PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Playoffs Round 2: New Hampshire @ #8 Holy Cross

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2022, 04:25 PM
Game kicks off at 12PM ET on Saturday 12/3 and will be streamed on ESPN+. Here's how these two teams match up statistically (the number in parenthesis behind the stat value is the corresponding national FCS rank).

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52527350908_2b07416dab_z.jpg

Winner moves on to face the winner of Delaware @ #1 South Dakota St.

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 04:28 PM
In Wist-ah! In the snow? Who knows?

Utgrizfan
November 26th, 2022, 04:49 PM
Any else expecting a basketball type score for this game?

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 04:56 PM
Really worried about this game. UNH secondary is missing a lot of players and unlike Fordham...HC QB can crush you on the ground when needed.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2022, 04:59 PM
Holy Cross by a million

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 05:40 PM
Holy Cross by a million

That's a hell of an analysis

NY Crusader 2010
November 26th, 2022, 05:46 PM
Holy Cross by a million

Not happening. My crystal ball right now is unfortunately calling 41-37 UNH but HC should be VERY slight favorites in this one. UNH offense will have to be prepared to meet at least SOME resistance next week. Wouldn't surprise me if this game came down to a last second field goal or if a missed PAT in the 2nd half winds up making the difference. Note our kicker has an absolute leg and a half but is randomly somewhat shaky on short FG and extra points.

WrenFGun
November 26th, 2022, 07:10 PM
I think what's most exciting for me is a big New England matchup -- hopefully it will get some regional play in media outlets.

Pretty incredible turnaround for UNH -- Dreadful 2018, narrowly missed the playoffs in 2019 [first out], canceled 2020, lost 8 straight in 2021, now 9-3 in 2022.

--

I think Matthew Sluka is an absolutely terrible matchup for UNH. They have struggled mightily with the option keep with the QB for much of the season. Oddly enough they shutdown Matt McKay and did a pretty good job against Tyrell Pigrome, but got roasted by Kaysim Hill of URI and Joe Fagnano at Maine also had a big day. Neither are the runner that Sluka is.

Holy Cross somehow has just 4 turnovers all season, while UNH turned it over for the first time today in 5 games.

I'm not confident UNH can stop the QB keep, and if Sluka has to throw, he's got plenty of weapons against a depleted secondary. HC should win this game, but UNH has been playing with house money for weeks and has basically been in almost every game this season.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2022, 07:44 PM
Sluka wins it

KPSUL
November 26th, 2022, 07:47 PM
Yeah, sorting out the defensive back situation will be the Wildcat's biggest challenge this week leading into the game with Holy Cross. It would be great to see several thousand UNH fans make the short drive to Woosta.

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 26th, 2022, 08:14 PM
Yeah, sorting out the defensive back situation will be the Wildcat's biggest challenge this week leading into the game with Holy Cross. It would be great to see several thousand UNH fans make the short drive to Woosta.

Great win for you guys today, Laube looking like the best RB in the league, only a 99 mile ride from Durham should have a great crowd in Woosta. Long range forecast is 47F and chance for a shower, should be a good game, good luck guys, enjoy!!!

Fordham
November 26th, 2022, 08:35 PM
Impressed by both teams. I say HC by 10

KPSUL
November 26th, 2022, 09:30 PM
I was impressed with the Holy Cross team that beat Yale and Harvard a couple months ago, not so much by the team that has wallowed through one of the weakest schedules in FCS football over the past 6 weeks squeaking by Lafayette and Bryant. I was more concerned with Fordham coming into the playoffs.

The Cats
November 26th, 2022, 09:39 PM
New Hampshire

Skycop27
November 26th, 2022, 10:12 PM
In Wist-ah! In the snow? Who knows?

49 degrees, slight chance of rain.

semobison
November 27th, 2022, 08:36 AM
New Hampshire

Yep, easiest first two rounds in the whole damn bracket!

JoltinJoe
November 27th, 2022, 09:28 AM
The UNH/Fordham game was a very competitive game that would have been a nail biter until the end, except for the early turnovers forced by the UNH defense. I think it took Fordham a number of series to adjust the intensity of its offensive game to face a top CAA defense. Holy Cross is at home, which is a huge advantage, but cannot afford to repeat the early mistakes which cost Fordham. I see HC winning this so long as they don't spot UNH a couple of TDs early.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, easiest first two rounds in the whole damn bracket!

Ridiculous comment.

Fordham
November 27th, 2022, 09:41 AM
Ridiculous comment.

… particularly given the results of the other first round matchups

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2022, 09:46 AM
The team stats breakdown has been added to the first post of the thread.

semobison
November 27th, 2022, 10:08 AM
The UNH/Fordham game was a very competitive game that would have been a nail biter until the end, except for the early turnovers forced by the UNH defense. I think it took Fordham a number of series to adjust the intensity of its offensive game to face a top CAA defense. Holy Cross is at home, which is a huge advantage, but cannot afford to repeat the early mistakes which cost Fordham. I see HC winning this so long as they don't spot UNH a couple of TDs early.

- - - Updated - - -

Ridiculous comment.

Who has a an easier path to the quarters from yesterdays winners? Holy Cross is the lowest seed. Fordham had as bad a Defense I have seen from a playoff team! Defense matters in the playoffs.

semobison
November 27th, 2022, 10:13 AM
… particularly given the results of the other first round matchups

I picked Fordham. Great offense, no defense!
NDSU has won Natty’s with an average offense. Great defense has been the key to their success.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2022, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=semobison;3097863]Who has a an easier path to the quarters from yesterdays winners? Holy Cross is the lowest seed. Fordham had as bad a Defense I have seen from a playoff team! Defense matters in the playoffs.[/QUOTEdn'

Fordham was not the easiest draw in round one. As for Round 2, there is a price to be paid in playing the 8 Seed; IF you win, you get #1. You apparently didn't really get that simple concept when you decided to troll this thread.

WrenFGun
November 27th, 2022, 11:21 AM
Despite being from the same conference, and despite being in a 53-52 game, I think Holy Cross would much prefer to play a lower scoring game.

Both teams like to control the clock, and Holy Cross looks like they like to score in the 30's against their quality opponents [31 vs Merrimack, 30 vs Harvard, 37 vs Buffalo, 38 vs Yale]. They don't turn the ball over [just 4 INTs all season] and typically hold the ball longer than their opponent.

If I'm UNH, though, I'm looking at the games since the bye week. 3 point win @ Lafayette, 1 point win at home against Fordham, 7 point win at home against Bryant. Bryant threw all over Holy Cross in the second half, nearly coming back from a 22-0 deficit. I'm not sure I see anything on the page of the Lafayette game to take from it other than perhaps a poor performance.

I do wonder if Holy Cross is susceptible against the pass, though. May be the path to victory for UNH if there is one because they have consistently run all over everyone.

Sader87
November 27th, 2022, 11:30 AM
The loss of Jacob Dobbs (LB) for the season, and a couple other guys defensively for multiple games here and there, has really hampered the HC defense. Hey, it's football, and that's going to happen. I see that UNH, particularly their secondary is also pretty banged up. Those injuries should basically off-set one another....looking forward to a great game!

WrenFGun
November 27th, 2022, 11:38 AM
The loss of Jacob Dobbs (LB) for the season, and a couple other guys defensively for multiple games here and there, has really hampered the HC defense. Hey, it's football, and that's going to happen. I see that UNH, particularly their secondary is also pretty banged up. Those injuries should basically off-set one another....looking forward to a great game!

UNH is down their #2 and #3 CB, their #1 Safety didn't play and they lined up a WR at CB in the playoffs. No preconceived notions re: UNH's defense here!

JoltinJoe
November 27th, 2022, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=semobison;3097863]Who has a an easier path to the quarters from yesterdays winners? Holy Cross is the lowest seed. Fordham had as bad a Defense I have seen from a playoff team! Defense matters in the playoffs.[/QUOTEdn'

Fordham was not the easiest draw in round one. As for Round 2, there is a price to be paid in playing the 8 Seed; IF you win, you get #1. You apparently didn't really get that simple concept when you decided to troll this thread.

As you can see from this and his other comment, this comment was merely a self-absorbed means of bringing up NDSU in a thread which has nothing to do with NDSU. UNH/Fordham played the most exciting game of the first round, which detracts attention from NDSU, when of course everything should be about NDSU.

semobison
November 27th, 2022, 01:29 PM

Not trolling, CAA got some easy first round games because of regionalization. Davidson and St Francis wouldn’t win 3 games in the Valley. At least Fordham had a playoff worthy offense!

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2022, 01:35 PM
Despite being from the same conference, and despite being in a 53-52 game, I think Holy Cross would much prefer to play a lower scoring game.

Both teams like to control the clock, and Holy Cross looks like they like to score in the 30's against their quality opponents [31 vs Merrimack, 30 vs Harvard, 37 vs Buffalo, 38 vs Yale]. They don't turn the ball over [just 4 INTs all season] and typically hold the ball longer than their opponent.

If I'm UNH, though, I'm looking at the games since the bye week. 3 point win @ Lafayette, 1 point win at home against Fordham, 7 point win at home against Bryant. Bryant threw all over Holy Cross in the second half, nearly coming back from a 22-0 deficit. I'm not sure I see anything on the page of the Lafayette game to take from it other than perhaps a poor performance.

I do wonder if Holy Cross is susceptible against the pass, though. May be the path to victory for UNH if there is one because they have consistently run all over everyone.

Outside of the Fordham game, it looked like Holy Cross got bored once their conference schedule started. After playing Merrimack, Buffalo, Harvard & Yale in 4 out of their first 5 games it's pretty easy for young kids to go into cruise-control mode when you know your remaining opponents aren't nearly as good as the teams you've already beaten, outside of Fordham of course and they did a pretty good job of getting up for that one.

This looks like a pretty even matchup but right now I'm going with the home team in this one. The Holy Cross defense will offer much more resistance than Fordham's did and the offense will still put up a good number of points. I'm thinking something like 35-27.

semobison
November 27th, 2022, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=KPSUL;3097877]

As you can see from this and his other comment, this comment was merely a self-absorbed means of bringing up NDSU in a thread which has nothing to do with NDSU. UNH/Fordham played the most exciting game of the first round, which detracts attention from NDSU, when of course everything should be about NDSU.

No my point was Fordham had an awful defense. If they had an average defense they probably beat UNH.
Why did JMU make deep runs in the playoffs? They had a great defense!
UNH-Fordham was a good game, never said it wasn’t!

My opinion on NDSU this year? Defense isn’t as good as our championship teams and I won’t be suprised if we get knocked off, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we won it all either!

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2022, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=KPSUL;3097877]

Not trolling, CAA got some easy first round games because of regionalization. Davidson and St Francis wouldn’t win 3 games in the Valley. At least Fordham had a playoff worthy offense!
Also not trolling…

Not too sure Elon would win 3 games in the SoCon. They proved they could beat bad early-season Conklinized Wofford and FUBeAR might give this 6-2 in the CAA Elon Team, the Team that beat CAA Champ/#5 seed, W&M, and CAA 1st round ‘survivors,’ Richmond & Delaware, a slight edge over VMI, but with the way they were completely dominated up front by Furman, FUBeAR just doesn’t see another SoCon Team that the Phoenix could defeat.

The relevance to this thread, and also the point FUBeAR thinks semobison is trying to make (or maybe not) is those Davidson, St. Francis, and Fordham matchups just didn’t tell us a lot about the quality of the CAA, which, of course, reflects upon New Hampshire. The only tough opponent that a CAA Team faced in Round 1 blew them out in a physically dominating fashion. And, with UNH facing another Team, although seeded, whose body of work has been built mostly upon Teams about like Davidson, St. Francis, and Fordham, it’s hard to see that as particularly challenging…

So…it seems fair to speculate that UNH has the easiest route to the Quarterfinals, except FUBeAR can’t say for certain the the CAA overall is any better than the PL…so he would lean toward a bit different conclusion…perhaps beyond the scope of this thread, but it looks to FUBeAR that South Dakota State has been given an absolute cakewalk to the Semifinals.

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2022, 03:46 PM
This will be a game that I will keep an eye on. Edge to Holy Cross. 28-17 my score.

semobison
November 27th, 2022, 04:11 PM

WTF…You could trade place with Delaware and play them this week!

Skycop27
November 27th, 2022, 07:10 PM

This is a logical way of finding a telling angle for this match-up. (is logic allowed in these threads?). I attended UNH/Fordham game and it was obvious that UNH figured they needed 50 points for a win with a couple of turnovers/stops on defense. The weather now in Woosta Saturday is 52 and dry for game time. UNH shoots for 40 points, hopefully contains a very versatile and talented QB just enough to win by a score.

Daytripper
November 27th, 2022, 07:28 PM
The Cross.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2022, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=semobison;3097928]
Also not trolling…

Not too sure Elon would win 3 games in the SoCon. They proved they could beat bad early-season Conklinized Wofford and FUBeAR might give this 6-2 in the CAA Elon Team, the Team that beat CAA Champ/#5 seed, W&M, and CAA 1st round ‘survivors,’ Richmond & Delaware, a slight edge over VMI, but with the way they were completely dominated up front by Furman, FUBeAR just doesn’t see another SoCon Team that the Phoenix could defeat.

The relevance to this thread, and also the point FUBeAR thinks semobison is trying to make (or maybe not) is those Davidson, St. Francis, and Fordham matchups just didn’t tell us a lot about the quality of the CAA, which, of course, reflects upon New Hampshire. The only tough opponent that a CAA Team faced in Round 1 blew them out in a physically dominating fashion. And, with UNH facing another Team, although seeded, whose body of work has been built mostly upon Teams about like Davidson, St. Francis, and Fordham, it’s hard to see that as particularly challenging…

So…it seems fair to speculate that UNH has the easiest route to the Quarterfinals, except FUBeAR can’t say for certain the the CAA overall is any better than the PL…so he would lean toward a bit different conclusion…perhaps beyond the scope of this thread, but it looks to FUBeAR that South Dakota State has been given an absolute cakewalk to the Semifinals.

Furman looked very good last Saturday and I'd like to see them beat Incarnate Word this week. Elon was inconsistent through the end of the season and played much better at home where they went 6-0. I'm pretty sure no one is coming to this thread to hear how many SoCon teams you or anyone else thinks Elon woulda or coulda beaten in 2022.

And here's a no brainer, of course the team that plays the #8 Seed in the 2nd Round has the easiest road to the Quarter-Finals. But as I mentioned earlier, that leads to playing the #1 seed which more than compensates.

And yeah, FUBeAR is normally trolling. In fact, your Avatar IS a Troll. But having said that, I'd have to say your whole Shtick is pretty funny.

UNHWildcat18
November 27th, 2022, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=semobison;3097928]
Also not trolling…

You look at this stuff skin deep sometimes

Furman Yards 391 Elon Yards 315
Turnovers Elon 2 Furman 0

It's not like Elon didn't move the ball and Furman walked all over them. Elon failed to take the easy 6 points on two field goals early. Furman finished a few drives and Elon couldn't hell what the last Furman TD was after a turnover on downs late in the 4th quarter inside the 40

That being said Furman was a better team and played better with better coaching that's for sure. Literally no one is saying otherwise.

Also generally any ****ing team that plays the 8 seed has the "easiest road" to the quarters... the CAA isn't better than the PL? "not trolling" gimme a ****ing break.

If the Socon is so good how come they lose in the playoffs so god damn always? Hopefully they can change that this year but you haven't a final four team since when?????????? a long ass time

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2022, 09:53 PM
“skin deep” …as he throws out a coupla stats that are supposed to provide depth - LOL - FUBeAR was at the game, on the FU sidelines. Furman whipped Elon up front on both sides of the ball. The boys in purple were just having a ball out there - fun day at the office. Elon could not compete with any of the top Teams in the SoCon. They just don’t have enough in the trenches to get it done.

And the Avatar is not a Troll. Jeez… It’s a Bear in a suit of armor…like a knight…like a Paladin…and he’s leading a young Bear into battle…lots of textured meaning there for FUBeAR. Also, not skin deep. C’mon man!

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warriorsofmyth/images/e/ec/BEARZERKER.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130101044946

UNHWildcat18
November 27th, 2022, 10:05 PM
“skin deep” …as he throws a single stat that’s supposed to provide depth - LOL - FUBeAR was at the game, on the FU sidelines. Furman whipped Elon up front on both sides of the ball. The boys in purple were just having a ball out there - fun day at the office. Elon could not compete with any of the top Teams in the SoCon. They just don’t have enough in the trenches to get it done.

And the Avatar is not a Troll. Jeez… It’s a Bear in a suit of armor…like a knight…like a Paladin…and he’s leading a young Bear into battle…lots of textured meaning there for FUBeAR. Also, not skin deep. C’mon man!

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warriorsofmyth/images/e/ec/BEARZERKER.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130101044946

76 yard positive differential with 2 turnovers, congrats. I can't wait to see the **** you talk when a socon team makes a semi final. Maybe this year, but after looking at recent history, doubtful.

Also never stop using your 1 game Football math, it's super intelligent
If you find it hard to keep track with your fingers I have a link for you to help
https://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/path;sport=CFB;refresh=1

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2022, 10:22 PM
76 yard positive differential with 2 turnovers25 point positive differential with 2 sides of the ball for Elon getting their a$$e$ whipped.

This picture is highly indicative of just how these 2 Teams matched up…or didn’t.

https://dbukjj6eu5tsf.cloudfront.net/furmanpaladins.com/images/2022/11/27/Huff_TD_ImGzD.jpg

NY Crusader 2010
November 28th, 2022, 06:15 AM
This will be a game that I will keep an eye on. Edge to Holy Cross. 28-17 my score.

Zero shot we hold UNH to under 20 IMO. Wish we had the same defense we brought to Philly last year. Our offense has continued to get better each season beginning with spring 2021 and is now our strength.

My crystal ball says UNH 41 Holy Cross 37 but Chesney and/or Sluka seem to always find a way to win close games for us so wouldn't surprise me to see us pull it out.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2022, 07:23 AM
Zero shot we hold UNH to under 20 IMO. Wish we had the same defense we brought to Philly last year. Our offense has continued to get better each season beginning with spring 2021 and is now our strength.

My crystal ball says UNH 41 Holy Cross 37 but Chesney and/or Sluka seem to always find a way to win close games for us so wouldn't surprise me to see us pull it out.

wow, first post on this thread that makes sense

WestCoastAggie
November 28th, 2022, 07:33 AM
Never trust a PL school against a CAA program.

crusader11
November 28th, 2022, 07:35 AM
Never trust a PL school against a CAA program.

Fordham beat three of them this year.

crusader11
November 28th, 2022, 07:40 AM
The Dylan Laube v. Liam Anderson battle is going to be fun to watch.

I was reading that UNH's defense is pretty banged up. Curious to learn if the Cats expect to be healthier by Saturday or will still be without some of their key defensive players.

MR. CHICKEN
November 28th, 2022, 08:02 AM

........YAH....FIFTH/SIXTH AN' LAST PLACE.....AN' 5/6 WERE...NIPPERS DAT YOUSE BARELY ESCAPED.....GOOD SPIN DOUGH........xsighx.........DOODLE-D00!

OhioHen
November 28th, 2022, 09:33 AM
Close game but the Crusaders pull it out.

Terry2889
November 28th, 2022, 12:13 PM
The Dylan Laube v. Liam Anderson battle is going to be fun to watch.

I was reading that UNH's defense is pretty banged up. Curious to learn if the Cats expect to be healthier by Saturday or will still be without some of their key defensive players.

We'll be a hot mess on defense this weekend : (

FUBeAR
November 28th, 2022, 05:27 PM
You look at this stuff skin deep…It's not like Elon didn't move the ball and Furman walked all over them. Elon failed to take the easy 6 points on two field goals early. Furman finished a few drives…

FUBeAR was at the game, on the FU sidelines. Furman whipped Elon up front on both sides of the ball. The boys in purple were just having a ball out there - fun day at the office. Elon could not compete with any of the top Teams in the SoCon. They just don’t have enough in the trenches to get it done.

Know you don’t wanna hear what FUBeAR has to say. Take a listen to what this pundit says about what FU did to Elon up front…at the 18:10 minute mark until 21:25…it might sound familiar.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-bluebloods/id1479796246?i=1000587804964

BTW…no idea who this guy is…never heard him before. Sounds like he knows a good bit about Football though and is able to watch it without some of the partisan goggles y’all wear.

Gangtackle11
November 28th, 2022, 06:55 PM

That had a combined record of 10-23. Modify statement to read a good CAA team then they are 0-1. xpeacex

Skycop27
November 28th, 2022, 09:02 PM

........YAH....FIFTH/SIXTH AN' LAST PLACE.....AN' 5/6 WERE...NIPPERS DAT YOUSE BARELY ESCAPED.....GOOD SPIN DOUGH........xsighx.........DOODLE-D00!

I SAY, I SAY MR. CHICKEN, YOU DOOS YOUR THING NEXT WEEKEND SO US UNH WILDCATS PLAY HOST TO YOUSE IN 2 WEEKS! IT COULD HAPPEN - BRAWK!!

JacksFan40
November 28th, 2022, 10:52 PM
I SAY, I SAY MR. CHICKEN, YOU DOOS YOUR THING NEXT WEEKEND SO US UNH WILDCATS PLAY HOST TO YOUSE IN 2 WEEKS! IT COULD HAPPEN - BRAWK!!
Copying Mr. Chicken is a no no, and so is hoping Delaware beats SDSU.

ngineer
November 28th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Really looking forward to this game. Picking the Crusaders by two TDS. UNH will not be easy and will constantly be with sniffing range, by HC has too many options on offense and a much better defense than Fordham. Good luck for a great game. Holy Cross 38-24.

crusader11
November 29th, 2022, 11:42 AM
Really looking forward to this game. Picking the Crusaders by two TDS. UNH will not be easy and will constantly be with sniffing range, by HC has too many options on offense and a much better defense than Fordham. Good luck for a great game. Holy Cross 38-24.

HC's secondary, which was supposed to be the strongest unit of the defense this year, has been very susceptible to giving up the big play. I think we'll do a pretty decent job of containing Laube, but Brosmer is a good enough passer that he should be able to have success throwing the ball downfield.

UNH's defense didn't impress me much, and think HC will have little problem moving the ball. Wouldn't surprise me to see this game go 80+.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2022, 11:59 AM
HC's secondary, which was supposed to be the strongest unit of the defense this year, has been very susceptible to giving up the big play. I think we'll do a pretty decent job of containing Laube, but Brosmer is a good enough passer that he should be able to have success throwing the ball downfield.

UNH's defense didn't impress me much, and think HC will have little problem moving the ball. Wouldn't surprise me to see this game go 80+.

My name is Sluka and yes I think I’ve seen you before ... old song but Sluka wins this game

mvfcfan
November 29th, 2022, 12:01 PM
Holy Cross wins on the last play of the game and the fans storm the field.

Skycop27
November 29th, 2022, 07:28 PM
Copying Mr. Chicken is a no no, and so is hoping Delaware beats SDSU.

Me and Mr. Chicken are allies this week. And who wouldn't like to see SDSU lose but SDSU?

Skycop27
November 29th, 2022, 07:33 PM
Now looking like a wet Fitton Field with the fickle NE weather on Saturday. Turnovers = Equalizer.

Skycop27
November 29th, 2022, 08:39 PM
Another UNH

fun fact: in the team's first 5 games this year, sophomore QB Max Brosmer passed for 9 TDs with 4 interceptions. In the last 7, he has thrown 16 TD passes with 1 pick.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FixqztAX0AAVqbc?format=jpg&name=900x900

Terry2889
November 30th, 2022, 08:14 AM

#4 for you guys got picked on a little bit against Fordham, but of course our entire backfield was picked on by Fordham. Who knows at this point. On the UNH board I lamented that regardless of who wins this game, we are both in line for the guillotine next week. Neither one of our teams matches up well against SDSU at all.

KPSUL
November 30th, 2022, 07:06 PM
#4 for you guys got picked on a little bit against Fordham, but of course our entire backfield was picked on by Fordham. Who knows at this point. On the UNH board I lamented that regardless of who wins this game, we are both in line for the guillotine next week. Neither one of our teams matches up well against SDSU at all.

Let's go Blue Hens!! xbowxxhurrayxxsalutex 32706

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 09:08 AM
Looking like the majority of this game will be played in the rain. I think that favors HC.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 11:08 AM
Miserable day in Worcester but this should be a highly competitive game. I am interested to see how Holy Cross's defense matches UNH's athleticism on offense. The weather might help the Cross a bit. Even so, the Crusaders still lack speed on that side of the ball....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 11:12 AM
Really sloppy start. Muffed punt, slipping and sliding, Sluka just threw it right to a UNH DB and he dropped it...

Karl Havoc
UNH didn’t touch that punt lol

UNHWildcat18
That muffed punt call was ****ing horrendous

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 11:14 AM
That muffed punt call was ****ing horrendous

I agree! I thought there was clearly enough evidence to overturn the call. Missed FG so justice served....

deez_na
December 3rd, 2022, 11:14 AM
Lucky No score, NH got absolutely screwed by blind refs on that punt. No clue what replay they reviewed but wow it was clear he didn’t touch it

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2022, 11:15 AM
Slop fest but entertaining

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 11:15 AM
Gifted with great field position and come away with nothing. Really sloppy.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2022, 11:17 AM
I like the New England Feistiness of a crowd

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 11:17 AM
HC int! This game is going to be a comedy of errors...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 11:22 AM
TD Cross! Their OL looks real good!

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 11:22 AM
Welcome to smash mouth tough guy football, UNH. Heavy doses of Oliver, Fuller and Sluka all day.

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 11:24 AM
Oliver is fun to watch, getting some Mike Alstott vibes how he powers through the line.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2022, 11:27 AM
What was that

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 11:29 AM
The ole ambulance company looks pretty good so far [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 11:33 AM
Blocked punt for a safety! Could be a big momentum swing! UNH was going to get the ball in good field position regardless....

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 11:35 AM
Blocked punt for a safety! Could be a big momentum swing! UNH was going to get the ball in good field position regardless....

Will gladly take the safety, rather than UNH getting the ball 1st and goal at the 4.

This game is so sloppy in every which way.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 11:40 AM
Will gladly take the safety, rather than UNH getting the ball 1st and goal at the 4.

This game is so sloppy in every which way.

Holy Cross just returned the favor!

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 11:42 AM
Really. These kickers that take off running towards the LoS before kicking it.. who in the hell is coaching this up [emoji848]

SeattleCat
What was UNH's punter thinking there? If he runs 10 yards down field it will be a better punt? That blocks on him.

crusader11
UNH's front seven is small and slow...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 11:48 AM
HC keeps failing to take advantage of these opportunities....

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2022, 11:54 AM
Such a mess of a game…

SeattleCat
December 3rd, 2022, 11:57 AM
Impressed with Cross' Defense so far though, they look tough.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2022, 12:02 PM
Silver is good as gold

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 12:07 PM
UNH putting together a nice drive. Crazy, they could take the lead....

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 12:08 PM
Why wouldn't you wear gloves in a game like this as a pass catcher?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 12:11 PM
it is absolutely pouring....brutal weather...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 12:12 PM
The old 7-5 high scoring hockey affair brewing in Worcester.....tough day for goalies...

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2022, 12:13 PM
The old 7-5 high scoring hockey affair brewing in Worcester.....tough day for goalies...

we got ourselves a barn burner!

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 12:13 PM

Ha, I was going to say 7-5 through five innings. Starters are out and it's now a bullpen game.

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 12:15 PM
LOL.. Great baseball score..

The Defenses are dominant in this one.

An old linebackers dream to watch [emoji3060]

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2022, 12:19 PM
Why wouldn't you wear gloves in a game like this as a pass catcher?

syrup

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 12:20 PM
Another unsportsmanlike penalty on UNH....

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2022, 12:23 PM
That unsportsmanlike was such a joke of a call.

Terry2889
December 3rd, 2022, 12:30 PM
This is one of the worst games I've ever watched....

Pards Rule
December 3rd, 2022, 12:34 PM
7-5 Cross?

semobison
December 3rd, 2022, 12:35 PM
NH should feel fortunate to be down by only 2!

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 12:39 PM
Whichever team has the wind in the 4th quarter is going to be in the best position to win this game.

Laube has really been bottled up all game. Only takes one for him to break loose though. I expect to see even more screens and passes out to the flat for him. Running inside the tackles won't work.

Skycop27
December 3rd, 2022, 12:43 PM
Game totally up for grabs

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 12:46 PM
Game totally up for grabs

Mostly agree...but UNH hasn't shown that they can move the ball at all either through the air or on the ground.

Have a feeling we are going to see a ST or defensive score in the second half that might decide the game.

Skycop27
December 3rd, 2022, 12:49 PM
Mostly agree...but UNH hasn't shown that they can move the ball at all either through the air or on the ground.

Have a feeling we are going to see a ST or defensive score in the second half that might decide the game.

Stats are meaningless is this bizarre weather game. Only one that counts is the final score. Winner hosts Delaware. :)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 12:59 PM
Huge fumble recovery by HC! A 2 possession lead would a steep hill to climb in this weather....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 01:00 PM
Not only does HC lose the touchdown they lose Sluka for a play....

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 01:01 PM
That's targeting clear as day.

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2022, 01:03 PM
That's targeting clear as day.

QB leaned down with his helmet. Shouldn’t be targeting, he wasn’t defenseless. Would have been his shoulder if sluka didn’t lean into it. Then again Holy Cross has had every call go their way, so why not keep it going.

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 01:05 PM
QB leaned down with his helmet. Shouldn’t be targeting, he wasn’t defenseless. Would have been his shoulder if sluka didn’t lean into it. Then again Holy Cross has had every call go their way, so why not keep it going.

They can send the video of that play straight to college football training for officials. Couldn't have been clearer that it was targeting. Launched the crown of his helmet right at Sluka.

Anywho, UNH seemed to pack it in after that call for the rest of that drive. Their front seven is soft.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 01:06 PM
TD Cross! HC owning the LOS! UNH is in deep poo now...

Fordham
December 3rd, 2022, 01:07 PM
Let’s goooo HC!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 01:12 PM
HC with an INT after a tipped pass! Long return has them back in business...

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 01:20 PM
21-5.

Hard to see UNH mounting a comeback. Their offense hasn't been able to do anything all game.

How undisciplined is the UNH team? A bunch of after-the-whistle penalties.

Terry2889
December 3rd, 2022, 01:21 PM
Well it was a nice season haha! Honestly I think that the UNH defense has played pretty well seeing as we have 5 turnovers....

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2022, 01:22 PM
21-5.

Hard to see UNH mounting a comeback. Their offense hasn't been able to do anything all game.

How undisciplined is the UNH team? A bunch of after-the-whistle penalties.

First one the Niko and the OL disengaged and he tripped over Sluka’s leg after a step. We didn’t even get to see the second one.. pretty soft calls by the ref IMO

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 01:23 PM
That should be curtains for the 'Cats!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 01:28 PM
Well, i might have spoke too soon! Helluva drive by UNH! Game on!

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2022, 01:29 PM
Easy drive for the UNH TD

RabidRabbit
December 3rd, 2022, 01:31 PM
Stats are meaningless is this bizarre weather game. Only one that counts is the final score. Winner hosts Delaware. :)Better hope that Blue Hens prevail in Brookings today, because either of these teams will be thumped by Rabbits.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Terry2889
December 3rd, 2022, 01:33 PM
Better hope that Blue Hens prevail in Brookings today, because either of these teams will be thumped by Rabbits.

Well duh!

- - - Updated - - -

Well duh!

You don't think Delaware would be licking their chops at these two teams?

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 01:34 PM
Better hope that Blue Hens prevail in Brookings today, because either of these teams will be thumped by Rabbits.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using TapatalkNot sure either team could beat WIU..

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2022, 01:37 PM
Not sure either team could beat WIU..

kinda hard to judge teams playing in a wind filled downpour

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2022, 01:37 PM
Not sure either team could beat WIU..

.....BUT 'GUINS SURE DID.....28-27......BRAWK!

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 01:38 PM
.....BUT 'GUINS SURE DID.....28-27......BRAWK!Yup proved my point deep fried..

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2022, 01:40 PM
Yup proved my point deep fried..

HERE'S MAH POINT.......YOUSE BEAT AN 0-11....28-27.................AWK!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 01:43 PM
TD HC!

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 01:44 PM
PAT makes it a three score game at 28-11.

That should just about do it.

Physically dominated UNH at the LOS all game.

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 01:46 PM
HERE'S MAH POINT.......YOUSE BEAT AN 0-11....28-27.................AWK!Yup 0-11 probably stronger than 9-3 up norff BWAKKKK [emoji2958]

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2022, 01:46 PM
PAT makes it a three score game at 28-11.

That should just about do it.

Physically dominated UNH at the LOS all game.

I wouldn’t say all game on either side but pretty hard when the UNH DL plays the entire game. Fair play to HC though, they are going to win. Regardless of anything in game, you either win or you lose, which is all that matters

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 01:50 PM
I wouldn’t say all game on either side but pretty hard when the UNH DL plays the entire game. Fair play to HC though, they are going to win. Regardless of anything in game, you either win or you lose, which is all that matters

As of this posting (10:20 remaining in the game), UNH has 22 rushing yards and HC has 237 rushing yards. HC defensive line and offensive line manhandled UNH.

More often than not, if you win in the trenches you win the game, and HC won this battle handily.

Skycop27
December 3rd, 2022, 01:52 PM

Well, if you do face Holy Cross, someone needs to put a bounty on QB #9.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 01:53 PM
4th and 23 and no chance for UNH....that should be the game....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 01:57 PM
TD HC! Pretty dominating performance....

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 01:57 PM
Well, if you do face Holy Cross, someone needs to put a bounty on QB #9.

xdrunkyx

Pards Rule
December 3rd, 2022, 02:01 PM
Congrats to our fellow Pariot League Crusaders...onto Brookings SD

Terry2889
December 3rd, 2022, 02:03 PM
Great job by HC considering the conditions today. Only one turnover in that weather is impressive. It's pretty obvious that UNH did not have a very good game plan coming in and was either unwilling, or unable to make the necessary adjustments. Great season for the 'Cats and it looks like our future is bright.

Pards Rule
December 3rd, 2022, 02:06 PM
Over 300 yards on ground for Cross

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2022, 02:19 PM
Congrats HC! Totally outplayed UNH today! Great win for the Crusader program and the PL....

Now they get their chance to solidify their place in lore. Chesney gets his shot against a coach who has a history of choking....

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 02:27 PM
I thought UNH was going to present a bigger challenge today. As I mentioned, I think the sloppier conditions played to HC's advantage as it made ball control and the ground game a premium.

Rushing the ball 55 times versus 16 passes is the story of the day. UNH couldn't control the ground attack of Sluka and Oliver.

I'd like to think Fordham softened UNH up for us...or maybe they're just a soft team. I know that's disrespectful to say, but I didn't see a whole lot of toughness from UNH today. They were pushed around and didn't punch back (well, they did after the whistle).

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2022, 03:14 PM
...SHOODAH LET NEW HAMPSHIRE WIN.......'CAUSE YOU'LL.......BE IN BROOKIN'S NEXT FRIDAY/SATURDAY.......MAY GOD HAVE MERCY.......BRAWK!

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 03:15 PM
...SHOODAH LET NEW HAMPSHIRE WIN.......'CAUSE YOU'LL.......BE IN BROOKIN'S NEXT FRIDAY/SATURDAY.......MAY GOD HAVE MERCY.......BRAWK!

And UD should've hired Bob Chesney...

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2022, 03:20 PM

COACH AIN'T DUH PROBLEM......QB......BELONGS IN UH CHINA CABINET.....HE'S GOOD.....BUT FRAGILE......OURAH DEFENSE AIN'T CHICKEN SALAD.......BUT JAX........ARE THAT BIG/STRONG....DEY'RE RB'S....COOD BE LINEMAN.........YOU'LL SEE......DON'T FO'GET DUH LONGJOHNS.......AWK!

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 06:35 PM
COACH AIN'T DUH PROBLEM......QB......BELONGS IN UH CHINA CABINET.....HE'S GOOD.....BUT FRAGILE......OURAH DEFENSE AIN'T CHICKEN SALAD.......BUT JAX........ARE THAT BIG/STRONG....DEY'RE RB'S....COOD BE LINEMAN.........YOU'LL SEE......DON'T FO'GET DUH LONGJOHNS.......AWK!Hmmm. 0-11 WIU lost 34 -10 to SDSU.. 42-6 over a 9-3 CAA team.. Using your comp 0-11 MVFC team would be a tougher out just sayin..

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 06:44 PM
It's lazy analysis / thinking to see the PL patch on a jersey and automatically think inferiority.

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 07:19 PM
It's lazy analysis / thinking to see the PL patch on a jersey and automatically think inferiority.I'm digging yous guys [emoji106] need to get YSU on the OOC.

crusader11
December 3rd, 2022, 07:25 PM
I'm digging yous guys [emoji106] need to get YSU on the OOC.

I like our OOC for the most part, but would love to subtract an NEC opponent for a good program out west. Our current OOC makeup seems to consist of FBS, two Ivys, and an NEC.

Next year is very challenging with BC and Army on the slate.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2022, 08:15 PM

How long would he be there if they did?

Carty needs to recruit hard and hit on some big talent

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2022, 08:29 PM
How long would he be there if they did?

Carty needs to recruit hard and hit on some big talent

I don’t expect Chesney to be there for long, an excellent coach. He will be gone soon! If I were BC I’d be offering him triple as soon as they lose to SDSU next week

NY Crusader 2010
December 4th, 2022, 07:28 AM
I don’t expect Chesney to be there for long, an excellent coach. He will be gone soon! If I were BC I’d be offering him triple as soon as they lose to SDSU next week

Just like we dodged the bullet last year with Delaware and you guys deciding to hire within your own alumni circles, we're lucky that BC gave Hafley an extension after a lukewarm 7-5 2021 season. Not sure if it's three or four years but I think the assumption is that BC isn't going to pay 2 coaches for multiple years. So I think at earliest, the BC job will be in play after the 2023 season.

The other rumor was that Dino Babers would not be brought back next year at Syracuse after this year's late season collapse. Now it sounds like he will return, barring a disastrous performance in a bowl game.

You guys have a winner in Santos...he's the "next Chesney" in New England and should have you guys regularly winning at the level he won at as a player in Durham.

NY Crusader 2010
December 4th, 2022, 07:34 AM
Great job by HC considering the conditions today. Only one turnover in that weather is impressive. It's pretty obvious that UNH did not have a very good game plan coming in and was either unwilling, or unable to make the necessary adjustments. Great season for the 'Cats and it looks like our future is bright.

I don't think the game plan was necessarily the problem. What hurt you guys offensively early on, and is why you guys only managed 50 total yards in the 1st half, was that the pick on your first play from scrimmage took away your confidence in calling any pass plays in the rain. It wasn't until your last drive of the half, ending in the FG, where you guys figured out that setting up screens for Laube, and hitting the TE that we refused to cover, were options that worked. And you ran one option play that didn't net a ton of yards but was executed beautifully, and then never seen again. We put more pressure on your QB than I thought we would. And your defensive front just got worn down in the third quarter -- solid job in the first half not allowing us to finish drives. 4 trips inside the 25 = 7 points for Holy Cross in the 1st half with 2 missed FG (25 and 41) and a fumbled snap on a short FG attempt to end half.

UNHWildcat18
December 4th, 2022, 07:40 AM
Just like we dodged the bullet last year with Delaware and you guys deciding to hire within your own alumni circles, we're lucky that BC gave Hafley an extension after a lukewarm 7-5 2021 season. Not sure if it's three or four years but I think the assumption is that BC isn't going to pay 2 coaches for multiple years. So I think at earliest, the BC job will be in play after the 2023 season.

The other rumor was that Dino Babers would not be brought back next year at Syracuse after this year's late season collapse. Now it sounds like he will return, barring a disastrous performance in a bowl game.

You guys have a winner in Santos...he's the "next Chesney" in New England and should have you guys regularly winning at the level he won at as a player in Durham.

Ah maybe he will be around another year or two if the New England/New York FBS schools aren’t hiring yet. I’m not sure if he will get interest from FBS schools way out west but who knows. Yeah Santos is going to be great. What he did in 1 season after going 3-8 is pretty remarkable. Excited to see what the team looks like in another 2 years. Both of our schools winning a lot is important for FCS football in the northeast. No problem with losing yesterday, just wish it wasn’t a **** show.

Bill
December 4th, 2022, 08:02 AM
Ah maybe he will be around another year or two if the New England/New York FBS schools aren’t hiring yet. I’m not sure if he will get interest from FBS schools way out west but who knows. Yeah Santos is going to be great. What he did in 1 season after going 3-8 is pretty remarkable. Excited to see what the team looks like in another 2 years. Both of our schools winning a lot is important for FCS football in the northeast. No problem with losing yesterday, just wish it wasn’t a **** show.

Had to chuckle at this...I always have fun with my college students on this one, because most of them can't name those schools - and they barely take up more than one hand! :)