PDA

View Full Version : Schools you're rooting for in the 2nd Round (R of 16)

mvfcfan
December 2nd, 2022, 08:04 AM
Curious as to who everyone is pulling for this weekend (not who you think will win). If I didn't choose your school don't be offended. This is all for fun.

S Dakota St
Holy Cross
Gardner Webb
Weber St
Montana
SE Louisiana
Furman
Sacramento St

Sir William
December 2nd, 2022, 08:15 AM
S Dakota St
New Hampshire
Gardner Webb
Montana St
Montana
Samford
Furman
Richmond

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2022, 08:23 AM
NEWARK HIGH!............BRAWK!

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2022, 08:24 AM
Furman
Mercer
Samford
Chattanooga

#DefundTheCommittee

Sitting Bull
December 2nd, 2022, 08:27 AM
Weber State

McCowboys
December 2nd, 2022, 08:43 AM
Since I don't have a dog in the hunt, I just want to see all close slobber-knocking, down-to-the-wire games.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2022, 08:46 AM
Furman is the favorite, so any of the underdogs.

crusader11
December 2nd, 2022, 08:58 AM
Holy Cross, obviously.

Then Delaware...obviously.

I really like the way Furman plays and want to see them win. That's a terrific football team.

Winterborn
December 2nd, 2022, 09:07 AM
NDSU
Delaware
Richmond
UIW

ST_Lawson
December 2nd, 2022, 09:17 AM
Since I don't have a dog in the hunt, I just want to see all close slobber-knocking, down-to-the-wire games.

This...exciting games that are fun to watch. If I do root for anyone, generally it'll be teams that are in the midwest or to a lesser-extent, out west....so, the XDSU's, the Montana's, Weber State, Sac State. Yes, I know some of them are playing each other, but just in general, that's who I'm rooting for. I really like both Weber State and Montana State, so I hope that's a good game to watch and I'm not going to be unhappy regardless of which team wins.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2022, 09:55 AM
NDSU
Richmond
UIW

Don't have much of a preference for the other games.

MSUBobcat
December 2nd, 2022, 10:04 AM
Holy Cross
UIW just so the resident troll crawls back under his ****ing bridge
Gardner-Webb
Delaware
Montana State
SE LA
Montana
Sac State

100%GRIZ
December 2nd, 2022, 10:21 AM
Holy Cross
UIW just so the resident troll crawls back under his ****ing bridge
Gardner-Webb
Delaware
Montana State
SE LA
Montana
Sac State
What he said!

JacksFan40
December 2nd, 2022, 10:27 AM
The ones I picked in the pick’ em

FUGameBreaker
December 2nd, 2022, 10:35 AM
Pulling for Incarnate Word and all the MVC and Big Sky teams.

MSUBobcat
December 2nd, 2022, 10:43 AM

So all the favorites. Where's the fun in that?

Jiggs
December 2nd, 2022, 10:44 AM
Samford
_urman
Montana
Ricmond
Holy Cross
Gardner-Webb
Delaware
Weber St.

JacksFan40
December 2nd, 2022, 10:45 AM
I think you’ve managed to make this entire board into temporary UIW fans this week, so good job I guess? UIW should hire you, they need help trying to get fan support in San Antonio.

Winterborn
December 2nd, 2022, 10:48 AM
I think you’ve managed to make this entire board into temporary UIW fans this week, so good job I guess? UIW should hire you, they need help trying to get fan support in San Antonio.

I was indifferent, now I am not. xlolx

Then again I usually root for the underdog in games outside of ones that NDSU is playing in.

FUGameBreaker
December 2nd, 2022, 10:49 AM

Mission accomplished then xthumbsupx

wapiti
December 2nd, 2022, 10:58 AM
New Hampshire
UIW
Gardner-Webb
Delaware
Montana State
SE LA
Montana
Sac State

Karl Havoc
December 2nd, 2022, 11:10 AM
South Dakota St - I don’t really care much about this game as I can’t picture Delaware keeping it within one score.

New Hampshire - Not sure why I’m leaning UNH, probably just because they’re the underdog.

Gardner Webb - Praying for a Weber State home game next weekend.

Weber - They’re my team.

North Dakota State - I have a NDSU National Championship ticket at +700. Otherwise, I wouldn’t mind seeing some chaos and I want the Big Sky to do well.

Samford - Every time I’ve bet on SLU this year they completely **** the bed. Every time I bet against them they play great.

UIW - I want to see as much Lindsay Scott as possible.

Sac State - Rooting for the Big Sky and they deserve some playoff success.

dewey
December 2nd, 2022, 11:24 AM
Delaware
Holy Cross
William & Mary
Incarnate Word
Montana State
Southeastern Louisiana
North Dakota State University
Richmond

Dewey

dewey
December 2nd, 2022, 11:25 AM
New Hampshire
UIW
Gardner-Webb
Delaware
Montana State
SE LA
Montana
Sac State

Wow. A Montana State fan rooting for Montana. Is that legalxlolx

Dewey

TribeNomad1
December 2nd, 2022, 11:37 AM
Delaware
Holy Cross
William & Mary
Incarnate Word
Montana State
Southeastern Louisiana
North Dakota State University
Richmond

Dewey

Finally a little love for the Tribe.

MSUBobcat
December 2nd, 2022, 11:39 AM

Dewey

I'm pulling for them also, with a disgusting taste in my mouth. But many Montanans actually will root for both teams except in the Brawl. I'm not necessarily one of those people, but I'll root for anyone to beat the Bison, for obvious reasons. Make no mistake, I'm pulling for the winner of SLU-Samford over whoever wins NDSU-UM.

MSUBobcat
December 2nd, 2022, 11:55 AM
Finally a little love for the Tribe.

You could infer a little love, or at least respect, for the Tribe from the MSU fans that want G-W to win so we don't have to play W&M. xthumbsupx

TribeNomad1
December 2nd, 2022, 12:21 PM
You could infer a little love, or at least respect, for the Tribe from the MSU fans that want G-W to win so we don't have to play W&M. xthumbsupx

Hear you. So many things can impact these games. At least in this round teams are facing more unknowns, short of MSU--WSU. We would have to pull for WSU so we are still at home. i

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2022, 01:01 PM
I can understand why most everyone outside of NDSU fans would want NDSU to lose but I'd also add that in the last 12 playoffs NDSU has either won the title or lost to the team that won the title so unless you're a Montana fan you should really be rooting for NDSU to win so your team can beat them. ;)

SDFS
December 2nd, 2022, 01:10 PM
Rooting against, NSDU and SDSU.. Other than that, I am just looking for good games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2022, 02:00 PM
NDSU
SDSU

This will be the Frisco matchup!!

Catbooster
December 2nd, 2022, 02:05 PM
Montana State
Delaware - need SDSU to lose to have any hope of hosting until Frisco.
Montana (but don't tell anyone) - How cool would it be to play Cat/Griz for the national championship?
Sac State - good for the conference and would like to see them get the "can't win in the playoffs" off their back.
Furman - I've always kind of liked them since they came to Bozeman years ago for a playoff game. I'll stick with it even though a very small but vocal minority of their fans make me want them to lose to shut down their trolling.
Gardner Webb/Holy Cross - I tend to root for underdogs/teams from conferences that everyone discounts.
Samford? - I really don't have much of an opinion on this one.

SeattleCat
December 2nd, 2022, 02:09 PM

Dewey

Only if it leads to a 2nd beat down at Cat/griz part deux.

FWIW I want the Bison next. I want us to slay the giant. Guess it'll have to be for the Natty again.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2022, 02:30 PM

Must be one if those friendly rivalries, I guess

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2022, 02:35 PM
Only if it leads to a 2nd beat down at Cat/griz part deux.

FWIW I want the Bison next. I want us to slay the giant. Guess it'll have to be for the Natty again.

I would worry about your game tomorrow first. You didn't exactly wipe the floor with them the first time around.xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2022, 02:40 PM
I would worry about your game tomorrow first. You didn't exactly wipe the floor with them the first time around.xcoffeex

Are the Griz going to stay in their 3-3-5 or stack the box and run blitz most of the game to try and slow down the run?

Montana State attacked the edges and steamrolled the Griz. NDSU also does this but is more of a between the tackles run team. I always enjoy how teams try and defend A gap power......most of the time they run blitz on obvious running situations.

SpreadTheWord
December 2nd, 2022, 02:51 PM
UIW I guess...

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2022, 02:55 PM
Texas State

jadmt
December 2nd, 2022, 04:24 PM
I'm pulling for them also, with a disgusting taste in my mouth. But many Montanans actually will root for both teams except in the Brawl. I'm not necessarily one of those people, but I'll root for anyone to beat the Bison, for obvious reasons. Make no mistake, I'm pulling for the winner of SLU-Samford over whoever wins NDSU-UM.
I always pull for the cats when not playing the Griz I have kids who graduated at both schools. I hope both teams win out this year. Be a great natty.

ngineer
December 2nd, 2022, 07:48 PM
Like to see Furman making a resurgence and, of course, Holy Cross to carry the PL banner well.

ElCid
December 2nd, 2022, 08:13 PM
I usually pull for the underdog, not just in the single game, but the program Cinderella stories, all else being equal.

S Dakota St/Delaware - I guess Delaware being the underdog, but no real preference.

Holy Cross/NH - HC

W&M/Gardner Webb - G-W, obviously the biggest Cinderella story. But I like W&M as well.

Montana St/Weber St - Weber, only because I'd like to see the long snapper be redeemed.

NDSU/Montana - don't have a preference really. Montana maybe?

Samford/SE Louisiana - Samford as a SOCON homer, but they have under performed for so long, they are probably due.

UIW/Furman - Again, as a SOCON homer Furman. But if you didn't know it, Furman sucks. Just to make sure everyone knows that. But I like UIW as well.

Sacramento St/Richmond - Richmond, but I like Sac as well.

ST_Lawson
December 2nd, 2022, 09:18 PM

You don't want to see a potential Brawl of the Wild rematch in Frisco?

UNHWildcat18
December 2nd, 2022, 09:30 PM
CAA schools
Montana State
Montana

Chalupa Batman
December 2nd, 2022, 09:35 PM
SDSU
Sac State
NDSU
Weber State
William & Mary
SLU
Furman
Holy Cross

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2022, 10:26 PM
I'd love to say he's afraid of one, but I have zero confidence the result would be any different. xlolx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 2nd, 2022, 10:37 PM
South Dakota State (as a Temple alum/Lehigh fan I struggle to root for the Hens)
Holy Cross (Patriot League's best team since Colgate in 2018)
William & Mary (love the institution, but I picked GW)
Montana State (former resident of the Bozeman area, nearly got a MPA from MSU)
NDSU (Mad respect for NDSU, I need to make another trip to Fargo!)
SELA (go with Public U.)
Furman (always had a lot of respect for Furman, excellent academic school)
Richmond (fan of U of R as an institution, great school)

MSUBobcat
December 2nd, 2022, 11:32 PM

I came to MSU in the midst of The Streak ('98) without even knowing what it was (and watched it end in the club of what I assume was the Adams Center, but I digress). Griz fans still bring the streak up, even though they're trending the wrong way. So while beating them in the chipper would be a fantastic FU One Time, FU 2 times FU all the time (or however it goes), I have a hard time rooting for them. And Bobbi has never shown us any respect so if he never won another game, I'm OK with that too.

NY Crusader 2010
December 3rd, 2022, 07:01 AM
HOLY CROSS
South Dakota State => I actually want to see how we stack up in Brookings Round 2
William & Mary => would like to see London and this group make a run for Frisco. QB is a local product from the Bronx and Iona Prep.
Furman => I really think this team might be Top 5, do they have a natty run in them? Big test today.
Montana State => If W&M and the Bobcats both win, I have a trip to Bozeman planned and I've never been to Montana. Drove XC twice but MT one of a handful of states I didn't hit.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2022, 07:50 AM
Delaware
Richmond
William & Mary
Southeastern Louisiana

tough break for CAA getting the top 2 seeds right off the bat

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 09:56 AM
The golden Buffalo.

The other 15 teams blah!!

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 3rd, 2022, 10:32 AM
Delaware - Hate SDSU, also, my Natty fantasy is to play Delaware and run a fake field goal play in the final minutes up by 30
Holy Cross - would be nice to see a Patriot team win a playoff game
NDSU
Samford - I think they are an easier out for NDSU than SELA would be
W & M
MSU - I want MSU in the Natty so I can relax and watch a blow out
UIW - Furman sucks
Richmond - It would be nice to have all home games for NDSU if they get that far.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2022, 11:26 AM
Delaware - Hate SDSU, also, my Natty fantasy is to play Delaware and run a fake field goal play in the final minutes up by 30
NDSU
W & M
UIW - Furman sucks
Richmond - It would be nice to have all home games for NDSU if they get that far.

haha that’s funny

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 11:28 AM
NDSU
W & M
UIW - Furman sucks
Richmond - It would be nice to have all home games for NDSU if they get that far.Ummm.. #Book it!! ???

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Catbooster
December 3rd, 2022, 11:57 AM
HOLY CROSS
South Dakota State => I actually want to see how we stack up in Brookings Round 2
William & Mary => would like to see London and this group make a run for Frisco. QB is a local product from the Bronx and Iona Prep.
Furman => I really think this team might be Top 5, do they have a natty run in them? Big test today.
Montana State => If W&M and the Bobcats both win, I have a trip to Bozeman planned and I've never been to Montana. Drove XC twice but MT one of a handful of states I didn't hit.
If they both win, I hope the trip works out for you. We might be able to find an extra beer or something for you at a tailgate.

Peems
December 3rd, 2022, 12:35 PM
As a Griz fan, I'm pulling for Sac St this weekend. They need to get off the snide of not winning a playoff game + they are fun to watch.

bulldog10jw
December 3rd, 2022, 03:47 PM
I'm glad Holy Cross won.