to London to play ball so he can be closer to his daughter. Can't blame the guy for that right?

I knew he wasn't happy, but *****...you put a player like that in for a CL semi-final, and you worry about the cry-baby drama later.

Blue Hen Nation
April 29th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Apparently his emotional state has been described as sulking. I guess he's paying the price.

Blue Hen Nation
April 29th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Here comes your boy bandl

bandl
April 29th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Here comes your boy bandl

He's not my boy! xsmhx He's french, f@ck him! And f@ck Barca! xlolx xlolx

Just curious, that's all... ;)

Blue Hen Nation
April 29th, 2008, 03:12 PM
He's not my boy! xsmhx He's french, f@ck him! And f@ck Barca! xlolx xlolx

Just bi-curious, that's all... ;)

I corrected it for you

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

bandl
April 29th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I corrected it for you

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I'm gonna bi-kick your a$$ xmadx

;)

Blue Hen Nation
April 29th, 2008, 03:16 PM
This game is going to be sick in the last 10 minutes.

bandl
April 29th, 2008, 03:17 PM
This game is going to be sick in the last 10 minutes.

Sure are enough yellow cards, 5 in the last 20 minutes.

Blue Hen Nation
April 29th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Great, another prolonged ET. How is it that 3 minutes in ET turns into 4 or 5?

UNHWildCats
April 29th, 2008, 03:41 PM
http://www.persiangraphic.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/persiangraphic_manchester-united-wallpaper-800x600.jpg

UNHWildCats
April 29th, 2008, 03:41 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/GB/DU0008~Manchester-United-Badge-Special-Edition-Foil-Posters.jpg

Blue Hen Nation
April 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM
It's an all English final.

Blue Hen Nation
April 29th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Props to Paul Scholes for a gorgeous strike in the 14th.

Grizalltheway
April 30th, 2008, 10:41 AM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/GB/DU0008~Manchester-United-Badge-Special-Edition-Foil-Posters.jpg

Nice to see you've popped up now that they've made the final. xrolleyesx Don't get your hopes up, they've been cursed ever since they beat Bayern on an offside goal. xrulesx

mcveyrl
April 30th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Nice to see you've popped up now that they've made the final. xrolleyesx Don't get your hopes up, they've been cursed ever since they beat Bayern on an offside goal. xrulesx

I was thinking the same thing.

BTW, Barca blew that game more than Man U. won it. A couple of times I couldn't believe how bad they hosed it up. Messi is the Allen Iverson of European football.

Blue Hen Nation
April 30th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Stamford Bridge is falling down,
Falling down,
Falling down,
Oh ohh Chelsea!

Build it up in Liverpool Red,
Liverpool Red,
Liverpool Red,
Oh ohh Chelsea!

T-Dog
April 30th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Well...after the stinking Blues got lucky at Anfield, it's time for Rafa to unleash all hell at Stamford Bridge and get an elusive victory there and send the home side crying after knocking them out of the semis for the third time in five years.

GO LIVERPOOL!

Blue Hen Nation
April 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Luv it!

Grizalltheway
April 30th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

BTW, Barca blew that game more than Man U. won it. A couple of times I couldn't believe how bad they hosed it up. Messi is the Allen Iverson of European football.

xnodx Zambrotta handed Scholes that goal on a silver platter. It was well taken, but he didn't have to do any work to set it up.

Grizalltheway
April 30th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Falling down,
Falling down,
Oh ohh Chelsea!

Liverpool Red,
Liverpool Red,
Oh ohh Chelsea!

The reds don't have a snowballs' chance in hell. Book it. xcoffeex

Blue Hen Nation
April 30th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I agree it's difficult, but LFC has a history of out-performing their competition in Champions League games. For some reason, they seem to rise to the occasion when it truly counts.

mcveyrl
April 30th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks to the own goal, my prediction is:

Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool

Possession will be 80-20 in favor of Liverpool.

BTW, does anyone feel like the current election.

John McCain (Man U.) has won one nomination, Hillary (Chelsea...xsmiley_wix ) and Obama (Liverpool) are tied going into the home stretch, but either way its going to be two politicans (two EPL teams) that you would just assume see lose it all.

I'm depressed.

mcveyrl
April 30th, 2008, 02:56 PM

Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool

Wow, was I wrong. I'm just following the GameCast and it seems like Chelsea is attacking pretty hard, even after Drogba's goal.

T-Dog
April 30th, 2008, 03:08 PM
THANK YOU TORRES! LIVERPOOL HAS SCORED AT STAMFORD BRIDGE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN GOD-KNOWS HOW LONG!

1-1! WE GOT THE AWAY GOAL!

Now get another one damnit!

mcveyrl
April 30th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Whenever I get two goals scored on me in extra time in FIFA '08, I can no longer say "F That!! That never happens!"

T-Dog
April 30th, 2008, 04:13 PM
....dang...

blur2005
April 30th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Well, looks like two very important competitions comes down to Chelsea vs. Manchester United.

Hopefully, Man U will be victorious in both the Premier League and the Champions League as I enjoy watching Chelsea fail.

TheValleyRaider
April 30th, 2008, 05:00 PM

Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool

BTW, does anyone feel like the current election.

John McCain (Man U.) has won one nomination, Hillary (Chelsea...xsmiley_wix ) and Obama (Liverpool) are tied going into the home stretch, but either way its going to be two politicans (two EPL teams) that you would just assume see lose it all.

I'm depressed.

It's not that it was 3 EPL teams, it's that the wrong one is missing....

bandl
May 20th, 2008, 11:49 AM
BUMP

Manchester United vs. Chelsea

Who will win? xeyebrowx

But the REAL questions are...:

How many English hooligans will be arrested in Moscow?? xeyebrowx

How many English hooligans deaths will there be in Moscow?? xeyebrowx

How many English hooligans will lose their ticket stub, thus lose their VISA to leave Russia?? xeyebrowx

UNHWildCats
May 20th, 2008, 11:50 AM
BUMP

Who will win? xeyebrowx

How many English hooligans will lose their ticket stub, thus lose their VISA to leave Russia?? xeyebrowx
is it today or tomorrow...? Man U wins :p

Peems
May 20th, 2008, 12:35 PM

It's the 22nd. You bandwagoner!!!!:p

Grizalltheway
May 20th, 2008, 12:48 PM

Tomorrow, which is the 21st. xreadx

bandl
May 20th, 2008, 12:51 PM

Uhhhhh............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm xeyebrowx

Yeah, that's it....it is the 22nd!!! xthumbsupx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Grizalltheway
May 20th, 2008, 02:07 PM
BUMP

Who will win? xeyebrowx

Chelsea will win 2-1 in extra time through a 25-yard cracker from Ballack.

47 English hooligans will be arrested.

1 drunken English hooligan will fall off of a ledge and die.

16 of them will lose their stubs and be sent to the Gulag.

bandl
May 21st, 2008, 07:58 AM

Hey UNHW, did you see the game last night?? xconfusedx Sorry about your boys... :(

Blue Hen Nation
May 21st, 2008, 10:04 AM
Who will win?
I'll go against the odds and say Chelscum

How many English hooligans will be arrested in Moscow??
55 arrests - mainly Chelscum Headhunters

How many English hooligans deaths will there be in Moscow??

How many English hooligans will lose their ticket stub, thus lose their VISA to leave Russia??
278 - mostly due to excessive drinking

TheValleyRaider
May 21st, 2008, 10:51 AM
Who will win?
Chelsea

Depends how many the Russians are able to keep out of Moscow

None, these are English fans, not Italians

How many English hooligans will lose their ticket stub, thus lose their VISA to leave Russia??
I'm still shocked Russia is allowing that much...

SuperJon
May 21st, 2008, 11:14 AM
The real question is will Ronaldo actually show up? He has a habit of disappearing in big games.

bandl
May 21st, 2008, 11:16 AM
Who will win?
Chelsea

Depends how many the Russians are able to keep out of Moscow

None, these are English fans, not Italians

I'm still shocked Russia is allowing that much...

Or Liverpool fans...don't forget about the 39 deaths that the Liverpool fans caused in Belgium in 1985....or the 93 deaths in Sheffield in 1989 in a match between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.... xnonono2x xnonono2x

bandl
May 21st, 2008, 11:17 AM
The real question is will Ronaldo actually show up? He has a habit of disappearing in big games.

Well since he is going to Real Madrid after this match, he probably doesn't care about Man U anymore! :D xlolx

bandl
May 21st, 2008, 11:22 AM
Turns out the English fans might not even get a chance to drink any alcohol or cause any sort of ruckus...

"Those coming just for the match will be ferried directly from the airport to holding pens near the stadium - one for Manchester United fans, one for Chelsea fans - which will have just one entrance, no alcohol and be guarded by armed police.

They will be kept there until the stadium opens, which could be anything up to ten hours for early arrivals, then bussed into the stadium.

At the final whistle, they will be ferried directly to the airport."

And if they do cause trouble, they could end up here...

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/moscowjailDM1905_468x307.jpg
"Butyrka - the name alone makes ordinary Russians shudder - is a grim fortress prison, built by the tsars to house their enemies.

This picture shows the inside of a cell at the rat-infested, overcrowded and disease-ridden remand prison where Chelsea and Manchester United supporters could be held if they get on the wrong side of the Russian police.

The cells were designed to hold 20 inmates in spartan conditions.
Some now hold as many as 80, making it is so sweltering in summer that inmates strip almost naked to survive the suffocating humidity."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-567385/English-football-fans-beware--step-line-Moscow-rat-infested-hellhole-awaits.html

Blue Hen Nation
May 21st, 2008, 11:50 AM
Or Liverpool fans...don't forget about the 39 deaths that the Liverpool fans caused in Belgium in 1985....or the 93 deaths in Sheffield in 1989 in a match between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.... xnonono2x xnonono2x

delete

Blue Hen Nation
May 21st, 2008, 11:52 AM
The Hillsborough Disaster which killed 96 Liverpool fans was a result of poor policing and barricading - an accepted fact.

The Heysel Stadium Disaster was a result of Juve and LFC supporters going at one another rather hard before LFC fans made the charge. It could’ve been avoided through the proper segregation of of the fan bases.

SuperJon
May 21st, 2008, 11:59 AM

Are you really bringing up Hillsborough? That's the ultimate douchebag slap in the face if I've ever seen one. That wasn't Liverpool's fault by any means. If the police and game ops had any clue what they were doing it would've been avoided.

Franks Tanks
May 21st, 2008, 12:12 PM
Turns out the English fans might not even get a chance to drink any alcohol or cause any sort of ruckus...

"Those coming just for the match will be ferried directly from the airport to holding pens near the stadium - one for Manchester United fans, one for Chelsea fans - which will have just one entrance, no alcohol and be guarded by armed police.

They will be kept there until the stadium opens, which could be anything up to ten hours for early arrivals, then bussed into the stadium.

At the final whistle, they will be ferried directly to the airport."

And if they do cause trouble, they could end up here...

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/moscowjailDM1905_468x307.jpg
"Butyrka - the name alone makes ordinary Russians shudder - is a grim fortress prison, built by the tsars to house their enemies.

This picture shows the inside of a cell at the rat-infested, overcrowded and disease-ridden remand prison where Chelsea and Manchester United supporters could be held if they get on the wrong side of the Russian police.

The cells were designed to hold 20 inmates in spartan conditions.
Some now hold as many as 80, making it is so sweltering in summer that inmates strip almost naked to survive the suffocating humidity."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-567385/English-football-fans-beware--step-line-Moscow-rat-infested-hellhole-awaits.html

That is disturbing. Why the hell are they having the final is Moscow? Sorry I dont know very much about soccer.

andy7171
May 21st, 2008, 12:19 PM
That is disturbing. Why the hell are they having the final is Moscow? Sorry I dont know very much about soccer.

Because soccer fans are all communists! :D

j/k

TheValleyRaider
May 21st, 2008, 12:36 PM
The Hillsborough Disaster which killed 96 Liverpool fans was a result of poor policing and barricading - an accepted fact.

The Heysel Stadium Disaster was a result of Juve and LFC supporters going at one another rather hard before LFC fans made the charge. It could’ve been avoided through the proper segregation of of the fan bases.

Are you really bringing up Hillsborough? That's the ultimate douchebag slap in the face if I've ever seen one. That wasn't Liverpool's fault by any means. If the police and game ops had any clue what they were doing it would've been avoided.

Typical response from the Continent. Remember that 20 years ago English fans were part of a problem, despite the fact that that's all they can call on. England has cracked down on hooliganism to a degree most of Europe would consider exemplary, while Spanish fans light fires in the stands and Italian fans and police still die in riots. But no, hooligans are an English problem

They're all just bitter the Premiership is on top of the Footballing world xnodx :p

bandl
May 21st, 2008, 01:25 PM

No, the ultimate douchebag slap in the face is losing to Barnsley. xcoffeex ;)

bandl
May 21st, 2008, 01:28 PM

And both situations could have been avoided if the Liverpool fans hadn't....................... xrolleyesx xrolleyesx I'll let you fill in the blank.

bandl
May 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM
Match is underway...

bandl
May 21st, 2008, 02:13 PM
Ronaldo heads one in from about 15 feet...what a beautiful goal. xrotatehx

So much for Ronaldo not being up to par for this match xcoolx

I love having a TV at work! xnodx

T-Dog
May 21st, 2008, 02:13 PM
Goal Man U. Ronaldo buries a header off a cross.

bandl
May 21st, 2008, 02:31 PM
Lampard ties it up for Chelsea on a Man U mistake!!! xthumbsupx

ISUMatt
May 21st, 2008, 02:33 PM
Chelsea with all the MO going into half

TheValleyRaider
May 21st, 2008, 02:33 PM
1-1 at the half

ManU has been the better team so far, but they haven't finished their chances. Chelsea is not going to go away. Drogba could very well have a big second half

bandl
May 21st, 2008, 02:35 PM
So far I have to say that this would be a great match for any non-soccer fans to watch.... xwhistlex

bandl
May 21st, 2008, 02:36 PM
1-1 at the half

ManU has been the better team so far, but they haven't finished their chances. Chelsea is not going to go away. Drogba could very well have a big second half

Agreed....and if A. Cole could control the ball a little better than a 12 year old girl, then they might of had some more chances up the middle. xsmhx

Grizalltheway
May 21st, 2008, 02:43 PM
Chelsea will win 2-1 in extra time through a 25-yard cracker from Ballack.

Looks like I could still become a prophet. xreadx

bandl
May 21st, 2008, 02:44 PM
Looks like I could still become a prophet. xreadx

Well he already missed a 30-yarder, a 20-yard free kick, and a header from about 5 yards...either he's due or he's done.

Dane96
May 21st, 2008, 02:56 PM
Been an unreal match so far. Three unreal saves so far...two by Chech.

bandl
May 21st, 2008, 03:14 PM
I'll admit that I haven't watched many Man U matches this season (maybe 3?)....but when did Rooney become such a non-factor?? xconfusedx

It would be kinda funny if he scored after I post this... :p

Grizalltheway
May 21st, 2008, 03:23 PM
Drogba has a shot go off the woodwork...

ISUMatt
May 21st, 2008, 03:23 PM
Postage by Drogba

Grizalltheway
May 21st, 2008, 03:37 PM
Extra time on the way.

Grizalltheway
May 21st, 2008, 04:11 PM
Red card for Drogba! xeekx xeekx xeekx

T-Dog
May 21st, 2008, 04:11 PM
Drogba might have cost his team the Cup.

Grizalltheway
May 21st, 2008, 04:12 PM
Drogba might have cost his team the Cup.

Pulled a Zidane. xnodx xsmhx