PDA

View Full Version : Did Montana 'BUY' its way into Playoffs?

FUGameBreaker
November 21st, 2022, 10:51 PM
Holy Crap!

This team is awful, 7-4 with 7 absolute crap wins, what in the hellllll!

The FCS Committee has no shame and zero morals!

I mean dang, just look at this resume.........
https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/149/montana-grizzlies

https://media.tenor.com/AQz3_zaiD14AAAAM/hysterical-laughter.gif

FUGameBreaker
November 21st, 2022, 10:56 PM
Delaware as well, what in the heck jeeeeppperssss!

Bought their way in:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/48/delaware-blue-hens

And they have an easier first round game than Furman xrotatehx

FUGameBreaker
November 21st, 2022, 10:59 PM
The financial state of FCS football must be a mess to be run in this fashion, playoffs to the highest bidder

https://media.tenor.com/SKRcWlLOJWoAAAAC/wallet-broke.gif

- - - Updated - - -

https://media.tenor.com/o-vd-iZTi10AAAAC/broke-money.gif

- - - Updated - - -

https://media0.giphy.com/media/ZGH8VtTZMmnwzsYYMf/giphy.gif

- - - Updated - - -

https://media.tenor.com/suzaY92_rxkAAAAC/bankrupt-poor.gif

FUGameBreaker
November 21st, 2022, 11:02 PM
And to top it all off the program that thinks of itself to be the FCS elite, NDSU, is actually too broke to even turn FBS xlolx

https://c.tenor.com/O4LRqyZtUtgAAAAC/dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

uofmman1122
November 21st, 2022, 11:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFH7ft3XkAArfR9?format=jpg&name=small

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2022, 06:07 AM
At least Montana isn’t an East Coast team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WrenFGun
November 22nd, 2022, 06:12 AM
At least Delaware beat an FBS team. Montana is a joke.

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2022, 06:45 AM
...TRUE DAT....WE CAN RAISE DUH DUCATS.........BUT WE SUNK DUH NAVY.......WHOM SCARED DUH CABBAGE....OUTTAH DUH DOMERS........&....KNOCKED OFF #20....CENTRAL FLORIDA........BRAWK!

Gil Dobie
November 22nd, 2022, 07:15 AM
I miss the real Furman fans like Ol FU.

katss07
November 22nd, 2022, 07:46 AM
At least Delaware beat an FBS team. Montana is a joke.
That’s alright, the meltdown from Griz fans will be better when they lose to SEMO than it would’ve been had they missed the playoffs altogether.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2022, 09:44 AM
That’s alright, the meltdown from Griz fans will be better when they lose to SEMO than it would’ve been had they missed the playoffs altogether.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Montana beat SEMO honestly.

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2022, 09:50 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/pV3z0Vbh/Salty.jpg

deez_na
November 22nd, 2022, 10:01 AM
Seems so, 6-5 teams have made playoffs many times and UC Davis should have absolutely been selected before Montana. If Montana beat one decent team even then I could maybe get on board with it.

katss07
November 22nd, 2022, 10:38 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Montana beat SEMO honestly.
With a freshman QB starting? After last week’s performance? Nah. Hess and DeLaurent gonna run it right down their throats all game long.

Montana is winless against teams with winning records. No reason to pick them.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2022, 10:52 AM
With a freshman QB starting? After last week’s performance? Nah. Hess and DeLaurent gonna run it right down their throats all game long.

The game is in Missoula. That's plenty of reason.

The only team with a winning record SEMO beat is Lindenwood. So that piece of logic is a wash.

That SIU win doesn't carry as much weight as it did in September.

SeattleCat
November 22nd, 2022, 10:56 AM

The only team with a winning record SEMO beat is Lindenwood. So that piece of logic is a wash.

Montana isn't as bad as we made them look. We have a smart coach that took advantage to the over-aggressiveness by their defense, we used what they did well against them. If SEMO can't find a chink in the armor to expose, the griz will smash them.

katss07
November 22nd, 2022, 11:00 AM

Montana had four chances to beat such teams this year. SEMO had two. SIU win holds more weight than anything Montana has done this year. Montana got in based on name and fanbase. I’m not picking them to beat an actual playoff team.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2022, 11:01 AM
Montana isn't as bad as we made them look. We have a smart coach that took advantage to the over-aggressiveness by their defense, we use what they did well against them. If SEMO can't find a chink in the armor to expose, the griz will smash them.
I agree. I think Montana's stock is being undervalued because of you guys. Games flow different. I don't think we're as bad as our SELA loss would indicate but it is what it is and you just have to draw your own conclusions.

I think if SEMO can get the ground game rolling and convert third downs, it will be a long day for the Griz, but I think the Griz can get enough stops that they can win a close one at home. Third downs and scoring TDs in the RedZone will be the difference in this game, and I like the Griz here.

But maybe this conversation would be better off in the game thread.

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2022, 11:04 AM
Montana had four chances to beat such teams this year. SEMO had two. SIU win holds more weight than anything Montana has done this year. Montana got in based on name and fanbase. I’m not picking them to beat an actual playoff team.
The four teams Montana lost to are all better than any FCS team SEMO played. Comparing SIU, EKU and Lindenwood to Idaho, Weber, MSU and Sac State is pretty hilarious.

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2022, 11:06 AM

Winning records in weak conferences don’t mean much once the playoffs start

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2022, 11:09 AM
This. This all day.

katss07
November 22nd, 2022, 11:10 AM
Fair. Just like Montana’s .500 record in a strong conference no longer matters. I’m still not picking Montana after watching the Brawl and if they blow SEMO out then **** I’ll just have some crow to eat I guess.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2022, 11:11 AM
Fair. Just like Montana’s .500 record in a strong conference no longer matters. I’m still not picking Montana after watching the Brawl and if they blow SEMO out then **** I’ll just have some crow to eat I guess.
If this was a John Grass OVC Jax State team, would you be picking us to beat Montana?

katss07
November 22nd, 2022, 11:15 AM
If this was a John Grass OVC Jax State team, would you be picking us to beat Montana?
Hell no.

POD Knows
November 22nd, 2022, 11:16 AM
Montana doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs but will beat SEMO by 10+, if that happens, what does that tell you? Montana doesn't seem to be a very good football team but a night game, in Missoula, in the cold, pretty much on uphill battle for SEMO.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2022, 11:17 AM
Hell no.
So you're picking SEMO because?

katss07
November 22nd, 2022, 11:18 AM
So you're picking SEMO because?
Not coached by John Grass

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2022, 11:24 AM

If SEMO somehow wins the game fine by me but I’m thinking Vegas will see that as a pretty big upset

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2022, 11:25 AM
Not coached by John Grass
Fair. But John Grass won the conference 6 out of 7 times he coached in it. So, maybe picking the teams John Grass spent his coaching career dunking on isn't the best choice.

SeattleCat
November 22nd, 2022, 11:26 AM
Montana doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs but will beat SEMO by 10+, if that happens, what does that tell you? Montana doesn't seem to be a very good football team but a night game, in Missoula, in the cold, pretty much on uphill battle for SEMO.

I agree with this, but the problem is a 24 team playoff.... it should only be 16.

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2022, 11:41 AM
I agree with this, but the problem is a 24 team playoff.... it should only be 16.

.....YER RIGHT.....SHOOD BE 32........WHAA WE HERE IFIN' NOT FO' FOOTBALL GAMES...???...YOUSE CAN GET POLITICS & FUNNY PIX & BBQ RUB....ANYWHERE........xsighxxsighxxsighx......... ..DOODLE-DOO!!!!!!!

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2022, 11:47 AM
If SEMO somehow wins the game fine by me but I’m thinking Vegas will see that as a pretty big upset

Massey has the Griz as 74% favorites with a predicted margin of victory of 10 points. Seems a stretch to me, but you are probably right that Vegas will have them as a decent point favorite.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2022, 07:41 AM
How would you like it cooked?

Utgrizfan
November 27th, 2022, 08:16 AM
Man some triggered fans in here, we lost to Weber by 3 with a backup QB and should have beat SAC if not for a terrible ref call. Idaho isnt a bad team, the only bad loss we had was MSU and we showed we earned it by beating a good SEMO team, maybe work on improving your conferences (like the Big Sky has) and you will have a right to complain.

CorrosionDoc
November 27th, 2022, 09:36 AM
As much as I loved seeing my Bobcats throttle the Griz last week, it's obvious that a middle-tier Big Sky team is on par with, and usually better than, the best a conference like the OVC can produce. Every year, there are howls of complaints about how many teams the CAA, Big Sky, and Missouri Valley get in. A rational person would understand this is why the other conferences usually get one team in the postseason.

katss07
November 27th, 2022, 02:10 PM
How would you like it cooked?
I should be getting cooked, props to Montana. They shocked me with that win yesterday.