PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Playoffs Round 1: Southeast Missouri State @ Montana

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2022, 12:13 PM
Game kicks off at 8PM MT on Saturday 11/26 and will be televised nationally on ESPN2. Here's how they break down statistically (the number in parentheses is each team's FCS rank in that particular category).

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52512951835_8b1d20a46c_z.jpg

Winner moves on to face #3 North Dakota State.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 20th, 2022, 12:15 PM
Not only did Montana get in but their game being on ESPN2 clearly reflects the various metrics that are used. This is all about drawing eyeballs to an environment....

The Cats
November 20th, 2022, 12:59 PM
Southeast Missouri State wins

JacksFan40
November 20th, 2022, 01:06 PM
Montana is going to be reeling after that beating in Bozeman, they’d better be ready to go because SEMO is very good this year. Playing at Washington-Grizzly could give Montana the edge. Tough one to pick.

Libertine
November 20th, 2022, 01:09 PM
SEMO is in the very rare position of having to justify their presence in the playoffs due to a coin flip. I think they do.

ElCid
November 20th, 2022, 01:15 PM
Montana is going to be reeling after that beating in Bozeman, they’d better be ready to go because SEMO is very good this year. Playing at Washington-Grizzly could give Montana the edge. Tough one to pick.

Home field is key here. Play this game in Missouri and Montana loses. At home? They win.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2022, 01:21 PM
The Griz run defense is going to be tested again after getting absolutely shredded in Bozeman yesterday. Geno Hess is a player for SEMO - has run for almost 1600 yards on the season at 7.6 ypc with 19 TDs.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2022, 01:23 PM
I'm not going to bet an OVC team against the BSC in a brutal environment. Did Montana deserve to be in? No. Were they competitive in games against good teams [minus MSU]? Yes. They'll win this IMO.

Utgrizfan
November 20th, 2022, 01:25 PM
Nothing against the OVC but I'm pretty sure this will be the best defense they've seen all season. Yes the Cats kicked our ass but I don't see their offense being able to run the ball as well as they did. Being in Missoula helps alot as well but still am expecting a great game and it is by no means a garunteed win for the Griz.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2022, 04:09 PM
Not only did Montana get in but their game being on ESPN2 clearly reflects the various metrics that are used. This is all about drawing eyeballs to an environment....

Wait a minute, TV is about drawing eyeballs? You don't say...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2022, 04:12 PM
Picked Montana bc they are at home. Game at SEMO? They lose.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 20th, 2022, 04:24 PM
Forecast looks like highs in the low 40s? Sounds like a typical late November day in Cape Girardeau. I have to think the Griz faithful along with the general vibe will be downtrodden. I like SEMO in this one. They've become a good program in recent years. They're due to cement their name further kind of like Coastal Carolina did a decade ago....

uofmman1122
November 20th, 2022, 04:29 PM
Forecast looks like highs in the low 40s? Sounds like a typical late November day in Cape Girardeau. I have to think the Griz faithful along with the general vibe will be downtrodden. I like SEMO in this one. They've become a good program in recent years. They're due to cement their name further kind of like Coastal Carolina did a decade ago....
A lot of us thought our season was over yesterday. I don't think people feel too downtrodden, as long as we have a chance. People were saying similar things about SELU coming here in 2019 after a similar ass kicking in Bozeman, and we bodied them.

Will be interesting to see if we go with Johnson, who looked like he got hurt worse yesterday.

mvemjsunpx
November 20th, 2022, 07:45 PM
Nothing against the OVC but I'm pretty sure this will be the best defense they've seen all season. Yes the Cats kicked our ass but I don't see their offense being able to run the ball as well as they did. Being in Missoula helps alot as well but still am expecting a great game and it is by no means a garunteed win for the Griz.

I'm pretty sure Iowa State is the best defense they've seen. As an aside, Iowa State has the best defense in the Big 12 and they're still dead last. xlolx

My initial thoughts have me leaning SEMO here. The Redhawks have good running and passing games, and their biggest weakness—pass defense—is something the Griz aren't in good position to exploit right now.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2022, 07:56 PM
I just can’t see SEMO going up to Montana and knocking off the Griz, but if this game is in the backwood Ozarks SEMO wins

FUBeAR
November 20th, 2022, 08:14 PM
I just can’t see SEMO going up to Montana and knocking off the Griz, but if this game is in the backwood Ozarks SEMO wins
Maybe Marty & Wendy Byrd have worked with the cartel to ensure the fix is in for the RedHawks up there in the Rockies.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2022, 08:28 PM
Maybe Marty & Wendy Byrd have worked with the cartel to ensure the fix is in for the RedHawks up there in the Rockies.

could be, Money flows into Montana like a Rocky Mountain stream

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2022, 01:27 AM
I'm pretty sure Iowa State is the best defense they've seen. As an aside, Iowa State has the best defense in the Big 12 and they're still dead last. xlolx

My initial thoughts have me leaning SEMO here. The Redhawks have good running and passing games, and their biggest weakness—pass defense—is something the Griz aren't in good position to exploit right now.

Now I'm reading that SEMO has QB injury issues, too (DeLaurent has missed the last 2 games), so this one may really come down to whose QB gets healthy the fastest.

MTfan4life
November 21st, 2022, 02:42 AM
Strangely enough, both teams have played Northwestern State this season.

SEMO has played just two teams with a record above .500 this season. One of those being 4-3 Lindenwood. (The other Eastern Kentucky) Also, they've played just two FCS teams who gave up less than 30 points per game. (Tennessee State and Southern Illinois)

OhioHen
November 21st, 2022, 07:29 AM
SEMO already won one coin flip. This one lands on the other side.

jadmt
November 21st, 2022, 09:11 AM
easy Griz win..won't be close even with the 3rd string qb, well now he is the 2nd string. Johnson is hurt and very doubtful he will play. I think many Griz fans are excited to see Britt do his thing.

jadmt
November 21st, 2022, 09:19 AM

being a night game it is going to be a lot colder than low 40's. sun goes down in that canyon it gets cold in a hurry. I worked across the street from the stadium and that canyon is cold. I was working the Coastal Carolina game and when the griz were warming up I told my buddy they are going to lose. He was like no way. I said look at CC they are all bundled up staying warm and the Griz were warming up in t-shirts trying to intimate CC, it was freaking cold and when the game started Griz were stone cold. I doubt they ever make that mistake again.

Silenoz
November 21st, 2022, 10:28 AM
being a night game it is going to be a lot colder than low 40's. sun goes down in that canyon it gets cold in a hurry. I worked across the street from the stadium and that canyon is cold. I was working the Coastal Carolina game and when the griz were warming up I told my buddy they are going to lose. He was like no way. I said look at CC they are all bundled up staying warm and the Griz were warming up in t-shirts trying to intimate CC, it was freaking cold and when the game started Griz were stone cold. I doubt they ever make that mistake again.

Wofford, Coastal Carolina... I think we have a learning disability.

That CC game was so cold my face hurt just walking to the campus.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2022, 10:53 AM
Is that legal in Montana???

kab
November 21st, 2022, 11:02 AM
Montana should be watching a game on espn 2 not playing in it’ is their AD on the committee?

Libertine
November 21st, 2022, 11:06 AM

This. In cold weather games, the team that warms up shirtless is usually in trouble because, invariably, that team has lost its focus on the business at hand before the game even starts.

jadmt
November 21st, 2022, 11:08 AM
Montana should be watching a game on espn 2 not playing in it’ is their AD on the committee?
yes the Montana AD is on the committee...plus they are one of a few teams that can gather 15-20,000 fans on friday after turkey day.

jadmt
November 21st, 2022, 11:10 AM
Is that legal in Montana???

long as they aren't sheep lol. can't even blame spell checker on that one lol

Utgrizfan
November 21st, 2022, 07:29 PM

Fair enough, should have clarified best FCS defense they've faced unless they're Offense is as effective as MSUs, their QB being injured helps us in that regard since mobile QBs have shredded us.

MTfan4life
November 22nd, 2022, 01:53 AM

This is a game thread. You want to moan about the selection, check out the Selection Sunday thread or any of the twelve Furman and Mercer related threads out there.

MTfan4life
November 22nd, 2022, 02:01 AM

Montana has two QBs from Las Vegas and San Diego. Chilly weather will probably help SEMO more than Montana. SEMO's game is on the ground. The weather isn't going to be a factor for them. Montana needs to find a way to have some sort of semblance of a run defense. Not the one that showed up against Sac State or Weber State. And definitely not the one that went to Bozeman.

jadmt
November 22nd, 2022, 08:19 AM
Montana has two QBs from Las Vegas and San Diego. Chilly weather will probably help SEMO more than Montana. SEMO's game is on the ground. The weather isn't going to be a factor for them. Montana needs to find a way to have some sort of semblance of a run defense. Not the one that showed up against Sac State or Weber State. And definitely not the one that went to Bozeman.

both have had plenty of practice in cold weather. Going to be Britt at this point. Agree D needs to step up but they play pretty good at WGS so not too worried. realistically even weber and sac were not terrible. MSU yes that was bad...but O'connell should be more dialed in friday night.

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2022, 09:54 AM
both have had plenty of practice in cold weather. Going to be Britt at this point. Agree D needs to step up but they play pretty good at WGS so not too worried. realistically even weber and sac were not terrible. MSU yes that was bad...but O'connell should be more dialed in friday night.

Sooo.... with the game being on SATURDAY night, does O'Connell getting dialed in 24 hours in advance help or hurt their chances? Just wondering which way to bet this if I get back from the Vikings game in time to place a bet.

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2022, 10:07 AM
Sooo.... with the game being on SATURDAY night, does O'Connell getting dialed in 24 hours in advance help or hurt their chances? Just wondering which way to bet this if I get back from the Vikings game in time to place a bet.
In his defense, night games have usually been on Fridays in the past, and even UM reporters and other staff were confused if it was actually on Friday or Saturday when it was initially shown.

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2022, 10:15 AM
In his defense, night games have usually been on Fridays in the past, and even UM reporters and other staff were confused if it was actually on Friday or Saturday when it was initially shown.

Just ribbing jadmt a bit. But for real... Griz by 3? Hate that SportsBet takes so long to post FCS games.

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2022, 10:22 AM
Just ribbing jadmt a bit. But for real... Griz by 3? Hate that SportsBet takes so long to post FCS games.
I have no idea. We should win this because we're at home, but who knows. It's wild to me that we have a section of our fanbase that didn't want us to get in, and actively want us to lose so that some sort of changes will take place that they think need to.

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2022, 10:37 AM
I have no idea. We should win this because we're at home, but who knows. It's wild to me that we have a section of our fanbase that didn't want us to get in, and actively want us to lose so that some sort of changes will take place that they think need to.

It's not me! I'm actually masquerading as a Griz fan pumping up keeping Booby! 1-3 since coming back, outscored by 53 points over the 4 games, including two 34 point blowout loses in Bozeman?? I'll take it. :D

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2022, 11:01 AM
It's not me! I'm actually masquerading as a Griz fan pumping up keeping Booby! 1-3 since coming back, outscored by 53 points over the 4 games, including two 34 point blowout loses in Bozeman?? I'll take it. :D
Haha well, I don't have much of a comeback there.

These fans don't necessarily want Bobby gone, but want him to replace his coordinators and start coaching and recruiting in the 2020's, not the mid 2000's.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2022, 11:07 AM
SEMO struggled to score in the RedZone against an EKU team that we ran through like wet toilet paper.

Give me the Griz.

Trust me, after watching my team cupcake munch the OVC for 6 Conference Boats in 7 seasons, the OVC paper tiger argument still holds true.

jadmt
November 22nd, 2022, 11:51 AM

I guess I got so drunk after hearing they got in after the beat down against the cats that the last thing I remember was something about Friday lol.

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2022, 12:01 PM
I guess I got so drunk after hearing they got in after the beat down against the cats that the last thing I remember was something about Friday lol.

Haha... if it had been my team getting the beat down, I'd have still been hammered from the day before when the Selection Show took place, so I get it! xdrunkyx

bobcathpdevil56
November 22nd, 2022, 12:33 PM
One question for Griz fans, was that just an off game for Robby Hauck or has that been the norm? It seems he had bad angles, missed tackles and got washed up in blocking the entire game. I haven't watched enough games for the Griz this season, nor did I watch them as closely as Cat/Griz.

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2022, 12:48 PM
One question for Griz fans, was that just an off game for Robby Hauck or has that been the norm? It seems he had bad angles, missed tackles and got washed up in blocking the entire game. I haven't watched enough games for the Griz this season, nor did I watch them as closely as Cat/Griz.
The entire team played like hot garbage on defense. It wasn't just Robby. I could go get a cutup of Mellott and Chambers making one-on-one safeties look absolutely stupid all year, but because everyone hates Robby, it's somehow different for him.

He's normally very sound, and has made huge plays one-on-one all year in the run and pass game. He had problems in the past, but this season has been his best one as far as not making mistakes. He's legitimately one of the best safeties in the conference.

bobcathpdevil56
November 23rd, 2022, 12:54 PM
The entire team played like hot garbage on defense. It wasn't just Robby. I could go get a cutup of Mellott and Chambers making one-on-one safeties look absolutely stupid all year, but because everyone hates Robby, it's somehow different for him.

He's normally very sound, and has made huge plays one-on-one all year in the run and pass game. He had problems in the past, but this season has been his best one as far as not making mistakes. He's legitimately one of the best safeties in the conference.

Thanks for the info. Just a bad day all around for the Grizzly D

F'N Hawks
November 26th, 2022, 11:49 AM
Is the SEMO QB for sure out?

katss07
November 26th, 2022, 12:05 PM
Is the SEMO QB for sure out?
DeLaurent is playing

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2022, 09:04 PM
ESPN2 still has South Florida/UCF on....xrolleyesx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 09:05 PM
ESPN2 still has South Florida/UCF on....xrolleyesx

This could be a crazy upset though!...xsmiley_wix

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2022, 09:20 PM
This UCF game is WILD

skinny_uncle
November 26th, 2022, 09:26 PM
DeLaurent is playing

As long as SEMO has Hess, it might not matter.

katss07
November 26th, 2022, 09:32 PM
Touchdown Redhawks!!

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2022, 09:40 PM
Gus Malzahn did a thing holy s***

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Bobby Hauck looks like stock image for a 60 year old generic ass white dude.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 09:44 PM
Impressed with SEMO's physicality...

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 09:54 PM
Impressed with SEMO's physicality...

Agreed, they look better than Montana right now.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2022, 10:02 PM
Hess looking a little dinged up out there for SEMO.

SEMO hits a FG to go up 10-0. Early 2nd quarter.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2022, 10:08 PM
Montana looks not so good

crusader11
November 26th, 2022, 10:25 PM
Is Lucas Johnson this bad or is it just a tonight thing?

Roamingriz
November 26th, 2022, 10:32 PM
It has been like this the last few games. He is off, and seems injured. He has been better in previous games.

- - - Updated - - -

He used to be a lot more mobile with decent wheels

Karl Havoc
November 26th, 2022, 10:34 PM
Montana looks terrible. I don’t see them pulling this out.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 10:38 PM
TD SEMO!!

deez_na
November 26th, 2022, 10:38 PM
Is this the Montana team that deserved to make the playoffs?

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 10:39 PM
Touchdown SEMO! 30 seconds to go 2nd quarter.

17-3 SEMO.

14 play 92 yard drive.

Dewey

skinny_uncle
November 26th, 2022, 10:41 PM
TD SEMO!!

Hess is a beast.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 10:42 PM
If the game was going to be played at night which deprives us of the Missoula visuals it might as well have been in Cape Girardeau....xcoffeex

skinny_uncle
November 26th, 2022, 10:43 PM
If the game was going to be played at night which deprives us of the Missoula visuals it might as well have been in Cape Girardeau....xcoffeex

They thought jet lag might do SEMO in. Hasn't worked yet.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 10:45 PM
SEMO 17 Montana 3 Half

dewey
SEMO lead 17-3 at halftime.

Dewey

katss07
This ain’t a John Grass coached OVC team folks

skinny_uncle
November 26th, 2022, 10:47 PM
This ain’t a John Grass coached OVC team folks

Tuke used to be a defensive coordinator. It shows.

putter
November 26th, 2022, 10:49 PM
Well, Hauck goes with Johnson, who clearly is not 100%. O- Line continues to suck and cant run nor stop the run. Embarrassing first half

skinny_uncle
November 26th, 2022, 10:51 PM
Well, Hauck goes with Johnson, who clearly is not 100%. O- Line continues to suck and cant run nor stop the run. Embarrassing first half

Maybe they slowed it down. Last week, Hess had 317 yards against Murray.

lucchesicourt
November 26th, 2022, 10:56 PM
Well they won 7games-thanks to a soft schedule. Anyway, that's the argument.

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 10:57 PM
Montana with 9 yards rushing in the 1st half. Wow.

Dewey

lucchesicourt
November 26th, 2022, 11:02 PM
And if a Johnson wasn't playing, then your excuse would be because Johnson was out. Those were the excuses before they even started the game. The fact is, this year Montana just wasn't as good as you expect them to be year in and year out. This year whether injuries, playing together, or losses of too many seniors from the roster, would be reasons for having what I would call a poor season for Montana.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2022, 11:05 PM
Montana's punter looks good... xdontknowx

Schism55
November 26th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Grizz are getting handled. Didn't expect this ..

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

lucchesicourt
November 26th, 2022, 11:07 PM
If I was a Bison fan I'd be routing for Montana. It would be nice to have an easy first playoff game.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 11:08 PM
I noticed there hasn't been a SEMO fan post on this thread? Do they have any active posters on AGS?

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:08 PM
What happened to Montana's O'Connell?

Dewey

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:10 PM
How the hell is that not offensive pass interference? Seems like SEMO got lucky there.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 11:11 PM
Wow, what a catch!

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:12 PM
Wow. What a throw by the SEMO QB.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2022, 11:13 PM
How the hell is that not offensive pass interference? Seems like SEMO got lucky there.

Dewey
Well, they let #8 for Montana get away with DPI a couple plays later so it evened out.

SEMO is killing Montana on 3rd down... gonna get ugly if that keeps up.

Roamingriz
November 26th, 2022, 11:14 PM
O'Connell had been out with injury the last few games I believe and he either reaggravated the injury or got a new one in the first half

Schism55
November 26th, 2022, 11:14 PM
What happened to Montana's O'Connell?

DeweyHe limped off not long before halftime...

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:17 PM
SEMO is killing Montana on 3rd down... gonna get ugly if that keeps up.

SEMO is 6-10 on 3rd down and Montana is 1-7. Probably the state of the game so far.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 11:18 PM
Looked like a late hit on Hess and he wasn't happy about it....just steamrolled over the Griz on the next play!

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:19 PM
Touchdown Hess! SEMO leads 23-3. SEMO now 7-11 on 3rd down.

Wow there is a LOT of empty seats at Washington Grizzly stadium.

Dewey

AggiePride
November 26th, 2022, 11:19 PM
Grizz are getting handled. Didn't expect this ..

Why not, they are 6th in the Big Sky and lost 4 of their the last 6.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 11:22 PM
Griz with a kickoff return for a TD!....but their defense must go right back out....

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:23 PM
I don't think the Grizzlies are dead yet. Kickoff return TD by Flowers.

24-10 SEMO 829 to go 3rd quarter.

Flowers with his 8th kickoff return TD.

The Grizzlies defense needs to get a stop now.

Dewey

skinny_uncle
November 26th, 2022, 11:23 PM
Montana with 9 yards rushing so far.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2022, 11:26 PM
Montana defense would've preferred a 15 play TD drive there I bet but I'm sure they'll take points however they can get them. The SEMO run game looks to be really leaning on the Griz defensive front right now and they've got to go right back out there.

Silenoz
November 26th, 2022, 11:27 PM
Remember when we were good a million years ago? 🤮

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 11:29 PM
Huge stop by the 'Griz defense....

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:31 PM
Big missed field goal. Come on Grizzlies!

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2022, 11:33 PM
Can Montana sustain this momentum with a completely one dimensional offense? I gotta think they need to be able to run the ball at least a little bit at some point...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 11:34 PM
TD 'Griz! Game on!

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:35 PM
Touchdown Grizzlies!

24-17 507 to go 3rd quarter. This one ain't over yet.

Dewey

POD Knows
November 26th, 2022, 11:35 PM
Can Montana sustain this momentum with a completely one dimensional offense? I gotta think they need to be able to run the ball at least a little bit at some point...
Why. That SEMO secondary sucks balls.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 11:38 PM
SEMO OL just got destroyed and their QB is running for his life. All the momentum is on the Griz's side!

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:38 PM
HUGE 3 and out for the Grizzlies! SEMO is in trouble if they need to pass.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 11:39 PM
Punt return for a TD! Holy Crap did this game change in a hurry!

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:39 PM
Wow! Punt return TD for the Grizzlies! 24 all with 404 to go 3rd quarter.

Dewey

Schism55
November 26th, 2022, 11:40 PM
Holy shirt balls!!!

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2022, 11:42 PM
Why. That SEMO secondary sucks balls.
Idk... Johnson was 10-21 in the first half. He's gotten hot but I don't think he can sustain it and if they can't run the ball their offense is going to stall at some point and give SEMO extra chances.

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:42 PM
Montana looks like a brand new team. Specials teams playing HUGE for the Grizzlies.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2022, 11:46 PM
SEMO OL hapless in pass protection at this point.....

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:46 PM
The recipe to stop SEMO looks simple now. Load the box to contain the run on 1st and 2nd down and then force a 3rd and long and bring the blitz.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2022, 11:47 PM
SEMO OL hapless in pass protection at this point.....
Montana has figured out that SEMO's QB is not mobile and not good when pressured... that's a bad combo against a defense that knows how to be aggressive.

skinny_uncle
November 26th, 2022, 11:48 PM
The recipe to stop SEMO looks simple now. Load the box to contain the run on 1st and 2nd down and then force a 3rd and long and bring the blitz.

Dewey

I think they led the OVC in sacks.

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:49 PM
SEMO looks all kinds of messed up right now.

Dewey

POD Knows
November 26th, 2022, 11:49 PM
Idk... Johnson was 10-21 in the first half. He's gotten hot but I don't think he can sustain it and if they can't run the ball their offense is going to stall at some point and give SEMO extra chances.
SEMO will get a PI on every other play.

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 11:58 PM
Boy Johnson is not an accurate QB. Missing quite a few throws now.

Dewey

dewey
November 27th, 2022, 12:03 AM
Montana takes its 1st lead of the game on a field goal.

27-24 Montana with 1228 to go 4th quarter.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 27th, 2022, 12:05 AM
I'm not sure if SEMO is going to get another first down.

dewey
November 27th, 2022, 12:06 AM
SEMO looks lost in pass protection.

Dewey

dewey
November 27th, 2022, 12:07 AM
I'm not sure if SEMO is going to get another first down.

You very well might be right. Montana has the defense dialed in now.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 27th, 2022, 12:09 AM
Griz might end up winning by 3-4 TDs. Griz absolutely dominating....

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2022, 12:10 AM
Wow, that almost seemed like a basketball timeout for SEMO... trying to stop the momentum.

Griz might end up winning by 3-4 TDs. Griz absolutely dominating....
Football is a funny game... momentum can switch on the drop of a hat. The Griz are still only up 3. I'm guessing that's what SEMO's coach is trying to stress. SEMO's body language makes it look like they're down 20.

dewey
November 27th, 2022, 12:14 AM
Wow. What an interception by the SEMO CB.

951 to go 4th quarter and SEMO makes a big stop after the timeout to stem the momentum a little bit.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2022, 12:14 AM
Good timeout coach! ;)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 27th, 2022, 12:16 AM
Huge first down! wow!

dewey
November 27th, 2022, 12:16 AM
SEMO QB slips put of pressure and connects on a HUGE 3rd down play. I am surprised that he slipped put of that pressure. I thought #92 had him.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 27th, 2022, 12:22 AM
SEMO seems to have to no play calls to actually counteract the pressure. Just hope....

dewey
November 27th, 2022, 12:22 AM
Dumb call. Kick the field goal.

Dewey

dewey
November 27th, 2022, 12:24 AM
Touchdown Grizzlies!

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 27th, 2022, 12:24 AM
TD Griz! Turn out the lights on this one! Apple Cup time....

SEMO coaching staff fell asleep at the wheel....

WileECoyote06
November 27th, 2022, 12:28 AM
SEMO looks tired. Playing at midnight will do that to you, I guess.

Peems
November 27th, 2022, 12:34 AM
Turnover! Was only a matter of time. Go Griz

Peems
November 27th, 2022, 12:35 AM
I feel bad for Delaurent, poor kid has taken a beating back there today.

dewey
November 27th, 2022, 12:36 AM
Robby Hauck just got announced as the Big Sky's all time career tackle leader.

Kudos to him! Heck of a career.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2022, 12:36 AM
I feel bad for Delaurent, poor kid has taken a beating back there today.
Reminds me of a certain Sam Houston QB from back in the day. ;)

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2022, 12:38 AM

Jet lag game. SEMO was playing the second half at a time they would normally be in bed.

Peems
November 27th, 2022, 12:40 AM
Griz win 34-24.

Grizalltheway
November 27th, 2022, 12:43 AM

It's one hour difference and they're teenagers. If you want to make excuses for them use the altitude.

MSUBobcat
November 27th, 2022, 12:44 AM
Thanks for not covering, Griz. Last time I ever pull for you in a game.

WileECoyote06
November 27th, 2022, 12:55 AM
Jet lag game. SEMO was playing the second half at a time they would normally be in bed.

Yep. Figured that was going to be an issue the moment they announced the game time.

dewey
November 27th, 2022, 12:58 AM
It's one hour difference and they're teenagers. If you want to make excuses for them use the altitude.

Agreed. 1 hour is nothing. The kickoff return touchdown completely swung the game and the Montana coaches figuring out how to handle the SEMO offense.

I guess Montana did belong in the playoffs after all.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 27th, 2022, 01:06 AM
Hauck and his staff outclassed SEMO's coaches in the second half, especially the 4th quarter. Impressive to take complete control like that.

uofmman1122
November 27th, 2022, 01:06 AM
What a game!

Hope SEMO's players that decided to flip off the crowd when they were up 17-3 have a nice, comfy ride home!

Condolences to all the UC Davis fans crying in their beer right now.

Grizalltheway
November 27th, 2022, 01:08 AM
What a game!

Hope SEMO's players that decided to flip off the crowd when they were up 17-3 have a nice, comfy ride home!

Condolences to all the UC Davis fans crying in their beer right now.

Don't forget the Mercer one already crying in next week's game thread. Lol.

MTfan4life
November 27th, 2022, 01:11 AM
Don't forget the Mercer one already crying in next week's game thread. Lol.

That one's been crying since the Covid playoff selections in spring of 2021. You get used to it after a while.

mvemjsunpx
November 27th, 2022, 02:10 AM
Bobby Hauck just got announced as the Big Sky's all time career tackle leader.

Kudos to him! Heck of a career.

Dewey

What's particularly impressive is that he achieved this while being a 58-year-old man who's never played in a college football game. xsmiley_wix

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2022, 07:39 AM
AHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
**** SEMO

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2022, 07:49 AM
Hauck and his staff outclassed SEMO's coaches in the second half, especially the 4th quarter. Impressive to take complete control like that.

SEMO had a pretty good run defense and it showed but the Griz went to the pass, esp the 2nd half. Good adjustment. Special team play also helped the Griz.

jadmt
November 27th, 2022, 09:54 AM
1-0 in this years playoffs, after next week 2-0.

BisonBacker
November 27th, 2022, 10:08 AM
Jet lag game. SEMO was playing the second half at a time they would normally be in bed. I fell asleep watching the game. Woke up and saw the Montana won. I thought WTF happened. Saw the highlights this morning and just shook my head. 14 points on kick and punt returns. SEMO special teams was their undoing. That and coaches not being able to make adjustments.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2022, 10:55 AM
That one's been crying since the Covid playoff selections in spring of 2021. You get used to it after a while.

he might be right ya know

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2022, 11:00 AM

.....IT T'WAS DUH KICK-OFF/PUNT RETURN....&....DROOLED UP FAN SUPPORT........DAT TURNED SEE-MO.....INTA DON KNOTTS........WAS UP TA 1:30ish........WHIFF RABBIT FEVOR........SO AH WATCHED..........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2022, 02:36 PM
.....IT T'WAS DUH KICK-OFF/PUNT RETURN....&....DROOLED UP FAN SUPPORT........DAT TURNED SEE-MO.....INTA DON KNOTTS........WAS UP TA 1:30ish........WHIFF RABBIT FEVOR........SO AH WATCHED..........BRAWK!

Don Knotts another instant classic from Mr C

I nodded out with burning retinas sometime in second half with the old Grizzly waking up from a first half hibernation