PDA

View Full Version : College GameDay going to Jackson State

JacksFan40
October 23rd, 2022, 01:33 PM
https://twitter.com/collegegameday/status/1584220628684484608?s=46&t=_QFdKDtVy4CSg9j3LmbuBw

Very cool for Jackson State to get this, GameDay is an incredible event to be able to host. Enjoy it.

Also love seeing the salty P5 fans complaining that GameDay won’t be there to see Penn State get thrashed by Ohio State.

GAD
October 23rd, 2022, 01:37 PM
xthumbsupx

UNHWildcat18
October 23rd, 2022, 02:08 PM
Penn state is such an overrated team this year. 56-10 Ohio state

Panther88
October 23rd, 2022, 04:23 PM

Firstly, this ^^^^^^^^^^^. Indeed! Go Bucks!

Lastly, Go SWAC! 👏🏿👍🏿💪🏿

POD Knows
October 23rd, 2022, 04:38 PM
This might be cool, I might actually watch GameDay next Saturday

JSUSoutherner
October 23rd, 2022, 04:58 PM
This. The Penn State fans like to think they're relevant for the first half of the season until they're humbled by Ohio State or Michigan.

Ohio State will have GameDay for the Michigan game.

McNeese75
October 23rd, 2022, 07:37 PM
Good for Jackson State xdrunkyx

mvfcfan
October 24th, 2022, 02:46 AM
They should have chose a real FCS game like Fordham (6-1) @ Holy Cross (7-0) or Idaho (5-2) @ Sac State (7-0). Jackson State is a paper tiger and nothing more.

mvemjsunpx
October 24th, 2022, 03:20 AM
They should have chose a real FCS game like Fordham (6-1) @ Holy Cross (7-0) or Idaho (5-2) @ Sac State (7-0). Jackson State is a paper tiger and nothing more.

Jackson State also has a celebrity as a coach and a far bigger fan base than any of those four teams.

OhioHen
October 24th, 2022, 09:51 AM
This might be cool, I might actually watch GameDay next Saturday
No reason to watch it most weeks. HBCU atmosphere should be great for the otherwise boring program.

- - - Updated - - -

Jackson State also has a celebrity as a coach and a far bigger fan base than any of those four teams.
I would venture to say that Jackson State has a bigger fan base than those four teams combined.

DFW HOYA
October 24th, 2022, 09:58 AM

People know who Deion Sanders is by sight. Quick: can you name the head of coach of Fordham or Holy Cross? How many viewers would?

caribbeanhen
October 24th, 2022, 10:53 AM
People know who Deion Sanders is by sight. Quick: can you name the head of coach of Fordham or Holy Cross? How many viewers would?

I can name Holy Cross, Fordham on the tip of my tongue but ultimately escapes me like that millennial who asked me the other day who is that guy on my avatar

crusader11
October 24th, 2022, 11:14 AM
While Holy Cross has some alums at ESPN in decision-making positions, it would be such a mistake and flop to bring Game Day to Fitton Field.

Panther88
October 24th, 2022, 04:18 PM

No one wants to see that LARGE fanbase of 113 people xlolx + 27 cops on a national broadcast, yet alone the 3K fans in the stands.

The SU/JSU game has all of sold out 60K for eons now, hosted in JXN, regardless of the IC foes' records. I understand that you cannot relate to any of it.

Obscurity. xlolx

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 26th, 2022, 12:57 PM

Agreed but we are talking about ESPN. They pick based off the field first.

Arthur
October 27th, 2022, 03:33 AM
The only thing better than GameDay being in your town is GameDay not being in your rival’s town. FMWhatsapp

FUGameBreaker
October 27th, 2022, 09:35 AM
The truth is they would be at Penn St. if not for Jackson St. being enticing enough, none of those other games would even tickle their fancy one bit

GAD
October 27th, 2022, 03:40 PM
Haters gonna hate...

GAD
October 27th, 2022, 05:54 PM
The Game Day buses will arrive shortly

https://youtu.be/3E_LrgHWb5c

OhioHen
October 27th, 2022, 06:58 PM
The truth is they would be at Penn St. if not for Jackson St. being enticing enough, none of those other games would even tickle their fancy one bit
I'll take an HBCU atmosphere over Crappy Valley, PA any day.

Panther88
October 27th, 2022, 10:29 PM
Very good.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu1CHXxWbaI

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2022, 08:45 AM
Looks like a good turnout for GameDay at JSU!

POD Knows
October 29th, 2022, 10:17 AM
LMFAO. Lee Corso and Sanders are tied for career interceptions at FSU. And Weber State made the highlight reel for their awesome special teams play against MSU

Panther88
October 29th, 2022, 09:23 PM
That was a hella' notification to send to the G5s et al that we are coming for what is originally ours. We are SWAC! 💪🏿

Bisonoline
October 29th, 2022, 10:28 PM
That was a hella' notification to send to the G5s et al that we are coming for what is originally ours. We are SWAC! 

Thats funny considering they arent even a good FCS team.

unknown-swac
October 29th, 2022, 11:17 PM
Yet the one getting the most attention in fcs right now. It shows how the hate for that oozes through you guys veins lol. They're not even that good! We need to talk about all the fcs teams that weren't good that are now in the G5 or nah? If that mattered as much as people here want to make it seem NDSU would already be fbs.

Bisonoline
October 29th, 2022, 11:34 PM
Yet the one getting the most attention in fcs right now. It shows how the hate for that oozes through you guys veins lol. They're not even that good! We need to talk about all the fcs teams that weren't good that are now in the G5 or nah? If that mattered as much as people here want to make it seem NDSU would already be fbs.

Interesting that stating a fact equates to hate which then leads to a non-sensical FBS rant. But you keep doing you. xrolleyesxxcoffeex

Panther88
October 30th, 2022, 06:40 AM

I lmaooo at these insipid "fcs" humans.

Most are inherently abhorrent. Go look at their "we play grate foosball" attendance #s from this past w/e in NobodyCares, USA. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx It's hard for them to accept the brutal truth that absolutely no one in america or the ESPN universe cares about their alleged "grate" lol product at the d-1 "fcs" level.

In a rain capped delay ridden Saturday through 2 differing states, SWAC IC games drew 67K, 54K, 19K, and even our little bitty campus stadium was capacity at 15K inside the game and literally another 70K-80K just outside the stadium. Burn.

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

POD Knows
October 30th, 2022, 09:46 AM

Most are inherently abhorrent. Go look at their "we play grate foosball" attendance #s from this past w/e in NobodyCares, USA. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx It's hard for them to accept the brutal truth that absolutely no one in america or the ESPN universe cares about their alleged "grate" lol product at the d-1 "fcs" level.

In a rain capped delay ridden Saturday through 2 differing states, SWAC IC games drew 67K, 54K, 19K, and even our little bitty campus stadium was capacity at 15K inside the game and literally another 70K-80K just outside the stadium. Burn.

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaoxIs that how we judge football quality now, the number of drunks in the parking lot? That being said, JSU is a real good football team, I have watched several of their games this year and they "look" like the real deal to me. The rest of the SWAC is dog****, deal with that. Also, that Cambell win by JSU isn't looking too good now considering they got beat by NCAT, who got boat raced by a very average NDSU team by 40. If that puts it in perspective for you

Anyway, great showing in Jackson yesterday for Gameday, first Gameday I have watched since it was in Brookings, SD a couple years back. The quality of that show has gone downhill which is probably another reason I won't watch another one for a while until they go someplace that interests me.

MR. CHICKEN
October 30th, 2022, 09:59 AM
AH'D LIKE TA SEE GAME [email protected]!

Panther88
October 30th, 2022, 10:53 AM
lmaooooo xlmaox

"You ain't SWAC." :D lol CVs are in overdrive right now.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/u9tvY4zXhlE

JacksFan40
October 30th, 2022, 12:46 PM

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox
Good for the HBCU schools, they have great history and great fanbases. This doesn’t change the fact that the MEAC/SWAC can’t compete even with middle tier FCS teams. Keep playing in your little bubble down South, we all know those fans wouldn’t be showing up if you played real teams.

Panther88
October 30th, 2022, 01:09 PM
Good for the HBCU schools, they have great history and great fanbases. This doesn’t change the fact that the MEAC/SWAC can’t compete even with middle tier FCS teams. Keep playing in your little bubble down South, we all know those fans wouldn’t be showing up if you played real teams.

Probably because our fanbase has enough common sense to have NO interest in both YOU AND your little bitty puke school(s). Alabama, TOSU, Clemson, et al P5ers are actual real teams. The ret is nothing, or is america lying w/ their support? *crickets*

Burn. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 30th, 2022, 01:18 PM
Feeding the troll that infects this forum....xcoffeex

JacksFan40
October 30th, 2022, 01:38 PM
Probably because our fanbase has enough common sense to have NO interest in both YOU AND your little bitty puke school(s). Alabama, TOSU, Clemson, et al P5ers are actual real teams. The ret is nothing, or is america lying w/ their support? *crickets*

Burn. :D
Man you guys must really suck if you won’t play these supposed “little bitty puke schools”. You guys have a nice thing going with the Celebration Bowl, it makes good money and it lets teams like 6-5 SC State feel important because they won against an overrated Jackson State. Meanwhile FAMU was getting blasted by a SE Louisiana team who wasn’t even in the top tier of the FCS.

Let’s not pretend like you guys are anywhere near the FBS level, let alone at the level of Alabama and Clemson. You guys aren’t even at the level of New Mexico State and UL-Monroe, let alone even mid tier P5 programs like Iowa and Minnesota. We actually compete with those mid tier P5 programs, the SWAC/MEAC don’t.

ElCid
October 30th, 2022, 01:48 PM
We are really talking about two different things: quality of play and GameDay experience. I think the SWAC had great game day experience. And that is something that has declined at most other schools. But that experience and tradition doesn't necessarily translate into higher quality of teams on the field. JSU has a great season going, but nobody should think that they can compete on the field with the more successful conferences. They would be mid tier in most, this year. They might get a first round win in the playoffs, but they'd be toast after that. But we will never know.....

unknown-swac
October 30th, 2022, 02:57 PM
The thing is, you folks are the only ones that care about that and still don't seem to get that. App and JMU aren't the best FBS teams but guess what, they're still better off than being the "best" fcs team. This thread was about gameday, and of course the Karens have to come in with the "but they aren't good" nonsense. Well, tell ESPN that being good matters more than eyeballs.

ElCid
October 30th, 2022, 03:33 PM
The thing is, you folks are the only ones that care about that and still don't seem to get that. App and JMU aren't the best FBS teams but guess what, they're still better off than being the "best" fcs team. This thread was about gameday, and of course the Karens have to come in with the "but they aren't good" nonsense. Well, tell ESPN that being good matters more than eyeballs.

But nobody really cares what ESPN thinks. They are not relevant to the vast majority of people.

And just a warning, keep you sly political statements off here. Ursus will not tolerate it.

Panther88
October 30th, 2022, 03:33 PM

These ugly people are clueless. As if they or their irrelevant opinion is supposed to hold weight.

The proof is in the pudding: national appeal, national broadcastS plural, decently large fanbases which could give 2 sh7ts or its left testicle what happens in puke, north dakotey or any "fcs" team in that region.

Let them burn. Burn _o! :D

Panther88
October 30th, 2022, 03:37 PM
Man you guys must really suck if you won’t play these supposed “little bitty puke schools”. You guys have a nice thing going with the Celebration Bowl, it makes good money and it lets teams like 6-5 SC State feel important because they won against an overrated Jackson State. Meanwhile FAMU was getting blasted by a SE Louisiana team who wasn’t even in the top tier of the FCS.

Let’s not pretend like you guys are anywhere near the FBS level, let alone at the level of Alabama and Clemson. You guys aren’t even at the level of New Mexico State and UL-Monroe, let alone even mid tier P5 programs like Iowa and Minnesota. We actually compete with those mid tier P5 programs, the SWAC/MEAC don’t.

lol Who cares what you "fcs" people do? Seriously, who cares? The SEC? B1G? Pac XII? xlolx "If a tree falls in the 'grate' forest of 'fcs,' does the advanced civilization in China actually care?" xconfusedx

xlmaox

Bisonoline
October 30th, 2022, 03:39 PM

Bingo

Bisonoline
October 30th, 2022, 03:43 PM
These ugly people are clueless. As if they or their irrelevant opinion is supposed to hold weight.

The proof is in the pudding: national appeal, national broadcastS plural, decently large fanbases which could give 2 sh7ts or its left testicle what happens in puke, north dakotey or any "fcs" team in that region.

Let them burn. Burn _o! :D

Cant help that we know the difference between good FB and bad FB. But you keep clutching those pearls.

katss07
October 30th, 2022, 03:44 PM
No they’re not. They’re as irrelevant as they were in the FCS. Poor examples.

Panther88
October 30th, 2022, 03:49 PM
Cant help that we know the difference between good FF and bad FB. But you keep clutching those pearls.

Good and bad fball has what to do w/ a national broadcast of an ESPN gem on a Saturday morning?

I seriously look forward to ESPN following this past w/e up w/ a similar broadcast of a 1st round "fcs" game on Thanksgiving w/e.

I'll save my "lols" and "lmaooos" until that time as anticipated crowds of 108,000+ inundate those great football powerhouse campuses. xthumbsupx

POD Knows
October 30th, 2022, 03:57 PM
Good and bad fball has what to do w/ a national broadcast of an ESPN gem on a Saturday morning?

I seriously look forward to ESPN following this past w/e up w/ a similar broadcast of a 1st round "fcs" game on Thanksgiving w/e.

I'll save my "lols" and "lmaooos" until that time as anticipated crowds of 108,000+ inundate those great football powerhouse campuses. xthumbsupxThe SWAC is a charity case, Neon temporarily drug you out of the football gutter, you will be back in it, sooner rather than later.

But keep filling those stadiums up as that is the real barometer of football greatness, oh, and the bands, yea, that adds greatness. LMFAO xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxl maoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlma oxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

GAD
October 30th, 2022, 04:00 PM
Despite losing and it being a windy rainy day I had a great time at Game Day. I ran into a bunch of old friends and youtube personalities

Panther88
October 30th, 2022, 04:10 PM
The SWAC is a charity case, Neon temporarily drug you out of the football gutter, you will be back in it, sooner rather than later.

But keep filling those stadiums up as that is the real barometer of football greatness, oh, and the bands, yea, that adds greatness. LMFAO xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxl maoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlma oxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

My advanced spirit tells me you are fronting those fake lols like a DBAH, eh? xconfusedx 'Tis true?

"Good broadcast and representation, even w/ rainy storms during the day" - human w/ common sense.
"Grrrrrr xmadx... bad foosball.. band... too many fans... warm air in the south.... happy people... people don't care about me or my school.... we obscure in the national landscape..." - DBAH w/ absolutely no common sense.

P88 understands. So... transparent. Your "fcs" playoff thread is over there--->.

POD Knows
October 30th, 2022, 04:14 PM
My advanced spirit tells me you are fronting those fake lols like a DBAH, eh? xconfusedx 'Tis true?

"Good broadcast and representation, even w/ rainy storms during the day" - human w/ common sense.
"Grrrrrr xmadx... bad foosball.. band... too many fans... warm air in the south.... happy people... people don't care about me or my school.... we obscure in the national landscape..." - DBAH w/ absolutely no common sense.

P88 understands. So... transparent. Your "fcs" playoff thread is over there--->.Well, it is good thing you understand because nobody else does, except the secret handshake ****s that reside in your incoherent rant and "newspeak". Have a nice day

Panther88
October 30th, 2022, 04:23 PM
Well, it is good thing you understand because nobody else does, except the secret handshake ****s that reside in your incoherent rant and "newspeak". Have a nice day

It's no secret to those who understand the secrets. :D

Enjoy your "fcs" playoff talks. I'm sure they are entertaining to those who are interested. Time to go outside and lay some triazicide and watch grass grow.

POD Knows
October 30th, 2022, 04:27 PM
It's no secret to those who understand the secrets. :D

Enjoy your "fcs" playoff talks. I'm sure they are entertaining to those who are interested. Time to go outside and lay some triazicide and watch grass grow.Yea, secrets. Good luck with the grass, raking up dead stuff up here, we understand the cycle of life better than you, but it is secret. xnodx

Bisonoline
October 30th, 2022, 04:40 PM

I'll save my "lols" and "lmaooos" until that time as anticipated crowds of 108,000+ inundate those great football powerhouse campuses. xthumbsupx

That is quite obvious. It had more to do with the Huckster-carnival barker head coach.

When we were on game day--3 times at least one if not both teams were ranked.

JacksFan40
October 30th, 2022, 05:14 PM

P88 understands. So... transparent. Your "fcs" playoff thread is over there--->.
You seriously think any HBCU school even compares to NDSU in national prominence? You think any casual CFB fan even knows about Alcorn State, Prairie View A&M, Texas Southern, etc.? Give me a break. HBCU football is a product of the past, it hasn’t been relevant since the 1960s, and the only relevance it has is because of one coach, and once he’s bolted for the P5 you can kiss all this attention goodbye.

I was happy for Jackson State getting GameDay, hence why I started the thread. It’s a great experience, and I know that personally because GameDay came to my middle of nowhere school in Brookings, SD. They’ve also been to Fargo twice. How many times have they been to an HBCU in that same time span?

GAD
October 30th, 2022, 05:28 PM
Game Day has been to an HBCU 3 times
2005 Southern vs Grambling
2008 FAMU vs Hampton
2022 Jackson State vs Southern

unknown-swac
October 31st, 2022, 01:35 AM
But nobody really cares what ESPN thinks. They are not relevant to the vast majority of people.

And just a warning, keep you sly political statements off here. Ursus will not tolerate it.

lol nobody cares what ESPN thinks. Oh, alright.

unknown-swac
October 31st, 2022, 01:37 AM
The SWAC is a charity case, Neon temporarily drug you out of the football gutter, you will be back in it, sooner rather than later.

And you're a team that even CUSA opted to choose Liberty and SHSU over. Delusion runs deep over here.

unknown-swac
October 31st, 2022, 01:41 AM
You seriously think any HBCU school even compares to NDSU in national prominence? You think any casual CFB fan even knows about Alcorn State, Prairie View A&M, Texas Southern, etc.? Give me a break. HBCU football is a product of the past, it hasn’t been relevant since the 1960s, and the only relevance it has is because of one coach, and once he’s bolted for the P5 you can kiss all this attention goodbye.

I was happy for Jackson State getting GameDay, hence why I started the thread. It’s a great experience, and I know that personally because GameDay came to my middle of nowhere school in Brookings, SD. They’ve also been to Fargo twice. How many times have they been to an HBCU in that same time span?

You could ask about NDSU's "prestige" to anyone belong the mason dixon line and I hate to tell you but, no one cares that much lol. Better yet, ask ESPN which game they'd rather show, JSU and SU or NDSU or X big sky team. Hell half your fans were all over on the CUSA board hoping for an invite.

OhioHen
October 31st, 2022, 07:48 AM
Nothing to do with hate. If Georgetown hired Deion Sanders, THEY would be the FCS team getting all the attention because that attention is focused on "Prime Time" not on the football team.

OhioHen
October 31st, 2022, 07:50 AM
SWAC IC games drew 67K, 54K, 19K, and even our little bitty campus stadium was capacity at 15K inside the game and literally another 70K-80K just outside the stadium.
The ones in the stadium are there for the bands, not the quality of the football.
The ones outside are there for the beer and the barbecue.

OhioHen
October 31st, 2022, 07:53 AM

To be fair, the current incarnation of Jackson State would probably do well against New Mexico State. A few years after Sanders jumps ship, probably not.

OhioHen
October 31st, 2022, 07:57 AM
Well, it is good thing you understand because nobody else does, except the secret handshake ****s that reside in your incoherent rant and "newspeak". Have a nice day
Don't forget P88's "tribe" that would NEVER associate with scum such as you and me.

Panther88
October 31st, 2022, 10:37 AM
Don't forget P88's "tribe" that would NEVER associate with scum such as you and me.

N-E-V-E-R X infinity + 1. xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

Panther88
October 31st, 2022, 10:43 AM
You could ask about NDSU's "prestige" to anyone belong the mason dixon line and I hate to tell you but, no one cares that much lol. Better yet, ask ESPN which game they'd rather show, JSU and SU or NDSU or X big sky team. Hell half your fans were all over on the CUSA board hoping for an invite.

These folk are clue-------->less.

Outside looking in, griping, unhappy, ... I would be xmadx as well if I had to sit through a fball game in Puke, UpNorth 99 inches of snow w/ grizzly bear clothes on to keep warm and watch some "grate" fball america simply doesn't care about. xconfusedx

america loves "roll tide!" "go bucks!" "go irish!" "gator chomp" "gig'em" where "real fball" is played.

Bisonoline
October 31st, 2022, 01:31 PM

I spend a lot of time in TX. I am constantly engaged in conversation on our great brand of football. Not once have we ever been lumped in conversation about the swac.
We are constantly included in FBS talk with comparisons etc etc.

What do some NDSU fans wanting CUSA have to do with anything?

unknown-swac
October 31st, 2022, 03:52 PM
No they’re not. They’re as irrelevant as they were in the FCS. Poor examples.

LOL... making the top 25 in FBS is being as irrelevant in FCS. Got it. Yet, they've both garnered more attention in one year in the Sunbelt than they did the whole time they were in the CAA. Folks, homerism is cool but don't be foolish. And if being tops in FCS is so great, why exactly are you guys moving to CUSA? Along with App, Georgia Southern, ODU, JMU and the many others that are posturing to move up to be more "irrelevant" in FBS. Sometimes you just have to use logic and this isn't it. Atmosphere wise, considering that's what this topic is about, there isn't a single FCS team that comes close to JSU. SHSU, as "great" as they are, can barely draw flies.

Panther88
October 31st, 2022, 07:03 PM
LOL... making the top 25 in FBS is being as irrelevant in FCS. Got it. Yet, they've both garnered more attention in one year in the Sunbelt than they did the whole time they were in the CAA. Folks, homerism is cool but don't be foolish. And if being tops in FCS is so great, why exactly are you guys moving to CUSA? Along with App, Georgia Southern, ODU, JMU and the many others that are posturing to move up to be more "irrelevant" in FBS. Sometimes you just have to use logic and this isn't it. Atmosphere wise, considering that's what this topic is about, there isn't a single FCS team that comes close to JSU. SHSU, as "great" as they are, can barely draw flies.

Their faux is blinding w/ glaring seething. xreadx

Bisonoline
October 31st, 2022, 07:08 PM

Actually it was you who made it about atmosphere as that was the only thing you could fall back on.

Bisonoline
October 31st, 2022, 07:09 PM
Their faux is blinding w/ glaring seething. xreadx

Actually those that know about FB are amused.

If you and your new found puppy wouldnt have been so defensive you would have realized that most understand it was all about the show.

Panther88
October 31st, 2022, 08:16 PM

If you and your new found puppy wouldnt have been so defensive you would have realized that most understand it was all about the show.
Faux. :-//////////

unknown-swac
October 31st, 2022, 11:36 PM

You can be amused all you choose. But at the end of the day it was the SWAC and the MEAC that got the first FCS bowl game that they actually make money off of. Vs, having to actually pay and lose money to play in the FCS playoffs. Perhaps that's why all of the decent teams are trying to leave. Amusing is when people come in with the "but we're so much better" on a GAMEDAY topic. It makes you seem even more small fry than you already are. NDSU wanted in CUSA, Delaware wants to leave, Missouri State wants to leave and i'm sure there are plenty of others. JMU would've been gone 5 years ago if they could've gotten into the AAC. It was you goofy bison fans that think you're Alabama that came in here with the "but er mah gawd, there could've been so much better choices" nonsense. I'm sure you guys are big time up there, but in the south, no one cares chief.

Bisonoline
November 1st, 2022, 12:00 AM
You can be amused all you choose. But at the end of the day it was the SWAC and the MEAC that got the first FCS bowl game that they actually make money off of. Vs, having to actually pay and lose money to play in the FCS playoffs. Perhaps that's why all of the decent teams are trying to leave. Amusing is when people come in with the "but we're so much better" on a GAMEDAY topic. It makes you seem even more small fry than you already are. NDSU wanted in CUSA, Delaware wants to leave, Missouri State wants to leave and i'm sure there are plenty of others. JMU would've been gone 5 years ago if they could've gotten into the AAC. It was you goofy bison fans that think you're Alabama that came in here with the "but er mah gawd, there could've been so much better choices" nonsense. I'm sure you guys are big time up there, but in the south, no one cares chief.

https://i.imgur.com/TcD43x6.gif

unknown-swac
November 1st, 2022, 11:42 PM
I'll just leave this here.

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1587531609569259520

unknown-swac
November 1st, 2022, 11:43 PM
Don't really think anything else needs to be said. But they're not good!

JacksFan40
November 2nd, 2022, 01:09 PM
NDSU didn’t want into the C-USA, that was just some angry Bison fans on Bisonville who are desperate to move up. NDSU won’t move up unless the MWC comes calling. JMU didn’t move up in the past when offered by the C-USA and old SBC, they waited until a much better offer came along, which is the new SBC. The AAC was never going to pull from the FCS, considering they viewed themselves as part of the “P6”.

You’re right nobody cares about NDSU in the South, same as how nobody cares about the HBCUs outside of the South. Nobody in the Northeast, the Midwest, the Mountain West, the Southwest, or the West Coast cares about HBCU football. They only care about Deion Sanders. NC A&T won like four Celebration Bowls in a five year span and got about as much press coverage as Mankato State did for a D2 runner up in 2019. Once Deion bolts for the P5, you’ll see how popular HBCU football actually is.

JacksFan40
November 2nd, 2022, 01:16 PM
I'll just leave this here.

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1587531609569259520
That still doesn’t even match what GameDay got when it went to Kansas earlier this year.

2.3 million average viewers
2.98 million final hour viewers
3.5 million viewers at its peak

Judging by the ratings numbers week by week, Jackson State had the lowest ratings of the season. Kansas had the best.

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2022, 01:38 PM
That still doesn’t even match what GameDay got when it went to Kansas earlier this year.

2.3 million average viewers
2.98 million final hour viewers
3.5 million viewers at its peak

Judging by the ratings numbers week by week, Jackson State had the lowest ratings of the season. Kansas had the best.Don't burst their bubble with facts,

Panther88
November 2nd, 2022, 01:48 PM
Going head-to-head vs (a) P5 schools in notoriety and viewership makes the deal even better. Comparative vs "rock chalk" "chalk rock," whatever that tomfoolery is, in flatland, usa is a good thing.

While here, stick around and compare the viewership of that specific gameday vs combined round #1 games located in NobodyCares, __ ( <--- insert your puke state name there)

unknown-swac
November 2nd, 2022, 02:31 PM
SO we're matching fbs teams now lol. What does have to do with FCS? Folks looking for any reason to slight them, mostly NDSU folks. How were those ratings compared to NDSU's gameday though? I already know, btw.

JacksFan40
November 2nd, 2022, 02:34 PM
SO we're matching fbs teams now lol. What does have to do with FCS?
Because you were trying to act like the GameDay numbers for Jackson were somehow impressive, they’re not. They pale in comparison to literally any other GameDay. I couldn’t find the numbers for either SDSU or NDSU when GameDay went there, but I’d reckon it’s about on par with Jackson State’s numbers.

unknown-swac
November 2nd, 2022, 02:38 PM
Because you were trying to act like the GameDay numbers for Jackson were somehow impressive, they’re not. They pale in comparison to literally any other GameDay. I couldn’t find the numbers for either SDSU or NDSU when GameDay went there, but I’d reckon it’s about on par with Jackson State’s numbers.

No, actually they weren't lol. But hey, you got 7 championships and are the cream of the crop!

JacksFan40
November 2nd, 2022, 02:38 PM
Going head-to-head vs (a) P5 schools in notoriety and viewership makes the deal even better. Comparative vs "rock chalk" "chalk rock," whatever that tomfoolery is, in flatland, usa is a good thing.

While here, stick around and compare the viewership of that specific gameday vs combined round #1 games located in NobodyCares, __ ( <--- insert your puke state name there)
GameDay came to my puke state school in 2019, and not because of our coach but because they actually were interested in our program and wanted to highlight the biggest game of the FCS season up to that point. They have also went to that puke state school in Fargo, twice to be exact. As well as JMU when they were FCS back in like 2014 or 2015. Quit acting like people care about HBCU football, they don’t, they only care about Deion. Nobody batted an eye during NC A&Ts Celebration Bowl dominance from 2015-2020. It got about as much attention as Mankato State did when they got D2 runner up in 2019. I’d also bet Mankato could beat half of the MEAC/SWAC teams as well.

JacksFan40
November 2nd, 2022, 02:42 PM
No, actually they weren't lol. But hey, you got 7 championships and are the cream of the crop!
Show me the numbers because all I can find from 2019 is when the Gophers hosted GameDay and had great numbers. Show me the SDSU/NDSU numbers and compare them to the other GameDays in the same year.

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2022, 03:43 PM
No, actually they weren't lol. But hey, you got 7 championships and are the cream of the crop!It is 9 and NDSU would beat every team in the SWAC or MEAC like a dog. And don't give the Jacks any championships, they don't have any yet.

putter
November 2nd, 2022, 03:52 PM
I remember Mississippi Valley coming to Missoula and their fans were great. They hoped to have a home and home so we could travel down there, which would be an amazing trip to be a part of. I agree, the culture of the SWAC and MEAC are their own with the bands and history. For me it is disappointing we don't have more games with them. Let's be honest, GameDay was about Prime with the JSU atmosphere being secondary, but it is still a feather in the JSU cap to have them go to Jackson. Our conference is beginning to look stupid at how they are pandering to ESPN to get Gameday to come to a Big Sky school.

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2022, 04:05 PM
I remember Mississippi Valley coming to Missoula and their fans were great. They hoped to have a home and home so we could travel down there, which would be an amazing trip to be a part of. I agree, the culture of the SWAC and MEAC are their own with the bands and history. For me it is disappointing we don't have more games with them. Let's be honest, GameDay was about Prime with the JSU atmosphere being secondary, but it is still a feather in the JSU cap to have them go to Jackson. Our conference is beginning to look stupid at how they are pandering to ESPN to get Gameday to come to a Big Sky school.
As near as I can tell, NDSU is 6-0 against the SWAC and MEAC (excluding NCAT as they moved up) and the combined scores are 327 to 30. Zero interest in scheduling any games with them, much less a H&H. I don't think the games would be as lopsided as the 4 we had played but pretty close I am afraid.

putter
November 2nd, 2022, 04:50 PM

Agree. The score of that MVSU game was 55-0 and part of the guarantee to play was $500 of protein powder....

Panther88
November 2nd, 2022, 05:12 PM
You folk allegedly have a grate product yet no one in america cares for it, including your own fans. Make it make sense.

What a severe waste of broadband and keystrokes. xsmhx

BisonFan02
November 2nd, 2022, 06:04 PM
As near as I can tell, NDSU is 6-0 against the SWAC and MEAC (excluding NCAT as they moved up) and the combined scores are 327 to 30. Zero interest in scheduling any games with them, much less a H&H. I don't think the games would be as lopsided as the 4 we had played but pretty close I am afraid.

The Fargodome had to loan headset equipment the Mississippi Valley State when they came to play in Fargo. I remember hearing stories about Delaware State players ****ing around in the Holiday Inn pool area till after bar close and their coaches were downtown after hours as well the night before the game. xlolx Totally came ready to play.

OhioHen
November 2nd, 2022, 07:09 PM
Which is six more than ALL of the SWAC and MEAC combined, with the only championship belonging to FAMU in 1978 (when only four teams participated in the playoffs) and a total of ZERO other championship game appearances..

putter
November 2nd, 2022, 07:14 PM
When Stephen F Austin came to Missoula for an opening round playoff game, there were a lot of pictures of their team at local bars drinking and having shots. They had the #1 scoring offense in the nation that year and got beat 51-0

Sader87
November 2nd, 2022, 08:41 PM
I'm glad JSU and Prime got the exposure but Gameday missed maybe the FCS game of the year at Fitton last Saturday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00UzdVZPmlY&amp;t=3s

mvemjsunpx
November 2nd, 2022, 08:47 PM
Which is six more than ALL of the SWAC and MEAC combined, with the only championship belonging to FAMU in 1978 (when only four teams participated in the playoffs) and a total of ZERO other championship game appearances..

They technically have zero since FAMU was still in the SIAC then.

Panther88
November 2nd, 2022, 08:55 PM
I'm glad JSU and Prime got the exposure but Gameday missed maybe the FCS game of the year at Fitton last Saturday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00UzdVZPmlY&amp;t=3s
America doesn't want to see that puke sh6t show with a whopping 548 fans in the stands. xsmhx

caribbeanhen
November 2nd, 2022, 08:59 PM
You folk allegedly have a grate product yet no one in america cares for it, including your own fans. Make it make sense.

What a severe waste of broadband and keystrokes. xsmhx

Do it like the Little League World Series

Winner of the Celebration Bowl plays a slimmed down to 16 team FCS playoff winner for the National Championship

LLWS has an International Champion that plays the U.S. championship but I realize the international name doesn’t work, just have to change it to something that does

North Dakota State versus Jackson state is just too delicious not to happen. Sanders would sign up if the price was right... right?

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2022, 09:51 PM
Do it like the Little League World Series

Winner of the Celebration Bowl plays a slimmed down to 16 team FCS playoff winner for the National Championship

LLWS has an International Champion that plays the U.S. championship but I realize the international name doesn’t work, just have to change it to something that does

North Dakota State versus Jackson state is just too delicious not to happen. Sanders would sign up if the price was right... right?
Nope. Hard pass. No special consideration should be given.

JacksFan40
November 2nd, 2022, 11:22 PM
America doesn't want to see that puke sh6t show with a whopping 548 fans in the stands. xsmhx
Apparently America didn’t care about JSU either because they gave GameDay its lowest ratings of an otherwise record breaking season. Nobody cares about those puke schools in the SWAC/MEAC that haven’t been relevant since the 1960s.

Its funny as well because Holy Cross and Fordham got on Dan Patrick’s show because of the quality of football, JSU only gets attention because of Sanders. God knows it isn’t because of the mid tier D2 caliber football game that was JSU-Southern.

Bisonoline
November 2nd, 2022, 11:53 PM
Apparently America didn’t care about JSU either because they gave GameDay its lowest ratings of an otherwise record breaking season. Nobody cares about those puke schools in the SWAC/MEAC that haven’t been relevant since the 1960s.

Its funny as well because Holy Cross and Fordham got on Dan Patrick’s show because of the quality of football, JSU only gets attention because of Sanders. God knows it isn’t because of the mid tier D2 caliber football game that was JSU-Southern.

xnodxxnodx

Panther88
November 3rd, 2022, 07:41 AM

Psssssst... mafree'? Did you watch it? Were you one of those 1.8M who tuned in? xreadx Who is dan patrick? Never heard of him. lol So, I would never watch him, unless someone SWAC or MEAC were on his show. I'm more familiar w/ Finebaum, aren't you as well?

I guaran-mf'ing-tee you I will NOT see a single "fcs-playoff" team in any capacity on ANY streaming service in 2022 or beyond. :D

FTR, which set of schools are next on the graduate to FBS list, as they gain leadership intelligence & physically distance from you folk? xlolx Welcome back Idaho. You deserve to be around the same "type" schools lol.

Sader87
November 3rd, 2022, 09:07 AM

For the record, there were almost 18K at Fitton Saturday....which is a tremendous FCS crowd in this day and age.

Panther88
November 3rd, 2022, 09:18 AM
For the record, there were almost 18K at Fitton Saturday....which is a tremendous FCS crowd in this day and age.

I give credit where credit is due. You are correct. That is a tremendous crowd, considering the natural apathy for "fcs."

Ridge1982
November 3rd, 2022, 09:20 AM
I guaran-mf'ing-tee you I will NOT see a single "fcs-playoff" team in any capacity on ANY streaming service in 2022 or beyond. :D

ESPN has carried them for decades, but you knew that.

Enjoy Deion while he’s there.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2022, 09:20 AM
I give credit where credit is due. You are correct. That is a tremendous crowd, considering the natural apathy for "fcs."
There is a ton of apathy for a large segment of the FBS as well. You seen those crowd numbers?

Panther88
November 3rd, 2022, 09:37 AM
There is a ton of apathy for a large segment of the FBS as well. You seen those crowd numbers?

P5? Nope. G5? Yep.

Ask Idaho. They are a great example of what obscurity looks like as they returned where they belong. However, if they acquire the services of 20-25+ espn top-300, their notoriety morphs literally overnight.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2022, 09:51 AM
P5? Nope. G5? Yep.

Ask Idaho. They are a great example of what obscurity looks like as they returned where they belong. However, if they acquire the services of 20-25+ espn top-300, their notoriety morphs literally overnight.
G5 is FBS and all those “intelligent” institutions that you keep referencing that “moved” up to FBS are in G5 conferences.

JacksFan40
November 3rd, 2022, 10:10 AM
Psssssst... mafree'? Did you watch it? Were you one of those 1.8M who tuned in? xreadx Who is dan patrick? Never heard of him. lol So, I would never watch him, unless someone SWAC or MEAC were on his show. I'm more familiar w/ Finebaum, aren't you as well?

FTR, which set of schools are next on the graduate to FBS list, as they gain leadership intelligence & physically distance from you folk? xlolx Welcome back Idaho. You deserve to be around the same "type" schools lol.
You mean a streaming service like ESPN+? Because SDSU has 7 games on ESPN+ alongside of one on ESPN3 and one on FS1. Assuming we don’t choke in the playoffs we’ll get more national broadcast games. Judging by the HBCU schools, looks like they struggle to even get on ESPN+. So much for being popular.

Panther88
November 3rd, 2022, 11:02 AM
You mean a streaming service like ESPN+? Because SDSU has 7 games on ESPN+ alongside of one on ESPN3 and one on FS1. Assuming we don’t choke in the playoffs we’ll get more national broadcast games. Judging by the HBCU schools, looks like they struggle to even get on ESPN+. So much for being popular.

Butts in seats mean nothing? xsmhx

I'm done. smgdh

JacksFan40
November 3rd, 2022, 11:16 AM
Butts in seats mean nothing? xsmhx

I'm done. smgdh
SDSU outdraws every HBCU school for home games outside of Jackson State. Keep trying buckaroo.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2022, 11:25 AM
SDSU outdraws every HBCU school for home games outside of Jackson State. Keep trying buckaroo.The SWAC is just like the MVFC for attendance, a couple schools have pretty good attendance and the rest of the conference blows.

Panther88
November 3rd, 2022, 11:45 AM
G5 is FBS and all those “intelligent” institutions that you keep referencing that “moved” up to FBS are in G5 conferences.

Noooooooooo. Never knew that. I seriously need to distance from those 2 B1G schools. Geez.

xsmhx

- - - Updated - - -

SDSU outdraws every HBCU school for home games outside of Jackson State. Keep trying buckaroo.

I am not efforting, mafree'. *smug smiley*

Sitting Bull
November 3rd, 2022, 11:58 AM
This thread sucks

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2022, 02:07 PM
This thread sucks

Yep, just need to quit feeding the troll

WestCoastAggie
November 3rd, 2022, 04:18 PM
Did the ink dry on the game against Tennessee State? Isn't that a Home and Home?

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2022, 04:42 PM
Did the ink dry on the game against Tennessee State? Isn't that a Home and Home?Isn't Tennessee State in the OVC?? We have a H&H coming up with ETSU. I don't see anything on the schedule for Tennessee State

BisonFan02
November 3rd, 2022, 07:55 PM
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2022/08/13/tennessee-state-football-and-north-dakota-state-discussing-series/10294191002/

I don't know if it happened or not.....the "home and home" is a game in Fargo and a destination game at Nissan Stadium in Nashville.

rtzlunar
November 3rd, 2022, 10:57 PM
Isn't Tennessee State in the OVC?? We have a H&H coming up with ETSU. I don't see anything on the schedule for Tennessee State
Is it a coincidence that ETSU’s coach retired at the end of last season after losing the playoff game at NDSU?

NO MAS!

GAD
November 4th, 2022, 04:34 PM
The SWAC had almost 30 games on the ESPN platform http://hbcusportsnet.com/swac-announces-2022-espn-football-schedule/
(http://hbcusportsnet.com/swac-announces-2022-espn-football-schedule/)The SWAC also had a few games featured on the CW
additionally NBC broadcast Southern vs Grambling

OhioHen
November 4th, 2022, 06:12 PM
The SWAC had almost 30 games on the ESPN platform http://hbcusportsnet.com/swac-announces-2022-espn-football-schedule/
(http://hbcusportsnet.com/swac-announces-2022-espn-football-schedule/)The SWAC also had a few games featured on the CW
additionally NBC broadcast Southern vs Grambling
Even counting the games featuring two SWAC teams, it comes out to an average of about four broadcasts per school. That's less than half of what SDSU has. Only Coach Prime comes close to the same number noted by JacksFan40.