Grizalltheway
November 1st, 2007, 11:50 PM
Works for me! xnodx

dbackjon
November 2nd, 2007, 12:47 AM
Perfect!!

Gil Dobie
November 2nd, 2007, 07:26 AM
Roger Maris had an * next to his record for many years. The baseball and bat were on display in the hall of fame during that time. If Bonds wants to boycott the HOF, so be it. xthumbsupx

Bonds may get a plaque in the Andy Reid Drug Emphorium. xlolx

Seahawks Fan
November 2nd, 2007, 07:40 AM
Best Bonds news I've heard in quite a while. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

jstate83
November 2nd, 2007, 08:58 AM
Not a mark on Bonds.......................He still in the record books.
Just show's how stupid and obsessed people can be. xlolx

Gil Dobie
November 2nd, 2007, 09:05 AM
Not a mark on Bonds.......................He still in the record books.
Just show's how stupid and obsessed people can be. xlolx

Except for the needle tracks xlolx

Marcus Garvey
November 2nd, 2007, 11:28 AM
Even if Bonds never used performance enhancing drugs (it's possible he only used drugs that enhance the size of your head, like Mr Burns' Nerve Tonic), it no longer matters. His reputation is tainted. He'll be inducted in the HOF due to the lack of conclussive proof, but the general consensus is that he did use them....

It will be several generations before that taint wears off. When Shoeless Joe was banned, the public applauded it. Many years later, there are people making persuasive arguments to reinstate him. Things can change with time and Bonds may be viewed in a better light years from now.

The funny thing about Bonds however, is that the man was despised long before any of this transpired. Even if he remained a svelte power hitter/speedster like his days with the Pirates, he was still a world-class a$$hole. The man has always enjoyed pissing on people for no good reason, even back at Arizona St. I guess that comes from the priviliged spoiled upbringing of the son of a pro athlete.

Grizzaholic
November 2nd, 2007, 11:40 AM
Even if Bonds never used performance enhancing drugs (it's possible he only used drugs that enhance the size of your head, like Mr Burns' Nerve Tonic), it no longer matters. His reputation is tainted. He'll be inducted in the HOF due to the lack of conclussive proof, but the general consensus is that he did use them....

It will be several generations before that taint wears off. When Shoeless Joe was banned, the public applauded it. Many years later, there are people making persuasive arguments to reinstate him. Things can change with time and Bonds may be viewed in a better light years from now.

The funny thing about Bonds however, is that the man was despised long before any of this transpired. Even if he remained a svelte power hitter/speedster like his days with the Pirates, he was still a world-class a$$hole. The man has always enjoyed pissing on people for no good reason, even back at Arizona St. I guess that comes from the priviliged spoiled upbringing of the son of a pro athlete.

Good post!

bluehenbillk
November 2nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
I'm glad Barry is so sure he'll get enshrined. May wanna check what happened to McGwire there Barry, and people actually liked him.

jstate83
November 2nd, 2007, 11:48 AM
Except for the needle tracks xlolx

Yep.
Statement's without "substance". xlolx

UMass922
November 2nd, 2007, 12:24 PM
I'm glad Barry is so sure he'll get enshrined. May wanna check what happened to McGwire there Barry, and people actually liked him.

Difference is, McGwire was not a HOF-caliber player before/without steroids. Bonds was. He's in a completely different class than McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro . . . he's a thousand times the ballplayer those guys are/were. Which is why it's tragic and stupid that he ruined his reputation and credibility by needlessly using performance-enhancers. I don't feel sorry for him, and I'm not a fan.

However, he still ought to be in the Hall of Fame, IMHO. That said, I'm not going to make a prediction about how the HOF voters will handle his case. This might indeed turn out to be another Shoeless Joe -type scenario.

Oh, and putting an asterisk on the ball is stupid and childish.

BlueHen86
November 2nd, 2007, 12:46 PM
Difference is, McGwire was not a HOF-caliber player before/without steroids. Bonds was. He's in a completely different class than McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro . . . he's a thousand times the ballplayer those guys are/were. Which is why it's tragic and stupid that he ruined his reputation and credibility by needlessly using performance-enhancers. I don't feel sorry for him, and I'm not a fan.

However, he still ought to be in the Hall of Fame, IMHO. That said, I'm not going to make a prediction about how the HOF voters will handle his case. This might indeed turn out to be another Shoeless Joe -type scenario.

Oh, and putting an asterisk on the ball is stupid and childish.
I think Bonds will get in the HOF, probably first ballot. But the performance enhancer issue will certainly cost him some votes.

As for the asterisk, I find to idea amusing - and stupid. What a waste of money.

saint0917
November 2nd, 2007, 01:26 PM
Um......*Barry* who xconfusedx :p