PDA

View Full Version : Pete Carroll at his best

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Anyone else coming to the realization that this guy is a bit of a pr!ck?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aizyi5YZ9E

citdog
October 25th, 2007, 05:34 PM
carrol a pirck? Nah he's a fine gentleman.xrolleyesx

UNHWildCats
October 25th, 2007, 05:43 PM
OH Please, USC got jipped and Carroll let his feelings be known....

baseball managers say worse then that.

ask any USC player and they will all say Carroll is a great guy.

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2007, 05:46 PM
OH Please, USC got jipped and Carroll let his feelings be known....

baseball managers say worse then that.

ask any USC player and they will all say Carroll is a great guy.

How did USC get jipped because Bellotti knows the rule book a little better.

Of course USC players will say he's a great guy. Ask any Soviet about Stalin and you would have gotten the same answer.

;)

CopperCat
October 25th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Carroll has become pretty arrogant recently. Not overtly or blatantly, but you can tell if you listen to him that he thinks USC is better than just about everybody else out there.

Ironically enough, guess who USC plays this weekend?

UNHWildCats
October 25th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Carroll has become pretty arrogant recently. Not overtly or blatantly, but you can tell if you listen to him that he thinks USC is better than just about everybody else out there.

Ironically enough, guess who USC plays this weekend?

First.... It's hardly Carroll putting USC on the pedastal... The media since like March has been billing this team as maybe the best college team ever.

Secondly.... The fact that USC is at Oregon this weekend is exactly why this thread was made ;)

GeauxColonels
October 25th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I been thinking that about him for several years now.

JALMOND
October 26th, 2007, 02:26 AM
What I find amazing is that two of the three DI football schools in Oregon have head coaches who have held head coaching jobs in the NFL, yet this state spends way too much time kissing Bellotti's feet (among other anatomical parts).

Ducks lose big this weekend, starting their usual rapid fall from grace.

Call Carroll what you want, but in the end, his teams are right there. In the end, where are the Ducks? Losing to Wyoming in the infamous Las Vegas Bowl.

DuckDuckGriz
October 26th, 2007, 11:33 AM
What I find amazing is that two of the three DI football schools in Oregon have head coaches who have held head coaching jobs in the NFL, yet this state spends way too much time kissing Bellotti's feet (among other anatomical parts).

Call Carroll what you want, but in the end, his teams are right there. In the end, where are the Ducks? Losing to Wyoming in the infamous Las Vegas Bowl.

1. Show me where I ever called Carroll a bad coach.
2. Bellotti was somewhat on the hot seat prior to this season because of the continual waste of talent in the playcalling with Johnathan Stewart. Chip Kelley is the reason the Ducks are doing so well this year. Bellotti has been criticized alot in Eugene and around UO for being too soft on his players and not emphasising a team concept. However, that seems to have changed drastically this year.
3. It was BYU in the Las Vegas Bowl please don't ever bring that up again. ;) :o

Also how can you say everyone kisses Bellotti's feet so much? Coming from a fan of the school that thought all their problems were over now that King Glanville was in Portland. I've never seen a coach get his ass kissed so much before playing one game and getting kicked, I think 99% of the fans on this board will agree with me on that one. Mike Riley had his contract extended to 2012 this summer so I don't think he's treated too poorly in Corvallis either.

Mountain Panther
October 26th, 2007, 11:45 AM
GO DUCKS!

http://content.ornith.cornell.edu/UEWebApp/images/MPR_070302_100009_S.jpg

JALMOND
October 26th, 2007, 09:06 PM
1. Show me where I ever called Carroll a bad coach.
2. Bellotti was somewhat on the hot seat prior to this season because of the continual waste of talent in the playcalling with Johnathan Stewart. Chip Kelley is the reason the Ducks are doing so well this year. Bellotti has been criticized alot in Eugene and around UO for being too soft on his players and not emphasising a team concept. However, that seems to have changed drastically this year.
3. It was BYU in the Las Vegas Bowl please don't ever bring that up again. ;) :o

Also how can you say everyone kisses Bellotti's feet so much? Coming from a fan of the school that thought all their problems were over now that King Glanville was in Portland. I've never seen a coach get his ass kissed so much before playing one game and getting kicked, I think 99% of the fans on this board will agree with me on that one. Mike Riley had his contract extended to 2012 this summer so I don't think he's treated too poorly in Corvallis either.

1. OK, you didn't call Carroll a bad coach, just a "pr!ck". I'll give you that.

2. I'll give you this as well. Kelly is the one who has brought the Ducks to where they are right now, yet Bellotti gets the credit, and has not acknowledged this fact about Kelly (at least not in Portland).

3. I was talking about this year. Ducks fall starts this weekend, they end up back in Las Vegas where they will lose to Wyoming. Bet on it. xthumbsupx

4. Clearly, us Viking fans had some delusions of grandeur that Glanville could make an impact right away with Walsh's players. But the cobblestones are in place for the next few years. Glanville is putting butts in the seats, which translates to revenue in the athletic fund. Its been awhile since we at PSU could say that.

5. Riley is a god as far as the Corvallis/Albany metro area and that's it.

6. This thread was about Carroll. Bellotti should be thankful for even being allowed on the same field. Case in point, last year Dixon was totally lost and Bellotti kept platooning him with that Montana kid, Leaf. This year, Kelly comes in and Dixon is a major star. Does Bellotti give Kelly any credit? Instead, we are told about the great job Bellotti is doing, and I say that is a bunch of bull. The last three years have shown how terribly outcoached Bellotti is when faced against the Trojans. The last two Civil War games have shown who is by far the better coach as well. Yet every year the Portland market tries to tell me how wonderful a coach Bellotti is and, you know something, I ain't buying it.

DuckDuckGriz
October 27th, 2007, 02:29 AM
1. OK, you didn't call Carroll a bad coach, just a "pr!ck". I'll give you that.

2. I'll give you this as well. Kelly is the one who has brought the Ducks to where they are right now, yet Bellotti gets the credit, and has not acknowledged this fact about Kelly (at least not in Portland).

3. I was talking about this year. Ducks fall starts this weekend, they end up back in Las Vegas where they will lose to Wyoming. Bet on it. xthumbsupx

4. Clearly, us Viking fans had some delusions of grandeur that Glanville could make an impact right away with Walsh's players. But the cobblestones are in place for the next few years. Glanville is putting butts in the seats, which translates to revenue in the athletic fund. Its been awhile since we at PSU could say that.

5. Riley is a god as far as the Corvallis/Albany metro area and that's it.

6. This thread was about Carroll. Bellotti should be thankful for even being allowed on the same field. Case in point, last year Dixon was totally lost and Bellotti kept platooning him with that Montana kid, Leaf. This year, Kelly comes in and Dixon is a major star. Does Bellotti give Kelly any credit? Instead, we are told about the great job Bellotti is doing, and I say that is a bunch of bull. The last three years have shown how terribly outcoached Bellotti is when faced against the Trojans. The last two Civil War games have shown who is by far the better coach as well. Yet every year the Portland market tries to tell me how wonderful a coach Bellotti is and, you know something, I ain't buying it.

Ok I have to make this correction first, you are completely wrong on the Civil War issue. Oregon lost 30-28 last year in Corvallis and was not at all out coached. They missed 4 field goals (including a game-winner) and an extra point. It all simply came down to kicking. Oregon even had the lead with about 2:00 left. The year before, the score was 56-14 in favor of the Ducks so.....that one speaks for itself.

I will agree Bellotti has his problems with decisions. The biggest thing wrong was using the QB shuffle system - rotating Dixon and Leaf, two QBs with completely different style. Chip Kelley had nothing to do with Dixon being the solid starter this year. Bellotti's biggest goal at the end of last season was to end the shuffle system and institute one for sure do-or-die QB that Oregon would use, partly because in the previous system they failed to really ever get the offense in a rythem. It was just up to who performed better in spring and it was Dixon.

Last year against USC - yes- Bellotti was outcoached. But holy hell was there a talent difference and teh Ducks killed themselves with turnovers. The Ducks committed someting llike 6 or 7 turnovers against USC and that ultimately did them in over coaching, as it did in most of their games last year (except Arizona, when Nick Alioti had no idea how to plug the middle and the run, which defense is something Bellotti stays out of).

DuckDuckGriz
October 27th, 2007, 07:49 PM

JALMOND you knew I'd be on here serving crow.

Good thing I like you.

Eat up.

;)

JALMOND
October 27th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Duck win means no one will know about the crazy game played just across the street from the largest newspaper, circulation-wise, in the state of Oregon.

Duck win will propel them to the FBS NC game. No one in Portland will ever know about this transitional season for Portland State (not that they really cared. Tomorrow morning, we'll be back on page 15 of the sports section).

Bellotti needed Kelly to bring the offense that made Santos a star to Eugene in order to be halfway decent. Bellotti better start telling the Portland media that.

DuckDuckGriz
October 27th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Duck win means no one will know about the crazy game played just across the street from the largest newspaper, circulation-wise, in the state of Oregon.

Duck win will propel them to the FBS NC game. No one in Portland will ever know about this transitional season for Portland State (not that they really cared. Tomorrow morning, we'll be back on page 15 of the sports section).

I'm sorry to hear that JAL. I feel your pain. But it was the first top 10 meeting in Autzen history. It was the lead on all major sports networks. It would be dumb if the Oregonian didn't run it first. Weber - Portland means nothing in national FCS standings but it was a crazy game I agree. I think your program was better with Walsh around, just my humble opinion.

But eat your crow.

blackfordpu
October 27th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Anyone else think Carroll looked a lot like a cow while chewing his gum ins slow motion?

JALMOND
October 27th, 2007, 08:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear that JAL. I feel your pain. But it was the first top 10 meeting in Autzen history. It was the lead on all major sports networks. It would be dumb if the Oregonian didn't run it first. Weber - Portland means nothing in national FCS standings but it was a crazy game I agree. I think your program was better with Walsh around, just my humble opinion.

But eat your crow.

Thanks. You got a fork?

Actually did not see much of the game (checked into a little bit at the half of the PSU game). No doubt it will get many pages in the Oregonian tomorrow. I'll skim all of them as I'm trying to find the writeup of the PSU game.

DuckDuckGriz
October 27th, 2007, 08:57 PM

But eat your crow.

Thanks. You got a fork?

Actually did not see much of the game (checked into a little bit at the half of the PSU game). No doubt it will get many pages in the Oregonian tomorrow. I'll skim all of them as I'm trying to find the writeup of the PSU game.

I can't afford the Oregonian. The Missoulian gives you guys alot of love though.

JALMOND
October 28th, 2007, 09:42 PM
I can't afford the Oregonian. The Missoulian gives you guys alot of love though.

Oregonian coverage:

For the Ducks---Half the front page of the entire paper. The whole front page of the sports section except for a little bit at the bottom, two whole pages in the middle of the sports section.

For the Beavers---3/4's of a whole page in the middle

For the Vikings---1/4 of a page above the scores for other college games. At least we got a quarter.

Now tell me Portland is not a Duck town. I hate the Ducks!

DuckDuckGriz
October 28th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Oregonian coverage:

For the Ducks---Half the front page of the entire paper. The whole front page of the sports section except for a little bit at the bottom, two whole pages in the middle of the sports section.

For the Beavers---3/4's of a whole page in the middle

For the Vikings---1/4 of a page above the scores for other college games. At least we got a quarter.

Now tell me Portland is not a Duck town. I hate the Ducks!
JAL
The Ducks and Beavs are Oregon's teams. Same with the Griz and Cats in Montana. PSU is the equivilant of Rocky Mountain College in Montana here. I really mean no offense by it at all but that's the way it is, it's not just Portland - and as much as I think PSU deserves more press - I guarantee you more people in Portland will want to see coverage of UO and OSU.

JALMOND
October 29th, 2007, 09:24 PM
JAL
The Ducks and Beavs are Oregon's teams. Same with the Griz and Cats in Montana. PSU is the equivilant of Rocky Mountain College in Montana here. I really mean no offense by it at all but that's the way it is, it's not just Portland - and as much as I think PSU deserves more press - I guarantee you more people in Portland will want to see coverage of UO and OSU.

More coverage of Portland State in Portland means more coverage of the whole conference in a major metro center. If PSU could average 15000 fans for its conference home games, think about what that would do for the conference as a whole. I use 15000 because that is the goal Glanville is striving for. Its still DI football and damn fine football as well, conference-wise. This is not Linfield and I would think the Portland media would someday stop linking us with them. We're not DII. The gap is not THAT wide.

Sidenote, you have to be happy with the new Comcast sports network. The big coup they got was showing the ASU/Duck game this weekend, and an added bonus of PSU/Montana as the lead in game. You'll get to wear both caps!!!