PDA

View Full Version : What NFL Team's Fans Are Most Frustrated

OB55
November 2nd, 2007, 04:03 PM
I say Minnesota Vikings have the highest pain threshold. :p

UMass922
November 2nd, 2007, 04:11 PM
I went with the Bengals, mainly because they're supposed to be doing much better than they are given the talent they have. For most of those other teams the struggles aren't as surprising . . . there isn't as big a disparity between potential and performance. I'm not counting the Chargers, because I think they'll be fine and win that division.

Of course, the Vikings are always a top candidate for this title, and you'll hear no dispute from me if they claim it. (They're my #2 team behind the Patriots, so I'm rooting for them . . . Find a friggin' QB to go with Peterson and maybe, just maybe, they'll have the beginning of something . . . )

tribe_pride
November 2nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
I assume you are not talking about this year but just generally. From that list, I would say the Lions but I think Eagles and Browns should be on there ahead of most if not all of those teams.

OB55
November 2nd, 2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I meant historically. We all assume those who have made it to the big game but have never won it should have the most frustrated fans. That may not be the case but that is the perception. Compare multiple championship game losers to the Lions. Thoughts?

UMass922
November 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
I assume you are not talking about this year but just generally. From that list, I would say the Lions but I think Eagles and Browns should be on there ahead of most if not all of those teams.

If it's in general and not just this year, then I would probably vote Vikings. Lions are a very compelling choice too, though.

poly51
November 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
I think Los Angeles fans are the most frustrated. No team in LA is ludicrous.

TheValleyRaider
November 2nd, 2007, 04:50 PM
Well, that depends on frustrated.

If you mean getting the closest without tasting success, the answer is the Bills. I mean seriously, 4 straight Super Bowls?!?! xeekx

If general incompetence is the standard, then it's the Detroit Lions. Not only do they suffer through years of general suck, but that included the career of one of the game's greatest (Barry Sanders), and now the management stylings of Matt "Top 5....pick in the draft" Millen, well, yikes.

Of course, if general incompetence is the standard, then technically the Cardinals should be it. But then again, there's no such things as a Cardinals fan :D

citdog
November 2nd, 2007, 04:52 PM
THE QB FOR MY DIRTY BIRDS IS FACING FEDERAL POUND YOU IN THE ASS PRISION. NOW THAT'S FRUSTRATING!

patssle
November 2nd, 2007, 06:00 PM
Until your team turns down TWO top 2 draft picks (Vince Young and Reggie Bush)...you got NOTHING compared to what Texans fans have gone through. Zero winning seasons in their history of a franchise.

Cleets
November 2nd, 2007, 06:42 PM
What about us Patriots fans... We're frustrated that this sunday's game is on at 4:00 and not 1:00... (Crap.!!!)

:D

Grizalltheway
November 2nd, 2007, 06:48 PM
What about us Patriots fans... We're frustrated that this sunday's game is on at 4:00 and not 1:00... (Crap.!!!)

:D

Less time to get over the loss before Monday morning. xnodx :p

SuperJon
November 2nd, 2007, 07:11 PM
I won't claim to be "most frustrated" but Panthers fans get toyed with more than anybody. One second they're good and can't beat anybody, the next, they can't beat a JV team. They're a tease.

NDSUFREAK
November 2nd, 2007, 07:46 PM
Vikings fans are the most frustrated and nobody can make a better argument for the title....it sucks.....vikings suck.....but i'm still a fan living in '98.......GARRYY!!!!! :pumpuke:

spelunker64
November 2nd, 2007, 09:14 PM
The rebuilding since 1957 Lions.

GannonFan
November 2nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
No Eagles or Browns in the poll make this a pointless exercise.

BlueHen86
November 2nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
I'd have to say the Eagles. They have never won the Super Bowl and expected to be doing much better this year.
Add to that Philadelphia's 25 years of sports futility - no major sports championships since the Sixers won the NBA title for the 82 - 83 season.

FargoBison
November 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
The Vikings....

0-4 in super bowls
Lost 41-0 last time the team played in the NFC championship, the vikes were favored to win btw.
Had the greatest offense in NFL history but choked against the Falcons in the NFC title game
Gave numerous super bowls to Dallas for Hershal Walker
Hired Brad Childress, if you want frustrating try watching his idea of what an offense looks like

Hansel
November 2nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
Quit watching/caring 'bout the Vikes about 3 years ago

it was a great decision :)

FargoBison
November 2nd, 2007, 10:25 PM
Quit watching/caring 'bout the Vikes about 3 years ago

it was a great decision :)

You definitely haven't missed much, if only I could get myself to do the same.xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx

Nebuta
November 2nd, 2007, 10:48 PM
Simple. The Raiders fans are the most frustrated.

- Frustration is watching this team play every week. I rather have my .... raked over hot coals then watch the team find ways to lose games at the end. The offense is pathetic.
- When the only thing you cheer about is wheither you get the first pick in the next year's draft or not.
and wonder how long they are going to hold out.
- Until the Raiders can draft and trade for an entire offensive line, they will be the bottom of the barrel.
-Every year is a rebuilding year!!! I think their philosphy is that we should tank this game, if we win this game we might actually be 5 games out of the playoffs instead of 6. Whats the difference? We have been tanking the last 5+ years.
- Where are we going to play today? Oakland, LA, Oakland, who cares they are still going to lose no matter where they play.
- The Raiders motto shouldnt be Commitment to Excellence. Excellence left a long time ago.
- The Raiders last great coach before Al Davis ran him out of town (Chucky) actually beat them in their last super bowl. Talk about a slap in the face.
- the infamous "TUCK" rule. (Thanks ref, dont forget to pick up your paycheck from the Pats front office when you leave.)
- Lastly the Raiders fans have to wait idlely by, praying for a change by management. Hoping that one day Al Davis resign.

Seahawks Fan
November 3rd, 2007, 09:03 AM
It's gotta be the Jets fans, and they aren't even listed!!

xmadx xmadx xmadx

OB55
November 3rd, 2007, 12:40 PM
It's gotta be the Jets fans, and they aren't even listed!!

xmadx xmadx xmadx

They have a Super Bowl win.

Cleets
November 3rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
Less time to get over the loss before Monday morning. xnodx :p

Care to make a wager on that..?
You're implying the Colts will win straight up....(no spread)
I'll take that bet any day...!!!!!!!!!

$50.00 to a pay-pal account..?
Patriots over colts xnodx

blackfordpu
November 3rd, 2007, 01:36 PM
Until your team turns down TWO top 2 draft picks (Vince Young and Reggie Bush)...you got NOTHING compared to what Texans fans have gone through. Zero winning seasons in their history of a franchise.

Texans should be on that list. We know nothing but frustration.

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2007, 02:29 PM
Texans should be on that list. We know nothing but frustration.

Yeah, for all SEVEN years of your existence xeyebrowx

Peems
November 3rd, 2007, 03:11 PM
I'd have to say the Eagles. They have never won the Super Bowl and expected to be doing much better this year.
Add to that Philadelphia's 25 years of sports futility - no major sports championships since the Sixers won the NBA title for the 82 - 83 season.

Cleveland's got ya beat in both categories. I still feel for Eagles fans though.

OB55
November 3rd, 2007, 05:36 PM
Yes, eagles should be on that list. Browns, Cardinals could be interchangeable with Lions on that list. :p