PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday coming to Bozeman next week!

Chalupa Batman
November 13th, 2022, 10:04 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1591823204825575425

It will be a huge fan turnout and set against one is the most beautiful backdrops in football, regardless of level. It will be an absolutely amazing showcase for FCS football!

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2022, 10:07 AM
Congrats to Griz and Cats fans (and the Big Sky conference as well) - your persistence paid off! xsmileyclapx

WrenFGun
November 13th, 2022, 10:08 AM
Awesome stuff! Congrats!

katss07
November 13th, 2022, 10:12 AM
Congrats MSU. They’ll put on a great show.

NY Crusader 2010
November 13th, 2022, 10:16 AM
Sick! This is awesome news.

POD Knows
November 13th, 2022, 10:17 AM
YES!!!! I might actually watch Gameday again, second time in a year. Good job ESPN

BeamMeUp
November 13th, 2022, 10:29 AM
Great exposure for FCS!

Daytripper
November 13th, 2022, 10:31 AM
This will be a great showcase for Bozeman and the FCS. I will watch for sure.

Preferred Walk-On
November 13th, 2022, 11:13 AM
That is AWESOME! Well deserved, and excited for both fan bases.

JacksFan40
November 13th, 2022, 11:16 AM
But a certain HBCU fan on this board said nobody cares about these “little puke” schools in the middle of no where? Guess that wasn’t true.

Congrats for the Cats, should be a great day and hopefully a great game.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2022, 11:17 AM
This is awesome! As a former resident of the Gallatin Valley, it will also be a bit bittersweet.....

uofmman1122
November 13th, 2022, 11:24 AM
Can't say I'm not extremely salty they go to Bozeman after giving us the finger last year, despite all the work we put in.

But this is cool. Great for what I consider to be the best rivalry in the FCS.

Also a fantastic opportunity to make this game suck even more for them if we can beat them. lmao xthumbsupx

TribePride52
November 13th, 2022, 11:53 AM
Obviously in the grand scheme of things, this is great for the FCS, as it seems more and more people recognize the talent that comes from these schools.

I will say, in my extremely biased opinion, it should’ve been W&M and UR. Those 2 teams are playing for a conference championship AND a seed, while Montana isn’t.

POD Knows
November 13th, 2022, 12:00 PM
Obviously in the grand scheme of things, this is great for the FCS, as it seems more and more people recognize the talent that comes from these schools.

I will say, in my extremely biased opinion, it should’ve been W&M and UR. Those 2 teams are playing for a conference championship AND a seed, while Montana isn’t.They are both big games but the crowd and the optics greatly favor the Montana matchup and the Game Day thing is more that just the game itself. Both times Gameday came to Fargo, the team we were playing was not a factor, both games were complete blow-outs. Somebody said that MSU/Montana is the best rivalry in FCS, that is probably true, plus, the location and the fan support is what is the big difference when they picked Montana.

SDFS
November 13th, 2022, 12:13 PM
Sac St/ Cal Davis games this year is going to be a good game. But, congrats to Montana on hosting. I am sure they will put on a good show.

MSUBobcat
November 13th, 2022, 12:14 PM
On the one hand... how bad ass is this! On the other, any chance of getting tickets just went out the window. I was referred to a friend of a friend... $200ea for SRO. I'll pass. And damn... that 7am start is gonna be brutal. We have a room reserved for Saturday on the off chance we secured tickets that I suppose we'll keep, but now also considering a cheap room in Livingston so it's only a quick 30 minute drive Saturday instead of 2 hours.

wapiti
November 13th, 2022, 02:43 PM
Can't say I'm not extremely salty they go to Bozeman after giving us the finger last year, despite all the work we put in.

But this is cool. Great for what I consider to be the best rivalry in the FCS.

Also a fantastic opportunity to make this game suck even more for them if we can beat them. lmao xthumbsupx

Should be a dandy of a game. Either team could win it.

dewey
November 13th, 2022, 02:52 PM
Congratulations Montana Stae on hosting ESPN College GameDay! Going to be some awesome views and stories.

Have a fun week Bobcat fans!

P.s. just don't lose....

Dewey

McNeese75
November 13th, 2022, 03:39 PM
xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2022, 04:28 PM
It's always good when GameDay goes to a FCS school!

paward
November 13th, 2022, 11:00 PM
Congratulations, I am jealous. A few years back they came to JMU and hosted Richmond. We the visitors won the game.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2022, 02:22 AM
I agree with all the positive things said for MSU and this game being the Gameday selection. Very cool MSU, well done. It's a beautiful spot on the map, it is a great FCS match up this year, and every damn year if you ask me.

Winning this game is the only thing that matches winning a chipper.

RabidRabbit
November 14th, 2022, 04:57 AM
What's amszing is it is a second FCS gameday this season. Highlighting a great rivalry game between two well respected teams. Should make for great scenery, signs, and crowd. The game should be pretty good too.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

POD Knows
November 14th, 2022, 10:00 AM
Hey, I just heard that the starting QB for Montana is out for this game, that is not good, their back-up is not that strong, they are a different team without the #1 QB

GAD
November 14th, 2022, 10:23 AM
Congrats!xthumbsupx Gameday is a great experience...be prepared it makes for a very long day.

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2022, 11:49 AM
Congrats!xthumbsupx Gameday is a great experience...be prepared it makes for a very long day.

Especially being on Mountain Standard Time... Gameday starts at 7AM locally. My godson has a B-day party at 11 or 12 Sunday (his dad doesn't know which xlolx) and the ladyfriend asked if we'll be able to make it back (2 hour drive home). I said to her... "we're going to start drinking by 8am, the game will go until about 3:30 and, if we happen to win, we'll be partying at a watering hole afterward. If I'm not passed out by 8pm, it'll be some kind of miracle. We'll be up and at 'em at 5 or 6 Sunday morning!"

God, I'm going to be a trainwreck. Apparently I was quite entertaining after the SDSU semi-final last year. I expect more of the same on Saturday.

uofmman1122
November 14th, 2022, 11:49 AM
Hey, I just heard that the starting QB for Montana is out for this game, that is not good, their back-up is not that strong, they are a different team without the #1 QB
?????

Where did you hear he's been ruled out?

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2022, 11:50 AM

I was wondering about the extent of his injury, but can't find anything where he's been ruled out for the game. Can you please share a link if you've seen otherwise?

POD Knows
November 14th, 2022, 11:59 AM
?????

Where did you hear he's been ruled out?No idea if he has been ruled out and it might just be gamesmanship, but he was on crutches after the last, could just be a minor hamstring deal or something but he is a mobile QB and if this shuts him down a step or two, that will be big.

uofmman1122
November 14th, 2022, 12:15 PM
No idea if he has been ruled out and it might just be gamesmanship, but he was on crutches after the last, could just be a minor hamstring deal or something but he is a mobile QB and if this shuts him down a step or two, that will be big.
I don't think it was gamesmanship, he looked to be in a considerable amount of pain, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's out for sure.

As to our backup, it looks like the staff has moved from the backup for our games against Sac and Weber, Kris Brown, to our R-Fr dual threat guy, Daniel Britt. Personally, I feel a little better about Britt leading us than I would about Brown, who has shown he just isn't much of a D1 QB.

Really hoping Johnson can go and is okay, though.

POD Knows
November 14th, 2022, 12:17 PM
I don't think it was gamesmanship, he looked to be in a considerable amount of pain, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's out for sure.

As to our backup, it looks like the staff has moved from the backup for our games against Sac and Weber, Kris Brown, to our R-Fr dual threat guy, Daniel Britt. Personally, I feel a little better about Britt leading us than I would about Brown, who has shown he just isn't much of a D1 QB.

Really hoping Johnson can go and is okay, though.UM offense is not good with Brown, MSU has big holes on D, at least they did in the games I watched with them. UM has a punchers chance with Johnson at QB.

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2022, 12:26 PM

Really hoping Johnson can go and is okay, though.

Brown is a sleeper agent. Should have known better than to recruit a Bozeman kid. xsmiley_wix

grizband
November 14th, 2022, 01:16 PM
Brown is a sleeper agent. Should have known better than to recruit a Bozeman kid. xsmiley_wix
You're telling me he lost those close games against Sac State and Weber State on purpose?! That's certainly a long con!

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2022, 01:19 PM
You're telling me he lost those close games against Sac State and Weber State on purpose?! That's certainly a long con!

That's how sleeper agents work, man! Implant them, wait years... then activate them! It's all coming to fruition! (Insert evil genius laugh here)

grizband
November 14th, 2022, 01:22 PM

That's how sleeper agents work, man! Implant them, wait years... then activate them! It's all coming to fruition! (Insert evil genius laugh here)
Perfectly executed, too! Why risk your goal, to win those games at get Montana a potential top 4 seed?!

Bisonoline
November 14th, 2022, 01:31 PM
What happened to the hot qb from MSU's last year?

uofmman1122
November 14th, 2022, 01:49 PM
What happened to the hot qb from MSU's last year?
Currently last in the conference in passing yards per game and completion percentage, but he's still tearing it up on the ground at 3rd in rushing yards per game.

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 14th, 2022, 09:45 PM
Congrats MSU, we play at your place in 2024 so will make sure to watch Gameday and hopefully it persuades me to make the trip!!!

Catbooster
November 14th, 2022, 10:18 PM
Congrats MSU, we play at your place in 2024 so will make sure to watch Gameday and hopefully it persuades me to make the trip!!!
You should try to make the trip, and take a little extra time to see Glacier or Yellowstone.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 15th, 2022, 12:03 AM
Anyone know where on campus they will be broadcasting from?

Catbooster
November 15th, 2022, 02:43 AM
Anyone know where on campus they will be broadcasting from?
The practice fields between the parking garage and stadium.

POD Knows
November 15th, 2022, 11:02 AM
The practice fields between the parking garage and stadium.Is that north of the stadium, I have been there but I can't remember.

MSUBobcat
November 15th, 2022, 11:46 AM
Is that north of the stadium, I have been there but I can't remember.

Yes. Dyche Field.

https://i.postimg.cc/c4rCqdCF/MTVs-MTS-Week-Twelve.jpg

I'm getting this posting images thing down! Thanks FUBeAR!

Chalupa Batman
November 16th, 2022, 11:30 PM
Montana State has asked Bobcat fans to not do their “Eat [emoji90]Griz Go Cats Go!” chant during College Gameday on Saturday.

https://my1035.com/msu-officials-hoping-cat-griz-attendees-refrain-from-spicy-cat-griz-chant/

Yeah that’s not going to do any good. I wonder if ESPN knows to expect this and have someone diligently manning the mute button?

FUBeAR
November 16th, 2022, 11:48 PM
Just became aware of this FABULOUS video tribute to Montana State Football as a link to it was posted in the “Furman is more deserving of Top 8 seed than NDSU” thread.

Someone must ensure that ESPN GameDay’s Producers screen this before the broadcast. They will definitely want to feature it during their show…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRsHuu1vWs

Roamingriz
November 17th, 2022, 12:08 AM
Montana State has asked Bobcat fans to not do their “Eat [emoji90]Griz Go Cats Go!” chant during College Gameday on Saturday.

https://my1035.com/msu-officials-hoping-cat-griz-attendees-refrain-from-spicy-cat-griz-chant/

Yeah that’s not going to do any good. I wonder if ESPN knows to expect this and have someone diligently manning the mute button?

That and FTC could get loud..... ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2022, 10:35 AM

I'm really hoping they abide with the request. It's not all that clever in the first place and there's no reason to be crass on national television. On the "plus" side... it would ensure that Gameday never comes back to Montana, so the Griz would never get to host Gameday. xchinscratchx

Catbooster
November 17th, 2022, 11:19 AM
I'm really hoping they abide with the request. It's not all that clever in the first place and there's no reason to be crass on national television. On the "plus" side... it would ensure that Gameday never comes back to Montana, so the Griz would never get to host Gameday. xchinscratchx
Yeah, I've never been a big fan of that "cheer".

Nonetheless, I can't imagine it's that unusual for college students from wherever in a college gameday environment to use coarse language in a cheer. Not to defend that type of cheer, but surely Gameday knows how to deal with it?

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 17th, 2022, 11:43 AM

It's worth the trip - bring your fly rod

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2022, 02:44 PM
Well.... it took longer than hoped, but the ladyfriend and I were finally able to secure tickets! Wasn't willing to pay the price gouging, but $125 apiece seemed reasonable given the circumstances. Been quite a while since they've lost when I've been in attendance, so they better keep that streak alive.

Catbooster
November 22nd, 2022, 03:40 PM
Looks like it went well:

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1595140461995646976 (https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1595140461995646976)

Hmm... just shows a link?

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2022, 04:23 PM
Looks like it went well:

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1595140461995646976 (https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1595140461995646976)

Elon killed Twitter's microservices that display tweet previews two weeks ago, so until that's turned back on, this is all we're gonna see.

Catbooster
November 22nd, 2022, 05:08 PM
Elon killed Twitter's microservices that display tweet previews two weeks ago, so until that's turned back on, this is all we're gonna see.
Well then I'm definitely rooting for Furman over Elon in the first round.

FUBeAR
November 22nd, 2022, 05:25 PM
Well then I'm definitely rooting for Furman over Elon in the first round.
Atta guy! Those Formerly Fightin’ Former Christians are RUINING Twitter and making it unsafe for FCS fans!

FUBeAR
November 22nd, 2022, 05:27 PM
Looks like it went well:

Being an NC native, FUBeAR has friends over near where Elon’s running Twitter outside of Burlington, NC and they gave FUBeAR a special code to make it work.

https://twitter.com/espnpr/status/1595140461995646976