PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Quarterfinal: #8 Holy Cross @ #1 South Dakota State

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 05:08 PM
Game kicks off at 11AM CT on Saturday 12/10 and will be nationally televised on ESPN. Here's how they match up statistically:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52542377350_0310b66fec_z.jpg

Winner moves on to face the winner of #5 William & Mary at #4 Montana St.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 05:12 PM
Holy Cross is gonna get destroyed.

JacksFan40
December 3rd, 2022, 05:15 PM
Holy Cross is a very good and extremely well coached team, they’ll come to play. I think the size of SDSU will be too much for Holy Cross to handle in the end though. Today against Delaware proved that SDSU is on another level upfront.

SDSU wins 38-14

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 05:16 PM
Holy Cross is a very good and extremely well coached team, they’ll come to play. I think the size of SDSU will be too much for Holy Cross to handle.

SDSU wins 38-14

Good coach speak. "Very good", "well coached", "they'll come to play". You forgot scrappy and any given saturday.

JacksFan40
December 3rd, 2022, 05:21 PM
Good coach speak. "Very good", "well coached", "they'll come to play". You forgot scrappy and any given saturday.
Well I’m not going to just outright say we’ll destroy them and don’t need to be worried, I’ve been burned on that plenty of times before. Plus they are a very good team, and Chesney is an excellent coach. SDSU just so happens to be on another level right now.

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 05:27 PM
I wish we had Jacob Dobbs for this one.

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2022, 05:47 PM
Holy Cross's dream season comes to an end.

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 05:57 PM
SDSU will get punched in the face harder and more times than they might think, but it is hard to see HC winning this one. SDSU is a top 50 D1 (FBS + FCS) program.

nplang09
December 3rd, 2022, 08:30 PM
I get that SDSU is the number 1 ranked team in the country, but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking that HC isn’t ready for physical football. They played and beat Buffalo. They’ll be ready for physical football, it’s SDSUs speed on offense I worry about. They looked fast against Delaware.

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 09:04 PM
I'll spot the ambulance company 28 and they'll lose by 17..

No rust on the Bunnies.. maybe their year..

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2022, 10:27 PM
I'll spot the ambulance company 28 and they'll lose by 17..

No rust on the Bunnies.. maybe their year..

This is my thinking. Just like Sam Houston suffered continuous near-misses and finally got there...The Jackrabbits get theirs this year.

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 10:31 PM
This is my thinking. Just like Sam Houston suffered continuous near-misses and finally got there...The Jackrabbits get theirs this year.NDSU is in their way.. I'm going golden Buffalo's again this year.. Bunnies has to beat them 2 X's in one year..

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 11:02 PM
Physically I think HC can hang in. However, I still question their overall team speed on defense. I believe SDSU will cause them a lot of trouble in space.....

Are any Crusader fans making the trek to Brookings? If this was Lehigh I would seriously consider going. HC is the underdog but an upset does not seem out of reach with a couple of breaks. The environment itself won't be what Lehigh and Colgate faced in Fargo....

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 11:18 PM
And it's official:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1599269656056934401

This game gets the top quarterfinal TV slot in terms of eyeballs kicking off right after College Gameday from the Army/Navy game ends on the ESPN mothership. Should also help for the comfort level of players and fans to play this game in daylight on Saturday late morning/early afternoon as compared to in the dark on Friday night.

It's also the only quarterfinal on Saturday since Sac St is choosing to play their game vs Incarnate Word on Friday as well as the other two quarterfinals that will be broadcast on ESPN2 on Friday night.

Karl Havoc
December 4th, 2022, 12:53 AM
Hard to imagine a scenario where Holy Cross wins this game. Thinking the spread is SDSU by 17.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2022, 05:58 AM
SDSU will crush this team.

Montana State will give them a test.

NY Crusader 2010
December 4th, 2022, 07:52 AM
For those who don't remember, this isn't the first rodeo for this group of Holy Cross players in the Dakotas. Mainly the same core group of players for us that went out there in April 2021 (I was there!). We're a much more complete team offensively than we were that day. But as long as SDSU opens up the playbook, throws the ball downfield and into open space starting from their first possession, this should be a 38-17 type of game IMO. We hung with you guys on the line of scrimmage last meeting and were ultimately just out-classed by the better team. And just like last spring, SDSU enters the game ranked #1.

This is a game the Jacks should win in similar fashion to the way we manhandled the big, bad CAA co-champs from New Hampshire. We'll "hang tough" but that might not be enough unless we are +3 in turnovers and/or block a punt.

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2022, 09:03 AM
Team stats comparison added to the first page of thread. Looks like the key matchup will be Holy Cross's elite run game vs SDSU's elite run defense. The side that gives probably loses. There are also two very opportunistic defenses with a +17 turnover margin on the season for Holy Cross and +12 for SDSU so turnovers, or lack thereof, might play an even bigger role than normal.

Pards Rule
December 4th, 2022, 09:19 AM
Yeah Im thinking Jacks by 17. It seems to be a Jacks year. I guess they deserve it. Go Eagles Go Goedert Go Jacks

Lehigh'98
December 4th, 2022, 09:25 AM
Line is -14.5. Also, NDSU is -11.5. Total in IW/Sac St 72.5. Predictions, the Dakotas cover easily and IW/Sac get the over by 3rd qtr.

Pards Rule
December 4th, 2022, 09:41 AM
Line is -14.5. Also, NDSU is -11.5. Total in IW/Sac St 72.5. Predictions, the Dakotas cover easily and IW/Sac get the over by 3rd qtr.

Can I take this to AC my friend? Only a hour fifteen drive for me from Long Beach Island, NJ

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2022, 09:45 AM

I'd take both SUs also with those lines.

NY Crusader 2010
December 4th, 2022, 10:09 AM
FWIW, Vegas has overrated Holy Cross a bit throughout the season. We did, of course, easily cover the 7.5 spread against UNH yesterday.

Lehigh'98
December 4th, 2022, 11:59 AM
It’s all legal in NJ, so yeah. Much easier to do it from your phone though.

POD Knows
December 4th, 2022, 12:16 PM
This SDSU team might be the best FCS team since the 2013 Bison. I hope HC puts a decent game together but not sure it will be enough. SDSU wins going away.

Pards Rule
December 4th, 2022, 12:29 PM
It’s all legal in NJ, so yeah. Much easier to do it from your phone though.

Getting my nephew to help me...lol Im pre fax!

NY Crusader 2010
December 4th, 2022, 05:28 PM
This SDSU team might be the best FCS team since the 2013 Bison. I hope HC puts a decent game together but not sure it will be enough. SDSU wins going away.

Wow, you have quite an opinion of this team. Until they close it out in Frisco, tough to put them ahead of any of the recent Bison teams or even the JMU team that won. Let's see how this veteran squad handles the next 3 games. SDSU definitely beats Sammy in spring 2021 if they don't lose Gronowski early in the title game, so this would be a nice redemption tour for him, Isiah Davis and the Janke twins. I don't know much about the Jackrabbit defense this year other than that I'm sure they're very good!

Who was your QB in 2013 -- Wentz? Or was he not yet the starter?

POD Knows
December 4th, 2022, 05:40 PM
Wow, you have quite an opinion of this team. Until they close it out in Frisco, tough to put them ahead of any of the recent Bison teams or even the JMU team that won. Let's see how this veteran squad handles the next 3 games. SDSU definitely beats Sammy in spring 2021 if they don't lose Gronowski early in the title game, so this would be a nice redemption tour for him, Isiah Davis and the Janke twins. I don't know much about the Jackrabbit defense this year other than that I'm sure they're very good!

Who was your QB in 2013 -- Wentz? Or was he not yet the starter?Brock Jensen was the QB, Wentz was a back-up.

Bisonator
December 4th, 2022, 05:44 PM

Brock Jensen was QB in 2013. Wentz was 2014 and 2015.

dbackjon
December 5th, 2022, 06:33 PM
SDSU by 15

mmiller_34
December 5th, 2022, 07:40 PM

Brock Jensen was starter. Wentz was our back-up.

#OnBizon

ngineer
December 5th, 2022, 07:54 PM
Voted for SDSU but heart is with Holy Cross. They have a very good team and, as already noted, have played very tough with 'big' teams. I think they will be in the game to be able to pull the big upset if SDSU gets sloppy or takes the 'saders lightly. Predicted score..SDSU 38 Holy Cross 31

UNHWildcat18
December 5th, 2022, 08:05 PM
SDSU is going to slice through HC
45-17

Chalupa Batman
December 5th, 2022, 10:07 PM
I said a few weeks ago there is only 2 or 3 teams that Holy Cross just can't match up with physically and can't beat. Unfortunately for them SDSU is one of those teams.

NDSU1980
December 5th, 2022, 10:51 PM
I'd love to see HC do the heavy lifting for the Bison and beat SDSU but it's not happening. Bunnies by at least17. And yes I'm assuming NDSU gets by Samford and Sac State at this point.

NY Crusader 2010
December 6th, 2022, 05:31 AM
I'd love to see HC do the heavy lifting for the Bison and beat SDSU but it's not happening. Bunnies by at least17. And yes I'm assuming NDSU gets by Samford and Sac State at this point.

We'll throw the kitchen sink at 'em on both sides but may not be enough with all the weapons they have on O. Physically we should be able to hang in. Last time I went out to Brookings to watch us there in spring 2021, I put our chances of a win at about 3%. I'll go with 15% this time -- and even that might be a little high.

Best thing we have going for us is that we've been there, literally, in a playoff game in that stadium with the Jacks ranked #1. And while our defense was for the most part already there, our offense is tremendously improved overall since then. And we have more weapons than we did that day -- our WR1 from that game will be our WR4 on Saturday morning (5th yr senior Spencer Gilliam).

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2022, 09:17 AM
We'll throw the kitchen sink at 'em on both sides but may not be enough with all the weapons they have on O. Physically we should be able to hang in. Last time I went out to Brookings to watch us there in spring 2021, I put our chances of a win at about 3%. I'll go with 15% this time -- and even that might be a little high.

Best thing we have going for us is that we've been there, literally, in a playoff game in that stadium with the Jacks ranked #1. And while our defense was for the most part already there, our offense is tremendously improved overall since then. And we have more weapons than we did that day -- our WR1 from that game will be our WR4 on Saturday morning (5th yr senior Spencer Gilliam).
That's good because HC is going to have to pass the ball to score. Calling SDSU's run defense elite might be an understatement - they're #1 in the FCS in rush yards allowed per game by almost 20 yards (about the same spread between #2 and #10) and #1 in the FCS in yards allowed per carry by 0.44 yards (the same spread as between #2 and #12). They're simply dominant defending the run.

crusader11
December 6th, 2022, 09:24 AM
I think running between the tackles against SDSU is a death wish. HC have a really good offensive line this year and a bruising running back (Peter Oliver), but we haven't seen a front seven with the size and athleticism like SDSU all year. It's going to be tough sledding, for sure.

That said, I think we can pick our spots with the run with Sluka. SDSU hasn't faced a running QB like him (1,000+ rushing yards) all season. Chris Smith, our OC, has done a nice job mixing in some designed QB runs...but where Sluka probably excels the most is on the broken play.

Running game aside, it's going to be really important to get our skilled players the ball in space, as that's really the only way we'll be able to move the ball. I imagine HC will be breaking down the UNI and UND games for quite some time to see how these teams were able to move the ball effectively.

I actually think we can have some success on offense, but my fear is SDSU just methodically wears us down and beats us up throughout the game with their ground game. I'll be surprised if we don't hang around for a while, but this game feels like a 34-24 kind of game to me. If we had Jacob Dobbs in the middle of our defense, I'd probably feel differently.

crusader11
December 6th, 2022, 09:49 AM
By the way, 12:00 ET is a fantastic time slot for this game and will generate a ton of eyeballs from the casual sports fan.

First, it's on big ESPN. Not Plus, U, or 2...big boy ESPN.

It's the ONLY football game on. Not competing with the NFL, FBS, or any other FCS games.

It's a great precursor to Army - Navy, which is on at 3:00.

For the gambling people out there who are starved to get action on a football game, this is the only option in town.

ElCid
December 6th, 2022, 10:07 AM
That's good because HC is going to have to pass the ball to score. Calling SDSU's run defense elite might be an understatement - they're #1 in the FCS in rush yards allowed per game by almost 20 yards (about the same spread between #2 and #10) and #1 in the FCS in yards allowed per carry by 0.44 yards (the same spread as between #2 and #12). They're simply dominant defending the run.

They may very well have good numbers, but whenever I see a team with great stats I immediately go to the opposition they faced. So on the flip side, they have only faced 3 teams in the top 50 for rushing. And one was Butler. And they also faced 5 teams >#80 or worse. Sure their own D held the opposition numbers down, but that was just one game. I have no doubt they are good, I only watched them twice. But in regard to just stats, the caliber of the opposition and stat padding against already bad teams needs to be considered. I know you know this, just putting some basic details to it. You can drill down even deeper obviously.

crusader11
December 6th, 2022, 10:27 AM
They may very well have good numbers, but whenever I see a team with great stats I immediately go to the opposition they faced. So on the flip side, they have only faced 3 teams in the top 50 for rushing. And one was Butler. And they also faced 5 teams >#80 or worse. Sure their own D held the opposition numbers down, but that was just one game. I have no doubt they are good, I only watched them twice. But in regard to just stats, the caliber of the opposition and stat padding against already bad teams needs to be considered. I know you know this, just putting some basic details to it. You can drill down even deeper obviously.

They held NDSU to around 120 yards rushing, which is roughly 150 yards fewer per game. That's damn impressive.

And while Iowa's offense might be the most boring at the FBS level and not great, they had 57 yards on 36 carries.

I watched most of SDSU's game against UD and their entire game against UNI. If HC is to have any success on offense, it's going to be through the air.

ElCid
December 6th, 2022, 11:01 AM
They held NDSU to around 120 yards rushing, which is roughly 150 yards fewer per game. That's damn impressive.

And while Iowa's offense might be the most boring at the FBS level and not great, they had 57 yards on 36 carries.

I watched most of SDSU's game against UD and their entire game against UNI. If HC is to have any success on offense, it's going to be through the air.

Yeah I watched one of their early games and they did look good. I was mostly addressing the "stats" angle. I'm a stats kind of guy, but I like to drill down since "just" pure stats can be deceiving.

Also, I didn't look at the Iowa game. However, they are ranked 122/131 in FBS and average less than 100 YPG. That's just really bad. I also am a little leery of rival games due to other huge factors. I really like to look at the OOC and run of the mill conf games as the best indicators. You remove familiarity and rival hate from the equation. LOL. They are intangible factors, but ever present.

But sure, the passing game will be crucial for HC. I look forward to the game. Being from the NE I've always had a soft spot for HC.

NY Crusader 2010
December 6th, 2022, 11:04 AM
The more I hear about this Jackrabbit team, the more I think they may be just as much all around improved as us since our last meeting. Hoping for a game but if we don't play our best football the projections of a SDSU blowout are likely to be on point.

Chalupa Batman
December 6th, 2022, 01:40 PM
I think running between the tackles against SDSU is a death wish. HC have a really good offensive line this year and a bruising running back (Peter Oliver), but we haven't seen a front seven with the size and athleticism like SDSU all year. It's going to be tough sledding, for sure.

That said, I think we can pick our spots with the run with Sluka. SDSU hasn't faced a running QB like him (1,000+ rushing yards) all season. Chris Smith, our OC, has done a nice job mixing in some designed QB runs...but where Sluka probably excels the most is on the broken play.

Running game aside, it's going to be really important to get our skilled players the ball in space, as that's really the only way we'll be able to move the ball. I imagine HC will be breaking down the UNI and UND games for quite some time to see how these teams were able to move the ball effectively.

I actually think we can have some success on offense, but my fear is SDSU just methodically wears us down and beats us up throughout the game with their ground game. I'll be surprised if we don't hang around for a while, but this game feels like a 34-24 kind of game to me. If we had Jacob Dobbs in the middle of our defense, I'd probably feel differently.

In years past these types of QB's absolutely slaughtered SDSU, especially when they scrambled to buy more time to throw instead of scrambling to run. But this year SDSU has done a really good job of keeping scrambling/running QB's contained while also not giving them as much time to run around.

Hammerhead
December 6th, 2022, 01:45 PM
I get that SDSU is the number 1 ranked team in the country, but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking that HC isn’t ready for physical football. They played and beat Buffalo. They’ll be ready for physical football, it’s SDSUs speed on offense I worry about. They looked fast against Delaware.

Buffalo would be an average team in the FCS playoffs according to the Sagarin ratings which would have SDSU favored by about 13 points in Brookings.

ElCid
December 6th, 2022, 02:04 PM
Buffalo would be an average team in the FCS playoffs according to the Sagarin ratings which would have SDSU favored by about 13 points in Brookings.

But HC didn't play them at home or in Brookings. They played in Buffalo. SDSU would still be favored in Buffalo according to Massey. But, coincidentally, by just about the same amount of points as HC beat Buffalo. Hmm. Computers are just a general data point. Lots of intangibles not factored in.

NY Crusader 2010
December 6th, 2022, 03:36 PM
So if Jackrabbit fans were to pick something, what IS SDSU greatest weakness on defense?

Paladin1aa
December 6th, 2022, 04:21 PM
This will be ugly. Bunnies BIG !

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2022, 05:15 PM
So if Jackrabbit fans were to pick something, what IS SDSU greatest weakness on defense?

N Iowa hit them down the seam for some nice pass plays

JacksFan40
December 6th, 2022, 09:19 PM
Secondary is prone to giving up passing yards against good passing teams. UNI and UND both had success passing on us.

Sader87
December 7th, 2022, 09:04 AM
HC, as we saw last Saturday, is primarily a "running team" but we have a stable of very fine receivers: Coker, Asante, Shorter and Gilliam are all very solid in different ways when given the opportunity. We do seem to underutilize our TEs but that's more of a quibble of mine.

crusader11
December 7th, 2022, 12:55 PM
So is Malik Lofton a big loss?

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2022, 01:02 PM
I believe he is/was one of their starting CBs. DyShawn Gales is their best CB however... I'd assume they have depth there not a huge loss but certainly not a good thing for them if he's going to sit.

Kemo
December 7th, 2022, 01:29 PM

Malik has a ton of experience and has been solid this year, but he's not as athletic as the younger "back ups." He starts but rotates a ton with Dalys Beanum, who arguably is our best play maker in the secondary.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2022, 01:36 PM
Secondary is prone to giving up passing yards against good passing teams. UNI and UND both had success passing on us.

NDSU did too until we inexplicably tried to run out the clock with a half to play yet.xpissedx

I'd say if HC has any chance at all to win this thing Sluka's going to have to have a huge game passing wise!

JacksFan40
December 7th, 2022, 02:11 PM
We have enough depth to overcome it, as stated previously Dalys Beanum is better, and Steven Arrell will get more time as well.

It is a massive distraction though, players are fighting on Twitter with anyone who is reporting on it, not a good look.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2022, 02:49 PM
My name is Sluka
and I live on the second Floor

Jackrabbits are gonna regret they’ve ever seen me before

NDSU1980
December 7th, 2022, 04:19 PM

Do you actually think Stig won't find a way to keep playing him? I'm sure any suspension won't happen until after the season ends.

NY Crusader 2010
December 8th, 2022, 10:33 AM
Well, the absence of Lofton hasn't stopped the Vegas line on the game from ballooning from SDSU -14.5 to -18.0 as of this morning.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2022, 04:13 PM
If anyone is planning on traveling out to this game hopefully you get out of "Dodge" by Sunday. Looks like the Northern Plains are going to get hit by a major blizzard early next week.....

crusader11
December 9th, 2022, 07:25 AM
https://twitter.com/JackIllustrated/status/1600890898916978689

Lofton listed on the depth chart.

Chucker17
December 9th, 2022, 02:38 PM
"some good news!" = Adam Bock . . . is back.

bonarae
December 10th, 2022, 01:55 AM
with 2 of the other 3 QF games being close... but can Chesney overcome Stig now? Or are the Jacks too strong for the Crusaders?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 02:01 AM
with 2 of the other 3 QF games being close... but can Chesney overcome Stig now? Or are the Jacks too strong for the Crusaders?

I expect this game to be similar to Samford-NDSU. Chesney's coaching and HC's toughess, especially Sluka, will keep this respectable. However, I just don't see HC making enough plays in all 3 phases to seriously threaten. I have it 34-17....

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2022, 08:27 AM
Whats the latest spread on this game please?

Bill
December 10th, 2022, 09:12 AM

I'd recommend a whitefish salad.

dewey
December 10th, 2022, 09:20 AM

ESPN shows SDSU S -19 with o/u at 53.5.

Dewey

ysubigred
December 10th, 2022, 09:24 AM
I expect this game to be similar to Samford-NDSU. Chesney's coaching and HC's toughess, especially Sluka, will keep this respectable. However, I just don't see HC making enough plays in all 3 phases to seriously threaten. I have it 34-17....Rethinking my previous score.. SDSU can and has the capability to boat race the ole Ambulance company. My gut is now saying it might be close for a half.

KPSUL
December 10th, 2022, 09:44 AM

Maybe I missed some context; however, which two QF games did you consider close? Certainly the one played in Sacramento was close, the one in Fargo, not close. And the one in Bozeman? Well the W&M players looked completely disoriented, like suffering from Havana Syndrome.

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 09:45 AM
I'll be surprised if this isn't a one-score game going into the 4th quarter.

KPSUL
December 10th, 2022, 09:50 AM

Sincerely, good luck to Holy Cross in Brookings. You've proven to be be good at predicting FCS games; however, generally we are worst when predicting results for our own teams. I know that's true for me.

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 10:03 AM
I think SDSU is going to be surprised with how different and better the HC offense is now compared to 18 months ago.

I'm actually not worried about being able to move the ball (UNI and UND did), but I fear SDSU being able to grind the game away on the ground with these #605Hogs I've been hearing about.

MSUBobcat
December 10th, 2022, 10:14 AM
Big Holy Cross fan today. Another home game in a raucous Bobcat Stadium would go a long way toward getting us back to Frisco. Go Crusaders!!

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 10:52 AM
Lofton suspended for today.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:00 AM
Almost game time! Hopefully everyone enjoyed a little brunch in Brookings!!

Such not an intimidating environment....

Gangtackle11
December 10th, 2022, 11:02 AM
Cubby’s was the spot back in 2016! Tough sledding for Crusaders, but pulling for them! xpeacex

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:07 AM
SDSU definitely trying to assert themselves physically from the start....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:09 AM
SDSU gets the 1st on 4th and short...this could be a 10 minute drive....

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 11:13 AM
That’s a big win on the opening drive for HC!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:13 AM
No good! HC defense holds...

Their offense needs to do something though. HC's defense isn't going to last if there's many 6 minute drives....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:16 AM
Huge first down for HC!

FUBeAR
December 10th, 2022, 11:17 AM
No good! HC defense holds...Did they though?

Looked to FUBeAR that a dropped pass and a missed FG ‘held’

LOL … that said… we know SDSU’s Defense DEFINITELY did NOT!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:17 AM
TD Sluka! Gone!!

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 11:18 AM
Sluka about to announce himself to the country today.

Bisonator
Wow way to go HC!

crusader11
Did they though?

Looked to FUBeAR that a dropped pass and a missed FG ‘held’

Yeah, they held. That’s how football works.

Schism55
December 10th, 2022, 11:20 AM
Ohhhh my!

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
My name is Sluka
and I live on the second Floor

Jackrabbits are gonna regret they’ve ever seen me before

Just don’t ask me who that was...

Susan Vega

JacksFan40
Guess we decided we didn’t want to wait to let Mellott run all over us and wanted to let Sluka do it instead. Not sure why it’s so difficult to get the players ready for these games but whatever.

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 11:21 AM
Hah! Too funny.

crusader11
Just don’t ask me who that was...

Susan Vega

I was searching for this post. Nailed it.

Caribbean a Bob Chesney, Matt Sluka, and Homy Cross truther.

Bisonator
An onside kick? WTF!

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 11:22 AM
Boneheaded call by Chesney there.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:23 AM
Huge sack!

Utgrizfan
December 10th, 2022, 11:25 AM
SDSU got away with a block in the back there

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:25 AM
SDSU might be winning the war here in terms of TOP/plays run. HC's defense has been on the field the whole quarter....

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 11:26 AM
SDSU got away with a block in the back there

Big time.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:27 AM
HC's defense forces another FG attempt.....

After the onside kick and a 6 minute drive all SDSU has to show for it is 3 points.....

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 11:28 AM
Tucker needs to make that catch.

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 11:28 AM
SDSU might be winning the war here in terms of TOP/plays run. HC's defense has been on the field the whole quarter....

Nope. HC kicked off and will have the ball up 7-3 nearing the end of the quarter.

The HC defense has also shown they can tighten up when needed. A major red zone stop there.

HC has won the war through the first 12 minutes, IMO.

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 11:31 AM
They keep trying to hide it with camera angles, but lots of empty seats there. What's the attendance estimate? 10-12k? At most?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:31 AM
Sluka missed one there!

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 11:32 AM
They keep trying to hide it with camera angles, but lots of empty seats there. What's the attendance estimate? 10-12k? At most?
I’d be surprised if it’s above 7k.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:32 AM
Quick 3 and out for HC offense....defense has to go back out there....

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 11:33 AM
That O-Lineman ran with some fire there.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:34 AM
Yeah, HC is in trouble....

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 11:34 AM
I’d be surprised if it’s above 7k.

Well it is below freezing...and on TV.

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 11:35 AM
That was a nice catch.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:37 AM
I know HC held SDSU to a FG but this feels like some of the Michigan games I watched this year. The levee will break....

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 11:38 AM
Yeah, HC is in trouble....

Up 7-6 through one and get the ball to start the second after deferring.

Despite the offense leaving the defense out on the field for the bulk of that quarter, the defense has really shown up when it’s had to.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2022, 11:41 AM
I know HC held SDSU to a FG but this feels like some of the Michigan games I watched this year. The levee will break....

if it keeps on raining

Led Zepplin

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 11:42 AM
HC doing their best job at beating themselves.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:43 AM
Huge first down!

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2022, 11:44 AM
Middle looks open for HC

pass it

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 11:44 AM
Up 7-6 through one and get the ball to start the second after deferring.

Despite the offense leaving the defense out on the field for the bulk of that quarter, the defense has really shown up when it’s had to.

And success breeds success. Worse thing that could happen for SDSU is get stopped three times in a row. Now the HC D certainly might get worn down, but HC will not mail it in.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:45 AM
Go for it on 4th?

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 11:48 AM
Go for it on 4th?

Why not? They already have faith in their D and it was better than the last SDSU field position.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:49 AM
What a call! TD Cross! That was an incredible response after the fumble to start the drive....

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 11:49 AM
Go for it again.

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 11:50 AM
Imagine not knowing you need to keep a mobile QB in the pocket. God forbid our team game plan properly.

ElCid
That was sweet.

crusader11
Owl, where you at, my friend?

caribbeanhen
Beautiful play TD Holy Cross

Schism55
Bunny sphincters getting tight.....

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:51 AM
Owl, where you at, my friend?

Right here...60 minute game! Can they keep it up?!?!

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 11:52 AM
Right here...60 minute game! Can they keep it up?!?!

Just giving you some friendly ribbing.

HC isn’t scared.

Feels like an important series for the Bunnies coming up.

Gangtackle11
December 10th, 2022, 11:52 AM
Great call!xpeacex

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 11:56 AM
Davis is gashing the HC defense, maybe keep giving him the rock.

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 11:57 AM
Big bunny receivers making some nice catches.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 11:58 AM
Huge 4th down coming up for SDSU....

Wow, they give him the first....

crusader11
Hometown spot?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
TD Bunnies! They are just working over that HC defense...

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 12:00 PM
Like I said, they can’t stop Davis. Let’s keep running with him.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2022, 12:00 PM
SDSU will just wear them down with the run.

2nd half will be a rout.

nplang09
December 10th, 2022, 12:02 PM
Weird I could have sworn HC was winning. I think “working over” seems a bit much.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 12:02 PM
SDSU will just wear them down with the run.

2nd half will be a rout.

I tend to agree. HC is hanging in by using some smoke and mirrors. SDSU is just pushing them around....

WileECoyote06
December 10th, 2022, 12:04 PM
The seeding of the bracket was wrong (IMHO). xcoffeex

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2022, 12:09 PM
I think I need to rescind my previous statement:

I don't think there's a defense left that can stop MSU's offense.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
SDSU holds...huge possession coming up for both teams. Can HC get a stop?!?!

Bisonator
Why is Stiggy wasting timeouts???

Too many men on the field.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 12:14 PM
3rd and 11....and SDSU runs? Great stop bu HC!

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 12:14 PM
What a colossal stop by HC, and now get the ball back.

SDSU had the defense on its heels.

Bisonator
December 10th, 2022, 12:15 PM
Wow jacks looked like the Bison on that series. Stupid play calling and time management.

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 12:15 PM
If anyone wants an offensive coordinator we’ll give you Lujan for free, no questions asked.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 12:16 PM
Pick 6 for SDSU!!

Bisonator
December 10th, 2022, 12:17 PM
Wow big mistake by Sluka there and Jacks take the lead!

Guess it was tipped, WR should have had it.

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 12:17 PM
What an absolute gut punch.

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 12:18 PM
Jason Freeman is the prime example of why we need to go after the top players from D2/NAIA in the portal, not FBS rejects.

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 12:19 PM
Huge break for SDSU.

70MilesFromCanada
December 10th, 2022, 12:20 PM
Can you feel the avalanche starting?

Bisonator
December 10th, 2022, 12:21 PM
Sluka needs to take some shots down field.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 12:21 PM
HC has a good FG kicker....points would be huge here...

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 12:22 PM

Hmm. To be honest no. It may happen, but definitely not yet.

70MilesFromCanada
December 10th, 2022, 12:24 PM
That wasn’t a good FG kicker kick

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 12:25 PM
On target but short. Must be the temp.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 12:25 PM
HC played a helluva first half but ultimately I can't see this being in doubt late in the game.....time will tell...

HC has proven a point though! PL football at its best is still nationally relevant....

70MilesFromCanada
December 10th, 2022, 12:26 PM
On target but short. Must be the temp. Well it wasn’t because of altitude. 😜

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 12:27 PM

Not yet.

It may not feel like it, but HC out-gained SDSU in the first half and rushed for 103 yards. That’s already 30 more yards than SDSU gives up on the ground.

I thought SDSU could struggle with a mobile QB, and they have. We can’t run in between the tackles though.

If not for the pick-six, it’s a tie game at the half.

We are right there. Don’t see an avalanche, yet.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 12:46 PM
Second half underway....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 12:48 PM
Impressive first down for HC....did it running...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 12:51 PM
HC putting together a drive like SDSU had to start the game...how will it end?

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 12:52 PM
Sluka is one tough customer.

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 12:53 PM
Christ almighty, did we somehow forget that Sluka is a running QB? If we get through this game Tommy Mellott and Sean Chambers will tear us apart.

Pathetic showing by our defense.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 12:54 PM
TD HC! That was one helluva drive by HC. Easily their most impressive possession of the game. They just went MVFC football on the SDSU....

SeattleCat
Looking like a Bison/Bobcat rematch for the Chipper. I personally don't want it any other way.

crusader11
Gashed that top rushing defense on the ground that entire drive. Not one passing yard.

ElCid
Sluka is one tough customer.

He is a one man show. He is dangerous, but the situation for HC is dangerous injury-wise.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2022, 12:55 PM
No matter how this game turns out it's been quite the impressive showing by Matthew Sluka. The guy is a baller!

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 12:57 PM
The gap in coaching skill has been shown today, Chesney is coaching circles around our piss poor coaches.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 12:59 PM
HC took the penalty instead of 4th down?

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2022, 01:00 PM
Not exactly impressed with SDSU today.

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the club.

Gangtackle11
December 10th, 2022, 01:03 PM

I think its more you should be impressed by Holy Cross today. Very few would have called a tie ball game mid-3q xpeacex

Go...gate
December 10th, 2022, 01:04 PM
Cross is hanging in there.....

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2022, 01:06 PM
I think its more you should be impressed by Holy Cross today. Very few would have called a tie ball game mid-3q xpeacex
Maybe they'll only get ground into dust and lose by 20 to MSU next week, I dunno. xlolx

MSUBobcat
December 10th, 2022, 01:06 PM

I'm actually kind of liking what I'm seeing.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 01:07 PM
SDSU's defense is getting beat by one guy....this is crazy!

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2022, 01:07 PM
Oh my goodness, SDSU cannot tackle at all.

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 01:08 PM
It helps when you have the best player/athlete on the field.

uofmman1122
I'm actually kind of liking what I'm seeing.
I would too, if I were you. Tommy and Sean are going to combine for 300 yards on the ground next week.

UNHWildcat18
Sluka’s scramble ability literally is the offense, guy is on fire

ysubigred
December 10th, 2022, 01:09 PM
Nice.. HC is doing great. Jacks maybe choking or a bit unprepared for a hard nosed disciplined team like HC..

70MilesFromCanada
Sluka is no fluka.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
That mark makes up for the one SDSU got earlier...

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 01:11 PM
Holy Cross could tell our defense the play before it happens and we still won’t stop it. Absolutely pathetic showing by this team, we don’t deserve to win this. Stig winning COTY was the biggest joke in football history.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 01:12 PM
Going to start the 4th quarter with a 4th down tied at 21...

I thought HC would represent themselves and the PL well today...surpassed that threshold now. Will they have a chance to win with 5 minutes left?

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 01:13 PM
HC dominated that third quarter. I think they had the ball for every play with the exception of SDSU's three and out.

Bisonator
December 10th, 2022, 01:14 PM
Very impressed by HC need to kick the field goal here. Take the points and the lead. Your defense is playing well.

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 01:14 PM

Pretty much.

Lehigh'98
December 10th, 2022, 01:15 PM
Let’s go Holy Cross!

Gangtackle11
Fun game. Always great to see the heavy underdog in the game in the 4th quarter! xpeacex

uofmman1122
Oh my goodness, SDSU getting some big breaks.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Ugh....NG...two big misses. He has been one of the better kickers in FCS....

The Yo Show
December 10th, 2022, 01:16 PM
If HC had a good kicker they would be up 6 right now

70MilesFromCanada
That “good” field goal kicker must not be playing today. 🤦

Bisonator
Well guess they should have went for it lol

Thought they had a decent kicker?

JacksFan40
Incoming three and out, Davis will probably only get one carry.

Gangtackle11
December 10th, 2022, 01:17 PM
FCS kickers are a box of chocolates. xpeacex

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 01:19 PM
Woah, who’d of guessed we should be giving it to our RB who seems to be getting 10 YPC?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 01:20 PM
Davis is a beast....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 01:23 PM
Wow, what a monster first down by the SDSU TE!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 01:24 PM
Can HC force a FG?!?! With these two offenses, possessions will be limited from here on out...

Nope...TD SDSU!!

SeattleCat
December 10th, 2022, 01:26 PM
It was a nice showing by HC, but the Jack's depth will win this for them.

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 01:27 PM
Time to let Sluka play backyard football again...

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 01:29 PM
Is Rocky rooting for SDSU? He left out an audible groan on that kick out of bounds.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2022, 01:32 PM
I was searching for this post. Nailed it.

Caribbean a Bob Chesney, Matt Sluka, and Homy Cross truther.

Caribbean loves talent and Sluka ... they will write songs about him

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 01:33 PM
Sluka is going to get a penalty if he's not careful...keep grinding...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 01:36 PM
If I'm SDSU I go for the kill to make this a 2 possession game....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 01:39 PM
What a stiff arm!!

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 01:39 PM
That should just about do it.

70MilesFromCanada
December 10th, 2022, 01:40 PM
Every avalanche starts small.

A 14-7 deficit has become something else…

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 01:41 PM
Every avalanche starts small.

You actually think this game was an avalanche?

70MilesFromCanada
December 10th, 2022, 01:45 PM
Holy Cow started fast, no doubt. But the score since 14-7 says they having been running around effectively but not so much as far as scoring. Which is what matters. As a Minnesota Vikings fan I know what rope a dope football looks like but you gotta finish to make it work.

ElCid

Fantasies are sometimes fun.

uofmman1122
Uhhh, maybe I don't know the motion rules, but that sure looked like it should've been a false start?

Nice play, though.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
TD SDSU! That's curtains for the Crusaders helluva an effort but SDSU had more dudes on offense....

Let the Chesney watch commence....

70MilesFromCanada
December 10th, 2022, 01:48 PM

From 14-7 to 21-35 is a slow avalanche by definition.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2022, 01:48 PM
Nice showing by Holy Cross but you can't give the #1 team in the nation a pick 6 and miss makeable FGs, especially on the road, and expect to win.

That said they may have found a chink in the armor of SDSU's run defense that I'd expect the Bobcats to try to exploit next week. Mellott is a more dangerous running QB than even Sluka is.

Gangtackle11
December 10th, 2022, 01:52 PM
This concludes the East of the Mississippi participation in the FCS playoffs.

Good luck to the West teams left in the dance. xpeacex

Tank Edwards
December 10th, 2022, 01:55 PM
Hate to say it but my assumption is we get killed by MSU next week. Hope I’m wrong.

Bobcat99
December 10th, 2022, 01:56 PM
SDSU is good. Bobcats might only win by 21.

70MilesFromCanada
It’s proven again that scoring is the key to winning. It’s the only stat that counts.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Hate to say it but my assumption is we get killed by MSU next week. Hope I’m wrong.

Playing this HC team is the best thing that could have happened to SDSU imo. HC is much better than W&M. Especially when it comes to coaching, preparation....

POD Knows
December 10th, 2022, 01:57 PM
SDSU better clean up their act against a running QB because HC was completely one dimensional and they couldn’t stop him and the MSU QBs are light years better runners than Sluka.

Fordham
December 10th, 2022, 01:57 PM
Proud of you HC!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2022, 01:58 PM
Sad the final score really won't reflect how close this game was. It's actually going to be worse than I thought it would be...

70MilesFromCanada
December 10th, 2022, 01:58 PM
Now the full blown avalanche has arrived.

SoDakSA
December 10th, 2022, 01:59 PM
SDSU made Holy Cross one dimensional again... unfortunately that one dimension is really talented.

Props to the Holy Cross defense. Had they allowed TDs instead of the FGs this game would have been much different

- - - Updated - - -

Now the full blown avalanche has arrived.

More importantly...that is a cover!

70MilesFromCanada
December 10th, 2022, 02:00 PM
Sad the final score really won't reflect how close this game was. It's actually going to be worse than I thought it would be...

The score reflects exactly the game. If you can’t finish it’s all fluff. Holy Cow ran like a bull was after them but never escaped.

KPSUL
December 10th, 2022, 02:02 PM
Classless act that last touchdown with 45 seconds. Ruined a nice win by SDSU

70MilesFromCanada
December 10th, 2022, 02:03 PM

It’s the playoffs. Sub players yes. But nobody should let up ever.

SoDakSA
December 10th, 2022, 02:04 PM

Or, you know, HC could make a tackle

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 02:06 PM
Great game! SDSU just slowly wore us down. That said, to have had the ball driving in the 4th with the game tied is exactly where I thought and wanted to be.

SDSU just made the plays when they needed to.

HC has a chance to be even better next year.

Good luck against the Bobcats, Bunnies.

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2022, 02:07 PM
The only thing that makes me think you won't is that they have been a completely different team on the road.

They've only played 4 road FCS games this season, all against teams that sucked.

38-35 @ (3-8) EWU
37-14 @ (3-8) UNC
41-38 @ (3-8) NAU
72-28 @ (2-9) Cal Poly

But they do look like the best team in the bracket right now, so it's hopefully a good game.

bulldog10jw
December 10th, 2022, 02:14 PM
SDSU better clean up their act against a running QB because HC was completely one dimensional and they couldn’t stop him and the MSU QBs are light years better runners than Sluka.

Light years? Looking forward to seeing that.

Kemo
December 10th, 2022, 02:14 PM

Disagree completely.

It was 4th down and Holy Cross used 2 timeout to allow those :45 to be on the clock. You can't keep playing and bitch when the other team does as well.

Had the receiver fell down at the 1 yard line, Stig would have taken a knee.

MSUBobcat
December 10th, 2022, 02:15 PM
I would too, if I were you. Tommy and Sean are going to combine for 300 yards on the ground next week.

Don't forget Ifanse, who is rushing for 12 ypc in the last 2 games, 253 yards on only 21 carries.

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 02:17 PM

Totally disagree.

By taking timeouts, Chesney announced “we are still playing football” — SDSU had the entire playbook open on that 4th down.

Kemo
December 10th, 2022, 02:19 PM
Nice showing by Holy Cross but you can't give the #1 team in the nation a pick 6 and miss makeable FGs, especially on the road, and expect to win.

That said they may have found a chink in the armor of SDSU's run defense that I'd expect the Bobcats to try to exploit next week. Mellott is a more dangerous running QB than even Sluka is.

Jacks definitely need to clean it up next week if they want to have a shot, but Sluka isn't getting enough credit for just how good of a runner he is. He's an absolute freight train when he gets down hill and has the speed to boot. Mellott is an impressive runner, but he's a different kind of runner than Sluka as well.

kdinva
December 10th, 2022, 02:19 PM
Holy Cross for 40 minutes showed it was a top seven team.....

GoCatsGo84
December 10th, 2022, 02:20 PM
Light years? Looking forward to seeing that.

Yes… light years.

CopperCat
December 10th, 2022, 02:25 PM
Jacks definitely need to clean it up next week if they want to have a shot, but Sluka isn't getting enough credit for just how good of a runner he is. He's an absolute freight train when he gets down hill and has the speed to boot. Mellott is an impressive runner, but he's a different kind of runner than Sluka as well.

Chambers will run through contact, Mellott will look to make moves through the hole. A two headed monster that can also throw downfield.

crusader11
December 10th, 2022, 02:27 PM

I’d argue HC was / is better than W&M and Sanford.

Also, closer to 50 minutes. HC had the ball deep in SDSU’s territory with the game tied at 21. Just about everything went wrong and SDSU played bully ball with Davis the rest of the way followed a missed field goal.

No denying SDSU is a bit better, but this is a game HC could have won.

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 02:29 PM

No doubt. They were in it until late. Who knows if the ball hadn't bounced the right way on that tip INT and the FGs. But those are the breaks. I got a kick out of all the early thread posters predicting a complete blow out. It was far from it. Good game. I think SDSU will have its hands full next week. Mont St appears to be on a mission to enjoy stewed rabbit.

nplang09
December 10th, 2022, 02:39 PM
Yes… light years.

your homer is showing.

ElCid
December 10th, 2022, 02:41 PM
I’d argue HC was / is better than W&M and Sanford.

Hard to say when looking at teams with different styles. Anything other than playing the game is pure speculation. The HC D would definitely been a bit more rested against Samford due to their style of play. I think W&M just got overwhelmed by the travel, the weather, and a hot Mont St team. Play that game in Williamsburg and Mont St may have won still, but maybe by a much closer score. Nothing about W&M seemed normal. We've all seen teams go cross country and fold if they are not used to it. And W&M hasn't traveled out of the Middle Atlantic or NE since 2009.

Go...gate
December 10th, 2022, 02:41 PM
Proud of you HC!

Yep! They gave SDSU a hell of a battle.

Sader87
December 10th, 2022, 03:02 PM
HC got screwed as an #8 seed...but it is what it is....terrific season, looking forward to 2023.

Good luck Jackrabbits! Take it home this year!

KPSUL
December 10th, 2022, 03:05 PM
Disagree completely.

It was 4th down and Holy Cross used 2 timeout to allow those :45 to be on the clock. You can't keep playing and bitch when the other team does as well.

Had the receiver fell down at the 1 yard line, Stig would have taken a knee.

According to the ESPN play by play, SDSU called time-out twice on that last drive, Holy Cross once. That being the case they could have easily run the clock out. Maybe the 1st TO was recorded incorrectly?

1st & 10 at HC 23(1:39 - 4th) Mark Gronowski pass complete to Landon Wolf for no gain to the HCrss 23
(1:38 - 4th) Timeout SO DAKOTA ST, clock 01:38
2nd & 10 at HC 23(1:33 - 4th) Amar Johnson run for 1 yd to the HCrss 22
(1:32 - 4th) Timeout HOLY CROSS, clock 01:32
3rd & 9 at HC 22(1:23 - 4th) Amar Johnson run for 1 yd to the HCrss 21
(0:45 - 4th) Timeout SO DAKOTA ST, clock 00:45
4th & 8 at HC 21(0:39 - 4th) Mark Gronowski pass complete to Jadon Janke for 21 yds for a TD, (Hunter Dustman KICK)

FUBeAR
December 10th, 2022, 03:08 PM
Holy Cross for 40 minutes showed it was a top seven team.....Yep - the Crusaders proved today that they deserved to be seeded. W&M, on the other hand, proved the opposite last night.