PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Abreu still a Yankee (unfortunately)...

Reed Rothchild
November 2nd, 2007, 04:57 PM
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071102&content_id=2291172&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

*sigh* xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx The Yanks need to start cutting the fat and he should have been part of it. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Ivytalk
November 2nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
And a mere 16 mil! Cheap at half the price!:p

Mr. Abreu, meet Mr. Wall! Mr. Abreu? MR. ABREU??MR. ABREU!!!

GannonFan
November 2nd, 2007, 09:34 PM
Awwww, what a shame for the Yankee fans. Even though Bobby Abreu is a Gold Glove winning outfielder, he's actually tried to use the award itself in the field. Of course, since he's a statue himself out there, it doesn't really matter. It's easy to record so few errors when one has such a limited range. I couldn't think of a better team to saddle with the fraud that is Bobby Abreu. To sum it all up....

http://www.seomoz.org/images/upload/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

CollegeSportsInfo
November 4th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I agree he is overpaid. But he did well for the team last season. I expect him to do even better in 2008 playing for a new contract. When you look at an outfield 4-some of Matsui, Damon, Cabrerra and Abreu, it's not all that bad.

It will be nice in 2009 with no more Abreu and Giambi. We're talking almost $40 million for those two. Ouch.

Cleets
November 4th, 2007, 04:40 PM
I agree he is overpaid. But he did well for the team last season. I expect him to do even better in 2008 playing for a new contract. When you look at an outfield 4-some of Matsui, Damon, Cabrerra and Abreu, it's not all that bad.

It will be nice in 2009 with no more Abreu and Giambi. We're talking almost $40 million for those two. Ouch.

Putting a nice shine on that turd... xlolx

He's a 6 million dollar man (making 16 million) only in New York is that fine and dandy

Gil Dobie
November 4th, 2007, 06:36 PM
The curse of Abreu has begun xthumbsupx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx

bluehenbillk
November 5th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Hey at least the Ynaks got rid of one stiff with A-Rod, Bobby's numbers will only be emptier now.

JoltinJoe
November 5th, 2007, 07:40 AM

Don't be surprised if the Yankees trade Abreu and eat a healthy portion of his contract as part of the deal.

He's a decent one-year stopgap for a contending team with a need, especially if the Yankees pay a good portion of that contract.

xtwocentsx