PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'Em - Week 9

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2022, 10:00 PM
The presumptive PL championship game is the star of this week's schedule, with two other games to draw a few of us online.

Georgetown (1-6) at Lafayette (2-5), 12:30 pm
Colgate (2-5) at Bucknell (1-6), 1:00 pm
Fordham (6-1) at Holy Cross (7-0), 1:00 PM
Lehigh, idle

UNHWildcat18
October 22nd, 2022, 10:04 PM
Georgetown vs Lafayette
Colgate vs Bucknell
Fordham vs Holy Cross
Lehigh vs Bye

bonarae
October 22nd, 2022, 11:29 PM
Lafayette
‘Gate
Holy Cross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ngineer
October 23rd, 2022, 10:35 PM
Will LC get blind sided by the Hoyas for feeling too good about their 'almost win' over HC? Shouldn't happen with their new coach, so I will go with the Leotards, 21-17.

Bucky will still be nursing a hangover after celebrating their first win in 14 games. Raiders roll, 31-10

Rams will bring their track shoes, but lack of a defense should be fatal. 'Saders 45-24

Lehigh remains idling as they have for the past few weeks...

Pards Rule
October 24th, 2022, 05:56 AM
Georgetown vs Lafayette
Colgate vs Bucknell
Fordham vs Holy Cross
Lehigh vs Bye
I knew the Bye vote was coming

NY Crusader 2010
October 24th, 2022, 06:59 AM
Georgetown vs Lafayette
Colgate vs Bucknell
Fordham vs Holy Cross
Lehigh vs Bye

Post of the Year candidate.

Harkens to the highway sign once seen outside Chicago...Interstate 94 Northwestern 0

NY Crusader 2010
October 24th, 2022, 07:00 AM
Georgetown 30 Lafayette 26
Colgate 28 Bucknell 3
Fordham 45 Holy Cross 35

Southsider
October 24th, 2022, 05:04 PM
I think you mean the last 5 years!

NY Crusader 2010
October 24th, 2022, 05:13 PM
Will LC get blind sided by the Hoyas for feeling too good about their 'almost win' over HC? Shouldn't happen with their new coach, so I will go with the Leotards, 21-17.

Bucky will still be nursing a hangover after celebrating their first win in 14 games. Raiders roll, 31-10

Rams will bring their track shoes, but lack of a defense should be fatal. 'Saders 45-24

Lehigh remains idling as they have for the past few weeks...

Zero shot we're holding Fordham to 24 points.

crusader11
October 24th, 2022, 07:21 PM
Zero shot we're holding Fordham to 24 points.

I’m not going to be surprised if they’re held to south of 30, though.

Best way to stymie Fordham is keeping them off the field. HC has a great running attack. I’m expecting a real heavy dose of Sluka - Oliver - Fuller to control the game and clock.

I fully expect Chesney to out-duel Conlin in a big game.

DFW HOYA
October 24th, 2022, 08:39 PM

DeMorat hasn't faced a defense like this. Two or three INT's keeps it under 30.

fillfittonfield
October 24th, 2022, 10:35 PM
Georgetown 30 Lafayette 26
Colgate 28 Bucknell 3
Fordham 45 Holy Cross 35

NY! Going against our Saders?!?! Say it ain’t so!

The Cats
October 24th, 2022, 10:42 PM
Georgetown (1-6) at Lafayette (2-5)
Colgate (2-5) at Bucknell (1-6)
Fordham (6-1) at Holy Cross (7-0)

NY Crusader 2010
October 25th, 2022, 01:13 AM

Best way to stymie Fordham is keeping them off the field. HC has a great running attack. I’m expecting a real heavy dose of Sluka - Oliver - Fuller to control the game and clock.

Hopefully Smith goes back to our bread and butter and this game plan is implemented. The Lafayette game was his worst game this season. Tried to be too cute with the play-calling and continued calling pass plays on first down when Sluka clearly didn't have it. End result was too many third-and-longs that we couldn't convert. Only positive from the offense last week was the play of the O Line the last 7 minutes and that Fuller and Oliver averaged their fait accompli 4ypc for the game. And I know it was Chesney's call but going for it on 4th and 2 at the 6 yard line late was an egregious decision. Going up by 6 meant absolutely nothing at that point. Lafayette wasn't kicking a field goal. End the game. Don't give the Leopards the ball back. Fuller or Oliver were going to get those 2 yards -- or even Sluka on a QB dive behind one of those guys blocking for him.

Fordham
October 25th, 2022, 10:01 AM
There’s some odd good-cop, bad-cop routine going in here with HC fans.

My take matches this one, though. Not sure we can stop a team that can run as well as HC, they have the best D we’ll face all year (Lafayette #2) and Chesney an amazing big game coach.

Let’s hope we keep it respectable enough that 9-2 gets us a second playoff spot for the PL

ngineer
October 25th, 2022, 04:19 PM
There’s some odd good-cop, bad-cop routine going in here with HC fans.

My take matches this one, though. Not sure we can stop a team that can run as well as HC, they have the best D we’ll face all year (Lafayette #2) and Chesney an amazing big game coach.

Let’s hope we keep it respectable enough that 9-2 gets us a second playoff spot for the PL

I really expect HC to win as they show a more 'complete' game, especially with defense. Key is not letting DeMorat any time to sit in the rocking chair as we did. Overall, Lehigh played well, defensively, EXCEPT for about five plays where DeMorat was able to throw 60 yards. Should be exciting, though, as both teams have enough firepower to win. Better defense usually wins. If Fordham had more seats, I'd consider going to it. No reason the place should not be SRO. Good luck to both teams.

crusader11
October 25th, 2022, 04:35 PM
Game is in Worcester, ngineer, if you feel like making the drive.

Hoping the crowd is in the 16k - 18K range.

The Boogie Down
October 25th, 2022, 06:41 PM
Fordham 45 Holy Cross 35

Harkens to the scoreboard once seen (well) outside Boston...Fordham 42 Holy Cross 35

DFW HOYA
October 25th, 2022, 06:43 PM
So, how about that Georgetown-Lafayette game?
[crickets]

The Boogie Down
October 25th, 2022, 06:52 PM
[crickets]

Think this one lost some of its luster once they stopped marketing it as the FIOS Game!

TheValleyRaider
October 25th, 2022, 09:42 PM
As DFW points out, only one game this week really sells itself. The others needs some help, so perhaps a tag or storyline might get us through the week until Saturday. 2-1 last week (finally wrong about Lehigh), 33-8 on the season

Georgetown at Lafayette Lafayette "This game is definitely being broadcast somewhere." Kidding aside, Georgetown showed a little fight last week, keeping within striking distance of Colgate, or at least closer than this Raider fan was comfortable with. Lafayette put together a good showing against the presumptive favorite, so we'll see if they keep the momentum going with a second League win.

Colgate at Bucknell Colgate "Who keeps the momentum? Two teams riding season-long win streaks." The truth is always a defense. Bucknell will definitely feel good about getting a win over Lehigh, even this version of the Hawks. Right now I think the Raiders are in competition with Lafayette for #3 in the League, and beating Bucknell as the Leopards did will keep that dream alive. Who gets two in a row?

Fordham at Holy Cross Holy Cross "Patriot League Championship Game." Sometimes it really is that simple. Right now I think the Crusaders are still the class of the PL. Sure they took a real shot from Lafayette, but they came through in the end. With this game on the horizon, it wasn't really a surprise. Everyone points to Georgetown for the 2003 Colgate team, but remember they needed to rally for a one-score win at 1-11 Holy Cross to finish the undefeated regular season. Fordham can score, but also struggles to stop others from doing the same. At home, they finish the job and set up to be the first team to win four titles in a row since Lehigh 1998-2001.

ngineer
October 25th, 2022, 09:48 PM
Game is in Worcester, ngineer, if you feel like making the drive.

Hoping the crowd is in the 16k - 18K range.
Thanks for the info, but the hike is too long. Hope you get a big crowd!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 25th, 2022, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the info, but the hike is too long. Hope you get a big crowd!

Fitton Field is 259 miles from my house to Holy Cross. However, that mileage does not account for the absolutely wretched 70 or so mile stretch of 84 from Danbury to Manchester (just east of Hartford). That is easily one of the worst stretches of highway anywhere on the East Coast for the simple reason there is no reason for it to suck that bad!

If the opportunity presents itself I will try to attend either a HC or Fordham playoff game. If nothing else, I am due for a day trip to NYC....

UNHWildcat18
October 25th, 2022, 11:58 PM

Harkens to the highway sign once seen outside Chicago...Interstate 94 Northwestern 0

You are far too kind sir. Also rooting for you guys next week!

caribbeanhen
October 26th, 2022, 10:44 AM

what is the best defense Fordham has seen this year?

DFW HOYA
October 26th, 2022, 11:03 AM
Fordham at Holy Cross "Patriot League Championship Game." Sometimes it really is that simple. Right now I think the Crusaders are still the class of the PL. Sure they took a real shot from Lafayette, but they came through in the end. With this game on the horizon, it wasn't really a surprise. Everyone points to Georgetown for the 2003 Colgate team, but remember they needed to rally for a one-score win at 1-11 Holy Cross to finish the undefeated regular season. Fordham can score, but also struggles to stop others from doing the same. At home, they finish the job and set up to be the first team to win four titles in a row since Lehigh 1998-2001.

Two thoughts about that game:

1. This was Colgate's first trip to Washington and to see Harbin Field (think Cooper Field without the amenities). It was the smallest field the Red Raiders had played in since Parsons Field at Northeastern and certainly a different backdrop than any other PL school. Colgate was also a slow starting team in those days, 1-10 in openers since 1991.

2. Georgetown ended the 2002 season winning three of its last four, including Bucknell and Towson, and returned most of its starters. This was a season where Georgetown lost its first three games by a total of 11 points, got back to 3-4 by mid-October, and then the floor collapsed, finishing 4-8. The Hoyas would not win more than four games for the next eight seasons.

crusader11
October 26th, 2022, 11:04 AM
what is the best defense Fordham has seen this year?

Good question.

Probably Ohio.

At the FCS level, I guess Lehigh?

ngineer
October 26th, 2022, 07:08 PM
Lehigh played Fordham fairly tough, but blew coverages on about 5 passes that collectively covered about 250-300 yards. While they sacked DeMorat about 3 times, there were times he could have cooked himself a hot dog and eaten it while standing in the pocket. No secondary can cover good receivers for 7-8 seconds.

caribbeanhen
October 26th, 2022, 07:21 PM
Good question.

Probably Ohio.

At the FCS level, I guess Lehigh?

that’s the main reason I say Holy Cross wins

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2022, 07:40 PM
[crickets]

It will be more competitive than it should be, because it's the FIOS Bowl!

DFW HOYA
October 26th, 2022, 08:59 PM
The Lafayette game will be ably covered by the LSN, which is easily the best of the seven PL broadcasts now under ESPN+. Nothing against hearing the WFUV feed over the video for Fordham or Doug Birdsong yelling "RAY BUCKNELL!" when the Bison do well, but the LSN team is the top of the list.

Gary Laubach and John Leone do a great job year after year, and if I missed someone else in the booth I apologize. Megan Caffrey was on last week's broadcast on the sidelines and she is a future star in the making, similar to where John Fanta is heading with Fox.

crusader11
October 26th, 2022, 09:10 PM
Did you just equate Megan Caffrey to John Fanta? I didn’t know who she was prior to last week, meanwhile Fanta is doing PBP for Big East basketball games on Fox Sports. Fanta has 32,000 Twitter followers, Caffrey has 1,800.

The Lafayette commentators aren’t that good.

The Lehigh guys call it like they see it and do a good job. The best in the PL, IMO.

DFW HOYA
October 26th, 2022, 10:11 PM
Did you just equate Megan Caffrey to John Fanta? I didn’t know who she was prior to last week, meanwhile Fanta is doing PBP for Big East basketball games on Fox Sports. Fanta has 32,000 Twitter followers, Caffrey has 1,800.

I said future. John Fanta has come a long way--he's only class of 2017 from Seton Hall, literally taking any and every job needed to build his resume. He's driving up and down I-95: covering Villanova football one day, Georgetown soccer the next, and back for a nightly podcast. The Fox PBP is a recognition of how far he has come.

Meghan Caffrey (class of 2015, Penn State) worked at SE2 until 2018 and is now doing a lot of work on Big East women's basketball and volleyball games and some Flosports broadcasts (also covered the women's basketball Final Four) which is why I was surprised she was on LSN as well.

My rankings of the broadcasts:

1. LSN/Lafayette
2. SE2/Lehigh
3. Spectrum News One/Holy Cross
4. Georgetown (Jeremy Huber has a different analyst literally every week, which isn't easy for continuity)
5. WKXZ/Colgate (simulcast)
6. Eagle 107/Bucknell (simulcast)
7. WFUV/Fordham (simulcast; the video sometimes lacks game time and down/distance)

Franks Tanks
October 27th, 2022, 10:53 AM
The LFN crew is solid, but their relentless optimism is tiring.

kdinva
October 27th, 2022, 11:16 AM
Georgetown 20 at Lafayette 28
Colgate 30 at Bucknell 21
Fordham 28 at Holy Cross 38

KPSUL
October 27th, 2022, 11:34 AM

The surest way to get the Patriot League two playoff spots is a Fordham win!

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2022, 08:05 PM
The LFN crew is solid, but their relentless optimism is tiring.

I have not watched a Lehigh broadcast in years... Marty Horn was insufferable.

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2022, 08:09 PM
The Lafayette game will be ably covered by the LSN, which is easily the best of the seven PL broadcasts now under ESPN+. Nothing against hearing the WFUV feed over the video for Fordham or Doug Birdsong yelling "RAY BUCKNELL!" when the Bison do well, but the LSN team is the top of the list.

Gary Laubach and John Leone do a great job year after year, and if I missed someone else in the booth I apologize. Megan Caffrey was on last week's broadcast on the sidelines and she is a future star in the making, similar to where John Fanta is heading with Fox.

LSN used to be much better. Every football game, starting in 2004 through 2011, was broadcast on TV. NDSU broke the streak - did not expect RCN to drive to Fargo - and then the FIOS game. After that, every game had been on TV until maybe a few years ago. And, the Patriot League Network streams used to be FREE. And some of the Lafayette games are not even streamed now. The Colgate game does not have any stream. We have regressed as a League in media exposure. Lafayette used to have radio broadcasts (Dick Hammer) but I do not know when they ceased - perhaps in the last 15 years.

Go...gate
October 27th, 2022, 11:49 PM
Lafayette 24, Georgetown 22

Bucknell 19, Colgate 17

Fordham 35, Holy Cross 28

Bonus pick: Princeton 30, Cornell 20

Doc QB
October 28th, 2022, 10:55 AM
He hasnt done it in at least a decade. The current color guy is a teammate of mine. His back up is another teammate of mine. Great guys.
I do the color on the radio for Fox Sports Lehigh Valley half the games each season. I do LU-Lafayette every year.
Its in Easton this year, and I'm not as excited as some years given the odor of LU's effort matches that of the Leopard pressbox...someone usually destroys the lone bathroom in the pressbox with a massive pregame deuce.
I may still be wearing a mask.

So, thanks to Crusader11 for the positive shout regarding our coverage.

RichH2
October 28th, 2022, 01:21 PM
Fordham in the upset. More to get 2 into the playoffs. Hang my hat on my Dad a Fordham grad and an OG.😊
Gate over Buckies. Don't expect a cakewalk.
Pards over Hoyas

Southsider
October 28th, 2022, 02:19 PM
He hasnt done it in at least a decade. The current color guy is a teammate of mine. His back up is another teammate of mine. Great guys.
I do the color on the radio for Fox Sports Lehigh Valley half the games each season. I do LU-Lafayette every year.
Its in Easton this year, and I'm not as excited as some years given the odor of LU's effort matches that of the Leopard pressbox...someone usually destroys the lone bathroom in the pressbox with a massive pregame deuce.
I may still be wearing a mask.

So, thanks to Crusader11 for the positive shout regarding our coverage.

Actually Doc, I'll bet it' been a good 20 years since Horn did radio. I thought his analysis was OK, but he did not have a voice for radio. And, as for Matt Kerr, he needs to go with Gilmore. He never knows where the ball is, or who the opponent is. A few weeks ago, at Cornell, he often stated it was Columbia. This is a weekly occurrence. Also, he spends far too much time describing a play before you know what the result was. By that time the next play is already happening.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 28th, 2022, 07:50 PM
Colgate 27 Bucknell 13 - Colgate has played hard each week despite being out-gunned more than a Raider team should be. The Bucknell team that WON last week was terrible....
Lafayette 24 Georgetown 17 - Will Lafayette be ready after last week's heartbreaking loss to Holy Cross? This is a great test for Troxell....
Holy Cross 41 Fordham 37 - Top to bottom I believe Fordham is the more talented team but when the chips are on the line in the 4th quarter I will take the Crusaders to prevail. I really hope a loss doesn't hurt Fordham's playoff chances. They can win a game, maybe two....

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2022, 09:02 PM
Colgate
Lafayette
The Cross

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2022, 10:08 PM

Meant to say LSN. Mike and Gary really give our guys too much credit.

The Lehigh crew is generally quite impartial and professional.

Leopard Loyalist
October 28th, 2022, 10:47 PM
Lafayette 28 Georgetown 14
Colgate 24 Bucknell 10
Holy Cross 42 Fordham 35

Pards Rule
October 29th, 2022, 07:14 AM
LSN used to be much better. Every football game, starting in 2004 through 2011, was broadcast on TV. NDSU broke the streak - did not expect RCN to drive to Fargo - and then the FIOS game. After that, every game had been on TV until maybe a few years ago. And, the Patriot League Network streams used to be FREE. And some of the Lafayette games are not even streamed now. The Colgate game does not have any stream. We have regressed as a League in media exposure. Lafayette used to have radio broadcasts (Dick Hammer) but I do not know when they ceased - perhaps in the last 15 years.
Very sad! I recall Dick Hammer at WEST! There used to be an old (and now valuable) metal advetrtising sign on Rt 611 north that was WEST and when I saw it I knew I was approaching LC. Hell I couldnt find the start of Phils World Series game in Ocean County coming back from CT trip last evening - AM or FM!!!

CHIP72
October 29th, 2022, 11:43 AM
Nice opening drive by Georgetown, going about 75 yards in roughly 6 1/2 minutes for an opening touchdown.

The Hoyas lead Lafayette 7-0.

CHIP72
October 29th, 2022, 11:51 AM

The reduced number of Lafayette TV/free streaming broadcasts can largely be blamed on the Patriot League signing a contract with ESPN. Now all PL team home games are streamed on ESPN+. Unless a sports or regular broadcast channel picks up the game (as MASN in the DC/Baltimore area does with many LSN-produced Lafayette home games), you have to pay for the stream.

I personally HATE ESPN+. It forces you to pay for something twice (ESPN broadcast channels on cable, ESPN+ via streams) that a few years ago you only had to pay for once. Even though I can easily afford it, for the reason above I refuse to buy ESPN+ on principle. (And there are various college football, college basketball and NHL games only available on ESPN that I might otherwise watch. But I will not pay ESPN twice for something I used to get while paying only once.)

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2022, 11:57 AM
Nice opening drive by Georgetown, going about 75 yards in roughly 6 1/2 minutes for an opening touchdown.

The Hoyas lead Lafayette 7-0.

Late arriving crowd?

http://www.hoyasaxa.com/sports/images.lafayette_416.jpg
https://www.hoyasaxa.com/sports/images/lafayette_416.jpg

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 29th, 2022, 12:00 PM
Late arriving crowd?

Hungover after last night's Phillies game....

CHIP72
October 29th, 2022, 12:01 PM
Late arriving crowd?

They are probably attending Holy Cross against Fordham. Or possibly holding pregame World Series parties.

FWIW, I know somebody who is attending the Georgetown/Lafayette game. He sent me a photo at the beginning of the game.

CHIP72
October 29th, 2022, 12:04 PM
Will be leaving for Temple/Navy in Annapolis shortly, but Lafayette needs to pick up their play. So far they look like they are having a letdown from their near miss against Holy Cross last week.

Franks Tanks
October 29th, 2022, 12:38 PM
Embarrassing effort by the Pards. Why would anyone watch this crap?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 29th, 2022, 01:04 PM
Lafayette scores near the end of the first half to gain some momentum...

Hoyas 17-7 Half

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2022, 01:05 PM
Fordham 10
Holy Cross 21
5:50 2nd

Pards Rule
October 29th, 2022, 01:31 PM
Georgetown 17 Lafayette 14

DFW HOYA
Fordham 24
Holy Cross 21
0:44 2nd

Pards Rule
Hungover after last night's Phillies game....

Looks like the snow game crowd evwening of this very day in 2011

Pards Rule
October 29th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Will be leaving for Temple/Navy in Annapolis shortly, but Lafayette needs to pick up their play. So far they look like they are having a letdown from their near miss against Holy Cross last week.

Night game?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 29th, 2022, 01:51 PM
Colgate 6 Bucknell 0 Half

My goodness....

CHIP72
October 29th, 2022, 02:00 PM
Night game?

3:30 PM start

(Most Navy home games in Annapolis start at 3:30 PM.)

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2022, 02:14 PM
Georgetown 30
Lafayette 14
11:04 4th

ngineer
October 29th, 2022, 02:22 PM
Holy cow!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 29th, 2022, 02:24 PM
The Lafayette score is shocking. Georgetown's offense has shown some spunk this season but against this Leopard defense to do this? Not the progress Troxell and the Pard faithful were hoping for. This is a big thud....

UNHWildcat18
October 29th, 2022, 02:28 PM
Holy Cross losing their season and seed. 21 unanswered points by Fordham 31-21…..3 min left in third. HC needs to clean it up

UNHWildcat18
October 29th, 2022, 02:30 PM
As I say that, HC with a massive QB run and down to the Fordham 5

- - - Updated - - -

And the response. 3 plays…. TD

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2022, 02:31 PM
Fordham 31
Holy Cross 28
2:08 3rd

Georgetown 30
Lafayette 20
6:57 4th

UNHWildcat18
October 29th, 2022, 02:32 PM
Yet HC…..used a timeout on an XP due to a missing lineman… just take the 5 yard penalty….

i guess the announcers were wrong and they did take the penalty. Finally XP made

Fordham 31 HC 28

ngineer
October 29th, 2022, 02:49 PM
Attendance over 17,500.

- - - Updated - - -

31-31 with 13:00 to go!

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2022, 02:51 PM
Fordham 31
Holy Cross 31
13:31 4th

Georgetown 30
Lafayette 20
Final

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 29th, 2022, 02:52 PM
Colgate 13 Bucknell 7 7:51 4Q

ngineer
October 29th, 2022, 02:52 PM
31-31 with 13:00 to go!

ngineer
October 29th, 2022, 02:55 PM
Touchdown Fordham on a 33 yd run!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 29th, 2022, 02:55 PM
TD Fordham! After the back broke through the line no one was there...

Rams 38-31 10:48 4Q

ngineer
October 29th, 2022, 02:56 PM
38-31. 10:48 to go

ngineer
October 29th, 2022, 02:59 PM
Hoyas beat Laughyette!!!! 30-20.

ngineer
October 29th, 2022, 03:01 PM
Colgate hanging on against Bucknell, 13-7 with under 5 minutes to olay

ngineer
October 29th, 2022, 03:04 PM
HC comes back down field..tie game, again, 38-38

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 29th, 2022, 03:23 PM
Colgate 13 Bucknell 7 Final

- - - Updated - - -

Colgate 13 Bucknell 7 Final

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2022, 03:44 PM
Fordham 45
Holy Cross 45
0:00 4th

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2022, 03:56 PM
Chesney runs the reverse on a two point conversion. Wow.

Fordham 52
Holy Cross 53
Final - OT

The Boogie Down
October 29th, 2022, 05:01 PM
Chesney runs the reverse on a two point conversion. Wow.

Fordham 52
Holy Cross 53
Final - OT

Congrats to HC. Tough loss for us as I still think we have the better team. Still, when it was time to win the game, we came up short. Holy Cross certainly did not. In the end the Crusaders showed what a ballsy coach can do in the clutch. Heimlich Joe? Not so much.

Oh and congrats to the Hoyas. Maybe the FIOS rivalry is back!

Pards Rule
October 30th, 2022, 07:30 AM
3:30 PM start

(Most Navy home games in Annapolis start at 3:30 PM.)

I went to Lafayette game in Annapolis in Oct 1985 and it was early afternoon start. A blowout loss for Pards of course. Last time we played Navy too - although supposed to have played them in Covid cancelled 2020 season.

Pards Rule
October 30th, 2022, 07:36 AM
The Lafayette score is shocking. Georgetown's offense has shown some spunk this season but against this Leopard defense to do this? Not the progress Troxell and the Pard faithful were hoping for. This is a big thud....

Very much on the mark. If HC was the best game of season, this was the worst

CHIP72
October 30th, 2022, 07:55 AM
I went to Lafayette game in Annapolis in Oct 1985 and it was early afternoon start. A blowout loss for Pards of course. Last time we played Navy too - although supposed to have played them in Covid cancelled 2020 season.

Had the 2020 game occurred, I almost definitely would have attended.

I “lost” two games in 2020 that ultimately weren’t made up or the schedule wasn’t adjusted in 2021 that I would have attended - Lafayette/Navy and (in D2) IUP/Shepherd. (The PSAC ultimately decided just to skip the 2020 season scheduling-wise, but that year was one of the rare years IUP was scheduled to play at Shepherd in the regular season. Shepherd is the closest PSAC team to where I live and the second-closest D2 team after Bowie State.)

Bloomsburg at Shepherd (also a D2 game) was also scheduled in 2020, but that’s an every other year occurrence. But then this year’s game was scheduled the same day as Temple at Navy, which took priority. (Scheduling conflicts between multiple games of interest to me happened a few times this year - Lehigh/Georgetown was bumped by Lafayette/Temple on 9/10, Penn/Georgetown was bumped by Fordham/Lehigh on 10/8 - actually it was indirectly bumped by the 10/9 Eagles/Cardinals game not being on TV in the DC area. I would have attended Princeton/Lafayette on 10/8 too had that been a 3:30 PM or later start.)

Pards Rule
October 30th, 2022, 08:56 AM
Had the 2020 game occurred, I almost definitely would have attended.

I “lost” two games in 2020 that ultimately weren’t made up or the schedule wasn’t adjusted in 2021 that I would have attended - Lafayette/Navy and (in D2) IUP/Shepherd. (The PSAC ultimately decided just to skip the 2020 season scheduling-wise, but that year was one of the rare years IUP was scheduled to play at Shepherd in the regular season. Shepherd is the closest PSAC team to where I live and the second-closest D2 team after Bowie State.)

Bloomsburg at Shepherd (also a D2 game) was also scheduled in 2020, but that’s an every other year occurrence. But then this year’s game was scheduled the same day as Temple at Navy, which took priority. (Scheduling conflicts between multiple games of interest to me happened a few times this year - Lehigh/Georgetown was bumped by Lafayette/Temple on 9/10, Penn/Georgetown was bumped by Fordham/Lehigh on 10/8 - actually it was indirectly bumped by the 10/9 Eagles/Cardinals game not being on TV in the DC area. I would have attended Princeton/Lafayette on 10/8 too had that been a 3:30 PM or later start.)

Now that I know Christopher Newport (D3) plays in NJ Athletic Assoc Im thinking of a game next year. Art Link was a good Lafayette DC, was UNH Linebacker coach UNHWildcats18!

Bisonoline
October 30th, 2022, 06:37 PM
Very much on the mark. If HC was the best game of season, this was the worst

Doug??? Is that you?????

NY Crusader 2010
October 30th, 2022, 08:34 PM
[crickets]

I wonder if anyone picked Georgetown...

Spoiler alert: somebody did

DFW HOYA
October 30th, 2022, 09:52 PM
I wonder if anyone picked Georgetown...
Spoiler alert: somebody did

This was one of those games Lafayette wished they had arrived sooner. At one point in the second quarter, GU held a 186-16 advantage in total yards. The Leopards held the Hoyas to just 97 yards after halftime, but had already spotted the visitors a 14 point lead and lost by 10.

Good effort from both teams, but HC will still be emptying the two deep in the season finale.

NY Crusader 2010
October 31st, 2022, 05:49 AM
This was one of those games Lafayette wished they had arrived sooner. At one point in the second quarter, GU held a 186-16 advantage in total yards. The Leopards held the Hoyas to just 97 yards after halftime, but had already spotted the visitors a 14 point lead and lost by 10.

Good effort from both teams, but HC will still be emptying the two deep in the season finale.

Hey they play the games for a reason. But I agree with you on this, I think HC is a bad matchup for Georgetown in general. The trap game for Holy Cross will be against Bryant in 2 weeks. They're a "sneaky good" 2-6 IMO. They just lost 48-40 to a quietly very good Gardner-Webb team that could very well beat Holy Cross or Fordham.

caribbeanhen
October 31st, 2022, 06:58 AM
Several years ago out of curiosity, I remember watching a replay of the Fordham at Holy Cross 2018 game. At least I think that was the game because it was at Holy Cross. I wanted to see what these two teams looked like. I wanted to see what Fitton stadium looked like. Usually when watching replays of games, I don’t watch them very long and move on to another. But this game was different and caught my eye and it was because of the two quarterbacks.

I can remember coming on AGS and sharing some impressions. It was probably some type of backhanded compliment about both QBs, a few jokes and maybe an insult. A Fordham fan jumped in real quick and educated me on Demorat and I heard about Sluka too.

When I find this post I will quote it just to see how embarrassing or braggart worthy it was 😂

crusader11
October 31st, 2022, 07:01 AM
Several years ago out of curiosity, I remember watching a replay of the Fordham at Holy Cross 2018 game. At least I think that was the game because it was at Holy Cross. I wanted to see what these two teams looked like. I wanted to see what Fitton stadium looked like. Usually when watching replays of games, I don’t watch them very long and move on to another. But this game was different and caught my eye and it was because of the two quarterbacks.

I can remember coming on AGS and sharing some impressions. It was probably some type of backhanded compliment about both QBs, a few jokes and maybe an insult. A Fordham fan jumped in real quick and educated me on Demorat and I heard about Sluka too.

When I find this post I will quote it just to see how embarrassing or braggart worthy it was 

Interesting. Would love to see this post.

Although I'm not sure it could have been 2018. That was a 17-13 game, so offensive play wouldn't have been all that impressive in all likelihood, plus Sluka was still in high school at this point.

caribbeanhen
October 31st, 2022, 07:29 AM
Interesting. Would love to see this post.

Although I'm not sure it could have been 2018. That was a 17-13 game, so offensive play wouldn't have been all that impressive in all likelihood, plus Sluka was still in high school at this point.

haha don’t tell me that ... let me prowl the cobwebs and see if I can narrow this down

KPSUL
October 31st, 2022, 07:36 AM

When I find this post I will quote it just to see how embarrassing or braggart worthy it was 

Holy Cross had an outstanding QB 2016 & 2017 - Peter Pujals. Unfortunately he was injured early in 2017 and HC lost a series of close games. In 2019 HC also had a solid guy at QB when we played'em, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Sluka.

caribbeanhen
October 31st, 2022, 08:29 AM
Holy Cross had an outstanding QB 2016 & 2017 - Peter Pujals. Unfortunately he was injured early in 2017 and HC lost a series of close games. In 2019 HC also had a solid guy at QB when we played'em, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Sluka.

http://hosted.stats.com/cfb/players.asp?id=313731

Your right about Sluka for 2019