PDA

View Full Version : New England Sports

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 28th, 2007, 08:32 AM
I know that a number of you find it hard to understand why UNH doesn't have a new stadium or why U Mass can't draw better.Or why URI and NU struggle. Here's an example.

I watched NECN "Sports Desk" this AM, a show that bills it self as a complete wrap up of the prior days sports. The UNH game was shown live on saturday I thought they'd have some vidio replay.

I'll grant you that the Red Sox had a big day and the Pats have one today , but out 1/2 hour of "all the sports from the region" we got 1 minute of college foootball. One highlite and the score of the BC game from thursday night and one highlite and the score of the Penn State game. No mention of any other game. None.

I then replayed from "on demand" the Saturday 10PM NECN news cast.

In the sports we learned the Sox we winning, the Bruins had lost and the Rev played to a 0-0 tie. No mention of any college football.

My rant is over.
You may now return to your college football talk.

Cleets
October 28th, 2007, 10:46 AM
http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/mcc/authors/logo/117412/200

Grizalltheway
October 28th, 2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/mcc/authors/logo/117412/200

Was that the homer he hit to make it 7-3 against the Indians? xsmhx

YaleFootballFan
October 28th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Was that the homer he hit to make it 7-3 against the Indians? xsmhx

Nope. That was Manny's walk-off home run in Game 2 against Anaheim (ALDS).

Peems
October 28th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Can someone tell me why Bill Simmons hates BC, or at least never mentions them?

TheValleyRaider
October 28th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Can someone tell me why Bill Simmons hates BC, or at least never mentions them?

Holy Cross grad. Barely mentions them, but Simmons and the Crusaders hate BC. Some of it stems from jealousy (as in, that could have been us), but also just a good old-fashioned in-state Jesuit rivalry.

Peems
October 28th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Holy Cross grad. Barely mentions them, but Simmons and the Crusaders hate BC. Some of it stems from jealousy (as in, that could have been us), but also just a good old-fashioned in-state Jesuit rivalry.

Ahh, it all makes sense now