PDA

View Full Version : AGS Crazy 8’s Survival League - Week 10, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
October 31st, 2022, 11:17 AM
So, here we are. Only 24 teams left to pick. Only 72 teams picked so far. We have great minds at AGS, and I suspect a tiebreaker will be looming after Week 12. We shall see.

Week 9 saw six players take an elimination week (I really need to rename this for next year). Unfortunately, three of those resulted in the end of a player's Crazy 8's Survival League season. We currently have 13 active players, with six of those having taken on one elimination week. Everybody is within seven picks of the leader (nice work MTfan4life), and that is with two players having missed a week of picks (bad score-wise, but good in that these players still have eight additional teams at their disposal).

Please let me know if there is anything I have missed, and as always, the updated scoreboard and everyone's pick sheets are available through the link in my signature.

This week's (Week 10) form is now available, AND I must remind everyone that the deadline is this THURSDAY @ 7:30 PM ET.

MAKE WEEK 10 SURVIVAL PICKS HERE (https://forms.gle/Zjk3Unm6s7acQc3E6)
Deadline: Thu, Nov 3 @ 7:30 PM ET

----------

Also, here are this week's games (stolen directly from Chalupa Batman - many thanks, and I almost joined you in your game by going with Southeastern Louisiana. Yikes!) xdrunkyx

Thursday, November 3
Alabama A&M @ Mississippi Valley State (on ESPNU)

Friday, November 4
Alcorn State @ Prairie View A&M (on ESPNU)

Saturday, November 5
Brown @ Yale
Robert Morris @ Charleston Southern
Sacred Heart @ Duquesne
Lehigh @ Holy Cross
Norfolk State @ North Carolina A&T
Saint Francis (PA) @ Georgetown
Morgan State @ Stony Brook
Dartmouth @ Princeton
Penn @ Cornell
North Dakota @ Indiana State
Fordham @ Bucknell
Lafayette @ Colgate
Columbia @ Harvard
Dayton @ Presbyterian
Wagner @ Stonehill
William & Mary @ Hampton
Monmouth @ Delaware
Maine @ Rhode Island
Central Connecticut State @ Long Island University
Stetson @ Davidson
Marist @ Morehead State
Kennesaw State @ UT Martin
Delaware State @ South Carolina State
Missouri State @ South Dakota
Campbell @ Bryant
Villanova @ Towson
Albany @ Elon
Howard @ North Carolina Central
Wofford @ Western Carolina
St. Thomas (MN) @ Valparaiso
Chattanooga @ The Citadel
North Dakota State @ Western Illinois
Lindenwood @ Tennessee Tech
Youngstown State @ Illinois State
Eastern Washington @ Idaho
Sacramento State @ Weber State
Northwestern State @ Texas A&M-Commerce
Arkansas-Pine Bluff @ Grambling State
VMI @ Samford
Houston Christian @ Incarnate Word
New Hampshire @ Richmond
Southeastern Louisiana @ Lamar
Alabama State @ Bethune-Cookman
Butler @ San Diego
Montana State @ Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado @ Portland State
Austin Peay @ North Alabama
Central Arkansas @ Eastern Kentucky
South Dakota State @ Northern Iowa
Southeast Missouri @ Tennessee State
Idaho State @ UC Davis
Jackson State @ Texas Southern
Abilene Christian @ Tarleton State
Southern @ Florida A&M
Cal Poly @ Montana
Eastern Illinois @ McNeese
Southern Utah @ Utah Tech

Libertine
October 31st, 2022, 11:32 AM
It was fun while it lasted.

POD Knows
October 31st, 2022, 11:45 AM
In but this is my last gasp I am afraid.

KPSUL
October 31st, 2022, 02:14 PM
Picks In. The use of a couple blue chips I've saved and live to play another week strategy.

Chalupa Batman
October 31st, 2022, 05:45 PM
Will final standings go solely on number of wins, or will any elimination weeks knock people below others who have not had any?

Preferred Walk-On
October 31st, 2022, 08:09 PM
Will final standings go solely on number of wins, or will any elimination weeks knock people below others who have not had any?

This is what I currently have in the rules:

8. The player(s) that survives the most weeks wins. However, for tie-breaking purposes, the following criteria (beyond how many weeks survived) will be used in this order: (a) combined number of weeks for eliminations, (b) number of correct picks, (c) number of times having a perfect week, and (d) least number of times reusing a team during the season.

Point (a) above refers to if the remaining active players had their final elimination week in the same week. Then, for example is player 1 had elimination weeks in week 3 and 11 and player 2 had eliminations in week 4 and 11, then player 2 would win that tiebreaker (sum is 15 vs. 14 for player 1). If everyone survives, then those with one elimination week will lose that first tiebreaker. Then we’ll go to additional tiebreakers (like # correct, and so on). I hope that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytripper
October 31st, 2022, 08:11 PM
Picks In. The use of a couple blue chips I've saved and live to play another week strategy.

Same here. It is getting tough.

Preferred Walk-On
October 31st, 2022, 08:15 PM
BTW, I have been ranking by # correct for the scoreboard, simply because it is clean looking. However, if everyone has one week lost, then the number of the week eliminated will factor in. I think this makes sense, because it would reward a player for going the longest before having a sub .600 week (which is kind of the point of a “survival” league, IMO).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
October 31st, 2022, 08:16 PM
Same here. It is getting tough.
I thought my picks last weekend were solid and I ended up getting 3 right. The combined records of the teams that beat the teams I picked was barely measurable.

MSUBobcat
November 2nd, 2022, 10:09 AM
In. Also used some blue bloods this round. Can't take 'em with ya.

caribbeanhen
November 2nd, 2022, 10:23 AM
I’m out ...great game and thank you for all of your efforts PWO

MR. CHICKEN
November 2nd, 2022, 12:30 PM
EASTERN ILLINOIS/MCNEESE STATE PLAY TONIGHT WEDNESDAY 11/2.............AH ASSUME.....WE MUST ENTER OURAH PICKS B/4 START OF THAT GAME....OR....DONOT.....CHOOSE TO COUNT IT...IN OURAH PICKS......BRAWK!

Preferred Walk-On
November 2nd, 2022, 12:44 PM
EASTERN ILLINOIS/MCNEESE STATE PLAY TONIGHT WEDNESDAY 11/2.............AH ASSUME.....WE MUST ENTER OURAH PICKS B/4 START OF THAT GAME....OR....DONOT.....CHOOSE TO COUNT IT...IN OURAH PICKS......BRAWK!

When did this happen, and do you have a link to a reference to the change in time? I have done a quick Google search, but cannot find the change (even on the teams' sites).

Here is what I will do. The deadline for this week's entries is still the same. If the EIU @ McNeese game is moved up to this evening, I will remove them as choices from the form, such that anyone that picked this game before this evening still gets to use it, but anyone picking after the game starts will not be able to use it (or even pick it, for that matter).

Appreciate any further updates about this game change. Thanks.

MR. CHICKEN
November 2nd, 2022, 12:47 PM
ACCORDING TO BONARAE'S WEEK 10 SCORE THREAD....THAT GAME IS TONIGHT!.....IT IS ALSO LISTED ON NCAA.COM AS SKEDDED TONIGHT........CLICK ON fcs LINK......I HAVE PROVIDED...THAT IS NCAA.COM....AWK!

Week 10 2022 Score Thread (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?316630-Week-10-2022-Score-Thread)

fcs (https://www.ncaa.com/scoreboard/football/fcs)

(https://www.ncaa.com/scoreboard/football/fbs)

(https://www.ncaa.com/scoreboard/football/fcs)

Preferred Walk-On
November 2nd, 2022, 12:51 PM
I'm in, and here are the other players that are in as of 12:53 PM CT on Wed, Nov 2:

POD Knows
crusader11
KPSUL
Daytripper
Chalupa Batman
MTfan4life
taper
MSUBobcat
Preferred Walk-On

Preferred Walk-On
November 2nd, 2022, 12:58 PM
Haven't seen a reference there either, so I'll wait and see. It seems odd that a change in time like that would not be mentioned anywhere on the InterWeb, as it affects travel (or already would have), tickets, and other logistics that I just don't see happening in complete silence. This is akin to the Colts moving out of Baltimore. Any Mayflower trucks involved?

caribbeanhen
November 2nd, 2022, 01:00 PM
Haven't seen a reference there either, so I'll wait and see. It seems odd that a change in time like that would not be mentioned anywhere on the InterWeb, as it affects travel (or already would have), tickets, and other logistics that I just don't see happening in complete silence. This is akin to the Colts moving out of Baltimore. Any Mayflower trucks involved?

haha

and here I always thought you were a younger guy, Mayflower trucks....

MR. CHICKEN
November 2nd, 2022, 01:05 PM
CLICK ON THE LITLE fcs......FROM NCAA.COM........SAYS 8PM WEDNESDAY ........JES' DUH MESSENGER.....AH FOUND UH LINK DAT VERIFIYS..........BRAWK

Preferred Walk-On
November 2nd, 2022, 02:18 PM
CLICK ON THE LITLE fcs......FROM NCAA.COM........SAYS 8PM WEDNESDAY ........JES' DUH MESSENGER.....AH FOUND UH LINK DAT VERIFIYS..........BRAWK

Fascinating. It does indeed say that.

I'll stick to the wait and see approach, and I guess if a player that has not submitted yet wants to guarantee the use of a team from this game, they will have to get it in by 8 PM ET this evening to make sure the teams are available from the dropdown list in the form. What I'll do is suspend these two teams as potential choices at 8 PM ET, and once I am sure that there is no game (which I suspect is what will happen), I'll reinstate these choices in the dropdown. If there is a game, then obviously the team choices will not be reinstated.

Just weird. xcrazyx

OhioHen
November 2nd, 2022, 07:38 PM
Both schools' sites still list the game as being on Saturday.

MR. CHICKEN
November 2nd, 2022, 07:57 PM
..AH DON'T CARE ONE WAY..OR OTHERAH.......JES' NOTICED BONARAE'S POST...AN' WANTED TA SAVE GAME PLAYERS......SOME HEARTACHE....IFIN' THEY WEREN'T IN YET...BUT WANTED THAT GAME.........BRAWK!

Preferred Walk-On
November 2nd, 2022, 09:32 PM
..AH DON'T CARE ONE WAY..OR OTHERAH.......JES' NOTICED BONARAE'S POST...AN' WANTED TA SAVE GAME PLAYERS......SOME HEARTACHE....IFIN' THEY WEREN'T IN YET...BUT WANTED THAT GAME.........BRAWK!

We now have confirmation it was a false alarm: https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?316630-Week-10-2022-Score-Thread&p=3088917&viewfull=1#post3088917

Choices are still in the dropdown, and tomorrow is still the deadline.

OhioHen
November 3rd, 2022, 08:37 AM
In

Preferred Walk-On
November 3rd, 2022, 11:51 AM
Just a quick update (and bump). With about 7.5 shopping hours left, here are your Week 10 entrants (looking for two more):

POD Knows
crusader11
KPSUL
Daytripper
Chalupa Batman
MTfan4life
taper
MSUBobcat
Preferred Walk-On
TheValleyRaider
OhioHen

Catbooster