PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Quarterfinal: #6 Samford @ #3 North Dakota State

Pages : 1 [2]

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2022, 07:52 PM
Bison got their pick! This is trending towards really ugly for Samford....

TheKingpin28
Dawson with the easy INT. Damn near threw it right to him.

BisonFan02
Bison got their pick! This is trending towards really ugly for Samford....

Pretty much a bad punt.

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 07:53 PM
Okay, Samford looking like the team I expected now.

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 07:54 PM
Put a fork in the Bulldogs, they're done.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 07:54 PM
"The Bizon are starting to stampede"

[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2022, 07:56 PM
"Throw something at the wall and see if it sticks"...wow...what a sound, pragmatic approach....xlolx

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 07:58 PM
QB change for Samford

He didn't look very good. He has to be off with that splint on his wrist.

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2022, 08:00 PM
He didn't look very good. He has to be off with that splint on his wrist.

They needed to try something. Maybe he could only give them a half with some pain meds and they chose the second?

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 08:00 PM
Jeeze, Bison dropping like flies. Hope these aren't serious.

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2022, 08:01 PM

They're piling up. This Bison team is a MASH unit like the 2016 team that didn't win it all.

deez_na
December 9th, 2022, 08:01 PM
No crap, can’t afford to lose anymore if we wanna make it to Frisco

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2022, 08:02 PM
This does not look good at all....

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 08:04 PM
Probably Achilies by the way he grabbed.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 08:05 PM
Uggh Hate to see kids get hurt.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 08:06 PM
Probably Achilies by the way he grabbed.You're probably right the way the trainer was holding his foot up.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 08:09 PM
You're probably right the way the trainer was holding his foot up.

Hate to see things like that. Honestly, I don't want Cam running it. I want him as far away from tacklers as possible since we have lost all this season:

OL: Grey Zabel
FB: Hunter Luepke
RB: T-Mac
RB: Dominic Gonnella (Transfer)
WR: Raja Nelson
WR: DJ Hart (Transfer)
TE: Noah Gindorff

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2022, 08:10 PM
Cam was in by a yard.....Big Sky crew struggling. xlolx

Winterborn
December 9th, 2022, 08:11 PM
Cam was in by a yard.....Big Sky crew struggling. xlolxThey are definitely playing a bit behind.

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 08:11 PM
Cam was in by a yard.....Big Sky crew struggling. xlolx
Welcome to our world. xrotatehx

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 08:12 PM
Welcome to our world. xrotatehx

FBS bro, FBS! Don't let Haslem keep you with this abysmal crew :D

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 08:13 PM
They should've left Crittendon in there, sheesh

Bison56
December 9th, 2022, 08:16 PM
Wake me when the infomercial is over.

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 08:16 PM
Samford is straight up giving up. They're burning clock so they can get the F outta there.

Schism55
December 9th, 2022, 08:17 PM
Enouywoth the f@#king injuries already, damnit!!

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

dewey
December 9th, 2022, 08:20 PM
Hate to see things like that. Honestly, I don't want Cam running it. I want him as far away from tacklers as possible since we have lost all this season:

OL: Grey Zabel
FB: Hunter Luepke - All American
RB: T-Mac
RB: Dominic Gonnella (Transfer)
WR: Raja Nelson
WR: DJ Hart (Transfer)
TE: Noah Gindorff - All American
DT: Eli Mosteart - All American (might be back soon)

Added Eli Mostaert and added AA labels to a few of the injured players.

Dewey

kdinva
December 9th, 2022, 08:21 PM
Samford is straight up giving up. They're burning clock so they can get the F outta there.

samford looks like the first 43 minutes of the VMI game......NDSU punched them in the mouth during the Anthem....

- - - Updated - - -

samford looks like the first 43 minutes of the VMI game......NDSU punched them in the mouth during the Anthem....

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 08:25 PM
Oof....getting the "at least we didn't get shut out" pep talk from the announcers lol

kdinva
December 9th, 2022, 08:25 PM
I'm looking for ice picks to jam into my ears with these announcers.

how many times has Jay lamented FAMU not being here??

JSUSoutherner
December 9th, 2022, 08:27 PM
I thought the MVFC was overrated?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2022, 08:32 PM
As someone who has spent most of their life near the urban core of the Northeast and have also been to NDSU/Fargo a few times; visiting Fargo is hardly landing on Mars. I absolutely love that area! Not sure the need to make it seem like it's a different planet....

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 08:34 PM
I thought the MVFC was overrated?By the looks of this 24 team tournament the MVFC should have got 6 teams in..

Time for an overhaul to this 24 team fiasco..

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2022, 08:34 PM
As someone who has spent most of their life near the urban core of the Northeast and have also been to NDSU/Fargo a few times; visiting Fargo is hardly landing on Mars. I absolutely love that area! Not sure the need to make it seem like it's a different planet....

As someone who grew up in ND and also lived out east for a chunk of time....Fargo is a moon base. xlolx

kdinva
December 9th, 2022, 08:41 PM
TD pass for Sammy..... 3:53, 24-9

kdinva
December 9th, 2022, 08:42 PM
NCAA.Com live stats has NDSU so far with 160 yards rushing? It looks like they have that much just in 2nd half....

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2022, 08:43 PM
This is NDSU's last win of the season unless the o-line remembers that they're the ****ing NDSU o-line! Way too many injuries for them to play this pedestrian.

The Kicker
December 9th, 2022, 08:46 PM
This is NDSU's last win of the season unless the o-line remembers that they're the ****ing NDSU o-line! Way too many injuries for them to play this pedestrian.

Gifted an easy bracket with 3 seed. Injuries starting to pile up. Wouldn't say they are done but they have to be on their A-game if they want the Championship

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2022, 08:47 PM
Bison might have won the battle but winning the war just got more difficult given the injuries.

This game just needs to end for a multitude of reasons.....

kdinva
December 9th, 2022, 08:49 PM
perfect punt.

Bison56
December 9th, 2022, 08:55 PM
Why is Spencer still in the game???

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2022, 08:56 PM
Why is Spencer still in the game???

This......I don't get it.

deez_na
December 9th, 2022, 08:56 PM
Get our all American off the damn field

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 08:58 PM
Ok, we're just wasting time now lol

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 08:59 PM
jesus christ lmao

BisonFan02
Samford called a ****ing time out? xlolx

BisonFan02
What was the spread for the game?

deez_na
December 9th, 2022, 09:00 PM
What a flipping joke. We are letting them run the field and they go call a timeout? Pathetic

KPSUL
December 9th, 2022, 09:01 PM
Samford called a ****ing time out? xlolx

Samford wanting one more NDSU injury.

gotts
December 9th, 2022, 09:02 PM

I saw it move all the way to -19.5.

Earlier in the week it was -15/-16 or so.

BisonFan02
I saw it move all the way to -19.5.

Earlier in the week it was -15/-16 or so.

LOL...depending on where that ended up, that screamed bad beat of the century.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Congrats Bison! I have a feeling they'll be home again next week.....

CPMPride
December 9th, 2022, 09:03 PM
I will give them credit for not folding in the last couple minutes. Actually was hoping Hiers would pull off one final TD, but now I get to watch two more games tonight.

JacksFan40
December 9th, 2022, 09:04 PM
Damn, I was told Samford was deserving of the #1 seed and that we need to defund the biased committee. So much for the SoCon hype.

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 09:04 PM
I will give them credit for not folding in the last couple minutes. Actually was hoping Hiers would pull off one final TD, but now I get to watch two more games tonight.

No joke. Going to be a late night. UHG.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 09:06 PM
Just another night at the roller derby for these Bison fans at the Fargo Dome

taper
December 9th, 2022, 09:13 PM
Non-scholarship Drake scored 14 against NDSU this year. 0-11 Western Ill scored 17. Not a great look for the Socon's best.

Bisonator
December 9th, 2022, 09:13 PM
Good game Samford fans! I was impressed by your dline they held up well against our oline. I thought your coach kind of blew it by not running more and specifically running the QB. Passing was never going to beat us and putting Hier back there was playing into our defensive strength imo. Anyway your team had a nice season!

Hope we can get some of our guys back but those injuries didn't look good. We seem to be running on fumes at this point. Reminds me of the 2016 team that ran out of gas against JMU.

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 09:15 PM
Pretty sure the Samford QB issue made this a bit harder than it should have been for Samford. Their D did their part in regard to the NDSU run game. Bison got only 166. Pretty sure there were lots here saying 300-400 rush yards were a lock. They were just silly predictions. Could have done better in regard to defending the pass though. Having the Freshman QB was just a little bit much of a handicap in the first half. NDSU definitely had some weaknesses. It will be an interesting game next week against veteran QBs.

Karl Havoc
December 9th, 2022, 09:16 PM

I absolutely hammered it at -11.5 and then again at -16.5. Most I’ve ever gambled on a game. I was having an out of body experience when they put 2 seconds back on the clock.

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 09:17 PM
Non-scholarship Drake scored 14 against NDSU this year. 0-11 Western Ill scored 17. Not a great look for the Socon's best.

False equivalency, so a really poor attempt.

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 9th, 2022, 09:19 PM
Great first half for the Bulldogs but the Bison showed their muscle in the 2nd half, congrats NDSU.
Knowing Maine opens with the Bison so I hope was watching 22 seniors out therexthumbsupx

Chalupa Batman
December 9th, 2022, 09:19 PM
We better root for Sacramento State tonight. Lindsay Scott us going to light is up if UIW wins.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 09:21 PM
Pretty sure the Samford QB issue made this a bit harder than it should have been for Samford. Their D did their part in regard to the NDSU run game. Bison got only 166. Pretty sure there were lots here saying 300-400 rush yards were a lock. They were just silly predictions. Could have done better in regard to defending the pass though. Having the Freshman QB was just a little bit much of a handicap in the first half. NDSU definitely had some weaknesses. It will be an interesting game next week against veteran QBs.Huh... if if if.. IF NDSU had their best player 300 yards rushing may have been on the low side.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 09:26 PM
Non-scholarship Drake scored 14 against NDSU this year. 0-11 Western Ill scored 17. Not a great look for the Socon's best.Using that analysis,, Samford may have finished 5th in the MVFC [emoji848]

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2022, 10:33 PM
We better root for Sacramento State tonight. Lindsay Scott us going to light is up if UIW wins.
Bison get worked by either UIW or Sac St of their offense plays again like it did tonight. Unless they luck out facing another backup QB.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2022, 10:44 PM
Samfords D played tough tonight, pretty good tackling and quick the ball.

This is a very average Bison team that just got more average with the injuries

Montana State is boat racing Bill and Mary and SDSU will do the same to HC. the championship game will be the MSU SDSU semi just like it was with NDSU JMU last year.

gofurman
December 9th, 2022, 10:49 PM
Well how fast the tables have turned.. SOCON who?

Please. Cmon. the SoCon did very well. Both in games and MONEY. MONEY TALKS - or at least provides a better non-biased viewpoint.

Furman beat CAA Elon. Big. Then lost close heartbreaker to seeded UIW

Samford beat Southland SELA with walk on Freshman QB. Then showed some strong D for a while vs the running juggernaut of NDSU. I saw posts of 400-500 rushing yards for NDSU. I keep waiting for it. NDSU was good. Very good. But I didn’t see a great OL or run game. Forced to play a pass game they just didn’t look like NDSU of old who impose their will from the start. I mean if Heirs is healthy (even announcer said he must not be 100% to not take off and run) and starts maybe it’s 10-7 at half. Who knows. As I think is a great saying. The game doesn’t exist in a “bubble”. Maybe Heirs then takes those 5/10 yard runs he kept passing up. Heck, I think he might coulda run for TD on last play of game. He looked like he couldn’t take contact still.

———————-

anyway MONEY TALKS. Here is SoCon vs Vegas——. (Vegas provides a non biased way to evaluate a team vs “perception”!,)

FURMAN -3.5 v Elon. FURMAN COVERS EASY winning 31-6. Wow. Huge cover
FURMAN + 9.5 v UIW. FURMAN COVERS again. Pretty easy. Lost by 3 driving for win getting 9.5 points

SAMFORD -7 vs SELA. SELA COVERS as Samford won by 6 in OT and no XP was attempted
SAMFORD +19.5. (what I got today) at NDSU. SAMFORD COVERS as NDSU won 27 - 9. So NDSU didn’t quite cover. Very close to line.

so by all objective and MONEY MATTERS the SoCon was UNDERRATED for the postseason going 3-1 vs the spread. Especially Furman covering Easily twice !!

( And don’t fear UIW. I mean penguin here says everything in the SoCon sucks and UIW escaped Furman AT UIW home field…. Furman who is only the 2nd place SoCon team. By Penguin logic NDSU will CRUSH any UIW team

————————————-

Sincerely, a great job to NDSU !!!! And I did HATE to see the injuries. Man. Sorry about that, just too many. Seriously hate that. NDSU can win it all.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 10:55 PM
Bison get worked by either UIW or Sac St of their offense plays again like it did tonight. Unless they luck out facing another backup QB.I like the Bisons chances against either team. I'm seeing a rematch with the Bunnies..

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2022, 11:05 PM
Please. Cmon. the SoCon did very well. Both in games and MONEY. MONEY TALKS - or at least provides a better non-biased viewpoint.

Samford beat Southland SELA with walk on Freshman QB. Then showed some strong D for a while vs the running juggernaut of NDSU. I saw posts of 400-500 rushing yards for NDSU. I keep waiting for it. NDSU was good. Very good. But I didn’t see a great OL or run game. Forced to play a pass game they just didn’t look like NDSU of old who impose their will from the start. I mean if Heirs is healthy (even announcer said he must not be 100% to not take off and run) and starts maybe it’s 10-7 at half. Who knows. As I think is a great saying. The game doesn’t exist in a “bubble”. Maybe Heirs then takes those 5/10 yard runs he kept passing up. Heck, I think he might coulda run for TD on last play of game. He looked like he couldn’t take contact still.

———————-

anyway MONEY TALKS. Here is SoCon vs Vegas——. (Vegas provides a non biased way to evaluate a team vs “perception”!,)

FURMAN + 9.5 v UIW. FURMAN COVERS again. Pretty easy. Lost by 3 driving for win getting 9.5 points

SAMFORD +19 (what I got today) at NDSU. SAMFORD COVERS as NDSU won 27 - 9. So NDSU didn’t quite cover. Very close to line.
NDSU was nowhere near a juggernaut tonight. Not sure if things would've been different with Hiers the whole game but Samford was utterly impotent on offense with Crittendon and their strategy to snap it as fast as possible no matter what the result of the previous play was just plain dumb. Their defense was good enough to make it a game if their offense wouldn't have consistently **** the bed. Hiers looked pretty healthy when he was in there so was also a mistake not starting him.

Came away impressed with Samfords defense but thoroughly underwhelmed by their offense and their coaching staff. They looked like an average MVFC team to me (Illinois St like).... just calling it like I saw it.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 11:23 PM

———————-

SAMFORD -7 vs SELA. SELA COVERS as Samford won by 6 in OT and no XP was attempted
SAMFORD +19.5. (what I got today) at NDSU. SAMFORD COVERS as NDSU won 27 - 9. So NDSU didn’t quite cover. Very close to line.

so by all objective and MONEY MATTERS the SoCon was UNDERRATED for the postseason going 3-1 vs the spread. Especially Furman covering Easily twice !!

( And don’t fear UIW. I mean penguin here says everything in the SoCon sucks and UIW escaped Furman AT UIW home field…. Furman who is only the 2nd place SoCon team. By Penguin logic NDSU will CRUSH any UIW team

————————————-

Sincerely, a great job to NDSU !!!! And I did HATE to see the injuries. Man. Sorry about that, just too many. Seriously hate that. NDSU can win it all.GA So and Appy State took your magic..

Cry me a river..

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 11:29 PM
NDSU was nowhere near a juggernaut tonight. Not sure if things would've been different with Hiers the whole game but Samford was utterly impotent on offense with Crittendon and their strategy to snap it as fast as possible no matter what the result of the previous play was just plain dumb. Their defense was good enough to make it a game if their offense wouldn't have consistently **** the bed. Hiers looked pretty healthy when he was in there so was also a mistake not starting him.

Came away impressed with Samfords defense but thoroughly underwhelmed by their offense and their coaching staff. They looked like an average MVFC team to me (Illinois St like).... just calling it like I saw it.

That has been the MO of Samford for years. Their D is usually on the field 35+. It has burned them more than once. I never got it. Their D has definitely been better this year so they could employ their fast pace play without much impact. Sure their O is a feast or famine one. But slowing it down sometimes is necessary. It just doesn't seem to be a strategy they ever employ regardless of the circumstances.

In regard to their O, you simply can't ignore the QB situation. Look at the passing yardage between half's. Different game if Hiers starts. He is way better, but injuries happen.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 11:38 PM
That has been the MO of Samford for years. Their D is usually on the field 35+. It has burned them more than once. I never got it. Their D has definitely been better this year so they could employ their fast pace play without much impact. Sure their O is a feast or famine one. But slowing it down sometimes is necessary. It just doesn't seem to be a strategy they ever employ regardless of the circumstances.

In regard to their O, you simply can't ignore the QB situation. Look at the passing yardage between half's. Different game if Hiers starts. He is way better, but injuries happen.Give it up ElCid.. NDSU is down quite a few players and played one of their worst games and still cake walked it..

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2022, 11:52 PM

In regard to their O, you simply can't ignore the QB situation. Look at the passing yardage between half's. Different game if Hiers starts. He is way better, but injuries happen.
Hiers was better but it wasn't night and day difference. He got a ton of garbage yards their last two drives so any stat that includes those should be taken with a grain of salt.

dewey
December 10th, 2022, 12:37 AM
Hiers was better but it wasn't night and day difference. He got a ton of garbage yards their last two drives so any stat that includes those should be taken with a grain of salt.

Agreed. Even the NDSU coach said they ran a lot of big zone to keep plays in front of them.

Dewey

FUBeAR
December 10th, 2022, 12:49 AM
Day = Unanimous SoCon Offensive Player of the Year & Payton Award 4th place Finisher
Night = Redshirt Freshman walk-on with not much more than 1 home game of experience
Any Other Conclusions = Posturing, for some odd reason(s)

For an NFL analogy, it would be like replacing Tom Brady with someone like … say … Carson Wentz :D

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2022, 12:59 AM
Added Eli Mostaert and added AA labels to a few of the injured players.

DeweyI was listing on offense but I thought Eli could return next week potentially? Either way, as mentioned on here already, this team feels like 2016 on fumes.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2022, 01:00 AM
Day = Unanimous SoCon Offensive Player of the Year & Payton Award 4th place Finisher
Night = Redshirt Freshman walk-on with not much more than 1 home game of experience
Any Other Conclusions = Posturing, for some odd reason(s)

For an NFL analogy, it would be like replacing Tom Brady with someone like … say … Carson Wentz :DBoth are Super Bowl winners, your point?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

gofurman
December 10th, 2022, 02:04 AM
Ya know. All this Lindsey Scott talk.. it’s a TEAM GAME. UIW is truly one play from losing to BOTH Furman and/or Sac State. One play in either game. Y’all can beat them.

Furman had more defense intercepting him twice and making UIW fumble. Also for a TWENTY MINUTE (this shocks me, not pro-Furman) we held him to 3/8 passing for THREE TOTAL YARDS. From third quarter into early fourth quarter.

Sac State clearly had better offense than my Furman guys but less D. Man. UIW over Furman 41-38. UIW over Sac State 66-63!! But their win margin has gone from 37 or something intra conference to THREE in both playoff games.

i am being fair. I consider NDSU to be certainly WAY better than my Furman guys!!! So you should eclipse the three point differential.

That said it may just be a bad matchup for NDSU as we have all seen this high-flying-aerial attack of UIW is actually very dependent on Scott’s super quick legs which means you better not give man coverage or he will take off. As I saw the inexperienced Samford QB made some good gains with his legs. Clearly UIW/Scott will kill you if you allow that. As will the RB Cooper. Both so fast. but they are beatable. I mean Nevada pushed them hard. Nevada, a 2-10 FBS team that would lose to NDSU

however, I worry NDSU may have a long list of guys out. You will need your Defensive guys !

SeattleCat
December 10th, 2022, 02:13 AM
Ya know. All this Lindsey Scott talk.. it’s a TEAM GAME. UIW is truly one play from losing to BOTH Furman and/or Sac State. One play in either game. Y’all can beat them.

Furman had more defense intercepting him twice and making UIW fumble. Also for a TWENTY MINUTE (this shocks me, not pro-Furman) we held him to 3/8 passing for THREE TOTAL YARDS. From third quarter into early fourth quarter.

Sac State clearly had better offense than my Furman guys but less D. Man. UIW over Furman 41-38. UIW over Sac State 66-63!! But their win margin has gone from 37 or something intra conference to THREE in both playoff games.

i am being fair. I consider NDSU to be certainly WAY better than my Furman guys!!! So you should eclipse the three point differential.

That said it may just be a bad matchup for NDSU as we have all seen this high-flying-aerial attack of UIW is actually very dependent on Scott’s super quick legs which means you better not give man coverage or he will take off. As I saw the inexperienced Samford QB made some good gains with his legs. Clearly UIW/Scott will kill you if you allow that. As will the RB Cooper. Both so fast. but they are beatable. I mean Nevada pushed them hard. Nevada, a 2-10 FBS team that would lose to NDSU

however, I worry NDSU may have a long list of guys out. You will need your Defensive guys !

Right, Right, Right.... But whose gonna beat Montana State?

gofurman
December 10th, 2022, 02:15 AM

Valid question

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2022, 03:17 AM
SDSU will next week. They know how to stop the run and Tommy Mellot can't throw it well enough to beat them. The run ramshod over your opponent days are about to come to a screeching halt for Montana St. I know you know how Montana St has fared on the road so far this year... I don't think they'll be able to keep it all that close in Brookings.

Born a Rabbit
December 10th, 2022, 03:30 AM
SDSU will next week. They know how to stop the run and Tommy Mellot can't throw it well enough to beat them. The run ramshod over your opponent days are about to come to a screeching halt for Montana St. I know you know how Montana St has fared on the road so far this year... I don't think they'll be able to keep it all that close in Brookings.

exactly. they played exactly one actual football team away from bozeman this year and got whipped. yes an fbs team but they could have scheduled someone else even half way decent on the road. i mean they definitely knew that they did not have to play idaho or sac st this year. they had the cushion in their schedule to put another decent team in the OOC. they chose to have everyone uuuuhh and aaaaahhh while they got fat on cupcakes.

they nearly lost to NAU on the road. jacks are not NAU. i am not making any predictions. they are good! but semifinals week is less than an ideal time for your first tough road game. next week they find out if getting fat on cupcakes works??

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2022, 04:24 AM

This here. Samford had something like 109 total yards when the NDSU went into their "shell" prevent defense. I hate it. But I'll give the Samford defense a ton of credit. They played infinitely better than their stats and rankings were.

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2022, 07:26 AM
I was impressed with Samfords defense. I didn't see that coming from them. Congratulations on a great season.

ysubigred
December 10th, 2022, 07:56 AM

however, I worry NDSU may have a long list of guys out. You will need your Defensive guys !This^ good luck next year. I think all our teams wants to be NDSU, just how can we get there.

dewey
December 10th, 2022, 08:24 AM
I was impressed with Samfords defense. I didn't see that coming from them. Congratulations on a great season.

100% this. The Samford defense was really impressive. I also agree that in the 1st half and most of the 3rd quarter NDSU was kights out defensively. Great season Bulldogs.

Dewey

SU DOG
December 10th, 2022, 04:20 PM
Good Luck to NDSU, and especially hope you guys get some of those injured players back. Hope we can possibly meet this machine of a program again someday.

PaladinNation
December 11th, 2022, 06:41 AM
As a Furman and SoCon fan… I was glued to the entire game.
There is kinda a brotherhood of frustration with both fan groups.
Samford and Hatcher can leave you scratching your head—except for this season and Furman had several seasons of inconsistent offense leading up to this year.

Hatch gets a new DC and Hendrix gets a new OC and OL coach… boom both teams make the playoffs and win a game a piece.
For all the talk that no team east of the Mississippi can hold a MVFC jock strap-this game IMO showed that isn't the case. I do worry that Hatcher's surge in the use of the transfer portal is going to cause some issues in the future.

I think the key for the SoCon competing successfully in future playoffs is improving line play on both sides of the ball. Skill players in the south are a plenty

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2022, 07:07 AM
As a Furman and SoCon fan… I was glued to the entire game.
There is kinda a brotherhood of frustration with both fan groups.
Samford and Hatcher can leave you scratching your head—except for this season and Furman had several seasons of inconsistent offense leading up to this year.

Hatch gets a new DC and Hendrix gets a new OC and OL coach… boom both teams make the playoffs and win a game a piece.
For all the talk that no team east of the Mississippi can hold a MVFC jock strap-this game IMO showed that isn't the case. I do worry that Hatcher's surge in the use of the transfer portal is going to cause some issues in the future.

I think the key for the SoCon competing successfully in future playoffs is improving line play on both sides of the ball. Skill players in the south are a plenty

I do agree with most of this. This Bison team has some definite deficiencies and it shows. Past championship teams would have blown Samford out of the water but this one is a grinder team that can be beaten.

As a fan base, we are all waiting for them to put together a 4 quarter game this year and they still haven't done it. Will they? Probably not IMO. This is what they are.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2022, 07:17 AM
Good Luck to NDSU, and especially hope you guys get some of those injured players back. Hope we can possibly meet this machine of a program again someday.
Tip of the hat to Samford as well in particular the d-line. You don't see NDSU's o-line struggle like that very often... their defense definitely played well enough to win but I think Samford's ultra hurry up pace on offense even after a neutral or negative play in a hostile playoff road environment made it too tough on them with an inexperienced backup QB.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2022, 08:01 AM
Tip of the hat to Samford as well in particular the d-line. You don't see NDSU's o-line struggle like that very often... their defense definitely played well enough to win but I think Samford's ultra hurry up pace on offense even after a neutral or negative play in a hostile playoff road environment made it too tough on them with an inexperienced backup QB.

Maybe to some degree with the Samford DL but also with our WR corp. Our passing game is a deficiency and it shows. We have no WR that can get separation. TE group is depleted also. Samford totally sold out to stop the run and did a decent job of it but a competent passing attack would loosen up teams selling out to stop the run. Past Bison teams would have rolled Samford but this one just doesn't have the same talent to exploit teams selling out to stop the run.

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2022, 08:44 AM
Hardest thing to watch about this game was all the injuries... Seems like it’s all going to catch up with Bison at some point

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2022, 08:48 AM
Maybe to some degree with the Samford DL but also with our WR corp. Our passing game is a deficiency and it shows. We have no WR that can get separation. TE group is depleted also. Samford totally sold out to stop the run and did a decent job of it but a competent passing attack would loosen up teams selling out to stop the run. Past Bison teams would have rolled Samford but this one just doesn't have the same talent to exploit teams selling out to stop the run.
Cam Miller was 15/18 for 194 yards on Friday. The passing game is less potent without Luepke and Gindorff specifically but with the dominant run game to use play action out of the pass game is still well equipped enough to keep defenses honest IMO. NDSU's o-line isn't a one trick pony either... they're elite when it comes to pass blocking as well.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2022, 08:52 AM
Hardest thing to watch about this game was all the injuries... Seems like it’s all going to catch up with Bison at some point
Wasn't just this game - NDSU has had bad luck with injuries pretty much the whole season. This is their week 1 depth chart vs Drake with the guys who are out for the season injured crossed out with a red line, the guys who transferred midseason crossed out with a black line, and the guys who were injured last week crossed out with a yellow line (hopefully they're both back and the DT Eli Mostaert could possible be back soon also). That doesn't include guys who were significant contributors who were injured last game like RB TaMerick Williams and WR Raja Nelson:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52556957758_3d64aa066d_c.jpg

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2022, 08:58 AM
Wasn't just this game - NDSU has had bad luck with injuries pretty much the whole season. This is their week 1 depth chart vs Drake with the guys who are out for the season injured crossed out with a red line, the guys who transferred midseason crossed out with a black line, and the guys who were injured last week crossed out with a yellow line (hopefully they're both back and the DT Eli Mostaert could possible be back soon also). That doesn't include guys who were significant contributors who were injured last game like RB TaMerick Williams and WR Braylon Henderson:

I knew it was bad but didn’t know it was that bad, only the Bison could withstand so many injuries (and transfers)

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2022, 09:00 AM
Wasn't just this game - NDSU has had bad luck with injuries pretty much the whole season. This is their week 1 depth chart vs Drake with the guys who are out for the season injured crossed out with a red line, the guys who transferred midseason crossed out with a black line, and the guys who were injured last week crossed out with a yellow line (hopefully they're both back and the DT Eli Mostaert could possible be back soon also). That doesn't include guys who were significant contributors who were injured last game like RB TaMerick Williams and WR Braylon Henderson:

You're missing some injuries....Luke Weerts is out....wasn't Grey Zabel out too?

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2022, 09:11 AM
You're missing some injuries....Luke Weerts is out....wasn't Grey Zabel out too?
Yep, forgot about Weerts. Zabel has been starting at RT since Miller got hurt - I don't recall him getting hurt against Samford but I certainly could've missed it.

AmsterBison
December 11th, 2022, 02:47 PM
Samford scored 9 pts against NDSU in the 4th quarter.

In NDSU's 46 playoff games, Illinois State (13) and JMU (10) are the only opponents to score more points than that against the Bison in the 4th quarter.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2022, 03:51 PM
Samford scored 9 pts against NDSU in the 4th quarter.

In NDSU's 46 playoff games, Illinois State (13) and JMU (10) are the only opponents to score more points than that against the Bison in the 4th quarter.

Bison were in their prevent defense. Big difference.

AmsterBison
December 11th, 2022, 07:41 PM
Bison were in their prevent defense. Big difference.

Well, to be fair, that average margin in NDSU's playoff games has been +21 in the favor of the Bison so the 4th quarters saw a lot of prevent defenses.

SU DOG
December 12th, 2022, 08:34 AM
Thanks AmsterBison for that 4th quarter tidbit. That has been shared that on our Samford Board. I guess you take whatever little positive nugget you can get when you see your season end. Again, GOOD LUCK to the Bison.